Newbie 871 - Game Over Town Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tyrope
Tyrope
Townie
Tyrope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by Tyrope »

EBWODP: "Tyrope, can you ... pro-town?[/quote]" should be in a quote block.
(Rena, here known as Haylen, on #mafia)
[18:55] <+Rena> i dont usually think when im in a game. i just act
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by Yankee »

Tyrope wrote:Everything is possible, but i have a strong feeling that yankee is scum, maybe you're scum with him, but i'm not sure of that...

Anyway, i have nothing to say to state my innocence, however, as a last wish i want the Lyncher to look trough my posts before lynching.
Um, ok? 1st paragraph seems to me like you trying to cover all your bases and spread suspicion around on everyone so that you don't say that you clear anyone for later in the game when fewer people are left to lynch. By doing this you make it easier for you to flip flop between people. If you haven't gotten some kind of read one way or another on people this late into the game it seems to me that you are either very new to the game (which it is apparent that you have some kind of experience with some of the phrases you have used), you are not paying close enough attention to the game/don't care that much about the game (which I don't believe since you are making accusations, just not basing them on very much), or you are scum.

2nd Paragraph is (somewhat an AtE) either a ploy to delay the game or a way to cover up his distancing of his partner, or likely both.

By the way I am posting here in Maryland on Vacation. Can't post very much, still not back from V/LA....
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Yankee »

Also, in case I am not back before the day is over (and I will likely die in the night if Tyrope is scum), My bet right now is that Tyrope and Ksen are scum together. Ksen's hesitance to vote for Tyrope even though he feels evenly suspicious of both of us strikes me as very odd. Especially since Tyrope has move votes.

Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by Yankee »

ugh, I should not be posting late at night during Vacation. Just saw that you said you wanted to but it would be hammer, but I would like you to explain why you asked for a Votecount only a few posts down from a vote count.... This seems odd to me, not saying it is scummy, but I like to question anything that is odd.

boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:25 am

Post by boberz »

yankee im not sure you will be killed tonight whether or not tyrope is scum. They will try to kill off someone definately safe, and that is by no means true. My thinking has honed recently i will give my reads again, reasoning is not something i have been short of so it will just be names

almost certainly scum
Tyropw

probs scum
annachie

maybe scum
yankee tyrope

possible but unlikely scum
ether

suprised if scum
patrick
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:27 am

Post by boberz »

maybe scum should be ksen there and not tyrope
Tyrope
Tyrope
Townie
Tyrope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:14 am

Post by Tyrope »

Tyrope wrote:
boberz wrote:Tyrope, can you point to three instances where you have been overtly pro-town?
that would require me to read back, as it's 4AM now, i shall put this off for later, if i get back to this before my death, ofc.
boberz wrote:Tyrope to save yourself i advise you to post your reads on everyone with reasoning please.
Fair enough, shall do this soon (not now, reason see above)
as promised:
three instances, i fear i cannot give, not because i don't want to (i just re-read all my posts) but there simply is none... none that i can find that is.

My reads, at the moment, are not important, as the only think i can currently think when reading this topic is "how am i going to survive this one?" trying to focus on reads will get me side-tracked...

(just re-read this post... doesn't look good, oh well, i'm tired..)
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:17 am

Post by boberz »

no it doesnt look good. Can you find one instance of you helping town? a touch easier perhaps.

How exactly do you intend to get out of this mess if you refuse to show how you have helped town. And refuse to now help town upon prompting. The only thing that makes you look like town is a claim or scum hunting that is pro town.
Tyrope
Tyrope
Townie
Tyrope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by Tyrope »

well, upon reading back i read i didn't really "help" town in anything, i just went along with the flow. I've learned a wise lesson this game, you'll die without initiative.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by boberz »

tyrope, do you realise this is a team game?

The only person who need be scared of dying (in quite the way you describe it) is mafia. I would like a second opinion on tyrope, from a player i have as safish
Tyrope
Tyrope
Townie
Tyrope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by Tyrope »

Scared would not be the term I'd use, disappointed is more of the term.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by Annachie »

Pure anti-prod as I don't have anything much to add until the vote resolves.
But I am following along.
I try not to sign things. It just encourages people.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by boberz »

I'm gonna post again, cos im quite enjoying this.

Having read today again, annachie looks a bit better, but still makes sense as a tyrope partner. All i would say is that i think annachie is a better player than to have a vote on the same player with tyrope with no one else voting, if they are scum. But since their partnership has been pointed out it would be dangerous for either to move their vote, of course if they were partners tyrope could have moved his vote and confused me more, but he cant do that now because i have mentioned it

---

sorry as you may have gathered you have caught me mid thought process

---

ksen has been safer this day to an immense degree. talk to me, i need people to bounce off, or i start monologuing (exhibit a here)

patrick i just had a scum factor on you for the first time in a long time, but the fact i forgot it means it wasnt massive, but ill find it.

ether, how did the exam go? will we hear from you more after christmas?

yankee i read you again in iso throughout the whole game. You could well be scum.

---

To the town folk out there. I am going to call you naughty. Patrick and I asserted that we couldnt see a yankee tyrope team. Can any of you tell me why we might say this. Neither of us explained, and we should have been challenged, we werent.

Actually my annachie vote theory is wrong, ether indicated suspicion on yankee yesterday justifying the vote and since there were only three suspects at that time annachie could have got away with a tyrope vote.

I notice tyrope you promised me reads on everyone with reasoning, and in your next post decided that it was irrelevant. ludicrous.

btw, getting you to post your favourite animal was me trying to assess how worried you were about my attack, the answer was very. I did notice that you picked up on three random points in my post, rather than the three i highlighted or even better all of them. ludicrous
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by Yankee »

boberz wrote: yankee i read you again in iso throughout the whole game. You could well be scum.

---

To the town folk out there. I am going to call you naughty. Patrick and I asserted that we couldnt see a yankee tyrope team. Can any of you tell me why we might say this. Neither of us explained, and we should have been challenged, we werent.
Well can you please post reason's for why I may be scum? Or is it just an overall look at the situation?

Also, you are correct, We should have called you on it. I remember this instance, but if i remember correctly I figured you said this because Me and Tyrope were at each others throats.

starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:21 am

Post by starkmoon »

Yankee 2 Tyrope, Annachie
boberz
Tyrope 3 Yankee, Patrick, boberz
Annachie 1 ksen
ksen
Ether
Patrick

not voting

Ether

(Was away for 2 days doing a trip that should have taken one day... bloody UK failing to deal with bloody snow *Muttermuttermutter*)
Last edited by starkmoon on Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:56 am

Post by Annachie »

Tyrope 2 Yankee, Patrick, boberz
Bloody England and their new fangled counting system :)
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:41 am

Post by Patrick »

boberz, you asked for a second opinion on Tyrope from one of your town reads. I've made my opinion of him clear overall so I'm assuming you're talking about his last few posts. His lack of giving reads on anyone is weird but could easily be caused by being busy with christmas and perhaps a loss of morale as either alignment. I don't think his naming of a favourite animal indicates fear or really anything about his alignment; all it tells me is that he read your post. One thing I'm not keen on is his weakish attack on Yankee is post 554. It just seems weird to me to suggest someone else may be faking a vacation during the christmas period, in the post straight after he himself posted about his own V/LA coming up.

That said, your grilling of him looks genuine and more or less convinces me you're town. I think I agree that if Tyrope is scum then Annachie is his most likely partner, I find that slightly dissatisfying because Annachie doesn't read particularly scummy to me overall, but there are reasons against pretty much all pairings and we know a pairing exists, so. Yankee/Tyrope doesn't seem likely to me, ksen/Tyrope doesn't seem likely to me based on what I mentioned yesterday about ksen trying to lynch Yarmond.

In other news, Ether needs to post. I know she's no busier over christmas than she would be normally, and I agree we shouldn't progress to any lynch without hearing from her.
Annachie wrote:Pure anti-prod as I don't have anything much to add until the vote resolves.
But I am following along.
Vote resolves, meaning a lynch?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Tyrope
Tyrope
Townie
Tyrope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:59 am

Post by Tyrope »

Patrick wrote:One thing I'm not keen on is his weakish attack on Yankee is post 554. It just seems weird to me to suggest someone else may be faking a vacation during the christmas period, in the post straight after he himself posted about his own V/LA coming up.
He posted he was gone until the 24th (not including Christmas) on the 20th, i found this weird as he might aswell could've said until after Christmas (25 or 26th, depending on the country), ofc i can understand it, but it was at a moment where i was investigating him. Hence my thought of an evasive action.

speaking of V/LA, i said this before but:
V/LA
now - 27th
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:16 am

Post by Annachie »

Yes Patrick a lynch. Whilst a discussion on the no-lynch option at this stage would be interesting, we are going to get a lynch so it's academic.
Personally I want to wait for Ether as I proceded on the basis that she was back. I made my bed and leave the rest to you guys.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:23 am

Post by boberz »

No lynch does not make sense now i dont think. we are not going to find out much from that i suspect.

patrick, yeah i meant his last few posts.

unvote
Annachie
Annachie
Goon
Annachie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:30 am

Post by Annachie »

I was thinking that the NK will be telling, and a N-L leading into it could be a nice mix up. But don't get me wrong. Lynch!

and merry x-mas
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:29 am

Post by Patrick »

A no-lynch would put us to the point where one mislynch would lose us the game. No sense in that.

boberz, do you think Tyrope is townish based on his recent posts?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:11 am

Post by boberz »

No
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:22 am

Post by ksen »

I am probably not going to have much time to be on this site between now and Monday, 12/28. But I'll still do what I can to look in at least once a day.

I still have Annachie, Tyrope, and Yankee as most likely scum suspects with Annachie dropping a little and Tyrope rising. I'm willing to vote for any of those 3.

boberz is still town, Patrick is still town in my view.

I was pretty positive Ether was town and I still lean heavily that way but I would really like to see her break her silence. The longer she stays quiet the more suspicious I get. Unless I missed something her last post, #543, was 5 days ago.

@mod:
Is it time for a prod to Ether?

@Everyone else:
After rereading the exchange between Annachie and Tyrope in posts #560 and #561 is it possible that was a bit of bussing on Tyrope's part in order to make himself look townier at the expense of his partner, if they are partners?
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:32 am

Post by boberz »

Merry christmas all. I think annachie's no lynch comment was silly (for both scum and mafia) since we had a long discussion about it and it is one of the worst times for it. Is it scummy im not sure?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”