Mini 210: Secret Ballot Mafia- The Ballotbox is Closed!

Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:06 am

Post by Someone »

So, no votes. How are we going to go about making sure our lynch is going to help the town? Scum can manipulate the lynch quite easily in this game, so we have to be extra careful...
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:59 am

Post by Someone »

Can't we all decide to vote for one person? Why don't we agree, for the good of the town, that once we go into night, everyone should vote for the leading candadate for the lynch, no matter what your suspicions are. This will make our lynches somewhat more stable.

The more the voting period is random, the more the mafia can influence the vote. They have the power to coordinate their votes. To counterbalance that, we should do so as well.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:56 am

Post by Someone »

OK, I will repeat my plan, because it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

A) We proceed upon the regular procedures of finding somebody suspicious
B) We get the majority of people to find one person suspicious
C) We get
everyone
to vote this person, whether they think they're suspicious or not.

Pro-town forces have to vote for this person, because if not, the lynch is easily influenced. IMO we should all agree right now to vote to lynch the person who is in the majority position, rather than who we may personally feel the most scummy.

I agree
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #42 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:50 pm

Post by Someone »

I don't see anything wrong about exploring our options. As long as he wasn't pressing for no-lynch/mass claim, I see no reason why he cannot bring it up.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #80 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:46 am

Post by Someone »

Right now, I'm most suspicious of raj and KE. Choco may be mafia, but I don't think he is.

After some thought, keeping our votes secret may not be such a bad idea for today. This is because the mafia will not have time to talk during the voting, and probably didn't plan aquadately what to do in certain lynch situations. However, we can not afford to not publicise our votes past today, because it would then make it all too easy for the mafia to manipulate our vote with a well-thought-out plan.

For me, raj is the most suspicious because of how he is forcing the issue a little too much for my taste. Most importantly, post 70, when his vote now is considerably premature, I could not possibly decide who to vote for with such a lack of info, and so many lurkers.

Right now, I think that people who haven't been posting should post, and that the mod should issue prods.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #95 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:50 pm

Post by Someone »

I'm not too suspicious of Astro. He does set off the scumdar sometimes, but not enough to be worried, I think...

My top suspect would be Raj followed by KE.

I'm still waiting for some people to post or be replaced. I don't really have a third option at this point in the game.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #98 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:22 am

Post by Someone »

Point taken: Choco was the first to vote. IMO he's done enough to clear himself since then.

I disagree that most people would have felt comfortable in voting at the point you declared your "vote now". Even at this point, I would feel iffy about voting (mostly because of the lurkers.)

That being said. The list of suspicions:

rajrhcpfreak

1. KingEnigma
2. ChocoCid
3. Pariah

Someone

1.rajrhcpfreak
2. KE
3. Lurkers

Chocokid

1. Astronaut , King Enigma (tied)
3. rajrhcpfreak

Mathcam

1.Astronaut, raj, and KingEnigma

Lubabah

1. Astronaut
2. "The" King
3. Pariah

Astronaut

1.Raj
2.Chocokid
3. ???

Halfpint and pariah have yet to make a list. STD is seriously lurking. And ogre has yet to post in this game.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #100 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:07 pm

Post by Someone »

So we have to stall the game until that happens?
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #107 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:25 pm

Post by Someone »

halfpint wrote:
Astronaut wrote:Are Someone and I the only ones concerned about how we should vote?

We have talked quite a bit about how we should vote. I, for one, posted my thoughts on the subject more than once. In fact, that's pretty much what the entire game has been about thus far -- deciding on how we should vote. This question comes off to me as someone who is trying too hard to appear to be pro-town.
I believe that at the time it seemed like the majority of the people wanted to keep the votes secret, which is why astro made that statement.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #112 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:07 am

Post by Someone »

rajrhcpfreak

1. KingEnigma
2. ChocoCid
3. Pariah

Someone

1.rajrhcpfreak
2. KingEnigma
3. Lurkers

Chocokid

1. Astronaut , King Enigma (tied)
3. rajrhcpfreak

Mathcam

1.Astronaut, raj, and KingEnigma

Lubabah

1. Astronaut
2. "The" King
3. Pariah

Astronaut

1.Raj
2.Chocokid
3. ???

STD

1. Astronaut
2. Raj
3. Choco

Pariah

1. KingEnigma,
2. Chocokid,
3. Raj.

Halfpint

1.Raj
2.Astro

King enigma

1.Chocokid

It looks like KE and raj are the most suspected by now. They are followed by Astro and chocokid.

Maybe a revote with just the king and raj? Maybe include astro in the most suspicious bunch?
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #118 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:36 am

Post by Someone »

Hold on a sec. Let's have everyone confirm that they'll be voting for raj, if that's the path we've decided to take.

*confirms voting raj*
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #123 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:27 am

Post by Someone »

Ok, if we're going to go on with voting raj, then we're going to need at least like 9ish people saying there going to vote him no matter what to make sure there'll be no funny buisness going on so no one else call for a vote until enough people confirm.

That being said, I don't understand KE's refusal to vote raj. Does it matter if you think that choco is scum? Can't we take care of him tomorrow? Or are you equally sure that raj isn't scum? If so, then you may have a case, but you need to explain why.

Otherwise, your refusal to vote raj is at best unruly and probably not pro-town.

We are not hasty in voting now, if you see any reason that raj should not be lynched, you should speak up with your reasoning. You said there is "so much discussion that needed to be done", and it can stil be done! However, once we have decided to vote, the only thing you can do that is pro-town is to vote with the town, whoever it may be.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #136 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:07 pm

Post by Someone »

We're kinda in a parting of the ways here. Either we go ahead and lynch raj, or we re-evaluate our position and perhaps have a revote on who to lynch.

I'm all for going ahead and lynching Raj, since I still think he's the most suspicious. The day has dragged on long enough, and I'm pretty confident in my vote. If anybody has a problem with that, you should speak out.

That being said, nobody should vote now just yet. Right now we have five people who have confirmed they'll be voting raj. Mathcam, ChocoCid, Save The Dragons, Someone and Astro.

I won't feel confident going into a vote unless we have at least 8-9 people that are confirming they'll be voting.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #159 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:21 pm

Post by Someone »

Hmm...After reviewing the posts yesterday, I have to say that choco seems a lot more suspicious than he did when I made my order. I'll have to make a post detailing my suspicions...but just know for now that I have my eye on him.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #196 (isolation #14) » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:16 am

Post by Someone »

Woo! Hey Iba! :)

It looks like the overwhelming majority could go with choco lynch, and his latest post has done nothing but heightened my suspicions.

If no one objects, I'd like to request a claim from choco.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #244 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:20 am

Post by Someone »

Hmm. I've actually been reading the thread, but have seen nothing of importance to convey to you guys. However, I guess I still should have been posting.

My opinion hasn't changed...Choco is a unconfirmable, easy to claim, not very powerful role. Also, there's the added bonus of him acting rather suspiciously during D1. I've been waiting for you guys to find another way for us to go, but we've been going in circles. I still maintain that choco is our best shot for today.

The king has been acting weird...but if his play is scummy I have no idea. Astro is okay in my book, and I don't see much suspicious in mathcam either.

Either way, the deadline is approaching fast, and I would be willing to vote along with the majority, whatever the majority happens to choose. Just choose fast...
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #264 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:21 am

Post by Someone »

Just checking in, making sure I'm not replaced or anything. Searching for new suspects...give me a day or two.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #271 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:05 pm

Post by Someone »

Astronaut- I agree with the rash of people that didn't find astro all too guilty day one. He was suspicious, but not much so.
ibaesha- I'm looking at her first post, and finding it very hard to imagine a scenario in which she would be scum. Very innocent-looking.
inHimshallibe- Despite a couple of things, none of his posts really jumps to the eyes.
mathcam- I may be way off...but I consider him quite innocent. His posts have been suspicious, but the way they look to me they can be explained by typical mathcam behaviour.
SpeedyKQ- Suspicious? Mixed feelings. Pariah was suspicious, and Speedy doesn't look too much. Either he's a very good actor, or my scumdar wasn't working with pariah.
Thok- Has been rather keen on the mathcam bandwagon. Scum tactics? Trying to get rid of a formidable opponent? Dunno. Like to hear more from him.

If I had a vote, I wouldn't use it. Thok is leading right now, followed by Speedy.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”