Mini 210: Secret Ballot Mafia- The Ballotbox is Closed!

Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:09 pm

Post by Astronaut »

I'm game.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:03 am

Post by JereIC »

Day ends, democracy begins!

Please PM me your votes.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:19 am

Post by JereIC »

The votes are in, and ChocoCid is sooooo going to the Pit O' Snakes. His last screams are "Hail to the Godfather!", assuring you of his scumminess.

ChocoCid, Mafia Goon, is lynched! Night, y'all!
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:11 pm

Post by JereIC »

Night has lasted way too long already.

Firm, totally unretractable deadline set for noon EST Saturday!
If deadline passes and your night choice isn't in, I will not make one for you.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:07 am

Post by JereIC »

Thok replaced STD. Thwak presumed MIA.

What?

Firm, totally unretractable deadline remains set for noon EST Saturday!
If I haven't PMed you asking where the hell your night choice is, then you don't have to worry about it. You can worry about it if you want, but you don't have to.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:44 am

Post by JereIC »

Rise and shine, cupcakes, Day Three has started! It looks like the Night Kill Fairy paid a visit to
KingEnigma
, giving him a couple of stab wounds in exchange for all of his cash. Kind of like the opposite of the tooth fairy, but meaner. KingEnigma was an operational backup doc.

KingEnigma, backup doc, has been killed! With seven still alive, it'll take four calls to start a lynching.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:37 am

Post by Thok »

Hi everybody, I'm replacing STD. (Waves to everybody but ibaesha :D).

On reading the thread, I'm suspicious right now of mathcam and SpeedyKQ. Mathcam seems to me like he's trying to control the town, and he flip-flopped several times on Chococid- FOSing him early day 1, then not including him in his three scummiest people that day and being one of the last people day 2 to support the Chococid lynch. SpeedyKQ I'm suspicious of because of Pariah's behavior day 1-the SK thing was somewhat suspicious, and he seemed somewhat chatty with Chococid.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:08 am

Post by Thok »

Apparently everybody values secrecy a lot in this game. Bumping to get people's attention and also to mention that I'll be busy Monday and may not post at all during the day.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:18 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Well, KE was right about Choco. Perhaps looking at Speedy more closely? I'll do some reading.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:46 am

Post by mathcam »

Sorry, busy weekend. I'll concede that I was among the most blinded to Choco's scumminess...a posthumous Kudos to KingEnigma for his insight there. I'll immodestly claim, however, that the Choco lynch might not have come to fruition if I hadn't unflipflopped myself on Choco near the end of yesterday. I saw a lot of scumminess in that one post, enough so to make me confident in that lynch.

I'm not sure in what sense I'm controlling the town other than putting forward my own opinions on every lynch.

We should all do re-reads to get a feel for people who might be scum with Choco.

Cam
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:07 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Fine, don't wave at me, Thok. :lol: And are you going to go around speaking my thoughts before I have a chance to say them in this game too? I need to do a reread of the game, but right now both mathcam and Speedy are sticking out to me. Speedy, based on Choco's 'investigation', KE's observation of that, and also the proposal he put forward at the beginning of yesterday, which I found somewhat suspect. mathcam ... primarily his defense of Choco day 1, and then whatever it is that's not sitting right with me, and no, it's not because he likes math. (Although that's nearly reason enough!)
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:24 pm

Post by JereIC »

At this point, I'd prefer not to go find replacements, or impose a deadline, but I can be persuaded otherwise...
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:37 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

I'm here. I'm at something of a loss, with both of my top suspects now dead.

Choco fingering me with his fake votecop roleclaim is frustrating, because I agree that it makes me look bad. Maybe he did it on purpose since I was already under some suspicion?

Obviously I'd prefer to lynch mathcam than myself - I know I'm not scum. I suppose there could be something to mathcam defending Choco yesterday. It'd be a gutsy move for scum to make - since it would surely look bad the next day if the defense failed. If we're looking for scumminess based on interactions with Choco, there are other possibilities. Astronaut and Choco each put an FOS on the other early on day 1, which can be a big scum tell. And Astronaut was the first to suggest the votecop role that Choco later used.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:50 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

The thing is, though, that Choco never voiced any personal suspicions of Pariah. Then he claims to have votecopped Speedy/Pariah because he "seemed suspicious." It just doesn't exactly add up.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:21 am

Post by Someone »

Just checking in, making sure I'm not replaced or anything. Searching for new suspects...give me a day or two.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:43 am

Post by Astronaut »

SpeedyKQ wrote:Astronaut and Choco each put an FOS on the other early on day 1, which can be a big scum tell. And Astronaut was the first to suggest the votecop role that Choco later used.
I went back and did a quick re-read of day 1, I was surprised that I never actually voted for Choco. I was calling attention to him for most of the day, this is a quote from when everyone were listing their top three:
ChocoCid wrote:Astro, nobody's going to wagon me right now, so could you please stop trying?
Pariah was mentioned as acting scummy early on, I'll have to go back to see if inHim's right when he says Choco never mentioned Pariah/SpeedyKQ as being suspicious. If so, Speedy is probably top of my list at the moment.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:30 am

Post by ibaesha »

After a reread of the thread, Speedy remains at the top of my list for reasons mentioned already. In addition, his last post where he turns around and points a finger at Astronaut bugs me. It looks like scum trying to dig up something on someone else to detract attention away from themselves. With Astronaut drawing a lot of suspicion on day 1, he's a good target for it, I'd guess.*shrug* While Astronaut was on a lot of day 1 lists, when I did my initial read I didn't find him scummy. I still don't.

I have some other suspicions, but with the lack of activity since day began, I'm going to leave it at that. I'd like to hear what other people have to say.
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:22 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

I see what you're saying, Astronaut, you were attacking Choco an awful lot for him to be your scumbuddy. A quick furtive FOS followed by an attempt to move on to somebody else is more scummy.

I don't know what to say, I'm frustrated. I feel like I'm the top suspect right now, I can't answer for Pariah's actions, and I have no particular way to prove my innocense. Nobody stands out to me as an obvious lynch choice, all I can do is keep looking.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:10 pm

Post by Thok »

ibaesha wrote:While Astronaut was on a lot of day 1 lists, when I did my initial read I didn't find him scummy. I still don't.
See, now you're posting my thoughts before I do. Especially early day 1, Astronaut struck me as extremely pro-town, especially for being one of earliest people to support Someone's plan for handling town's vote, which seems like it's help town a lot.

Incidentally, that's part of why I find mathcam somewhat scummy-he was the first person to suggest Astronaut was being scummy on day 1 (in post 87) and basically created the antiAstronaut bandwagon out of thin air (espcially since his major argument was that Astronaut was attacking Chococid).
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:47 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Pah. I hate having no votes to go on. (I suppose that's the fun of this game though, now isn't it? :P) I'll try and make a good, contented post soon.
Show

:

Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:39 pm

Post by Astronaut »

No access until Sunday morning.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:05 pm

Post by Someone »

Astronaut- I agree with the rash of people that didn't find astro all too guilty day one. He was suspicious, but not much so.
ibaesha- I'm looking at her first post, and finding it very hard to imagine a scenario in which she would be scum. Very innocent-looking.
inHimshallibe- Despite a couple of things, none of his posts really jumps to the eyes.
mathcam- I may be way off...but I consider him quite innocent. His posts have been suspicious, but the way they look to me they can be explained by typical mathcam behaviour.
SpeedyKQ- Suspicious? Mixed feelings. Pariah was suspicious, and Speedy doesn't look too much. Either he's a very good actor, or my scumdar wasn't working with pariah.
Thok- Has been rather keen on the mathcam bandwagon. Scum tactics? Trying to get rid of a formidable opponent? Dunno. Like to hear more from him.

If I had a vote, I wouldn't use it. Thok is leading right now, followed by Speedy.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:05 pm

Post by mathcam »

Read through again, some comments:
mathcam wrote:I think ChocoCid is mafia, and I think he's overacting how "hard" he thinks it's going to be for the town to get a good lynch.
I know I reversed myself later, but if I were scum with Choco, I probably wouldn't have made such a strong statement here. I probably would have laid down an FOS, or if I made a vote, it would have noticably more wishy-washy.

Man, I don't know if I wasn't paying attention at the start of the game or what, but reading through this time, I got a totally different vibe out of just about everyone (except, actually, for Raj, who I still think acted scummily).

Other comments:
1) I got the same very-scummy vibe from Lubabah (now ibaesha), but I have to admit that ibaesha has done a good job of quelling those suspicions.
2) There are a couple of people I'm pretty sure are innocent, but I think I might as well keep those to myself until there's a reason not to.
3) I think my top suspicion right now is inHim. He replaced Ogre, who was a pretty notorious lurker day 1, on thus hard to get a read on. Since then, he aroused my suspicion at the start of yesterday, and post 239 strikes me as odd...calling for a lurker hunt when several people have indicated that they found Choco scummy.
4) Thok is coming in second.

Cam
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:15 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

calling for a lurker hunt when several people have indicated that they found Choco scummy.
I really don't see this as clearly as you seem to think you do. To me, the town was running around like a chicken with its head cut off.
Show

:

JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:43 pm

Post by JereIC »

hehe, these new servers are fast. now we've just got to wait for the DNS to catch up

Vote count

Not calling for a vote
(7) - everybody

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”