Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:06 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I'm here but I need a proper read through and I won't have time to do this properly until Monday. I'll post my thoughts then.
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:19 am

Post by EnterYourNameHere »

Same as Stoofer for me, except I can probably post later today.
prinny, dood
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:34 am

Post by Nox »

Somehow, I`m thinking Someone is a little too silent for my taste. From what I seen, he`s usually all over the place when he`s town.
Nocturne is, most obviously, NOT sleeping.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:53 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Was there a Someone wagon yesterday? I don't remember.
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
SaberKitty
SaberKitty
Supposed to be? This IS blue.
SaberKitty

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:03 am

Post by SaberKitty »

I'd have figured there'd have been a bandwagon by now. Perhaps by monday, when people have read the thread more thoroughly or something we'll get better posting. I frankly expected to have teeth gnashed in my general direction for not posting in a while...
stupid harddrive feaking out and having to reinstall windows....

anywho, i really don't feel strongly about the current single votes - the person who i feel is most scummy among those is maybe Mr. Stoofer, but like everyone else (i think) it's more of a feeling than anything i can substantiate.

however, I still don't like rolandofthewhite's posting. unlike others, he has been here to post and yet, nothing much has been said. he's got his secret suspicions about MeMe but won't let us on to them.

I think it's scummy. I really do. The town isn't getting anywhere (obviously) and since you have the chance to help us out with whatever information you're hiding and aren't, i have to assume that you don't want to help the town.
Post with content.
Explain your rationale.
And also for acting scummy in general:
vote: rolandofthewhite

-sk
[color=blue]Hug a snowman, It's a cold world out there![/color]
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:39 am

Post by Someone »

Nox wrote:Somehow, I`m thinking Someone is a little too silent for my taste. From what I seen, he`s usually all over the place when he`s town.
I say nothing because all the evidence is too circumstantial for my tastes. All these bandwagon habits are good and great, but without really scummy behaviour, I always hesitate to follow them.
rolandofthewhite wrote:Was there a Someone wagon yesterday? I don't remember.

Yes.

That's all for the moment. I have some suspicions I want to post, but I need more time to sort my thoughts and make a more complete arguments.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Vesuvan
Vesuvan
Goon
Vesuvan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:20 pm

Post by Vesuvan »

Commodore Amazing wrote:I don't understand why we're using votes against Vesuvan and SaberKitty as damning evidence. Neither of them has been confirmed innocent.
We're not - well, at least I'm not.

I'm using your representation of what looks to me like a fairly good pro-town voting pattern (i.e. cautious play and looking for someone behaving scummy rather than just "looking for a lynch") as an indication of that person being scummy as a reason to vote for you. How can you say Nox is the scummiest person from yesterday's voting patterns?
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:41 pm

Post by Commodore Amazing »

unvote: Nox
; we've had a lot of discussion today, and it looks like we'll get a real lynch.

fos: Axelrod
for claiming to understand the silent speaker's reasons for voting for me and bandwagoning. I've read them twice now and I still don't understand how every scenario makes me scum.

More tomorrow night.
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:15 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I still think that Someone would be a good lynch for the reasons I've already given: mainly because he was the "3rd bandwagon" on day 1, and we know that that the 1st and 2nd bandwagons were on townies, and also because he was bandwagonning yesterday (although so were many others...). Another advantage of a Someone lynch is that it would give the town lots of useful info based on the voting patterns on day 1.

However, there is something much more spectacularly scummy to my mind, which is Axelrod's vote for Commodore Amazing, allegedly based on the silent speakers' analysis. I certainly don't understand the silent speaker's analysis and I'm fairly confident that Axelrod doesn't either. Axelrod's post 240 doesn't reveal any level of understanding of tss' analysis and his post 248 owes nothing to the analysis. Agreeing with an analaysis you don't understand is scummy. So,
unvote: Someone
and
vote:Axelrod
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:51 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Vote count, nine to evict:

Commodor Amazing 3 (TSS, Vesuvan, Axelrod)
Mr Stoofer 2 (Leonidas, Fuldu)
MeMe 1 (rolandofthewhite)
Nox 1 (Loudmouthlee)
Rolandofthewhite 1 (SaberKitty)
Axelord 1 (Mr Stoofer)

Not voting: still too freaking many players

The words “do we need a deadline” are marching to this thread with ill-deserved impopularity.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:27 am

Post by MeMe »

vote: Someone

Best current guess.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:32 am

Post by MeMe »

How 'bout we just ignore that? I've changed my mind.
PeaceBringer wrote:another reason for the unvote is nothing wrong with going by inactives. Inactives around here skate by far to often.
unvote: Someone
vote: PeaceBringer
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:25 am

Post by Axelrod »

@Stoofer: you might want to go back and do that "proper read through" you were talking about before accusing me of voting without undetstanding, especially if you thing Someone is the most suspicious.

Still keeping the vote on Commodore for the time being (with the qualifications I mentioned my last post). I also don't like the way he immediately jumped off voting Nox as soon as he was challanged on it. Plus, as I said, if he
is
a mafia, I think there's a significantly higher probablilty that Someone is also.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:58 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I have read over Commodore's posts and I'm not so much struck as to the content of them, but I am sort of set back at the fact that out of the ten posts he's made so far .. 8 of them contain votes/unvotes ..
Fos: Commodore_Amazing
. A little confused are ya?

Vote: Peacebringer
.. just cause he's hasn't posted yet today, like Meme said, and he of all people is a big presser on that issue. Could be he forgot about the game, but I'd still like to see what happens.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:14 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

Well here goes my only post for this game day. I hoped to wait longer and get a decent vote out there, but since I don't I shall not be voting.

You can lynch me if you want. I think I am just going to say who I am-

I am Hey_Herb and I am a junkie. I can take an acid trip each night and get visions related to a person.

The info is very lose. I prefer not to take a trip on this night and sort out with folks what to present of images. The clue I got last night was a series of words/images some not connected to the previous. So I don't know what to make or how to help. I haven't seen anything of the day that makes me go, hmm follow that line of reasoning. So we shall see you next day if I live but I have a feeling the info is more confusing then anything.

My thought is if alive we can sort it out and if I die at least I won't confuse anyone.

You will next hear from me tomorrow game wise if I am alive.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:53 pm

Post by MeMe »

Does that mean you're only allowed one post? Or that you're uninterested in posting more today?

Don't answer if it's the former... :o
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:53 pm

Post by Commodore Amazing »

vote: Axelrod
; it seems like he's really reaching for reasons to defend his vote against me. If you think you made a mistake, just say it, I'll forgive you. Don't make up bogus reasons why you think I'm scum.

I don't think Someone's particularly scummy, but I can see how lynching him might get us some good information.

To Nanook, I like doing lots of voting and unvoting at the beginning, when we don't know anything about anyone. It helps me get everything in order in my head. Sorry if it confuses you.
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:35 pm

Post by Someone »

lol @ MeMe.

It's interesting that PB didn't specify the reason for his post restriction. It probably had something to do with his role, which is why he claimed, and he just forgot to mention that (slightly important) detail.

Can somebody outline the important reasons for voting commodore, because I sure don't see any.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:42 am

Post by Fuldu »

Commodore's bandwagon is largely a result of tss's long post describing three possible scenarios. Commodore comes off badly in two of them. Beyond that, it's pretty much just a bandwagon, and it isn't like there aren't other players who come off badly in two of the scenarios, as well. Commodore just happens to be the one of those players that tss picked and others are following without, as best as I can tell, considering the argument too carefully. But then, I'm voting Stoofer on Leonidas's say-so, so who am I to talk.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:51 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Fuldu wrote:Commodore just happens to be the one of those players that tss picked and others are following without, as best as I can tell, considering the argument too carefully.
Yup. And I'm happy with my vote on the worst offender.
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:39 am

Post by EnterYourNameHere »

DP has used the junkie role before (see DP11, and I'm sure he's done it before that too). So I believe PB's claim for now (though, does anyone know if Hey_Herb actually does a lot of drugs?).

TSS's logic is good, but I think we should wait to see how many of those scenarios are true (ie, the parts about SK being scum or not) before acting on it. For example, if SK turns out to be scum, a CA lynch is pretty poor.

FOS Vesuvan and Axelrod
. Both jumped on the CA bandwagon rather quickly, and did not initially supply much reason. I am not sure which is a better vote, so I won't vote for either quite yet.
prinny, dood
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:06 am

Post by Nox »

Someone wrote:I say nothing because all the evidence is too circumstantial for my tastes. All these bandwagon habits are good and great, but without really scummy behaviour, I always hesitate to follow them.
Yet you jumped on 3 out of 4 bandwagons, excluding your own. :?

Right now, the scummiest yet is probably rolandthewhite. I have to agree with SK on this. The posts are absolutly contentless. Unless he has a post restriction? I also advise that he shares his thoughts upon MeMe, etc.

As for Peacebringer, his claim seems believable enough for me, though I'd like to hear more about those "visions".
Nocturne is, most obviously, NOT sleeping.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:09 am

Post by Axelrod »

I've never heard of the "junkie" role before, but seeing how it works (via DP11) I would say that is almost a slam-dunk in favor of PB right now. Either he's making an extraordinary bluff (because he saw the role), or he's town, and I don't see that being a bluff. I assume his lack of info. is because he probably chose to watch someone who didn't do much of anything, but it was actually smart of him not to say who at this point.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:30 am

Post by Someone »

Nox wrote:
Someone wrote:I say nothing because all the evidence is too circumstantial for my tastes. All these bandwagon habits are good and great, but without really scummy behaviour, I always hesitate to follow them.
Yet you jumped on 3 out of 4 bandwagons, excluding your own. :?
I don't see what you're trying to say. Please rephrase?

I'm saying that I don't like going by so-and-so voted for so-and-so, so he must be scum. Sure, he could be scum....but he also could have been town in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If you're looking for scum in bandwagons, you look for faulty arguments in the wagons, and then vote for people who followed that.

What does my bandwagonning have to do with my stance about evidence?

I find vesuvan slightly more scummy than axelrod at the moment so my vote will go to him
vote:vesuvan
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:48 am

Post by MeMe »

I don't know whether to believe PeaceBringer...being caught lurking when he'd advocated lurkerwagons earlier might have been enough to inspire an excuse. He's also said that when he has information for us, it'll probably be more confusing than helpful.

Basically, what his post does is forces those who don't believe him into the position of saying,"I wanna lynch the guy who claims he can't fight back," which, if he's scum, is a very crafty play.

Whatever, though -- I can't see getting much support for that point of view.

unvote: PeaceBringer
vote: Someone

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”