Newbie 871 - Game Over Town Win

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:13 am

Post by boberz »

Yankee i dont think you will be dead in the night, if i remember correctly you said this before last night as well. You are safe but that doesnt always define the kill. Even if you did die, if that helps town you should be pleased for it to happen, this is a team game.

Not all of the town would have to agree, a scum could be voting for their partner, you are voting ksen for example

Evilgorillaz can you claim please? the quicker the better, the less we think your having to think.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:00 am

Post by Zorblag »

Good day.

I'll have a chance to give this game a read this afternoon and I'll have some input to give then after I've figured out what's going on here. It's earlier than normal to be talking about claims like you are and this would normally be the correct place to use a no lynch but I'll need to get the specifics before I'm sure of anything. I'm not sure when the deadline is (the one listed already seems to have passed) but until he's had a chance to get caught up I'm not comfortable with people telling Evilgorrilaz to claim quickly; his decision to claim or not should be informed. I don't know whether Annachie claimed previously but I do know that I plan to be caught up myself before I make any actions.

Unvote
in case my player spot had any votes cast before I arrived.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:29 am

Post by ksen »

Yankee wrote:Yeah, but right now if we do a no lynch then one of the key players may be taken out and then ALL of the town players must agree on who to lynch tomorrow. At least now we have a 1 player margin for error. Also I am against it because I feel I will be the one to die during the night, lol. Since I seem to be everyones least suspect...
Cop would get NK'ed before vanilla townie.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:41 am

Post by boberz »

Nobody here thinks your the cop ksen. Evil please claim, dont listen to him annachie was the most scummy spot to most of us.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:08 am

Post by ksen »

boberz wrote:Nobody here thinks your the cop ksen. Evil please claim, dont listen to him annachie was the most scummy spot to most of us.
Your attempt at exerting dictatorial like control of the game is a bit distressing.

Your rather large post here shows that you really have no idea what is going on with the game.

I AM the cop and I'll keep saying it as long you keep trying to say I'm not. Evilgorrilaz/Ether is not the cop. What is going to happen to your theory when that comes out?

You are seriously looking scummier and scummier to me especially after you pushed so hard to get specials to out prematurely.
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:08 am

Post by ksen »

Oh, and welcome to the game Zorblag. ;)
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Yankee »

ksen wrote:
boberz wrote:Nobody here thinks your the cop ksen. Evil please claim, dont listen to him annachie was the most scummy spot to most of us.
Your attempt at exerting dictatorial like control of the game is a bit distressing.

Your rather large post here shows that you really have no idea what is going on with the game.

I AM the cop and I'll keep saying it as long you keep trying to say I'm not. Evilgorrilaz/Ether is not the cop. What is going to happen to your theory when that comes out?

You are seriously looking
scummier and scummier
to me especially after you pushed so hard to get specials to out prematurely.
Anytime I have seen that phrase used it has always been scum that have said it. Either a person is scummy to you or they are not. They cannot get "scummier and scummier", because if they are scummy to you then they are scummy. This seems like an attempt to turn people against Boberz, like it has been in the 2 other games I have seen it in. Although I do agree that Boberz needs to take some form of chill pill and relax a bit with forcing people to claim.
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:18 am

Post by Yankee »

ksen wrote:
Cop would get NK'ed before vanilla townie.
Oops for the double post, but like Boberz said, I do not believe that you are the true cop just like I dont think Ether/Evil is the cop. I do not believe there is a cop, just a doctor and 2 goons. Any no lynch will end up with someone that isnt you dying and you making it out to be a very WIFOM situation.

Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

I'm still reading.
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:49 am

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

Which means to say after I am aware of what is going on currently, I might claim. Currently I don't know the circumstances yet.
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by Zorblag »

My first post today was a bit rushed so I didn't include any sort of introduction. I don't think that I've played with any of you before though I do seem to think that Patrick has some feel for my play based on games that he's read. You're welcome to call me Zorblag, Zorb, Z or Troll whichever you prefer. If you're interested in my play you can find links to all the games that I've played here on my wiki (a link to which can be found at the bottom of this post.)

At this point I've read what's happened today which is enough to know what we should be doing now.

Evilgorrilaz should apparently be making a full claim as everyone else already has. That wasn't the right move to make today but it's too late to worry about it now.

If Evilgorrilaz claims cop (and if he does he should give results with his claim) then we'll take a look at what we want to do. I'll go into details if it's needed.

If Evilgorrilaz claims doc or townie then we should no lynch. Further, there should be no other conversation before that happens. We have no need to give the scum any extra information when making their plans for tonight and based on what has already happened today seeing the choices the scum choose to make will be helpful.

I'll be looking back at the first days shortly but for now the best course of action won't depend on them. I'll be happy to talk about my reasons for this stance after doing so won't have any chance to help the scum team which it might at this point.

Also, anyone that's voting now should unvote. There's no reason to cast votes during a mass claim (no matter how protracted it is) unless you're claiming cop with a guilty or a cop has claimed guilty on you.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by boberz »

I think discussion tends to help town, i admit i have been very aggresive in forcing people out i still think it was the best thing, in fact the . I am not unvoting i think ksen is scum ergo i vote for him.

As I say annachie was a very scummy spot for me so i am not eager to follow your advice necessarily zorb.

---
as i say this is a game that has many parralels with f2f game si have played, i obviously cant link them.

If i am wrong i have learnt a lesson but i truly think i am right, i agree btw that a nolynch is favourable in those circumstances.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@boberz, discussion helps if the town needs to decide who to lynch. If there's going to be a no lynch then it's better not to talk as it helps the scum figure out what night kills will be most useful to them. If Evilgorrilaz doesn't claim cop then no lynch is the right move to make for today. It should have happened much sooner; probably with a round where everyone could claim they were a cop with two innocents or one guilty or not (and could at their own judgment claim a cop with a single innocent.) There should not have been any doc/ not doc claims.

As far as unvoting goes, don't just do it because I've said it's a good idea. Do it because if you don't it can directly lead to a loss here. If you ksen and Yankee are all town then the scum at this point just have to coordinate a little bit and they can quick hammer for what's most likely a win. The only one would could stop it would be the doctor and with the claiming that we've already had they wouldn't have any trouble figuring out who that is. There hasn't been time for people to react that much since Yankee cast his vote; if there had then I would have said earlier that it's clear that at least one of the three of you must be scum or the game would be over. As it is I recommended that people unvote because I'd rather not have a potentially game losing situation hang around when it doesn't need to. I stand by that.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
ksen
ksen
Goon
ksen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by ksen »

Unless we are 100% sure that the person we lynch is scum then no-lynch today is the best option.

We pick wrong today, we lose. We no-lynch today we get one more chance to get a scum tomorrow and lengthen the game and increase our chances to win.

unvote
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by Yankee »

Zorblag wrote:@boberz, discussion helps if the town needs to decide who to lynch. If there's going to be a no lynch then it's better not to talk as it helps the scum figure out what night kills will be most useful to them. If Evilgorrilaz doesn't claim cop then no lynch is the right move to make for today. It should have happened much sooner; probably with a round where everyone could claim they were a cop with two innocents or one guilty or not (and could at their own judgment claim a cop with a single innocent.) There should not have been any doc/ not doc claims.

As far as unvoting goes, don't just do it because I've said it's a good idea. Do it because if you don't it can directly lead to a loss here. If you ksen and Yankee are all town then the scum at this point just have to coordinate a little bit and they can quick hammer for what's most likely a win. The only one would could stop it would be the doctor and with the claiming that we've already had they wouldn't have any trouble figuring out who that is. There hasn't been time for people to react that much since Yankee cast his vote; if there had then I would have said earlier that it's clear that at least one of the three of you must be scum or the game would be over. As it is I recommended that people unvote because I'd rather not have a potentially game losing situation hang around when it doesn't need to. I stand by that.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
I dont like this post at all. Your entire post is based on the assumption that ksen is town and give no thought that he is scum. Ksen has been a L-1 (correct me if I am wrong, it takes 3 to lynch with 6 alive?) for about a page now and no scum has hammered. How is it that in that time frame it seems almost everyone has posted yet noone has hammered? The only explanation in my opinion is that we have found a scum, because if ksen were a townie he would have been lynched long ago when he was at L-2 like at the beginning of the day.... Please someone hammer, I am now 100% confident of ksen's scumminess.

Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:55 pm

Post by Yankee »

Oh, by the way Zorblag, if you cant tell, I am saying that you are Ksen's scum partner for defending him so vigorously with misleading statements intended on confusing the town.

starkmoon
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:05 am

Post by starkmoon »

Yankee
boberz
Zorblag (Annachie) 1
ksen 1 boberz, Yankee
Ether
Patrick 1

Not Voting

Zorblag (Annachie)
Ether
Patrick
ksen
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:43 am

Post by boberz »

it takes 4 to lynch i believe yankee.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:46 am

Post by Yankee »

I thought it was a simple majority..... lemme go back and read the rules of this game.

Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:48 am

Post by Yankee »

3) Lynching will require a
simple majority
of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, their pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. Feel free to post in twilight, though. With 9 alive 5 votes are required to lynch. With 3 alive, 2 votes would be required.
So that means it should only take 3 to lynch today with 6 alive.

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:14 am

Post by Zorblag »

@Yankee, a simple majority is the smallest number greater than half. With six players that takes four votes. I'll ask the mod to confirm but that's really the standard that's used barring some special voting mechanic in games here.

If you think that I'm making a vigorous defense of ksen or trying to confuse the town I'll be happy to talk about that when I think that conversation is helpful. For now our best move is still to wait for Evilgorrilaz to claim and if he doesn't claim cop to no lynch with no further discussion.

Mod, could you please confirm so that there's no question about it that with 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:11 am

Post by boberz »

starkmoon wrote:Day 3!

Yankee(herd456)
boberz
Annachie
ksen
Ether (SE)
Patrick (SE)

With 6 alive it is 4 to lynch...

Have at it! and good luck everyone.
(1/2) + 1, is how it works, if i put him at l2 i would have said.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Patrick »

Welcome blagZor. I have followed a few games you've played, with the first one being the most entertaining.

No-lynching is ok pending Evil claim. I'm not convinced it'll make a big difference, but it is a conventional play with even numbers. I think Zorblag suggesting no talking today is a null-tell though admittedly may help him a little if he's scum. I can dig it as I assume he'll contribute heavily tomorrow if still alive. At this point I'm not especially worried about the votes because from my perspective only a Zorblag/Evil scumteam could hammer, which I find unlikely. Even more unlikely now with Zorblag asking everyone to take votes off. I'm not too sure why boberz insists on leaving the vote on if he's in favour of no-lynching anyway.

Evilgorrilaz, what do you think we should be doing today?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:27 am

Post by Yankee »

Zorblag wrote:@Yankee, a simple majority is the smallest number greater than half. With six players that takes four votes. I'll ask the mod to confirm but that's really the standard that's used barring some special voting mechanic in games here.

If you think that I'm making a vigorous defense of ksen or trying to confuse the town I'll be happy to talk about that when I think that conversation is helpful.
For now our best move is still to wait for Evilgorrilaz to claim and if he doesn't claim cop to no lynch with no further discussion.

Mod, could you please confirm so that there's no question about it that with 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
How many times do I have to say this.... I do not believe Evil is the cop, there is no cop most likely. And if there is no cop the only people that can feel confident that there is no cop would be the mafia. I say this because if there is no cop and they got blocked by doctor last night then they are both Mafia Goons. Now work that in reverse from Mafia Perspective, they are both mafia goons who got blocked by a doctor last night. They go check the possible set-ups of the game and see that there can not be a cop. Therefore it is safe to claim cop. Why is everyone ignoring this?

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:34 am

Post by Patrick »

Actually I think most of us have acknowledged it already. Is there some harm in seeing whether or not Evilgorrilaz claims cop?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”