Newbie 870 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SeerPenguin
SeerPenguin
Townie
SeerPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by SeerPenguin »

Hello everyone, glad to replace.

Reading, don't expect anything from me until tomorrow (Probably about 19 hours)
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2084918#2084918]I don't need a signature...[/url]
SeerPenguin
SeerPenguin
Townie
SeerPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by SeerPenguin »

Well, this got thrown on the backburner...

I am on page 13 (Just finished 12, but I have to go...) of this game due to mega-posting in another game eating up my entire afternoon.

Simply put, a total of 4 pages of 12pt Times New Roman font (Not including a mod message at the end. [All other numbers include the mod message.]) with 13350 total characters (10964 not including spaces) and approx. 2332 words. (I would give a link, but the game is, obviously, still on-going. [Maybe everyone will just die when they see my post though...])

What to expect from me when I am done with the read:

I will not PBPA, and shouldn't even marathon post, but I will analyze the thread, and my alter-ego (replacee). I will give you a list from most probable scum to least probable scum, and will probably go into depth on my #1 suspect (Only 1 scum left). I will give my thoughts on whether we have a doc/mafia rb or not and will hopefully be able to then fully contribute to the rest of this game like I would any game I had started from scratch (Don't expect me to go back and analyze EVERYTHING.).
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2084918#2084918]I don't need a signature...[/url]
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:42 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Well, I'm at a loss for words. That seemed to me more of another apathy lynch than anything else, and I can't say I actually expected him to flip scum.

That said, while Neto has been a suspect of mine for a while (who am I kidding; I've been tunneling on him the entire game), his vote on Nikola looks genuine, i.e. I don't think it's bussing.
Based on that, I'm starting to think that Neto is town. Add that to the fact that I have town reads on ace and Navy, and you get:
Vote: SeerPenguin.

There's only one scum left, and I really can't think of a better lynch than one of a guy who lurked all through the day that scum was lynched.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:00 am

Post by NavyCherub »

I think we should wait for him to say something before we all leap on a quick wagon. Your eagerness to lynch someone before his replacement has gotten a word in is suspicious to me indeed.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:22 am

Post by Nikanor »

Navy wrote:I think we should wait for him to say something before we all leap on a quick wagon. Your eagerness to lynch someone before his replacement has gotten a word in is suspicious to me indeed.
a) He has had lots of words in.
b) His role pm is the same as TKaBN's. I don't see any reason to give him a 'replacement halo.'
c) Where is everyone?
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:20 am

Post by almightybob »

I will be sending prods etc when I get back from uni in a few hours.

Prodding Neto and ace.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:20 am

Post by ace5993 »

Hello.
Vote: SeerPenguin
. Read Nikola in iso. Specifically post 7. That gives off a vibe of reluctancy imo. He seemed quite eager to lynch bv in comparison. Plus TKaBN is my top suspect anyway, so that just adds on to the case.

@Navy - That may be true, however what will be even more suspicious is if someone hammers SeerPenguin early.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

So it's suspicious if someone hammers him early, but you are willing to put everyone else in the game in the potential position to hammer him?

I still don't really want to hammer him without hearing him say
something.
Not a very comfortable position.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by Nikanor »

ace, if someone were to hammer the Pengu now, what would you think about that person?
Also, I thought we had already gone over why this WIFOM is bad.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:04 am

Post by almightybob »

Votecount 3.1

SeerPenguin - 2 (Nikanor, ace5993)

Not voting - 3 (NavyCherub, Netopalis, SeerPenguin)

With 5 alive, it's
votes to lynch!
Deadline is
31st January
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by ace5993 »

Well obviously if he is scum as I think he is, there'd be nothing to think. HOWEVER, if he ends up flipping town it would make me very suspicious of that person obviously. Of course, now that I've said that, no one will hammer, thus ruining the purpose of putting him at L-1 early >.>
SeerPenguin
SeerPenguin
Townie
SeerPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by SeerPenguin »

Scum to Town:

NavyCherub
Nikanor
Netopalis
ace5993

--------------------------------------

This is by far the hardest 22 page game I have ever read to get a read on anybody, but if I had to say one thing for sure, it is that ace is town.

I don't feel like there is a whole bunch against Neto, either, but I'm not sure about his play style.

Anyways, I'd be fine with a Nikanor or a NavyCherub lynch.

----------------------------------------------

Reads:

Nikanor:

This is not a nikanor game, and I don't doubt that he was busy, but I don't feel like he made an effort to scumhunt like he normally does. Even what I consider to be his most content-rich posts (At the end of D2) are just not feeling like nikanor to me, but this is mostly gut read.

NavyCherub:

It's kind of hard to read a quad-replacement, but I know for a fact that dana flaked from the site, and kk never actually started this game. I truly think that billy was playing the newb card way too much early on, and that his actions are more indicative of scum than town (When looking at newb play styles). However, NavyCherub hasn't really done anything to look scum, or town, so he stays my top suspect.

Nikanor's post 448 may contain a slip, anyone want to spot it?

TKABN:

I don't think that TKABN every really made an effort to scumhunt, he may have been thinking he was scumhunting, but he looks to have never used much logic. He also throws the newbie card out WAY TOO MUCH, but I hope all of you can write that off as newb play. Nikanor, hopefully you recognize that the fact that TKABN was "lurking" was because he completely flaked, and is therefore not a valid reason (Also, I find the PoE argument as weak.).

And as I am at L-1, I will confirm that TKABN/I was/am a Vanilla Townie.

Vote: NavyCherub
For reasoning above.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Well if your case on me is based on the people I replaced, I have to say that I can't entirely blame you, but I feel like I've spent my efforts scumhunting.

I am willing to go with a Nikanor lynch, as you are correct, he hasn't shown any sort of pursuit of scum the whole game, except for his strange tunneling of Neto.
Vote Nikanor
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Seer, how do you know me? Just curious.
Sorry about the contentless post, but I just got off a ten hour shift at work and do not have the energy to pull post numbers to defend myself. I'll be posting something useful tomorrow (hopefully).
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Sorry, I got ridiculously busy with some unexpected meetings and work that came up due to the restart of the semester. I'm back now...

At any rate, as I see it, Nikanor has lacked the energy to post repeated times. At this point, it feels more opportunistic than it does apathetic.

That being said, SeerPenguin's post regarding Navy is absolute crap. Navy is one of the clearest pro-town reads in this game, and I find his posts thus far to be largely without a great deal of logical engagement, which is usually the product of scum who are too lazy to build a case and who don't know how to build one when they know who is really scum.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
SeerPenguin
SeerPenguin
Townie
SeerPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 am

Post by SeerPenguin »

Nikanor wrote:Seer, how do you know me? Just curious.
Sorry about the contentless post, but I just got off a ten hour shift at work and do not have the energy to pull post numbers to defend myself. I'll be posting something useful tomorrow (hopefully).
I'm an alt of iaretheman, and I replaced into a game with you at one point (Although, I think I also later replaced out), plus I just read random games, especially flavor games like Mind Screw.

Neto, you are right on two things there.

1. Navy himself, looks pretty pro-town to me, but if you had read my post, I'm basing the scum-read off of previous players. Replacements slates should not be wiped clean, and it is easy for a replacement to really turn around opinions, and I don't think it is right to ignore the people that they replaced. Part of the reason is, newb-scum especially can get frustrated, and try to get someone lynched so badly that they tunnel on them, but when someone, especially someone more experienced, replaces them, they can come into the game with townie looking posts easier than someone could dig themselves out of a hole. What I'm getting at is, I don't think I want to give NavyCherub a free pass.

2. My posts have been lacking logic, mostly because 2 of my 3 previous posts were "checking in" posts, and because I don't feel like doing a PBPA of 21 pages would get me any farther than just reading it and throwing out my general suspicions.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:16 am

Post by Netopalis »

Your read on Navy is based on
previous players
? That's ridiculous. Dana had 3 posts, Karthikking none and BillyBailey 7. None of those posts were particularly substantial. Our only case against that slot previously was the inactivity, and not any substantive attack. If you have some better reasoning against Navy, go for it...but I really don't think it holds up.

Also, you say that Navy has done nothing to make herself look pro-town or scummy, yet you vote for her and now say that you find her to be town, but her previous players to be scummy. Reconcile that inconsistency.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Seer, for the record this is my second or third game so I probably wouldn't be considered "more experienced."
SeerPenguin
SeerPenguin
Townie
SeerPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by SeerPenguin »

Neto: Navy himself looks to be SLIGHTLY (Not much, but just a bit) town-ish, however Navykillsbailey (Combination name, what I mean by it is the "player" through the entire game) looks super scummy. That's not inconsistent, that's the troof.

Navy, I'm not sure of bailey's experience (Although I doubt it even actually exists), but I know that dana's experience consists of 2 or 3 games with hardly any activity that ended fairly abruptly with him flaking, so someone that has actually had any posts with game related content are more experienced than him.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by Netopalis »

So, explain to me exactly what it is that you find scummy about Billy and Dana. In your own words. Other than lurking.

SeerPenguin
SeerPenguin
Townie
SeerPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by SeerPenguin »

Billy's 154 looks like he's trying to not try and start any fights. Methinks noob-scum trying to be non-confrontational, and a very big tell for me.

Also, dana votes ace simply for hammering (Even though you were in deadline situation, basically.) and refers to billy as "perceptive", which he was far from.

Also, since when has extreme lurking been ruled as not a scumtell? It only can be dismissed from essentially last game content post to replacement, but other times it sure is a scumtell in my eyes.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:55 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Sorry guys. I have the entire week off, but weekends are hell for me, since that's all I seem to be working lately.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Alright, I'm kind of tired of the small bickering and the lack of activity. I think Seer is trying to look good after being put at L-1 and replacing someone who lurked for an entire day.
Unvote, Vote SeerPenguin
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by Netopalis »

SP, this is ridiculous. Lurking is anti-town, but it is only a scumtell because scum often use it to hide information. However, this is nullified by Navy's posts since then. Dana was odd, yes, but a deadline vote is beneficial to town - far more beneficial than a no-lynch. As for calling his predecessor observant or insightful....Meh, I fail to see exactly what's scummy about that.

You, however, have applied some really terrible logic. Let's hear a read from you on a different player. This time, please try to make it a bit more applicable.

SeerPenguin
SeerPenguin
Townie
SeerPenguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:42 am

Post by SeerPenguin »

Hey, so scum-hammer?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”