The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:35 am

Post by The Quintastic One »

/El Confirmo El Activo En El Forum-O. My espanol-o es impeccabl-o. Comprendo?

lol.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:51 am

@_@.....I like Foxes.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:55 pm

Sooo how is everbody? lol.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Updated Avatar. Sailor V mother fuckers.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:23 pm

Forgive me, I'm quickly getting used to the fact that I am the village idiot of Mafia games and I need things overexplained to me sometimes. But I do not understand how the Doctor can be used to confirm what Mafia targeted whom? Your explanation above gives me a headache.

Doc protects Person A, Person A is targeted by Fire Mafia, but Person B is targeted by Ice Mafia. Person A lives, but Person B dies. How does that confirm anything for the Doc?
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:51 am

TheLonging wrote:Because Person A could be Ice Mafia, so the kill by Fire Mafia wouldn't work anyways, so it wouldn't confirm Person A. Am I misunderstanding what you're asking Quintastic?
I think I just misunderstand the example put forth in the first place. lol. Sorry for adding confusion.

Either way the Doctor as far as I know isn't told what he successfully protected against and like someone else said if there's a crosskill to Person A then the Doc won't know if that guy was Mafia or Town in the first place. So I still don't see how the Doc acts as a tool for catching Mafia.

But I'm still fairly new with only about 2 games on here under my belt, one ongoing (including this one) and one game completed on another website so I could be missing some super experienced logic that only elite players can understand from countless hours of Mafia gaming.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:52 pm

I agree with Pomegranate. The set up is hard for any specific team to win. There's two different mafia, they don't know who they are, so the best we can hope for during night phase is that the Mafia target each other and the Doctor makes sure to protect someone who's vanilla town. That way no protections are wasted, and Mafia can start to become frustrated if they go too many night phases without a successful kill. It's not like all 4 mafia can gang up on a bandwagon lynch, they don't know each other and can't possibly strategize that kind of gang warfare plan.

So on that note, I disagree with KMD4390 on post 77. I believe the Doc is very useful, and shouldn't be simply dismissed as useless. Protecting the right person at the right time means we won't have to solely hope that Mafia only target each other during the night phase.

I've read the set up that says that Town needs to successfully lynch 4 times in a row to win, which would be an ideal victory for us anyway. But that's not entirely accurate. Because that hypothesis basically assumes that both Mafias are going to have successful kills every single night phase.

If anything, Mafia have a MUCH more frustrating time than the town. So I would look out for that, see who gets frustrated the quickest, and then pressure them and see who cracks.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:04 pm

Vote: xofelf

To put a little pressure on so that we can kick things up a notch!/Emeril.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:17 am

To Answer Poms Question By Providing Her With A Question Of My Own:

Do you feel that DTMaster and Animorpherv1's claim of Penguin and then one subsequently voting for the other is a useful tell in terms of possibly early teasing and then distancing of Ice Mafia? (Bonus: I know that's a bit of a stretch, so if you don't believe so, what are your thoughts on the possibility of the already speculated Mavsfan & Animorpher's scum link?)

Either way it looks like I agree Animorpher might be the scummiest so far. But I want to see what Ani's defense is going to be before I decide whether to switch from my pressure vote right now.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:26 pm

So you put mild pressure on a person, they put up at least a halfway logical answer, and then you unvote and vote on the next best target? I'm not saying I ever believed Slaxx of being scummy, but what are you gonna do when Mav eventually finds his way back to this thread and posts a mildly logical argument against your vote?

It seems like your just going after mildly inactive easy targets rather than really believing these guys to be scum. Which would explain why your not exactly being aggressive in your pursuits, but I still don't like how you're just bouncing around without really solidifying your scumtells. But I'm still waiting on hearing from Ani and Mav about the accusations brought to them before I consider you strongly. sooo

PoS (pinky of suspicion): Farside22.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:27 pm

EBWOP: That was obviously directed towards Farside, I didn't see DTMasters post beforehand.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:57 pm

So if I understand this correctly, we're basing our current choice of lynches on an unwritten "lynch all lurkers" rule. Since obviously nobody seems to be finding anything scummy said by anyone currently active, we're hoping that inactive players = scum so that the day can progress as normal.

Well then my original pressure vote on Elf will work just fine I suppose. Since I've seen nothing worthy of an argument that supports Mav or Ani over Elf, they're all lurkers. And sorry if this sounds harsh, but if your so busy with school work that you can't play the game, why did you sign up for the game in the first place? I say either lynch the lurkers or the lurkers need to respectfully replace out for someone who's going to have a more vested interest in scum hunting.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:44 pm

*shrug* whether you call it a lurker lynch or a lynching due to lack of content lynch, it's all about the same principal. Doesn't really make a difference to me. If I were to switch my vote from Elf to Mav it would be soley for the fact that I would jump on the wagon in order to get day 1 over with quicker. But as far as I stand, I see no difference in the behavior of Elf, Mav or Ani. All of them can get the hammer as far as I'm concerned.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:45 am

*sigh* Apparently my pressure vote on Elf has done nothing to apply pressure or even generate an activity post out of the person. And I don't see where Mav is being more scummy than the others, but as I said, there's no reason I prefer my vote on anyone else as I don't find anyone more scummy than the other. So I'll just switch my vote to the majority and try to help move this game along. Since all the lurkers are causing discussion to reach a grinding halt.

Unvote. Vote: Mavs
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:22 pm

I'd like to respectfully request I be replaced from this game. It's been fun, but I made it a point to not play Mafia with anyone from Game 884 of the Newbie Queue due to a bad first experience at Mafia with them. So no offense to Gayle, but you and I just arn't going to mesh well in this game.

Replacement please, and have a great game guys!
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:11 am

Xofelf easily is the laziest scum player in the history of Mafia. I could probably count the number of posts she made over 27 pages on one hand. If I would of stayed in this game I would be very upset with the laziness.

As for Gayle, her play this game reminded me exactly of the type of attitude that made Newbie 884 the worst Mafia Game on this site. Refusal to answer perfectly acceptable questions, demanding we lynch the Doctor POST CLAIM and constantly asking for clarification on suspicions of her even though the reasons are spelled out word for word as if having to talk to a baby. I commend whoever nightkilled this player and made it so that I could read this thread without having to cross over anymore useless Gayle dribble.

CSL as a mod definitely seems far too eccentric, impatient and erratic. Too many modkills for trivial reasons, speeding up of deadlines to unrealistic levels, and constant badgering with every other hour reminders and prods of the deadline. I would of become very irritated with this game.

And on the note of all that negativity, Farside22 gets my pick for MVP of this game. Before or after Ice Mafia. Rightfully questioning Gayles horrible town play, and Pre-Ice Mafia being the only person who did legitimate scumhunting this game. Congrats on a good Ice Mafia win Farside.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (isolation #16) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:36 am

I'm in for a second chance. Regardless if Gayle rejoins or not. I'll just delightfully tunnel on her if she refuses to answer legitimate questions again. lol.

Return to “Completed Open Games”