Mini 914 ~ Mafia Reverberation (Game Over!)

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

1) re: tunnelling accusation = chainsawing - I don't necessarily think that's happening here, I was just explaining my thoughts earlier on why I tend to not mind so much when people accuse me of tunneling, why I don't think it's that much of a problem. I don't particularly think you're scum with Sotty.

2) You have at least conceeded two town games where I was tunnelling. There has been one scum game mentioned where I tunnelled, but
on someone I genuinely thought was scum
. What makes you think that my actions are more likely to come from scum?
I'm old now.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Wow, things have happened. Twists and turns galore.
Sotty7 wrote:But I have decided to just announce that I to have a double vote.
So we have a doublevoter and a one-shot doublevoter?

Eh.
SpyreX wrote:Since I can't vote for Zor right now,
?
SerialClergyman wrote:Incant Jahudo
Really? Why? Jahudo is one of my strongest townie reads.
Herodotus wrote: I've learned that moychandise exists in the game. As I said earlier, the moychandise stuff is not a cult. It does not change the recipient's win condition.
You learned this just now?
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:43 pm

Jahudo's posts read excellently but his voting pattern doesn't match. It's too slow, too focused on current wagons and just doesn't do it for me. As I think I said earlier, it reminds me of when Ojanen is scum.
I'm old now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by SpyreX »

MO wrote:So we have a doublevoter and a one-shot doublevoter?
From my inklin' I doubt that is the case.

I'm not voting for Zor because I'm not pushing a wagon ahead when its team apathy hooo.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:12 pm

Spy - what do you think of Sotty's claim?
I'm old now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:07 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Overall?

It meshes. It explains some of that weirdness with the "if more doublevoters come out, then SpyreX isn't clearrred" business.

And some other things that POWERFUL WIZARDS know make me think that its a-ok.

Definitely enough to slide for now.
Show

Proud member of BaM
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:32 am

Post by VP Baltar »

SC wrote:2) You have at least conceeded two town games where I was tunnelling. There has been one scum game mentioned where I tunnelled, but on someone I genuinely thought was scum. What makes you think that my actions are more likely to come from scum?
I would conceed that you tunneled in Hambargarz, I think the other games aren't all that equitable to the style of tunneling in this game. The fact that Hambargarz is so old though, is worthy of note in my mind.

And I think scum in general are more likely to tunnel. It helps them for a number of reasons, including looking aggressive and limiting the need to take stances on other players that may eventually need to be rescinded as the situation calls for. Also, I think scum are less likely to be conscious of the fact that they are tunneling because they are focused on simply getting a mislynch.

I also think you're reasoning for abandoning finding town reads doesn't quite hold water for me. Clearly you thought tunneling was bad from your early games, as you have proclaimed, so returning to it as an optimal playstyle choice doesn't sit well with me.
MO wrote:You learned this just now?
So you're sayingg that you knew for sure that it was in the game? When did you learn this and why didn't you tell the town?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:22 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Porkens Post 313 wrote:Psh, the more I post the more you want to see my lynched. I'm just saying what everyone is thinking.
Err no. Try again.
Herodotus Post 321 wrote:
Sotty wrote:I also haven't used it yet because my double vote is a one off thing. Once I place it, I can't move it and it is gone once a purge is reached. It's like a one shot.
I don't think you should have said that.
I thought about keeping that to myself but then how do I answer, “why haven't you used it yet then?”
SerialClergyman Post 322 wrote:The Webcomic example I had role based information to believe Percy was scum. We had an NK-immune member and he had mysteriously survived a NK attempt, so we assumed the scum teams were symmetrical. I obviously don't have any role-based info here.
I didn't know this. Goarrad
still
hadn't posted night choices the last time I checked the game. If this is true it could explain a lot.

I wasn't expecting my claim of a double vote to get people to unvote me. That was interesting.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:23 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Can we get a prod on Nik too? He hasn't made one post in here yet, maybe he forgot about the game.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:03 am

Post by Jahudo »

I don't want to purge zoraster for lurking/being inactive. But I do want to purge zoraster.

I've got bad vibes on SC, but not for his take on me. He's now made tells that make sense as 2 different third-party factions. I'm waiting to see if the second one develops.

I think Sotty is playing townish lately. And I have a gut feeling I should be paying more attention to both Nacho/Nikanor and Rhinox. And that they should post more.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:06 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

VP Baltar wrote:So you're sayingg that you knew for sure that it was in the game? When did you learn this and why didn't you tell the town?
wat? No. I'm asking if he learned it during the day or not.

Also, please do something other than talk meta with SC. I'm not getting anything useful from that.

SpyreX is full of vinegar and secrets.

@Jazz: Post or purge.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

MO wrote:Also, please do something other than talk meta with SC. I'm not getting anything useful from that.
Did you actually look at it or you simply don't like meta? I think it is quite useful in this case, as tunneling like he has done on Sotty is atypical for him. Additionally, I don't think his own explanations for it (change of playstyle) quite add up.
MO wrote:SpyreX is full of vinegar and secrets.
I use that dressing on spinach salads all the time.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:59 am

Post by Herodotus »

@Mod - could we get prods for Jazzmyn and Nikanor?

SpyreX is full of vinegar and secrets.
Maybe secrets, but... vinegar?
Jazzmyn wrote:I don't think I've ever played with SC before. Do you happen to have a link available? (It would be easier than trawling through Google searching since the profile search function here is presently disabled).
Sorry, didn't notice your request sooner. SC has already linked to it, but I was referring to http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12257 .
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:23 am

Post by SpyreX »

..Nikanor is in this game?

The things you learn.

Incantum Lazium: Nikanor
Show

Proud member of BaM
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:24 am

Post by Nikanor »

Yep, I'm in this game! Wheeeee.
(I'm actually just starting my read now, blame it on Spy making me lazy with his reverse causality Incant).
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:27 am

Post by Nikanor »

Jazz wrote:Sure, it's a good colour...if you like being stabbed in the eyes.

Ouch.
Die scum die.
Incant: Jazzmyn
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Nikanor »

I'm totally serious about that incant, too. Think how I accused Sotty7, Kreriov, and Col.Cathart in Picking Simplicity, for those of you who have read it. That's the same thing as this here.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Nikanor »

Rhinox wrote:Anyone find it odd porkens is playing the newbcard when he's not a newb?
Rhinox makes sense as scum, too.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Nikanor »

VP Baltar wrote:But it's still there regardless. I don't think it's going to make amazingly more likely to be lynched, but facts are facts, right? I dunno, I just think it was a bit of an impetuous decision (though that doesn't necessarily say anything about alignment I guess).
Reaching! If it has nothing to do with alignment, why bother mentioning it?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Nikanor »

Rhinox wrote:incant: porkens its the best I've got right now. Whether or not he really is a newb, theres really no reason to pull out the newb card pre-emptively before he'd even done anything to warrant needing the newb card. Its like he's pre-emptively defending himself.
This is still scummy.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:23 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

VP Baltar wrote:Did you actually look at it or you simply don't like meta? I think it is quite useful in this case, as tunneling like he has done on Sotty is atypical for him. Additionally, I don't think his own explanations for it (change of playstyle) quite add up.
I'm not a huge fan of meta, no, because I do believe people's playstyles change over time. Sometimes I'll use it if I know a player well enough, but only for myself and not to base a case on.

I'll be honest, while I read the first couple hundred posts my eyes started glazing over later. Also tunneling on him about tunneling is irony++.
VP Baltar wrote:
MO wrote:SpyreX is full of vinegar and secrets.
I use that dressing on spinach salads all the time.
Omnomnom.
Herodotus wrote:Maybe secrets, but... vinegar?
His posts have a definite vinegary tang to them.
Nikanor wrote:I'm totally serious about that incant, too. Think how I accused Sotty7, Kreriov, and Col.Cathart in Picking Simplicity, for those of you who have read it. That's the same thing as this here.
What about for those of us who haven't?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:30 am

Post by Nikanor »

Zito wrote:What about for those of us who haven't?
Ask SpyreX, Sotty7 or SC about it. I'm not allowed to talk about my own meta.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Herodotus »

Nikanor, since you mentioned it, I'm looking over your posts from Picking Simplicity in ISO. Can you tell me just briefly what this referred to:
Col. Cathart (scum) wrote:Nikanor - again, can someone tell me if this is his usual behavior, regardless of alignment? Gut town read.
You, in response, wrote:No, I'm usually not like this. This is really the first game in which I've tried this particular playstyle.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:34 am

Post by Nikanor »

Juls wrote:Oh...and Rhinox is scum...just gut at this point but I feel I have played with him enough, as both town and scum, that I get a vibe from him.
You are a smart one.
Jahudo wrote:That was quick. Did you pick it up by his first post or his second?
Oh snap! The truth is that incanting Porkens for something that was obviously a joke is scummy, especially when the joke was made around page two and you're now on page six.
Jazz wrote:Thanks. That makes sense, and it conforms to my investi-googling results from which I found that Spaceballs™ is a parody/satire movie that is pretty funny (based on the several short clips I watched), and that the merchandising/moychandizing references in the game thread's OP come from that movie. Clearly, I need more lowbrow humour in my life.

But I still don't get how that movie relates to the rest of the OP or this game overall, so I'm guessing that it's a one-off and that I'm not intended to understand it.

My investi-Googling, however, has not been very successful in figuring out some of the other terms and abilities referenced in the GM's opening post, so I'm still somewhat baffled. And I can't make any sense out of the multiple zombie and wizard references by players either.

So, for now, I think that I just have to accept that I don't get it and treat this game more or less as a normal game and hope that I can figure out the parts I don't understand as the game evolves.

Also, I can't make much sense out of the Sotty7 wagon being as large as it is. She seems to be one of the more active players so far, and I don't see anything with her posts/scumhunting. There isn't much to go on yet, but at least she's actively hunting, which is something I personally find difficult in the early stages of a game, so I'm not going to criticize her for it.

Am I reading the Reporter stuff properly in concluding that a Reporter win =/= a Darkness loss? In other words, a third party whose win does not mean our loss, but a parallel win? If so, then I don't see any harm in Spyrex revealing his doublevote ability as he did when he did.

I'm going to re-read the game this afternoon or tonight, so more later.
So many lines for so little scumhunting.
Rhinox wrote:Also, if I'm scum, why are you voting spy?
Again, scum. (Because Spy already addressed this).
Rhinox wrote:fair warning for... what exactly if your not a real noob?
Ellipses are scummy, don't you know that?
Jazz wrote:But with the lynch mechanism as it is - i.e. that all players who reach the necessary purge level will die - if there was a tie and both town and scum were going to be purged, doublevoting for a third player wouldn't save the first two from getting purged, it would only potentially cause the third player to be also be purged, wouldn't it?
Active lurking. Stuff like this doesn't really have a place on page six.
Rhinox wrote:As if on cue. Now it really does look like you're intentionally lurking. You don't post for a week, but miraculously show up as soon as you're suspected for lurking? suspicious...
Scumscumscumscumscumscumscumscumscusmcusmcuscms

I don't need to read the rest of the topic at this point. I'll just be tunneling on Jazz and Rhinox anyway.
Incant: Rhinox.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Nikanor »

Herodotus wrote:Nikanor, since you mentioned it, I'm looking over your posts from Picking Simplicity in ISO. Can you tell me just briefly what this referred to:
The not serious, kind of joking playstyle that I use in that game. I have taken a liking to it, as you might be able to see.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”