MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:20 am

Post by MeMe »

And another thing: this sentence really gets on my nerves...
Commodore Amazing wrote:I think rolandofthewhite would have wanted us all to lynch MeMe.
Declaring that a dead cop would've wanted it this way is both cheap and demonstrably untrue. If roland wanted me lynched, he'd have kept voting me.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:48 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

unvote: MeMe
, assuming that she can expose Fuldu's role.
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:02 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Interesting. I don't believe I have witnessed Leonidas being so "talkative" before. Keep it up leo. I think the don't talk if your town theory to be a load of bunk and rather boring.

Someone- The only way to "confirm" a post restriction is either by my violating it or by death. So you don't "know" that I am not mafia. I am not but there is no "In game proof" of that fact.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:06 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Oh and
UNVOTE
gone off the TSS vote for now.

I also didn't like the meme wagon that pushed a claim. Hmm.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:43 am

Hrm. Even if Fuldu can confirm that MeMe knows his role name, MeMe could still be scum. We agreed that if mith were scum, it would be a powerful one. So far, every role that has been revealed, except for maybe PeaceBringer's, would be useful to the scum. Talitha/Doctor, Cadmium/vigilante, X/Role-blocker, and Mackay/role-name finder are all good for scum to have.

There were also ideas at the beginning of yesterday that if Axelrod was scum, we'd be more inclined to think that MeMe was. These were Vesuvan's ideas...

vote: MeMe
(sorry, DP)

I continue to be surprised that people accuse me of being scum. Vig scum does not make sense. The only way I could be more clear is if a sane cop asked about me and died. Or if I were in a mason group with you. I am not going out of the way to make you think I'm not scum. If I were really scum, and MeMe/mith was not scum with me, I would not have announced to the town that I thought she was mith. I would have just nightkilled her.

Half our remaining players have claimed (MeMe, me, Nox, Someone, PB, and Fuldu). Nox is the shadiest claimed character to me after MeMe, largely for her and Axelrod deflecting bandwagons off each other. Anyone know anything about a connection between PolarBoy and Antrax?
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:52 am

Post by Fuldu »

unvote:MeMe
to get that out there while I type up a long post. No, MeMe, don't expose my role yet.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:58 am

Post by Fuldu »

And this is the sort of thing that could happen that's why I didn't want to claim my third night's result. My roleblocking power is such that it's not inconceivable that if MeMe received an actual message saying she was blocked, that it would include who (role-wise, not player-wise) blocked her. It's easy enough to check.

tss, I blocked you Night Three. Did you get a message telling you that? Did you get my role-name in that message?

Okay, not as long a post as I had thought it was going to be.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:03 am

Post by MeMe »

I did not get a message saying I was blocked. I got a message saying that my investigation failed -- hence the "if I'm right" clause in my :x post.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:24 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Even if Fuldu can confirm that MeMe knows his role name, MeMe could still be scum. We agreed that if mith were scum, it would be a powerful one.
I don't remember agreeing to that. I remember not disgreeing that mith was a likely power
town
role, though. But Axelrod had no special powers that we know of, and I don't think any of the scum do (with the obvious exception of the GF, assuming there is one). Consider also that there's only one scum group plus a SK, so four members is probable; a four-member group with powers is probably too unbalanced to be.
Fuldu wrote:tss, I blocked you Night Three. Did you get a message telling you that? Did you get my role-name in that message?
I believe you. But I have no idea what your role name is.
I'm also relieved that you committed to a night 3 targeting, as all your other choices could have been faked by anybody; now that you have committed without knowing whether I might say, "aha, I got a result, liar!" (I didn't), you go firmly into my book as Fuldu=town.

But I recommend you ease up on Leo as well as MeMe; he did, after all, vote for (almost certainly) two scum (besides the serial killer who proves nothing).

Speaking of Leo's Scumvote No. 2, has anyone else noticed that Mikehart has posted
once this entire day
? And that once was to say he hadn't read the thread. Lurking this late? Or SCUM?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:50 am

Post by Fuldu »

Fine, I believe MeMe can indicate who I am and I see no reason for her to do so (on the off chance of a counter-claim), unless someone else thinks it's a really good idea. I also don't think it's likely that scum will have name-finder powers, or that tss and MeMe are scum together, lying to hide the fact that they actually did receive my name in their role-block message.

I'm still uncomfortable with Leonidas' behavior, but one of my arguments against him breaks down if MeMe isn't also scum. So, I'll follow his lead and
vote: mikehart
. If mike turns up scum, I'll gladly tender an apology to Leo; otherwise I'm going to continue to keep an eye on him.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:19 pm

Post by Nox »

Alright. I'm really uneasy with the fact that The Shadow keeps lurking , yet shows up nearly
as soon
as he is attacked. Really seems to me as trying to lurk under the radar, and his lack of discussionis not only scummy, but very bad for the town.

I think I'd be in favor of pressing for a claim on his part.

Next, I believe that Meme and Fuldu are both as they claimed, and town.

I'm uncomfortable with Commodore Amazing, but noone has counter claimed his Stoofer kill, so I'll let it rest for now. However, I don't think scum would go out of their way to claim a kill anyways(Highly innefficient if you ask me), so I'm not ruling him out of the potential scum list as of now.

I really don't know what to think of Leo. I'd be comfortable going for a The Shadow lynch, a Peacebringer lynch(No useful information, could have easily made it up), or a mikehart lynch(Hasnt made an appearance as of today).

For now, I'll place my vote on The Shadow.

Vote:The Shadow
Nocturne is, most obviously, NOT sleeping.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:08 am

Okay, MeMe's probably not scum. Sorry, MeMe. I guess it's back to bandwagoning with Leonidas and Fuldu.
unvote: MeMe, vote: mikehart

Mod
, can we get a vote count please?
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:26 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

why not?

Vote count, seven to lynch:

The Shadow 4 (LML, TSS, MeMe, Nox)
Mikehart 3 (Leonidas, Fuldu, CA)
Leonidas 1 (Nanook)
MeMe 1 (The shadow)

Not voting: 3

I noticed that Mikehart posted access problems in the General Discussion thread. I’m trying to find a replacement.
The Shadow
The Shadow
knows
The Shadow
knows
knows

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:41 am

Post by The Shadow »

Unvote:MeMe
. Since I voted her for no real reason, I guess I'll unvote for the same reason.

I did a partial reread yesterday. I'll try to get it finished this afternoon.
Corpses designed with you in mind
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:21 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

Leo, Fuldu and CA please explain to me why you think mike is guilty. I didn't see anything in those images that suggested scummy. Again I have no clue really what they are suppose to mean but I find this odd.
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:54 am

Post by Someone »

I think it's mostly because of his lurking, and not your images, that he is being bandwagoned.

@ MeMe, Can you explain to us exactly how your role works? Now that you have used it, it shouldn't be a problem.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
The Shadow
The Shadow
knows
The Shadow
knows
knows

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:28 pm

Post by The Shadow »

MeMe wrote:I earlier said that I was leaning toward you, Shadow. Since then, you've explained your actions as being about self-preservation rather than actually trying to lynch anyone you thought was scummy, which only added to my feelings that you're a good choice.
When I end up not having a lot of internet time available and find myself presumably about to be lynched I need a defense. When I'm behind on my reading and don't really have a defense I come up with a temporary one to buy time. I don't think it's in the town's best interests to lynch me as I said before and I didn't honestly expect TSS to be lynched.

And yes, I soon after admitted my actions were about self-preservation. Hey, at least I didn't lie about it. I'm only a good choice, as far as I can see, for the reason that I've been lurking. It's true, and I can't really defend that.
MeMe wrote:Don't be deceived that, just because two people are having a discussion that doesn't feature you as a topic, you've been forgotten.
I never felt that I would be ignored. It was the second time the topic momentarily left me and I'd gotten used to it from other games of lurking.
Fuldu wrote:I'll admit, CA's behavior continues to rankle.
Well, I don't know about you, but I've been suspicious of CA for quite a while.
Fuldu wrote:That lurker comment annoys, because it's just as true that lurking is a cheap way for scum to avoid getting themselves lynched, which might well be what The Shadow is doing.
Aside from the fact that I nearly always lurk, regardless of my role.
Fuldu wrote:And he, too, wasn't targeted last night, which seems surprising. But his kill was outside the scope of the standard scum kill and no one else bothered to claim it, so I still trust him, even if at a distance.
Yes...A pity about that. I'd really hoped CA was scum. I was fairly certain of it, in fact, until the vig thing came out. Since then, he's acted even more scummy imho, but I'll leave that alone for now.

Aside from that, I really want to hear from Mikehart or his replacement about PeaceBringer's acid trip. That is, whether he has any way to confirm or deny it (or at least, if he has anything to say about it.) It was mentioned earlier, but I don't recall Mikehart answering it, or if he did, I missed it.

But I think that right now I'm going to
Vote: Nanook the Wolf

A: He voted Axelrod, true, but it was at a point where I think he would have considered it a necessary evil.

B: When MeMe initially suggested that the killer might be SaberKitty because they "had a go at his eyes" Nanook added fuel to it.

C: Post #7, He didn't vote along with Leonidas gut feeling about Stoofer. (Axelrod had also just previously stated a distrust of Leonidas as well and voted him if it means anything)

Admittedly, A is an opinion on my part, B doesn't really incriminate him any more then MeMe and C is probably normal play (not to mention Stoofer was a SK). So it obviously isn't much to go on, but I get a feeling about him. And no, this isn't just an excuse to take pressure off of me. Basically, it's a compilation of looking over the remaining live ones and deciding who does or doesn't sound honest at this point.

Well, that's it. It isn't much, but I never claimed to be particularly smart.
Corpses designed with you in mind
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:54 pm

Post by MeMe »

Someone wrote:@ MeMe, Can you explain to us exactly how your role works? Now that you have used it, it shouldn't be a problem.
Not a problem...though I'm wondering at the "why" of the request.

I had 24 hours from the time stamp on the morning scene to PM DP if I wanted to take over the abilities and information of any pro-town player killed the night before -- extended time frame would be given if I warned him in advance of absence (though this was unnecessary). I PM'd him less than 10 minutes after seeing roland's role.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:02 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

inHimshallibe replaces Mikehart who replaced Enteryournamehere.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:05 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Checking in!

To the posts, to the posts, to the posts, posts, posts...
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:32 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

And I'm done, and I'm done with the posts, posts, posts...

Now it's time for the by now infamous inHim's replacing recap:

1. Someone - Anyone can read the front post. Vesuvan's interaction is telling, though.
3. NanookTheWolf - Very low flier under the radar. Fairly scummy in my books, added to the fact that I agree with points that The Shadow raises.

4. MeMe - It's hard to argue against results, which she says she has.
5. The Shadow - I don't have the best of reads here. His last post alleviates some of my suspicions.
7. LoudmouthLee - Where are you, Lee?

10. Fuldu - Almost fully convinced he's town. Like 99%
12. PeaceBringer - Wow. This is an easy role to fake.

14. Leonidas - Has the track record for this game to be considered town.
16. inHimshallibe - lurking predecessors. Trust me, I'll post as much as you'll want me to.
17. Commodore Amazing - Vig, so he says; vig, so I believe. 90%
18. the silent speaker - A nice voting ringleader he has become. I'm not sure where this places him, though.
20. Nox - Anyone can read the front post. Vesuvan's interaction is telling, though. (Yes, I realize I posted the same thing for both Someone and Nox. This was my main matter of concern.)

vote: Nanook
and casting my
Net of Suspicion: LML, PB
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:10 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

inhim- you don't know me enough if you think I would fake a role with a post only once a day posting restriction. Care to shed any light on the images related to you? You are the player I had did a trip on-

WTH with Leonidas voting based on lurking- his posting in this game has been over and above usual standards.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:57 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

That's a very "Wine in Front of Me" argument, PB. I do know that you like to post, and post a lot, and that you're analysis is oftentimes key to the game. This being said, if you fake this role as scum, you won't be as expected to post some of those damning analyses of yours, which might logically point to members of your mafia family.

As far as your visions go, let me look over the claim and my player again. I'll get back to this ASAP.

Nanook still stands scummiest, although input from Lee would be most helpful (:x at lurkers in general).
Show

:

NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:24 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

inHimshallibe wrote:
3. NanookTheWolf - Very low flier under the radar. Fairly scummy in my books, added to the fact that I agree with points that The Shadow raises.
Ok, so you are voting me because I have been flying under the radar .. in what way?

I'd respond to your vote more if I didn't find it so damn funny that you are voting me for basically 'flying under the radar' aka lurking, and yet agree with probably the biggest lurker in this game, who's only real defense is that he does it all the time.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:14 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

I think I might now make it a mission to redefine "flying under the radar." I do not equate that phrase with lurking; I define it as not being that included in the game. Let me further explain my vote then -

It's my impression that you've received little to no heat this game, other- or self-induced. This comes from doing little to rock the boat, which is where the bad guys like to hide out. So, you've made the wrong assumption as far as me agreeing with Leonidas goes, as IMO, he has made a couple of very defining plays.

Right, the visions. I can see how the "crosses" sort of connect, but the colors don't make much sense to me.
Show

:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”