Newbie 937 ~ Mafia Lite [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:05 am

Post by skerterg »

Vote Exilon

for having a birthday so close to mine (April 10) :P.

I have a question about lynching. After a person has been hammered and the lynch has been decided, is that person who will be lynched still allowed to talk before night begins?
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:52 am

Post by razorback »

well it depnds on if the mod lock's the game when the hammer happen's. solely then can that player still talk when they are lynched. if they don't do it before the mod lock's the game then no chance at all unless you like to break the rule's when you die and do it anyway. :lol:

however on base of having to answer that one time for a vote.

vote skerterg
Nathan Hale

I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country
ahoda
ahoda
Townie
ahoda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:52 am

Post by ahoda »

Question

horrordude0215 (SE)
razorback (SE)
popsofctown (IC)

What does the SE and IC mean?
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:55 am

Post by razorback »

semi- exspearianced play's or s.e i'm not sure on i.c.
Nathan Hale

I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country
ahoda
ahoda
Townie
ahoda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:03 am

Post by ahoda »

razorback wrote:semi- exspearianced play's or s.e i'm not sure on i.c.
thank you. Never seen those identifiers before.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:14 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count I:

[2] horrordude0215 - (Exilon, popsofctown)

[1] popsofctown - (kelikar)
[1] razorback - (Red Star)
[1] Exilon - (skerterg)
[1] skerterg - (razorback)
[0] ahoda - ()
[0] kelikar - ()
[0] Kranix - ()
[0] Red Star - ()

[3]
Not voting
- (ahoda, horrordude0215, Kranix)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Last edited by KittyMo on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
ahoda
ahoda
Townie
ahoda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:32 am

Post by ahoda »

vote skerterg
because his code word was eggplant. Seems to odd and more random then the rest of them.

And mine was oreo by the way since I didn't post it. Sorry MOD :(
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:44 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

ahoda wrote:horrordude0215 (SE)
razorback (SE)
popsofctown (IC)

What does the SE and IC mean?
SE means "Semi-Experienced"... it means that razorback and I have completed at least 2 games on this site. The IC is the "Inexperienced-Challenged"... meaning that they've completed at least 5 games. We are all here to help you learn how to play the game of mafia, teach you some common scumtells, etc. Just know that you should NEVER exclude us as possible scum. We are just as likely as you, so if you suspect one of us, by all means: Vote for us!

We've already started what most people prefer as a starter to the game, RVS, or Random Voting Stage. This is where, well, we randomly vote for people and base their reactions to move on with the game. While I generally prefer RQS, or Random Question Stage, I've found this to be a nice method as well.

Vote: Exilion
... OMGUS!

By the way, if you don't know some of the acronyms that we're using, you can look in the wiki. The link can be found here. The wiki is another good resource for everyone to use, so I'd definitely recommend taking a look at an article or 2 in it when you get the chance.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:47 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

EBWOP: That link that I presented is for a list of commonly used abbreviations. The wiki link can be found on the top of the page underneath "Watched Topics"
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'd like to mention that the wiki is very outdated, and there's a few things there that might be solid since the mafia vets don't really touch it anymore. Updating the wiki became more and more of a lost cause... it's kind of like when your room gets so dirty, you don't even wanna try, you know? Probably didn't help when jeep wrote placeholders in the wiki promising to write key articles and then never did.

Abbreviation explications and most points of theory will be correct. Role definitions, which you wouldn't use in this game anyway, constantly change and the ones in the wiki are pretty out of date.
Exilon wrote:Kelikar:
So they don't know which setup they're playing in immediately (as it would throw the game off-balance)... For example, if only the first setup was the only setup with a roleblocker, if the scum were to start with a roleblocker, they would know that there were 2 power roles right off the bat. Conversely, if they started with 2 goons, they wouldn't be able to know if there were any power roles, and if so, which one. So, balance purposes, I guess. xD

That's the way I see it, though. I'm probably not the best person to talk about it since my experience on site is limited :) Would popsofctown tell us more about it?
Kelikar is correct, the idea is to reduce the amount of information the scum has. The scum have a lot more power when they know what setup they're in. In one newbie game, I was on a double goon team, and there was a doc protect night one. This confirmed that we were in the Double goon, one doctor setup, and we used this to set up a cop fakeclaim that wasn't countered because, as we knew, there was no real cop.

That might sound swingy, but the town can also get some swings in this setup. The doctor/cop team has a whole lot of power if the roleblocker is lynched early.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Exilon »

Skerterg: I'll be sure to congratulate you. xD

Horrodude: popsofctown voted for you too D:
Why me and not him?
Feels like I've been here before.
kelikar
kelikar
Townie
kelikar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:41 am

Post by kelikar »

Exilon wrote:Skerterg: I'll be sure to congratulate you. xD

Why me and not him?
Hmm... Maybe he thought that if he thought that if he OMGUS'd the IC, he would call unnecessary attention to himself, so he went for a newer player so that no one would think anything of it?

Definitely far fetched, but it's something to get us out of the RVS.
kelikar
kelikar
Townie
kelikar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:45 am

Post by kelikar »

EBWOP:
KittyMo wrote:
Vote Count I:

[2] horrordude0215 - (Exilon, popsofctown)

[1] popsofctown - (kelikar)
[1] razorback - (Red Star)
[1] Exilon - (skerterg)
[1] skerterg - (razorback)
[0] ahoda - ()
[0] Kranix - ()
[0] Red Star - ()

[3]
Not voting
- (ahoda, horrordude0215, Kranix)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

I noticed that you didn't include me in the people with no votes on them. Just thought I'd point that out. :)

... Unless it's intentional and people can't vote for me! :twisted:

Fixed! :D Thanks for letting me know. ~Kitty
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:46 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Exilion wrote:Horrodude: popsofctown voted for you too D:
Why me and not him?
Your name was first :P
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Exilon »

kelikar wrote:
Exilon wrote:Skerterg: I'll be sure to congratulate you. xD

Why me and not him?
Hmm... Maybe he thought that if he thought that if he OMGUS'd the IC, he would call unnecessary attention to himself, so he went for a newer player so that no one would think anything of it?

Definitely far fetched, but it's something to get us out of the RVS.
Or they're both scum! =D
Far fetched or not, getting out of RVS is good, so I approve of anything that leads us that way (well, most stuff, at least.).

Moving along... I believe that, if the objective was to not call attention, he could've just as easily voted someone entirely different.
Anyway, there isn't much one can pick up from a vote in the supposedly random voting stage xD
horrordude wrote: Your name was first :P
See? xD
Horrordude, since you like RQS, anything you'd like to ask everyone?
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:00 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Exilon wrote:Horrordude, since you like RQS, anything you'd like to ask everyone?
Sure!

Everyone: Do you prefer being Town or Scum, and What is your experience with Mafia?

ahoda - Policy Lynches: Good or Bad?
skerterg - Did you enjoy getting your role PM?
Kranix - Lynch All Lurkers: Yes or No?
Exilon - Lynch All Liars: Yes or No?
iPot - Do you prefer to make your decisions off of logic or gut?
Red Star - Do you find lurking to be a scum tell?
razorback - What do you think is the best way to scumhunt?
popsofctown - Who is your scumbuddy? :P

My answers to the top 2 questions: I love being scum. It presents a fun challenge and I think it's a lot more enjoyable. I've completed 2 games so far on this site and several on a different one. Anyone who wants to look at my completed games, they can be found on my wiki page.

And if anyone has any questions for me, let me know and I'll answer them!
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:04 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

EBWOP: Make that iPot question directed at kelikar :oops:
kelikar
kelikar
Townie
kelikar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:08 am

Post by kelikar »

horrordude0215 wrote:
Exilon wrote:Horrordude, since you like RQS, anything you'd like to ask everyone?
Sure!

Everyone: Do you prefer being Town or Scum, and What is your experience with Mafia?

My answers to the top 2 questions: I love being scum. It presents a fun challenge and I think it's a lot more enjoyable. I've completed 2 games so far on this site and several on a different one. Anyone who wants to look at my completed games, they can be found on my wiki page.

I have a question: Why didn't you ask me a question? :(

To answer your question to everyone, I like being scum too. The idea of being the informed minority is just cool, and the ability to communicate behind everyone's back is pretty fun too.

I've only ever played mafia on epicmafia.com, but I did watch a theme game here play out (KH Mafia). I came here because EM wasn't really that great of a community, and people seemed a lot nicer here, especially compared to the trolls.
kelikar
kelikar
Townie
kelikar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:10 am

Post by kelikar »

EBWOP:
horrordude0215 wrote:EBWOP: Make that iPot question directed at kelikar :oops:
Forget my question then! :lol:

I personally prefer to make logical decisions, but I usually end up making gut decisions anyway.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:11 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

kelikar wrote:I have a question: Why didn't you ask me a question?
You can answer the question directed at iPot, seeing as how he's not in this game :lol:
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Exilon »

iPot, lol. I don't even want to know where that came from :P

Answering the questions:
My experience in mafia can be resumed to one gama here in mafiascum. I had also played the game IRL once, so I knew the basics xD As for town or scum: Meh, I don't really have a preference (yet) for one or the other, since I haven't played many games. Being town has been cool, but I'd also like to know how it is like to be behind the scenes :)
horrordude wrote: Lynch all Liars: Yes or No?
Hum, generally speaking, yes, totally. But I guess it depends on the case? For example, I remember seeing some time ago a certain game where it was advised (after it had ended) that one of the pro-town players lied about his claim so as to protect the town (if my memory doesn't fail me, he had a role that made him kill whoever tried to kill him during the night).
kelikar
kelikar
Townie
kelikar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by kelikar »

Here's a question for you horrordude: It's getting close to LYLO and the town is having a mass claim. One of the people claims watcher and posts all their results. You happen notice that they actually found scum, but never announced, even though they had the result almost 5 game days before the scum was lynched. How do you react? (This is based on a Mafia game from another forum that I forgot about.)
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

horrordude0215 wrote: Everyone: Do you prefer being Town or Scum, and What is your experience with Mafia?
I prefer being town. Less work. I hate previewing my post and analysing how they come off.

I've played countless games on mafiascum, literally don't know how many. Maybe about ten? Been here since September 08.

[/quote]
horrordude0215 wrote: I'm gonna keep my scumbuddy's identity a secret because - oh snap, I've been tricked :0!

In sincerity though, why was I given a softball? Why don't I get a theory question like everyone else?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
ahoda
ahoda
Townie
ahoda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by ahoda »

horrordude0215 wrote:
Sure!

I've played a bunch of games at GLB. Just signed up here recently.
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Red Star »

horrordude0215 wrote: Do you prefer being Town or Scum, and What is your experience with Mafia?

Do you find lurking to be a scum tell?
I prefer Scum, because it presents an interesting challenge, attempting to outsmart the majority while picking them off, causing chaos etc. :D However, town is also pretty fun, because you're trying to use logic to analyse whatever data you have to find out who's lying.

As for my experience with Mafia, I've finished about 4 games off-site and I am in two games here, both of them newbie games.

Well, as for lurking, it depends whether the person is actively lurking, or passively lurking. If someone is actively looking at the thread but not posting, it might be a scumtell, trying to avoid attention. But simply not visiting the site isn't a scumtell, they might have bad internet or a life to attend to.

Now here's some of my questions, for everyone:

1. Do you prefer a faster paced game or a slower game with discussion?

2. Do you think online mafia is more a psychological game or a logic game?

3. On day 1, do you think that a random lynch is better than no lynch?

4. Do you think that WIFOM is a scumtell?

5. Do you think that OMGUS is a scumtell?

6. Would you classify your playstyle as aggresive, analytical, passive or other (if so, state what).

Personally, to answer my own questions:

1. I prefer a slower game with more discussion, you get more data to work with.
2. I think that online mafia is a logic game, trying to piece together things which just don't fit to decide who is right and who is dead.
3. I think that on day 1, a random lynch still has a chance of catching scum, and even if it doesn't, it gives more data to work with, eliminating a person as possible scum.
4. An excess of WIFOM and solely WIFOM is a scumtell.
5. OMGUS is either a sign of newbiness or careless scum.
6. I'd classify myself as analytical.
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”