Newbie 937 ~ Mafia Lite [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:08 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count IV:

[2] horrordude0215 - (Exilon, popsofctown)

[1] razorback - (Red Star, horrordude0215)
[2] skerterg - (razorback, ahoda)
[1] popsofctown - (kelikar)
[1] Exilon - (skerterg)
[0] ahoda - ()
[0] keikar - ()
[0] Kranix - ()
[0] Red Star - ()

[1]
Not voting
- ( Kranix)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods:

Kranix
has gone more than 72 hours without posting, and has thus been prodded. If he doesn't respond after 48 hours, he risks replacement.

Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Kranix
Kranix
Townie
Kranix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:21 am

Post by Kranix »

*vote:popsofctown*
The Rules wrote:
4. Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
~KittyMo
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:28 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Kranix wrote:vote:popsofctown
Really? You don't have anything else to say? Care to give a reason for your vote?
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:34 am

Post by skerterg »

Wow, you are such a nice person KittyMo! Your post made my day!

-skerterg

Glittery text brightens everything! :D ~KittyMo
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
kelikar
kelikar
Townie
kelikar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by kelikar »

horrordude0215 wrote:
kekilar wrote:Here's a question for you horrordude: It's getting close to LYLO and the town is having a mass claim. One of the people claims watcher and posts all their results. You happen notice that they actually found scum, but never announced, even though they had the result almost 5 game days before the scum was lynched. How do you react? (This is based on a Mafia game from another forum that I forgot about.)
I would think it’s a bit suspicious, sure… but before jumping to conclusions, I would ask them WHY they didn't reveal their results... then if they didn't give me an acceptable answer, lynch them! lol
Fair enough. The person turned out to be the last scum! I would have questioned it, except I was dead, and none of the people that were alive noticed it. So you probably would have won!

Also, I agree with the feeling that razor is being overly defensive, although only half of it seemed to be aimed toward the actual game, so I don't feel it warrants a vote yet.

Although having a vote on someone who shouldn't really have one yet bothers me, so
unvote
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by Exilon »

RVS, ended? aww, cool! Now we can ask Kranix to have a justified vote instead of a contenteless vote which could be excused as RVS (maybe he got in late, who knows, internet lag these days is such a wonder...)
Ok, here we go.
Unvote

Now seriously. As for Kranix, I'd like to know what motivates him to pop up and vote, only. To answer a prod? :s that isn't very productive, really. Can't say much more when there isn't anything to talk about, though...

Razorback, I remember seeing something a while back - I can't remember if it was a newbie game or not, but searching a bit of his username on the search I did come up with a game where he was modkilled. I didn't have much time so I quickly skimmed through it, but it seems he was modkilled for talking about an ongoing game, or something. Razorback, is this accurate? Anyways, you don't have to be afraid :) Providing links about completed games isn't going to get you modkilled, as it has already been said.

@Ahoda: In my last game (my first game, actually), there was a player which wasn't really posting because he thought he wouldn't add anything to the discussion. You seem to be going through the same thing - don't be afraid to post your thoughts! You might think there is no reason to post but player's posts are always welcomed - because when a person posts, there's information worth analyzing :) And also, if you don't post, you'll most likely end up being called on it for lurking, which isn't really good anyway xD

And.. what else? Oh, yes!
Skerterg --' Why didn't you just ask what I meant BEFORE pointing the finger, if you hadn't really understood what that meant? :S
Skerterg wrote: Doesn't everyone have the choice for a justified and discussed lynch, and therefore no-lynch won't occur?
I don't know if I understood this question right, so if this answer seems weird, I'd ask of you to please explain it in another way :)

Generally speaking, yes, everyone has that choice and that's why no-lynch is a bad idea. However, in that context, (and hypothetically speaking, which means it's an imaginary situation which doesn't really correspond to the general reality) from the way I saw the question, we didn't have the choice of discussing the lynch. In reality and in all current newbie games, we do obviously have that choice.

NOW that is all xD
Feels like I've been here before.
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by skerterg »

Yes, I too remember seeing a game where razorback was modkilled. So we know that he is not making it up and that he has reason to be cautious.

And Exilon, I was purposely trying to find something to point my finger at (however small), just to see how you responded. I like your reasoning, and I hope we can use it for scum hunting :D. Basically, my question is why even say no-lynch is better than a situation that will never occur (i.e. no discussion)?

Unvote Exilon

Vote Red Star

Lurkers are bad. If they say nothing, we can't have anything to be suspicious of. I think I saw Red Star log in sometime earlier, but he didn't post in this thread while posting in another. Enough suspicion for a vote from me.
kelikar
kelikar
Townie
kelikar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by kelikar »

skerterg wrote: Unvote Exilon
Vote Red Star

Lurkers are bad. If they say nothing, we can't have anything to be suspicious of. I think I saw Red Star log in sometime earlier, but he didn't post in this thread while posting in another. Enough suspicion for a vote from me.
If anyone is lurking, it's Kranix. He only has 2 posts: 1 to confirm and a random vote at post 76 on this page. Red Star has posted more than that and has even answered some of the questions thrown around, so it seems a little unreasonable to vote for him instead of Kranix...

In fact, I might even support a Kranix lynch not for lack of participating, but for lack of interest to participate. At the very least we can pressure him to post so we don't have a non-entity sitting around watching us point fingers the whole game.

Vote: Kranix

Also, I forgot to say Happy Birthday! :D
kelikar
kelikar
Townie
kelikar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by kelikar »

Sorry for the double post, but I just read Red Star in isolation again and noticed that he actually only answered his own questions. Still, he has at least contributed to the conversation by asking them, whereas Kranix has not contributed at all, so my vote still stands.
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:32 pm

Post by Red Star »

Sorry guys, I've just been a bit lazy, mainly because discussion here has barely started.

I personally think that razorback is being needlessly hyper-defensive, and it looks suspicious to me. Seeing as so far no one has actually done anything overtly scummy so far, razorback seems to be the one who could do with a bit of experimental pressure. Ve haf vays off making you tahlk!
Yeah, so for now I'm keeping my vote on razorback due to a lack of anyone else acting suspicious.
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:41 pm

Post by skerterg »

Unvote Red Star

Sorry everyone, but i might not be able to post for the next two days, depending on whether the place I'm heading to will have internet. It most likely will, but just in case it doesn't I'm giving you this warning. Thanks!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'd have to say Red Star's excuse is pretty valid. While you're still in the early low information stage of the game, having little to say is understandable even for townies. It's when something major happens and someone doesn't say anything that things are suspicious.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:15 pm

Post by Red Star »

Ugh, slow discussion. Scum, do something stupid so that we can identify you!

I find it amusing (and possibly slightly suspicious) that two of the most active players have their vote on horrordude.
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:19 pm

Post by Exilon »

Red Star wrote: Ugh, slow discussion. Scum, do something stupid so that we can identify you!

I find it amusing (and possibly slightly suspicious) that two of the most active players have their vote on horrordude.
What, me and popsofctown? I unvoted on Ps80. D: And why would it be possibly suspicious?

Have you noticed there's another person with two votes on them?
Skerterg wrote: Basically, my question is why even say no-lynch is better than a situation that will never occur (i.e. no discussion)?
Because that's what the original question was about xD
question wrote:On day 1, do you think that a random lynch is better than no lynch?
I interpreted random lynch as a random lynch (roulette-like).
And my answer (the first part, which is what is important right now) was:
exilon wrote: I can't really say because I don't think I will ever random lynch or no-lynch on day 1 (aside obvious exceptions), but for the sake of it, hypothetically speaking, if we had to choose between totally random lynch or no-lynch on the F11 (this game) setup?
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:32 pm

Post by Red Star »

Exilon, it was a joke intended to get discussion going, seeing as no-one wants to post here due to there being no activity of any positive description.
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
ahoda
ahoda
Townie
ahoda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:15 am

Post by ahoda »

Red Star wrote:Exilon, it was a joke intended to get discussion going, seeing as no-one wants to post here due to there being no activity of any positive description.
Don't worry, you have 17 days to figure it all out. lol
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:49 am

Post by Exilon »

Red Star wrote: Exilon, it was a joke intended to get discussion going, seeing as no-one wants to post here due to there being no activity of any positive description.
Err... ok? I find that slightly wrong... but...
ahoda wrote: Don't worry, you have 17 days to figure it all out. lol
Oh, gee. That's great.
Anything else you'd like to add, Ahoda?
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:51 am

Post by razorback »

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 11c770e54a

here's one from way back when i was still a newbie some dick policy lyched me in the beging of the game. i never got to see the end. i'll look for other's that i have played in.
Nathan Hale

I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:53 am

Post by razorback »

razorback wrote:http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 11c770e54a

here's one from way back when i was still a newbie some dick policy lyched me in the beging of the game. i never got to see the end. i'll look for other's that i have played in.

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 821c9fbc4c
Nathan Hale

I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:56 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't like players who throw out suspicions but won't follow up firmly on it.
FoS: Red Star

You used two qualifiers, both "possible" and "slightly" when you first indicated suspicion, then rapidly retracted it as a joke when it was addressed. It wasn't a very funny joke, it sounded like dry mafia-playing to me.

I think Red Star is pot-stirring while trying not to stick his neck out. I've got my eye on him.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
ahoda
ahoda
Townie
ahoda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:52 am

Post by ahoda »

Exilon wrote:
Red Star wrote: Exilon, it was a joke intended to get discussion going, seeing as no-one wants to post here due to there being no activity of any positive description.
Err... ok? I find that slightly wrong... but...
ahoda wrote: Don't worry, you have 17 days to figure it all out. lol
Oh, gee. That's great.
Anything else you'd like to add, Ahoda?

nope
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Red Star »

@pops: That's because I'm not actually trying to raise suspicions, I'm trying to get discussion going. Without discussion, the best we can do is hope for a lucky random lynch. Which I think is stupid. I'm trying to get people to start talking, so we can actually figure out who seems to be acting the most scummy.
Speak up, lurkers
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:07 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

ahoda wrote:
Red Star wrote:Exilon, it was a joke intended to get discussion going, seeing as no-one wants to post here due to there being no activity of any positive description.
Wait, what? Why would you say YOU have 17 days to figure it out... not WE, you. To me this says 1 thing: I'm not apart of the town, so I don't have to figure it out. Slight slip, in my opinion, and if you add it to your active lurking,

Unvote, vote ahoda

I'll be looking at Razor's meta soon... in the meantime, we should get some posting happening here people!
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
ahoda
ahoda
Townie
ahoda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:16 am

Post by ahoda »

horrordude0215 wrote:
ahoda wrote:
Wait, what? Why would you say YOU have 17 days to figure it out... not WE, you. To me this says 1 thing: I'm not apart of the town, so I don't have to figure it out. Slight slip, in my opinion, and if you add it to your active lurking,

Unvote, vote ahoda

I'll be looking at Razor's meta soon... in the meantime, we should get some posting happening here people!
lol. The deadline is April 28. 28 - 11 = 17

ergo

17 days until deadline.
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:21 am

Post by Red Star »

He's not pointing out the number of days, he's pointing out the distinction of:
"we, the town, together will find the scum"
to
"you, the town, not including me, will find the scum"

Although it just equally could be directed at me, seeing as he was directing it at my "Get discussion going" post. So I think jumping onto a vote isn't the smartest idea.
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”