Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:33 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Deadline: Wednesday 8PM GMT.

I will most likely not shift this deadline.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:02 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

The school year just started. As a teacher, I have been posting much less frequently.

As of right now, my vote on the Shadow still stands. I have NOT been lurking. Instead, I have been reading everything without the time to really post back.

Consider the weekends the best time for me to be posting like a madman :)

Anyway...

As of right now, I'm still concerned aboput InHim, especially since he was just replaced by two lurkers... a bit confused in regards to any of their posting styles.) I still like my vote on the Shadow.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:04 am

Post by MeMe »

I prefer Shadow or even Nanook to inHim.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:27 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Well, since the deadline is this Wednesday coming up, I guess I'll throw my claim out there, and I'll tell you that I am POOKIE at which a TOWNIE.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:42 am

Post by MeMe »

Well...you've only got one vote (I think). And you misspelled Pooky. :?
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:43 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

MeMe wrote:Well...you've only got one vote (I think). And you misspelled Pooky. :?
Yeah, I may only have one vote, but you aren't the only one who has said that they were for a lynch towards me.

Also, I spelled the name exactly how it was in my role pm ... :wink:
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:28 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Lots and lots of scumminess here. The Shadow first.
When I'm behind on my reading and don't really have a defense I come up with a temporary one to buy time.
The only time you can possibly not have a defense and need to concoct a placeholder is when you're scum.
I didn't honestly expect TSS to be lynched.
Then what was the point of voting me? Just throwing your vote away? How does that help anything?
He also tries to pin some suspicion on Commodore Amazing, despite CA having the most unshakable alibi in the game: CA can't be scum, because he was off killing someone else when the scum were killing Vesuvan. And he argues that he shouldn't be held suspicious for lurking becayse he always does; well, Shadow, it hurts the town every time. If you want to help the town, stop doing it!

Look at his reasoning for voting Nanook: A) he voted scum. B) He agreed with an all-but-confirmed pro-town power role. C) He didn't vote a serial killer.
This, he says, is the scummiest player exant in a game with probably three more scum!

We'll get back to Nanook later; inHim is next.
The Shadow's last post -- his very scummy last post -- is said to alleviate inHim's suspicions. He agrees with The Shadow's piffling reasons to suspect Nanook, to the extent of voting him. And he FOSes LoudmouthLee (another very probable town) for no better reason I can see than lurking... fine thing for a twice-replaced role to do.

PB posts (which will also be dealt with later) and inHim says:
This being said, if you fake this role as scum, you won't be as expected to post some of those damning analyses of yours, which might logically point to members of your mafia family.
:roll: Did you completely miss everything Axelrod said and did?

Overall this makes me exceedingly confident that probably both, and certainly at least one, of inHim and The Shadow are scum.
PeaceBringer wrote:inhim- you don't know me enough if you think I would fake a role with a post only once a day posting restriction.
Except... only once have you even
had
a posting restriction. All you have to do is claim you didn't use the night activity, and poof, restriction go byebye.

And then we have Nanook, who claimed "Pookie", which he says is how it's spelled in the role PM... this smacks of badly botched fakery, only it's almost
too
badly botched. I find it very unlikely the PM would say "Pooky" rather than the full PookyTheMagicalBear" to begin with, much less a gross error in spelling. But then, why can't he use his real role name, if he invented Pooky's?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
The Shadow
The Shadow
knows
The Shadow
knows
knows

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:46 pm

Post by The Shadow »

the silent speaker wrote: The only time you can possibly not have a defense and need to concoct a placeholder is when you're scum.
Sure, I have a defense. But it's not much of one. And as I've said multiple times, lurking isn't easy to defend.
the silent speaker wrote:
I didn't honestly expect TSS to be lynched.
Then what was the point of voting me? Just throwing your vote away? How does that help anything?
I explained once why I voted you, but since you apparently missed it...
The Shadow wrote:my actions were about self-preservation. Hey, at least I didn't lie about it. I'm only a good choice, as far as I can see, for the reason that I've been lurking. It's true, and I can't really defend that.
You weren't in any danger at that time of being lynched and as I said, I didn't think you would be. It wasn't strictly according to Hoyle, but it kept me alive long enough to do some majorly needed rereading.
the silent speaker wrote:He also tries to pin some suspicion on Commodore Amazing, despite CA having the most unshakable alibi in the game: CA can't be scum, because he was off killing someone else when the scum were killing Vesuvan. And he argues that he shouldn't be held suspicious for lurking becayse he always does; well, Shadow, it hurts the town every time. If you want to help the town, stop doing it!
I was giving an opinion, not throwing suspicion. I just said I was disappointed that CA turned out to be a vig because I felt he was the scummiest. Nobody else mentioned it, so apparently you're the only one who felt it hurt the town.
the silent speaker wrote:Look at his reasoning for voting Nanook: A) he voted scum. B) He agreed with an all-but-confirmed pro-town power role. C) He didn't vote a serial killer.
Way to misquote me. :x Here is my quote:
The Shadow wrote:A: He voted Axelrod, true, but it was at a point where I think he would have considered it a necessary evil.

B: When MeMe initially suggested that the killer might be SaberKitty because they "had a go at his eyes" Nanook added fuel to it.

C: Post #7, He didn't vote along with Leonidas gut feeling about Stoofer. (Axelrod had also just previously stated a distrust of Leonidas as well and voted him if it means anything)
A: You twisted it to make it sound different then I wrote it as can be seen. I was noting that though he had voted one of the scum that did not make him innocent BECAUSE it was at a point where he probably already felt Axelrod was doomed.

B: MeMe was not all-but confirmed pro-town power role at that time; The point he agreed to would not have hurt him if he was scum, in fact it would have taken suspicion away from scum.

C: I was not accusing him for not voting Stoofer. If Nanook was scum, as I believe, he would obviously not have known Stoofer was scum. I was noting he said he wouldn't follow Leonidas' gut feeling right after Axelrod had just previously voted Leonidas.
the silent speaker wrote:This, he says, is the scummiest player exant in a game with probably three more scum!
He's posting just enough to avoid a lurker vote and basically seems to be lying low, in my opinion. There's other players that have claimed (such as CA, who you mentioned earlier and MeMe) who aren't. Of the ones that I don't recall claiming, he makes the most sense at this time.

When someone lurks, it's for one of 3 reasons: Busy schedule, laziness or being scum. Mine is a combination of the first two. Oddly enough, despite the fact you've played a good deal more then me, you seem to overlook the fact that when a person who is scum lurks, they generally don't stop posting altogether for 2 weeks as I did. You should have known that (or at least one of you should have) or else you're purposely overlooking it because you have other motives. Which is it, TSS?
the silent speaker wrote:And then we have Nanook, who claimed "Pookie", which he says is how it's spelled in the role PM... this smacks of badly botched fakery, only it's almost
too
badly botched. I find it very unlikely the PM would say "Pooky" rather than the full PookyTheMagicalBear" to begin with, much less a gross error in spelling. But then, why can't he use his real role name, if he invented Pooky's?
Maybe he is Pookie. Maybe he's Pookie and Pookie is scum. Ever consider that?
Corpses designed with you in mind
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:18 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

FOS: tss
- his previous post added some words and left a couple out of my posts.
the silent speaker wrote:We'll get back to Nanook later; inHim is next.
The Shadow's last post -- his very scummy last post -- is said to alleviate inHim's suspicions.
This is true, I did say that he alleviated
some
of my suspicions. Notice that word left out there -
some
. I didn't say I completely believed he was pro-town.
He agrees with The Shadow's piffling reasons to suspect Nanook, to the extent of voting him.
Did I ever say that I agreed with The Shadow's reasoning? No, I even gave my own reason for voting. Notice the words added.
And he FOSes LoudmouthLee (another very probable town)
Interesting thing for you to say.
for no better reason I can see than lurking... fine thing for a twice-replaced role to do.
I can't help what my predecessors did. I'm posting now, am I not? It seems you suspected my twice-replaced role for lurking. Do your rules for me not apply to you?
PB posts (which will also be dealt with later) and inHim says:
This being said, if you fake this role as scum, you won't be as expected to post some of those damning analyses of yours, which might logically point to members of your mafia family.
:roll: Did you completely miss everything Axelrod said and did?
Rephrase, please; I'm not sure I understand what you're asking of me.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:28 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Vote count, seven to lynch, four to lynch at deadline Wednesday 8PM GMT:

The Shadow 4 (LML, TSS, MeMe, Nox)
Mikehart
inHimshallibe 3 (Leonidas, Fuldu, CA)
Nanook 2 (The Shadow, inHimshallibe)
Leonidas 1 (Nanook)

Not voting: 2
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:44 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Actually,
unvote; vote: The Shadow
- you're actually trying to defend your lurking?
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:17 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

unvote: inhimshallibe

The Shadow, I wouldn't be too upset if we lynched you today. If you weren't already two away from lynch, I'd put you there. I would like a claim first.
the silent speaker wrote:I find it very unlikely the PM would say "Pooky" rather than the full PookyTheMagicalBear" to begin with, much less a gross error in spelling. But then, why can't he use his real role name, if he invented Pooky's?
I believe at GL, Pooky is just "Pooky," and it's only on mafiascum that he's got the whole Magical Bear thing going on.

However, I still find Nanook to be a shifty individual.
In the rules, Dragon Phoenix wrote:[10] It is risky to lynch someone based on spelling errors in their role name. I have been known to make some in the set-up of my games.
... Even so, I think Nanook could be making "Pookie" up. You would think he would have looked into Pooky's posts by now, at least to find something out about him. Maybe to compare with the other vanilla townies that are claimed. If he had done that, he would see that his role is spelled wrong, and he would have said something about that right away. It seems like he's anticipating getting called out for a misspelled name, but then he can point to the rules, and say, "See! I'm not scum just because Pooky is spelled wrong!" You know, to make his claim more believable.

fos: NanookTheWolf
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
The Shadow
The Shadow
knows
The Shadow
knows
knows

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:09 am

Post by The Shadow »

inHimshallibe wrote:Actually,
unvote; vote: The Shadow
- you're actually trying to defend your lurking?
Now, did I ever say that?
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:22 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Just a few thoughts...

#1) I'll start this post with a nice sized
FoS: InHim
, and if I wasn't so sure that The Shadow has been overly scummy, I would be calling for his head.

InHim has violated every single law of etiquette I have ever seen in a mafia game. I'm not going to call myself a confirmed innocent or anything like that, but if you just look at the way the first few days have gone, i'll hope that you can draw your own conclusions.

InHim managed to shoot me an FOS for the day for "lurking". Maybe I'm confused... I mean, I have posted here every chance I get and normally have (or try) to have some sort of logistical flow to my thoughts. InHim has something that bothers me, however...

Going back to PB's "vision", he saw someone greeting others. This could possibly mean that InHim is
probably JEEP

Now, that may just be my opinion, but that means 1 of the following things...

-I feel it is a VERY safe assumption that Jeep is NOT a vanilla townie.
-So, IMHO, InHim is either a VERY STRONG pro-town player or a VERY STRONG scum (possible GF territory?)

That's all on InHim for now. I don't feel like lynching him right now for I feel that it's PROBABLY the wrong call now.

As for Nanook, I, for NOW, believe his claim, as DP sometimes has spelling lapses... DP consitently warns people to NEVER rely on spelling for a lynch... I feel that the people we have left in the game... better than that.

So, as of now, my vote still stays on The Shadow, as I believe he is the correct lynch for today.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:22 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Commodore .. I wouldn't need to research anything, I have been on these boards for over a year, and of course I knew who PookyTheMagicalBear was and how his name is spelled. The only reason why I left the spelling the way it was in my pm, is because I didn't know if the mod had done it for flavour or just simply mispelled it. As for that rule you are referring to, I didn't even know it existed. I'll admit that I don't normally read the mod's rules unless there is some sort of different mechanics involved in the game.

Quite simply I am a townie, who's name is POOKIE. So what else would you like me to say? I can't defend what TheShadow calls 'flying under the radar', especially simply put that I post when I can, and if you really want to look at my history, usually if I post in one game, I post in the majority of my games.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:29 am

If we think inhim is jeep based on PB's visions, we should lynch inhim.
inhim wrote:I can see how the "crosses" sort of connect, but the colors don't make much sense to me.
He didn't mention the whole greeting thing. Or the diesel fumes. Oh, hold on. Diesel fumes? "Jeep?" Gasoline? Automobiles? Anyone?

So many good lynch candidates. I can't choose just one.
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
The Shadow
The Shadow
knows
The Shadow
knows
knows

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:45 am

Post by The Shadow »

NanookTheWolf wrote:I can't defend what TheShadow calls 'flying under the radar',
Actually I said you were lying low. InHim said you were flying under the radar.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:00 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

The Shadow wrote:
NanookTheWolf wrote:I can't defend what TheShadow calls 'flying under the radar',
Actually I said you were lying low. InHim said you were flying under the radar.
Either way it's basically the same thing, and I don't see how I am 'lying low' either.

You know I too have a busy schedule, which is why you never see me posting between 3 and 11 est time, because those are the hours I work. Plus I have to take care of my brothers early in the morning and I usually don't see scum til after 10 am my time, and then I might post possibly after work as well.

I don't always have something to say either, as unbelievable as that sounds .. because if you recall (which you couldn't probably as it was you who were MIA for a very long period of time) this game has been in and out of active states. In fact a good majority of this game has been slow, so it still bewilders me as to how I am flying low compared to anyone else.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:15 am

Post by the silent speaker »

But I think that right now I'm going to Vote: Nanook the Wolf

A: He voted Axelrod, true, but it was at a point where I think he would have considered it a necessary evil.
If this is not meant as an augmentation of your reasoning for voting but only as a deflection of an obvious objection, it is both grossly misphrased and dramatically out of place. The simplest point against interpreting it the way you claim it was meant is that he would only have interpreted it as necessary evil if he were scum. Placing it first on your list of reasons to vote implies that you think he was scum
because
he acted according to 'necessary evil', not the other way around.
B: MeMe was not all-but confirmed pro-town power role at that time;
Liar. MeMe had already told Fuldu she could name his role at will.
C: I was not accusing him for not voting Stoofer. ... I was noting he said he wouldn't follow Leonidas' gut feeling right after Axelrod had just previously voted Leonidas.
No? Let's see.
The Shadow wrote: Post #7, He
didn't vote
along with Leonidas gut feeling about Stoofer.
No mention of complaining about Leonidas's guts. Your point C was that he didn't vote.

InHim:
Did I ever say that I agreed with The Shadow's reasoning? No,
Yes, you did. See?
inHimshallibe wrote: NanookTheWolf - Very low flier under the radar. Fairly scummy in my books, added to the fact that
I agree with points that The Shadow raises.
It seems you suspected my twice-replaced role for lurking.
There's a bit more to it than that, including EYNH's scummy vibes on day 1 and sheer process of elimination. Your FOS on Lee was for
nothing but
lurking.
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking of me.
I'm commenting on your saying that PB wouldn't post long analyses as scum in this game when Axelrod did just that multiple times.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:48 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

tss, you come off as cleaner now than I once thought.
the silent speaker wrote:Yes, you did. See?
inHimshallibe wrote: NanookTheWolf - Very low flier under the radar. Fairly scummy in my books, added to the fact that
I agree with points that The Shadow raises.
Oh. I recant. Point made about me agreeing with The Shadow. I don't know what I was thinking.
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking of me.
I'm commenting on your saying that PB wouldn't post long analyses as scum in this game when Axelrod did just that multiple times.
Yes, but PB and Axelrod are different people with different characteristics. Namely, PB is smarter.

I suppose there's no disputing it now. Yes, LML and CA, I'm Jeep. Hear that world? I'm Jeep. Thanks for vocalizing such, and so loudly as you did.
Show

:

Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:20 am

In post 624, inhimshallibe wrote:I can see how the "crosses" sort of connect, but the colors don't make much sense to me.
inhimshallibe wrote:I'm Jeep.
How do the crosses connect?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:22 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Show

:

Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:29 am

Why did you call PeaceBringer's role easy to fake, when the crosses made it seem like it could be legitimate?

Why didn't you mention the greeting thing or the diesel fumes in PB's visions?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:24 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

:: The restriction was the main thing I found easy to fake. Who's to say he's not a mafia role finder, and made up some vague comments to fit?

:: It's to the town's advantage the less scum know of roles, in my opinion. Using 20/20 hindsight, it makes sense that scum wouldn't dare fake jeep as a role if it didn't already exist in their group, but I held my reservations about claiming. It's all out in the open though, now, so there's nothing to be done.
Show

:

Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:10 am

I think we'll take a closer look at inhimshallibe tomorrow.

vote: The Shadow
. One more to lynch. Or just wait until this evening.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”