Newbie 937 ~ Mafia Lite [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:25 pm

Post by Red Star »

Sorry about inactivity, I've just been lazy. Within 24 hours I'll post an ISO on everyone to make up for my laziness.
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:26 am

Post by razorback »

Leafsnail wrote:Hey there everyone. I don't usually replace into newbie games, but KittyMo asked me nicely on irc, so I couldn't refuse :D.

Now, firstly, my guy seems to be self voting for some reason... better fix that.
Unvote

I'm reading through and making notes, but since it's already really late right now I might not get a proper post in till tomorrow.

good to have you in the game we could use some new insight in the game.
Nathan Hale

I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:42 am

Post by Leafsnail »

Hey there, everyone. It seems my guy is self voting... better fix that.
Unvote

Notes:
Man, the RVS stage lasts for aaaaaaaaaages in newbie games. Might as well answer the general questions.

Red Star wrote:1. Do you prefer a faster paced game or a slower game with discussion?
Due to my liking of IRL and IRC mafia, I'd say a fast paced game with lots of nice, condensed discussion
Red Star wrote:2. Do you think online mafia is more a psychological game or a logic game?
Two sides of the same coin, in my opinion.
Red Star wrote:3. On day 1, do you think that a random lynch is better than no lynch?
Possibly, providing you let the person claim first. And you get lots of lovely info from all the arguing about random lynching.
Red Star wrote:4. Do you think that WIFOM is a scumtell?
If someone's WIFOMing, they are scum. Period. The problem is identifying if they're WIFOMing or just using faulty reasoning.
Red Star wrote:5. Do you think that OMGUS is a scumtell?
Wouldn't've said so. Everyone knows about this one - scum often make a conscious effort to avoid it. Might be different in a newbie game, but I still regard it as an example of sloppy reasoning rather than a scumtell.
Red Star wrote:6. Would you classify your playstyle as aggresive, analytical, passive or other (if so, state what).
Changes with my mood. Mood swings a lot, so my playstyle does too. Very aggressive if angry.

Imo the RVS ends at post 54. Razorback apparently freaks out at what he sees as "rolefishing". I'm kinda torn on this reaction... it doesn't seem to make much sense as town or scum. He goes on to accuse horrordude, which makes me think of him as the kind that has a tendancy to vote anyone who posts.

Post 67 is interesting. It seems primarily angled as a teaching point, but contains
skerterg wrote:your statement seems like a slightly scummy thing to say.
This seems non commital and slightly wishy washy, considering you didn't attack him any more in the post. Did you regard what he said as scummy or not?

It seems Exilon picks up on this.

76 sees Kranix just voting for no reason. This is null - kranix obviously didn't care about the game at all.

81 looks very bad. Skerterg seems to back away from Exilon's challenge, and goes for a lurker, always an easy target.

82 could also be an attempt to get an easy shot in at a lurker. Someone who isn't around to post is definately an easy target.

89 - how will there be any discussion if we don't MAKE it? Also, what you referred to does not look like a joke in any way.

96 - It didn't look like discussion starting either... and didn't you say it was all "a joke" earlier?

104 - didn't you say that you weren't trying to put out suspicions either?

110 - I definately don't like this. Razorback seems to pull a scumteam out of the air without any explanation (does he really see a connection?) and for some reason doesn't commit to either player.

Lynch builds against my playerslot. Popsofctown seems too quick to put ahoda at L-1, even as he suggests a replacement. I don't get what he's trying to do.

121 - "it would be lots of effort to unvote him and revote him"... would you mind explaining what you mean here, popsofctown? And I don't really buy the "it's noise" explanation.

134 - razorback, this sounds rather a lot like you're dogpiling. Ahoda hadn't refused to ask for a replacement, and you don't give much reasoning for your policylynch other than an appeal to the norm. The last sentence in this post also looks like it's covering your back from possible attacks on this post... going out of your way to defend your actions is something commonly seen in scum. Also, you say "again". In what game did anti town players cause you to lose?

137 - rambling. And who are you even responding to? Again, overdefensive from attacks that haven't even been made.

For the selfvoting discussion - I'd regard self hammering as scum to be a perfectly valid strategy if you don't think you can escape, you still have teammates alive and you feel it would be useful to shut someone up immediately with the nightkill. Just selfvoting though is null - ahoda clearly didn't care about this game at all.

141 - rambles some more... and seems to answer a question aimed at pops. Why, razorback?

146 - skerterg, even your top suspicion here is noncommital, and your second suspicion seems to be for tunnelvision, which isn't really scummy at all. Your description for Razorback is especially odd - why "but"? Do you think being defensive is helpful to the town? Also, you seem EXTREMELY willing to give razorback the benefit of the doubt... why?

149 - agh, more unnecessary self defence from razorback... do you do ANYTHING except cover your actions?

155 - massive overreaction from razorback...

160 - razorback just issues a blanket defence of himself...

174 - I don't really use irc outside of the #mafia channel either :P. But it's so fun... and I felt kinda stupid since she'd nailed the Godfather in a vengeful game from the very start and I ignored her X.X

Reads -
Horrordude and exilon look town. Scumhunting seems genuine, and they don't seem to be jumping on or dogpiling anyone.

sketerg and popsofctown both have scummy elements. Sketerg seems overeager to pardon razorback, and popsofctown seemed to quick to advocate a policylynch on my playerslot.

Red Star is kindof odd. He looks scummy, but I really don't see him as scum with my strongest read... his motive, however, seems inconsistent, and I am a STRONG believer in Lynch All Liars :twisted:. I'd like him to explain his actions clearly.

Vote: Razorback
. Razorback seems to spend more time explaining and excuses his actions than he does making them. He also sees the need to defend himself even when no attack has been made, and if an attack IS made he freaks out.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:26 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Rather busy atm... Will comment on new posts soon.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:03 am

Post by skerterg »

Quite a bit has happened in the past few days. I'll post my analysis later today, as I have a lot to do over the weekend.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:35 am

Post by razorback »

hmmm. hay i try to keep but hay if i die then that's how the game has to play out. and it's not excuses thing's just go from bad to worse as i play these games i never seem to get out of day one or two. because i always fuck thing's up so i have come with a simple stya alive as long as i can.........
Nathan Hale

kelikar
kelikar
Townie
kelikar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by kelikar »

Welcome to the game, Leafsnail and mask man!

I'm glad that someone agrees with my views on razorback. As I said before, his overdefensivness was coming off as paranoid scum to me.

I want to ask you something Leafsnail. Do you agree with me that Red Star has been twisting certain people's words around to make them seem scummy, even though they seemed to relatively benign intentions? Also, why no read on me? :(
razorback wrote:hmmm. hay i try to keep but hay if i die then that's how the game has to play out. and it's not excuses thing's just go from bad to worse as i play these games i never seem to get out of day one or two. because i always fuck thing's up so i have come with a simple stya alive as long as i can.........
Sorry dude, but you aren't really helping your case. It would be nice if you gave your views on everyone instead of posting just to excuse yourself. Until I see something other than that,
Vote: razorback
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

I did say some stuff about Red Star... as I say, he looks quite scummy, but I don't see him as scum with razorback.

No read on you since you haven't really given me any strong town or scumtells.
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by skerterg »

First, I voted for Red Star because he had shown up on the site while Kranix did not (or was not observed to). For me, lurking is being active or looking at what is happening while not posting. Kranix is not even active; hence, there is no evidence at all for suspecting (or, I guess, not suspecting) him. Once I entertained with the thought that he is too chicken or fearful to post, but...probably not. I still stand that I did nothing inconsistent with voting for Red Star over Kranix, and that not ranking Kranix was appropriate.

Also, Exilon raised the point that maybe Red Star didn't have time to post in both threads. Well, if I log on I would try to post in all my games unless:

1. The game has no activity.
2. Another game has so much content that you need to spend all your time there.
3. You want to avoid posting.

Point three is scum-like behavior, so if that were the reason, one would have to suspect Red Star. One would not want to give more information than possible. Point two might be applicable here; I don't recall the other thread. The most valid point is the first. At that time, there wasn't much to say or talk about. Because of this possible reason, I did not suspect Red Star all too much. However, I still voted for him, to get him to post and to put pressure on him if he was wanting to avoid posting.

Another point relates to razorback. This is probably a fault or weakness of mine, but I cannot get a grasp of his style at all. I cannot tell the difference between when he is mafia and when he is townie. Maybe I have a weakness for poor grammar or spelling, so I try to convince myself that he is NOT mafia even though I dislike his posts. (On the flip side, maybe I'm a sucker for grammatically good and well-reasoned posts, blinding me to mafia.) I just try to give both sides some thought.

To leafsnail: here are a few responses to your post:

1. Regarding Exilon: Most of what I did was just to get a response from him. I liked it a lot, and therefore he has gained my trust. I thought it was well-reasoned. If he is mafia, then he has me well fooled. I must say, Exilon, we think quite alike. Too alike. Maybe I should be wary of my trust :P

2. Regarding kelikar: True, I guess I shouldn't suspect anyone for tunnelvisioning.

3. Regarding razorback: I mentioned my thoughts on this earlier, but to emphasize: I cannot tell which side he is on by his posts. I merely give voice to both possibilities. Also, though defensiveness is not good for the town, lynching a townie is not good either. I would rather use a vote on someone I could get a better read on than razorback. I hope you are not tunnelvisioning him because of his overdefensiveness (which I think is his personality). Perhaps you have more experience than I and have a very good instinct for this kind of mafia; unfortunately, I do not.

Anyways, thanks for your input, leafsnail. It was a good read.

To kelikar: thanks for your advice to limit the post to people I suspect. I will certainly do that next time. Also, you say that Red Star has been "twisting certain people's words around to make them seem scummy," etc. Could you post some of these as examples? They might help clarify my views on him.

To razorback: a small point. You state that "because i always fuck thing's up so i have come with a simple stya alive as long as i can." It is not the goal of the townsperson to stay alive; it is to catch the mafia. (Well, maybe it is for the doctor, but anyways.) It is the goal of the mafia to stay alive until the end, until they outnumber the townspeople. Please keep this in mind, as you should be working on catching scum first, and self-preservation second.

I think Red Star and popsofctown are the two highest on my list now. (Maybe razorback. See above section.) Red Star isn't really posting much now, and it's just my intuition. Something about his posts doesn't feel right; maybe kelikar can help me with that. When I get another chance, I'll look at it more closely. popsofctown, you mention that the fact that I voted for Red Star but not kranix. I already gave reasons (even before this post) on my reasoning (that Red Star was active and kranix wasn't even playing), but I've stated it again in this post. Your previous actions do not help you either. However, I do not believe that these two are a scum pair, for the record.
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:41 pm

Post by Red Star »

Give or take an hour, I'd say, that my promise to deliver a omniISO within 24 hours was pretty accurate. :P
Here is my ISO on all players. It is in alphabetical order, with an Overall read on the individual in question. The overall read is on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being definately scum and 10 being definately town. 1 and 10 ratings are only awarded post-humously. Everybody begins at 5, and it adjusts depending on your actions. At the end is a summary for the tl;dr people.

ahoda/Leafsnail

0:4- Fluff
5- RV on skerterg, due to codeword
6- ahoda states that he's played Mafia at GLB(? Can someone tell me what this acronym is?) before
7- Says that he's been reading but hasn't had a reason to post
8- 'Dont worry, you have 17 days to figure it all out. lol'
a) This is the 'you' post that everyone was talking about a while ago. I personally think that it was directed at me, not the town as a whole.
9- Fluff
10- Ignores horrordude0215's post and says that why he said 17 days
11- Says that players on this site make no sense. Says that his joke isn't scummy. Says that the only possible action is a random lynch. Says that he doesn't care if he is voted.
12- a) Says that having 'the more experienced guys post questions for the new guys to answer' is bad, even though no questions were asked.
b) Says that answering the questions just gives experienced people more ammo to be used against less skilled players
c) Says he's not going to post
13- Says that he wants to be voted out because of opinion on the community.
14- Self-votes
15- Unvotes himself
16- Analysis of everyone
a) Votes razorback
17- Fluff

Overall read on ahoda/Leafsnail- 5

It's extremely difficult to make an accurate reading when most of the game was played by a player who wanted to get himself killed and not play anyway. Although Leafsnail seems to be a lot better than ahoda, for now. Not enough data...

Exilon

0- Fluff
1- RV horrordude0215
2- Explanation/helping Kelikar
3- Fluff
4- Approves of things which get us out of the RVS
5- Only one game on this site, no preference for town/scum
a) Says that Lynch all Liars is generally right, but depends on circumstance
6- a) Says that he likes a long game
b) Says that no-lynch is better than totally random lynch, but first day isn't normally totally random.
7:8- Fluff
9- Defends himself against Skerterg
10- Pleased we left the RVS
a) Unvotes
b) Wonders why Kranix votes pops
c) Encourages ahoda to post
11- Fluff
12- Sarcasm- I like. :D
13- a) Attempts to decipher ahoda
b) Attacks ahoda, Votes ahoda
14- Unvotes after realising that ahoda could replace out
15- Fluff
16- Accuses Pops
17:18- Fluff
19- A long post
a) Asks Maskman about his predecessor
b) Analyses some data on Skerterg

Overall read on Exilon- 6:7

Seems to be fairly town in my opinion, due to active attempts to get discussion going and to scumhunt. However, the chance always exists that you are a scum attempting to take control, but I think this is unlikely, due to the fact that your posts generally have logic and sense behind them.

horrordude0215

0- Confirm
1- RV Exilion
2- EBWOP
3- Fluff
4- Questions
a) Loves being scum, more enjoyable
b) Completed two games on-site
5- EBWOP
6:7- Fluff
8- Question answers
a) Medium paced-game
b) More logic
c) Unknown playstyle
d) Votes razorback
9- Fluff
10- Votes ahoda
11:13- Fluff
14- Votes popsofctown
a) Says that putting noob on L-1 as IC is stupid
15:22- Fluff

Overall read on horrordude0215- 5

You seem to have been doing a small amount of scumhunting, but a large portion of your posts seem to fluff posts not actually contributing to the thread.

kelikar

0- Confirms, first mafia game
1- RV popsofctown
2:4- Fluff
5- Likes being scum, as it's fun
6- Says he likes logic, but normally does gut decisions
7- Fluff
8- Questions
a) Psychological game
b) Passive player
9- Says that razorback is 'quick to point finger at horrordude'
10- Unvotes pops, because he 'shouldn't really have one yet'.
11- Votes Kranix for lurking
12:13- Fluff
14- FoS on pops due to wanting to lynch ahoda now
15- No need to rush things
16:17- Fluff
18- Has tunnelled solely on Kranix since post 11
19- Says that the "ahoda's 'you' post" is nitpicking. Continues to focus on Kranix
20- Unvotes (because of replacement)
21- Says that razorback is starting to look like paranoid scum
a) FoS's three people
22- Votes razorback

Overall read on kelikar- 5

You've been tunnelling on razorback and Kranix pretty much the entire game. Overall, you seem to be fairly narrowly focussed, and don't seem to believe that anyone other razorback and Kranix could be scum.

Kranix/mask man

0- Confirm
1- Votes popsofctown
2- Sprouts meme on entry

Overall read on Kranix/mask man- 5

There is pretty much NO information at all to go on for this duo. Hopefully this will be rectified soon.

popsofctown

0:1- Confirm
2- RV horrordude0215
3- Explanation of role balance
4:6- Fluff
7- Question answers
a) Faster pace
b) Passive play
8:10- Fluff
11- FoS Red Start due to pot-stirring while not sticking neck out
12- Fluff
13- Votes ahoda
14- Asks ahoda to replace out, does not unvote
15- a) Doesn't treat L-1 like a hammer
b) 'Lots of effort to unvote and revote him'
16- Doesn't want to move his vote around unnecesarrily
17:19- Fluff
20- Says he is trying to look 'unsuspicious'
21:22- Fluff
23- Believes that there is a skerterg/Red Star scum pairing
24- Vote Red Star
25- Fluff

Overall read on popsofctown- 4.5

There are a large amount of fluff posts, and quite a bit of redundancy. There are few really confusing/stupid things such as the 'moving vote around unnecesarrily', or the 'trying to look unsuspicious'. As an IC, you shouldn't be making silly little mistakes, so I'm slightly suspicious of you.

razorback

0- Confirm
1- RV Skerterg
2- Fluff
3- Refuses to answer horrordude's questions due to it being a 'role fishing plan'
4- Says that horrordude's questions are asking people's roles
a) Says that it's just the way he plays
5:7- Fluff
8- Unvotes, accuses a Red Star ahoda pairing
9- Says that if ahoda doesn't replace we should deal with problem
10- 'unhelpful people don't need to play'
11- Fluff
12- 'very hard to get to come forward because i come off as sounding scummy'
13- Fluff
14- Extremely defensive
15- Says he's a bit on edge
a) Temper problem
b) Says he's better suited for power role
16- Performance better as mafia
17:20- Fluff

Overall read on razorback- 4

You seem to be acting extremely defensively over very slight accusations or questions, which makes you appear as if you are a paranoid scum. You also state that you are on edge in this game, which further makes me believe that you are scum. You've contributed little to the thread except for clarifying your own posts and aggresively responding to people's accusations against you.

skerterg

0- Confirm
1- Exilion
2- First online game of mafia
a) Exited to start a game. This phrasing makes me believe that skerterg is a power-role or scum, or just really eager townie depending on personality. Not important, but worth pointing out.
3- Argues with Exilion despite arguing the same side
4:5- Fluff
6- Votes Red Star for lurking
7- Unvotes Red Star, than says he will be inactive (I like the hypocrisy in this and the previous post. :P)
8- Wants ahoda to explain his behaviour
9- Fluff
10- The SOAP of doom
11:14- Fluff
15- Explains the Red Star vote
a) Says razorback's style is very inconsistant

Overall read on skerterg- 6

You've been actively scumhunting and you seem to be decently active in terms on analysis. Your SOAP really gave you big positive karma points in your favour. Overall, you're fairly decent in terms of cleanliness.

Summary for the lazies-

razorback- 4
popsofctown- 4.5
Kranix/mask man- 5
kelikar- 5
horrordude0215- 5
skerterg- 6
Exilion- 6:7

Overall, I currently believe that razorback and popsofctown look the most scummy.

Sorry for this incredibly long winded post.

Anyway, to answer Leafsnail asking me to explain my actions clearly, I'll do my best.

In this game, I've mainly been watching how the game unfolds, trying to see everyones' interactions with each other. I'm an extremely analytical player, and I generally like to stir up a hornets' nest in order to get good, hard data. However, I have also been fairly lazy in terms of posting, for which I apologise, especially considering that the activity was fairly low in the beginning. I promise to increase my activity to one post per day at least.
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:44 pm

Post by Red Star »

double post blah blah

Everyone wants to see my cat when she was 2 months old, though! :D ~KittyMo
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:48 pm

Post by Red Star »

Mod, could you please edit the double post such that it isn't so big? I'm sure no-one wants to see two really long posts next to each other...
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by skerterg »

I must say, Red Star, an impressive post. You have kept your word in posting an ISO on everyone, and, having done so myself, I know this is a task that requires lots of work. It also helps a lot with scumhunting, as we gain insight and also know where you stand. For this, I remove you my suspicions from you for now. If you are mafia, you are really trying hard to mask your motives.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

As I already explained, I felt moving my vote twice would confuse someone about my intentions. Furthermore, I thought it was unlikely that ahoda would be replaced (most people like him keep returning to the site to whine so far as I've seen) so I felt the likelyhood that I'd do anything but switch my vote and switch it back immediately was less than everyone else's estimate (which I concede may have been more accurate).

The town ought to be wary of concluding that the players who post massive posts are autotown. While such total material is correlated with a town alignment, the correlation isn't that strong. I specifically recall one game where one player posted large amounts of content, twice a day, and also broke the setup for everyone, causing one of his teammates to become lynched guaranteed, and everyone concluded he must be town and he won the game, last man standing.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:21 am

Post by razorback »

as for the case of red start i believe he is with out doubt scum. it has been my experience that scum love to twist others words around on them. and this is generally one of the biggest scum tell in the game...

as for myself i'm far from paranoid scum i'm simply trying make to lylo. i have never seen the end of day two as scum or town.. so my goal is get to the end of the game.
Nathan Hale

horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:06 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

razorback wrote:as for the case of red start i believe he is with out doubt scum. it has been my experience that scum love to twist others words around on them. and this is generally one of the biggest scum tell in the game...
How was he twisting your words around? He's pretty much said the same thing that everyone else in the game has... you're overdefensive and not doing much scumhunting. And if it's the "biggest scum tell in the game" why aren't you voting because of it?
razorback wrote:as for myself i'm far from paranoid scum i'm simply trying make to lylo. i have never seen the end of day two as scum or town.. so my goal is get to the end of the game.
So instead of trying to find scum, your goal is to keep yourself alive? That sounds like a great person to have in the town huh?

The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:07 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Ugh... stupid BB tags.

Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:09 am

Post by Leafsnail »

razorback wrote:as for the case of red start i believe he is with out doubt scum. it has been my experience that scum love to twist others words around on them. and this is generally one of the biggest scum tell in the game...

as for myself i'm far from paranoid scum i'm simply trying make to lylo. i have never seen the end of day two as scum or town.. so my goal is get to the end of the game.
Right. So, he is "without doubt" scum. So... why aren't you voting him? As for getting to lylo... how is this helpful for the town?

You also ignore Red Star's last post when attacking him. I see little evidence of misrepping, and I am of the opinion that "misrepping" is usually a way for scum to ignore accusations ("You called me scum and I'm not! MISREP!").
kelikar
kelikar
Townie
kelikar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:06 am

Post by kelikar »

In hindsight, I see only one instance of Red Star twisting words. I thought I saw it when the ahoda lynch started, but it was actually horrordude that I saw.
horrordude0215 wrote:
ahoda wrote:
Red Star wrote:Exilon, it was a joke intended to get discussion going, seeing as no-one wants to post here due to there being no activity of any positive description.
Don't worry, you have 17 days to figure it all out. lol
Wait, what? Why would you say YOU have 17 days to figure it out... not WE, you. To me this says 1 thing: I'm not apart of the town, so I don't have to figure it out. Slight slip, in my opinion, and if you add it to your active lurking,

Unvote, vote ahoda

I'll be looking at Razor's meta soon... in the meantime, we should get some posting happening here people!
I thought this was Red Star, but I was wrong. The reason I thought this was word twisting was because the intention behind ahoda's post seemed fairly obvious (jokingly, saying that RS still has a while to straighten things out and gather his information), but horror's (who I though was RS) reaction tried to make the obvious joke look scummy.

The instance that I know for sure that I saw it was here:
Red Star wrote:
razorback wrote:You know, I think if ahoda isn't helping and won't replace out then we should deal with the problem. Unhelpful townies that refuse to ask for a replacement need to be handled as we would in any other game. Yes, I know it sounds scummy but anti-town players always lead to mafia wins and I would rather not have that again.
Sorry, just fixed spelling so that it's actually readable.
Ok, the last sentance really strikes me as suspicious, as he's acknowledging that the previous part seems scummy. He seems to be saying, "Ok, he's not replacing, we should just not vote for him and ignore him". This seems casting ahoda as an off-limits target.
If you read what razor said there, you can see that it wasn't anything like what RS interprets it as. The last sentence from razor is implying that saying that ahoda needed to be dealt with today seems scummy, but quitters always lead to the mafia winning, and I don't want that.

RS interprets it as him NOT wanting ahoda lynched, which is obviously wrong.

I hope you guys see what I'm seeing.

Also, I want to clarify one thing: I did not want to lynch Kranix. I wanted to pressure him into posting with our votes (I thought I said that numerous times?). The last thing on my mind was straight up lynching him.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Leafsnail »

That's probably just misreading rather than misrepping. And razorback's last sentence doesn't really make sense with regards to the rest of that post anyway.
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:35 am

Post by razorback »

just because i'm trying too get lylo doesn't mean i'm not scum hunting. i'm working fing lurking player's to help question that is a scummy assessment to made. you think i'm doing you pay so litte attention to what i have been working on..........
Nathan Hale

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:57 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count XII:

[4] razorback - (Red Star, Leafsnail, kelikar, horrordude0215)

[1] Red Star - (popsofctown)
[0] ahoda - ()
[0] Exilon - ()
[0] keikar - ()
[0] Kranix - ()
[0] skerterg - ()
[0] popsofctown - ()
[0] Leafnsail - ()
[0] horrordude0215 - ()

[4]
Not voting
- (Exilon, mask man, skerterg, razorback)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements:

Proddable:
Exilon

Being Prodded:
mask man

Sorry I didn't post a vote count yesterday!

^ not my cat

Last edited by KittyMo on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by mask man »

Heh, waited to see if anyone used new guy(me) as deflection or to ventilate heat on them. Nobody was really under pressure other then lurkers anyway. Here dogs, I made this right when I replaced in. Only skimmed topic but got most of it down, FYI I tend to post bare minimum but in large chunks until 7-5p or so.

Code: Select all

ahoda 
skerterg 
Kranix (mask man)
kelikar 
Exilon 
Red Star 
horrordude0215 (SE) 
razorback (SE) 
popsofctown (IC) 

FIRST IMPRESSIONS-

ahoda - noob. Cannot read or type, cannot anylize correctly, sad failure. I am sorry if this seems a bit harsh. Can we get this little guy a replacement?
skerterg - no real read, I just skimmed the topic and paid attention to whatever caught my eye. This guy just came in and out of veiw.
Kranix (mask man) - I'm impressed with the many posts by Kranix. I mean, FUCK, he flooded about half the topic with his in-depth anylises. It was a shame he had to go.
kelikar - 
Exilon 
Red Star 
horrordude0215 (SE) 
razorback (SE) 
popsofctown (IC) 

Exilon votes horrordude0215
Kelikar votes popsoftown
popsoftown votes horrordude0215
Red Start votes razorback
skerterg votes Exilon
razorback votes skerterg
ahoda votes skerterg
horrordude0215 votes Exilion
==========
END OF RVS
==========
horrordude0215 votes razorback, reason - overdefensive.
Kranix fails at voting popsoftown, reason - Kranix was smoking sum weeeedz
kelikar UNvotes popsoftown, reason - taking vote from RVS back, "it bothers me"
Exilon UNvotes horrordude0215, reason - Taking vote from RVS back.
skerterg UNvotes Exilon, reason - new vote
skert votes Red Star, reason - lurking, posting in other thread
kelikar votes Kranix, reason - pressure vote.
skerterg UNvotes Red Start, reason - going afk and not wanting a vote down?
horrordude0215 UNvotes razorback, reason - new vote
horrordude0215 votes ahoda, reason - PoV slip+active lurking
Exilon votes ahoda, reason - tl;dr first time through. looks like gaint pile of agreeing with the case against him with commentary.
ahoda UNvotes skerterg, reason - new vote
ahoda votes ahoda, reason - i tink ahoda is an pritty cool guy, he selfvotes and 'e doesn't afraid of ANYTHING.
popsoftown UNvotes horrordude0215, reason - new vote
popsoftown votes ahoda, reason - General 'imploding' noob.
Exilon UNvotes ahoda, reason - Forgot about replacements? I'm sure ahoda reaching L-1 was a big factor too ofc.
horrordude0215 UNvotes ahoda, reason - new vote
horrordude0215 votes popsoftown, reason - "Seriously? You put ahoda at L-1 on page 5, basically suggesting a policy lynch on a noob?"
kelikar UNvotes Kranix, reason - "because it's not needed anymore"

Looks like I have some unfinished st00f. Only really spilling these beans due to prod. Already got my eradic post times delt with KittyMo.

I LOVE YOUR CAT <3

Thank you! The magic 8 ball even said "It is decidedly so" that my cat is the cutest cat ever. :3 ~ KittyMo
Show
The monster entered the blacksmith.
The monster became Otto the Blacksmith.
Otto the Blacksmith became the strongest man in the village.
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ
Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!

The hungry monster ate Otto from the inside out.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Kittymo is so kawaii.

Mask man, you're giving lots of info and not much analysis. That's a scumtell btw.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by skerterg »

horrordude0215--you put razorback at L-1. Are you okay with that? Before you mentioned (IIRC) that putting someone at L-1 was a gutsy move and voted for popsofctown because of it. Now you do the same. This may be a bit different, as before you stated that pops was lynching ahoda based on policy lynch, while yours is not (I think). However, I would like an explanation from you on why you should not be suspected for putting someone so close to lynch while pops should (or was).

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”