Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Post by Devotress »

But, you did not unvote icerint because you didn't believe he was scum, you unvoted him because you agreed with the notion that trying to hit another scum before him was a good idea, on the off chance his claim was truthfull.

How could he "go back to looking scummy" if you never originally believed he had stopped being scummy.

Vote Count:

Zodiark13: 9
(Devotress, FC Groningen, PranaDevil, KDub, Chronopie, Iecerint, bv310, Antifinity, wolframnhart)
Iecerint: 3
(Glork, MehPlusRawr, dramonic, JPSalazar)
PranaDevil: 3
(inHimshallibe, Starbuck, Nautilus)
Chronopie: 2
(WorseExcuse, bill1148)
Glork: 1

Not Voting:

killa seven
Zodiark13

Lynch:

11 votes.

Deadline:

May 2nd - 5:40 PM EST
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:28 pm

Post by Chronopie »

I'm not phrasing this correctly, so I'll try again: He'd dropped lower on the 'To lynch' list, until the AtG, at which point he went back up to #1. Close as I can explain without rambling.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:50 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Starbuck wrote:
On PranaDevil
PranaDevil wrote:
Starbuck wrote:How is it flimsy? Besides the flavor clearly stating it, did you not take elementary science? What happens when a lightning bolt hits ANYTHING?
That's beside the point, it's flimsy because he's claimed sodding Ramah! It hasn't been contested (and if he's lying... no, the real one shouldn't step forward until it's worth doing so), and thus he's not going to be scum in this game. Thus it's flimsy logic to focus on a good guy.
I've already stated once that I am not familiar with the flavor in this game. So you ranting on about who someone claimed is not going to help me understand where you are coming from.

It's not good to assume that just because someone hasn't been counterclaimed that they are being true. It's Day 1.

It's also not a good idea to assume that good guys are immediately good and vice versa, especially since this is a Kise game.
It's already been established (in this thread, multiple times) that Ramah is not the one, and only, lightning based character. Therefore, it goes without saying that it's probable that other lightning based characters will be in the game.

Also, not being counterclaimed doesn't mean he's being honest, true. But are you honestly suggesting we lynch people who are more inclined to be on the side of the town (based on the games at hand), purely because "OMG He's lightning, and we had a lightning attack"?

As for good guys aren't immediately good, that is true. However by the same token, the first two guys killed are both good, and one of them is a mason... a mason who would be part of a group called Avalanche in FFVII (This has been brought up before too, more often than once again, so if you've somehow missed this, you need a re-read), therefore it's relatively safe to assume (at this point) that good will be on the side of good in this game.
Your supposed "case" and "vote" on Zodiark in Post 259 lacks all stability and I'll tell you why.
PranaDevil wrote:Okay, a quick re-read of things... and Zodiark stands out to me, he came in, had a couple of posts talking about possible characters which didn't really help us any
How and why didn't it help us any?
PranaDevil wrote:followed that up with a bunch of nothing posts, and ends with what still amounts to nothing
What exactly?
PranaDevil wrote:even more so with using "OMGUS" as a reason why he would be voted by Glork.
Why?
PranaDevil wrote:Zodiark has offered us zero this entire game, but has made it "appear" like he has. That's scummy as far as I'm concerned.
Where? Do you have specific examples?
Do an ISO on Zodiark if you can't answer those for yourself... it feels like you're stretching to negate my points on Zodiark, as opposed to actually paying attention to them yourself.

But to dumb it down for you:

His posts didn't help because the only thing he really did was bang on about "possible roles" which if it achieves anything, just gives scum more options to fake claim, then followed up with a bunch of essentially nothing posts.

How and why? What? How are they nothing posts? Because he posted feck all in them
He posts what the flavour is in summary form
Answers who Larxene is
Posts a pointless post in response to a "Zodiark = town" post arguing against it, huh?
Posts "explain please" in response to another post.
and then an utterly stupid "not finding anyone scummy is scummy?" post

Is ANY of that helping us? That also amounts to half of his post count in this game thus far.

Your question regarding the Glork vote from Zodiark is nonsense and makes zero sense, actually pose a question.

As for specific examples, his entire posting history, like I say, do an ISO.
Also, did you answer this question from Wolf yet?
wolframnhart wrote:@Prana
What is the difference between Zodiarks absence and bv310? or Killa seven for that matter? Is it just the topics that each have/haven't?
Yes, I did respond to that, in fact FC responded to it first here, and I followed up with another response here, just because it quotes Antifinity doesn't mean it doesn't answer the same question.

Like I say above, examples are hardly "needed" when a quick ISO check gives everything. My case on Zodiark was his entire posting history, I'd have felt it common sense to simple fire up an ISO on him in this thread and actually look at what I was referring to, rather than expect me to link to every single one of his posts needlessly.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:14 am

Post by Starbuck »

PranaDevil wrote:It's already been established (in this thread, multiple times) that Ramah is not the one, and only, lightning based character. Therefore, it goes without saying that it's probable that other lightning based characters will be in the game.
Holy shit, it's the Master of the Obvious!

I already knew the above are you purposely trying to make me look stupid to further yourself? Because it's not working.
PranaDevil wrote:But are you honestly suggesting we lynch people who are more inclined to be on the side of the town (based on the games at hand), purely because "OMG He's lightning, and we had a lightning attack"?
Where in the hell did you get that from what I said?

Straw man much?

I never said anything about lynching anyone because they have a certain attack.

PranaDevil wrote:As for good guys aren't immediately good, that is true. However by the same token, the first two guys killed are both good, and one of them is a mason... a mason who would be part of a group called Avalanche in FFVII (This has been brought up before too, more often than once again, so if you've somehow missed this, you need a re-read), therefore it's relatively safe to assume (at this point) that good will be on the side of good in this game.
I will say again in large type for you since you seem to keep ignoring this fact.

I KNOW LITTLE TO NOTHING ABOUT THE FINAL FANTASY UNIVERSE.

I did, in fact, see that one of them flipped mason and I read all of that. So to insinuate that I didn't read it is a little too much. It's like you are trying to build a case on me with extremely flimsy reasoning.

PranaDevil wrote:Do an ISO on Zodiark if you can't answer those for yourself... it feels like you're stretching to negate my points on Zodiark, as opposed to actually paying attention to them yourself.
This is a cop out. I am asking you to further elaborate & explain your case on Zodiark. Your refusal subsequent snarkiness proves to me that you were trying to take the lazy way out.

Also, I'm asking you questions, so how am I "stretching to negate your points"? I just want you to elaborate.

PranaDevil wrote:But to dumb it down for you:
This is unnecessary and a personal insult because I never once called you dumb or stupid. I may be challenging your case, but I'm not insulting your intelligence. Cut it out.

It just seemed to me that once your previous case fell through that you decided to go back and see who would be the easiest person to get a lynch on. You seemed to content to ride out that flimsy case and with a little pressure, look! You have a very decent case on him. That's the difference between your post with your vote on Zodiark and what you just posted.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:23 am

Post by PranaDevil »

That was what I posted originally though, just in a cut down version the first time around, as there was little, to no, reason to point each post out individually, as otherwise I would have simply been linking to his entire post history.

As for not understanding the FF universe, that's fine, however, others have already elaborated on those points, which means it's pointless bringing them up now, unless you haven't read what they were saying.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:39 am

Post by Starbuck »

EDBWOP: That should be

Your refusaal AND subsequent snarkiness
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:40 am

Post by Starbuck »

PranaDevil wrote:That was what I posted originally though, just in a cut down version the first time around, as there was little, to no, reason to point each post out individually, as otherwise I would have simply been linking to his entire post history.

As for not understanding the FF universe, that's fine, however, others have already elaborated on those points, which means it's pointless bringing them up now, unless you haven't read what they were saying.
First off, did you not see that I replaced in? So therefore, I WASN'T AROUND when most of that was being discussed? Why are you making a mountain out of a molehill?

Also, there is always a reason to point out each post individually. You can keep saying that this person did this or did that, but if you don't ever provide examples then you don't have a leg to stand on.
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:13 am

Post by bill1148 »

FC Groningen wrote: The "Reduced to nothing"? Any leads on that?
If it's a summon, then my guess is Bahamut or Typhon.
WorseExcuse wrote:
Also
FOS: SETUP SPECULATORS
To broad. That would include at least half a dozen players, and that is under a strict definition of "Setup Speculation."

I don't like the fact that Zodiark is V/LA for a week, if he's been posting elsewhere. That just makes it an excuse. That said, I'm split between Prana/Iece/Zodiark. I'll make my decision later,
unvote.

@ Kise: Your vote count is slightly off. Zodiark unvoted Glork.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:27 am

Post by Starbuck »

Bill - Glork started the game with one vote on him.
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:37 am

Post by bill1148 »

On the previous page, Glork is shown with 2 votes on him. With Zodiark having voted him (now un-voted though, so the vote count should be at 1).

@ Kise: Also, I think killa seven needs a prod (if you haven't done so already).

Hopefully I didn't miss any of his posts, but his last post was at Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:41 pm
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:40 am

Post by Starbuck »

His last post was on the 13th.

Go down to the bottom below the Quick Reply box.

You will see this...

Under the All users, choose the person you want to see and then choose Newest first instead of Oldest first and then hit Go.

That's how people do what's called ISO.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:56 am

Post by dramonic »

I'd vote Zodiark, but for reason explained earlier I can't put people at L-1 without running the risk of killing them.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:17 am

Post by Chronopie »

Was this the elemental Super-vote kinda thing? I'm assuming that you were asking about
water
orientation in particular bc lightning would be a ?double vote? vs water?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:22 am

Post by dramonic »

Yeah, it's the element super-vote thingy.
It's only on water that my vote is different, AFAIK. Then again I have a weakness section in my PM too, so maybe someone who isn't water is weak to electricity, like the machines in most FF.
So I'm not gonna take the risk until I hear a claim, but I'd vote him otherwise.
Also, it's not a DV, it's a decrease in the person's vote thresold while I'm on them. Same effect all in all.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:22 am

Post by Chronopie »

bc If he's water element he's not at L-2.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:25 am

Post by Chronopie »

^Thats a water-element hardclaim people. Not 100% sure how element voting works, but afaik water voting water is effectively a null-vote.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:27 am

Post by Chronopie »

@Dram, do me a favour and don't vote me k

I like my normal vote threshold.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:27 am

Post by dramonic »

He's at L-2, if he's water and I vote him he'll be at L-0 after my vote and effect resolve.
Unless that was a softclaim.
AND it doesnt solve his potential weaknesses unaffiliated with me.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:27 am

Post by dramonic »

Ah.
But what makes you think he's resistant to his own element?
I'm a hoot
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:28 am

Post by Chronopie »

my role pm.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:29 am

Post by Chronopie »

my role pm said something about absorption.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:29 am

Post by dramonic »

ah, fair enough.
I'm a hoot
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:31 am

Post by Chronopie »

If the mod would co-operate, we could element massclaim and verify.

ofc it would require frequent vote counts.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:49 am

Post by Chronopie »

Just thinking... scratch the mass claim idea, too much variability.

@Dram, we overlooked the possibility of another lightning player having already voted zodiark, that would nullify my null-vote for a L-2 and not tell us anything.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:09 am

Post by dramonic »

dramonic wrote:AND it doesnt solve his potential weaknesses unaffiliated with me.
You overlooked it, I didnt :P
I'm a hoot

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”