NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:06 am

Post by NavyCherub »

The votes on Mal are probably bolded because there is a tie for most votes and Mal would be lynched if it was deadline right now, since his wagon has existed longest.

Pitt: In 89, why don't you attack Cobalt for doing the same thing (but worse) as Jack? In 93, are you really admitting to preferring that people post fluff...?

Jack, at this point I think you're overreacting way more than UK did.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:11 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

gonna be V/LA as usual until Sunda evening, this game is at flying pace atm... so will try and check in sa much as possible.
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:13 am

Post by Pittbunny »

I was more or less OMGUSing Jack, and was kind of ignoring Cobalt's posts as a whole.
And yes, I like that people post fluff. It makes me feel better in that we're not just a bunch of people who A. Overanalyze everything B. Are the village idiots C. Are secretly overanalyzing everything while pretending to be a village idiot.

I understand the whole incentive to grind mafiatheory down to a science, I just don't like the meta-posting implications.
"Not exactly related to the topic as a whole but what's the deal with putting quotes in your signature that have no relevance to your own life?" - Ythan

Jesters are also Decade's fault. ONORE DECADE!
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 am

Post by Pittbunny »

EDIT: Way for me to use OMGUS wrong. But yes, I was ignoring Cobalt.
"Not exactly related to the topic as a whole but what's the deal with putting quotes in your signature that have no relevance to your own life?" - Ythan

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Jack »

NavyCherub wrote:
So UK was being overly defensive when accused, and I was being overly agressive in questioning her about that.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:18 am

Post by NavyCherub »

Jack wrote:So UK was being overly defensive when accused, and I was being overly agressive in questioning her about that.
Si.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:19 am

Post by Jack »

NavyCherub wrote:
Jack wrote:So UK was being overly defensive when accused, and I was being overly agressive in questioning her about that.
Si.
Ok. But it's not clear what your opinion about it is then. The thought is unfinished.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:20 am

Post by Twomz »

Do we want to make an attempt at lynching the mod or does anyone else think that just might make a no-lynch? It's good to know that we can vote for him though... I guess.

I'm waiting for Fate to post before I put any serious thought into who might be a good day 1 lynch.

Also, after I get off work today (in about an hour and forty-five minutes) I'll be driving a while to visit family for the weekend. I should still have internet access, but I don't know how often or when I'll be able to get on.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:23 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Pittbunny wrote:I was more or less OMGUSing Jack, and was kind of ignoring Cobalt's posts as a whole.
Not sure I like that.. yes his posts have been short as hell with no substance. But you should never ignore anyones posts on mafia. it can take away from helping to identifying scum.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:24 am

Post by NavyCherub »

Twomz: no lynching the mod please.

Jack: I specifically called you out because yours seemed suspicious to me, since you were reacting like that to something I don't think was even worth mentioning; it wasn't exactly scummy, and it wasn't hurting the town for UK to respond to a vote with no (clearly stated) reasoning, even if UK responded in a way I don't think was the most pro-town in the world.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:25 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Well, it's something I do, Jack ^-^.

Why should I value the opinion of people who are wrong?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Pittbunny »

The obvious example? If everyone else thinks they're right and you're going to get lynched for it.

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:38 am

Well, I only know they are wrong in one case ^-^. So, if they are demonstrating wrongness on the one fact I know, I think it's fair to generalize them being wrong in general til they decide to be right ^-^.

And I never get lynched, not til D3 anyway. Would you like to start a wagon on me?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:40 am

Post by Jack »

UncertainKitten wrote:Well, it's something I do, Jack ^-^.

Why should I value the opinion of people who are wrong?
So if you are town, if someone accuses you, their opinion is worthless, and it's ok to us whatever scummy tactics you can think of in response?

NavyCherub wrote:Twomz: no lynching the mod please.

Jack: I specifically called you out because yours seemed suspicious to me, since you were reacting like that to something I don't think was even worth mentioning; it wasn't exactly scummy, and it wasn't hurting the town for UK to respond to a vote with no (clearly stated) reasoning, even if UK responded in a way I don't think was the most pro-town in the world.
There's still a gap here though, where you say you found something suspicious, and then say what it was that you found suspicious, and don't say why you found what it was that you found suspicious, suspicious.

I don't think it's relevant that UK wasn't "hurting the town" (no more than it's relevant that it has "negligible benefit for scum" like she brought up). I'm not sure how hurting the town even comes into it, and scum often do things that don't benefit them.

Do you think I'm suspicious because you don't agree with me that UK is suspicious?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Twomz »

UncertainKitten wrote:And I never get lynched, not til D3 anyway. Would you like to start a wagon on me?
I was about to remove my random vote and try to find someone who looked scummy enough to get a wagon going on... but I can't refuse a challenge. Who's with me?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:45 am

Define scummy, Jack ^-^

As for scum doing things that don't benefit them, then how am I being scummy?

Please, explain for me how not hurting the town is scummy?

Also,
Unvote, Vote Twomz

I love opportunists ^-^.

Why the above was scummy:
Decides to ignore scumminess instead taking a "challenge"
No indication that twomz thinks I'm scum (idk, maybe he thinks it's implied, so maybe he should explain it?)
A subtle "Hey, I can get the town on my side while perpetuating a mislynch" that reeks throughout that post.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:47 am

Post by Jack »

unvote, vote:UK

Do an analysis of my vote too.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:49 am

Let's see...

I'm thinking...that you are just being a...
*puts on sunglasses*
truculent JACKass

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~!
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:51 am

Post by Cobalt »

more UK votes now
willing to go to a lynch
hatersgonnahate.gif
CJMiller
CJMiller
he
Goon
CJMiller
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:56 am

Post by CJMiller »

Unvote

Vote forbiddanlight
per above and for changing name with no good reason.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:58 am

Post by NavyCherub »

Jack wrote:There's still a gap here though, where you say you found something suspicious, and then say what it was that you found suspicious, and don't say why you found what it was that you found suspicious, suspicious.
It is suspicious because it would be beneficial, as scum, to attack as you did to something that deserves either a small questioning or not much attention at all (at least right now).

And yeah, it was an attack because you used hot words that didn't really fit the situation, most prominently "you
insist
that cobalt is wrong," to make the post you were referring to look worse than it was. Read UK's post again. Did she really
insist
anything?
I don't think it's relevant that UK wasn't "hurting the town" (no more than it's relevant that it has "negligible benefit for scum" like she brought up). I'm not sure how hurting the town even comes into it, and scum often do things that don't benefit them.
Then what, exactly, is relevant here?
Do you think I'm suspicious because you don't agree with me that UK is suspicious?
No, I think you're suspicious for the way you went about saying UK was suspicious, not the fact that you think she is suspicious.

Unvote, vote Jack
Pittbunny
Pittbunny
Goon
Pittbunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:59 am

Post by Pittbunny »

Vote UK

For pulling a Caruso so soon after I linked to Caruso.

Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Twomz »

Your reaction to my vote cements it firmly in place ;).

Also, overused meme is overused.
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Cobalt »

pitt and cjmiller are bussing uk, nice
hatersgonnahate.gif
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Jack »

NavyCherub wrote:
Jack wrote:There's still a gap here though, where you say you found something suspicious, and then say what it was that you found suspicious, and don't say why you found what it was that you found suspicious, suspicious.
It is suspicious because it would be beneficial, as scum, to attack as you did to something that deserves either a small questioning or not much attention at all (at least right now).
Not particularly. And the beneficial to town/scum (or the "doesn't help town/scum) line isn't very useful.
And yeah, it was an attack because you used hot words that didn't really fit the situation, most prominently "you
insist
that cobalt is wrong," to make the post you were referring to look worse than it was. Read UK's post again. Did she really
insist
anything?
She said cobalt was wrong once again, and that it wasn't surprising because [link to your post about cobalt], implying that cobalt is always wrong. That's pretty strong.
Then what, exactly, is relevant here?
You really like the "hurting/beneficial" line huh? Scum are trying to do "beneficial" things remember. What's relevant is my gut. i.e. you have to decide whether someone doing something beneficial is really trying to help the town, or just trying to look like it, and whether someone hurting the town is doing so for scummy reasons, or for one of the many reasons townies do it.

No, I think you're suspicious for the way you went about saying UK was suspicious, not the fact that you think she is suspicious.

Unvote, vote Jack
This was your initial reaction to the discussion at hand:
It doesn't sound particularly concerned. It's more of a "oh you two and your arguing" post.

It seems like you've been working your way up to this vote, which is what scum often do because they don't really suspect the person.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”