Newbie 937 ~ Mafia Lite [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

I find razorback's posting style absolutely hilarious.

Does anyone else?

Skertberg's case is decent, and horrordude's defense is decent. Meh.

Thread needs more redstar, I want to read him more.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Red Star »

Razorback, tell me, when have I done more damage to the town than you? You've made some really stupid statements, voted someone without a case on them, have a writing style that's absolutely god-damned impossible to read and you spend more time clarifying and defending yourself than you do trying to actually scumhunt.

Exilion, I'll get around to answering your points, it's just that now I'm in a rush in the morning, I'll post in around 10-ish hours.
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:57 am

Post by razorback »

@ redstar i have deffrent plan here then you know i've been looking into your meta redstar. i know what playstyle your useing against us here. just had to look in the archives to find it.

so now on to business this is your one of a kind scum meta. and the only difference is as a townie you don't cause as much chaos. it hard to believe i have missed that much in so little time.
Nathan Hale

I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Exilon »

Seriously? Razorback is not helping. At all. And although it (his playstyle) doesn't really confuse me, it leaves me hanging a little too close to the edge.

What should I think from a player who doesn't try to defend himself from the accusation that he is lying, votes a player after being asked why he hadn't voted when he had said "I believe he is without doubt scum" and then admits he has no case and that he is going to build one, and provides absolutely no support for his vote? (and never addresses my point, even after I asked)

That's inconsistency all over... Razorback, as I stated before, if you don't even defend yourself, how are we supposed to believe you are not scum?

the only reason I'm not voting yet is because I want to hear from you on that matter (if you don't say anything, fine), and because Red Star only unvoted to prevent a quicklynch; which is a situation I don't want to risk as well, specially not before hearing everyone's thoughts.
Feels like I've been here before.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Exilon »

sorry, got ninja'd. My point still stands, but I'm going to ask the following then:

@Razorback: Tell us what games have you checked and what made you see that. Show us, to help us see what you see.
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:28 am

Post by razorback »

simple i'm a townie who's beliefs in fellow town members is something to behold. it my belief that they will trust in my judgements even if i fail to come up with a case.
Nathan Hale

Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

Uh, how is he causing chaos at the moment? Seriously... and your motive seems to be all over the place.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think Razorback might actually be too scummy to be scum. Some people don't believe in that, but I'm starting to.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by skerterg »

horrordude0215 wrote:I'm going to say this again... I saw a slipup in ahoda's vote and pressured him for it. Even you agreed that his constant ignoring of my comments/questions were scummy... why don't you still think this?
Well, I believe my main argument then was that he ignored your main points. I still think THAT part is scummy. However, the very beginning was started by your pointing out that he used the word "you" instead of "we." I really don't think it was that big a deal, just a small slip, so now looking back it seems like you are just looking for stuff to nitpick on. Unless you just wanted to start discussion, which is good. However, the possibility that you were looking for an early bandwagon also remains, at least in my mind.
Why are you including Leafsnail in your possible teams?
I did say it was the crazy thought of the week. It was more for fun speculation than something with actual substance. Just because I don't suspect someone doesn't mean I won't consider him as part of a team (e.g. Exilon). Don't take them too strongly; they are for discussion only. Also, I chose not to focus on Leafsnail because I don't see him as that scummy. Basically, it was "I'm ignoring him for now and focusing on you and kelikar." He (Leafsnail, not ahoda) also has a shorter vote history than either of you two.

To razorback: Your points don't really make logical sense. Especially this:
razorback wrote:it my belief that they will trust in my judgements even if i fail to come up with a case.
The thing is, razor, we don't. Not at all. Though I can only speak for myself, I suspect all of us want a solid case (or at least a coherent one) before we trust your judgments. If you are so sure, or if you have this great case, it does not help the town one bit if you do not express it clearly.

I still hold that it is razorback's style that makes him seem scummy, not his actual content. Now, you could argue that his voting for Red Star without a case when he was pressured to is content, and so on, but I feel it is his style. And if he is scum, who is his buddy? I think we should keep that in mind.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count XIV:

[3] razorback - (Leafsnail, kelikar, horrordude0215)

[2] Red Star - (popsofctown, razorback)
[1] horrordude0215 - (skerterg)
[0] ahoda - ()
[0] Exilon - ()
[0] keikar - ()
[0] Kranix - ()
[0] skerterg - ()
[0] popsofctown - ()
[0] Leafnsail - ()

[3]
Not voting
- (Exilon, mask man, Red Star)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

Will be handled tomorrow since I am posting from my phone right now. Thanks & sorry!
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by Red Star »

Exilion wrote:ow, let's see here. To remind, pops adressed Red Star's posts after and commented, "I think Red Star is pot-stirring while trying not to stick his neck out. I've got my eye on him.", FoS'ing him; Red Star does answer that that is because he's not trying to raise suspicions, but rather get discussion going.
But why would a person who wants to get discussion going retract upon my comment about his initial " possible suspicion"? Sure, it was a joke - but how does "maybe you are suspicious" "why?" "it was a joke, nevermind" contribute to get discussion going? Simply put, it doesn't; and that doesn't make much sense. It's like, if we follow what he said, he was trying to start discussion with the REST of the players but himself. Also, to notice, is that he didn't answer anything I posted after his first quote.
Not "why is it suspicious?" nor "have you noticed there's someone else with two people on them?". I do point that out briefly after it (Ps91:"Err... ok? I find that slightly wrong... but... "), but that's when Ahoda comes in, and suddenly that's where the focus is.

Ok just to make sure that you know what I'm refering to; I'm refering to the part about how the joke contributed to discussion (or didn't) and that it's hypocritical. This was really stupid on my part, and I must admit that as a human being not everything I post is perfect. However, seeing as it was the beginning of the game and discussion is now occuring, I personally think that it isn't that important and slightly useless now, because we are talking.

As for Razorback, I have discovered his plan. It is to make the town infinitely stupider reading his posts, depriving them of all sanity and reason, as well as commiting murder to the English language to prevent us from conversing in it. I think. It's hard to tell, he's too erratic. In all honesty, I don't consider him a great source of reason or help, he's more like an obstacle that the town regularly needs to overcome in order to function properly.
In all seriousness, I'd actually like to know what 'meta' you've found on me?
Cthulhu wrote:one of a kind scum meta
This quote screams stupid at me in every language in the known universe. What is this 'meta' you speak of? If it's one of a kind, how do you know it's scum? Why should town believe that you've discovered some deep, mystical posting pattern when you fail to present your findings and you're incapable of stringing a coherent sentance together?
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Tbh I find razorback hilarious and wish we could not lynch him just so I could watch him post more.
"Well, I..."
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:11 am

Post by Red Star »

Pops, instead of commenting that razorback's posting style is hilarious, could you actually contribute your opinions of the situation? For instance, who do you think is acting the scummiest in the game so far?
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:27 am

Post by razorback »

Red Star wrote:Why don't you want to answer the questions, eh? It makes you look incredibly suspicious, especially considering the complete lack of sense in your post. Denying information to the town only hurts town.
Please answer the questions, razor.
(also, hate to be a grammar/spelling Nazi, but please...)

skerterg wrote:
Unvote Red Star

Sorry everyone, but i might not be able to post for the next two days, depending on whether the place I'm heading to will have internet. It most likely will, but just in case it doesn't I'm giving you this warning. Thanks!
Red Star wrote:Ugh, slow discussion. Scum, do something stupid so that we can identify you!

I find it amusing (and possibly slightly suspicious) that two of the most active players have their vote on horrordude.
Red Star wrote:Exilon, it was a joke intended to get discussion going, seeing as no-one wants to post here due to there being no activity of any positive description.
Red Star wrote:@pops: That's because I'm not actually trying to raise suspicions, I'm trying to get discussion going. Without discussion, the best we can do is hope for a lucky random lynch. Which I think is stupid. I'm trying to get people to start talking, so we can actually figure out who seems to be acting the most scummy.
Speak up, lurkers
Red Star wrote:He's not pointing out the number of days, he's pointing out the distinction of:
"we, the town, together will find the scum"
to
"you, the town, not including me, will find the scum"

Although it just equally could be directed at me, seeing as he was directing it at my "Get discussion going" post. So I think jumping onto a vote isn't the smartest idea.

Red Star wrote:
ahoda wrote:
Red Star wrote:Exilon, it was a joke intended to get discussion going, seeing as no-one wants to post here due to there being no activity of any positive description.
Don't worry, you have 17 days to figure it all out. lol
Notice how my post was directly preceding his post? I'm saying that there is the possibility that he slipped up and gave a reveal of his inner scumminess, but there is also the probability that he was just referring to me trying to get discussion going.

That's what I meant.
Red Star wrote:No, we make sense, because we analyse what everybody says and try to figure out who is scum. The reason why we say something is scummy, is because it is. Also, not contributing to helping the town figure out who is scum is just as bad.

Red Star wrote:Instead of lynching ahoda and possibly hitting a townie, why not just replace him, seeing as he doesn't seem to want to play? It's far safer than just lynching him, ending the day early and giving us absolutely no information at all?
Red Star wrote:
razorback wrote:You know, I think if ahoda isn't helping and won't replace out then we should deal with the problem. Unhelpful townies that refuse to ask for a replacement need to be handled as we would in any other game. Yes, I know it sounds scummy but anti-town players always lead to mafia wins and I would rather not have that again.
Sorry, just fixed spelling so that it's actually readable.
Ok, the last sentence really strikes me as suspicious, as he's acknowledging that the previous part seems scummy. He seems to be saying, "Ok, he's not replacing, we should just not vote for him and ignore him". This seems casting ahoda as an off-limits target.
razorback wrote:True, I'm very hard to get to come forward because I come off as sounding scummy most of the time. I have to explain myself more often then not so, I have to watch what I say and do my very best when I play to help, which is hard for me because I'm not very good at it.
You seem to be saying "Ignore all my scummy actions, it's me being insecure and unable to properly express myself". This seems like a poor excuse, I think.

Skerterg, I like your long post. When I stop being lazy I'll get to ISOing everybody, by tomorrow at the latest.

Red Star wrote:Sorry about inactivity, I've just been lazy. Within 24 hours I'll post an ISO on everyone to make up for my laziness.
Red Star wrote:
Unvote

The last thing that I want is for someone to be lynched before the deadline.
Red Star wrote:
Exilion wrote:Of all the reasons you could have given to unvote, this is your reason?
....Well.... could you please clarify it? As it is right now, I can't help but read it as: "I want for people to be lynched because of the deadline".

Also, I remind you that there's some points you still haven't discussed and that me and Pops have brought up. Even if it was a while I ago, I'd like to mention that you never touched them; while keeping your attention focused on Ahoda.
At the moment, it is almost a week before the deadline. I do not want a player to be lynched while there is still discussion possible; the more information, the better. Had I not unvoted, someone may have come in with a hammer, and ended discussion prematurely. That's why I unvoted.

Which points are these, sorry? I must have missed them, could you quote them for me?

you will have to for give the wall text it part of my chaos theory on Redstar and all he has been doing to twist everyone's words….. I don't have anything to say und er his post I think they speak for themselves…………. :o :o :o :o :o
Nathan Hale

razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:27 am

Post by razorback »

double post blah blah blah
~Kitty
Nathan Hale

razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:29 am

Post by razorback »

double post blah blah

~KittyMo
Nathan Hale

Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:52 am

Post by Red Star »

You haven't actually made an argument, you've just quoted a bunch of posts and said that it speaks for itself. I'd like an explanation of:
a) What the hell we're meant to be looking at
b) What your argument is
c) This 'meta' that you keeping talking about.

Instead of just stringing a bunch of seperate quotes together, could you actually make a coherent argument and explain why you think I'm scum, instead of trying to accuse me without any case?
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:26 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Red Star wrote:Pops, instead of commenting that razorback's posting style is hilarious, could you actually contribute your opinions of the situation?
^ This.

@Razor... what the hell are you talking about with your 2 posts? All you seem to have done is string together a bunch of posts that have no relevance or connection to any sort of case... an explanation would be nice.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:35 am

Post by razorback »

i didn't have time to prove my ponit and i can't find time if you looked close enough at his post you could see all he has been doing. but i seem to be the only one that can see as for his meta i haven't had time to look it back up. i've been watching my nephew so i don't have a lot of time time to come here and do much.
Nathan Hale

Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Red Star »

If you can't find time to prove your point, then your argument is invalid
because you haven't got an argument!

You've also avoided several points. For instance:
Exilion wrote:Tell us what games have you checked and what made you see that. Show us, to help us see what you see.
skerterg wrote:If you are so sure, or if you have this great case, it does not help the town one bit if you do not express it clearly.
Red Star wrote:What is this 'meta' you speak of? If it's one of a kind, how do you know it's scum? Why should town believe that you've discovered some deep, mystical posting pattern when you fail to present your findings and you're incapable of stringing a coherent sentance together?
Red Star wrote: I'd like an explanation of:
b) What your argument is

Instead of just stringing a bunch of seperate quotes together, could you actually make a coherent argument and explain why you think I'm scum, instead of trying to accuse me without any case?

Answer these points that you've been avoiding.
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:52 am

Post by razorback »

Red Star wrote:If you can't find time to prove your point, then your argument is invalid
because you haven't got an argument!

You've also avoided several points. For instance:
Exilion wrote:Tell us what games have you checked and what made you see that. Show us, to help us see what you see.
skerterg wrote:If you are so sure, or if you have this great case, it does not help the town one bit if you do not express it clearly.
Red Star wrote:What is this 'meta' you speak of? If it's one of a kind, how do you know it's scum? Why should town believe that you've discovered some deep, mystical posting pattern when you fail to present your findings and you're incapable of stringing a coherent sentance together?
Red Star wrote: I'd like an explanation of:
b) What your argument is

Answer these points that you've been avoiding.

well the ponit your lloking at is you have been making stupid useless jokes. and you have been twisting evryones words around incluseing my own. and that in the mist of everything you mange to tuyn people eyes's form you to me at all time . i have been watching learning your meta. and all you scum tricks you could hide from a normal townie but not from me i'm looking for not only slips but for scum that hate the lime light like you do. and you aslo seem to like to be lazy and dissappper for pages at a time i have on at least four pages.

so now things seem to be back in court but not only are you scum but a lurker as well and i like to give chase to lurkers.
Nathan Hale

razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by razorback »

i'm sorry but the game i'm talking about is still in progress and i can't give you the link.... or well i could be wiped out again and well it's not worth it to do it.
Nathan Hale

razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by razorback »

i'm sorry but the game i'm talking about is still in progress and i can't give you the link.... or well i could be wiped out again and well it's not worth it to do it.
Nathan Hale

Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Red Star »

a) I fail to see these 'stupid, useless jokes', I seem to remember only making one of them.
b) I haven't twisted anybody's words. I may have misread and misunderstood one post, tops.
c) The reason that people are now focussing on you is because you've accused someone and voted them without a case, and when pressured for a case you say that you don't have one. Also, when you try to make a case, it's an illogical string of random quotes which have no relation to each other.
d) I've been in only two games here, so I fail to see what meta you are talking about. You keep mentioning this 'meta' as if it is a repellent, kinda like "
THE POWER OF BULLCRAP COMPELS YOU!
". Also, if you've had so much time to analyse my every single post, why don't you have enough time to actually make a coherent argument, or at least use a spell checker (seriously, it would make you at least seem like you care)?
e) I agree, you are not a normal townie. You are completely and utterly insane, the being void of all reason
f) Hate the limelight? I fail to see any limelight. We've been having discussion. By your own 'argument', you are scum, because you 'hate the limelight'.
g) What. You say that I'm lurking, but then immediatley state that you too have been doing this. How does this make me any more scummy than you?

Your argument makes no sense.
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by Exilon »

Ok, that is enough for me.
I'm ready to vote.

Does anyone have anything they want to say?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”