Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:03 am

Post by Someone »

I don't see how you can dissagree that Pb's role is fakeable by a mafia. Sure, he might be telling the truth, but there's just as much of a chance that he's running a mafia ploy.

Any last words?
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
The Shadow
The Shadow
knows
The Shadow
knows
knows

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:42 am

Post by The Shadow »

Someone wrote:Any last words?
Is that directed at me?
Corpses designed with you in mind
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:53 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Vote count, seven to lynch, four to lynch at deadline Wednesday 8PM GMT:

The Shadow 6 (LML, TSS, MeMe, Nox, inHimshallibe, CA)
Mikehart
inHimshallibe 2 (Leonidas, Fuldu)
Nanook 2 (The Shadow, Peacebringer)
Leonidas 1 (Nanook)

Not voting: 1
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:01 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Unvote: Leonidas, Vote: TheShadow
I swore I had done this already.

Yes, I know that this is the lynching vote, and am ok with giving it.
The Shadow
The Shadow
knows
The Shadow
knows
knows

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:11 pm

Post by The Shadow »

<sigh> Good luck, town. You're going to need it. :(
Corpses designed with you in mind
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:13 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

There goes The Shadow. Mercilessly kicked out. Too bad you just got rid of the charming Faeriefire. Antoher townie gone.

Night falls, get choices in latest Sunday 8PM GMT.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:32 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

The sound of an ambulance rushing in first thing in the morning is starting to get too familiar. The victim this time is Fuldu. Poor Nonny, all she really wanted was to chat with people at night, even if that meant that they could not do anything else. You are down one role blocker and down to ten players. Six votes for a lynch.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:17 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Yesterday I was sure that at least one of The Shadow and inHimshallibe were mafia, and I stand by that. The Shadow was not mafia.
Vote: inHimshallibe

I notice that at the end of the day, there were two townies with votes, one maf and Nanook; one townie had a maf on his bandwagon, the two not-confirmed-townie had only townies, and the other townie had only Nanook -- no one solidly in the townie camp. I would be as happy with a Nanook lynch today.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:25 am

Post by MeMe »

I'd like to hear PeaceBringer's results (if he took a trip) before voting today. It'd be quite a help to be able to compare two visions as my interpretation of the first was favorable.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:48 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Tss wrote:I would be as happy with a Nanook lynch today.
All that I can say in my defense from yesterday is that The shadow and I were just victims of Townie vs Townie conflict. There really isn't anything more to it besides the reasoning we used yesterday to try and get each other lynched.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:35 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

We've got an even number here. What do we think about voting no lynch? Save that for tomorrow? How many scum do we think are left? If there are four left, we should go no lynch today.

1. Someone - MatthewV
3. NanookTheWolf - Pookie
4. MeMe - mith
7. LoudmouthLee -?

12. PeaceBringer - Hey_Herb
14. Leonidas - ?

16. inHimshallibe - jeep
17. Commodore Amazing - Cadmium
18. the silent speaker - ?

20. Nox - Polarboy

Everyone's got an eye on inHimshallibe, right? So inHim, please explain why we shouldn't lynch you. I would have liked to have vigged you last night, but I didn't know if you were worth keeping around.

Curious to hear from both MeMe and PeaceBringer...
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:42 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

[quote="DP in the main page, bolding and alterations, however, are mine]Still partying (10/20):
1. Someone

3. NanookTheWolf

4. MeMe
7. LoudmouthLee
12. PeaceBringer
14. Leonidas
16. inHimshallibe
17. Commodore Amazing
18. the silent speaker
20. Nox

Left the party (10 )
8. HezLucky (Big_Kahunia, townie, off to the hospital, shotwound)
6. PBug (Ataraxy, townie, evicted by the party-goers)
11. Olio (Foolster, townie, off to the hospital, lost eyes)
9. Vesuvan (Phoebus, townie, off to the hospital, shotwound)
5. The Shadow (Faeriefire, townie, evicted by the party-goers) [/quote]

My concern is the following. #1) A whole lot of people have claimed "townie". Right now, there are 3 alive. It seems... odd... to me... that DP would have a total of
townies in a game... especially a game of 20 people.

In my humble opinion, as of right now...

My thoughts on the people who are left (I'll include myself)

1. Someone - Claimed Townie. Has lurked his way after that. Possibility of scum - 75%
3. NanookTheWolf - Claimed townie, misspelled Pooky / Pookie. Possibility of scum - 50% (i find the fact that pooky is misspelled to be helpful rather than damaging)
4. MeMe - I believe the claim of Mith. Seems to have a nice pro-town power ATM. Possibility of scum - Slim and None.
7. LoudmouthLee - Fought had for the Axel lynch, and is not scum, trust me on this one. Chance of scum - 0%
12. PeaceBringer - Visions could just be a farce, but nailed InHim to be Jeep. More on inHim later, but is possible that they are BOTH scum together. Chance of Scum - 50%
14. Leonidas - So far, so good... assumed power role, and also fought for Axel's death. Chance of scum - 15-20%
16. inHimshallibe - Probably scum. Jeep and Antrax could be in cahoots. Chance of scum, 80%
17. Commodore Amazing - probably pro-town, definately a killing entity. Could be a second SK, but i doubt it. Chance of scum, 15%
18. the silent speaker - Played like a pro-town maven this entire time. Chance of scum, 10%
20. Nox - Townie claim, dropped off the face of the earth, chance of scum - 75%

So, with that, i'll
Vote: InHim
. and
FoS: Nox and Someone
and couple that with
IGMEOYs for PB and Nanook

All for reasons outlined above. I'm sure we'll have at least 2 scum in this lot.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:13 am

Post by MeMe »

Commodore Amazing wrote:Curious to hear from both MeMe and PeaceBringer...
I can fill in a role name for a player who's not yet claimed and, as yesterday, confirm another as being who (s)he says (s)he is.

The name I found could, in my opinion, go either way -- I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to just say it aloud to see what everyone thinks.

First, however, I'd really like to hear from PB. If you didn't take a trip,
don't make us wait to hear that
. If you did but don't want to post here yet and use up your only post of the day...well...I'm not sure what to do about that. But I'll repeat: a comparison of PB's trips would really help us. Basically, inHim's under suspicion for
being
jeep -- not because the reported vision showed anything scummy about him.

It's my opinion that if PeaceBringer did trip he should go ahead and place a vote when he posts. We might
need
it -- and if we end up lynching someone other than his votee, well that's no worse than him not voting at all.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:19 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Commodore, four scum left would mean we started with a five-person mafia, which is ridiculously huge for a game this size. A four-man group is not out of the question, but there's no need to no-lynch when inHim is the next best to a sure thing.

Lee, I agree for the most part with your opinions but swap Nanook and Someone's probabilities. Someone was willing to contribute to his own deadline lynch; I really can't see scum being willing to roll those dice when simply
not
rolling them works just as well (seldom indeed is a person scummy for not wanting to die).
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:06 am

I very strongly think two of our scum are Someone and NanookTheWolf.

vote: NanookTheWolf

He has claimed vanilla townie. All the townies that have come up so far have been people who were not at jeepfest. HezLucky, Foolster, Ataraxy, and Phoebus weren't there (as far as I know; I'm working off this: https://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/jeepfest). Why would Pooky be in this group?

Look at our power roles so far: Talitha, nonny, mackay, (Cadmium if you believe me, mith if you believe MeMe, Hey_Herb if you believe PeaceBringer). Participants at jeepfest. Why are all these roles, but Pooky is just a townie?
Dragon Phoenix wrote:The player names are a mix of names of people who will attend the actual party and other well-known names from one (or both) of the two sites.
Several of the actual participants of JeepFest are left out of the players, something the baddies are aware of.
Nanook has used the safe claim that he was given, but he claimed it was just vanilla townie. From the wiki, it looks like Pooky was having a pretty good time there, playing Risk and all. Doesn't seem like a vanilla townie to me.

As for Nox and Someone, Polarboy is a non-attendee, as far as I know. I'll let Nox slide for now. MatthewV was actually at jeepfest. Someone claimed vanilla townie.
Huge FoS: Someone

If we trust PeaceBringer, inHimshallibe is probably jeep, so he's probably clean.

If this theory holds, we have some pretty clean people:
Me
MeMe
PeaceBringer
inHimshallibe

MeMe has investigated one other person; hopefully PeaceBringer has done this as well. Between the two of them, we should be able to find out who Leonidas, LoudmouthLee, and the silent speaker are. I'm inclined to think LoudmouthLee is okay at this point. It's his suggestion that there were too many vanilla townies that made me come up with this theory.

We should definitely lynch Nanook to see if this theory holds water. We're in really good shape if it does.
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:31 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

I did in fact take a trip last night. I was waiting a bit to get a feel on who to vote. I will again
vote Nanook

I tripped on Nox-

here is what I saw

first of all was sparkles of electricty

then vast ranges of snow then ice

next is an apparently large translucent animal who apparently was strutting

I here rock music at first distorted but I eventually recognize it as U2, the song is I will follow and I started humming along.
The last thing is a human shape which is just sitting still.

Apparently Nox claimed Townie- I have no idea how to intepret this stuff
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:37 am

Ah, crap. Just realized Hez_Lucky was BK, not the other way around. My theory might be way off now.

unvote: NanookTheWolf

PeaceBringer's vision may confirm "Polarboy." I really wish he had tripped on someone whose role we didn't know yet.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:20 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Commodore Amazing wrote:If this theory holds, we have some pretty clean people:
Me
MeMe
PeaceBringer
inHimshallibe
I can see how you got Peacebringer as a confirmed, but am a little struck as how you got Meme and Inhim. Meme might have done something to prove herself that I overlooked, but I know that Inhim has done nothing more then prove that he is Jeep. How does that make him clean? Jeep easily could be mafia, just because he isn't lying about what his role name is, doesn't mean he isn't mafia.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:21 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

PeaceBringer's vision may confirm "Polarboy." I really wish he had tripped on someone whose role we didn't know yet.
Which unearths suspicion on him again.

I've been assigned a fairly long and difficult paper to write; it's doubtful I'll be of
much
use until Thursday. I'll try on my little mental recesses.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:16 am

Even though big_kahunia was a townie, I still don't think that Pooky would be just a townie. This could change based on inHimshallibe's claim.

MeMe, I'd like to know whose role you can confirm. And can you give the flavor on your role? I'll give you mine, if you want it.
MeMe wrote:The name I found could, in my opinion, go either way -- I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to just say it aloud to see what everyone thinks.
I would like to hear it. My current suspicions are all based on the fact that you're really a good guy. I'd like to get that confirmed. Plus, if you get nightkilled, we'll know that whoever claims the role you've come up with isn't lying about it. None of Leonidas, LML, or tss is an urgent lynch in my eyes, so it wouldn't really bother me if you withheld the name of the person you investigated.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:39 am

Post by MeMe »

I can confirm you as Cadmium, CA.

I'll wait to expose last night's role name until a few more people state that they'd like me to -- although I'm not sure there's any harm in doing so since any of the three unclaimed probably wouldn't, at this point, claim untruthfully since there's risk of them being the one I checked. Still, there could be a reason I'm missing and I don't think there's a hurry. But I think that no one should claim role names until we've agreed on what to do.

As for flavor: after years of reminding everyone that I am the creator and one of the superior minds of online mafia, I can help the town by proving that I'm just as effective face to face. If I weren't here with my incredible body of knowledge and varied skills, there'd probably be no hope.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:04 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Nanook wrote:I can see how you got Peacebringer as a confirmed
How do you see this and not MeMe? Strange. And CA has a point - flavorwise, Pooky does not seem the townie type.
FOS: Nanook
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:27 am

Post by Someone »

I think both the pieces of logic by LmL and CA that try to outguess the mod are flawed. It is very possible that DP made a game with eight townees. Why not? I have no idea where you're pulling this concept that there should be a certain amount of townees, which is certainly false.

This post by CA:
Commodore Amazing wrote:I very strongly think two of our scum are Someone and NanookTheWolf.

He has claimed vanilla townie. All the townies that have come up so far have been people who were not at jeepfest. HezLucky, Foolster, Ataraxy, and Phoebus weren't there (as far as I know; I'm working off this: https://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/jeepfest). Why would Pooky be in this group?

Look at our power roles so far: Talitha, nonny, mackay, (Cadmium if you believe me, mith if you believe MeMe, Hey_Herb if you believe PeaceBringer). Participants at jeepfest. Why are all these roles, but Pooky is just a townie?
Dragon Phoenix wrote:The player names are a mix of names of people who will attend the actual party and other well-known names from one (or both) of the two sites.
Several of the actual participants of JeepFest are left out of the players, something the baddies are aware of.
Nanook has used the safe claim that he was given, but he claimed it was just vanilla townie. From the wiki, it looks like Pooky was having a pretty good time there, playing Risk and all. Doesn't seem like a vanilla townie to me.

As for Nox and Someone, Polarboy is a non-attendee, as far as I know. I'll let Nox slide for now. MatthewV was actually at jeepfest. Someone claimed vanilla townie.
Huge FoS: Someone

If we trust PeaceBringer, inHimshallibe is probably jeep, so he's probably clean.

If this theory holds, we have some pretty clean people:
Me
MeMe
PeaceBringer
inHimshallibe

MeMe has investigated one other person; hopefully PeaceBringer has done this as well. Between the two of them, we should be able to find out who Leonidas, LoudmouthLee, and the silent speaker are. I'm inclined to think LoudmouthLee is okay at this point. It's his suggestion that there were too many vanilla townies that made me come up with this theory.

We should definitely lynch Nanook to see if this theory holds water. We're in really good shape if it does.
Strongly incriminates me with no reason to do so. You're accusing me because I'm one of
two
claiming to be a person attending jeepfest being a townee? Firstly, you have no grounds on which to claim your arguement. Secondly, why claim MatthewV as scum if I knew that all my scum family was attending jeepfest as well?

Anyways, no vote for now, have my eye on inhim.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:28 am

Claim, please, inHimshallibe. I think the lynch is between you and Nanook.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”