deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Thu May 06, 2010 2:16 am

Post by deadjoker »

vote Zodiark13

He mentioned RVS. It is a pet peeve of mine.
So much for the thereafter.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Fri May 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by deadjoker »

pman5595 wrote:Personally, I think Empking is overreacting to something that I think is quite benign.
unvote; vote pman

There is no such thing as "benign" this early in the game, considering there is a lack of information thus far and even very small tells are worth pursuing.

I like this little bandwagon on Katsuki, who I agree needs to wake up and smell the coffee and start posting seriously, and I want to see where it goes.
Amish wrote:
Vote- Stef
Your absolutes are just so conducive to discussion.
Amish the reasoning behind your vote on Stef seems lacking, and I'd like you to explain more about what you mean.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #3) » Fri May 07, 2010 11:50 pm

Post by deadjoker »

pman5595 wrote:
deadjoker wrote:There is no such thing as "benign" this early in the game, considering there is a lack of information thus far and even very small tells are worth pursuing.
I agree in principle, but this case does not apply. It wasn't a "small tell", it wasn't a tell at all. I was commenting on how I didn't like the way Empking was making something out of nothing.
Stef wrote:@pman: what's your take on the game so far, premature as it may be?
The player I like the least right now is Empking, like I said for trying to make something out of nothing. I don't really have a town read on Katsuki but my gut doesn't say scum. There is something weird going on with Exemption with his hypocrisy over Unsight's post. I would like him to explain that.

unvote: stef
If you don't have a town read on Katsuki then why would you (
continue to
) defend him? If I was in your line of thought I would be more then happy to see how Katsuki responds without speaking for him. Speaking of which ...
Katsuki wrote:Perhaps you'd like to explain what tells there have been thus far deadjoker.
I'm not on your bandwagon, perhaps you would like to direct that question to those who are.

As far as pman goes, I have a small tell in a possible chainsaw defense.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #4) » Sun May 09, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by deadjoker »

I'm very interested to hear why Katsuki has not responded to this post by Empking:
Empking wrote:
Soundwish wrote:Empking - why is Katsuki more likely to call me an "angry child" as scum than town?
Scum is more worried about getting votes.
To me this is a very valid point. Everyone got random votes on them, but Katsuki was the only one to respond with an explosion of half-hearted "lol its RVS" posts. He continues in his posts to reference RVS in his attempts to erase the mounting suspicion against him, and muddy the waters to put doubt in the people currently on his bandwagon. Hence why I stated in my first post - I have a pet peeve over players stating it is RVS. It is so anti-town and widely accepted on these forums, as if the playstyle intentially gives scum a free pass in the first few pages of every game. I am not about to allow Katsuki to "lol its RVS" his way out of this bandwagon.

If Katsuki can successfully respond to my inquiries then I won't have a case against him anymore, but if he tries to avoid answering directly then I will join his bandwagon.
pman wrote:Now that he has started acting a bit more seriously, I do have a town read on him. Before, I thought that the things he said that made people get a scum read on him were not scum tells, so I defended him. I am more than happy to let him defend himself, but if suspicions are put on someone whom I do not find suspicious, I will defend them.
deadjoker wrote:
deadjoker wrote:As far as pman goes, I have a small tell in a possible chainsaw defense.
that tell is only valid if katsuki is scum.
Quite right. There are three possibilities as to why you would defend some one in a mini bandwagon (he was and remains far from being quick-lynched by scum) in an attempt to bring it to a halt.

1. You are both scum, and you are attempting to take some heat off of him. This is a potential chainsaw defense, but I could be wrong with what I've read on it thus far, nevertheless it is highly likel to be a scum-tell. As Empking stated, scum are more concerned with votes, I think this holds true with scum's partner(s) in crime.

2. You are scum and he is town. Simple buddying.

3. You are both town (or he is scum and you are town, same analysis). Anti-town, because as been mentioned several time before discussion is good for town, and even small bandwagons on town can help flush out the mafia.

You want to defend a fellow town? Scum hunt some one else, build a case, and if you get enough evidence other players will follow.

Until then you remain the scummiest in my mind, for jumping in to stop a bandwagon right out of RVS. Early bandwagons are the best way to come out of RVS as it forces people to take a stance. The stance you took right out of the gate was to defend Katsuki, which smells like scum, and at best is anti-town.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #5) » Tue May 11, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by deadjoker »

Unsight wrote:No prod necessary horrordude0215.

unvote. vote: deadjoker

Post subject 83 is lynch-worthy. The last thing any pro-town player should be doing is telling other players how to not be scummy.

Also, attacking poor arguments is pro-town and the chainsaw tell is post-scum flip.

@Amish_Charney: Who is scum?
If you think the scum in this game don't already know how to blend in with town then they might want to find a new game to play. Additionally, are you seriously suggesting I am blatently trying to coach pman? I've got my reasons why I put the comment in question into my post, and I am waiting for pman's response.

@horror - This answers the second part of Unsight as well - Even if you think the subject of a bandwagon could be town, it is worth the conversation to get tells on other players. Especially on the first bandwagon of the game. Unless, of course, the bandwagon is starting to look like a possible lynch. Why would you want to stop the first serious conversation? The only possible reason I could imagine to halt a mini bandwagon is if I see a blatent scum tell, not to defend the subject of the bandwagon.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #6) » Wed May 12, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by deadjoker »

Unsight wrote:
"are you seriously suggesting I am blatantly trying to coach pman" implies you know or strongly believe that pman5595 is scum. Is that the case?

How do you feel about Me=Weird's play so far and his wagon?
Why are you throwing me a softball question? That is like asking me if I am scum or town. I'm
scum
WAIT I MEAN TOWN!

What are you trying to get at Unsight? Stop using gimmicks.

As far as Me=Weird, he seemed to go MIA at an awfully convenient time. It seems once anyone gets heat around here they go MIA ... Exemption, pman, Me=Weird. Katsuki was dragging his feet but eventually stepped up to the plate. So while I do think Me=Weird has to answer his bandwagon, it isn't an obvscum tell.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #7) » Thu May 13, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by deadjoker »

Unsight wrote: If I was throwing softballs, you wouldn't be dodging them in all caps. And it is
very
scummy to dodge a question concerning pman's alignment considering you're voting him and all.

One more thing. You were willing enough to comment on the Katsuki wagon a couple times but didn't volunteer any comments on Me=Weird or his similar-sized wagon. Why?
You seem determined to artificially generate a case on me by building a house of cards. No one else had such a strong reaction to my post addressing pman (Stef commented on it but left it at that), and yet you call it a "lynch-able" post. And you have yet to back that up.

I wasn't dogding at all, I was calling it a stupid question. Ask me a good question, I'll give you a good answer. Until then I'm going to wait for pman to post, who yes I do strongly suspect of being scum, and I am content to leave it at that.

By the way, are you even reading the thread? If you have been reading my posts at all you should already know I suspect pman. Any reason why you are harping on this point?

And I don't have a read on Me=Weird, and again, am waiting for him to post anything of substence. Katsuki was a bit more active, and I had more material to analyze. Again, are you reading the thread?

And this post of mine alone is almost longer than all of your posts combined this game (not counting quoting). Seems like you are willing to ping people with questions and throwing out accusations while minimizing your content. Are you doing this on purpose?
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #8) » Thu May 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by deadjoker »

Unsight wrote:
Point 1:
If you "strongly suspect [pman] of being scum" then why are you "content to leave it at that?"

Point 2:
"waiting for him [Me=Weird] to post anything of substence" while half-heartedly pursuing someone else looks like a precursor to an opportunistic vote.

Point 3:
If by "minimizing your content" you mean avoiding walls of text then yes. I started out posting that way in games and only after running into other people who do that did I suddenly realize how annoying it is to respond, quote, or even just read those posts. If I can make my points without giant blocks of text then so much the better as it's easier for me to write and easier for everyone else to read.
Point 1: I am "content to leave it at that" because I can't comment anymore on pman until he posts. I can't be more or less suspicious of him until he returns from his V/LA and becomes more active. My suspicions are just that, nothing is set in stone, and I need more info. In the meantime I'm looking for other scum, because I'm pretty sure he isn't the only one (read: cynical joke). But a lot of inactivity and V/LA (It is finals for college players, so I understand it, even if it is conveniently timed for some players) has slowed the game down and I don't have good reads on anyone else.

Point 2: Again, I am not half-heartedly pursuing pman, because I can't pursue anymore than I have until he posts. I'm starting to wonder if you are trying to make a point or just "win" the debate. Or trying to pre-emptively scare me off of switching my vote to Me=Weird (which, despite your post, I will do in a heartbeat if I see Me=Weird drop a scumtell).

Point 3: I agree, walls of text are just as bad as a slew of two-liner posts sprinkled throughout the conversation. But there is a difference between a brief well-thought out post and a two-liner ping or accusation. A well-thought out post has information and analysis. A two-liner is false activity in order to prevent from being tagged as a lurker and coax the town into looking at other players.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #9) » Fri May 14, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by deadjoker »

Katsuki wrote:I meant in terms of a vote count on you.
He has four votes.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #10) » Sun May 16, 2010 5:42 am

Post by deadjoker »

Empking wrote:Stef, Katsuki, DJ, Unsight:

point 1
How willing are you to lynch me=weird?
point 2
How willing to lynch Katsuki?
point 3
Do you think me=weird should claim?

(Deadline is pretty soon BTW)
1. I am getting more willing with each excuse by Me=Weird. His latest actually made me laugh out loud, it is pretty pathetic. You have a horse show in a week and can't post? Not buying it.

2. He has shut up ever since the suspicion on him went away, and needs to post more.

3. I think he should start answering his bandwagon (he is at L-2) and stop making excuses to not be active and hoping some one else replaces him on the top of the suspicion list (or night comes with no lynch).

Oh and it is pretty convenient that pman would jump on the largest bandwagon.
You
haven't posted anything close to a defense either.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #11) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:12 pm

Post by deadjoker »

Stef wrote:
Mod: Given the circumstances, could we please get an extension to the deadline? Thank you
I second this request. We have a few candidates who need to be replaced and finals week has caused this game to come to a grinding halt, yet again, even after stef's wall of text which should have breathed some life into this game.

@Me=Weird: How do you know there are two factions? After reviewing the flavor text it only mentions "not a single" faction, but doesn't definitively say if it is two scum factions. This could potentially mean you know how many players are on a scum team, or were given more information on the makeup of the game in your scum role pm.

fos Me=Weird
This, added with your mention of a policy lynch, is making you scummier in my mind.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #12) » Thu May 20, 2010 6:48 am

Post by deadjoker »

pman wrote:Me=weird is giving a gut noobscum tell to me. Policy lynching is never a good option, and always a last resort. Him bringing it up as early as he did seems like scum looking for an easy lynch, without much info given from day 1. Also, if Me=weird is scum, katsuki is almost certainly town, as scum just wouldn't suggest a policy lynch on their scumpal. It is bad logic AND scummy. As for others: the little argument between Unsight and AC is insightful, but I cannot figure out which one is scum. I read the points of each and go "oh right, the other is scum" >.> One is most likely scum.
At least this time you have a decent reason why you think he might be scum. Although it is plausible that two scum could suspect each other superficially, I agree you have a point that a scum is unlikely to suggest a policy lynch against their buddy.

Unvote

Unsight wrote:It looks a lot like you're sitting on your vote until the deadline draws near planning to switch to Me=Weird at the last moment.
This is the second time you have mentioned this. What is the point of this comment? If I had the read you had, I would wait until if/when he switched his vote and then expose him for it. Just want to see what your intent is / benefits of making a comment like this.

@Hrezs - First, welcome to the game. After reading your ISO you seem to be pinging Amish over a playtell that is common among many players: posting two to three sentence posts, voting with little reasoning, and adding very little analysis. I'm not saying you aren't onto something, just need some more clarification that lifts Amish's playstyle as scummier above other players who are doing the same thing.

Also, you have chosen to go after Amish, but what are your thoughts on Unsight?

@Me=Weird: Considering you haven't posted much all game, any activity from you is welcome at this point.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #13) » Sat May 22, 2010 5:27 am

Post by deadjoker »

Unsight wrote:"waiting for him [Me=Weird] to post anything of substence" while half-heartedly pursuing someone else looks like a precursor to an opportunistic vote.
Unsight wrote:Well, I shot down all your reasons for voting me and you're still voting me while taking a decidedly neutral stance on Me=Weird. It looks a lot like you're sitting on your vote until the deadline draws near planning to switch to Me=Weird at the last moment.
This is what I mean by mentioning this twice. Why are you so determined to keep votes off of Me=Weird? Do you really have that strong of a town read on him?
Unsight wrote:Anyway, you're right. I could wait until stef swaps to Me=Weird to call him on it. However, I'd rather he justify his position now. I don't want a "oh noes teh deadline... vote vote vote" coming. By the time I could call him on it, we might already be in twilight.
Unsight wrote:If I see what looks like a mislynch on the horizon then yes, I'm going to make it hard as hell for scum to justify their vote. Keep in mind, everything I've said to you applies to AC too.
Well I guess you do. You definitely don't want to see Me=Weird get lynched. So a very serious question I have to ask you is why are you so sure Me=Weird is town? What has he said which gives you such a strong read that he is town that you want to prevent his lynch?
Unsight wrote: Just an observation to note, Me=Weird has more posts than over half the players in this game (yourself included). I counted...
This set off my scum radar, in a huge way. Me=Weird may have a lot of posts, but most of them are him making excuses as to why he isn't here. I look for quality, not quantity. Me=Weird has posted very little, despite his high post count. Everyone here (except for maybe you) knows Me=Weird is attempting to skip through this game by posting very little and hoping some one else replaces him as the biggest bandwagon.
You
just tried to artificially claim Me=Weird is active and posting a lot of quality material.

It also is no coincidence that in the beginning of the game you were very content to actively lurk during the Katsuki bandwagon, but once you saw Me=Weird had four votes on him you became active and started to artificially generate suspicion on me, and now you are doing it to Amish. I see very little basis to your accusations against Amish, including the fact you OMGUS voted him after you realized I wasn't falling for your gimmicks.

Nothing is adding up about you Unsight. You twist people's words and contradict yourself - a lot.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #14) » Sat May 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by deadjoker »

Vote Unsight

I'm going to quote the most important part of my last post again, which you ignored for reasons which are quite obvious. You are scum, you are twisting in the wind, and I am enjoying it.
deadjoker wrote:This set off my scum radar, in a huge way. Me=Weird may have a lot of posts, but most of them are him making excuses as to why he isn't here. I look for quality, not quantity. Me=Weird has posted very little, despite his high post count. Everyone here (except for maybe you) knows Me=Weird is attempting to skip through this game by posting very little and hoping some one else replaces him as the biggest bandwagon. You just tried to artificially claim Me=Weird is active and posting a lot of quality material.
Oh what really tickled me was you digging up old material on me about pman, who I have already posted that he had dropped off my scum radar. You are just a piece of work.

What also tickles me is all the people busting me over "coaching" pman, which pretty much everyone does in every game, mine was just more forceful and blunt.

Coaching is like posting "be more active or we will lynch you for lurking". Or telling people they shouldn't switch their votes to Me=Weird. Or telling people to claim ... etc etc etc. Everyone does it. It is how you get people to post and take a stance, which is very beneficial. The fact Unsight called it "a lynchable post" just means she was trying to break up the flow on Me=Weird.

You know what ...

Unvote; Vote Me=Weird

When he flips scum, it is going to be a very short day 2.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #15) » Wed May 26, 2010 10:04 am

Post by deadjoker »

Soundwish wrote:AtE = Appeal to Emotion

I probably will not have access again later today, so
unvote, vote: Me=Weird
. This is a pretty frustrating lynch for me, though, as Exemption opportunistically jumped on my original Me=Weird vote and deadjoker's shift from being fine about Me=Weird to damning him for V/LA basically seemed feigned to sound like the majority opinion.
You have been pinging me for days and have yet to put forth anything other then "he jumped on the bandwagon". Actually no, I didn't, I saw Me=Weird get scummier after he posted his whole "I can't post because I'm too busy" too many times and connected his bandwagon with Unsight's unusual play or perhaps even Empking's minimalist strategy. Even after he was done with his apparent V/LA I didn't see him post at all, and then tried to drop the hammer on himself.

The self-vote (or at least his attempt to) is an extremely scummy move, I've read dozens of games and in the few cases that some one voted for themselves, they flipped scum. Voting for oneself this late into a bandwagon is usually a scum trying to get rid of themselves before the town can connect him/her to their partner(s). In other words, scum self-lynch (or attempt to) in order to throw out an AtE to survive to the deadline and if the hammer is dropped, then the town doesn't get anymore message traffic or intelligence on who else they are connected to.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #16) » Wed May 26, 2010 10:29 am

Post by deadjoker »

Soundwish wrote:AtE = Appeal to Emotion

I probably will not have access again later today, so
unvote, vote: Me=Weird
. This is a pretty frustrating lynch for me, though, as Exemption opportunistically jumped on my original Me=Weird vote and deadjoker's shift from being fine about Me=Weird to damning him for V/LA basically seemed feigned to sound like the majority opinion.
You have been pinging me for days and have yet to put forth anything other then "he jumped on the bandwagon". Actually no, I didn't, I saw Me=Weird get scummier after he posted his whole "I can't post because I'm too busy" too many times and connected his bandwagon with Unsight's unusual play or perhaps even Empking's minimalist strategy. Even after he was done with his apparent V/LA I didn't see him post at all, and then tried to drop the hammer on himself.

The self-vote (or at least his attempt to) is an extremely scummy move, I've read dozens of games and in the few cases that some one voted for themselves, they flipped scum. Voting for oneself this late into a bandwagon is usually a scum trying to get rid of themselves before the town can connect him/her to their partner(s). In other words, scum self-lynch (or attempt to) in order to throw out an AtE to survive to the deadline and if the hammer is dropped, then the town doesn't get anymore message traffic or intelligence on who else they are connected to.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #17) » Mon May 31, 2010 9:18 am

Post by deadjoker »

Soundwish wrote:Well, lucky for you that I also find your current attempts to discredit my accusation by saying "all right, but what else have you got?" scummy.

And your point about whether you could call it a wagon is a bad one because your opportunistic vote makes it 3, which with 7 votes to lynch is a wagon of note.

More Exemption votes please.
This is terrible. Calling for more votes while having very little proof is a loud siren going off in my head. You are moving from the realm of bad player to suspiciously scummy.

-----------------------------

vote AC

Unsight flipped town and was probably onto something. Throughout the back and forth between Unsight and AC it looked a lot like a town verses a scum, based on the fact each side was attacking each other. Town verses town back-and-forth discussions usually don't degrade into this sort of argument.

I personally thought Unsight was more scummy then AC, but alas, I was wrong.

@pman - post or switch out. You have been largely AWOL ever since I stopped being suspicious of you, and now you seem content with riding along in between prods. Do you have a good reason why you have been so inactive since the first few days of discussion? How about parachuting in from inactivity to load up a vote on Me=Weird and then going back underground? (Since May 22nd)

Scum-o-meter:

1. AC
2. Pman
3. Soundwish
4. Empking

Emp you are on this list because your minimalist style of play has been noted. It is like you are purposely avoiding posting a lot in order to avoid making a mistake or prevent anyone from getting a good read on you. A very weak tell, could just be your playstyle, but noted nevertheless.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (isolation #18) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:37 am

Post by deadjoker »

Soundwish wrote:@deadjoker - what do you think of Exemption attacking the circumstances of my point against him rather than the point itself?
I think he answered that question pretty well himself.

And blathering on about post count is not productive. How does it add to the discussion of the game? Spending any amount of time on day 2 with two dead town talking about experience is not good.
Katsuki wrote:Deadjoker: IS your reasoning behind AC mostly because unsight flipped town?
Yes and No. It is because the back and forth between Unsight and AC was accusatory. The fact Unsight flipped town means AC's scumminess went up. I will explain more:
AC wrote:What do town v. town discussions look like to you, deadjoker?
Like the one between me and Unsight. She accused me, I explained myself, and we went out merry ways. I got a tell

on her (attempting to win the debate rather then scumhunt) which clouded my judgment of her future posts. Lesson learned.

@Stef - are you backwards rationalizing the Me=Weird lynch as good because it was a decent policy lynch? Isn't that what got Me= in hot water to begin with?
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #19) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by deadjoker »

@Snow Bunny - Thanks mod!

You are welcome! Wait, you are thanking me for what reason?

@Spyrex - Can't wait to see what you have to say of the game thus far. You are filling a slot I had (and still do) have a strong suspicion of, but obviously I'm willing to see what you have to say.
Stef wrote:@Deadjoker: no, I said that considering we now know he was town. He was #2 in my scumlist before the lynch. That's why I said "He could have just as easily been scum".
Stef, I re-read your ISO before the Me=Weird lynch and you are right, you did think Me=Weird was scummy and lynchable. I misread your post as "well the fact he is dead is okay because he was a bad player" which sounds a lot like "oh noes I thought this guy was scum and now he is town and now I have to justify my suspicions."

I see what you are saying now, Me=Weird had a higher chance of flipping scum then town based on his play. Reminds me a lot of poker, going all in with a pair of Aces pre-flop.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #20) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by deadjoker »

@Spyrex - As I said I would give you a chance to post what you think of the game, but the suspicions of the slot you filled still do follow you. That being said the only fault I can find in your posts is breaking up the conversation between Stef and Horror. It could be that you really think they are both town, or it could be that you are trying to tell a scumbuddy he is targeting a town and should start barking up another tree looking for the other scum team. It looks like pman was simply an inactive player.

I liked your ISO on Soundwish, you make some good points and I agree, he has definitely dropped some scumtells. In fact a lot more then I thought he had. And I found it interesting he started the Me=Weird bandwagon, jumped off, and then finished it off. He started the bandwagon and ended it with a lynch.

Horror's scumminess is increasing, mainly from his awful misquoting of Stef and then yelling at other people for misquoting him. Inconsistencies are a hallmark of scum.

I am not willing to give up my case on AC because he seems content to hide behind the suspicions of horror and soundwish. My vote stands for now, and my revised scum list:

1. AC
2. Soundwish
3. Horror
4. Empking

I'm going to continue with thinking there are 4 scum here because I've seen an unofficial unanimous agreement among the players in the game there are 4 bad guys. Labeling which team they are a part of doesn't really serve much of a purpose for me (scum team members are going to purposely avoid each other), I'm just going for who I think is dropping the strongest tells.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #21) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by deadjoker »

I can see where you are coming from spyrex, but the U NO U conversation gave me a decent scum tell on horror (coupled with his amazingly good timed V/LA and his quick-switch vote) so I wanted to see if horror was really feeling the heat. You stepping in gave him an out which angered me. Then again, the horror/stef show was a smoke screen for AC so now he actually has to post instead of hiding and coat-tailing other people's arguments.

I don't know what to make of Kat. I think he is a player attempting to look like town rather than being town, but it is gut and not much evidence.

There are scummier people in the game which catch my attention. The lurker mentality is reigning right now and I'm seriously considering starting a "lynch all lurkers" campaign. I know I haven't been especially active myself, but when half of the posts of the game consist of "sorry i was gone" or "sorry V/LA" or "I am going to re-read the game" it is kinda hard to post a lot. I am not a fan of wall-o-texts nor posting for the sake of posting.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #22) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by deadjoker »

Kat - I can't use horror's well-timed V/LA against him because Me=Weird did the same thing and flipped town. It isn't a scumtell, it is a bad player tell. Horror posted a V/LA for about 24 hours when he has no problem not posting for a day or two at at time, which indicates he is reading the thread during those "unannounced" periods of inactivity but doesn't post. The difference between Me= and horror is that horror grossly misquoted Stef when a blind person could see Stef was suspicious of Me=Weird. Horror was hoping the "lazy brigade" believes his posts on the surface instead of reading the message traffic for themselves. Extremists live on this type of play style, and in this game, extremist = scum.

In this same line of thought, I am pretty sure AC is reading the thread and not posting. It is what keeps my vote on him.

AC, Empking, Horror, and Soundwish are all proponents of the "wait for the booger to be put on some one else before I respond" play style and it isn't a coincidence all four of you round out my top suspicion list.

The only one I am not sure of is Empking, who I could easily switch out with Katsuki. Empking's minimalist posting strategy could be a survivalist play style, and is hoping he flies under the radar while other town get picked off. Extremely anti-town, but could also be scummy.

Kat the only saving grace you have is you are forcing Spyrex to post an ISO on you. I don't know if this is "im innocent, go ahead and try to create a case" or "you are bluffing and can't find anything".
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #23) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by deadjoker »

Katsuki wrote: @Spyrex: If you are gonna accuse me of something, instead of taking what others say, please post your own case. I would love to hear what YOU have to say, not you using what someone else had to say.
Spyrex wrote:Has Kat asked for an ISO yet?
I'll go out on a limb and say I've read between the lines and assess Katsuki is challenging you Spyrex.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by deadjoker »

Stef wrote:Funny thing happened next. Spyre, the one who had been defending Horror starts picking on Kat and now votes for him while continuing to defend Horror. Hey, I can understand defenses D2 in some cases but this one is absurd and just building a case against the person who attacked the person who you're defending is just wrong and scummy. Also, it's too much like Pman's play which I considered to be scummy as well.
I will submit it is very unlikely that two scum would defend each other so blatantly. You can try to throw WIFOM at me if you want, but the fact is two scum would much rather ignore each other or distance each other then ever risk being brought into the spotlight together and getting caught up in a bandwagon against them. The risk is too high, the reward is way too low. There is a much better explanation anyway:

Strike 1:

In this case, I would submit Spyrex to be more scummy than Horror. Spyrex called you both town in a bid to gain a buddy. Horror bit, line and sinker. He thinks he has a town friend in Spyrex, when in fact Spyrex knew Horror was feeling the heat and took advantage. Plus, Horror's misquote of Stef plus him taking the easy out Spyrex offered screams laziness rather than scumminess. Horror is simply not thinking and more anti-town rather than scum.

Strike 2:

Spyrex has been buddying up to me as well. It is disgusting, and I let it happen, but it served its purpose. He was fishing for a case on Katsuki and waited for me to explain it to him.

Strike 3:

Spyrex's case and ISO against Katsuki was terrible, forced, and it screamed "OH NOES THEY CALLED ME OUT". Not saying Katsuki is exonerated, and I still do think he could be trying to be town instead of town, the difference is I HAD NO EVIDENCE. Spyrex created that evidence.

Yeeeeeeeeer out!

I am making myself a target, which is awesome. I am about to get a ton of reads, from nearly every player in the game. I am announcing I will be sitting back and watching for responses to this post, and after that, I will follow up with my assessments.

unvote; vote Spyrex
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (isolation #25) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:32 am

Post by deadjoker »

Yes the game is dead. Not much response from anyone. Bunch of short posts which not much material substance. I was hoping with my last post it would spark some conversation, but alas, nothing.

At least the World Cup is on. GO USA!

Spyrex - tried to flush you out, didn't work. Perhaps you really are town. Perhaps Katsuki really is scum. Soundwish has gone AFK.

Final question I have for you is why are you so sure Horror is town when he has a lot of contradictions in his posts? Especially when dealing with Stef?

Question to all players: Do you think we should start a lynch all lurkers campaign? I see three: AC, Soundwish, and Hrezs.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:51 am

Post by deadjoker »

Unvote

More to do with the deadline, but I didn't get any good reads off of my post accusing you. Which means I'm left with an interesting decision of putting Kat at L-1. I want to hear more from Kat then a two line post before I do that.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #27) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:18 am

Post by deadjoker »

vote Katsuki
I gave you as much time as I could to convince everyone that a no-lynch day 2 was better than lynching you. Time has run out.

I agree with not extending the deadline. Day 2 was extremely slow and the deadline has caused the game to move ahead. I look forward to tomorrow with the lurkers finally being forced to post.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (isolation #28) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:00 am

Post by deadjoker »

Hey just wanted to let everyone know I will have very limited access until 30 June. I will try to read up every now and then but my posting will be very limited.

V/LA until 30 June
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (isolation #29) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:02 am

Post by deadjoker »

Almost forgot, wanted to get a vote in:

vote Soundwish

Lurker target number one for me. And definitely has signs of being scummy.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (isolation #30) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:05 am

Post by deadjoker »

Fakegod - came down from the mountains to get 3g on my phone to catch up and I see you are just as fishy as your predecessor. I did find the fact you think exemption and I are scumbuddies to be amusing as we were scumbuddies last game we played together, sorry to dissapoint you that this time I have no idea what his affiliation is this game, but I do think he is a fellow townie.

If you bothered to read the game I am promoting a lynch all lurkers campaign as this game is full of them. Soundwish has the magic combination of being both a lurker with scumtells. Spyrex did a pretty good iso on him which spelled out a lot of same thoughts as mine. I wonder if you were too lazy to read the entire game or just worried that I was suspicious of your slot as this information already existed. Might be a case of selective amnesia.

Additionally, what does the town make of the fact night 2 was delayed for the replacement of AC? Could be that he is scum and time was needed for his night action?

Empking continues his survivalist strategy. Fun.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #31) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by deadjoker »

Back from Vacation in the mountains, now I'm going to be a bit more active.

@Empking - I have continuously been frustrated with your posts as they don't add much to the conversation and are more of just "hey guys I'm here hihi". This is not necessarily scummy, just more survival-minded. The credit you got from getting the game out of the RVS all the way back on day 1 has been used. One and two sentence posts makes me think of you more as an announcer in a sports game rather then a player on the field.
fakegod wrote:
point 1:
Lynch all lurkers only sound good on paper; it tends to hit bored VTs, and favors scum if they're stronger, more talkative types.

point 2:
I'm not exactly sure what I did so far other than post up a analysis that incriminated you as been on a mislynch wagon twice now in the similar spot (toward the end of the wagon), but may I ask what you find about me so fishy?

point 3:
Replacing out shouldn't be a tell, but I tend to think that because VTs have no powers and they're bored, they replace out. (just my opinion)

point 4:
Ok, cool, so you get townie vibes from Exemption. Do you have any thoughts on horror? Do you also disagree about my analysis that out of the three people who I pointed out, there are no scum among them?
Point 1:
Lynch all lurkers is a good way to get
lazy
townies to play the game. Bored or uninterested town should switch out, as they are going to sink the ship for the rest of us town who are actually trying to find the scum and win. Having inactive or lurking town helps scum far more then forcing bored/lazy/bad town to start playing, otherwise the scum can simply manipulate the lazy town and pick off the active town at night. If you read the entire game, it is no coincidence that Unsight and Stef were picked off at night, as they were the most active at the time. You should take heed to this, because if the game keeps going the way it has, and you are town as you claim, then you have a good chance at being next, as you are pretty active.

Point 2:
You are reading way to much into when I am voting. If you are simply going to look at voting records, you are getting 25% of the picture, which is either laziness on your part (don't want to read the entire game and all the nuances in the message traffic), or are trying to generate a case on me by selectively using information (a scum tactic, and hence why I am called you fishy). Your choice, you can either be lazy or fishy. If you read the game at the time of the voting (big if), you will realize I had other targets, but due to the inactivity of the town (and game in general), the first two days came down to the last 24-48 hours. I switched my vote to some one I viewed as less scummy but still deserving of a lynch, if for nothing else but being lazy and inactive. I spent the last few real days of day 2 attempting to gather support for a "lynch all lurkers" campaign in order to give the game the kick in the rear it needs. I am continuing that today. Where in the hell that links me to Exemption and/or Horror is beyond me, and I'm very interested to have you explain this more.

Point 3:
No, it isn't, but switching out doesn't erase the past suspicion on your slot. Either you step up to the plate and demonstrate your slot was simply a bad/lazy/lurking town, or the suspicion carries over. That's the challenge of switching in, be it town or scum.

Point 4:
Outside of Horror's terrible misrep of Stef, he hasn't been overly scummy. And I never said it isn't possible one of them is scum. I'm saying Exemption looks more like town, Horror I'm on the fence on, and I've got other fish to fry then chose a short drop-down list of targets you hand picked, especially when you come off as being lazy and/or fishy.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:54 am

Post by deadjoker »

@Empking - I am voting Soundwish because he is inactive and from his ISO he is pretty scummy. Why are you voting me?

This game has died, I don't really know if we are going to even get a lynch in. But I'm all for a Soundwish kill.

@FG - Still don't see where your voting analysis is anything other then an attempt to selectively choose information in order to manipulate lazy town. That is getting very suspicious.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”