Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Vi wrote:
Ellibereth 869 wrote:Wait. we should leave him alive. If Llama is right and there is a COLOR COP, just investigate him, no?
I'm becoming increasingly skeptical about this prospect.
Hmm? Why?

Ok. Hell week is over soon.
Overall, even with whatever independent scummy things Vas has done, overall my feel on him is still town. Normally I'd just say he's town but I misread him in a similar fashion in our last game...
Speed wagon popped out does very much make me happier with my read though.

I keep getting wierd feelings from farside. Will try to seek for why when I get more time...
Seacore wrote:However, I wanted a VV lynch yesterday, but nobody else seemed to find him scummy, so I dropped it. /quote]
Do not remember this. Quote me over plz?
FLASH OF GREEN
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Seacore »

My ISOs 24, 25, 26 28, 53 all have points against Vas.

Sure, none of them are quite a 'case' but I've seen him as scummy for a while.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Percy »

Look everyone!!!
It's the
VOTE COUNT UNICORN!!!

Vi
opens vis eyes and sees
VasudeVa!

hp [leaves]
opens his eyes and sees
VasudeVa!

Seacore
opens his eyes and sees
VasudeVa!

dramonic
opens his eyes and sees
VasudeVa!

Socrates
opens his eyes and sees
hp [leaves]!

VasudeVa
opens vis eyes and sees
hp [leaves]!

ElectricBadger
opens his eyes and sees
hp [leaves]!

farside22
opens her eyes and sees
Seacore!

Robocopter87
opens his eyes and sees
Seacore!

Ellibereth
and
LlamaFluff
have their eyes
shut!

The deadline for today's lynch is
10:30pm (site time) on Monday the 10th of May
. You can view a countdown to the deadline .

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by Vi »

I hate how slow I'm being with this game. Exams are finally over so I'll try to get back into it tomorrow.

Until then,
Ellibereth 900 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Ellibereth 869 wrote:Wait. we should leave him alive. If Llama is right and there is a COLOR COP, just investigate him, no?
I'm becoming increasingly skeptical about this prospect.
Hmm? Why?
Town has no reason to know colors.

Elli, who would you be willing to vote Today?

---

Also, I can think of a very good reason NOT to lynch the Beloved Princess claim Today.
In the event that the BP is targeted with an NK,
we'll know it in advance
by virtue of the poisoning kill method, and can respond accordingly (ideally, by lynching someone before hp dies).

Please get off the hp wagon and move elsewhere.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by Vi »

VaVa: You like meta, right? Tell me how your play relates to this game.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 7:10 am

Post by VasudeVa »

@Vi: Hmmm.... You do have a point. But I'm being paranoid with farside's softclaim that there exists another kill in this game aside from the poisoning. However that is assuming farside isn't spoon feeding us crap.

In hindsight, most of why I disbelieve that claim is because I have been blindly following farside(Again, my stance on following your town tells.). Now, I'm thinking that while I don't have a reason to disbelieve her, I don't have a reason to believe her too(She's just slightly townie). The two kills/night + BP is incredibly imbalanced though. So, I'm assuming one of them is lying. And I think it's hp.

I can think of more good reasons to lynch the scummy BP claim today. It's a pros and cons thing. Assuming hp is town...
1. Scum would keep hp alive for a while knowing town will probably protect or watch or w/e power role.
2. He isn't helpful, he's scummy so town will keep suspecting him.
3. Scum could keep him till there are fewer players left. Kill him and devastate town with the extra night.
4. No awkward 'Holy shit, unconfirmable claimed BP scummy player' MyLos.
5. High probability farside lied about her protective role indicates scum or third party(I doubt SK though due to the early softclaim thing. A lyncher maybe?).

If he's scum, we caught scum. This is what I think will happen though.

@Meta:[nonbuddyingfluff]Well, Uhh. This is awkward. Uhm. Uhh. I actually tried the Vi-style re-read you did in this game...and it kinda ended badly....Soo...uhm...Yeaahhh..Uhh. FORGIVE ME GREAT AND FORGIVING FORGIVER VI THE FORGIVING! I HAVE SOILED THE VI-STYLE REREAD NAME. I AM NOT WORTHYYYY. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME TO THE MUSTARD VATS OF BITTERNESS. I DO NOT LIKE MUSTARD [/nonbuddyingfluff]

....Is this a serious question? Anyone asked that question will answer in a way that will help him look as townie as possible. I don't want to earn my town cred by this means. Although I will comply should you force me to.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Vi »

VV 905 wrote:....Is this a serious question?
Yes. I like your answer, although I'm not saying why.

By the way, don't act like I have all year. Look up Mafia Dodgeball for a better example of how you're supposed to play.

Unsee: VasudeVa

Now until then, let's talk some more.

Why do you think farside is spoony? I don't think she ever said anything beyond a softclaim about how she
might
know what's going on. Is she scum, or just wrong?
I don't think we're going to get a MyLo if the poisoning is the only kill (which I suspect) and we're at odd numbers now. They have to be able to get through me first~
I'll grant that the BP will have more of an impact later in the game, but see the note that we'll be able to lynch someone before hp actually dies.
I can't completely deny that hp isn't the most helpful Townie out there, although he's done a lot better than a couple of people in history.
Track/Watch WIFOM is just that. Again, there's someone else they should be targeting too.~

----

farside - Why did you back down from wanting a VV Top claim?
You said you were happy with your Seacore vote until someone "proved" that there is no extra kill (how you want anyone to do that, I'm not sure) but were evidently willing to threaten VV. What's going on?

What's most puzzling about the VV wagon is that there are only two people on it who were on other wagons - dramonic and myself.

I know it's finals week but we're running out of time ._.

See: Socrates
(L-4)
Take charge, take a stand. hp's not getting lynched.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 8:25 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Checking in, admittedly shameless wagon but its in a good spot.

Vote Socrates
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 8:51 am

Post by farside22 »

farside - Why did you back down from wanting a VV Top claim?
You said you were happy with your Seacore vote until someone "proved" that there is no extra kill (how you want anyone to do that, I'm not sure) but were evidently willing to threaten VV. What's going on?
You asked me if I was hammering and stated I should only want a claim if I'm hammering him. So how did I back down from wanting a claim?
I said I would look at the 3 but if I don't believe in hammering someone because of my own views why push it then?

Let me assure you I'm not switching my vote. Everyone seems to want to believe that the poison is the only method and is the "mafia" method. More power to you. I already explain how I can't see that as having a nonkill mafia is not only frustrating to scum it's unbalanced in my view and I believe I stopped someone from dying. That is my view and it's not changing. I also don't see why Seacore is getting town cred from his blant vote hopping and lack of views on why he finds anyone scum.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 8:56 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

VV didn't like me discussing the setup; but now he wants to lynch me by pointing out his setup speculation.
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 9:01 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

farside22 wrote:Let me assure you I'm not switching my vote. Everyone seems to want to believe that the poison is the only method and is the "mafia" method. More power to you. I already explain how I can't see that as having a nonkill mafia is not only frustrating to scum it's unbalanced in my view and I believe I stopped someone from dying. That is my view and it's not changing. I also don't see why Seacore is getting town cred from his blant vote hopping and lack of views on why he finds anyone scum.
My role PM implies that malfunctioning and then dying is the only kill method. And the only "kill" that succeeded last night had that kill method. I'm not up for lynching Seacore unless there are two kills the next night.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Alright, Hp.
Can you
please
post all the abilities of your role. Don't quote your PM just tell us what it does. Do you have any other strings attached?
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 9:48 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Vi wrote:Please get off the hp wagon and move elsewhere.
Le shrug...hp was scummy to begin with, his claim is full of holes, the attempt at WIFOM and evasiveness to explain his play just reeks of scum, and a lynch will only be riskier nearer endgame (as will a NK). I'm more content with where my vote is at now than before the BP stuff, actually.
farside22 wrote:Everyone seems to want to believe that the poison is the only method and is the "mafia" method.
I'm increasingly convinced otherwise, actually. In retrospect there was nothing indicating I couldn't speak at the start of the day, and having guaranteed claims from all our investigation roles is unlikely.
hp [leaves] wrote:If you can openly conclude that malfunction is the only kill method, you are scum.
hp [leaves] wrote:My role PM implies that malfunctioning and then dying is the only kill method. And the only "kill" that succeeded last night had that kill method. I'm not up for lynching Seacore unless there are two kills the next night.
Joy, we're on Easy Mode.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Vi wrote: Elli, who would you be willing to vote Today?
Seacore, Soc, Farside.

##Vote: Soc
for now.
When I get un-busified I'll look through farside. I keep feeling something off there now.
FLASH OF GREEN
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by Seacore »

Those last two quotes in EB's post are pretty damning...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Vi »

ElectricBadger 912 wrote:
hp [leaves] wrote:If you can openly conclude that malfunction is the only kill method, you are scum.
hp [leaves] wrote:My role PM implies that malfunctioning and then dying is the only kill method. And the only "kill" that succeeded last night had that kill method. I'm not up for lynching Seacore unless there are two kills the next night.
Joy, we're on Easy Mode.
Ehhhh, Ijji Modo? Kimo~i

That's a nice counterpoint though.
E-Badger 912 wrote:hp was scummy to begin with,
his claim is full of holes, the attempt at WIFOM and evasiveness to explain his play just reeks of scum,
and a lynch will only be riskier nearer endgame (as will a NK). I'm more content with where my vote is at now than before the BP stuff, actually.
I keep saying that the lynch/NK actually isn't as risky as it's made out to be, but whichever.

*Could you please show me the holes in question? (aside from his support for a massclaim)
*Are you referring to VasudeVa's attempt at explaining his behavior as well as his "Haha, WIFOMing the scum" comment?
(Worth noting - the lynch flavor is
also
"malfunctioned and died". Except with more cuppy cakes.)
E-Badger 912 wrote:I'm increasingly convinced otherwise, actually. In retrospect there was nothing indicating I couldn't speak at the start of the day, and having guaranteed claims from all our investigation roles is unlikely.
In all probability there WASN'T any reason you couldn't speak. That's what poisoning is about, nya.

I take it as a natural extension of this that you think Seacore is scum?

What do you think of hp[leaves]+VasudeVa?

---
farside 908 wrote:Everyone seems to want to believe that the poison is the only method and is the "mafia" method. More power to you. I already explain how I can't see that as having a nonkill mafia is not only frustrating to scum it's unbalanced in my view
The Mafia has a kill. It's a poison kill. People
can
actually die from it, etc.
farside 908 wrote:You asked me if I was hammering and stated I should only want a claim if I'm hammering him. So how did I back down from wanting a claim?
This is kind of simple.
*If you ask for a claim, you want to hammer. This is both/and.
*You asked for a claim.
*You didn't want to hammer.
farside 908 wrote:I said I would look at the 3 but if I don't believe in hammering someone because of my own views why push it then?
I'm not sure what you're asking, but I'll spin it like this--why ask someone to claim when you DON'T have any intention of hammering them?
farside 908 wrote:I also don't see why Seacore is getting town cred from his blant vote hopping and lack of views on why he finds anyone scum.
I don't think anyone is giving him Town credit per se.

---

@mod: Please send the Prod Unicorn to haunt dramonic's nightmares

---

@Seacore: So now there are wagons on Socrates, VasudeVa, hp[leaves], and yourself.
You've expressed an interest in lynching all of the first three. Do you like the one you're on now, specifically? Why?
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

Fixed.
Vi wrote:I keep saying that the lynch/NK actually isn't as risky as it's made out to be, but whichever.
Don't get. Why do you keep saying not to lynch him then?
Vi wrote:*Could you please show me the holes in question? (aside from his support for a massclaim)
The mass claim is kind of a biggie, but also the unlikelihood of a BP in the game generally and his insistence on a single kill mechanism after saying knowing such was a scum tell.
Vi wrote:*Are you referring to VasudeVa's attempt at explaining his behavior as well as his "Haha, WIFOMing the scum" comment?
Nope, to hp's backtracking on his claim after we confronted his support of a mass claim:
hp [leaves] wrote:My stance about the massclaim is pretty normal if you consider when my ability triggers (or is it? Haha, WIFOMing the scum. I may have made a mistake though). Which I'm not going to elaborate.
"That first claim didn't count! And I have knowledge about the scum setup that I didn't bother to mention when I was freaking out about a quick hammer!"
Vi wrote:I take it as a natural extension of this that you think Seacore is scum?
That assumes farside is town and is correct about stopping the kill. Too many variables for this to be today's best lynch, but he could prove farside town and a proven farside would be like a versicolor death star. But I don't get the super scum vibes I do from hp.
Vi wrote:What do you think of hp[leaves]+VasudeVa?
If he were scum with hp I think he would have used the BP claim as an excuse to jump to a new target rather than keep pushing on his buddy, so no.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 10:22 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Vi wrote:Yes. I like your answer, although I'm not saying why.
Uhm. Okay. This is kinda awkward though. Me-town goes aggressive 'I will murder you and 5 generations of your family' mode(A hyperbole, but w/e) when I see scum. This also happened in the other game that lynched me D1 where I flipped town but I won't talk about it because please don't modkill me. Err. Is this a reasonable response?
Be checking out that game, thanks.
Vi wrote:Why do you think farside is spoony? I don't think she ever said anything beyond a softclaim about how she might know what's going on. Is she scum, or just wrong?
She doesn't have the advantage you and EB have with being practically confirmed town, but her actions lean town. I'm mostly going with the my conviction that 1 of far/hp is lying here due to the balance issues I'm pointing out.
Vi wrote:I don't think we're going to get a MyLo if the poisoning is the only kill (which I suspect) and we're at odd numbers now. They have to be able to get through me first~
Why do you think that poisoning is the only kill? Part of the reason why I'm somewhat inclined to believe farside is because it seems too weak for scum. Added bonus is your power that basically forces scum to rely on lynches while you are still alive. Even if you are dead, the 'poisoned' guy is confirmed townie for 1 day and that will easily lead to scum lynches
fast.

Also:
First Post wrote:Win Condition: You win when you have acquired 3 points of each colour (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple), or nothing can prevent the same.
We have 1 colorless Llama and animorph's flip reveals VTs have three colors. Unless there is some unconfirmable ingame mechanic that allows scum to farm colors from nowhere, I don't think scum can gather these colors easily in a reasonable timeframe for a mini theme (like...D5-D6?).
Vi wrote:I'll grant that the BP will have more of an impact later in the game, but see the note that we'll be able to lynch someone before hp actually dies.
I see your point but that mostly relies on your theory that poisoning is the only kill. There seems to be a lot of evidence going against it now.
hp wrote:VV didn't like me discussing the setup; but now he wants to lynch me by pointing out his setup speculation.
You started SK speculation pre-farside softclaim and right after the wagon on you got started, which was useless speculation and would just wind up confusing town. After farside's soft-claim, there was more information to go about to actually do some necessary setup speculation. Yours = Unnecessary 'don't vote for me!' speculation. Mine = Speculation that leads to catching scum. Add the overall anti-town/scuminess of your play, it baffles me as to why you aren't dead yet.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 3:12 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

ElectricBadger wrote:"That first claim didn't count! And I have knowledge about the scum setup that I didn't bother to mention when I was freaking out about a quick hammer!"
No, I didn't backtrack. A day phase is skipped when I'm lynched. Also when I'm killed at night,
[REDACTED]
will happen.
Joy, we're on Easy Mode.
Read in context. The first was directed to VV, who didn't claim to have role-based information and said my information was nothing new.
Robo wrote:Alright, Hp.
Can you please post all the abilities of your role. Don't quote your PM just tell us what it does. Do you have any other strings attached?
No, I won't. It isn't a good idea.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 3:15 am

Post by farside22 »

Vi: How do you know the poison kills someone? Are you saying it's a delay kill where we know someone's color is taken but they live thru the day?
What about the theory on the front with the wincon? I had believed it to be serial killer over a mafia win con.

As for VV. I noted he was at L-1 and typically it means time for a claim. I never heard a rule that the person asking wants to hammer.
Considering Seacore asked before L-1 he sure gets off light. I'm seeing him get too much leeway and excuses. Soc stated he had a town read. My gut tells me he's scum and he's special.

Elli: Why are you voting for Soc?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 3:16 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

VasudeVa wrote:
First Post wrote:Win Condition: You win when you have acquired 3 points of each colour (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple), or nothing can prevent the same.
We have 1 colorless Llama and
animorph's flip reveals
VTs have three colors. Unless there is some unconfirmable ingame mechanic that allows scum to farm colors from nowhere, I don't think scum can gather these colors easily in a reasonable timeframe for a mini theme (like...D5-D6?).
animorph's flip reveals

animorph's flip reveals

animorph's flip reveals

I see scumslip
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 3:24 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

I see misrep.

Ani claimed VT (despite not flipping VT?), ani is mod confirmed town, ani had three colors.

Yeah
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 3:36 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

You can't understand. You have no colors. It has something to do with how many are them.

Let's see:
LF is clueless about how many colors townies have (it's all right he claimed colorless before)
VV is clueless about how many colors townies have (it's NOT all right)

Both LF and VV drew the same conclusion about colors. It is likely that they have the same information about it. They are both colorless. We lynch VV.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 3:41 am

Post by dramonic »

you lost me.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 4:36 am

Post by farside22 »

hp [leaves] wrote:You can't understand. You have no colors. It has something to do with how many are them.

Let's see:
LF is clueless about how many colors townies have (it's all right he claimed colorless before)
VV is clueless about how many colors townies have (it's NOT all right)

Both LF and VV drew the same conclusion about colors. It is likely that they have the same information about it. They are both colorless. We lynch VV.
I don't see it as a scum slip unless your trying to say that VV didn't know before Ani flipped and you think he is pointing out how many colors town has.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”