Newbie 937 ~ Mafia Lite [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 4:11 pm

Post by KittyMo »

[3] popsofctown - (Red Star, Exilon, KageLord)

[1] Exilon - (Excedrin)
[1] skerterg - (horrordude0215)
[1] KageLord - (skerterg)
[0] Excedrin - ()
[0] horrordude0215 - ()
[0] Red Star - ()

[1]
Not Voting
- (popsofctown)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

none
Last edited by KittyMo on Tue May 11, 2010 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by Excedrin »

skerterg wrote:Indeed, with KageLord's vote on popsofctown I felt much confirmed and comfortable with my post.
That's a fair point. Sometimes this technique catches town tho (I'll explain later if you want).

KageLord, I see that you're voting popsofctown, aside from him, do you have other players that you think are potential scum?

Do you think that popsofctown is more than 50% likely to be scum?
To rephrase the prev question, In general, how strong is your scum read of popsofctown?
Do you think that he hammered razorback on day 1 entirely as a bus?

skerterg, do you think that kelikar was scummy or did you find anything linking him to razorback? (I didn't, the scummiest thing he did was lurker hunting).

Is Red Star V/LA or something?
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 3:04 am

Post by Exilon »

Sorry, everyone. I'm going to be
V/LA'ish
until Monday afternoon. I will still be able to post, but not much.

Sekerterg brought up a very good case. I, for one, saw Kelikar and his posts as a newbie who was trying to pick up on something - but when put toghether, if he was indeed "coaching" Razorback, (being "smart") that isn't much consistent with his attacks which were a little poor. Even if I agree with you, I still believe Pops is more probably scum.
Feels like I've been here before.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 3:11 am

Post by Exilon »

EBWOP:
Also, KittyMo, wasn't Pops at L1?

Right. I got mixed up because I accidentally editted this vote count into the last one originally. :/ Thanks. ~KittyMo
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 3:48 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

skerterg wrote:To horrordude0215: well, I looked at your posts and I didn't really find that much that would give indication that you could be the scum partner of razorback. Looking at your ISO, I see that you voted for razorback in post 23/24. In your next main post (27) you respond to my accusations. And...that's it. A few posts without that much content; check for yourself. Nothing that indicates you are defending razorback or trying to teach him. However, I guess you could be scum who just wanted to stay quiet during the whole process. Add the fact that you are specifically asking me this...and you have proven yourself to be more scummy than Exilon! Congratulations.
I can understand the issue about not much content being scummy, but how is me asking you why you dropped a case on me considered scummy?
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by skerterg »

First, to horrordude0215: the only thing you commented on about my long post (which really was only meant to deal with KageLord) was about my views on you (refer back to your post; I don't even see the word kelikar or KageLord in there!). I think I already gave my reasoning in an earlier post, and in my long post (if you read it) I mentioned I found nothing really that would tie you to razorback. It's like going to an airport to buy food; clearly that's not the main purpose of the airport. If you had commented more about my entire post instead of a very small, insignificant portion, then I would much less suspicious about your motives; the fact that you only talked about yourself didn't feel right to me.

Now, to Excedrin: Yes, Red Star said he would be V/LA until 10th/11th. And please explain when the technique would catch town. Also, your questions make me feel like you didn't read my post. If you didn't, I talked a bit in it about how I saw kelikar tied to razorback and some scummy things he did. If you did the read the post and want me go into more detail, just ask. I already gave an example in kelikar's post 9 which I feel was intended at teaching razorback; here is another:
kelikar, 181 wrote:
razorback wrote: hmmm. hay i try to keep but hay if i die then that's how the game has to play out. and it's not excuses thing's just go from bad to worse as i play these games i never seem to get out of day one or two. because i always fuck thing's up so i have come with a simple stya alive as long as i can.........
Sorry dude, but you aren't really helping your case. It would be nice if you gave your views on everyone instead of posting just to excuse yourself.
Until I see something other than that,
Vote: razorback.
(bolded sentence added for emphasis)

That sentence definitely seems to me to be scum trying to communicate to the other. Sounds like something that would tell razorback why kelikar was bussing him. Afterwards, razorback voted for Red Star and posted his long string of quotes from Red Star. I do not recall once that razorback ever commented on kelikar. Looking back, I see that there is only one time he ever mentioned kelikar:
razorback, 15 wrote:yes well you'll have to forgive my action's i kinda lost myself i'm a bit on edge here in this game. i have been off the grid for some one years time and as you can see i have temper probelm. that's why i don't like to speak to much because my control slips. i have tryed not to come off sounding scummy buit's it's hard on me as townie i'm better suited for a power role. when i can blend in with people and mask my self in to my play area...

not a.t.e. just simple fact
Before that, he quoted a very long quote from kelikar that I didn't put here in interest of space, but I would advise you to look back. For once, razorback sounds apologetic. Perhaps to a fellow mafia? I hope I'm not getting too into this, but I'm beginning to get more and more convinced.

I have more to add now that I have some spare time. I have some examples of KageLord's posts in Day 2:

First, he accuses Exilon of hopping the pops wagon.
KageLord wrote:The other suspect would be Exilon. Now I'm way less convinced for him, but he did seem pretty quick to jump on the pops wagon right there. I mean, skert and I had expressed suspicion already, but we hadn't even voted.
Hmmm...I don't think Exilon "seem[ed] pretty quick to jump on the pops wagon," because he already did state that pops was one he was suspicious of in a previous post.
Exilon, 35 wrote:So, my top 3 scum reads:
Excedrin - for seemingly changing words around, and apparent tunneling. Also he wasn't present during Day 1 which adds to the fact there is little information known about him.
Popsofctown - For reasons stated, for his general behaviour on Day 1, his hammer vote, and not much content. Still, countering this is that most of my reasoning and questions were answered by him, albeit not very sactisfatorly.
Horrordude - Not much content, and his behaviour at the end of Day 1 which didn't strike me right.
Second, you voted for pops afterwards also. Though I can't accuse you of wagoning, since you were pretty much suspicious of pops all along, I do feel it is a little hypocritical.

Some quotes illustrating what I feel is KageLord's guilt:
KageLord wrote:And lol what's the reasoning behind me as your 3rd guess?
This was after I put him third on my scum reads list, after pops and horror. For some reason, I don't like the "lol". Feels like he's trying to brush it off while still inquiring.
KageLord wrote:And as for skert's suspicion on me and horror, I can tell you that I know kelikar wasn't scum. Not that you'd probably believe me. XD

If your problem with him was the lurking, then I don't know why you would still suspect him. After all, I'm pretty sure I haven't been lurking for the couple of days I've been in this game. And if kelikar had been razor's buddy, I don't know what he would have gained by not voting.
More evidence. My suspicion wasn't even that much; I hardly even mentioned it (I just said I'll have to look into kelikar's and horror's posts in more detail). I don't see horrordude0215 doing this, even though he is in roughly the same position.
KageLord wrote:Sorry for double post. Just realized that kelikar did vote... for razor. Now that still wouldn't seem suspicious to me. Maybe if he had held out then hammered at the end, he might seem scummy, but he was one of the first to vote him and stay. I have never heard of a scum strategy to vote early on your teammate... especially if he's a newbie who might just blurt out something like, "Hey man, why'd you vote for me? I thought we were a team." I'm pretty sure razor would have been pissed if it had been his teammate who did an early vote.
Poor reasoning here, I feel. razorback was never considered "townsie", so to me it is very reasonable to bus him early. That is probably what I would have done. Also, kelikar voted for him third, which isn't that early. To me, hammering him at the end isn't really scummy. That is why pop's actions didn't feel right to me as mafia. (Unless he's pulling WIFOM; I have to consider that). It just draws extra attention to oneself. In addition, I'm pretty sure I have
never
seen anyone blurt that out, no matter how bad.

Jeez, Exilon, you'll be gone for a whole week? Also, do you still consider horrordude0215 to be one of your top scum reads?
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by KageLord »

KageLord's defensiveness/guilty conscience
Uhhh... I was not aware that a townie trying to prove he's not scum was called defensiveness/guilty conscience. Maybe I should just not defend myself in the future? O.o

I really don't even know where to begin, skert. First off, with my personal life, I probably won't be able to check in as much as I want to. APs still going on right now, stuff after school every day this week, senior exit with pride next week, senior brunch next week, commemorative and graduation next week, three tests, two projects, guests coming on the weekend, graduation parties next week, scholarship due dates, finalizing things for college, and so on... my life's quite busy right now. Rather than just staying with a no vote, I decided to pick the person I thought was most scummy and vote them. I could always just come back and change the vote if he made a compelling argument (which he doesn't even seem to be trying to do). I don't view L-1 as a hammer (maybe because of my inexperience).

As for kelikar trying to teach razor, while I probably wouldn't do that, I don't think it really indicates anything about him/me being scum. I thought that the point of newbie games was for people that have played at least 1 game to help the complete newbies. This is actually my second in-game day of online mafia, so maybe I'm confusing something there...

Furthermore, I still don't think it's very much like scum to vote their partner early when there is still a good chance they could get lynched. If the order listed in the vote count is the right order of how people voted, which I believe it is, then he was the second to vote for razor. I doubt that would be a good strategy for scum no matter how you look at it.

And now I'm kind of suspicious about how often skert is changing his suspicions. Either he changes his mind a hell of a lot or he just doesn't like sharing his real thoughts with town. Still, this only raises my suspicions on him about 5%. He's still not near the top of my list.

But all of this will probably only increase his suspicions by me being "defensive".

For Excedrin's questions:

Yeah, I would have to say my next suspicion would be Exilon. I explained why in my last or second last post, I think. After that... no real suspicions. Though, I would still keep an eye on Red Star. The longer he stays alive, the less it would seem to be a WIFOM. Then again, that could be what the scum want us to think. Then again... recursive thinking. Just saying, keeping an eye on him couldn't hurt.

As for how scummy pops is to me, I'd say about 51%. But how useless I think he is to town now that he has lost interest, 99%. Since he's at L-1, clearly I'm not the only one that has suspicions about him. Even if he is just a town who doesn't care if town wins or not, he is only hurting our chances.
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by KageLord »

KageLord wrote:
And lol what's the reasoning behind me as your 3rd guess?
This was after I put him third on my scum reads list, after pops and horror. For some reason, I don't like the "lol". Feels like he's trying to brush it off while still inquiring.
lol at your read into my lol. Sorry. Had to mention it. xP
Show

Record:

skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by skerterg »

Thanks for your post, KageLord. First off, kelikar was the third to vote for razorback. Red Star and Leafsnail held the 1st and 2nd vote, respectively. After kelikar voted, horror voted, and Red Star retracted his vote.

And no, I don't think you are being "defensive" with the post you just wrote, at least not in the sense that I'm using it in (i.e. ridden with guilty conscience). I had made a whole argument against you; it is only proper for you to respond. However, previously, I didn't have much to say against you. I put you third in my list and never indicated I suspected you. Then, when I simply said, "kelikar and horrordude0215 can both be possible buddies of razorback. horror didn't have too much to say, IIRC, and neither did kelikar/KageLord. I'll need to do more analysis into their posts." you immediately replied with a defensive argument for kelikar. Since there was never an actual argument against you, I don't know why you replied so suddenly and forcefully.

And of course you can change your vote if you needed to. However, since there were two other people, me and horror, who were looking like they were going to vote for pops, you might not get a chance to retract your vote if they voted, as that would be lynch. That is why I said putting him at L-1 was effectively a hammer.

Also, razorback was SE, so he's had some experience with mafia. So he wasn't a complete newbie. In fact, I think a newbie would be more likely to change his or her technique/follow other's advice. Razorback doesn't sound like a newbie; he sounds like a poor player. You can check his meta to confirm this; he never seemed to change his style. This would make me want to bus him earlier, since his consistently bad play would only hurt the mafia's chances.

If pops really doesn't want to play, then a much more reasonable action would be to replace him, as we did with ahoda. Just saying.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by KittyMo »

[3] popsofctown - (Red Star, Exilon, KageLord)

[1] Exilon - (Excedrin)
[1] KageLord - (skerterg)
[0] Excedrin - ()
[0] horrordude0215 - ()
[0] Red Star - ()

[1]
Not Voting
- (popsofctown)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

none
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by Excedrin »

skerterg wrote:Now, to Excedrin: Yes, Red Star said he would be V/LA until 10th/11th. And please explain when the technique would catch town.
The gist of it was that you made a case against popsofctown but didn't vote, then expected scum to be opportunistic and hop on the wagon. It should be obvious why that plan catches town (possibly only newbies?). They read it and go, "yea that case makes sense, Vote X." You'll also sometimes catch noob scum this way, it depends on context.
skerterg wrote:Also, your questions make me feel like you didn't read my post. If you didn't, I talked a bit in it about how I saw kelikar tied to razorback and some scummy things he did. If you did the read the post and want me go into more detail, just ask.
re: post 371 I did read it before, I'll post more detailed thoughts later, for now you might be on to something...

Vote: KageLord
(Exilon, don't think you're off the hook, consider this a temporary reprieve)

What did KageLord post that you thought was overdefensive?
KageLord wrote:Well, I think as a town our votes so far have been on the right track. I could see some reasoning behind each one of them. Even if we get a wrong one on this day,
I think we have narrowed it down enough for the survivors to get the right one tomorrow.
I have a hypothetical question for KageLord, lets say that popsofctown was lynched and X was nightkilled, survivors would be some combo of 4 of these players and yourself:
Excedrin
Exilon
Red Star
skerterg
horrordude0215
Does that really look like an easy situation to you?

Replacing ICs is frustrating.
I hope that popsofctown doesn't need to be replaced. Skerterg, you read the game where I hammered wrong in final 3, in that game we had an IC who was very inactive. He always said, "I'm extremely busy with work..." etc. So, I don't think that popsofctown is scum but I'm willing to lynch him if he doesn't get more active and/or replace out.

Finally, popsofctown had a really good point, re razorback. I've just recently read him in iso and he's hillarious. Finally, ZOMG where is Red Star? i hav to iso redstar from my main computer. i like to have proof to hole my vote up. it's far worse when pepole have no case when they lynch someone at least from all the games i played and everything i have learned. i took that much from all i have seen in this place and try my best present a case when i vote. you know i discussion seems useful but in the end we all know who's going to die.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 4:20 am

Post by KageLord »

Excedrin wrote:
KageLord wrote:Well, I think as a town our votes so far have been on the right track. I could see some reasoning behind each one of them. Even if we get a wrong one on this day,
I think we have narrowed it down enough for the survivors to get the right one tomorrow.
I have a hypothetical question for KageLord, lets say that popsofctown was lynched and X was nightkilled, survivors would be some combo of 4 of these players and yourself:
Excedrin
Exilon
Red Star
skerterg
horrordude0215
Does that really look like an easy situation to you?
Okay, so let's say pops is lynched (and turns out not to be scum) and I'm nightkilled just for this argument. I would say that this does look like town could actually have a high chance of winning. Since I think our main hunter is skert (though he could just be smart scum), if he knows he's not scum, he would have 4 people to examine. And I would personally not really suspect Excedrin, so it's more like 3 people. Red Star might look more suspicious at this point for still being alive, but that could be a prolonged WIFOM risk.

I think you and skert would be able to figure it out... unless one of you turns out to be the scum, which would suck. Either way, even if we get one wrong on the next day as well, with the final 3, even if it's complete guessing (which I would hope it wouldn't be at that point), we have a coin flip chance of winning.
Show

Record:

horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 7:35 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

skerterg wrote:If you had commented more about my entire post instead of a very small, insignificant portion, then I would much less suspicious about your motives; the fact that you only talked about yourself didn't feel right to me.
Your original post had said you were going to look at both me and Kelikar/KageLord, and then when your long post came out, you only talked about Kelikar. I was more concerned with why you more or less completely dropped your case on me at the time. Wouldn't you think that was suspicious as well?
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 8:24 am

Post by popsofctown »

Whoa. I think post 380 just pierced the crap out of the game.
unvote, vote KageLord

I think skertberg has done a very good job of illustrating a connection between kelikar and razorback. Kelikar seemed kind of an active lurker d1 as well iirc. KageLord's own play today hasn't been as bad, but I think his slot can be lynched solely based on kelikar's day 1 play.
skerterg wrote: If pops really doesn't want to play, then a much more reasonable action would be to replace him, as we did with ahoda. Just saying.
This because I didn't post May 11th? Besides that rough patch where I was gone for a good bit, and that was partially due to me packing up my dorm room and driving 11 hours home and being exhausted, I've been keeping what I consider to be acceptable activity in this game. Most consider posting every other day to be fine, most mods don't permit a prod until 72 hours of absence.

I don't have a lot of content now that I'm here, because I'm having trouble getting a bead on this game. It happens.

@horrordude: maybe he had such a eureka he didn't feel the need to look at you?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 8:38 am

Post by KageLord »

Don't confuse kelikar's idea of helping razor for them being scum buddies. I can see how you could reach that conclusion, but really I think it's just that kelikar's a helpful guy. I mean, I would probably be suspicious of him to, if not for the fact that I took over his spot and thus know that he wasn't scum. I'm just saying, if you lynch me based on that and me voting for pops... it's only hurting the town.

But alas, as I said before, I'm still confident the town will win even with a wrong lynch today. The only problem might come about if the person nightkilled is skert, who seems to be making the long examining posts. If both me and pops are innocent... well, then the scum can feel much safer, considering there are two big suspicions that aren't him.

Also, just a general question for you more experienced players: do you think it is more scummy to vote L-1s and hammers every time (or most of the time) someone is going to be lynched or to vote one person early and focus all your posts on getting him? Note that this is a hypothetical and mostly unrelated to this game since no one is really doing the latter, as far as I can tell.
Show

Record:

Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:17 am

Post by Excedrin »

Wagoning is always somewhat scummy, but all votes have the same weight and should be examined equally. The hammer vote is no more special than the 1st vote since they're all necessary to actually lynch.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Excedrin »

Note that there's 2 players at L-1, please don't hammer. If you feel the need to hammer, please mention that before your vote.

KageLord, what's your prior experience with mafia?
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:29 am

Post by KageLord »

... One other game that I had replaced into. And that ended the day (in-game, not realtime), or I suppose the night, that I entered. Not the ideal place to replace into for my first ever game. xD

So yeah... this is my second game and second day. :)
Show

Record:

Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by Excedrin »

I'm not the mod and I want to prod everyone. There's stuff going on here and we need more activity. I can't wait for the next Red Star post...

horrordude, you already know what I think about popsofctown, what do you think about him?
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 10:23 pm

Post by Red Star »

Ok guys, I'm back!

It looks to me like Exilon and Excedrin are two townies who are actively checking the thread. So I don't think that either of them are scum.
This to me leaves popsofctown, skerterg, horrordude0215 and KageLord.
Of these four, I'm inclinded to believe that skerterg is a townie, due to his high-content posts and general scumhunting.
Therefore, I believe that the final scum is either popsofctown, horrordude0215 or KageLord.

(You'll have to excuse my habit of summarising posts to their bare essentials.)

popsofctown-
0:1- Fluff
2- RV horrordude0215
3- Theory explanation
4- States that town requires less work.
5:6- Fluff
7- Passive player
8:10- Fluff
11- FoS: Red Star due to throwing out suspicions without following up
12- Says that ahoda's post 105 sounds paranoid
13- Votes ahoda
14- Asks ahoda to replace out without unvoting him
15- "Lots of effort to unvote him and revote him"
16- "I don't like to move my vote around unnecessarily. It's noise."
17:19- Fluff
20- Doesn't like to move vote, because it complicates game
21:22- Fluff
23- Says that a Skerterg/Red Star pairing is possible
24- Votes Red Star
25- Fluff
26- Says moving vote around will confuse people about intentions.
a) Says that massive posts are not auto-town
27:28- Fluff
29- razorback's style is hilarious
30- razorback too scummy to be scum
31- Does not want to lynch razorback because he wants to watch him post more

Ok, with post 31, he says that he doesn't want to lynch razorback, stating it in a resigned tone, after previously voting Red Star. Later on, he unvotes and hammers razorback. This seems pretty inconsistant.

32- Says that razorback seems to be town aligned insane, instead of scum aligned insane.
33- Fluff
34- Hammers razorback

Ok, with post 31 and this post, this is a huge amount of inconsistancy in a very short amount of time. This makes me rather suspicious of pops now.

35:36- Fluff
37- Suprised about razorback's alignment.
38:41- Fluff
42- Votes Skerterg due to placement of vote
43:44- Fluff
45- Disintrested
46- Wary of Skerterg for giving town read on pops. Possibly trying to cast suspicion on someone without seeming overly scum
47- ???
48- Says he has too many townreads in the game
49- Votes KageLord

horrordude0215-
0- Fluff
1- RV/OMGUS Exilon
2:3- Fluff
4- Loves being scum.
5:7- Fluff
8- Says razorback is overly defensive. Votes razorback
9- Asks Kranix for reason for vote
10- Votes ahoda due to small pronoun slip.

Know that we know that ahoda/Leafsnail is/are actually town, this seems to be a scum trying to divert attention to someone else and seem to actually be scumhunting while baselessly accusing people.

11:13- Fluff
14- Votes pops due to putting ahoda at L-1
15- Says that "L-1 is a gutsy move", because scum can quickhammer
16:22- Fluff
23- Votes Razorback because razorback is not contributing to town
24- Fluff
25- Hypocrisy, because accusing pops of putting ahoda on L-1 is gutsy but did the same thing with razorback. Says that he miscounting the votes.
26- Not 100% focussed on game
27- Claims that he believed ahoda slipped up, so he changed his vote.
28:30- Fluff
31- Votes Excedrin due to misrep
32- Fluff
33- Claims Excedrin needs more votes
34:35- Fluff
36- Unvotes, because he believes that it's two bickering town.
37- Doesn't want to vote popsofctown because not ready to put him at L-1
38- Votes skerterg because he didn't analyse horrordude0215.

This seems again to be horrordude accusing people and trying to throw suspicions around without looking scummy himself.

39:40- Fluff

Kelikar/KageLord
0- Fluff
1- RV popsofctown
2- Fluff
3- Tries to pull game out of RVS by something that's far-fetched
4:8- Fluff
9- Accuses razorback of accusing horrordude very fast
10- Unvote
11- Votes Kranix due to lurking
12- Fluff
13- Says person who replaces ahoda has explaining to do
14- Accuses pops of wanting to finish game early.
15:17- Fluff
18- Wants people to focus on Kranix instead of ahoda
19- Says people are nitpicking the ahoda "you" post.
20- Unvotes
21- Votes Razorback
22- Misread horrordude's post as Red Star's
23- V/LA
24- Back
25- People who didn't want to lynch razorback do not have the best intrests of town in mind
26- Final post by kelikar

INTRO OF KAGELORD

27- Would like other people to give opinion seeing as last posts by Excedrin and Exilon
28- Wants explanation from pops
29- Says pops is suspicious due to not responding to suspicions against him.
30- Suspicious of pops of Exilon.
31- Says he's not scum.
32- Tries to justify the fact he's not scum.
33- Votes pops
34- Says that the fact he's defending himself means he's not scum
35:36- Fluff
37- Confident town can win with a mislynch
38- Fluff

My order of the most suspicious is Horrordude0215, then popsofctown, then KageLord.
This is because of the lack of content in his posts, and his quickness to accuse different people and vote for them.
I'm suspicious of popsofctown because of his inconsistancy, his "razorback is funny let's not kill him" and his lack of actual scumhunting posts.
I'm suspicious of KageLord because he is very defensive and seems to be trying too hard to convince people that he's scum.

That said:
Unvote, Vote: horrordude0215

Exilon wrote:....Huh?
I originally wrote that thinking that I could self-protect, because I've only read my role PM once. Then I read it again, and realised that I couldn't self-protect. So I went back and changed some things so it made sense, but it looks like I missed some parts

Welcome back :D ~KittyMo
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 1:25 am

Post by Exilon »

Ok, "quick" quotes here.

Yes, skerteg, I'll be gone for a while. I have an exam on Monday and I have to focus on it.. alot. So I won't be able to focus much on the game. Still:
KageLord wrote: Yeah, I would have to say my next suspicion would be Exilon. I explained why in my last or second last post, I think. After that... no real suspicions. Though, I would still keep an eye on Red Star.
After Pops, Kage's next suspicion is me. The explanation he mentions is, in fact, there; but it's interesting how I responded to it and it was never addressed after, yet it still stands to base Kagelord's suspicion. Are you trying to make it look like you've been paying atention and have solid stances?
Excedrin wrote: (Exilon, don't think you're off the hook, consider this a temporary reprieve)
I don't know why this reads like "After Kagelord is dead, you're next", which seems to transpire with certainty of Kagelord's alignment (and mine.). And if that is so, why are you voting him? Also to note I can't find any reason for your vote in that post.

I'm tied in my suspicions for both Kagelord and Pops, for reasons stated. (Besides agreeing with Skert's case, although to a lesser degree, since I can see Kelikar, as Kagelord pointed out, a newbie trying hard to be helpful). Next is Excedrin and Horror - Horror on 372 did not comment about Kagelord's case, instead pursuing Skerterg for LACK of a case on him. Skerterg explains his reasons (which I find to be perfectly acceptable, agreeing with them or not), but the discussion continues. Besides...
Horror wrote: Wouldn't you think ["dropping the case"] that was suspicious as well?
And why would it be suspicious? This question doesn't seem much relevant.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 3:55 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Exilon wrote:
Horror wrote:Wouldn't you think ["dropping the case"] that was suspicious as well?
And why would it be suspicious? This question doesn't seem much relevant.
It's a contradiction, IMO... He says he's suspicious of both me and Kage, and then he only analyzes Kage, without giving an explanation as to why he was ignoring me.... I find it scummy.

@Mod and Everyone: V/LA from Tomorrow at about Noonish until Monday

Red, I will try my best to get to your case before I leave, though!

Noted! You won't be prodded! Have fun w/ whatever you're doing! ~KittyMo
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:55 am

Post by KittyMo »

[3] KageLord - (skerterg, Excedrin, popsofctown)

[2] popsofctown - (Exilon, KageLord)
[1] horrordude0215 - (Red Star)
[0] Excedrin - ()
[0] Exilon - ()
[0] Red Star - ()

[0]
Not Voting
- ()

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

none

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.” ~ Sun Tzu

"plz don't swear" -- N
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by KageLord »

Exilon wrote:
KageLord wrote: Yeah, I would have to say my next suspicion would be Exilon. I explained why in my last or second last post, I think. After that... no real suspicions. Though, I would still keep an eye on Red Star.
After Pops, Kage's next suspicion is me. The explanation he mentions is, in fact, there; but it's interesting how I responded to it and it was never addressed after, yet it still stands to base Kagelord's suspicion. Are you trying to make it look like you've been paying atention and have solid stances?
Oh yeah, I kind of mentally responded to that post but forgot to post it. By "wagon", I meant suspicion wagon, not vote wagon, since as you said there were no votes. I just found it odd that you would vote first out of us, despite not having voiced suspicion of him for a while. Skert and I apparently were going to wait for him to respond to our suspicions before voting or whatnot, so I didn't see why you'd jump ahead and vote. But you are right in that it isn't so scummy, which is why you're a far second in my mind. It doesn't even nearly mean I would vote for you.
Show

Record:

skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by skerterg »

First to popsofctown: I only brought up the issue of replacing you because you stated earlier that you weren't enjoying the game.
popsofctown wrote:It's not laziness so much as disinterest. I'm just not into this one, for some reason or other. Might be the wallposting, might be that I read razorback so poorly day 1, but I'm just not enjoying this game when I come to read and post in it so I'm doing so less.
Also, it was more in reply to KageLord:
KageLord wrote:But how useless I think he is to town now that he has lost interest, 99%. Since he's at L-1, clearly I'm not the only one that has suspicions about him. Even if he is just a town who doesn't care if town wins or not, he is only hurting our chances.
If he is town who doesn't care if town wins or not, then hopefully he would have the courtesy of allowing someone else to play. That's it, pops; I didn't say that because you didn't post for a day.

To horror, again: I said in my post that I didn't find anything that scummy for you. So, I talked about kelikar/KageLord, in whose posts I did find scummy elements. And I did analyze your posts ISO; I just chose to talk about it very little. I would now like you to comment on KageLord (I don't think you have already). How high does he rank on your scum-dar? What are your top suspicions right now?

To Excedrin: Do you know Leafsnail from previous experience?

Good luck on your exam, Exilon!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”