Newbie 937 ~ Mafia Lite [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

Excedrin wrote:
horrordude0215 wrote:
Excedrin wrote:Vote: horrordude0215 Why did you not vote for popsofctown? You're the only person I haven't looked at in depth, so you get my vote for now.
:lol: that just makes me laugh. I'm the only one you didn't look at so I get your vote? And I already stated why I didn't vote pops... I was going on V/LA for a few days and didn't want to place a vote before I left.
Why not? You think he's scum and want him lynched, so you don't vote for him?
It's just my playstyle, and I know that a lot of people find it scummy for me to cast a vote on a popular BW and then dissapear.
horrordude0215 wrote:
can we lynch horrordude0215 today? There's a good chance he's scum but if not
then at least we're removing one of the least active and most useless townies right?
That is one of the most obv. policy lynches ever :lol:
Wow scummy response.
See bolded... how is that NOT a policy lynch?
1. horrordude posts
horrordude0215 wrote:[hypocricy] But why hasn't there been really any posts? (FTR, I was on V/LA for a band trip. Sorry if I didn't make that clear ) Content here would be nice. [/hypocricy]
2. I post a huge post that talks about a lot of different crap
Yeah, but since my last post, there was only 12 more. Sure, you posted something, but not many others did.
3. he responds only to one direct question and tries to brush off my suspicion
Well when you only ask me one thing and don't even MENTION me at all other than to say that I was more active as scum in previous games. (Which, BTW is a bit of a difference from this one), there's really not much more to comment on, don't you agree?
How is: I think everyone else is town, therefore you're scum
a policy lynch?
How is
tl;dr I ignored Exilon on purpose, he still seems scummy to me,
everyone else has at least one post that I can link that gives me a pretty solid town read.
One more thing, I didn't want to say that I think skerterg's case against KageLord kinda sucks until skerterg was done pressuring KageLord. At this point, any reaction we're going to get from pressure is past. So, post #388 is scummy because I don't think skerterg's case is very good.
and
KageLord is a possible option
mean that you think everyone else is town? ESPECIALLY when you look at the bolded portion of the first quote!

Vote: Excedrin
See sig... Contradictions are scummy!
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Excedrin »

horrordude0215 wrote:
Excedrin wrote:
horrordude0215 wrote:
Excedrin wrote:Vote: horrordude0215 Why did you not vote for popsofctown? You're the only person I haven't looked at in depth, so you get my vote for now.
:lol: that just makes me laugh. I'm the only one you didn't look at so I get your vote? And I already stated why I didn't vote pops... I was going on V/LA for a few days and didn't want to place a vote before I left.
It's just my playstyle, and I know that a lot of people find it scummy for me to cast a vote on a popular BW and then dissapear.
So you're agreeing. Do you want to just resign now?
horrordude0215 wrote:
horrordude0215 wrote:
then at least we're removing one of the least active and most useless townies right?
Wow scummy response.
Is there a problem with policy lynches?
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by skerterg »

Ah, pops, I see now. I read post 411 wrong.

Please, popsofctown, post more. There has been a lot said; I'm sure you could find something to comment on.

Excedrin, if you really want a compromise lynch, I would suggest popsofctown. I know you said that you would rather compromise on horror than on pops. But why? You say in your post that he could be disinterested, or scum. In my opinion, he is more inactive/less helpful than horrordude0215. Furthermore, there is more evidence against him. I don't think he gave his views very much either. If you support a policy lynch, lynching pops would be my first choice. I can't think of any real defense for him.

Why place Excedrin so highly on your scum list, Exilon? Personally, I believe that he has made some very good points. After I reread my imaginary scenario about the night kill, I found it to be pretty ludicrous. Also, his keeping silent on his views on my case is good, as it allows us to get a better reaction from KageLord. If Excedrin had said that my case was poor earlier, then KageLord would not feel as much pressure. Instead, he voted against KageLord to force him to defend himself. We can then use this information, as well as reactions from others (such as popsofctown's post 388, as Ex noted).

Once again, horror posts responses only applicable to him. Excedrin talked about a whole lot of other stuff in his post, yet you only mention his talk about you. It reminds me of when I posted my case against kelikar/KageLord and you mentioned something irrelevant/nonessential concerning you. I have yet to hear any of your thoughts about my case, even though I think I asked for them earlier. Also, I think Ex in post 393 asked you what you thought about pops. Did you respond to that either?
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 3:42 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Excedrin wrote:
horrordude0215 wrote:
Excedrin wrote:
horrordude0215 wrote:
So you're agreeing. Do you want to just resign now?
What? Yes, I thought he was scummy and wouldn't have minded his lynch, but again, placing a vote and going V/LA is scummy. I really don't see what you're getting at.

horrordude0215 wrote:
horrordude0215 wrote:
Wow scummy response.
Is there a problem with policy lynches?
Policy Lynches are easy opportunity for scum to cover their asses after mislynches. They are also very scummy. BTW, I like how you're not denying that that was your intention :wink:

And why didn't you comment on the rest of my post?
skerterg wrote:Once again, horror posts responses only applicable to him. Excedrin talked about a whole lot of other stuff in his post, yet you only mention his talk about you. It reminds me of when I posted my case against kelikar/KageLord and you mentioned something irrelevant/nonessential concerning you. I have yet to hear any of your thoughts about my case, even though I think I asked for them earlier. Also, I think Ex in post 393 asked you what you thought about pops. Did you respond to that either?
I promise I will get to this and your other concerns about me later. Just wanted to let you know that I'm not ignoring you!
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 4:45 am

Post by Excedrin »

horrordude0215 wrote:What? Yes, I thought he was scummy and wouldn't have minded his lynch, but again, placing a vote and going V/LA is scummy. I really don't see what you're getting at.
You didn't vote because you thought others would see that action as scummy. You know who's concerned with their own appearance?
horrordude0215 wrote:Policy Lynches are easy opportunity for scum to cover their asses after mislynches. They are also very scummy. BTW, I like how you're not denying that that was your intention :wink:
That's silly. If someone tries to get someone else lynched for a purely policy reason, that's typically going to attract a lot of attention, see popsofctown's vote for ahoda on day 1 for an example from this game. Aside from that, as I've said, it's not policy, you're scum. If I didn't think you were scum then it would be a policy lynch.
skerterg wrote:Once again, horror posts responses only applicable to him.
For obvious reasons.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Excedrin »

There's only a few days left to deadline, Exilon, KageLord, skerterg, popsofctown are you willing to vote for horrordude0215?
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by skerterg »

Deadline is in about two days (less, actually).

I'd be okay with a KageLord, pops, or horror lynch. My mind isn't made up yet; I'll post more detailed thoughts on Thursday.

Horror, I feel you are popping suspicions everywhere. First, you said that you believed Red Star's claim. Now, you FOS him (admittedly, you gave your reasons, which weren't that bad). You also FOS'd/"intent-voted" pops. Before you quickly accused Excedrin of misrepping, then you say that you believe he and Exilon are town, and now you accuse him again. You accused me earlier almost completely because
I didn't accuse you
and you didn't comment on the main topic of my post. You also stated quite a few times that you would put forth your thoughts on KageLord and others, yet I don't see much for you. (The best I can find is your post 402, where you examine pops's post 400). In total, you have voted on Excedrin and me, with FOS's on Red Star and pops (and an "intent-vote" on pops).

Now, don't you think that scum would be more likely than town to switch around votes like that? Because they are scum, they know everyone else is town and are more likely to move around votes/become less fixated on someone (because they know that that person is innocent). It kind of goes off of pops's post in p. 400, except I'm arguing not about the strength of the case (I believe it is very possible for determined scum to find facts in advocating a lynch, especially if his target is acting scummily) but more about lower times in finding/switching to new targets.

I'll post on Thursday afternoon or night (I live in Texas) my final thoughts and final vote. Hopefully some of us will be on at about the same time to discuss cases and/or defend as necessary (I'm assuming that most of us live in U.S.; however, if Exilon lives in Portugal then it would be pretty late there by the time I come home from school). My guess is that twilight will be pretty short if we do lynch around that time, so after lynch if you have a point make it quickly.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Exilon »

Yes exam is over - I'll just post this up (started this yesterday but didn't finish) real quick and will re-read when I can to make up my mind about Horror. Since there's two days to deadline, I should have my mind made up until tomorrow at most.
Kagelord wrote: I just don't want this day to be wasted with a no-lynch.
I thought we had a majority on Pops. There's no danger of a no-lynch in this game, I even discussed this with Pops. I think enough times for you to know this.
Am I reading you wrong? :S
Skerterg wrote: Why place Excedrin so highly on your scum list, Exilon? Personally, I believe that he has made some very good points. After I reread my imaginary scenario about the night kill, I found it to be pretty ludicrous. Also, his keeping silent on his views on my case is good, as it allows us to get a better reaction from KageLord. If Excedrin had said that my case was poor earlier, then KageLord would not feel as much pressure. Instead, he voted against KageLord to force him to defend himself. We can then use this information, as well as reactions from others (such as popsofctown's post 388, as Ex noted).
"high" is a relative term. XD He's one of the most suspicious, but when taking into account the "amount of suspicion", let's say, it ends up as not being that "massive" as it might seem at first glance. He's tied with Kage and I don't find Kagelord ALL that scummy, if that explains anything.

Other reasons that I have for ranking Excedrin that high:
- Tl;dr on my last post which contains big evidence of him flipping around his own words. It's one of the things that's bugging me most about Excedrin, so since he has admitted to that I'll just voice my wish for him to answer this:
Exilon wrote:
Excedrin wrote:"The points I brought up in my first post are much stronger now that you're attempting to say that you did think that razorback was scum, despite the closest thing in any of your posts
to that effect
(
razorback being scum, as stated in this same sentence
)are your "FoS: Razorback". "
"Where else did you post that you thought
anyone
was scum on day 1?"
"
Aside from that,
where ELSE have you expressed suspicion?"

Bolded what's different since the previous one.
See how this sentence keeps changing each time I answer to it?

[the sentences he wrote are all supposed to be the same as the first one (paraphrased or not). Still, they're not the same and don't even read the same idea.]

- I can't precisely pinpoint it, but he has accused me of a policy lynch and that was part of the discussion. Now he's being accused of following it and he retorts with "Aside from that, as I've said, it's not policy, you're scum. If I didn't think you were scum then it would be a policy lynch.", which I don't really like as the definition of "policy lynch". Policy lynch involves, on its own, reasons to lynch someone. This sentence reads as " you can't policy lynch scum" - yet he accused me of doing it with Razorback. Doesn't read right, in my opinion. :s

- As Horror pointed as well, he seems to be contradicting himself a little - first, he thinks I'm the only one capable of being scum because everyone else as strong town post. Votes for Horror to press him, also addressing that, even if he's town, he's a "liability", so to speak. Then I'm guessing that Horror's next answer completely turns Excedrin's view around as he starts seeing Horror as scum?

- I can easily see how Excedrin would say what he has been saying as scum, a little more easily than I can see other player's posting what they've been posting. For example, it starts by attacking me, after I defend myself, since no one is voting for me he changes his focus, comments on the Pop's wagon (without jumping on the wagon), then votes Kagelord in a post that I commented about (and got no answer to, although I know now what that vote came from)... The fact that he didn't immedeitly point out flaws in a "strong-town player" can be seen as scum hoping for a safe wagon with a secondary plan in case it doesn't go through... But this end up as being quite the null-tell. Maybe with more information (aka posts) it'll be easier to see.

So you can see my mind is a little split on Excedrin. I guess I can postpone him for now.

My vote is remaining on Pops until I read Horror a little better.
Feels like I've been here before.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 6:36 am

Post by KageLord »

Exilon wrote:
Kagelord wrote: I just don't want this day to be wasted with a no-lynch.
I thought we had a majority on Pops. There's no danger of a no-lynch in this game, I even discussed this with Pops. I think enough times for you to know this.
Am I reading you wrong? :S
1. A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur
Sorry, when I reread the rules, I took this to mean that we must have a majority (4), not just one person having more votes than others. But either way, there are three people tied with 2 votes, meaning if things stay like this (which they hopefully won't with the deadline drawing nearer), it'll be a no-lynch. Unless I'm further misunderstanding the rules.

[hr]

As for voting for horror, I still think pops is more likely than him. In my mind, his defense of himself has cleared maybe only 1/6 of my suspicion on him. His last 4 posts have just been saying that he's going with a summary of post 400. This post was just a response to my question about the general scuminess rankings of people who lynch.

The post before that is a vote on me citing skert's logic and saying that I can be lynched solely based on kelikar's day 1 and not my play. The rest of the post is his reason for being absent for a while earlier and saying he's having a hard time getting a read on this game.
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 6:52 am

Post by popsofctown »

Excedrin wrote:There's only a few days left to deadline, Exilon, KageLord, skerterg, popsofctown are you willing to vote for horrordude0215?
Yes, I'd do that if we needed a deadline lynch. I think KageLord is probscum though
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:54 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Excedrin wrote:
horrordude0215 wrote:What? Yes, I thought he was scummy and wouldn't have minded his lynch, but again, placing a vote and going V/LA is scummy. I really don't see what you're getting at.
You didn't vote because you thought others would see that action as scummy. You know who's concerned with their own appearance?
Oh, so town can't possibly be worried if others see them as scummy? If a town person is taking heat, it gives scum a free pass for the round. Not to mention the fact that I had been against putting people at L-1 before and I didn't want to make the same mistake again (actually doing it)
horrordude0215 wrote:Policy Lynches are easy opportunity for scum to cover their asses after mislynches. They are also very scummy. BTW, I like how you're not denying that that was your intention :wink:
That's silly. If someone tries to get someone else lynched for a purely policy reason, that's typically going to attract a lot of attention, see popsofctown's vote for ahoda on day 1 for an example from this game. Aside from that, as I've said, it's not policy, you're scum. If I didn't think you were scum then it would be a policy lynch.[/quote]That's the thing though, you don't think I'm scum based off your post 415 where you say
I read some of horrordude0215's previous games, he was much more active as scum
tl;dr I ignored Exilon on purpose, he still seems scummy to me, everyone else has at least one post that I can link that gives me a pretty solid town read.
Those posts seem to imply that you have a town read on me. And then later in the post you vote for me because you haven't looked at me much and because I didn't put pops back at L-1 before going V/LA. Hmm... contradiction much?

(Note that I mentioned this twice and he didn't comment on it at all and in fact chose to ignore it)

For obvious reasons.
I don't understand this. Wouldn't I, as scum, try and build off of others' cases? And with 1 scum dead, I couldn't bus, so it would be very advantegous for me to try and get a bandwagon go to lynch, no?
Once again, horror posts responses only applicable to him. Excedrin talked about a whole lot of other stuff in his post, yet you only mention his talk about you.
What do you want me to do, parrot everything that people say?
Also, I think Ex in post 393 asked you what you thought about pops. Did you respond to that either?
I had a post written out, but I guess it didn't post. Sorry about that.

Re: Skerterg's 431: Yes and no. Yes it would be advantageous for scum to vote-hop, but they generally do it on large bandwagons to try and push a lynch. Both of my votes have been either the first or second vote on someone, and I have presented cases and reasons for my votes.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:00 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

@Mod: Could we get some clarification on the lynch rules? Does it take a majority or more votes than the others for a lynch to occur?
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Exilon »

game rules wrote: This game will have 3 week deadlines. At deadline, the player (or No Lynch) with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the tie breaker will be the player who has the first active vote on them. Should there be no active votes at deadline no one will be lynched.
This is the one you should be reading, Kagelord.
It was a little lazy of you to ask instead of search for the answer, Horror XD
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:44 am

Post by KageLord »

Ah, sorry. Didn't read that part too carefully. At least that's some good news.
Show

Record:

horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:55 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Exilon wrote:
game rules wrote: This game will have 3 week deadlines. At deadline, the player (or No Lynch) with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the tie breaker will be the player who has the first active vote on them. Should there be no active votes at deadline no one will be lynched.
This is the one you should be reading, Kagelord.
It was a little lazy of you to ask instead of search for the answer, Horror XD
I thought that Kage had posted the right rule and was confused about it lol :oops:
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count XXXV

[2] KageLord - (skerterg, popsofctown)

[2] popsofctown - (Exilon, KageLord)
[2] horrordude0215 - (Red Star, Excedrin)
[1] Excedrin - (horrordude0215)
[0] Exilon - ()
[0] Red Star - ()
[0] skerterg - ()

[0]
Not Voting
- ()

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

Red Star has been prodded. Because this is his 3rd prod, if he responds to his prod but then goes for another 72 hours without posting, he won't be prodded and the replacement search will immediately commence.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by Excedrin »

horrordude0215 wrote:That's the thing though, you don't think I'm scum based off your post 415 where you say
Excedrin wrote:I read some of horrordude0215's previous games, he was much more active as scum
This doesn't reflect on your align. You played differently in previous games to the way you're playing now. I'm not sure what that means. It's possible that you were busy with exams or whatever AND scum or AND town.
horrordude0215 wrote:
Excedrin wrote:tl;dr I ignored Exilon on purpose, he still seems scummy to me, everyone else has at least one post that I can link that gives me a pretty solid town read.
Those posts seem to imply that you have a town read on me. And then later in the post you vote for me because you haven't looked at me much and because I didn't put pops back at L-1 before going V/LA. Hmm... contradiction much?
The cautious way you avoided putting him at L-1 even though someone else was at L-1 at the time seems very questionable. Secondly, I'm not sure how you go from "seems to imply town" to "you don't think I'm scum" when I said "everyone else has some town posts" vs "horrordude is scum." One is extremely clear, the other is an implication. Stop saying that I don't think you're scum. Secondly, you're somewhat right, I didn't have a strong read on you, but your reaction to the slightest pressure (including Red Star and skerterg's cases) has been extremely scummy. It didn't
really
click for me until #423.
horrordude0215 wrote:
Excedrin wrote:
For obvious reasons.
I don't understand this. Wouldn't I, as scum, try and build off of others' cases? And with 1 scum dead, I couldn't bus, so it would be very advantegous for me to try and get a bandwagon go to lynch, no?
Useless WIFOM. How should anyone know how you, as scum, will play in this game in exactly this situation?
horrordude0215 wrote:
skerterg wrote:Once again, horror posts responses only applicable to him. Excedrin talked about a whole lot of other stuff in his post, yet you only mention his talk about you.
No, I want original scumhunting and analysis. Your actions don't seem to correspond to the actions of someone who truly wants more discussion. That is a serious contradiction.

By the way, I thought about skerterg's chess analogy. That doesn't really apply in Mafia. The ideal situation for scum is to hang out in the shadows while townies bicker and lynch each other. There's often two players at L-1 that are both town, then some pitiful townie comes along and says, "well, arguments against Bob convinced me
vote Bob
."
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by skerterg »

SOAP #4
May 20, 2010

I looked over KageLord, pops, and horror in isolation. Here's are my conclusions. But first, to pops...
horrordude0215 wrote:What do you want me to do, parrot everything that people say?
No, but you can at least give your thoughts. If you have none, then I say that you aren't very useful to the town. Let's see the points Excedrin mentions:

1. Analysis of what happened during debate between Excedrin and Exilon
2. His opinions on who is scummy
3. More talk about stuff to look for that would indicate if someone was scum
4. Not saying my case was weak to pressure KageLord; gives reasons
5. Vote for horror

Out of these, you only responded to #5 (and a bit on #2 and #3, but mostly as they applied to you).

My vote preference based on who I think is most likely scum would be:

---Scummiest---
1. KageLord
2. horrordude0215
3. popsofctown

My vote preference based on usefulness of that person to the town/how much I like their posts would be:

---Least useful---
1. popsofctown
2. horrordude0215
3. KageLord

(actually, Red Star would be on the list, but I don't want to vote for him.)

Brief case for each one:

KageLord: His posts himself were not bad; in fact, his defense seemed pretty good to me. He seemed a bit defensive at first, denying that he was scum even though hardly anyone had mentioned it. I disagree with some of his reasoning, such as his statement that mafia would not bus razorback early. But he himself would probably not get a vote for me.

I look at kelikar's posts and I find some connections between him and razorback. He seems to give advice to razor at least twice. Razor responded one post to him that seemed to apologize for his bad behavior. I also didn't like kelikar's reasoning quite a bit. He did not post that much when razorback vs. Red Star really got heavy (he was V/LA).

horrordude0215: I can't find much of a connection between him and razorback. The closest I can find is in razor's post 152, and even then it isn't that great.
razorback wrote:
horrordude0215 wrote: Skerterg, I really like your post up there... but something I noticed: All of your post numbers are via the thread. Do you know about looking at someone in isolation? Go to the bottom of the page, where it says Display post from previous: Use the second drop down menu and choose the person you want to iso... you'll get all of their game posts... I think it might be useful to you.

Although, I'm not to sure I agree with you labeling ahoda as the scummiest player... even you admit that it might just be frustration. Why, even though both he and Kranix have done nothing in the form of scumhunting, did you label him as scum and give a neutral on Kranix?

And @razor... Your posts are really difficult to read... if you could spell check/use better grammar it would be much appreciated.

yes i'll get on that as soon as i can
However, his votes come rather quick. He jumped from ahoda to pops, then to razorback. Note that razorback is the one where he parks his vote, and he turned out scum (however, this can also be attributed because razorback was acting very poorly and was indeed a detriment to the town). I think it is possible horrordude0215 bussed razorback, though the tie is not as strong as KageLord/kelikar's. Now, on day 2, he continues to move his vote around. He voted for Excedrin, then saw him as innocent, then voted for him again. He voted for me because of my lack of suspicion for him. He FOS'd popsofctown and Red Star, with an "intent-vote" on pops. Overall, he stretches his suspicions everywhere. I think this is more likely scum behavior, because the scum knows that everyone else is town and therefore is less likely to stick to one person as scum (since he knows that person is not scum). True, his votes usually come early, and he does present reasons (though sometimes I disagree with them), which may indicate it is his style to do this. He also didn't address some points Excedrin and I asked him to address.

Also, a note: I'm pretty sure Excedrin was just pressuring you. Lots of his arguments did seem to contradict themselves; I'm sure even he will admit to it. Now, it may be because he was posting all his thoughts at once and didn't have time to reorganize them, but I think horror pointed out some valid flaws.

popsofctown: Now, from his posts alone I can't gather too much, but that's because he doesn't post very much. His vote on ahoda may seem scummy, but in fact he was right. Leafsnail/ahoda flipped town, and ahoda never came back. Besides, he was the one who suggested his replacement. He seemed to try to steer discussion away from razorback, and he voted Red Star. There was that strange incident at the end of day 1 where he suddenly switched votes from razorback to Red Star to hammer. It certainly drew lots of attention; not sure if it was scum or town behavior. He voted KageLord because he thought my post did a good job showing the connection between kelikar and razorback. Now, there isn't too much of a reason for me to suspect him. It could be because he has so many town reads, but he isn't really giving a list of suspects either. Which leads me to my next point...

I made another list based on who I thought was helping the town most/least.

popsofctown: He's not helping that much. Even after he said that quitting is bad and that a game is a commitment, for the past few days he hasn't posted much except fluff. His last good post was a week ago. Because of this, I wouldn't really miss him in this game. Sorry, but even after I asked you to be more active, you aren't showing much interest in this game.

horrordude0215: Now, I mentioned before that he didn't really respond to my case about kelikar. In fact, right after I made SOAP #3 he commented only on himself. It didn't contribute to the discussion about KageLord. He does get points for looking over Red Star's post so carefully (admittedly it was only for himself and not for the others), and for posting his thoughts on popsofctown. Overall, though, an acceptable amount, and not as bad as pops.

KageLord: Honestly, I enjoy his posts. They are pretty good/constructive, and his defense raised some good points. He mentions his suspicions and reasonings (and is not as jumpy/reactive as horror). If I didn't think he was scum, I would want him alive.

For now I will keep my vote on KageLord, since he is my top choice based on scumminess. Till next time!

TL;DR: just look at the list above. Should be self-explanatory. My vote stays with KageLord.

Question to mod: If Red Star does not pick up his prod and is replaced, will you give time for the replacement to be found and for night actions to be submitted, if applicable?

Not sure what exactly you're asking here. I would extend the night deadline if the replacement is found midnight. I would hope not to extend the day deadline if a replacement was found then, but if they replace in very close to deadline I might make an exception. ~Kitty

PS: Excedrin posted while I wrote this. I hope that we would listen to both cases reasonably and that we are not pitiful. Basically, my point was that we shouldn't lynch someone against whom we don't have a good case, just because we can't decide between two others. Now that you've posted more (along with horror) there is more evidence/case, so I feel more comfortable now.
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by skerterg »

Sorry for double post.

Just for confirmation, if nothing changes, pops will be the one who is lynched, since Exilon was the earliest voter for him. Correct me if I'm wrong.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 8:15 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Excedrin wrote:
horrordude0215 wrote:That's the thing though, you don't think I'm scum based off your post 415 where you say
Excedrin wrote:I read some of horrordude0215's previous games, he was much more active as scum
This doesn't reflect on your align. You played differently in previous games to the way you're playing now. I'm not sure what that means. It's possible that you were busy with exams or whatever AND scum or AND town.
From how I see it, after looking at my meta, you decided that I wasn't playing how I normally did as scum.

[quoteThe cautious way you avoided putting him at L-1 even though someone else was at L-1 at the time seems very questionable.[/quote]What does that have to do with anything?
Secondly, I'm not sure how you go from "seems to imply town" to "you don't think I'm scum" when I said "everyone else has some town posts" vs "horrordude is scum." One is extremely clear, the other is an implication. Stop saying that I don't think you're scum.
You're obviously not getting this. Let me quote it AGAIN.
I ignored Exilon on purpose, he still seems scummy to me, everyone else has at least one post that I can link that gives me a pretty solid town read.
A SOLID TOWN READ
. That doesn't mean implication. That means "Everyone but exilion is town".
Secondly, you're somewhat right, I didn't have a strong read on you, but your reaction to the slightest pressure (including Red Star and skerterg's cases) has been extremely scummy. It didn't
really
click for me until #423.
How was my reaction scummy? I was addressing the cases. If I had just ignored them and pretended like they weren't there, like you were doing with mine earlier, then it'd be scummy, don't you agree?

And :lol: Post 423 is Kage's, not mine. Fail.
horrordude0215 wrote:
Excedrin wrote:
For obvious reasons.
Useless WIFOM. How should anyone know how you, as scum, will play in this game in exactly this situation?
You're right, it is mostly WIFOM. But wouldn't any average scum probably do the things I listed?
horrordude0215 wrote:
skerterg wrote:Once again, horror posts responses only applicable to him. Excedrin talked about a whole lot of other stuff in his post, yet you only mention his talk about you.
No, I want original scumhunting and analysis. Your actions don't seem to correspond to the actions of someone who truly wants more discussion. That is a serious contradiction.
Uh what? First of all, i wasn't talking to you with that post, I was addressing Skerterg. Secondly, I've provided original scumhunting cases with you, and I was provoking discussion because of it. How is that a contradiction?
The ideal situation for scum is to hang out in the shadows while townies bicker and lynch each other.
So by that reasoning, I'm not scum. In your and Exilion's back and forth in the beginning of the day, I wasn't just sitting and letting you lurk.

I'll be ISOing Kage/Pops and seeing which is a better lynch now, because the Excedrin lynch apparently won't be happening, unfortunately.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Nah, you're scum. Can we get more votes so that horrordude is lynched? Thanks.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Exilon »

Horror, address ALL the points asked of you.
Excedrin, address ALL the points asked of you.

You're both missing something.
It would help alot into building my reads on you just enough for me to decide if I should move my vote or not.

Skerterg:
Skerterg wrote: Also, a note: I'm pretty sure Excedrin was just pressuring you. Lots of his arguments did seem to contradict themselves; I'm sure even he will admit to it. Now, it may be because he was posting all his thoughts at once and didn't have time to reorganize them...
Does this make your view of Excedrin waver in any way? How can contradictions help to make a solid / consistent "case"? I do have an idea of why/how you'd say this, just want to see if it matches.
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by skerterg »

Wait, hasn't the deadline already passed?

Errr...right. :oops: ~Kitty

To Excedrin and horror: Both your cases and defenses have not been particularly convincing. First, to Excedrin, so that he can clarify if necessary: What makes you so sure that you are willing to write "Nah, you're scum. Can we get more votes so that horrordude is lynched? Thanks."? The quote horror posted says that you can link to at least one post that gives you a pretty solid town read (except for Exilon). And yet you vote for him. And horror, you also didn't post your thoughts on anyone besides Excedrin. You said you would do an ISO, so I eagerly anticipate it.

To Exilon: Taken just superficially, of course it would make Excedrin seem less pro-town. Bad reasoning/inconsistency is not supposed to be town behavior. Contradictions don't help his case; I think horror posted a few examples.

And clarification to mod: I meant if Red Star doesn't pick up his prod during the night, and it takes some time for the replacement to be found, would the night possibly be extended to allow the new replacement to read the thread and submit a night action, if applicable?

Yes. ~KittyMo
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by KageLord »

skerterg wrote:Wait, hasn't the deadline already passed?
Oops. Kinda zoned on the time for this one...
Show

Record:

horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

Wow... we fail.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”