the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:51 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

DPTA=double post to add.

Commodore, who do you think are scum? With all the people who by claim are not scum, there's practically nobody left.

And the time to use inHim's ability was yesterday. Now it will hurt more than it will help, because he will almost certainly be saving a scum in a situation that is at least near to lynch-or-lose.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:07 pm

Post by MeMe »

Commodore Amazing wrote:And an ability from tss.
Yes. And an answer to this...
CA wrote:And why does Lee HAVE to be scum?
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:25 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

OK, checking in. Hmmm... yes. Let's get everything out into the open.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:16 pm

Post by Leonidas »

(suspect IS = scum. Just look at the way IS plays mafia... :lol: )
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:38 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Well, you all wanted it, so you got it.

My role is
Samadhi
. I am an every other night roleblocker, and can prove my role if necessary.

If you need further info, I'll explain. For those who know Sam, you will be delighted to know that it has someting to so with a specific type of plant.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:15 am

Post by MeMe »

Is tonight one of the "every other" nights you're able to block?
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:23 am

Post by Leonidas »

Hmm. It's raining role-blockers.

Hallelujah, I guess... :roll:
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:54 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

MeMe wrote:Is tonight one of the "every other" nights you're able to block?
I think I see where you're going with this, but I'd rather see if he can prove his role a different way than going with this plan. LML, please try to confirm yourself before answering this question.

Leonidas and tss, you're not gaining any points by waiting for other people to role-claim before you role-claim.
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:56 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Absolutely, and I have no problem showing the town that I can role block.

By the way, for some clarification (before I shoot myself and the town in the foot), by
every other night
... I mean I cannot role block two nights in a row.

Now... as for the meat and potatoes of today.

Night 2 (when I first used my power), I blocked TSS. There was
no nightkill

Before we just found out that he was IS, I was unsure if I blocked the killer or a doc protection saved the day.

Right now, with what I know about TSS (He's IS) and my block on him N2 with no subsequent kill, I will indeed
Vote: The Silent Speaker

I am also not against, by any stretch of the imagination, going no-lynch today and blocking whomever you ask me to. I'm pretty positive TSS is scum, so I'll be happy to block him. We can see what happens there.

So, to recap...
Vote: TSS and I'm not against a NL here.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:58 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Doh, sorry, CA. We cross posted :P
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:14 am

Fuldu may have been responsible for stopping the kill on Night 2. He blocked Axelrod. I'm heading back to the thread to see if I think LML would have blocked tss night 2.

I'd like to to be known that every time I reread the thread, I become more and more suspicious of MeMe.
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:31 am

Post by MeMe »

I'm still suspicious of Leonidas and I'd really like to hear his ability claim before we go too far down any road.

We could lynch me and have inHim block it to prove his ability. I'm pretty much useless at this point as everyone's claimed and it's doubtful they're claiming incorrectly. If he fails, you all know he's scum. How does that sound?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:37 am

Post by MeMe »

Uh -- forget that. I was thinking of CA as a kind of "safety net" -- that he could save us from a wrong lynch by vigging the other overnight, but that won't work anymore. If inHim can't/doesn't save me and I die, scum could win overnight because, even if Lee's town, he's only got a one in three shot of hitting the killer.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:22 am

And now it's my turn. Hint: What role haven't we seen yet? Who could assert with certainty that another player is scum? That's right. I'm the cop.

Night 1: MeMe. I was told MeMe was mafia.
Night 2: LoudmouthLee. I was told LML was mafia. At this point I figured it was reasonable to take insanity as a working presumption pending contradiction, hence my repeated stated trust of MeMe and LML. Please note that contrary to LML's claim, I WAS NOT BLOCKED.
Night 3: NanookTheWolf. I got no result; we now know that this is because Fuldu blocked me.
Night 4: EYNH/Mikehart (now inHim). I was told not mafia and started looking for reasons to get him lynched. But Mikehart's failure to post meant that inHim got replacement's courtesy (I'm against lynching anyone the very day they replace into the game if it can be avoided, as it discourages people from replacing) and went after my scummiest noninvestigation instead.
Night 5: Nanook again. This time I was told not mafia. Hence I advocated using inHim's power: if he could prove that
he
wasn't mafia, it followed uthat I had to be sane and he would save a townie, while if he couldn't save Nanook because he was scum, it followed that I was insane and the person he failed to save was scum too.
Night 6: Leonidas. I was told not mafia. This doesn't preclude the possibility that he is a GF, but as MeMe correctly guessed my rolename there's no real evidence that he is. I wouldn't expect to get too many more "mafia"s anyway, since I already got two and Axelrod doesn't seem to have been the godfather, but the result is out there, at least.

In conclusion,
confirm vote: LML and you should all be following me like the sheep you are. Rah rah rah lynch.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:34 am

The only reason I can think of for the silent speaker making that post is to get himself lynched as opposed to one of his scum buddies. I don't think anything in his claim is consistant with what he's done in this game. I am eager to lynch him twice.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:50 am

Are you nuts, CA? Or are you just a scum assassin? I'm the
cop

One further note: Lee must be scum from his role claim alone. He says he blocked me night 2 and therefore thinks the no-kill was due to me being blocked. Setting aside that I'm the cop and got a result, why oh why would Lee not block me again at his next opportunity? But there were kills on night 3, when Fuldu blocked me, and every night since. Thus Lee is shown to be a liar and should die.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:02 am

Post by Nox »

Somehow, I don't think there would be that many roleblockers anyways.

I've been pretty confident in TSS all the game, until yesterday when he wanted to use inhim's ability, but him claiming cop explains the logic behind it.

I've also been iffy about MeMe. Though I can't pinpoint why. I guess its just becasue she's so good :P .

Vote: LoundMouthLee
Nocturne is, most obviously, NOT sleeping.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:02 am

I'm not saying LoudmouthLee isn't also scum. He certainly has some explaining to do. Maybe you're trying to separate yourself from your scum buddy. But if you were really cop, and you were night-killed, you would have doomed us if you had the results you claim you got.
Long after he claimed to have got a guilty result on LoudmouthLee and MeMe, the silent speaker wrote:My thoughts on everybody:
1. Someone -- okay, is there anyone still alive who
doesn't
believe him?
4. MeMe -- as I said before, either never always trust MeMe or never trust MeMe. I believe her to be town.
7. LoudmouthLee -- very likely town.

14. Leonidas -- seems to be our blocker, and thus town.
16. EnterMikehart'sNameHere -- I recall finding EYNH rather scummy before, and most of the remaining alives are people I find specifically not, but we can spare him the rope to hang himself.
17. Commodore Amazing -- almost certainly town.
18. the silent speaker -- you tell me. :wink:
20. Nox -- has claimed and
wasn't
horribly scummy, but there's her voting yesterday to consider, too. Another maybe.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:40 am

Post by MeMe »

the silent speaker wrote:One further note: Lee must be scum from his role claim alone. He says he blocked me night 2 and therefore thinks the no-kill was due to me being blocked. Setting aside that I'm the cop and got a result, why oh why would Lee not block me again at his next opportunity? But there were kills on night 3, when Fuldu blocked me, and every night since. Thus Lee is shown to be a liar and should die.
Lee claimed to block you Night 2 -- but hasn't told us whether or not he blocked any other night. If you're scum, he might very well have blocked you again while someone else performed the kill, though. We only have your word for it that you WEREN'T blocked -- just as we only have Lee's word for it that you WERE.

vote: the silent speaker
regardless. Lee might be scum, but I don't know that for sure. I
do
know for sure that your claimed result on me is wrong and that lynching Lee means, possibly, getting rid of the only role that can prevent a scum kill at this point (assuming Leo can't).

Here's what I think: if tss is town, he should be willing to put his money where his investigative mouth is and allow himself to be lynch-voted with inHim saving him since, according to his investigations, inHim's innocent and therefore can do what he says. If we vote tss and inHim agrees to save him, we'll (worst-case-scenario) get a town proof (inHim) and be 4 town to 3 scum tomorrow or (best-case-scenario) get two scum (tss lynched today & inHim lynched tomorrow).

Now if tss is scum (and Lee's not)...well, blocker's certainly a role scum need to get rid of to seal the win. He claims to know that Lee's lying about his ability...Lee says that he can prove his ability. Only problem is that, if Lee's town, he's pretty unlikely to survive the night unless he pegs the right person to block so, you know.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:11 am

Yes, Commodore. After I had been told "MeMe and LML are mafia" I stated that I believed them town. Why?
Because I believed I was insane.
As I quite clearly said, in my original role claim! That belief didn't start to shift until inHim claimed a role that would be virtually impossible for scum to fake.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:42 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

You see.. you're all missing something.

I can prove my abaility and my innocence by allowing me to block tonight. If I fail to block someone with a role...

By the way, finally,
FoS: Nox
.. are you absolutely nuts? Recently, MeMe has been giving us results, correct results at that, for the names of everyone. Instead of using that her advantage, she gives it to the town for use.

The fact remains... I can block, and I will block.

I would like you all to take a very close look at TSS. Can we believe IS is a cop here? Not only that a sane cop?

He's a crazy lyncher. He wants everyone dead. That makes you a cop? That's absolute garbage.

Furthermore, TSS had a chance to claim his ability when he pointed his scummy finger at me. He DID NOT, waiting to see if *I* was the cop. See what happened here?

Don't let this scum fool you.

Confirm Vote: TSS
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:48 am

What is the flavor of your role, tss? Why is Internet Stranger a cop?

And why wait until now to reveal anything? It's lynch or lose now. Also, why did you wait so long to claim today?

You said:
the silent speaker wrote:I am indeed Internet Stranger. And now I don't know what to think, except that Lee pretty much has to be scum.
You didn't mention MeMe here. That is strange.

Earlier, you said:
the silent speaker wrote:Yesterday I was sure that at least one of The Shadow and inHimshallibe were mafia, and I stand by that. The Shadow was not mafia.
Where does this come from? You hadn't investigated The Shadow.

This doesn't fit into your cop investigations at all:
I checked a couple of things, and Fuldu's last post told me all I needed to know.
Unvote: Mr Stoofer, vote: SaberKitty
and come what may there should be two more scum to bag tomorrow.
Your analyses make it look like you've been a townie who didn't know anything. Generally, cops try to get their information out there so if they die, their investigations weren't wasted. You didn't seem to do any of that.

Day one, you only referenced MeMe by agreeing with her. What's that about? Did you think you were insane that soon? How do you explain MeMe's ability to know other player's roles?

I probably won't be able to check my computer until next Monday. Until then,
vote: the silent speaker
, and I would like inHim to use his ability.

Pre-Preview Edit: LoudmouthLee, I expect that whoever you try to roleblock will die tonight. Let's see what Leonidas has for us.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:48 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Double post...

According to TSS, a vote against me is a vote against MeMe as well (since he says we're both scum).

There's something not right here. Nox... look at what's going on here.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:55 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I have to agree that IS being a cop doesn't make a terrible amount of sense. Maybe if it were "this one's good for bandwagoning" type of deal (in which case you'd be uselessly paranoid in the first place.) No voting yet. I'm still processing.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:01 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

the silent speaker wrote:Are you nuts, CA? Or are you just a scum assassin? I'm the
cop

One further note: Lee must be scum from his role claim alone. He says he blocked me night 2 and therefore thinks the no-kill was due to me being blocked. Setting aside that I'm the cop and got a result, why oh why would Lee not block me again at his next opportunity? But there were kills on night 3, when Fuldu blocked me, and every night since. Thus Lee is shown to be a liar and should die.
Woo! crap logic! Let me try to take this bit by bit.

Who said I didn't block you again at my next opportunity? You definately have a scum partner alive, right? I'm sure that after you were blocked N2, you had your parner doing the killing.

Now, moreso...

The play today is simple (and I believe was stated by CA and MeMe), We vote to lynch TSS, InHim saves him (hereby saving TSS and proving his innocence), I will block TSS tonight. If InHim fails, and TSS is scum, we know that InHim is scum with him.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”