Newbie 937 ~ Mafia Lite [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 8:18 am

Post by Excedrin »

Exilon wrote:Horror suspected Kagelord and Excedrin.
Not quite.
horrordude0215 wrote:#402
Red, the fact that you claimed doc is throwing me off right now, because your "case" on me is nothing but misreps and scummy comments. So for now, Major FoS Red Star

Pops, you can consider my vote on you for now. (FTR, the only reason I'm not voting is because putting you at L-1 before I go on V/LA is not something I would advocate)
horrordude0215 wrote:#414
Re: My opinions on the doc claim, I don't know what to think of it. There are just too many misreps in Red's case on me that I can't find a town player doing that.
horrordude0215's earlier suspicion (and reason for voting me in #306) was basically gone (see his unvote in #359) until I posted #415. It is WIFOM, but hyposcumExcedrin could have easily NOT posted #415 or not expressed suspicion of horrordude0215 in order to avoid horrordude0215's suspicion entirely.

His reason to vote for me after I posted #415 was based on a "contradiction" and his motto that contradictions are scummy. Really it looks like OMGUS, which also characterizes his suspicion of Red Star.

An example of one of horrordude0215's supposed contradictions:
Excedrin wrote:One more thing, I didn't want to say that I think skerterg's case against KageLord kinda sucks until skerterg was done pressuring KageLord. At this point, any reaction we're going to get from pressure is past. So, post #388 is scummy because I don't think skerterg's case is very good.
Excedrin wrote:KageLord is a possible option (for today's lynch)
These two statements are not contradictory or exclusive at all. Statement one says "skerterg's case for KageLord scum is weak." Statement two says "KageLord is a possible lynch option." Statement one doesn't say anything about whether KageLord is scum or town. It only says skerterg's case is weak. KageLord could have been scum for other reasons and he'd be a good lynch for a few other reasons.
Statement 1 also says post #388 is scummy for wagoning on a bad case (which points to popsofctown).

horrordude0215 may have been using these statement to dispute that I had a good reason to want him lynched. But even if he was able to somehow prove that my reasons to lynch him amounted to a policy lynch, his idea that policy lynches are scummy is provably false (simply find cases of players who are in favor of policy lynches, it's extremely easy, see The Fonz for example). That said, process of elimination said horrordude0215 was scum and his reaction to my case against him was extremely scummy, those reasons are in no way a policy lynch.

From my notes:
Also re: #395, (in retrospect now that horrordude is known town) dropping suspicion of someone could be seen as scummy (re: skerterg's case on KageLord and lack of a case on horrordude), the reason being that scum is looking for an easy mislynch. Horrordude presumably thought that it'd be easier for hypothetical scum skerterg to push a lynch on the noob KageLord instead of the more experienced horrordude.

Now that he's dead and can't respond, I'll go ahead and say that #396 shows that he really only thought "hurf durf, it's another contradiction." We can see from horrordude0215's voting history how well (badly) the idea that contradictions are scummy worked out (he voted ahoda/Leafsnail and popsofctown on day 1, both now confirmed town).

Finally, where did you find horrordude expressing any suspicion of KageLord?
The only mention of KageLord I find is
horrordude0215 wrote:#444
I'll be ISOing Kage/Pops and seeing which is a better lynch now, because the Excedrin lynch apparently won't be happening, unfortunately.
Summary of horrordude0215 suspects:
Red Star (because Red Star's case was full of "misreps" and Red Star failed to clarify or defend his case)
popsofctown (apparently because pops was "wrong" about some stuff)
Excedrin (contradiction)
skerterg (for lack of focus on horrordude0215, possibly attempting to push easy mislynch)
Exilon wrote:Skert-mafia moves up a little. But now, there's also another way to look at this. An intentional frame. (That's what nightkill analysis text I read somewhere refers to as Level 2 Nightkill).
Oh, and that doesn't apply to scum killing horrordude0215 in order to frame Excedrin? This is the problem with NK analysis. Please post what you think based on observable/confirmable behavior. I'm not going to be swayed by WIFOMy NK analysis, it's useless.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count XXXVII

[0] Excedrin - ()
[0] Exilon - ()
[0] KageLord - ()
[0] Red Star - ()
[0] skerterg - ()

[5]
Not Voting
- (Excedrin, Exilon, KageLord, Red Star, skerterg)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 6:06 am

Post by Excedrin »

I couldn't sleep last night, so I lay awake pondering this game, then when I finally slept I had weird dreams. I'm tired of waiting for everyone else to post, so I'm going to go ahead and post now.

There's lot of stuff from the end of day 1 that deserves attention.
skerterg wrote:Red Star, why in the world would you claim now? It is completely ridiculous. Doctor's can't protect themselves; you've just revealed very valuable information to the scum. If you really are the doctor, then you've hurt the town a lot. However, I think it is much more likely that he is scum using this as a protection mechanism. In fact, the very fact that you believe you will be alive tomorrow really makes me think that you are scum.
This post pretty much reflected my views, but then razorback flipped scum.
Red Star wrote::shock: Nice way to cut off discussion for the town, there. </sarcasm>
Anyway, I am going to be protecting kelikar tonight. I will post my justification tomorrow.
Red Star posted this immediately after popsofctown hammered razorback. Why is this a sarcastic comment? Wouldn't a town aligned player who thought "that sucks! he just ended discussion!" post it without that "</sarcasm>" tag?
Possibly that "</sarcasm>" was there because he knew how razorback would flip. Knowing that would make honestly accusing popsofctown of "ending discussion" ridiculous.

The 3 posts at the end of day 1 here make me think that kelikar/KageLord, Exilon and skerterg are all town who didn't know at the time that razorback was scum. If you share my view of the "</sarcasm>" tag in Red Star's post, then there's a big contrast between Red Star's post and these other 3 posts (knowing how razorback will flip vs not-knowing).

Obviously skerterg's opinion (mine too) was influenced by Leafsnail and/or we saw or thought the same things regarding Red Star and razorback scumteam.
Leafsnail wrote:I did say some stuff about Red Star... as I say, he looks quite scummy, but I don't see him as scum with razorback.
Leafsnail wrote:The thing is, I don't realy see a razorback/ Red Star scumteam... if razorback does flip town, Red Star is the next one to look at.
Statements like:
razorback wrote:as for the case of red start i believe he is with out doubt scum.
razorback wrote:i'm sure that i'm right about redstar.
that razorback couldn't explain or back-up in any way seemed like he was trying to push for a lynch against his biggest attacker (making Red Star town). But he was being honest, he did believe it and was sure because he had inside info.

Vote: Red Star
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Excedrin »

Insomnia is a bitch, but ya, it's not just the "</sarcasm>" it's the smiley.... it's something, I can't explain it, his post doesn't seem genuine, it seems forced.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 8:34 am

Post by Exilon »

You should sleep and get back to it tomorrow D: sometimes gut feelings are bad <<

I don't know if that's enough to warrant a vote on Red Star, (I still believe he's the doc, after all) but... if he keeps answering the way he's been answering, then maybe lynching him won't be a bad idea.

Anyway, Excedrin, please comment this:
Exilon wrote: It's one of the things that's bugging me most about Excedrin, so since he has admitted to that I'll just voice my wish for him to answer this:
Exilon wrote:
Excedrin wrote:"The points I brought up in my first post are much stronger now that you're attempting to say that you did think that razorback was scum, despite the closest thing in any of your posts
to that effect
(
razorback being scum, as stated in this same sentence
)are your "FoS: Razorback". "
"Where else did you post that you thought
anyone
was scum on day 1?"
"
Aside from that,
where ELSE have you expressed suspicion?"

Bolded what's different since the previous one.
See how this sentence keeps changing each time I answer to it?

[the sentences he wrote are all supposed to be the same as the first one (paraphrased or not). Still, they're not the same and don't even read the same idea.]
It's like the third time I'm bringing it up and I never got an answer to it.

Also, thanks for correcting horror's suspicions. I assumed he was suspecting Kagelord from the quote you posted, but that effectively removes him.

I also thought you could also be framed, and that would give you town points, but that's WIFOM all around, as you said. If I summarize all the points that give me grounds to suspect you, NK analysis would be the weakest of them all.

*waits for people to post*
SPECIALLY RED STAR.
Feels like I've been here before.
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Red Star »

Ok, let's see the suspicions against me:

- Hasn't been actively scumhunting (KageLord)
- Only just re-appeared to take his spot (KageLord)
- Scum didn't kill Red Star Night 2 (KageLord)
- Nothing but lurk (skerterg)
- "Doc Diaries" seems to be shoving 'im doc' into face (KageLord)
- Has not stopped a NK (Excedrin)
- Acting scummy (Excedrin)
- Almost not playing (Excedrin)
- Didn't reply to suspicions (KageLord)
- Doc claim at sensitive time (Excedrin)
- Appears to know how razorback will flip (Excedrin)
- Post appears forced (Excedrin)

Quite a list, I must say. Let's narrow it down into broader areas.

-Lurk (KageLord, skerterg, Excedrin)
-Night Actions (Excedrin, KageLord)
-Not scumhunting (KageLord)
-Scummy Behavior (KageLord, Excedrin)
-End of Day 1 Actions (Excedrin)

Right, now let's try and get through this list.

Lurk

Yes, I was active in the beginning of the game, and then I began lurking. This is because I had very little time, and so I was mostly only able to check up on the thread instead of posting. Now, that's over, so I'll be posting more.

Night Actions

Well, what the hell am I meant to say? Night 1, I protected Exilon, Night 2 I protected skerterg. Both times, the mafia decided to kill someone else. How am I supposed to answer the statement that 'this is scummy'? I have no control over who the mafia decides to kill.

Not Scumhunting

Well, how am I meant to respond to this? I think my Post 16 and Post 44 qualify as scumhunting. Besides, see the the point about Lurk.

Scummy Behavior

This was said by Kagelord (about the Doc Diaries) and by Excedrin (in general). The 'doc diaries' thing I can justify as me trying to show my thought process during Night 1, so that people understand what I was thinking. As for Excedrin's 'general scumminess' point, I have no idea how I'm supposed to reply. I'm sorry? At least tell me WHERE I've been acting scummy, because vague statements such as yours are impossible to defend against.

End of Day 1 Actions

This is split into two parts, the Doctor claim and supposed pre-cognition. I claimed Doctor when I did, because I know that I am town. I was at L-2 and about to sleep then anyway, and I believed that someone would simply vote me and get me lynched. The way I saw it, I was effectivly at L-1, so I claimed. This meant that:
a) Someone who was playing poorly at the time (razorback) would be lynched instead of me
b) The scum might try to counter claim and provide an easy target
That's why I claimed. Secondly, my supposed ability to forsee razorback's alignment. I can't see the future, Excedrin. I fully believed that razorback was simply a townie who was playing poorly and wouldn't be a help to town. I had no idea he was going to flip scum. And I have no idea how you managed to get 'knew razorback's role' from:
Red Star wrote::shock: Nice way to cut off discussion for the town, there. </sarcasm>
Anyway, I am going to be protecting kelikar tonight. I will post my justification tomorrow.
According to you, I knew his role due to the </sarcasm> tag. However, if you read my sentence, it was phrased as such:
Red Star wrote:Nice way to cut off discussion for the town
Because this could have been interpreted as a mafia congratulating another on a mis-lynch, I put in a sarcasm tag.

Finally, just in case you missed it in Night Actions, I protected skerterg Night 2. If I missed any of the suspicions against me, let me know.
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Excedrin »

You missed that Exilon said it was "convenient" for you to attack skerterg.

I'm actually surprised that you say you protected skerterg considering your earlier post that attacked him. I figured that if you're suspicious of KageLord and skerterg, that left Exilon and Excedrin. And since you'd protected Exilon in the past, you'd do that again.

Stuff that falls under
Scummy Behavior
would be only posting when someone attacks you (for example).

You realize that mafia knew how razorback would flip. That doesn't need a crystal ball.

popsofctown also thought the "Doc Diaries" thing was scummy. You also didn't really address horrordude's accusations. Just because they're dead doesn't mean their opinions disappear. Infact, dead players are a source of trusted info (we at least know their perspective comes from town).

Exilon, your question seems to be... "why are you explaining what you meant?" I'm not sure how to answer that. Communication happens based on meaning being translated into words. Then, when someone replies in a way that indicates they don't understand the meaning behind the words, words get rearranged and replaced with other words that attempt to convey the meaning in a more clear way.

Along those lines, you say that you think I'm scum, but you're not voting me. Is there any reason for that?

Finally, I've said this before but it doesn't seem to be sinking in. There's no reason for anyone to be
waiting
for someone else to post. Go read the thread, find something that you have an opinion about and post it. If there's nothing in the thread that you have an opinion about then why are you playing?
Be more proactive!
This applies to everyone.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by KittyMo »

[1] Red Star - (Excedrin)

[0] Excedrin - ()
[0] Exilon - ()
[0] KageLord - ()
[0] skerterg - ()

[4]
Not Voting
- (Exilon, KageLord, Red Star, skerterg)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

nada

"If you would persuade, you must appeal to interest rather than intellect." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by skerterg »

SOAP #5
May 29, 2010

Well, I said I made up my mind on who I thought was scum, and here it is:

Vote Exilon

I never really suspected him or investigated his posts in great detail, so maybe this is why he never caught my attention. I have a few arguments in my favor, which I have conveniently labeled for easier reference. Just the contentions are listed at the bottom, so you can skip to the end to get a summary if you don't want to read the whole thing.

-------------------------------------------

Contention 1: Looking at Exilon in isolation, I saw attempts at teaching razorback.

Since I pursued this for KageLord, it is only fair to pursue Exilon. I never looked at him before with this idea in mind, so when I did so for the first time I was surprised by what I found. Later, upon rereading day 2, I found Excedrin brought up some of these exact points. (Sorry, I must have brushed over them before). Excedrin, in post 320, pointed out that Exilon, in post 204, possibly tried to coach razorback.

Here they are, with further explanation by me:

See posts 58 and 59, where Exilon asks some questions to razorback and razorback answers, decently I feel. Not too strong evidence, but I don't see this too often from razorback...

Ah, here's a better one. The first person to defend razorback after he refused to answer horror's questions:
Exilon, p. 65 wrote: Refusing to answer is one reaction which can give us lots of information, actually - maybe more than actually one or other answer he could have given to a question about game theory (but he did answer his question about scumhunting, even if there was one or two grains of salt). He pointed out what he thought - that he saw those questions as rolefishing. I don't really agree that it was rolefishing rather than an attempt to start discussion (and yey, it worked), but that's beside the point.

I guess this is a little WIFOM, but let's see: (just my quick analysis of it)
If he wanted to lay low (in case he was a power role), he could have just answered the question without giving away anything that could be revealing. If he was scum, rolefishing is favorable to them and therefore he could have, just as easily, answered the question, and no one would look at him for it, since everyone is doing the same thing.

Sure, he pointed a finger, but I guess it wasn't unreasoned, at least from his point of view.
Certainly, I feel Exilon is trying to deftly show that he was suspicious of razor yet still defend him.
Exilon, p. 169 wrote: Now, let's see here. To remind, pops adressed Red Star's posts after and commented, "I think Red Star is pot-stirring while trying not to stick his neck out. I've got my eye on him.", FoS'ing him; Red Star does answer that that is because he's not trying to raise suspicions, but rather get discussion going.
But why would a person who wants to get discussion going retract upon my comment about his initial " possible suspicion"? Sure, it was a joke - but how does "maybe you are suspicious" "why?" "it was a joke, nevermind" contribute to get discussion going? Simply put, it doesn't; and that doesn't make much sense. It's like, if we follow what he said, he was trying to start discussion with the REST of the players but himself. Also, to notice, is that he didn't answer anything I posted after his first quote.
Not "why is it suspicious?" nor "have you noticed there's someone else with two people on them?". I do point that out briefly after it (Ps91:"Err... ok? I find that slightly wrong... but... "), but that's when Ahoda comes in, and suddenly that's where the focus is.

And, hum... Razorback gets a little one too many policy lynches ( asides from his ... peculiar writing style. I actually laughed alot at one point in one of the games where Razorback just couldn't get in right while trying to vote someone (first he misses the code, then he misses the word vote, the he misses the code again.. Aww, I shouldn't be laughing about it! <<) Which... doesn't really leave us with much information about meta to go on, since he behaves generally the same way.
His actions so far... not much I can say about it; yet.
Here Exilon attacks Red Star and continues to subtly defend razorback, saying that he is mostly lynched because of policy lynches.

And this one:
Exilon, p. 204 wrote: Ok, sorry I didn't come here before. Suddenly Razorback is at L1, and, well... I can't say I don't agree with it. Although his past experiences (meta) show that he hasn't indeed survived past day 2 (mostly because of policy lynches, which I don't really like; since they can take away from valuable discussion and give a great excuse for scum to not discuss and just lay low), I can't let a player just sit by and do nothing, like he has been doing.

To tell the truth, I don't think Razorback is being overdefensive - each person has its own method of defending themselves. There has been, however, at one or two points, one or two comments from him that didn't fit quite well - and I figured, as he stated, that this could be in part caused to his cautiosness and past experiences. But nothing of the sort seems like being overdefensive - unless I'm getting the meaning of the word wrong.
In this section of this post, he seems to be advocating for razorback's lynch while also defending him; I think this was the post that Excedrin referred to. I would strongly advise you to read the whole thing; there are more sections where he tells razorback to do things such as scumhunting, etc. which I feel is teaching. Here is a segment:
Razorback, give us one post where you analyzed one player and tried to evaluate his scumminess. Just that is enough for me to believe that what you are saying is true. You can be doing all the scumhunting in the world, but if you don't post it, then it's the same as nothing. You can't accuse someone of paying you little attention without giving one example.
If you want more, ask me. There is at least one post that follows that one where Exilon specifically asks razorback to be productive.

And finally, there is the post where Exilon states that he is ready to vote. Over pages 8 through 10, it feels like Exilon is getting more and more frustrated with razorback, eventually to the point of getting rid of his buddy.

For reference, here is Exilon's response to Excedrin's point:
Exilon, p.322 wrote: For me, his self-preservation and concern with survival wasn't THAT scummy, for reasons I posted. his lack of defense, on the other hand, is pretty much reason for me to suspect him. Coaching him? I was stating a fact. And am I the only one who told Razorback "that's not the way to go if you want to survive"?. I can see how you can consider that coaching, but really now, would I really just say "you're not defending, that's scummy, die scum" and vote him? This is a newbie game. People are learning. I'm not going to ignore the possibility he is just a midless, helpless townie who is frustrated with the fact he gets killed early every time. Which, by the way, was a very strong possibility at the time.
True, you are not the only one; that's why I suspected kelikar/KageLord. However, looking back, I found quite a few instances, more than others, if I may say so, of such behavior. I can list more than the above if you want me to. Also, it may just be me, but I felt razorback particularly responded quickly to you.

Contention 2: Exilon had a motive in killing Leafsnail, who had stated, "Certainly, I find it interesting when someone accuses someone of being definate scum and yet holds the hammer off them." (his post 257; context is that Exilon had posted that he was ready to vote, in post 249).

The full post by Leafsnail:
Leafsnail, p.257 wrote: I don't think we should hold off. I think anyone who feels sure razorback is scum should hammer. Discussion is always easier with one dead scum.

You might say it would reduce the info we get, but seeing who is prepared to hammer and who isn't provides a lot of info, especially if razorback flips scum. Certainly, I find it interesting when someone accuses someone of being definate scum and yet holds the hammer off them.
Of course, Leafsnail never specifically mentions Exilon, but I think that he would feel threatened by this. Perhaps Leafsnail would go after Exilon the next day because of this reason.

Exilon responds to this post in post 265. Here is the relevant portion:
Exilon, p.265 wrote: First part he says "discussion is always easier with one dead scum.". Was I the only one who picked up on this and noticed Leafsnail does not even consider Razorback being town? Even if what he means is that he believes Razorback is scum (and notice how he doesn't really make any mention of his stance on him), then accoridng to what he said, he SHOULD HAVE VOTED ON HIM, and he didn't - so there seems to be some kind of contradiction here.

And on that second part - I don't know if he's addressing me or Red Star. If it's me, then it seems a litle iffy because I think I have explained myself and I didn't really say "Razorback is obviously scum", if I recall corectly, at least.

If it's Red Star, then it's interesting when in his next post Red Star votes. Could that be seen as some kind of message / taunt that Red Star picked up on?
Seems the reasoning is a bit wispy here. I read that Exilon is suggesting that Leafsnail could be razor's buddy, because he "does not even consider Razorback being town." This doesn't seem to be a substantial reason. Exilon also states that he never said razorback was obviously scum. Something doesn't feel right. Of course Exilon will respond that no, he wasn't sure. But before he was leading us all to believe that he had made up his decision to vote for razorback. I think Leafsnail was referring to the fact that if you decide that you will vote for razorback, then you should vote for him. Finally, the last portion is even crazier; is Exilon now suggesting a Red Star-Leafsnail scum team?

Exilon would not risk Leafsnail using this against him in Day 2, so he killed him.

Contention 3: Exilon had a motive in keeping me and Red Star, the claimed doctor, alive, and in killing horrordude0215.

This is the crucial point that I don't think anyone brought up yet. I think Excedrin touched on it, but not to anywhere the depths I would like. Hmm...how to start? I'll begin the fact that I'm alive. I believe that Exilon intentionally kept me alive in hopes that I would pursue Excedrin (or maybe KageLord). Since I seemed quite persuasive, maybe I could form a good case against them that would convince other people of lynching that person. First, a quick note about potential scenarios: because I believe Red Star is doctor, that leaves either RB + doc and cop or GOON + doc. I'll be frank and reason that since I was one of the most pro-town/scumhunting players, that means there was a high chance that Red Star would protect me. Therefore, if Exilon wished to kill me and he was RB, then he would have to RB Red Star or risk having a save otherwise.

However, I am alive and horror is dead. Now I want to talk a bit about horror. He was one of the three players who seemed to have the highest likelihood of being scum. Why in the world would scum choose to kill him? It only eliminates one option for the town to lynch and forces us to look at other options. I think that quite a few of us would have wanted to look at horror in depth and possibly lynch him. Therefore there must have been another motive in killing him. I can think of several. First, because he was highly suspected, he would have a much lower (I'd say negligible) chance of being chosen by the doctor. This would make it safe for mafia to kill him and assume that their murder will be accomplished successfully. Also, even if there is a RB + cop and doc, that means that the RB can use his block on someone else besides Red Star, possibly a cop.

There is another motivation for killing horror. I know this is WIFOM, but I believe it has a strong basis in evidence. At the end of day 2, Exilon specifically asked me a question. Now, perhaps it's because I was the addressee of the question that I picked this up, but I feel it is important. Here's the quote:
Exilon, p. 446 wrote: Skerterg:
Skerterg wrote: Also, a note: I'm pretty sure Excedrin was just pressuring you. Lots of his arguments did seem to contradict themselves; I'm sure even he will admit to it. Now, it may be because he was posting all his thoughts at once and didn't have time to reorganize them...
Does this make your view of Excedrin waver in any way? How can contradictions help to make a solid / consistent "case"? I do have an idea of why/how you'd say this, just want to see if it matches.
He is specifically judging me to see if I would be willing to push Excedrin. Indeed, if I didn't say that my view would waver, then I would stand a much higher chance of being taken out, perhaps. When I read this, I decided that I would try to show that I suspected Excedrin with this post:
Skerterg, p.447 wrote: To Exilon: Taken just superficially, of course it would make Excedrin seem less pro-town. Bad reasoning/inconsistency is not supposed to be town behavior. Contradictions don't help his case; I think horror posted a few examples.
In truth, I never really suspected Excedrin and felt that he was very pro-town. His pressuring of horrordude0215 was indeed a good way to test his response and the response of others. To note: I do believe his story that he would have changed his vote to KageLord if he had known about the deadline.

Also, I never really indicated any suspicion at Exilon. More reason why he would want me alive.

Exilon tries to piggy back/prod me to post at the very start of day 3. Look here:
Exilon, p.457 wrote: I didn't think Horror would die. I'm not too willing to go into nightkill analysis because it might be a little too much WIFOM, but I'm open for discussion. Skerterg?
Of course he didn't want to express his views; he wanted someone else to push for Excedrin lynch first. I think he was expecting me to say that Excedrin killed horror because horror was pointing out the flaws in his arguments and was voting for him (note: there still are flaws in his argument). I wanted to delay a bit and get him to reveal more of his thoughts; that's why I asked him that question. The question to the rest of you was just there so that his suspicion would not be aroused. The phrase "I'm open for discussion" reads "I don't want to express my views in case they go against Skerterg's, who I'm counting on to push a case against someone else."

There are other times I feel he just agrees with me. At the beginning of the day, he said he suspected KageLord and Excedrin, both of whom I made seem like I suspected (I really did suspect KageLord, and I just made it seem like I suspect Excedrin). Note also that he thinks Red Star's claim is correct, like me. He also agreed with me when I made my case against pops, and KageLord. When I made that case against ahoda, he essentially mimicked me, except he actually voted.

Finally, he would have no need of killing the doctor. If the doctor doesn't protect his target, then he is basically just regular townie. In fact, Red Star specifically mentions that he doesn't suspect Exilon in both day 1 and day 2; I'm too lazy to check, but I'm sure it's there.

Sorry if this contention seems a bit confusing; all the facts are kind of intertwined.

TL;DR:

Contention 1: Looking at Exilon in isolation, I saw attempts at teaching razorback.

Contention 2: Exilon had a motive in killing Leafsnail, who had stated, "Certainly, I find it interesting when someone accuses someone of being definate scum and yet holds the hammer off them." (his post 257; context is that Exilon had posted that he was ready to vote, in post 249).

Contention 3: Exilon had a motive in keeping me and Red Star, the claimed doctor, alive, while killing horrordude0215.

Jeebuz, I've convinced myself pretty well. Let's lynch this remaining scum.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by skerterg »

There's no reason for anyone to be
waiting
for someone else to post.
Heh, unless that person wants someone else to post first to see his thoughts.

Just sayin'.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 12:48 am

Post by Exilon »

I will answer your contentions in general, skerterg. I can go into specific points if needed, but for clarity's sake, it is better if I do so.

As for the first contention, and also the first part of your post:
Looking at Exilon in isolation, I saw attempts at teaching razorback.
Which was addressed by Excedrin right on the beginning of Day 2, and discussed in pretty much detail by me and him for a while. All of my defense is there, if you still want to pick up on it, grab quotes, and something new to add to the attack. also:
Skerterg wrote: Also, it may just be me, but I felt razorback particularly responded quickly to you.
Razorback didn't answer quickly to me, or even if he did, he never addressed what I wanted him to address, so is that really motive for suspicion?
Worthy of note: I accused him of lying more than once and he never responded to it.

Your contention 2 is wrong.
Skerterg wrote:Exilon had a motive in killing Leafsnail, who had stated, "Certainly, I find it interesting when someone accuses someone of being definate scum and yet holds the hammer off them." (his post 257; context is that Exilon had posted that he was ready to vote, in post 249).
Leafsnail wrote: "Certainly, I find it interesting when someone accuses someone of being definate scum and yet holds the hammer off them."
He wasn't talking about me, he was talking about Red Star. Check the context. I remember this sentence and at first also thought it was directed at me, but that wasn't the case. (As shown in your quote of me.)
Skerterg wrote: Seems the reasoning is a bit wispy here. I read that Exilon is suggesting that Leafsnail could be razor's buddy, because he "does not even consider Razorback being town." This doesn't seem to be a substantial reason. Exilon also states that he never said razorback was obviously scum. Something doesn't feel right. Of course Exilon will respond that no, he wasn't sure. But before he was leading us all to believe that he had made up his decision to vote for razorback. I think Leafsnail was referring to the fact that if you decide that you will vote for razorback, then you should vote for him. Finally, the last portion is even crazier; is Exilon now suggesting a Red Star-Leafsnail scum team?
This is off. What happened for me to make that post is that I actually forgot Leafsnail had already stated who he was suspecting. I later ISO'd him and confirmed I was wrong - here:
exilon wrote: (Iso post 26) Gah you're right sorry sorry sorry << I missed you were actually the very first vote. And it was a little late at night, so... Anyway, my point was that, if Razorback ends up flipping town, that's something worth looking at (he voting after what you said).
why would a Red Star-Leafsnail team be a crazy thing to consider?

Contention 3 is, of course, not very refutable. NK analysis is NK analysis, but if it serves as anything, I would have killed you Night 1 right off the bat. It would have given me some town points because you never suspected me Day 1 so I would have interest in keeping you alive. People could also just deduce you were killed because you were threatening.

Also, you never addressed why would I be interested in keeping Red Star alive. In fact, your paragraph supports that, were I scum, my life would have been easier had I killed him already.
skerterg wrote: However, I am alive and horror is dead. Now I want to talk a bit about horror. He was one of the three players who seemed to have the highest likelihood of being scum. Why in the world would scum choose to kill him? It only eliminates one option for the town to lynch and forces us to look at other options. I think that quite a few of us would have wanted to look at horror in depth and possibly lynch him. Therefore there must have been another motive in killing him. I can think of several. First, because he was highly suspected, he would have a much lower (I'd say negligible) chance of being chosen by the doctor. This would make it safe for mafia to kill him and assume that their murder will be accomplished successfully.
And this is exactly what I stated when I analyzed Horror's nightkill. so how does that translate into me being scum? That is a motive ANYONE could have had to kill Horror, not only me. So why should it be used as a viable argument into accusing me?
Furthermore, and I also know this is WIFOM (but to WIFOM attacks WIFOM defenses), but Kagelord would also be the optimal (better) target were I scum. First, Horror was being much more pressured, so there'd be an easier mislynch, two, me and Horror are Excedrin's main suspects. By killing Horror, I'm practically asking Excedrin to come after me instead. Three, I'd also be avoiding Red Star's protection!
skerterg wrote: He is specifically judging me to see if I would be willing to push Excedrin. Indeed, if I didn't say that my view would waver, then I would stand a much higher chance of being taken out, perhaps.
I wasn't. I saw something on Excedrin which I found to be suspicious, specially by placing myself on your shoes, "since we think alike", (remember how you stated this Day 1?). I tried to reason how you wouldn't see it as suspicious, and therefore asked the question to see if it was consistent by what I generally thought of you.
Skerterg wrote: Exilon tries to piggy back/prod me to post at the very start of day 3; etc.
When your Nightkill analysis is full of WIFOM as mine was (and you read it), it doesn't really justify to go into in-depth if no one else is willing to participate. It happens that you and I were the only people Day 2 who tried to analyze the nightkill into great depth.
Skerterg wrote: There are other times I feel he just agrees with me. At the beginning of the day, he said he suspected KageLord and Excedrin, both of whom I made seem like I suspected (I really did suspect KageLord, and I just made it seem like I suspect Excedrin). Note also that he thinks Red Star's claim is correct, like me. He also agreed with me when I made my case against pops, and KageLord. When I made that case against ahoda, he essentially mimicked me, except he actually voted.
what? I don't "just" agree with you, why are you trying to make me look like a parrot? I've been suspecting excedrin ever since Day 2, and I thorougly justified myself whenever prompted (And even when not prompted). How is that agreeing with you? I've been saying I believe Red Star's claim ever since the beginning of Day 2 and I also justified myself, how is that "just" agreeing with you? Also mind, Day 3 I immediatly stated what I felt about everyone wITHOUT "WAITING" to see your views and how they had changed overnight.
I didn't essentialy mimick you on Ahoda, that's being pretensious. I made up my own justification and I don't see there any stolen words, reasoning or anything of the such. I didn't vote because of you, I voted based on the confidence that Ahoda should be lynched.

How is that "just" agreeing with you? Only time I can say I essentially "just" agreed with you was on Kagelord, because I thought your case wasn't bad, but that didn't make him my top suspect.

@excedrin: I'll post my answer to you on a different post as soon as I get back. Also, to Red Star: why did you protect someone you are suspecting?
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 6:18 am

Post by Exilon »

excedrin wrote: Exilon, your question seems to be... "why are you explaining what you meant?" I'm not sure how to answer that. Communication happens based on meaning being translated into words. Then, when someone replies in a way that indicates they don't understand the meaning behind the words, words get rearranged and replaced with other words that attempt to convey the meaning in a more clear way.

Along those lines, you say that you think I'm scum, but you're not voting me. Is there any reason for that?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, I've said this before but it doesn't seem to be sinking in. There's no reason for anyone to be waiting for someone else to post. Go read the thread, find something that you have an opinion about and post it. If there's nothing in the thread that you have an opinion about then why are you playing? Be more proactive! This applies to everyone.
Ok, noted. My point is that you kept changing the initial sentence so your attack would still work on me; problem is, they aren't the same nor are they a rearrange of the sentence before it; they actually convey different ideas.

As for the vote... I forgot, actually. I sometimes start writing thinking "should I vote at the beginning or the end" and the end the post and it completely went past me.
vote: Excedrin
Fixed now xD

When I said *waits for people to answer* I wasn't being THAT literal. I posted my thoughts and there isn't much else I can say, so waiting for people to post is essentially expressing the wish to hear other people's thoughts.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 10:47 am

Post by KittyMo »

[1] Exilon - (skerterg)
[1] Excedrin - (Exilon)
[0] KageLord - ()
[0] skerterg - ()

[2]
Not Voting
- (KageLord, Red Star)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

nada

"Speech is a mirror of the soul: as a man speaks, so is he." ~ Publilius Syrus

"plz don't swear" -- N
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by Excedrin »

now we need KageLord to vote for skerterg and Red Star to vote for KageLord... yes
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2010 9:04 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count XXX

[1] Exilon - (skerterg)
[1] Excedrin - (Exilon)
[0] KageLord - ()
[0] skerterg - ()

[2]
Not Voting
- (KageLord, Red Star)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

nada
Last edited by KittyMo on Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"plz don't swear" -- N
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by skerterg »

Did you read all of my post, Exilon? I feel that you might have skimmed over some parts. Anyway, here are points I want to make:
Which was addressed by Excedrin right on the beginning of Day 2, and discussed in pretty much detail by me and him for a while. All of my defense is there, if you still want to pick up on it, grab quotes, and something new to add to the attack. also:
Do you mind restating some of the arguments you made in your defense? I only found one, and I included that in my SOAP.
Exilon, p.322 wrote:For me, his self-preservation and concern with survival wasn't THAT scummy, for reasons I posted. his lack of defense, on the other hand, is pretty much reason for me to suspect him. Coaching him? I was stating a fact. And am I the only one who told Razorback "that's not the way to go if you want to survive"?. I can see how you can consider that coaching, but really now, would I really just say "you're not defending, that's scummy, die scum" and vote him? This is a newbie game. People are learning. I'm not going to ignore the possibility he is just a midless, helpless townie who is frustrated with the fact he gets killed early every time. Which, by the way, was a very strong possibility at the time.
If there are any others, post them and I'll take a look.

Now, how can you be so sure that it was Red Star Leafsnail was talking about?

There is a very good reason I feel that a Leafsnail-Red Star scum team would be improbable. Leafsnail stated that he did not believe razor and Red Star could both be scum. Red Star was indeed acting very suspiciously, as stated by me, Excedrin, and maybe some others. So if razor flipped town, then he would be forced to go after Red Star, the assumed scumbuddy. Doesn't seem right to me.
Also, you never addressed why would I be interested in keeping Red Star alive. In fact, your paragraph supports that, were I scum, my life would have been easier had I killed him already.
In fact I did, right here:
skerterg wrote:Finally, he would have no need of killing the doctor. If the doctor doesn't protect his target, then he is basically just regular townie. In fact, Red Star specifically mentions that he doesn't suspect Exilon in both day 1 and day 2; I'm too lazy to check, but I'm sure it's there.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by Excedrin »

skerterg (and KageLord), what do you think about post 480, further up this page?

If you prefer, I'll be happy to share my views on it before you share yours.
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:20 am

Post by Red Star »

Ok, several more suspicions on me then.

-'Convenient to attack skerterg'

Believe me, it's not just skerterg. I'm suspicious of everybody right now, so I'm just being paranoid.

-'Nothing but misreps and scummy comments'

a) I was trying to be brief
b) It was simply my opinion of him, because it seemed to fit based on what I was reading

"You realize that mafia knew how razorback would flip. That doesn't need a crystal ball"

What? What is this supposed to mean?

And yes, I'm posting more tomorrow. This is just a quick post before sleep.
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:04 am

Post by Exilon »

Yes, Skerterg, I read the whole post. If you feel I missed something you are free to point it out. I could have missed something but I tried to address everything as clearly as possible.
skerterg wrote:Do you mind restating some of the arguments you made in your defense? I only found one, and I included that in my SOAP.
I think that point pretty much sums up all the feelings and general behaviour I had towards Razorback pretty well. You didn't really break the argument down anyway (only the point that I wasn't the only one telling Razorback to be produtive - and the only reason I asked more than others was because he kept ignoring my request for him to show me he wasn't lying).

For clarity's sake, I think it suffices until more specific quotes are required.
Skerterg wrote: Now, how can you be so sure that it was Red Star Leafsnail was talking about?
Because he said so?
Leafsnail wrote: What I am saying is that if anyone has razorback as scum they should go ahead and hammer him. We get more info about who's prepared to hammer who that way.

Red Star's reluctance to vote someone he had marked as guarenteed scum a few pages ago is very interesting, and he never gave an adequate answer why he unvoted his prime suspicion. And almost all his posts give off this strange active-lurkery feel.

This was after Red Star voted after that post you quoted from Leafsnail. He could have ben talking about me as well, but I had justified myself of why I was holding the hammer. Besides, I believe Red Star was much more certain that Razorback was scum than I was.

Exilon wrote: Also, you never addressed why would I be interested in keeping Red Star alive. In fact, your paragraph supports that, were I scum, my life would have been easier had I killed him already.
I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. I wrote this after I read the paragraph I mention on the second sentence and didn't rectify it once I read your comment about Red Star. It still stands that your paragraph supports Exilon-scum to kill him, even if he doesn't suspect me. Truth be told, there's also other people he doesn't really suspect.
Skerterg wrote: There is a very good reason I feel that a Leafsnail-Red Star scum team would be improbable. Leafsnail stated that he did not believe razor and Red Star could both be scum. Red Star was indeed acting very suspiciously, as stated by me, Excedrin, and maybe some others. So if razor flipped town, then he would be forced to go after Red Star, the assumed scumbuddy. Doesn't seem right to me.
Yeah, improbable is the right word; not "crazy", as you said. And still, it wasn't inconceivable, SPECIALLY AT THE TIME OF THE QUOTE. A bus like that wouldn't be surprising, and I believe Leafsnail could even slip Red Star's fake suspicion under the rug if something more useful came up. Also, in one of his later quotes, he wavers a bit on his suspicion of Red Star. Do you still wanna call my thought then "crazy"?
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:09 am

Post by KageLord »

Sorry for the lack of posting in all of that. I was at a chess tourney for the past 3 days.

Anyway, this Exilon-skerterg argument seems like it could go on for a while and they are bringing up some pretty good points, so... we'll see where that leads. But, a part from the SOAP that got to me:
skerterg wrote:Contention 3: Exilon had a motive in keeping me and Red Star, the claimed doctor, alive, and in killing horrordude0215.

This is the crucial point that I don't think anyone brought up yet. I think Excedrin touched on it, but not to anywhere the depths I would like. Hmm...how to start? I'll begin the fact that I'm alive. I believe that Exilon intentionally kept me alive in hopes that I would pursue Excedrin (or maybe KageLord). Since I seemed quite persuasive, maybe I could form a good case against them that would convince other people of lynching that person. First, a quick note about potential scenarios: because I believe Red Star is doctor, that leaves either RB + doc and cop or GOON + doc. I'll be frank and reason that since I was one of the most pro-town/scumhunting players, that means there was a high chance that Red Star would protect me. Therefore, if Exilon wished to kill me and he was RB, then he would have to RB Red Star or risk having a save otherwise.

However, I am alive and horror is dead. Now I want to talk a bit about horror. He was one of the three players who seemed to have the highest likelihood of being scum. Why in the world would scum choose to kill him? It only eliminates one option for the town to lynch and forces us to look at other options. I think that quite a few of us would have wanted to look at horror in depth and possibly lynch him. Therefore there must have been another motive in killing him. I can think of several. First, because he was highly suspected, he would have a much lower (I'd say negligible) chance of being chosen by the doctor. This would make it safe for mafia to kill him and assume that their murder will be accomplished successfully. Also, even if there is a RB + cop and doc, that means that the RB can use his block on someone else besides Red Star, possibly a cop.
When you asked me to think of a reason why Red Star would be left alive, I said I wanted to wait for Red Star to respond to that suspicion first (which he didn't do, even though he posted twice since then). But, I was thinking about it in kind of the same way as you in that if the scum is RB, they can just block him and make him a normal townie. However, I found two things wrong with thinking like that. The first is that, of course, the scum would have to be RB. Since no one has claimed cop yet, and it seems unlikely that they will unless they are about to be lynched, it would not be a bad idea to think about our situation if there actually is no cop. Well, that would mean no RB scum. And if the scum isn't RB, that means Red Star has had a chance every night to save a target, so he is far from a regular townie as far as scum is concerned. Why keep someone alive that has an increasing chance of saving someone and removing himself and that person from suspicion (killing 3 birds with one stone)? I think it would have been easier for scum to take out skerterg and Red Star early. It wouldn't be very easy to pin the blame on anyone since skerterg could be targeted for being an active scumhunter and Red Star for being doc.

The other problem I found with that was that even if it was RB and cop and doc, and as you said, scum might then just block other people hoping that they would be cop, the scum would still probably benefit from just killing the doc instead of worrying about him possibly getting it right. Why kill someone that could be linked back to him instead? Also, if it was an RB blocking Red Star's doc, then one of us would have to be a cop and it would only be a matter of time till scum was found.

So, really, none of that NK analysis clears Red Star in the least for me and instead just makes him look more suspicious.
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:22 am

Post by Excedrin »

Please address my question re: post 480. It's an interesting post.
Red Star
Red Star
Goon
Red Star
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Red Star »

KageLord wrote:I said I wanted to wait for Red Star to respond to that suspicion first
Ok, now this is really starting to annoy me. I've already said, how am I supposed to be able to defend against NK analysis? I've already said, I protected Exilon on Night 1 and skerterg on Night 2. That's all there is to it. I think that the only I've been left alive is to act as a convenient scapegoat to attack.
I am watching you
├é┬á ▲
▲ ▲
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:56 am

Post by skerterg »

Red Star was pretty spot on with his defense, I thought. He summarized the main arguments against him and addressed them quite well. I guess I'll go through each of his categories and comment on them:

Lurk:
Yea, he did lurk earlier in the game, and I hope he posts more.

Night Actions:
I don't know if Excedrin is specifically asking you why you didn't save anyone yet (not that I recall, at least...). I don't really see any motivation for killing horror and even less for killing Leafsnail. Leafsnail said that he doesn't see a razor-Red Star team. I think this would take precedence over Red Star's strange behavior for Leafsnail; it certainly does for me. As for horror...well, he did FOS Red Star, but he does that to a lot of people.

Not Scumhunting:
I felt a few of his posts did try to scumhunt.

Scummy behavior:
Well, asides from lurking (which is pretty important, I grant you, since scum can basically deprive town of information) I haven't seen that much scummy behavior. I didn't feel the "Doc Diaries" were that bad...I mean, I remember one game where TaylorSwift false-claimed cop and did a similar thing, but this is up for speculation.

End of Day 1 Actions
What I don't get is why Red Star would claim doctor when razorback was likely to be lynched. I'd say, that at the time of Red Star claim, that it looked like it was more likely razorback was going to be lynched. If I recall correctly, razorback was at L-1 and Red Star at L-2, with a commitment to vote Red Star from me. But Exilon stated that he would vote for razorback. Leafsnail and I (and perhaps others) stated that we didn't think a Red Star-razorback pair was likely. So why risk a claim like that if you're mafia? I just can't see it.

Red Star believed there was a chance that he would be lynched, and there certainly was one. With both him and razor basically at L-1 (with Exilon implying that he would vote for razorback), there was a chance that someone else would switch to Red Star. I can see someone claiming doctor. Now, if he's mafia, then one of them is going to die anyway. Now, you could argue that Red Star claimed doctor specifically so that HE would be alive and not razorback, who would likely get himself lynched sometime later. However, he doesn't even need to claim. As long as razorback is the one lynched, there were several who stated that Red Star-razorback team was improbable.

The only scenarios I can think for a Red Star-razorback scumteam is this:

Epic WIFOM. All the talk between razor and Red Star was staged. razor was fully conscious of the fact that his style of playing would get him lynched and specifically planned this. Red Star caught on (or they discussed this earlier) and played along. I give this a 1% chance.

Corollary to 1.
Actually, this thought just came into my head. The whole thing wasn't staged but for real: two scum going at it. Red Star was frustrated/annoyed/something by razorback and stated that he was scum. razorback was angry and specifically stated that Red Star was scum. However, this doesn't explain why Red Star would suddenly retract his vote at L-1. If this is the situation, I would imagine he would be pretty satisfied. I'd give this a 1% chance.

Red Star knew that razorback or himself would be lynched day 1 and made sure that he wasn't the one killed, since razorback would be terrible scum. So, with both essentially at L-1, he claims doctor and hopes for the best (a 50% chance of guessing wrong). Perhaps he is roleblocker and he doesn't want to die, giving a lot of information to the town. There are two scenarios (out of the four) where the claim would work: goon+goon+cop and goon+RB. Assuming that there is a cop and he was roleblocked, then that cop would know that the scenario must be goon+RB+doc+cop or that Red Star was fakeclaiming. But if it's goon+RB+doc+cop then there is another doctor who would counterclaim Red Star. Therefore, if Red Star is fakeclaiming it is safe to assume that we either have a nonroleblocked cop or no power role. I hadn't considered this scenario and though it is unlikely it's more probable than the other ones. Still, I don't know why Red Star would risk a claim when some (Leafsnail and I, maybe others) said that Red Star-razorback team was unlikely. I'd say a 5% chance.

Also, I saw that Excedrin brought up a point that razorback was really confident that Red Star was mafia. Well, if you look in the game where razorback was mafia, he would still say something like "I'm certain it's this person."

Basically, unless Red Star is pulling an epic WIFOM on us or playing some cunning and risky game, I can't see Red Star as scum.
skerterg
skerterg
Townie
skerterg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:40 am

Post by skerterg »

KageLord wrote:Why keep someone alive that has an increasing chance of saving someone and removing himself and that person from suspicion (killing 3 birds with one stone)?
Sorry for quote-sniping but I feel this summarizes your whole post. Basically, if Red Star doesn't choose the same person that the mafia does, the mafia has no need of killing Red Star. In this case, for Night 2, horror's death was unexpected. I would think that a doctor would protect either me, Excedrin, or Exilon. Therefore it is very safe for the mafia to choose horror, since Red Star won't protect him. This rule applies to both RB and goon scenario: he can now use his roleblock elsewhere.

Another possible reason for keeping Red Star alive is that the scum might be someone he doesn't suspect. This is why I pointed the finger at Exilon; Red Star stated that he didn't think Exilon was scum and even protected him Night 1. Also, Exilon is mafia, he wouldn't have needed to kill me night 1; I put him as the most pro-town player.

To Exilon: A few points.

First, fine, it's not crazy. I think if you just stop and think about it for a bit, then it would be pretty easy to come up with an argument against it. But it isn't totally inconceivable. Apologies for my overstatement.

I went over Exilon again in ISO to see possible attempts at teaching/defend razorback. Here are my results:

Post 7: Exilon may be attempting to get razor to reply to horror.

Post 8: He seems to defend razor's lack of response to horror.

Post 19: An attack on Red star.

*an interlude of about 68 hours and 34 posts (170-203) while razor is being grilled (he went from L-4 to L-1)*

Post 20: Read the post; I feel he is trying to defend razor while still seeming like he is attacking him. He starts "Suddenly Razorback is at L1, and, well... I can't say I don't agree with it" but then states Although his past experiences (meta) show that he hasn't indeed survived past day 2 (mostly because of policy lynches, which I don't really like; since they can take away from valuable discussion and give a great excuse for scum to not discuss and just lay low)" which is basically a defense of razor. He explains in his next paragraph that he doesn't think Razorback is overdefensive. There there is a bit of an attack on Red Star.

Post 215 (sorry for switch to full thread mode; I think this is his post 20):
Now Exilon specifically addresses razorback and basically tries to force him to post his case, from what I feel. Also to note: razorback posts shortly afterwards that huge block of Red Star quotes. I feel he is following Exilon's instructions--actually, he is following his instructions. Whether it's because they are scum buddies or because he actually listens for a change I don't know; I suspect it's the former.

Also, for clarification: I guess what I should have said is that I feel you went along with the "popular" belief. The only real exception is your belief that Excedrin is scum. You voted ahoda during the time he was under fire, then you jumped on pops after he put the L-1 vote. Note that horror started both of those; I don't know if it's just bad timing, but you followed right after. You posted one post when razor was at L-4; the next post comes when he is at L-1. Then you indicate that you suspect him while still defending him and attacking Red Star. Pops was suspicious and you voted him. Of course, these by themselves wouldn't be enough to warrant suspicion, but put together...I don't think anyone else has been this "mainstream."
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by Excedrin »

man.... you read / responded in more detail than I needed, I was just going to say:
I'd like to point out that when Red Star posted his "ok everyone's suspicious of me..." post (post 480, further up this page), Exilon wasn't mentioned. Red Star also omitted horrordude and popsofctown, but we can presume he omitted them because they're both dead (town). Point is, town aligned players are suspicious of Red Star. So, Exilon is kinda conspicuous by absence.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”