LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:01 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

the silent speaker wrote:Are you nuts, CA? Or are you just a scum assassin? I'm the
cop

One further note: Lee must be scum from his role claim alone. He says he blocked me night 2 and therefore thinks the no-kill was due to me being blocked. Setting aside that I'm the cop and got a result, why oh why would Lee not block me again at his next opportunity? But there were kills on night 3, when Fuldu blocked me, and every night since. Thus Lee is shown to be a liar and should die.
Woo! crap logic! Let me try to take this bit by bit.

Who said I didn't block you again at my next opportunity? You definately have a scum partner alive, right? I'm sure that after you were blocked N2, you had your parner doing the killing.

Now, moreso...

The play today is simple (and I believe was stated by CA and MeMe), We vote to lynch TSS, InHim saves him (hereby saving TSS and proving his innocence), I will block TSS tonight. If InHim fails, and TSS is scum, we know that InHim is scum with him.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:05 pm

Post by MeMe »

Exactly -- but before the fourth vote inHim MUST say straight out that he will exercise his ability on tss. I don't want him to have any room for excuses tomorrow!
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:51 pm

Post by Someone »

Where does this take us though?

Inhim is obviously not going to make the kill tonight because he knows you're going to block him. Wouldn't it be more a use of your abilities to block somebody else?
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:50 am

Post by Nox »

There are so many flaws in everyone`s logic. -_-
Nocturne is, most obviously, NOT sleeping.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:18 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Vote count, five to evict someone:

the silent speaker 3 (LoudmouthLee, MeMe, Commodore Amazing)
LoudmouthLee 2 (the silent speaker, Nox)

Not voting: Someone, Leonidas, inHimshallibe
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:51 am

Post by MeMe »

Articulate the flaws you see, Nox. Right now it just looks, to me, that you're voicing opposition to a plan that
should work
-- regardless of whether you believe tss. There's an obvious answer to why you would do that if you're scum, but not if you're town.

Here's my logic: if tss is a sane cop, inHim will be able to save him. If he's not -- and he's
not
, I know because he says I'm mafia -- he (and you) are trying to get a blocker lynched: the one claimed power role left that can combat scum at night.

inHim -- please assure everyone that you plan to save tss if he gets lynched.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:29 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

freed, freed at last-

Go town
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:15 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Yes, I'll do it.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:08 am

Post by the silent speaker »

First, let me reiterate the force of my claim, since I seem to be surrounded by idiots.

I am the cop. No one else has claimed cop, and no one else has died and turned out to be a cop. If you think I lied and am not the cop, then you think there was NO COP IN THE GAME FROM DAY ONE. And if you think this, then Lee has a bridge to sell you, because that's a dumb thing to think. Look at Lee's claimed role, and then come back and tell me that was put in the game but the role of cop is not.

Second: point-for-point refutations.
LoudmouthLee wrote:I can prove my abaility and my innocence by allowing me to block tonight. If I fail to block someone with a role...
You mean like you did night 2? No matter what happens, you can claim that you did block and the other person must be scum.
Commodore Amazing wrote:You didn't mention MeMe here. That is strange.
If I had, don't you think I would have been jumped on for saying, "Yes, she did as she promised, but I still think she's scum"? As it is, I
don't
know whether she's scum with an ability, a really good guesser, or whether there's something else splendidly weird going on.
Where does this ["The Shadow was not mafia."] come from? You hadn't investigated The Shadow.
It came from his being DEAD and revealed nonscum!
Day one, you only referenced MeMe by agreeing with her. What's that about? Did you think you were insane that soon?
The thought had crossed my mind; after all, ahead of time the odds are three or four to one that any given player will be pro-town, so one guilty result is at least as likely to be due to insanity as to guilt. And if I
was
sane, I didn't want her thinking I was any danger to her.

Third: offense.
Remember yesterday, when I came out of the blue with the pronouncement that inHim and Nanook were both scum or both town, and whichever they were the reverse was the case with both MeMe and LML? (There, by the way, is your "cop getting results out there in case of death, CA.) There is no conceivable reason I should have done this as scum. I would have been sitting pretty there: a townie was about to get lynched, the town was about to go into lynch-right-or-lose if (as is generally assumed, including by me) there are three scum still alive, and no one had uttered one word against me. Yet all of a sudden I stuck my neck way out, and practically begged inHim to use his power to save Nanook, thus taking the town OUT of risk of lynch-or-lose.

The fact that it
is
lynch-or-lose -- now, because I was overridden yesterday -- is why I'm fighting this still. If inHim fails -- because of blocking issues, or worse, because he has some kind of strange godfather role -- lynching him tomorrow will be moot because there won't be a tomorrow. And the fact that MeMe and LML are so insistent on my resting my life into inHim's hands makes me worry that they know something.

Look at this, people.
LoudmouthLee wrote:My thoughts on the people who are left (I'll include myself)

1. Someone - Claimed Townie. Has lurked his way after that. Possibility of scum - 75%
3. NanookTheWolf - Claimed townie, misspelled Pooky / Pookie. Possibility of scum - 50% (i find the fact that pooky is misspelled to be helpful rather than damaging)
4. MeMe - I believe the claim of Mith. Seems to have a nice pro-town power ATM. Possibility of scum - Slim and None.
7. LoudmouthLee - Fought had for the Axel lynch, and is not scum, trust me on this one. Chance of scum - 0%
12. PeaceBringer - Visions could just be a farce, but nailed InHim to be Jeep. More on inHim later, but is possible that they are BOTH scum together. Chance of Scum - 50%
14. Leonidas - So far, so good... assumed power role, and also fought for Axel's death. Chance of scum - 15-20%
16. inHimshallibe - Probably scum. Jeep and Antrax could be in cahoots. Chance of scum, 80%
17. Commodore Amazing - probably pro-town, definately a killing entity. Could be a second SK, but i doubt it. Chance of scum, 15%
18. the silent speaker - Played like a pro-town maven this entire time. Chance of scum, 10%

20. Nox - Townie claim, dropped off the face of the earth, chance of scum - 75%
This was
yesterday.
As late as that, Lee judged me "a pro-town maven". Yet he claims he's been blocking me since day
and the lack of a kill then makes me suspect! Which is it, Lee? Have you been blocking me on suspicion, or have you been sure I was a good guy?

The flavor text was along the lines of using my super scum-finding abilities to find the scum in real life, by the way.

And once more, for emphasis:

I am the cop. No one else has claimed cop, and no one else has died and turned out to be a cop. If you think I lied and am not the cop, then you think there was NO COP IN THE GAME FROM DAY ONE. And if you think this, then Lee has a bridge to sell you, because that's a dumb thing to think. Look at Lee's claimed role, and then come back and tell me that was put in the game but the role of cop is not.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:16 am

Post by MeMe »

the silent speaker wrote:
I am the cop. No one else has claimed cop, and no one else has died and turned out to be a cop. If you think I lied and am not the cop, then you think there was NO COP IN THE GAME FROM DAY ONE.
1) We haven't yet heard Leo's claim 2) We
have
had two cop roles revealed -- just not strict
alignment
cops. Mackay found role names and Hey_Herb showed visions having to do with night actions.
tss wrote:The fact that it
is
lynch-or-lose -- now, because I was overridden yesterday -- is why I'm fighting this still. If inHim fails -- because of blocking issues, or worse, because he has some kind of strange godfather role -- lynching him tomorrow will be moot because there won't be a tomorrow.
This bothers me. I don't understand why, yesterday, you would say that inHim should be vigged for not saving Nanook "because he lied" but now that
you're
being asked to test your own theory on yourself, you come up with "blocking issues" and "strange godfather role" as excuses not to do so. Why weren't you worried about these yesterday?
tss wrote:And the fact that MeMe and LML are so insistent on my resting my life into inHim's hands makes me worry that they know something.
Um -- duh. Of course I "know something": that your claimed result on me isn't right...which makes it my logical conclusion that your result on Lee also has a rather large chance of being unreliable. So -- in my position -- would you truly believe it'd make sense for me to trust you? Or is it more sensible to be "insistent on [you] resting [your] life in inHim's hands" since you yourself have been insistent that we should follow your results (one of which is "inHim & Nanook are on the same side") like "the sheep" we are?
tss wrote:And once more, for emphasis:

I am the cop. No one else has claimed cop, and no one else has died and turned out to be a cop. If you think I lied and am not the cop, then you think there was NO COP IN THE GAME FROM DAY ONE. And if you think this, then Lee has a bridge to sell you, because that's a dumb thing to think.
Once more, for emphasis, two people have died and turned out to be cops. Just because they weren't alignment cops doesn't mean they weren't cops. As I've heard DP complain about games deteriorating into games of "follow the cop," I find it ridiculous that YOU think it's more logical for him to have a 1) night-action vision cop and a 2) role name cop AND a 3) alignment cop than the first two plus other strong pro-town roles.

But maybe I'm just dumb...or an idiot, eh?
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:32 am

Post by Leonidas »

vote: tss
, based on the fact that if IS is the cop, I'm the next pope.
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:37 am

Post by Leonidas »

unvote
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:38 am

Post by Leonidas »

Frustrating, frustrating...
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:01 am

Post by Leonidas »

Okay - 8 alive, 3 mafia left probably = lynch well or lose.

We need everyone to talk and we need the town to regain control over its destiny. I am extremely uneasy about voting along with MeMe, and I am even more uneasy to vote together with LML.
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:14 am

Post by Leonidas »

Here's my problem. Tss is claiming cop - a role no one else has claimed. And well -
Internet Stranger IS the paragon of mafia hunters.

Based on that: MeMe and LML mafia together makes much more sense than tss mafia. It has been making sense ever since LML agreed with MeMe that
"Axelrod's work was sloppy all around...."
. Little scum enjoying himself.

FOS: MeMe
to indicate my vote preference. Everything I said yesterday is true, MeMe. You more than deserve to win. The Axelrod pseudo-catch was a REMARKABLE gambit. You successfully shut me up yesterday.

But that does not mean that the town can't try to stop you.
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:18 am

Post by Leonidas »

(And if Axelrod would take it upon himself to use the COP and DOC thing - he would have informed his mafia buddies ;)).
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:30 am

Post by Leonidas »

the silent speaker wrote: Look at this, people.
LoudmouthLee wrote:My thoughts on the people who are left (I'll include myself)

18. the silent speaker - Played like a pro-town maven this entire time. Chance of scum, 10%
This was
yesterday.
As late as that, Lee judged me "a pro-town maven". Yet he claims he's been blocking me since day
and the lack of a kill then makes me suspect! Which is it, Lee? Have you been blocking me on suspicion, or have you been sure I was a good guy?
I buy infinitely.

confirm vote: LML
- die scum die. And if I have to choose between Samadhi and IS, Paragon of mafia hunters, I'll pick IS as pro-town, and Samadhi as co-scum with Antrax.

No save, please. Just a lynch. If by miracle LML is not scum, the vig can bring balance to the force tonight by killing tss, but it just won't happen. LML is scum, and so is MeMe - a little over-eagerness may yet cause your doom.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:04 am

Post by MeMe »

Leo's recent posts...

1) vote tss. If IS is the cop, I'm the pope.
2) 5 minutes later: unvote
3) 1 minute later: look how frustrated I am!
4) 23 minutes later: everyone should talk (ironic, no?); I'm uneasy about voting with MeMe -- and
very
uneasy about voting with Lee (apparently uneasiness set in within last 29 minutes)
5) 13 minutes later: IS hunts mafia so MeMe & Lee are together
6) 4 minutes later: MeMe only caught Axel because Axel told her
7) 12 minutes later: I totally believe tss and now think Lee is scum who shouldn't be lynched-saved because the ONE-SHOT VIG WHO ALREADY USED HIS ABILITY can fix it overnight anyway.

Um...can anyone say
weirdness
? Either you're scum trying to save your buddy or you're scum trying to look like you want to save someone who's going to show up as pro-town if he dies. And you've still not claimed an ability.

Your first couple of posts looked to me like you might be carrying out a daytime investigation and got tss as innocent...but the fact that you're using "tss is cop since no one else is" (again, inaccurate -- but I'll pretend you said 'alignment' cop) as part of your reason for "believing" tss -- in a half-hour turnaround -- I know that's not what you were doing. Which means you were putting on a show of assured voting...confused unvoting...talking yourself into a different perspective...and, finally, absolute assurance in the opposite direction of where you started.

unvote: tss
vote: Leonidas

If Leo's town,
I'M
the pope.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:23 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

unvote: the silent speaker
. MeMe, I am rather surprised that you unvoted tss when in your eyes, he obviously has to be scum. It's very possible that Leonidas missed the fact that I'm a one-shot vig. He has been absent this entire day. More later.
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:26 am

Post by MeMe »

Nope -- from my eyes he has to be
wrong
. I don't discount that other factors can go into IS's "results" -- IS, as a player, often operates on nothing more than pride and reputation.

I think tss is either getting bad information or is scum. I don't think that from Leo's last posts
he
can be anything OTHER than scum.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:36 am

Post by MeMe »

To clarify -- I'm talking about tss, not Leo, in that first sentence. If I've ever said that tss must be scum (though I'm almost sure I haven't), it was irritation rather than strict logic speaking. I can't believe tss's
claimed results
and his reluctance to put himself up for a saved lynch makes me think that he doesn't quite believe them either.

As for Leo, though, can you come up with any plausible pro-town reason for his last string of posts, CA? He starts out voting for tss on the basis that IS as cop doesn't make sense and then winds up voting for Lee on the basis that IS is the paragon of mafia hunters. What changed his mind? Reading the thread? If so...how did he miss your one-shotness?

As I said, DAY COP could work as an explanation...but then his point about believing tss as a cop because no one else has claimed cop
doesn't
work.
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:01 am

Post by Leonidas »

Err.. what's happening, MeMe. Is Tss wrong, or scum? And you prefer Samadhi as a half-time role-blocker to IS the paragon of mafia hunters? :lol:

Die scum die. But LML first of course. For me, the Samadhi - Antrax connexion is heavy, heavy evidence. LML should not have claimed Samadhi, if you want my views. But - well, too bad.

Remarkable attempt to shut me up again, but this time, I insure you - it won't work.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:03 am

Post by MeMe »

What's wrong Leo? Or are you claiming to be the pope?
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:03 am

Post by Leonidas »

Town, could we lynch LML, pretty please? The role-claim is weak at best, and clearly an attempt to incite the town to lynch wrong. As to MeMe's reaction, it is extremely explicit.
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:04 am

Post by Leonidas »

Still posting, MeMe? Bah. Die in pain, my love.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”