Newbie 937 ~ Mafia Lite [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by KittyMo »

[1] Red Star - (Excedrin)

[1] Exilon - (skerterg)
[1] Excedrin - (Exilon)
[0] KageLord - ()
[0] skerterg - ()

[2]
Not Voting
- (KageLord, Red Star)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

uno momento

"It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense." ~ Mark Twain

Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by KageLord »

skerterg wrote:
KageLord wrote:Why keep someone alive that has an increasing chance of saving someone and removing himself and that person from suspicion (killing 3 birds with one stone)?
Sorry for quote-sniping but I feel this summarizes your whole post. Basically, if Red Star doesn't choose the same person that the mafia does, the mafia has no need of killing Red Star. In this case, for Night 2, horror's death was unexpected. I would think that a doctor would protect either me, Excedrin, or Exilon. Therefore it is very safe for the mafia to choose horror, since Red Star won't protect him. This rule applies to both RB and goon scenario: he can now use his roleblock elsewhere.

Another possible reason for keeping Red Star alive is that the scum might be someone he doesn't suspect. This is why I pointed the finger at Exilon; Red Star stated that he didn't think Exilon was scum and even protected him Night 1. Also, Exilon is mafia, he wouldn't have needed to kill me night 1; I put him as the most pro-town player.
I can see how choosing horror might seem like a safe option for scum, but I'm still suspicious of it. I mean, you were saying how it was unlikely that Red Star is scum because of the great risk in fake-claiming doc and the risk involved in not killing the doc is what's making me suspicious. Granted, the risk in the former is much greater, but I would think that the safest play for scum would be to kill the doc and the lead scumhunter. By the whole 'Doc Diaries' thing, we know that Red Star likes to do unexpected things (he mentions how he tried to trick scum (weird that you would tell them your strategy, but go figure)) to possibly throw off scum. So, there would always be the chance that he would do the most unexpected thing and protect the person he suspected, or claimed to suspect. I don't know... maybe I'm just looking at this if the scum wanted the safest route, instead of the 'greater risk, greater reward' route.

As for scum not needing to kill you if Exilon is scum, I doubt that. Sure, you might have thought he was town then, but safest play (again, maybe I'm looking at it wrong and this is big risk-taking scum) would probably be to take out the most active scumhunter. Not only does this get rid of a major threat to your later success, but since you thought he was the most pro-town, it might clear him of suspicion if we tried NK analysis.
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Excedrin »

KageLord wrote:As for scum not needing to kill you if Exilon is scum, I doubt that. Sure, you might have thought he was town then, but safest play (again, maybe I'm looking at it wrong and this is big risk-taking scum) would probably be to take out the most active scumhunter. Not only does this get rid of a major threat to your later success, but since you thought he was the most pro-town, it might clear him of suspicion if we tried NK analysis.
This doesn't work if the setup is 1 doc vs 2 goons. Hypothetically: If Exilon, KageLord or Excedrin is scum, then Red Star would be doc and killing skerterg seems prev night seems dangerous (high chance that Red Star protected him (until Red Star's 1st post this day)). hyposcumExilon might exclude skerterg due to fear of protect and pick horrordude over KageLord and Red Star because horrordude wasn't suspected as much as KageLord/Red Star previous day. Likewise, killing Excedrin would draw attention since I suspect Exilon.

I'm kinda annoyed by this kind of thinking, it's not as reliable as focusing on someone's behavior.

Are KageLord/Red Star going to vote today?
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:48 am

Post by Exilon »

Sorry I'm kinda busy and therefore won't be able to post much.
because horrordude wasn't suspected as much as KageLord/Red Star previous day
I don't think I'd kill the easier mislynch target :s
skerterg wrote: Now Exilon specifically addresses razorback and basically tries to force him to post his case, from what I feel. Also to note: razorback posts shortly afterwards that huge block of Red Star quotes. I feel he is following Exilon's instructions--actually, he is following his instructions. Whether it's because they are scum buddies or because he actually listens for a change I don't know; I suspect it's the former.
If I remember correctly, I'd been asking for an earlier postof his where had made a case against Red Star. Yes, I did ask him to be productive (several times), just like I'd ask anyone who showed signs of disinterest, like Ahoda. I wasn't really the "only" guy he listened too. I just got the feeling Razorback was kind of a lost case, really. Still, no biggie in trying to make him post. If it wasn't a newbie game, I'd probably have another kind of behaviour.
skerterg wrote: Post 20: Read the post; I feel he is trying to defend razor while still seeming like he is attacking him. He starts "Suddenly Razorback is at L1, and, well... I can't say I don't agree with it" but then states Although his past experiences (meta) show that he hasn't indeed survived past day 2 (mostly because of policy lynches, which I don't really like; since they can take away from valuable discussion and give a great excuse for scum to not discuss and just lay low)" which is basically a defense of razor. He explains in his next paragraph that he doesn't think Razorback is overdefensive. There there is a bit of an attack on Red Star.
I was very indecisive about Razorback. For reasons stated: because of his meta, his overall playstyle, and because of people ganging up on him. He seemed like a very good mislynch target and although it'd probably be for the best if he was out the game (so, a policy lynch), it wouldn't be a very productive day. Specially when there are no associative tells to get from NKills.

About me being Mainstream... hum, I don't reallly agree with that. I do tend to comment on what's hapenning, but generally I'm not really that much of a follower. If you look at the people still alive, it's pretty impossible not to share your views with other players. Most of the time, only one or two will be different from everyone else's. the problem kinda seems that I usually post after someone has done so first. IS that what you mean?
Feels like I've been here before.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:45 am

Post by Excedrin »

KittyMo, please fire off a prod for KageLord and Red Star, tia

I've been trying to wait and see if any of KageLord, Red Star or Exilon would post any sort of original analysis, but waiting isn't working.

I'm willing to lynch Exilon today. I have a town read on KageLord, skerterg is obvtown. So, my thought is, if Exilon is town then scum should be relatively obvious.

Exilon, assuming you're lynched and the game doesn't end, who's the remaining scum?
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count XXXII

[1] Red Star - (Excedrin)

[1] Exilon - (skerterg)
[1] Excedrin - (Exilon)
[0] KageLord - ()
[0] skerterg - ()

[2]
Not Voting
- (KageLord, Red Star)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

Searching for a Red Star replacement; might not find one very soon since I'm on LA. If he posts before I find one, I'll stop looking.

Prodding KageLord & skerterg.

"Fraud and falsehood only dread examination. Truth invites it." ~ Samuel Johnson

Note

I've been having trouble accessing the site the past couple of days; sorry for the lack of Vote Count. I'm also going to be on Limited Access tomorrow, so you might not see me til Sunday.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by Exilon »

I'd say you, actually. It's been my initial suspicion and now my strongest one, and I don't think and Exilon lynch would be a good way to go. I've said eariler that I have several points about you, most if not all of them have been stated (and real life, joined with a little demotivation from low activity in the thread, has kept me from summing it all up in a single post).

No one has commented on my vote of you. I'd like to have people speaking up soon on this matter.

Problem is, if you're the one who's scum, then it seems fairly obvious you can get Skerterg to follow you into lynching Kagelord if by any chance you can't lynch Red Star instead (I'm believing Red Star will be killed tonight, if he's indeed the doc, furthering your "distancing"). Right now, I don't think town can afford a mislynch (specially not mine), as it'll leave very doubtful players remaining.

If Kagelord is town, then he can be a "easy" mislynch target. (Assuming the remaining players are you and skerterg, who seem to have town reads on each other.).

If it is the three of us, instead, then we can probably go all out without fear of a mislynch. I guess that what I'm suggesting is, if we have to choose a lynch just for a lynch, then Kagelord would be the best option. First, he has the motive for killing Horror, and lynching him would clear up any doubts we have about him. Or Skerterg as he is the best town player and it clears up many "doubts", besides making Red Star a useful doc by providing unclear protection during the night - which will most likely lead to his death, clearing up that he's the doc, or, in case he doesn't get killed, we get a confirmed townie.

What I'm getting at is - Let's lynch scum instead.
tl; dr: I didn't like your suggestion for the pure fact that you only want to lynch me to thin down numbers, at least from what's readable from your post.

I'd like to know, first - what is your impression of my defense from Skerterg? You fail to mention it in your "I want activity post" or how it affects your suspicions.

Though I do agree that this thread is awfully quiet.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Exilon »

EDBWOP: s- I read your post a little too fast. My comment still stands - Red Star seems to be too much of a WIFOM weapon to make me a reliable lynch, specially since my main suspicion right now is you.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Excedrin »

I can't defend against unstated reasons. Please take the time to post them. I have no idea if I'll be able to convince you of my alignment, but at the least we can sort out misunderstandings.

This game is getting tedious. It's been dragging on so long that everyone's starting to look grey.

Maybe a Red Star replacement will help (actually, it'd be cool if he actually stuck it out and played to the end).
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Re, your defense vs skerterg's case.

Contention 1 is meh. Your defense is meh. "teaching razorback" isn't that convincing to me. There's town and scum motivation to do it. Rather null.

Contention 2 is way more interesting even if Leafsnail's post wasn't directed at Exilon.

skerterg mentioned the "Was I the only one who picked up on this and noticed Leafsnail does not even consider Razorback being town?" comment by Exilon. I think that scum often says stuff like this. It's similar to "... can never be sure, unless he/she is the cop." If someone pushes a case against town the reaction is typically "why?/you're wrong/idiot/that doesn't make sense" wheras "you can't know that I'm scum" is an extremely scummy reaction that never comes from town.

Some people who play mafia are very good at noticing small differences in behavior. They can often accurately spot scum based on what looks like an impossibly small sample size (in terms of number of posts or number of lines of text on IRC). That you can't see what someone else sees doesn't mean that it's impossible. So, yes, someone can be sure without being a (sane) cop (in a setup with no millers).

So, what is the town player's motivation to post statements like these? It could be because they're new and haven't thought about why they're making the post and/or they think mafia is a conversational kind of game, they're just sharing their thoughts in an open way.

Scum motivation to post a statement like that is very clear. Discrediting someone's opinion helps them survive.

It would be reasonable to consider post #265 and especially #295 as annoyance that his scumbuddy was just lynched.

Dismissing point 2 because Leafsnail's comment was directed at Red Star doesn't really fly since the idea (that someone was ready to vote/hammer and didn't) does apply to Exilon.

Contention 3 point and defense are kinda null. But, skerterg seems town for posting it.

I don't like how Exilon posted something about "I'm not too willing to go into nightkill analysis" and then his next post (after skerterg asks for it) is like 80% nightkill analysis.

I just noticed this while looking into skterterg and Exilon interactions:
Exilon wrote:...but assuming Red Star is fakeclaiming in a cop2maf setup, he'd still have to pretend he's the roleblocker, and then again the deaths don't make as much sense as before.
This is weird, scumslip? Why would scum have to pretend to be anything other than townie (or doctor in Red Star's case)?
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by KageLord »

Exilon wrote: Problem is, if you're the one who's scum, then it seems fairly obvious you can get Skerterg to follow you into lynching Kagelord if by any chance you can't lynch Red Star instead (I'm believing Red Star will be killed tonight, if he's indeed the doc, furthering your "distancing"). Right now, I don't think town can afford a mislynch (specially not mine), as it'll leave very doubtful players remaining.

If Kagelord is town, then he can be a "easy" mislynch target. (Assuming the remaining players are you and skerterg, who seem to have town reads on each other.).

If it is the three of us, instead, then we can probably go all out without fear of a mislynch. I guess that what I'm suggesting is, if we have to choose a lynch just for a lynch, then Kagelord would be the best option. First, he has the motive for killing Horror, and lynching him would clear up any doubts we have about him. Or Skerterg as he is the best town player and it clears up many "doubts", besides making Red Star a useful doc by providing unclear protection during the night - which will most likely lead to his death, clearing up that he's the doc, or, in case he doesn't get killed, we get a confirmed townie.

What I'm getting at is - Let's lynch scum instead.
tl; dr: I didn't like your suggestion for the pure fact that you only want to lynch me to thin down numbers, at least from what's readable from your post.
Just a few things in this post that I wanted to have clarified:

1. What makes you think that with skerterg, Excedrin, and yourself, there will be no fear of a mislynch?

2. You acknowledge skerterg as the best town player but suggest him as a possible alternative "lynch just for a lynch"?

On this point, I kind of have some doubt that I hadn't voiced before. While I agree that skerterg seems to be playing the best town here... I just keep thinking in the back of my head about what if skert is the scum. I'll ISO him later to see if I see any seemingly scum tells, though I doubt I will find many credible ones. Just to be clear, I'm not recommending a skert lynch or anything like that, but I just want to make sure it's not completely disregarded as a possibility. Up till now, skert has cast suspicion (and seemed rather confident) on many many people. In the first lynch (which turned out to be correct), he was voting horror instead of razor. After that, he has switched around in his lead suspect many times. Now, obviously, this could just be the mark of an open-minded scumhunter. I just keep thinking... wouldn't skert's play be a brilliant scum strategy?

3. I know you must have stated them earlier, but I have forgotten in this long lull what exactly my motivation for killing horror would supposedly be. I mean, as opposed to any of the other major suspects from Day 2. And can you clarify what doubts you have about me so that I may address them? The only major one that I can recall was about kelikar possibly trying to help razor, which, as it turns out, is not the best thing to look at when trying to catch scum.
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
Damien777
Damien777
Townie
Damien777
Townie
Townie

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by Damien777 »

Hi everybody.

I'm here to take the place of Red Star. Right now, I'm reading up. Expect a post soonish.

~~Damien~~
On a cold winter morning in a time before the light,
In flames of death's eternal reign we ride towards the fight!
-Dragonforce, Through the Fire and Flames.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Yeah, Damien777 replaces Red Star.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Welcome Damien777. This is going to be weird, you're replacing a scummy "doctor", but now you won't have any idea (beyond what Red Star posted) for justifying your protection targets. I would have liked to know why Red Star protected someone who he started the day off suspecting, but oh well.

Unvote

I'm really looking forward to a fresh perspective in this game, it's getting frustrating.
Damien777
Damien777
Townie
Damien777
Townie
Townie

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by Damien777 »

Okay, here I go...

As soon as I posted post 511, I went back to page one and started reading, looking for clues. I specifically looked for anyone either:
A) Bussing with Razor, as in EXTREMELY.
B) Defending Razor.
or
C) Trying to pretend Razor didn't exist.

I found these posts:

1. Post 65, by Exilon.. Exilon defends Razor from a couple other townies. Nothing major, but everything is worth considering.

2. Post 146, by Skerterg. This is something I can work off of. I don't like Skerterg's use of the word 'maybe', as if he is trying to deflect blame of Razor without drawing attention to himself. He also uses 'may seem', as if Skerterg has inside information on Razor. Skerterg also tries to avoid talking about Razor in-depth. Pretty major, I say. For reference:
Verdict:
I don't really have much to say on razor.
He
may seem
defensive, but
maybe
he is just very cautious.
Maybe this
is his playstyle.
3. Post 183, once more by Skerterg. Now this is interesting. Skerterg mentions in his 5th paragraph that 'I try to convince myself that Razorback is NOT Mafia.' Why would Skerterg say this? It seems to be an attempt to give people the impression, 'Oh, I don't know, ignore my views on this guy' He also gives minimal information on Razor in all his posts. Can't think of anything? Maybe. Trying to avoid mentioning Razor? Maybe.
In his paragraph 9, he seems to not care if Razorback was/is Mafia. He also attempts to simply state his conclusions on Razor, not even trying to scumhunt. :? Weird all around.
Then, to further it, in paragraph 12, Skert attempts to 'teach' Razor something, while with his other 'To Kelikar' post, it is about a different topic and a with a different voice. I see this as an attempt to tell Razor, 'Mate, be quiet, they're suspecting you, and probably me!"
And on his closing paragraph, Skert attempts to gloss over his suspicions on Razor. Hmmm....

4. Post 199, by Skerterg again. Skert goes on the defensive instantly. He attempts to make Horror rescind his -L1 vote on Razor, for the same reason Horror did the same to pop. However, when Pop -L1'ed, Skert had no reaction. :S

5. Post 204, by Exilon. Exilon's returning post, he hops to Razor's defense. But he did these with others, some maybe it's part of his meta. I couldn't pick up any scum reads on this post. Exilon made sure that he appeared against Razor, while also managing to keep a image of not lynching Razor in the air. No specific reads, only the spirit could be called a tell. :S

6. Post 208 by.... Skerterg! Now, here's another goldmine.
To start, Skert makes sure to keep suspicion on Razor, but not in front, as to create a false image. This is evidenced by the ranking list in this post.
Next, in paragraph 9, Skert attempts to make the Razor incident into some kind of RVS bandwagon. He makes sure to lay down some suspicion of the Mafia on the Razor bandwagon, which he is not a part of.
After that, Skert switches to 2nd person again, trying to 'teach' Razor to not reveal himself- or maybe themselves?
Here's a less noticeble one- or two, rather: First, Skert attempts to fill the mind with other accusations, pushing Razor out of it. Then, Skert tries to start another bandwagon, while he seems to push blame away from Razor and onto his attackers. This post is a goldmine, as I said.
And at last, Razor is not listed on any of Skert's 'probable scumteams' list. On to the next.

[Minor post by Exilon here that effectively changes him from this: Razor Lynch=Razor Not Lynched, to Razor Lynch>Razor Not Lynched.]

7. Post 223, by Skerterg again. Euerka!
The only thing that is about Razor are the last three paragraphs. In them, Skert manages to distance himself from Razor, and start the hunt to find Mafia... other then Razor. Argh. Also, Skert seems to be too confident in his answers. 'If' is used more then 'Possibly', and I barely see any 'Here's a theory...'s' from him. Next!

8. Post 264, by Skert.
Blaming it on Star to distract from Razor, I guess.
In this 'Scummiest' list, it lists this:
"Razorback: Not helpful to the town
but
his style makes him suspect." The 'But' takes away some of the bite behind the statement, and why would Skert use 'but' to connect to related issues that are both facts supporting Razor's liklieness to be Mafia?

With that, I think I can safely do this....

Unvote.
Vote: Skertgert.

See ya guys, I'll be on tommorow. It's 1:46. >.<[/url]
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by Excedrin »

I think you meant Post 233 not 223.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Post by Exilon »

Excedrin wrote: skerterg mentioned the "Was I the only one who picked up on this and noticed Leafsnail does not even consider Razorback being town?" comment by Exilon. I think that scum often says stuff like this. It's similar to "... can never be sure, unless he/she is the cop." If someone pushes a case against town the reaction is typically "why?/you're wrong/idiot/that doesn't make sense" wheras "you can't know that I'm scum" is an extremely scummy reaction that never comes from town.
I agree with the part that the "you can't know I'm scum", on his own, gives a very bad vibe, but it's a normal answer I'd expect to hear from someone who's been accused of being "definite scum", for example, when the arguments supporting that are not enough.
Kagelord wrote: 1. What makes you think that with skerterg, Excedrin, and yourself, there will be no fear of a mislynch?

2. You acknowledge skerterg as the best town player but suggest him as a possible alternative "lynch just for a lynch"?
1. We go all out with theories without fear that scum is actually someone who's sitting a little back on the corner "unnoticed" because he can be an "easy" target for a mislynch.

2. That part of the post was a little "irony" (albeit a serious one). I wanted to show how "lynch for a lynch" would be a bad idea, and why.

What I'm saying is, it all depends according to the context. If I recall correctly, Leafsnail didn't even give Razor the benefit of the doubt, which is why I commented like that. It's also not the first time I defend using the argument "How can you be so sure?"

I'll get back to you all soon , and excedrin, I'll probably have that post (complete with links and everything =D) by tomorrow or Monday.

Also, great post by Damien. Welcome! =D
Quick question: Didn't you see any instances of Kelikar teaching Razorback as well, as Skerterg pointed in his Day 2 case? what is your opinion on them?
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:15 pm

Post by Exilon »

EDBWOP: "What I'm saying is .... How can you be so sure"? paragraph was supposed to be before the kagelord's quote. Sorry, I'm in some hurry ^^;
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:30 am

Post by Exilon »

excedrin wrote:
Exilon wrote:...but assuming Red Star is fakeclaiming in a cop2maf setup, he'd still have to pretend he's the roleblocker, and then again the deaths don't make as much sense as before.
This is weird, scumslip? Why would scum have to pretend to be anything other than townie (or doctor in Red Star's case)?
Assuming Red Star is fakeclaiming doc in that setup, that means the reamining scum has to be the roleblocker. Which means, if he's scum fakeclaiming doc, during the night he has to act like he's the roleblocker when in fact he isn't.
Damien777
Damien777
Townie
Damien777
Townie
Townie

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:15 am

Post by Damien777 »

@Exilon: I never really noticed Kelikar/Kage Lord attempting to 'teach' Razor, but I did see some minor defending. No one took any notice of it so I skipped over it a little, because I saw a lot of Pro-town posts by Kelikar. It still doesn't compete with Skerterg's scumminess.

Here's my views on everyone, from Scummmiest to Cleanest. (Not including myself, of course):

Skerterg: He seems to be guilty of ignoring, defending, AND bussing Razor, who was confirmed scum.

Kage Lord/Kelikar: As pointed out, the former has been defending Razor, and tried to ignore that fact when Razor flipped scum. However, in Kage's most recent post, I found a paragraph that struck my Scumdar.
3. I know you must have stated them earlier, but I have forgotten in this long lull what exactly my motivation for killing horror would supposedly be. I mean, as opposed to any of the other major suspects from Day 2. And can you clarify what doubts you have about me so that I may address them? The only major one that I can recall was about kelikar possibly trying to help razor, which, as it turns out, is not the best thing to look at when trying to catch scum.
In this, he seems to be admitting partial blame for the most recent death. He also deflects some suspicion from him onto the other 'major suspects from Day 2.' He also is guilty of Furbishing; I realize that this is only used in my RL games, so I'll explain.
Furbishing: Asking for a review of all the points against them in a game of Mafia. Gives time to build an argument, and true town wouldn't have to ask this. Scummy.
Exilon: Really Pro-Town, lots of useful posts. Nothing scummy here, or maybe he's just a really, good actor.

Excedrin: He's the cleanest because of his replacee's inactivity. Normally, with scum, you'd replace them really quickly, so as to not disadvantage their scumbuddy.

That's it for now.

People who suspected Red Star, can you lay the concerns about him out for me, so I can respond to the best of my ability?[/quote]
Damien777
Damien777
Townie
Damien777
Townie
Townie

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:17 am

Post by Damien777 »

EBWOP: Votecount, please?
Damien777
Damien777
Townie
Damien777
Townie
Townie

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:44 am

Post by Damien777 »

Triple Post!
skerterg wrote:Alright, I was in the process of writing a post analyzing possible ways of forcing a win when I realized that it would be best for cop (if there is one) to claim now and share results regardless of what he had. If he waits until next time, then there is no point, because it would be lylo and we cannot trust him. So, any information we have would be best of use now. Assuming that Red Star is confirmed doc, if the cop investigated two people then we have a forced win (detailed below). Otherwise, it becomes more difficult. I'll post my actual analysis on players, etc. later.
I just found this post by Skerterg. It seems as if Skert wants the Cop to claim so the Mafia can just kill him, rendering one of the most powerful Power-Roles useless. It also seems that Skert tries to keep that thought in the reader's mind, instead of posting his analysis and filling the mind with speculation.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Excedrin »

There's a few other posts where skerterg (and others) suggest they think there might be a cop. Scum knows if there is or isn't a cop. So, your opinion is that these cop related posts are just misdirection, right?

See #313 for an example.
Damien777
Damien777
Townie
Damien777
Townie
Townie

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Damien777 »

No, my opinion is that those posts are to draw out the cop, so the Mafia can NK him/her.

And no, scum don't know if there's a cop in F11. Even if they have a Roleblocker, there's two setups that use Roleblockers. As in:
1 Mafia Goon,
1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop
, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
1 Mafia Goon,
1 Mafia Roleblocker
, 7 Townies.
Now I have a puzzle. Apparently, Red Star fakeclaimed. I am a supporter of Lynch All Liars, but I can't be held responsible for Red Star's actions.

ROLECLAIM: Vanilla Townie.
Nothing special here, folks.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Excedrin »

rofl :lol:

So, I wrote a big post but I'm going to wait. I'll post it later. (I wish it was "legal" rules wise to post encrypted text, then post the key later (would be useful for breadcrumbs and stuff like this where I want to see other people's reactions first, but I'd be able to prove that I actually wrote it and didn't change anything...)).

Exilon, I think it's reasonable to give up on posting your case against me, at least for the short term. If you'd like to summarize briefly, I might respond to it, but there's so much more interesting things going on.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”