Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:02 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

Yeah, I totally lied about Someone posting the vacation thread. That was in June or something.
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:07 am

Post by Leonidas »

MeMe wrote:Again -- if it's "not surprising" then why would you insist that we've got to have an alignment cop for it to be fair? You cannot have this both ways. Alignment cop = unnecessary if the scum group is obvious.
I beg to differ... It's obvious
now
, based on your
behavior
. I must say you were able to shut me up for a long time. Also, I really was ready to buy Jeep as pro-town - as the innocent host of JeepCon.

Not any more.

Talking about balance: town only had two cops (1 rnf + 1 cop), pretty standard in a DP game, especially given the fact that mafia had its own spy.

And IS as cop was not obvious. I was about to lynch him before I remembered his famous title: Paragon of Mafia Hunters.

Add to that the fact that scums could pick almost any single player name for a claim, and also the fact that the cop only detects mafia / non-mafia (ie, doesn't detect SK), and you get a somewhat balanced game.

Let's see.
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:09 am

Post by MeMe »

CA -- I hope that was meant to be humorous, but it's pretty hard to see the humor in anything right now.

Just to make sure you know: I wasn't saying you were lying -- I didn't even check up on your claim about Someone posting in V/LA because I believe that everything you post is from the perspective of an innocent, not from the perspective of someone trying to misrepresent. Regardless, though, we do need him or a replacement here.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:28 am

Post by MeMe »

Keep in mind that if inHim's scum (and it's looking like there's a damn fine chance of that given Leo's sudden desire to have him use his save as long as it's on me or Lee), the game is
definitely
lost with a wrong lynch if Lee's the one who dies. Vote inHim if you're honestly convinced it's Lee/me/inHim. Put your money where your mouths are.

Reasons scum might
not
choose to vote inHim?
--He's scum with them
--He's town, but Lee's the person who has to go
today
since inHim can't hurt them
tonight

Golly Moses. I feel like a broken record. Lee has the only claimed ability that can stop scum tonight. If he's town, scum WANT TO LYNCH HIM MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE. Why oh why isn't this obvious to anyone other than me? I thought that CA understood the logic here, at least that's what I thought from the "gotcha" -- but now he's also agreeing to a Lee lynch. What the
hell
?!
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:40 am

Okay, so we lynch you, MeMe. Leo wanted to do this before. It was I who insisted on Lee. If we're wrong about you, MeMe, then all your hopes rest in Lee.

I guess it is the better play... but I don't think it really matters.

Sorry about the Someone thing.
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:42 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

DP, can I have a votecount, please?
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:50 am

Post by MeMe »

Well, actually, Leo wanted to lynch Lee -- which has been a big piece of "Leo's scum" pie. He only switched to me after I kept punching the point that going after Lee when Leo claims that one choice (Lee/Me) is as good as the other didn't make sense for town. He then switched back to Lee
as soon as you suggested it
. I mean, come on. He
never
preferred to lynch me -- he just couldn't justify choosing keeping his vote on Lee until you gave him new hope.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:34 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I should never have said that I would save anyone Today - if there are 3 scum left, this gives them a huge advantage. And I'm not backing down from my claim. It's just that, looking into it, Yesterday was the optimal time for me to save, and everyone floundered on the issue.

You're right, Leo, there's no reason to swear. It's just that I can't stand anything more than when I'm telling the truth and no one believes me. I posted out of influence and emotion yesterday (it wasn't the greatest of days for me), and not out of reason. I'm sure no one will let me forget my previous ultimatum - voting no one but tss - but I've had a night's sleep to let my head cool. We need to lynch scum Today (which I think is tss), and regain a ratio to one where I can prove myself safely. I can't dismiss what I posted yesterday, but I do wish that I hadn't been so matter-of-fact, because I know wanting to retract any of that smells of scum, scum, scum. But, to everyone - we need to nail scum Today, and most likely Tomorrow. Let me go see about my vote - I hope you all won't mind that I'll stop acting stupid and will place a vote.

And to add, I welcome someone showing me by the numbers that it'd be good to save. My main argument is that if I did save today, I'd probably be killed tonight, and the town would be in a worse situation.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:51 am

Even number means that you usually no lynch. If someone wants to dispute that, we should be lynching that person. If you can really cause a no lynch, now is the time to do it. Please use your ability so we can lynch MeMe. Hooray!
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:53 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I guess... but there's likely
scum left. Are you sure? I'll carry through.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:55 am

That's the one thing I am sure of.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:04 am

Post by MeMe »

inHim -- if you can save, you should
definitely
do it today.

CA -- you didn't reply to my last post. Do you see that your comment "Leo wanted to do this before. I was the one who insisted on Lee" is
not
the full story?
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:22 am

Post by Nox »

Firstly, MeMe, this:
MeMe wrote:It's Leo and Nox and, lately, inHim who've said "no" -- to saving me and Lee! Your reversals are getting more and more difficult to keep up with.
I was indifferent, don't you recall?

Here's where I stand:
  • :arrow: I like CA's statement that implies that either tss or LmL is scum.

:arrow: I think it is LmL out of the two, who is scum because...

:arrow: I believe tss to be a sane cop.

:arrow: However, since LmL is claiming roleblocker, my vote remains on MeMe.

:arrow: The reason I had voted LmL earlier instead of MeMe was because I was unsure of her alignment.

:arrow: I have strong feelings that jeep could be the Godfather.

:arrow: I think MeMe is scum, and that she could very well be a Mafia Spy, as was said earlier.

:arrow: I want Someone prodded, or replaced.

:arrow: People I think of as most innocent, in order: Myself, CA, tss, Leo, Someone, inhim, LmL/MeMe.

:arrow: Since I don't really believe he can save a lynch, I'm indifferent to whether inhim saves or not. I think that the mod would have told him whether another lynch could go through, which he does not know and has not asked yet :roll: .

I think that sums is up.
Nocturne is, most obviously, NOT sleeping.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:29 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I think that the mod would have told him whether another lynch could go through, which he does not know and has not asked yet
I asked when you wanted me too, but DP is away right now. I've seen the role in other games, and based upon that, and the fact that the role sounds almost the same as them, then I assumed no lynch would occur.
Show

:

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:00 am

Post by MeMe »

Nox wrote:Firstly, MeMe, this:
MeMe wrote:It's Leo and Nox and, lately, inHim who've said "no" -- to saving me and Lee! Your reversals are getting more and more difficult to keep up with.
I was indifferent, don't you recall?
I do recall. For me, though, when I was pushing for inHim to prove his ability today and you were saying that you don't care whether he saves felt
against
my position. Regardless, I stand corrected.

And everyone please recall that earlier Leo told inHim not to save me because "you can block tomorrow -- there is still time" and inHim's response was "of course." Now Leo tells inHim
to
save me and he's wavering.
Really
, folks! This is looking more and more like two scum talking -- inHim slipped up in familiarity with Leo telling him not to save ("of course -- because we both know I can't!") and now is confused by Leo telling him
to
save me and is trying to hedge around. inHim -- don't worry too much. If you don't save me, odds are that you'll win the game tonight.

CA -- you said earlier that all of my hopes rest in Lee if I die. Yours too.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:44 pm

You fought the good fight, MeMe. Whether you're scum or not.
vote: MeMe
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:02 pm

Post by MeMe »

I feel like I'm all talked out...I keep saying the same things over and over again and I simply can't be
lieve
that you're choosing to believe Leo over me.

Is it worth me continuing my attempts to convince you or is that your final vote of the day? This has been truly exhausting -- I've put my heart into this game and I admit to being extremely disappointed that I'm being lynched despite my innocence, not to mention my willingness to respond to every allegation against me. I'll keep it up if there's any chance it would help, CA. If there's not, please just tell me so that I can stop beating my head against the wall. I mean, if you're sure you're not going to change your mind I'll just wait for tss & Someone/replacement to get here to see if they have any questions for me.

I did have one question for you (well two -- but since you've twice declined to respond to my pointing out that Leo HAS WANTED TO LYNCH THE CLAIMED BLOCKER ALL ALONG, I'm guessing that you don't want to think about that): what did you mean by "that's the one thing I'm sure of" when you responded to inHim's question about scum numbers and "whether you're scum or not" in your last post? I mean with the obvious doubt you've got (and it's well-founded) why aren't you waiting for tss's comments on this new direction and for Someone/replacement to get here? Leo's been talking a mile a minute against me and, as you've said, they only need ONE CORRECT LYNCH. Please don't make this error. At least hear all perspectives. According to Leo -- who you're following -- neither of those players are scum, so this should be a request with which you have
no problem
complying.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:39 pm

Please stop banging your head against the wall. The thing that I am sure of is that inHim should try using his ability. You want me to unvote until Someone/replacement gets back? Sounds just fine. My mind's pretty made up, though.
unvote: MeMe
. I'm pretty fine waiting for now.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:20 pm

Post by MeMe »

I appreciate you letting me know. It's kind of a relief.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:55 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

I think having inHim use his power will mean one of two things: 1. he's town, 2. he's a GF with a one-shot ability. In other words, about what we know now. I'm confident enough in the scumminess of MeMe and Lee that I don't see a huge amount of gain in it; I am happy lynching either of you, and whichever of you two we lynch, if the lynch fails we should probably lynch the same person tomorrow.
For the record, it's still possible that Commodore Amazing is the third scum (his special was a one-shot extra kill, which is easier to balance against than a lynch blocker), although inHim's refusal to vote MeMe
when her death is entirely in his hands
is indeed very suspicious -- provided he
doesn't
have that ability, which (even if he *is* scum) is up in the air. MeMe appears to have one; Lee appears to not, or at any rate he lied about its application.
Also note, he has avoided the question of exactly when he used his power and on whom, except for claiming to have used it on me night 2. Come on, Lee, just cook up a lie already; it'll be in keeping with everything else you've said today.
I want to hear Lee's answer to this. He said he blocked me night 2 and implied that he blocked me another time or times, but he has never given his night choices straight out. This is
stupefyingly
scummy play on his part and there is no reason I can conceive of for a pro-town player to hide his night actions, and reasons for them, from the town at this point.

I also want to hear inHim tell us what the mod said in response to the questions he damn well should have already asked. That, and a vote count, and a replacement for Someone.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:58 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

I asked when you wanted me too, but DP is away right now.
Ooops. Cancel my demand for answers from inHim. Anyway, we're not going anywhere until DP gets back, so when you do hear from him, just let us know.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:10 pm

Post by Leonidas »

vote: MeMe
- and I'll stick to her.

And I reiterate: inHim, since your word is so good, please save scum MeMe in distress.
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:14 am

Post by MeMe »

Ah -- kicking me when I'm down. Love that!
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:57 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Vote count, five to evict someone:

MeMe 2 (Nox, Leonidas)
No lynch 1 (LoudmouthLee)
LoudmouthLee 1 (the silent speaker)
Leonidas 1 (MeMe)

Not voting: Someone, Commodore Amazing, inHimshallibe

Someone has been prodded and will be replaced if he does not show up within 24 hours.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:36 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

OK, so it just goes through as a no lynch, and the second majority is
not
lynched.
Show

:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”