Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:02 am

Post by Nox »

I have one thing to say to MeMe:

LmL claimed to be a blocker. Some of us found him to be highly scummy and voted him.

tss, him, claimed cop. You, along with a few others found that to be scummy, thus you voted him.

Now, you say that its scummy that we voted LmL, because you though LmL's claimed role to be the only one useful agaisnt scum. However, you're voting tss, who's claimed cop. The only so-called proof that you have against him is that he has mafia results on you. That doesn't confirm anything to us, therefore, you cannot expect us to believe you over him. I don't see how us having voted LmL, who's claimed roleblocker; is any scummier than you having voted tss, who has claimed COP.

I'll call Someone, and see if I can get him to get his ass on here ASAP.
Nocturne is, most obviously, NOT sleeping.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:10 am

Post by MeMe »

Nox - I don't know how I can make my point of view any more clear, but I'll give it a try.

It's the fact that those of you who were voting for Lee did so even while claiming to find me
equally
scummy that's the problem. If you think I'm just as likely to be scum as Lee is, it boggles my mind that you chose to vote the one claiming blocker. I don't want to die, but I think it's crystal-clear that town should take the careful route when faced with people who are equally scummy. Since you all wouldn't back off Lee even after I'd explained that point time after time, that makes me extremely unwilling to trust that you're town. Get it straight, my point was
never
"lynch me instead of Lee!" It was "if you're town who believes tss to be sane, you should WANT to lynch me instead of Lee!"

Regarding my vote for the silent speaker -- remember the whole story, please. I
know
that tss's claimed results aren't always accurate, which might mean he's scum. I also recommended that inHim -- who tss got as innocent -- block the lynch on tss. It seemed logical to me that if anyone fully trusts tss to be sane, they should trust inHim to be innocent. If tss died, he'd be scum and inHim would be exposed as well. If he didn't, inHim would be confirmed innocent. Since I know that, if tss is town he's NOT sane, it's a foolproof plan from my point of view.

Also something to consider, Leonidas says that tss is known to be sane because of his result on Nanook -- but conveniently leaves out the fact that tss didn't GIVE that result until after Nanook was dead...so how in the WORLD does that prove sanity? At this point, tss is lower on my list of suspects that Leonidas inHim and you -- so I think it's possible he's telling the truth about his results and that they're wrong. But saying "we know he's sane" because of results on a dead guy given after the guy died wouldn't stand up in a elementary school debate.

And Nox -- I don't think you're allowed to call Someone. That's called communicating outside of the game thread (modkill territory) -- and you should definitely clear it with DP first, especially if you're town.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:19 am

Post by MeMe »

Oh -- I didn't exactly answer your question, I see.

It's scummier to vote a blocker than a cop at this point in the game because cop, even if sane, can't do anything to stop scum overnight. A live blocker, doctor, or vigilante
can

Which is exactly why you should've wanted to vote me, claimed cop (who actually IS proven accurate), over Lee, claimed blocker. Clear now?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:39 am

Post by MeMe »

Hey -- you know there's something else I just thought of regarding tss's sanity.

You all say that Lee & I are scum because tss got us guilty and that inHim's the godfather with investigation protection because tss got him innocent.

But
PeaceBringer
investigated inHim too...and his visions made it pretty clear that inHim's jeep (which inHim confirmed). If inHim were protected from investigations, how could PeaceBringer get such an accurate read on him? It would seem rather crippling if inHim were a godfather expecting to be able to claim whatever role he wanted to without fear of an investigation discrediting him.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:16 pm

Post by Nox »

Peacebringer's visions were incredibly vague.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:38 pm

Post by MeMe »

PeaceBringer wrote:fine I will give out what I saw-sorry mike if this gives out to much cause I really have no clue on interpretation.

I start off by seeing colors
green, yellow, white, and blue

The next images is crosses, then distorted crosses.

The I start hearing sounds, song fragments then
peanuts- very fine

then i see a man who talks to people, greets people, and is smiling.

Last thin I get is a smell of diesel fumes and then the acid trip is over.

Like I said, doesn't come off as evil but the rest of it I have no clue.
Crosses, distorted crosses (avatar). Peanuts - very fine (unclear until CA uncovered their meaning). Greets people (host of jeepfest). Diesel fumes (gasoline for a jeep).
PeaceBringer wrote:I did in fact take a trip last night. I was waiting a bit to get a feel on who to vote. I will again
vote Nanook

I tripped on Nox-

here is what I saw

first of all was sparkles of electricty

then vast ranges of snow then ice

next is an apparently large translucent animal who apparently was strutting

I here rock music at first distorted but I eventually recognize it as U2, the song is I will follow and I started humming along.
The last thing is a human shape which is just sitting still.

Apparently Nox claimed Townie- I have no idea how to intepret this stuff
And yours was good enough to make CA consider you confirmed.

How can you call them "incredibly vague"?
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:00 pm

Post by Nox »

It was vague regarding jeep's alignment.

It was indeed an accurate read on jeep, but it didn't, like you said, discredit him. There was no indication of a mafia alignment. He could still be pro-town, or the godfather.

In his vision of me, there was a symbol representing my role/night actions: The man just standing still. (vanilla townie)

In jeep's vision, there is a man greeting people. It does not discredit anyone, nor does it give anything away. It looks like a man who appears to be good. Yet, as you said, godfathers appear innocent when investigated, right?

I'm not saying that I'm convinced that inhim/jeep is the Godfather: I'm just saying that it would be likely.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:05 pm

Post by MeMe »

Nox -- I didn't say the vision
did
discredit anyone. I said that an investigation-proof godfather shouldn't have
fear
of the possibility of an investigator discrediting him. See, the fact that PeaceBringer got an accurate read on inHim's role name makes me doubt that inHim could be an investigation-proof godfather as those types of godfathers should have a reasonable assumption that they can claim whoever and whatever they want to without fear that an investigation could catch him out.

I
agree
with you that it shows nothing about alignment -- but if inHim actually
is
jeep, he doesn't seem to be investigation-proof.

Here's an example to make it more clear:
--Say that inHim is jeep, investigation-proof godfather.
--He gets in a tight spot and claims to be Nox with the nightly ability to light a white candle at his altar to keep danger from a person of his choice
--PeaceBringer takes a trip that totally negates that claim

Again, just something I thought of -- but it makes perfect sense to me. But, of
course
it would, right!? I know that at least one of tss's investigations isn't accurate and I think I've uncovered some evidence that
another
one doesn't fit in with the reigning theory (that of me & Lee are scum and jeep is our godfather). As much relief as I felt yesterday at the burden of trying to be heard being lifted off me, I just can't seem to shrug it off! I think I'm genetically wired to never give up.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:07 pm

Post by MeMe »

And I fully apologize if the white candle thing has nothing to do with Wicca -- my only "knowledge" comes from movies like The Craft.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:44 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Nox wrote:I'll call Someone, and see if I can get him to get his ass on here ASAP.
Like MeMe said, please don't. This is getting on a slippery slope with respect to the rules. I have a volunteer to take over from Someone, so if he was not able or could not be bothered to check scum for the last week, the game can go on.
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:08 pm

Post by Leonidas »

At the end of this game, MeMe will get a certain number of awards.

List of awards includes (but is not necessarily limited to):

1) - Best scum strategy

I suspect she's the one with the plan, and this one definitely gets an A+ at least. This is a great vintage of MeMe scum play, you don't get a bottle of that every day - it's like drinking Chateau Petrus 1989.

2) - Grace under fire

While her fellow scums are relatively quiet now - especially LML,
(the guy who
dared
to claim Samadhi - part-time blocker, in this setup, when Antrax was proven to be a scum role, and the role-blocker was dead)
, MeMe is still trying to resist the angry mob, and still gets a shot at confusing the town. And under the circumstances, her posts are arguably the best she could produce.

What can I say. I hope you understand why her neurons have captured my imagination. ;)
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:12 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Vote count, five to evict someone:

MeMe 2 (Nox, Leonidas)
No lynch 1 (LoudmouthLee)
LoudmouthLee 1 (the silent speaker)
Leonidas 1 (MeMe)

Not voting: Someone, Commodore Amazing, inHimshallibe

Someone has been prodded and will be replaced if he does not show up within 12 hours.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:02 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Well then... think about it Leo...
While her fellow scums are relatively quiet now - especially LML, (the guy who dared to claim Samadhi - part-time blocker, in this setup, when Antrax was proven to be a scum role, and the role-blocker was dead),
Let's tackle this 1 at a time... If I would have been posting ANYWHERE else.. (and I haven't been), you would have a legit gripe. However, life gets in the way, especially when the school year is in full throttle.

Next, you claim that I have some sort of audacity of claiming my role. With roles like "Polarboy" out there, I could have VERY easily claimed ANYONE as a Townie.

I won't talk about how Werebear doesn't seem like a likely townie. It really doesn't matter. I'll re-read and continue with any analysis.

But, for now..
Unvote: No Lynch and Vote: Leonidas
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:10 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

d8P replaces Someone effective immediately. Role and night actions if appropriate have been sent.
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:11 am

Post by Nox »

Just a clarification, DP and others: There will be Out of game communication between Someone and I, he's in my classes and we hang out with eachother regulary XD.

Of course, there is no discussion game-wise, but you get my drift.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:16 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

It seemed logical to me that if anyone fully trusts tss to be sane, they should trust inHim to be innocent. If tss died, he'd be scum and inHim would be exposed as well.
Not if inHim is the godfather. Which I am not sold on 100%, as I have said, but I'm also unwilling to stake my life on
not
being so.

LEE HAS STILL NOT GIVEN RESULTS. This should dispel doubt in any town's mind that he is lying about having results to give.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:28 pm

Post by MeMe »

the silent speaker wrote:
It seemed logical to me that if anyone fully trusts tss to be sane, they should trust inHim to be innocent. If tss died, he'd be scum and inHim would be exposed as well.
Not if inHim is the godfather. Which I am not sold on 100%, as I have said, but I'm also unwilling to stake my life on
not
being so.
Right -- and I put it in the past tense because, at the time, I wasn't considering godfather possibility -- just your declaration that Nanook & inHim are on the same side and I'm on the opposite side.
tss wrote:LEE HAS STILL NOT GIVEN RESULTS. This should dispel doubt in any town's mind that he is lying about having results to give.
Certainly looking that way.
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:55 pm

Post by Leonidas »

Tss - Lee has pushed for a no lynch today.

That alone should be more than enough, since the Town's best interest is either
- to lynch scum, of course, or
- to have inHim prove his ability - which results in no lynch too if inHim is town, but also clears inHim and therefore yields more information.

As to MeMe, well - she's guilty of the capital crime of any great mafia player.

:arrow:
I really don't know why...
:P
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:58 pm

Post by Leonidas »

I also like this one, of course:
MeMe wrote:Tss didn't GIVE that result until after Nanook was dead...so how in the WORLD does that prove sanity?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:02 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I hope everyone else is noting that tss is seemingly refusing to vote for MeMe.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:21 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

WTF? I can't vote *both* Lee and MeMe. We haven't come to consensus that I've seen over which one dangles today, we're not doing anything until d8p chimes in... and for that matter, you yourself said, "I just can't do it," regarding voting MeMe, so you have no room to complain about which scum my vote is sitting on.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:12 pm

Post by MeMe »

<----- not "scum"

:(
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:55 pm

Post by Leonidas »

(in spite of all the reverse logic, MeMe?) :D
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:26 pm

Post by Leonidas »

(And of all the lies and mis-representations?)

inHim, when you said that Tss was not voting for MeMe, did you consider the fact that - technically - neither were you? Even after agreeing with me that she was scum?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:03 am

Post by MeMe »

Leonidas, reverse logic and misrepresentation (and lurking and ridiculous mindchanging and general jerkiness) are
your
domains. I'm doing the best I can with the hand I've been dealt and have been in the fight the
entire game
-- not just becoming rabid when a win is in sight. I wish that EVERYONE would mark that you only got interested in talking once you'd had the good fortune to have been declared "innocent" by tss, which is the
only
reason I can see for everyone deciding to ignore/forgive your behavior.

Everyone, please consider the game without tss's claimed results. Who would
you
believe to be guilty? Are my posts logical or "reverse" logical? Consider what
you'd
do if called guilty when innocent -- and see if my posts fit that. Now consider, out of all of the players you know, whether you believe Internet Stranger to be adept at hunting scum. That "Paragon of Mafia Hunters" title is self-given, I believe, and has more than a little bit of bravado and irony in it. Any who've played with him know that he pretends to be sure of himself even when he's
dead wrong

DP -- can we get a prod on d8P? I'd appreciate at least a checking in post.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”