Mad World: Time Travel Mafia (Game Over)

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:24 am

Post by Seraphim »

youngminii wrote:People dislike double standards because it's very similar to lying. Why do you think double standards are okay, Seraphim?
The hell...I never said they were okay. I said that in the paticular context of the situation, it wasn't a scumtell. I was pushing the wagon for
A. reactions
B. teh lulz

Nice misrep though. I got some nice reactions too, some of them from town, some of them from scum.

Like TheLonging, who is still scum.

Let's start with my defense of CKD. I'm going to let him defend himself but the effort trying to get CKD lynched is wasted ATM because I'm nearly positive that he's town. If you want links, go find them yourself. It's been a while, the game I was/is with him recently is currently ongoing, the rest were in the days of yesteryear and probably in the archieve. All I know is that CKD is angry...and angry CKD is generally town CKD until proven otherwise.

Alright, now for theLonging. I read your response, and I find you scummy for completely different reasons. If you want to play the sarcasm game, go ahead. It just gets me angrier.

Let's start this up, then. First of all, you seem to use a lot of personal attacks when defending yourself. This is a very clever tactic to attempt to downplay your attackers' "cred" when facing you.

Examples:
Alright, if you say so Master Overlord
How about this, find reasons for you finding me scum, then it won't be as sheepy as this shows.
I agree, especially since Sera has convinced himself he never needs to think about anything else I post, the stuff I posted before he made his vote was such a well-made case that we can ignore my new posts.
Secondly:
You clearly don't know me then, as I joke around in pretty much every game I am, regardless of alignment, though I can see how you think that would be a scumtell.
For someone who claims to dislike meta, it's odd that you'd use self-meta here. I always joke around as town and scum!

Double-standard, BTW. Other people can't meta other players but I can use meta to defend myself.

And, in fact, pushing double standards being so evil and then using double-standards yourself IS ALSO A DOUBLESTANDARD. HOLY FUCKING SHIT THEY'RE EVERYWHERE.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:26 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

bullshit meter just went off...I thought so.
Tasky wrote:
Seraphim wrote:Hey, guys, CKD is town. Honestly. I've played with him enough to know.
could you share your profound knowledge with us, master? how can you be so sure he is town?
if there is some meta you are relying on, please post links...
Tasky wrote: I actually don't care what you did in other games...
so you were just asking sera, to look like you were scum hutning then?

ok, I am officially gone until Monday night/tuesday.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Alpha Werewolf
Alpha Werewolf
Townie
Alpha Werewolf
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Alpha Werewolf »

TheLonging wrote:
Alpha Werewolf wrote:I approve of the case on The Longing. Especially with Anon's analysis of The Longing's defense post in #127.
Vote The Longing
Did you even read my response to it?
Yes. It did nothing to change my mind.
Karma wrote:Alpha, why didn't you like my response to your question?
I didn't like how, when I asked you an either/or question that should only have one answer (EITHER he's scum and that's why I'm voiting him OR I want a scummy player to answer my questions so I put some pressure onto him), you gave both of the answers. Nothing major, just felt like I should note this.
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:00 am

Post by Karma »

Gandalf's last unvote feels disingenuous.

CKD does feel town to me - I've never played with him but his hyperagressiveness doesn't seem like it would come from scum.
TOWN 0/0
SCUM 2/0
3RD PARTY 0/0
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:18 am

Post by TheLonging »

Seraphim wrote:Alright, now for theLonging. I read your response, and I find you scummy for completely different reasons. If you want to play the sarcasm game, go ahead. It just gets me angrier.

Let's start this up, then. First of all, you seem to use a lot of personal attacks when defending yourself. This is a very clever tactic to attempt to downplay your attackers' "cred" when facing you.

Examples:
Alright, if you say so Master Overlord
How about this, find reasons for you finding me scum, then it won't be as sheepy as this shows.
I agree, especially since Sera has convinced himself he never needs to think about anything else I post, the stuff I posted before he made his vote was such a well-made case that we can ignore my new posts.
Secondly:
You clearly don't know me then, as I joke around in pretty much every game I am, regardless of alignment, though I can see how you think that would be a scumtell.
For someone who claims to dislike meta, it's odd that you'd use self-meta here. I always joke around as town and scum!

Double-standard, BTW. Other people can't meta other players but I can use meta to defend myself.

And, in fact, pushing double standards being so evil and then using double-standards yourself IS ALSO A DOUBLESTANDARD. HOLY FUCKING SHIT THEY'RE EVERYWHERE.
OK then, I won't use sarcasm on purpose. I'll just use it naturally.

1st Quote was indeed an attack, will not deny. 2nd quote wasn't an attack, rather it was asking him to find examples of me being scum, because it looked like he was sheeping. 3rd quote was also an attack, but I threw in more sarcasm.

I didn't claim that it would make me town or scum, and it's not really self-meta because he thought joking around was a scum tell. If anything, it's a null-tell because I know a whole lot of players who joke around regardless of alignment that I can't even think of it as a tell anymore. Was it really a double standard? Am I still using a double standard? Also that last line made me laugh, thanks.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:34 am

Post by Tasky »

diginova wrote:
Tasky, while you wait to answer my question in 164
, another one for you: If you had a single daykill that you had to use right now, who would it be on and why?
Tasky wrote:
diginova wrote: Tasky and the others who this is their first game on-site: How would you describe your playstyle? Do you have any links to sample games off-site that can be viewed for some background information?
it's the first time I play online-mafia, so my online play-stile yet has to be formed... I can tell you about my face-to-face-play-stile:
I like taking control of the game early, ask question, somehow lead the discussion... this is also because I want to get people talking... In face-to-face mafia my favorite type of questions is "A, what do you think about B"; "A, what do you think about the fact that B thinks C is scum?" and similar things... from what I get, I'd say it's less effective in online-mafia, since the whole emotion-related reads (face, body-language,...) are missing
usually the ones I play mafia with let me do my game, since it's favorable to them to have somebody who exposes himself doing the questioning, so I never really needed to change my playing-style.
I already answered that question in post 168...

if I had a single nightkill I'd kill curiouskarmadog... I explained the reasons in post 180 and in post 198
reassuming it was the fact that he unvoted after being 100%-sure and the only thing which had changed was the notion of razorback not being a gorilla but a human...

now it's your turn: could you please describe us your playing-style, and tell us who you would kill right now with a single daykill?

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
Seraphim wrote:Let's start with my defense of CKD. I'm going to let him defend himself but the effort trying to get CKD lynched is wasted ATM because
I'm nearly positive that he's town
just because you are positive that he's town, that really does not tell me anything... you could be wrong... until I get to hear
why
you are so positive in a way I can understand, I really see no reason to accept it as valid
Seraphim wrote:If you want links, go find them yourself. It's been a while, the game I was/is with him recently is currently ongoing, the rest were in the days of yesteryear and probably in the archieve. All I know is that CKD is angry...and angry CKD is generally town CKD until proven otherwise.
I tried to look through his games, but there are 63 of them each consisting of 30-80 pages each... how am I supposed to find the base for your argument if I don't even really understand your argument? couldn't you please do me the favor of trying to remember which game it was?

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
curiouskarmadog wrote:bullshit meter just went off...I thought so.
Tasky wrote:
Seraphim wrote:Hey, guys, CKD is town. Honestly. I've played with him enough to know.
could you share your profound knowledge with us, master? how can you be so sure he is town?
if there is some meta you are relying on, please post links...
Tasky wrote: I actually don't care what you did in other games...
so you were just asking sera, to look like you were scum hutning then?
ok, let me restate it then: I don't care what
somebody (or you) says
that you have done in other games as long as I don't get evidence...
everybody can say "I always play like this, this is not a scumtell"... but until I get some evidence (in form of concrete quotes) for that, it's really a worthless argument...
curiouskarmadog wrote:would you rather I keep my vote on when I am only skimming and havent read thoroughly?
then let's tell me, how can you pretend to be so sure about somebody being scum if you only skimmed and haven't read thoroughly?
Tasky wrote:what exactly did you fear could happen if you kept your vote?
you still owe me an answer to this question.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:57 am

Post by TheLonging »

Another thing for Sera: I hate using meta as the sole reasoning for calling someone town/scum. Gut feelings are also different from meta, like how I have a gut feeling ckd is town. I only refer to meta when the difference between someone's town play and someone's scum play is drastic. Not when it's sort of off, and even then, I don't use meta solely to build a case, but rather, a small nugget of it.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:56 am

Post by diginova »

Sorry about that, I missed your post. I replied to my own first question on 167, quoted below.
diginova wrote:EBWOP (after 2 ninjas): Answering my own question, since this is my first non-Newbie: I'd say my playstyle is probably overly cautious; I don't normally place non-RVS votes unless they do something that is overtly scummy or after a fair amount of discussion.
In terms of the one daykill, assuming I had to take one, I was originally going to place it on ReaperCharlie due to his lack of relevancy that made him seem like he was hiding something, but that was a minor point that truthfully isn't enough to warrant a vote, but he was the most suspicious of a lot of players that I can't really get good reads on right now, and deserves at least
FOS: ReaperCharlie
However, the recent discussion on TheLonging brought up some points that I found interesting; I'm going to go and do an ISO on him and will have my results later tonight, which may change my decision and possibly warrant a vote. I don't want to take others' interpretations without reading the exchanges myself, though.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Karma »

TheLonging, I still can't understand who you think is scum.
TOWN 0/0
SCUM 2/0
3RD PARTY 0/0
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by TheLonging »

Tasky for pushing on ckd for very minor/irrelevant reasons, RC for not posting much useful content. That's top 2, but I'd rather hear from more over time.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by diginova »

In Iso0, TheLonging's question about posting in twilight is odd. The main beneficiaries of not being able to post in twilight are scum, as they can just quickhammer and prevent discussion about how the power roles should act / prevent additional discussion that could out them.

In Iso1, he states he doesn't like the RVS and takes a single small point and votes Tasky. However, he then keeps on this vote, constantly saying that it's a good idea without giving any additional reasons up through Iso6.

I think the main issue going on is TheLonging trying to add snark to his comments such as the "if you say so Master Overlord" and the constant joking. It seems like the constant joking is trying to hide actual thoughts that may seem scummy in a layer of misdirection. The sarcasm doesn't help town as it causes confusion and deniability as to whether or not you are serious at any point in the game.

In Iso18, he states that he doesn't vote using meta as the sole reasoning, but gut feelings are different. Gut feelings are actually at best a form of meta, especially if you've played with them before, and at worst detrimental to successful scumhunting. As you showed with your Tasky vote, you had a gut feeling initially and that caused you to continue claiming scum without giving any new information. It's hard once you get an idea in your head to move away from it, as shown with your continuation of Tasky as a main suspect based on the same minor point of the push of ckd.

TheLonging, you got my vote.
Vote: TheLonging

Thus, following up on 207, I would change the target to TheLonging, though I would still have hesitation to shoot as it's only Day 1 and there hasn't been too much useful information put on the table.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:42 am

Post by Tasky »

TheLonging wrote:Tasky for pushing on ckd for very minor/irrelevant reasons
do you find it minor/irrelevant that CKD got so sure about someone being scum, that he even crowned himself "mafia catcher", and then unvotes because he is V/LA?
If I were V/LA I'd unvote if I'd fear that while I'm away that person could be lynched using my vote without me wanting that... but didn't CKD really want to lynch gandalf?
or at least that's what I had got from this post:
curiouskarmadog wrote:Got ya...and in 4 pages too. (feel free to nominate me on mafia catcher after the game is done).
and then, how could he be so sure somebody is scum if he was only "skimming and hadn't read thoroughly"... (quoted from this post)

I'm now waiting for CKD to get back and answer this questions to clear this issue at it's root:
how sure were you that gandalf was scum?
if you were so sure as it seemed, what did you fear in keeping your vote?
if you were not so sure, can you explain the reasons behind that post of yours?
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:41 am

Post by Zang »

I'm
V/LA until tuesday
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:19 am

Post by TheLonging »

Tasky wrote:
TheLonging wrote:Tasky for pushing on ckd for very minor/irrelevant reasons
do you find it minor/irrelevant that CKD got so sure about someone being scum, that he even crowned himself "mafia catcher", and then unvotes because he is V/LA?
If I were V/LA I'd unvote if I'd fear that while I'm away that person could be lynched using my vote without me wanting that... but didn't CKD really want to lynch gandalf?
or at least that's what I had got from this post:
curiouskarmadog wrote:Got ya...and in 4 pages too. (feel free to nominate me on mafia catcher after the game is done).
and then, how could he be so sure somebody is scum if he was only "skimming and hadn't read thoroughly"... (quoted from this post)
About the V/LA thing, before I move on to your other points: If I was V/LA for any time, I'd unvote because a lot of stuff would happen in my absence, so I'd find it natural to unvote. If I was suspicious of someone, they might do something to change my mind, and what if a bandwagon starts that gets out of hand/

"reassuming it was the fact that he unvoted after being 100%-sure and the only thing which had changed was the notion of razorback not being a gorilla but a human..."

^I didn't quite understand that, I interpreted it as a reason for pushing the ckd vote even more, which IS minor. gandalf insulted (or tried to) ckd, and ckd/gandalf did have flawed logic (being somewhat sure in a vote based on a vibe, gandalf assuming that a vote based on a vibe is 100% serious) (whether or not that was intentional I have no idea), and ckd jumped on it I guess. It's not that scummy as it is null/being ooverconfident.

Will respond to diginova's post after lunch
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Tasky »

TheLonging wrote: "reassuming it was the fact that he unvoted after being 100%-sure and the only thing which had changed was the notion of razorback not being a gorilla but a human..."

^I didn't quite understand that, I interpreted it as a reason for pushing the ckd vote even more, which IS minor. gandalf insulted (or tried to) ckd, and ckd/gandalf did have flawed logic (being somewhat sure in a vote based on a vibe, gandalf assuming that a vote based on a vibe is 100% serious) (whether or not that was intentional I have no idea), and ckd jumped on it I guess. It's not that scummy as it is null/being ooverconfident.
well, excuse me for that sentence, was badly worded...
here is what this should have meant:

I had the impression that CKD was 100% sure that gandalf was scum, it seemed nothing could have changed his mind (probably that's the wrong assumption here, but this is how his post looked to me)
then it was revealed that razorback was a annoying player, ... (this had actually nothing to do with CKD's case)
but then CKD unvoted for going V/LA...

now, since I assumed he was so sure, I found it somehow strange that he unvoted, even if he was V/LA so I thought that maybe he had changed his opinion about gandalf...
but the only thing which had changed between him voting and him unvoting was the razorback-thing... so, if he had unvoted for having changed his mind, only that thing could have been the reason, and I found that highly unlikely...

this is why I asked my questions of post 211...
I think the only possible way for my argument to be wrong is that the assumption (that CKD was 100%-sure about gandalf being scum) was wrong, so I'd like to hear from him whether that assumption was true or not
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:54 am

Post by diginova »

Tasky wrote:but then CKD unvoted for going V/LA...

now, since I assumed he was so sure, I found it somehow strange that he unvoted, even if he was V/LA so I thought that maybe he had changed his opinion about gandalf...
but the only thing which had changed between him voting and him unvoting was the razorback-thing... so, if he had unvoted for having changed his mind, only that thing could have been the reason, and I found that highly unlikely...

I think the only possible way for my argument to be wrong is that the assumption (that CKD was 100%-sure about gandalf being scum) was wrong, so I'd like to hear from him whether that assumption was true or not
Actually, it's pretty common no matter how sure you are to unvote before going V/LA, so if new clues emerge while you're gone, you don't still have a vote that can influence who gets lynched, especially at games where most votes at deadline determines the lynch. I truthfully don't think it's too much of a scumtell.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Tasky »

diginova wrote:
Tasky wrote:but then CKD unvoted for going V/LA...

Actually, it's pretty common no matter how sure you are to unvote before going V/LA, so if new clues emerge while you're gone, you don't still have a vote that can influence who gets lynched, especially at games where most votes at deadline determines the lynch. I truthfully don't think it's too much of a scumtell.
I see you point... maybe it's just a matter of playing-style...
I'm going to leave my vote on CKD for now until I get his answers too... then I'll see...
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
I doubt it
I doubt it
Townie
I doubt it
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:00 am

Post by I doubt it »

@Tasky: It is not uncommon or scummy for people to state their cases with stronger conviction than they actually have(in early game at least), in order to get reactions from the wagonee and everyone else in the game. Most of your case on CKD seem to be based on this:
It's obvious to me at least that this is written tongue-in-cheek.

My read on Tasky vs CKD is town vs town. Tasky appears new to online mafia and I'd expect players without much experience to be more careful and calculating as scum. CKD's emotional response and his aggressive play make him a stronger town read.

Seraphim makes a good point on the personal attacks of TheLonging. Taunting people like that is something I would classify as a scum strategy.
diginova wrote:In Iso0, TheLonging's question about posting in twilight is odd. The main beneficiaries of not being able to post in twilight are scum, as they can just quickhammer and prevent discussion about how the power roles should act / prevent additional discussion that could out them.
The question is not odd at all as the rules don't specifically say anything about twilight at all, and it is common to ask for clarification to rules in the first few posts. This point in your case is overreaching and slightly scummy, but the other arguments do have some validity in them.

UNVOTE: Zang
Unvoting for now as the Zang wagon clearly isn't picking up. I'll see if I can find a better place for my vote when I'm back from my V/LA.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Anon »

I seriously dont have anything else to say other than I want Longingscum dead under a grave.
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by TheLonging »

diginova wrote:In Iso0, TheLonging's question about posting in twilight is odd. The main beneficiaries of not being able to post in twilight are scum, as they can just quickhammer and prevent discussion about how the power roles should act / prevent additional discussion that could out them.

In Iso1, he states he doesn't like the RVS and takes a single small point and votes Tasky. However, he then keeps on this vote, constantly saying that it's a good idea without giving any additional reasons up through Iso6.

I think the main issue going on is TheLonging trying to add snark to his comments such as the "if you say so Master Overlord" and the constant joking. It seems like the constant joking is trying to hide actual thoughts that may seem scummy in a layer of misdirection. The sarcasm doesn't help town as it causes confusion and deniability as to whether or not you are serious at any point in the game.

In Iso18, he states that he doesn't vote using meta as the sole reasoning, but gut feelings are different. Gut feelings are actually at best a form of meta, especially if you've played with them before, and at worst detrimental to successful scumhunting. As you showed with your Tasky vote, you had a gut feeling initially and that caused you to continue claiming scum without giving any new information. It's hard once you get an idea in your head to move away from it, as shown with your continuation of Tasky as a main suspect based on the same minor point of the push of ckd.

TheLonging, you got my vote.
Vote: TheLonging

Thus, following up on 207, I would change the target to TheLonging, though I would still have hesitation to shoot as it's only Day 1 and there hasn't been too much useful information put on the table.
Iso0: I'm not bothering to respond to that because it's so out of there, and you're clearly not thinking of what I was going for with it (see I doubt it's response)

Iso1: I generally don't like the RVS, overall, because it's basically (in my case) vote randomly for up to 10 pages (yes I was in a game with RVS lasting for 10 pages. Scum got away nicely in that) before someone makes a vote that's somewhat serious. In that case, I pushed it for a minor reason to see how he would respond, but I gave up on it partway and didn't really care, then Anon comes in and pushes a case on me that's mostly BS.

Iso18 doesn't even seem like a reason. Gut feelings for me are different, I don't associate them from meta. I guess meta is unavoidable, I just don't like using it as much as I can for past stated reasons.

Also with the snark/joke things: I can't really defend myself there, it's how I play like it or not, I brought it in on this game, bad move apparently. I'll stop from doing it on purpose, because clearly people are getting annoyed. For example, I was gonna make a snarky comment about Anon's ego, but I'll stop myself.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

SharkFinn
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by SharkFinn »

Currently in the process of analyzing gandalf. I like the Longing lynch for reasons presented in the iso, but not willing to vote yet, because I honestly agree that gandalf is most likely scum. Ill explain in my full iso.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by Anon »

longing, you still havent explained why you kept voting for tasky in a serious way when he was obviously joking.
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by TheLonging »

I have, you just missed it apparently.

V/LA until Friday, maybe Saturday.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

SharkFinn
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
SharkFinn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by SharkFinn »

gandalf5166 wrote:VOTE: RC
I was reading a game he was in, and he was the king. Therefore, he must be scum in this game. That logic is not at all faulty. >.<
Nothing major in this post. Just typical D1 stuff. (null read)
gandalf5166 wrote:Oh, I hadn't noticed that. Definitely UNVOTE: VOTE: Tasky,
double standards are a serious offense.
Cannot tell if this is serious of not, but the tone in the bolded/italicized are fishy. (null-minor scumtell)
gandalf5166 wrote:Hey, RC, I read that game. That's the game I was referring to where you were the king. :P And I actually like Anon's reasoning, and my vote on tasky was basically a joke. This is my first non-newbie game,
so I'm used to L4 meaning that the player has one vote on him. :P
So: VOTE: TheLonging
I'm confused here. Is he implying that he joke hammered? Can't read him. (null read)
gandalf5166 wrote:Also, it makes me sad that
I'm not on any of your lists *tear*
BIG SCUM READ!!! This is the first solid scumtell. Earlier I voted RC cause I thought he said this, but I must have skimmed over it. I wasnt crazy ;D. Anyways. He's trying to get on Anon's good side cause he made a list that easily lures newer players. (BIG READ)
gandalf5166 wrote:dog, why is that scummy? And digi, as far as I'm aware, wagons are what get us out of the RVS. And the only info we have at that stage is the RVS.
Every vote at that stage is a joke, but we have to stop joking around at some point, and the only "evidence" we have is random votes. And it worked, didn't it? We're now out of the RVS, we're genuinely examining posts now.
CKD picked up on the same read I'm making and here's his reaction. Attempts to dismiss it saying it's a RV. Tries acting tough and leading, saying it's time for seriousness, completely under the dillusion that CKD is joking. (solid scumtell)
gandalf5166 wrote:karma, you remind me of razorback, only with slightly better grammar. You act overly confident in a vote for no reason other than a "vibe".
I'm new and idk who razorback is, but personal attacks are not town-like. Also, vibes on D1 are normal and are the result of attitudes (minor scumtell)
curiouskarmadog wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:karma, you remind me of razorback, only with slightly better grammar. You act overly confident in a vote for no reason other than a "vibe".
you know what is really funny (beside your weak attempt at an insult)?

NO WHERE IN THIS POST DO YOU SAY I AM WRONG?

Got ya...and in 4 pages too. (feel free to nominate me on mafia catcher after the game is done).
Also like the interpretation CKD had in that post. gandalf said RVs are pointless at this point, but didnt say CKD was wrong. (decent scumtell on gandalf)
gandalf5166 wrote:*splutters* DANNY PHANTOM?!!!! How dare you put Danny Phantom in the same category as Spiderman and Deadpool?! That's practically blasphemy!!!!
?????? (null tell)
gandalf5166 wrote:I don't say you're wrong, because I don't see the point. If you had some evidence, then we could debate. But with what you have, there's no point in me saying anything.

More overconfidence for no reason. Keep this up and I might have to switch my vote.
Day 1 = no "evidence". Basically this is the evidence and CKD gave it with the post. Of course the explanation isnt in depth, but evidence is evidence and I like gandalf scum here. Also, there is reason for confidence because there is evidence (both from CKD and now me).(scumtell)
gandalf5166 wrote:He's new to the site, he doesn't know razorback. >.<
Null read.
gandalf5166 wrote:I'm sorry, I just don't really get how CKD can be so confident for nothing but a vibe. I could understand if he just voted, but he said that he would bet his life on it, which seems very strong for a vibe on page four.
Again. D1. Vibe is the best we got and your reaction to the accusation of scum + your "why am i not on any lists". (scumtell)
gandalf5166 wrote:Oh, and Tasky, razorback is possibly the most irritating player on the site. He has zero language skills, and makes votes based on nothing at all. I'm pretty sure he's actually retarded. If I ever saw razor join a game I had joined, I would /out immediately. That's how terrible he is. And I didn't really mean the full brunt of that against CKD, it's just that I had recently finished a game with razorback where he picked me to be the target of his bull. The funny part is, he was right.
But the point is, I was fed up with "vibe" votes. I realize that many people frequently play like that, but each and every one of them irritates me.
Even DDD, who is apparently very well liked, pisses me off to no end. And mod, didn't I switch my vote to TheLonging? I'll have to check back......
Someone is pissed that he's being voted. and chill dude. it's D1. Lack of cool isnt necessarily scum or town, but it is a reaction made by either STRONG town or STRONG scum reaction. Based on the previous, i'd say def. scum now.
gandalf5166 wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:Hey, RC, I read that game. That's the game I was referring to where you were the king. :P And I actually like Anon's reasoning, and my vote on tasky was basically a joke. This is my first non-newbie game, so I'm used to L4 meaning that the player has one vote on him. :P So: VOTE: TheLonging
Yeah, I switched my vote here. and people were complaining about the emoticons. I have a question. Is there any way for me to make it so it won't convert my text smileys automatically? I really don't like the emoticons on this site.
Null read.
gandalf5166 wrote:Crap, I've still got my vote on Tasky? UNVOTE:
Took you that long to realize that? You complained saying you changed your vote to the mod and then you now realize you still have it on.
(minor scumtell)

Overall:
1. Gandalf trys to buddy with Anon, the list maker.
2. He complains he isnt on any of the lists, which blatantly includes being scum.
3. He overreacts to CKDs vote against him as well as "Vibe" votes.
4. He doesn't counter arguments against him but rather dismisses them.

Well good sir, I have a STRONG VIBE that you are scum, so:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Gandalf5166
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Shark, that may be the argument with the weakest strength/length ratio I've ever seen. Points number one and two were jokes on my part, and how am I supposed to counter an argument when all that I am being told is that I give off a bad "vibe"? Your argument is something I can shoot down, because it's actually based on quotes.
SharkFinn wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:VOTE: RC
I was reading a game he was in, and he was the king. Therefore, he must be scum in this game. That logic is not at all faulty. >.<
Nothing major in this post. Just typical D1 stuff. (null read)
gandalf5166 wrote:Oh, I hadn't noticed that. Definitely UNVOTE: VOTE: Tasky,
double standards are a serious offense.
Cannot tell if this is serious of not, but the tone in the bolded/italicized are fishy. (null-minor scumtell)
This is obviously a joke.

gandalf5166 wrote:Hey, RC, I read that game. That's the game I was referring to where you were the king. :P And I actually like Anon's reasoning, and my vote on tasky was basically a joke. This is my first non-newbie game,
so I'm used to L4 meaning that the player has one vote on him. :P
So: VOTE: TheLonging
I'm confused here. Is he implying that he joke hammered? Can't read him. (null read)
What I'm saying is that in a newbie game, saying that you're at L4 means you have one vote on you. So in this game, where there are more people, L4 is actually somewhat close to a lynch.

gandalf5166 wrote:Also, it makes me sad that
I'm not on any of your lists *tear*
BIG SCUM READ!!! This is the first solid scumtell. Earlier I voted RC cause I thought he said this, but I must have skimmed over it. I wasnt crazy ;D. Anyways. He's trying to get on Anon's good side cause he made a list that easily lures newer players. (BIG READ)
More blowing jokes out of proportion.

gandalf5166 wrote:dog, why is that scummy? And digi, as far as I'm aware, wagons are what get us out of the RVS. And the only info we have at that stage is the RVS.
Every vote at that stage is a joke, but we have to stop joking around at some point, and the only "evidence" we have is random votes. And it worked, didn't it? We're now out of the RVS, we're genuinely examining posts now.
CKD picked up on the same read I'm making and here's his reaction. Attempts to dismiss it saying it's a RV. Tries acting tough and leading, saying it's time for seriousness, completely under the dillusion that CKD is joking. (solid scumtell)
I wasn't talking about CKD anymore. I was talking to diginova, saying that the RVS has to end at some point.

I'm new and idk who razorback is, but personal attacks are not town-like. Also, vibes on D1 are normal and are the result of attitudes (minor scumtell)
Yeah, this WAS totally uncalled for. But like I said, a vibe doesn't help anyone but yourself.
curiouskarmadog wrote:
you know what is really funny (beside your weak attempt at an insult)?

NO WHERE IN THIS POST DO YOU SAY I AM WRONG?

Got ya...and in 4 pages too. (feel free to nominate me on mafia catcher after the game is done).
Also like the interpretation CKD had in that post. gandalf said RVs are pointless at this point, but didnt say CKD was wrong. (decent scumtell on gandalf)
I could have said he was wrong, but why? All I would have said was "You're wrong". As far as I'm aware, I couldn't have done anything else to defend myself. So I decided it was pointless and moved on.

gandalf5166 wrote:*splutters* DANNY PHANTOM?!!!! How dare you put Danny Phantom in the same category as Spiderman and Deadpool?! That's practically blasphemy!!!!
?????? (null tell)
Why bother including posts like this in an ISO? It's not going to mean anything to anybody, so why include it? To make your ISO look like more evidence than it actually is? Methinks so.

gandalf5166 wrote:I don't say you're wrong, because I don't see the point. If you had some evidence, then we could debate. But with what you have, there's no point in me saying anything.

More overconfidence for no reason. Keep this up and I might have to switch my vote.
Day 1 = no "evidence". Basically this is the evidence and CKD gave it with the post. Of course the explanation isnt in depth, but evidence is evidence and I like gandalf scum here. Also, there is reason for confidence because there is evidence (both from CKD and now me).(scumtell)
I can't understand your grammar at all here.

gandalf5166 wrote:He's new to the site, he doesn't know razorback. >.<
Null read.
gandalf5166 wrote:I'm sorry, I just don't really get how CKD can be so confident for nothing but a vibe. I could understand if he just voted, but he said that he would bet his life on it, which seems very strong for a vibe on page four.
Again. D1. Vibe is the best we got and your reaction to the accusation of scum + your "why am i not on any lists". (scumtell)
gandalf5166 wrote:Oh, and Tasky, razorback is possibly the most irritating player on the site. He has zero language skills, and makes votes based on nothing at all. I'm pretty sure he's actually retarded. If I ever saw razor join a game I had joined, I would /out immediately. That's how terrible he is. And I didn't really mean the full brunt of that against CKD, it's just that I had recently finished a game with razorback where he picked me to be the target of his bull. The funny part is, he was right.
But the point is, I was fed up with "vibe" votes. I realize that many people frequently play like that, but each and every one of them irritates me.
Even DDD, who is apparently very well liked, pisses me off to no end. And mod, didn't I switch my vote to TheLonging? I'll have to check back......
Someone is pissed that he's being voted. and chill dude. it's D1. Lack of cool isnt necessarily scum or town, but it is a reaction made by either STRONG town or STRONG scum reaction. Based on the previous, i'd say def. scum now.
I'm sorry, I really find vibe votes to be very selfish. You aren't convincing anybody by saying "I have a feeling this person is scum." And there's no way to defend against a vibe. And please don't use D1 as an excuse.

gandalf5166 wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:Hey, RC, I read that game. That's the game I was referring to where you were the king. :P And I actually like Anon's reasoning, and my vote on tasky was basically a joke. This is my first non-newbie game, so I'm used to L4 meaning that the player has one vote on him. :P So: VOTE: TheLonging
Yeah, I switched my vote here. and people were complaining about the emoticons. I have a question. Is there any way for me to make it so it won't convert my text smileys automatically? I really don't like the emoticons on this site.
Null read.
gandalf5166 wrote:Crap, I've still got my vote on Tasky? UNVOTE:
Took you that long to realize that? You complained saying you changed your vote to the mod and then you now realize you still have it on.
(minor scumtell)

Overall:
1. Gandalf trys to buddy with Anon, the list maker.
2. He complains he isnt on any of the lists, which blatantly includes being scum.
3. He overreacts to CKDs vote against him as well as "Vibe" votes.
4. He doesn't counter arguments against him but rather dismisses them.

Well good sir, I have a STRONG VIBE that you are scum, so:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Gandalf5166
And VOTE: TheLonging again, since the mod apparently didn't notice last time.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”