quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by quadz08 »

xvart wrote:
quadz08, 162 wrote:So if my opinion and my actions didn't match up, that'd be worse, right?
Of course; my point was more it is expected for you to say that since you have already been found to be blatantly defending someone for no apparent reason. Also, you missed my question:
xvart wrote:Also, what was the point of the comment at all, if it wasn't to score town points?
The point would be to get my opinion across on diddin's comment. Yes, it was a defense of what he said. However, I think that every opinion expressed in this game is, at its core, either an attack or a defense of another player. If the only opinions you express are attacking opinions, then that's your choice. That doesn't make a defense a scummy play.

I plan on re-reading everything sometime soon to get a fresh perspective on what's going on. I'll post my thoughts as soon as I have them haha.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by Friend »

@xvart: So I caught something immediately after I posted. Again, what's wrong with that?
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:19 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

Friend wrote:@xvart: So I caught something immediately after I posted. Again, what's wrong with that?
I don't like how you put that " What's wrong with that?" at the end. It seems forced.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:21 am

Post by Friend »

Forced? How so?

I'm just trying to show that doubleposting is not a scumtell.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:30 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Than it means I understood the question wrong. I think I got something else.
I agree that double posting is not a scum tell.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:58 am

Post by q21 »

xvart wrote:
q21, 165 wrote:It is not scummy that I missed the first 5 pages because I hadn't even seen my role PM yet. Yes, its a little pathetic that I didn't notice the new PM... but not scummy. That read of the game was made when my brain was completely fried, very little stuck so instead of voting completely randomly or posting nothing I did something with the potential to evoke some interesting reactions.
Interestingly enough that you didn't mention any of that in your initial post. Yes, I believe you that you didn't see the role PM. Also, you honestly think that self voting five pages in is more productive than just saying, missed my role pm, read the game but didn't get anything because my brain is fried. Expect more later; or something along those lines? My point is that from my perspective it is an honest mistake to miss a role pm. But scum would have more of a reason to justify it or catch themselves before anyone else can call them out on the behavior, which is exactly what you did.
I did mention most of it. I said that I'd read the thread and not much had stuck, I even said it was because I was melting my brain with work all day (sorry, didn't say frying. You'll have to forgive the inconsistency of my terminology). True, I didn't point out that I was fishing for reactions, but saying that outright would kinda defeated the purpose.

It's interesting, though, that you should ask I why I didn't mention things that I did mention. Shows that the only thing you paid attention to in that first post of mine was the self vote (something you could attack me for). Not reading all the content of a post, especially such a short post, is scummy.
xvart wrote:
q21, 165 wrote:Town see someone self vote in their first post (even after 5 pages) and most of the time they'll laugh a little and move on. Scum on the other hand feel they need to jump on everything and as a result they jump on that self vote. On its own its hardly enough to condemn anyone, but your response and SSBF's earlier was enough to catch my attention.
Seriously? You think someone self voting on page five when there is actual scumhunting/discussion going on would just be laughed off? That's laughable, and now you are reaching to try and make those that called you out on it
appear
to be the scum. The fact that you are softly trying to build a case or a level of suspicion on the people calling you out on the self vote is suspicious; and if I wasn't so
Lets analyse the responses to that self vote... 9 out of 11 players other than myself moved on without so much as a comment (maybe they laughed, maybe they didn't; I don't know, I don't have little cameras at everyone's computers to see if they're laughing). 2 out of eleven people called me out for it. Even if neither you not SSBF are scum, those numbers still prove that most townies paid it very little mind.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
q21 wrote:Bullshit. There are situations where it is not. Situations where it is even a towntell. You're trying to turn a circumstantial point into a concrete one. It won't work.
Alright, show me situations where it is a towntell. Not even a nulltell, a towntell.
Cop with a town result on someone. Masons.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
q21 wrote:Town see someone self vote in their first post (even after 5 pages) and most of the time they'll laugh a little and move on. Scum on the other hand feel they need to jump on everything and as a result they jump on that self vote. On its own its hardly enough to condemn anyone, but your response and SSBF's earlier was enough to catch my attention.
I got on to you because that self-vote was completely unecessary. We were already starting to hunt for scum, so the self-vote was completely unecessary. All you needed to do was to say "Hi, I'm here, will post tomorrow", and I would understand.
That would just be boring.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:02 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

diddin wrote:Smash, Chainsaw Defenses aren't a scumtell unless the person someone is defending indireectly is confirmed scum. So attacking people for chainsaws D1 is just lol.
So are you saying we should ignore chainsaw defenses on other people if we don't know the people's alignments? I'd rather let people know about them now so people will more likely be able to pick up on them if Player A attacked Player C while defending Player B and Player B flips scum then ignore it until Player B flips scum.
q21 wrote:Cop with a town result on someone.
Unless it's in a Newbie Game or in an Open game that doesn't have Serial Killer/Mafa Godfather/any role that turn up innocent although they are not town-aligned, you cannot fully trust your town investigation. Even in a game without anti-town roles that turn up innocent on investigations, there can be different variations of Cops. You could be insane, which means that you actually got an Innocent on a scum. There is no guarateen that your Innocent investigation is true in most circumstances.
q21 wrote:Masons.
You cannot rule out the possibility of Masons being part of a scum factions as well. Maybe unlikely, but it can happen. Scum Masons can lie about there alignments as well.
q21 wrote:That would just be boring.
And that's worse then intentionally self-voting during the scum hunting stage because?
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:16 am

Post by q21 »

SSBF - Your rebuttals of my examples are technically possible, but scum Masons are incredibly rare in normal games and if you have an town result as a cop the best thing to do is believe that until you have verifiable reason not to. The crux of the matter is that there are (many) situations where those examples hold up just fine which means that your statement that defending is always a scumtell is false.
SSBF wrote:And that's worse then intentionally self-voting during the scum hunting stage because?
You say "worse" like I'd actually done something bad.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:20 am

Post by Friend »

SSBF, just admit you're wrong and let's be done with it. It's more of an MD conversation anyways.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:38 am

Post by diddin »

Friend wrote:@xvart: So I caught something immediately after I posted. Again, what's wrong with that?
If you don't think doubleposting is a scumtell, why do you feel the need to ask what's wrong with it? To appeal to people?

Not really liking SSBF's latest post. All of his reasonings may be true, but I find scum masons to be almost exclusive to bastard games and even with roles that may manipulate a cop's results, he should believe his innocent scan until being given a good reason not to.

About Chainsaw Defenses, they still aren't something to lynch people for D1, but they're something to take note of.

Person A attacks Person B who is attacking Person C, so technically person A is chainsaw Defending person C. however, that chainsaw should not be a ground for voting person A unless person C flips scum. IF person C would be to flip town, would you still be suspicious of person A?

Really not liking SSBF. He's grasping for straws on his defending someone is a scumtell logic and could possibly use that logic to mislynch people.
Vote: SSBF
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:52 am

Post by q21 »

diddin wrote: Person A attacks Person B who is attacking Person C, so technically person A is chainsaw Defending person C. however, that chainsaw should not be a ground for voting person A unless person C flips scum. IF person C would be to flip town, would you still be suspicious of person A?
Logic in a vacuum like this rarely works well in mafia. Person C could flip town and Person A could still be scum who was looking to buy town-cred. With defending and chainsaw defending each occurrence needs to be looked at and judged individually based on the nature of that defending and the situation in the thread at the time.

At this point in the game I don't read anyone as having defended anyone else in such a scummy way.

Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Tasky »

doing an ISO analysis on diddin (all numbers are from [-1; 1]):
0: RVS - nulltell (0)
1: joking around - nulltell (0)
2: part one - standard theory answer - nulltell (0); part two - standard reactions - nulltell (0); part three - looking for town cred for nothing - decent scumtell (-0.3)
3: explanation to previous post - nulltell (0)
4: sheeping - slight scumtell (-0.1)
5: first part - standard answer - nulltell; part two - contradicting your own statement from post 4 - slight scumtell (-0.05)
6: still looking for town cred (saying that you are not claiming sole responsibility for ending RVS implicates that you have a part of the responsibility) - small scumtell (-0.2)
7: part one - explanation - slight towntell (+0.1); part two - sheeping again - slight scumtell (-0.1); part three - sheeping again but with some new reasoning - all in all a nulltell (0)
8: arguments, seemingly genuine scumhunting (+0.1)
9: fear for bandwagon - nulltell (0)
10: sheeping again, curiously doesn't vote though - slight scumtell (-0.1)
11: promise of content - nulltell (0)
12: reasonable attack, surprised he still didn't vote - slight towntell (+0.1)
13: standard theory - nulltell (0)
14: only possible continuation of his attack - slight towntell (+0.1)

total: -0.45

conclusion:
diddin starts giving away scum-tells, maybe he underestimated town and wanted to score some quick points (getting-out-of-RVS-thing and sheeping) and not get noticed, then turns to play more oriented, stops sheeping... this of course is no tell, since both town and scum would stop after being attacked for that... still hasn't made any point which would really classify him as a genuine scumhunter...
therefore I think the original scumtells make him a reasonable scumpick
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Tasky »

and I wanted to add that I'm going to be
V/LA 15.07 - 31.07

Noted, but I think because you're going to be away for such an extended period of time (more than the period of one game day), I'm going to have to ask the other players how they feel about this.
Last edited by totallynotmafia on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
jayfl383
jayfl383
Goon
jayfl383
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by jayfl383 »

Is that July 15th - July 31st you will be away?
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by Tasky »

jayfl383 wrote:Is that July 15th - July 31st you will be away?
yeah...
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by xvart »

jayfl383 wrote:Is that July 15th - July 31st you will be away?
When you said you were going to post after work I assumed it would be some level of actual content...

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Oso »

Ok, might as well do my take on the thread.

Tasky: Inital impression that he was trying to pull something with that RQS end to the Random Stage. I have already conceded my reasoning for that vote was probably wrong. Reading some of his posts lately, that impression hasn't changed. Willing to put him into the town category for now. I don't agree with a large portion of his method, but the attempt seems sincere as I really don't see any maliciousness in it.

jayfl383: Didn't jump out at me until i reread him in ISO and then again in context. This post(#116) pretty much sums up why he gets a town a read from me at the moment. I might not agree with all his conclusions but, as far as I can see, he is using a sound basis for them. I do agree that that vezo wagon has scum written all over it. Mainly because of whose on it and yes, that also means I think he may have his vote in the right place as well.

q21: Neutral with a slight bump towards town. He got a late start in the game but is making up for that and he is not throwing crap around just to see what sticks. Enough for me to not to put him as scum at all even if that means as I only see him as neutral.

Chibi, diddin, Quadz, SSBF, vezo and xvart: Pretty much unclassified at the moment. Chibi because of lack of posts. The rest basically because its seems you guys are jockeying around trying to get solid reads on people but I can't classify what you are doing as town or scum, most everything has washed null or scum/town tells in equal parts. Except vezo. Don't care about alignment there at the moment because a lot of conversation is being generated around him. Don't care right now if he's town or scum, I have no interest in lynching him today.

Friend: Tending scummy. But alot of that is based on an undefinable general itch rather than anything concrete to point to. Basically, that I don't think he is as thick as he was letting on earlier. On a re-read, I now hold the opinion that his interaction with me asking about my vote then unvote on Tasky weren't because he misunderstood them but rather that he was looking for some sort of contradiction or see if I would do some sort of weak sauce backpedal on my unvote. I reread my interaction with him wondering where my reasoning wasn't clear. Turns out I was perfectly clear and not just because I knew where I was going when I wrote them but no one else seems to have had any trouble understanding either the vote or the unvote. So, no vote right now on Friend either. I have no problem thinking he is scummy at the moment or even saying it, but I have no concrete evidence he is so, no vote at this time. But he is on my list of suspects.

KageLord: Scum. I have said it before. Saying it again. His original reasoning on vezo (sheeping was his point) is weak but not indefensible, starts to point at what might a legitimate pattern. He blows it from there on out though. I won't go into again but I will reference my vote post and his response post so you can have a quick reference to refrsh your memories.

Now this post. Go ahead and take a good look at it, while I quote a few things here.
Kage Lord - Post 156 wrote:..
ISO 1: Disagrees with SSBF. Says that quicklynching can be good with an example of a previous game
(no link and I personally think this could be taken as a little bit scummy, though I'll say it's null)
. Says scum do RQs more often then town (no examples/links). Doesn't like Tasky's response to vote (I personally see nothing wrong with Tasky's response, other than the previously discussed "is it scummy to not answer RQs"). Ignores Friend's direct request for links to back up the "subtle questions = scum".
ISO 4: Agrees with Oso and unvotes Tasky
(seems like first instance of sheeping to me, especially after appearing confident. but, we can give vezo the BotD here).

ISO 9: Responds to Friend's claim of fake scumhunting by saying Friend is now in the town pile
(possibly true or possibly just trying to appease Friend)
. Responds to my points by saying his phone rang in the middle of his post and the "noob pass" thing is a coincidence
(again possible, but I think that both being coincidences is unlikely).

ISO 11: "Analyzes" (in quotes since I'm not sure that one line or a couple words about each person should be considered a true analysis) wagon. Claims Friend defended Tasky
(which was already mentioned multiple times... more sheeping?).
Claims I'm pushing wagon for out of game reasons
(again, someone else's words/more possible sheeping).
Says we are the possible 3 scum (I'm unfamiliar with these minis and their setups, so... are there usually 3 scum or is it usually random or what?). Votes me, saying my last few posts are incredibly scummy.
Those are the points he made that I believe where he tries to link vezo's behavior as scummy.
Notice the bolded parts. In every one of those, except his points on ISO 11, he gives himself an out. Look at the wording "I think...but call it null' - 'seems like..but give benefit of the doubt' - 'possibly true or....' - 'again possible...is unlikely'. No matter what vezo's alignment turns out to be, he's given himself an out on all major points. "See, I told he was scum" or "I said right here in the game that I thought I could be wrong"

Then there is his point on ISO 4, giving vezo the benefit of the doubt on sheeping. Then in his commentary between his points on ISO 5/6 and ISO 7 he throws this in:
Tasky wrote:....If he really agreed with Oso and wasn't just sheeping,...
I thought he was giving vezo the benefit of the doubt there about vezo following me off the Tasky vote? But look at his words in his point on ISO 11 "...which was already mentioned mutiple times...more sheeping?" To me, it is obviously he just threw that whole giving vezo the benefit of the doubt into his first point about sheeping so he could be seen as making a fair assessment of vezo's play so far. He certainly didn't give vezo the benefit of the doubt on anything it seems.

He started off good by going after vezo for an emerging pattern that may have well had merit. He ended by being so eager to pile every little piece of crap he could find onto vezo that he become scummy in my eyes no matter if the original thought might have had some merit to it. His post I have quoted above is a post that is meant to lynch a player. Not scummy at all doing that, but because of the way he gave himself an out on the major points of his argument to avoid consequences if vezo flips town or take a major portion of the credit if vezo flips scum, makes this into a post that only scum would use. Either to kill a townie with deniability or get credit for a bussing.

My vote is already on KageLord and there it will stay. We have nine days to deadline so there is plenty of time so I urge all of you to read what he has said so far in Isolation and then in context and see what you think.

I will say this right out. This post is meant to get KageLord lynched. He's the lynch for the day in my opinion.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by KageLord »

Oso wrote: Those are the points he made that I believe where he tries to link vezo's behavior as scummy.
Notice the bolded parts. In every one of those, except his points on ISO 11, he gives himself an out. Look at the wording "I think...but call it null' - 'seems like..but give benefit of the doubt' - 'possibly true or....' - 'again possible...is unlikely'. No matter what vezo's alignment turns out to be, he's given himself an out on all major points. "See, I told he was scum" or "I said right here in the game that I thought I could be wrong"
Looking back on the wording you mention, you are correct that I seem unsure of myself quite a bit. But, there is (I believe) a good reason for that. The reason is that I
am
unsure. I know most scumhunters like to make themselves out to be completely confident in their cases, but I just don't do that when I'm not 95% or more sure. With vezo, I'm more like 80% sure, but he seems to be the lead candidate to me so far. I'm not purposely wording it like that to give myself an out. If he is lynched and he flips town, you can consider me completely wrong as if I said I was 100% sure. Sound good?

If you really want to see if that is really my playstyle or not, Newbie 937 is a finished game where I was town and you can see that I was quite hesitant there too, even when I really thought I had something. In fact, if anything, that game might have made me even more hesitant considering how it was ending with me suspecting the wrong person going into the final 3.
Oso wrote:Then there is his point on ISO 4, giving vezo the benefit of the doubt on sheeping. Then in his commentary between his points on ISO 5/6 and ISO 7 he throws this in:
Tasky wrote:....If he really agreed with Oso and wasn't just sheeping,...
I thought he was giving vezo the benefit of the doubt there about vezo following me off the Tasky vote? But look at his words in his point on ISO 11 "...which was already mentioned mutiple times...more sheeping?" To me, it is obviously he just threw that whole giving vezo the benefit of the doubt into his first point about sheeping so he could be seen as making a fair assessment of vezo's play so far. He certainly didn't give vezo the benefit of the doubt on anything it seems.
First of all, "Tasky"? I think you're getting the wagonees a bit mixed up.

To answer this questioning, for me, the "benefit of the doubt" means that I won't assume the worst, but it doesn't mean I'm going to sweep it under the rug either. And, that benefit of the doubt was only given for the first instance. For example, if a player in the World Cup performed what may be considered a purposeful late tackle but not certainly one, the official might not give a yellow card for it, giving the player the benefit of the doubt and assuming he did it on accident. If the same player seems to do it again, will the official act as if the first one never happened and act as if this was the first time? That is highly unlikely. It is likely that he will recall the first incident and, seeing it's similar to this one, give a yellow card this time (and if it happens again, it becomes two yellows or red). Well, in our game, the offense seemed to happen 3 times (not including the possible SSBF one). He had already received his "yellow", but that doesn't seem to stop him from doing it again in ISO 11, earning a "red".

Sorry if that analogy just seems completely stupid to any of you. It makes sense in my head. What I'm basically saying is that even though something is given the benefit of the doubt, if similar things happen again (and again), that first offense can be looked at again and that benefit can be revoked.
Oso wrote:He started off good by going after vezo for an emerging pattern that may have well had merit. He ended by being so eager to pile every little piece of crap he could find onto vezo that he become scummy in my eyes no matter if the original thought might have had some merit to it. His post I have quoted above is a post that is meant to lynch a player. Not scummy at all doing that, but because of the way he gave himself an out on the major points of his argument to avoid consequences if vezo flips town or take a major portion of the credit if vezo flips scum, makes this into a post that only scum would use. Either to kill a townie with deniability or get credit for a bussing.

My vote is already on KageLord and there it will stay. We have nine days to deadline so there is plenty of time so I urge all of you to read what he has said so far in Isolation and then in context and see what you think.

I will say this right out. This post is meant to get KageLord lynched. He's the lynch for the day in my opinion.
So again, if vezo is lynched and by some strange twist flips town, I don't (and didn't) want to use those words for deniability. Treat it as if I was sure and using the same conviction as Oso here. Now, I have a couple things I want to clear up about Oso, but I want to make it clear that I would rather see vezo lynched today than anyone else so far, unless Oso can't come up with anything reasonable against what I say (which I think is unlikely). But, if vezo is lynched (today or ever) and flips scum, I'm (if I'm still alive, that is) going to be looking very closely into Oso for possible Chainsaw Defense (note: he can't really be considered for CD right now since vezo hasn't flipped yet, but this is just thoughts for a possible future).
This just screams "scum" to me. I would care if anyone is town or scum at any point in a game. Even if I'm in the heat of going after someone I believe to be scum, if I find someone else that is even more likely to be scum (I know this hasn't been proven about vezo to Oso's satisfaction, but saying you don't care...), I'll drop my current case for the moment and nab the new one. Saying that you don't care if someone is scum does not seem town to me at all.

Now, Oso, one thing that I am wondering about is why you put Tasky in the town category, even though you pretty much say that you think he has been doing things entirely wrong but with no maliciousness, yet you find maliciousness in my case or method against vezo. Is it just the part about me using words of uncertainty or is it to do with my previous assertion about the 6 minutes thing? Either way, it could be that they made you think my play style was flawed or my logic on some points was weak (or downright non-existent), but I can't see why it would necessarily be "malicious". And, for the record, Tasky is in my town pile as well and has been for most of the game.

Also, vezo, I would like to see you answer the points I mentioned in my post of your ISOs, please. I want to see your answers to all of them, but I am especially anxious to see the answer to the point mentioned between ISO 5/6 and ISO 7 about what looks like backpedaling on Tasky, which was originally brought up by Friend but never answered by you.

And as an extra little bit to add to my case against vezo that I just noticed is that diddin also gave Tasky the famous "noob pass" in post 99, just after Friend's point about the backpedaling, but this was never mentioned by vezo. I would think that if vezo was really suspicious of these noob passes, vezo would have said something to/about diddin. In post 92, vezo had just said he suspected Friend and Tasky of being scum buddies after Friend gave Tasky a noob pass (still not sure why vezo still suspected Tasky). Why would vezo not also suspect diddin for the same thing?
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by Oso »

Yes, before I even read the rest of your post past that point, you are right. I put the Quote but there where It says "Tasky" and should say "KageLord" my bad there. All those quotes in my post are yours.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by Oso »

The point where I say you are leaving yourself an out and you counter that you are just showing uncertainty, sorry, I have found it to be a reliable scumtell.

As to Tasky, he and you are quite a bit different as while I may not agree with his style of play and methodology, I just don't see him as malicious (and by that I mean blatant scum behavior) at the moment. I do see your attack on vezo as malicious for the reasons stated in Post #191 and the post where I voted you.

As to why I don't care if vezo is scum or town now? Because I don't. Whatever his alignment is, I believe that his drawing a lot of heat, whether he intended to or not, has exposed scum. Namely you. If you get lynched and I am proved right, then I have no problem seeing if it can be done again tomorrow using vezo and I still won't care what alignment he is. If the conversation surrounding vezo keeps drawing out scum, I'm in favor of keeping him around until it doesn't. Then I'll consider looking at his alignment.
-
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:09 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

The sheeping point is useless. Yes I agreed with Oso. I nearly had the same thing in mind but because he posted that before me I just barned it. The six minute difference is not that much. Yeah I used noob pass. I heard it so many times that it's the only word I use for describing that. I scum hunt very weird and change my opinion quickly.

Don't know what to say more.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:53 am

Post by KageLord »

Oso wrote:The point where I say you are leaving yourself an out and you counter that you are just showing uncertainty, sorry, I have found it to be a reliable scumtell.

As to Tasky, he and you are quite a bit different as while I may not agree with his style of play and methodology, I just don't see him as malicious (and by that I mean blatant scum behavior) at the moment. I do see your attack on vezo as malicious for the reasons stated in Post #191 and the post where I voted you.

As to why I don't care if vezo is scum or town now? Because I don't. Whatever his alignment is, I believe that his drawing a lot of heat, whether he intended to or not, has exposed scum. Namely you. If you get lynched and I am proved right, then I have no problem seeing if it can be done again tomorrow using vezo and I still won't care what alignment he is. If the conversation surrounding vezo keeps drawing out scum, I'm in favor of keeping him around until it doesn't. Then I'll consider looking at his alignment.
Well, not sure what I can say about the first thing. I can't really tell you to stop thinking something is a scumtell. If the meta doesn't change your thoughts about that at all, I guess I can't say anything more about that.

The last part still seems like something scum might say to me. Even if you somehow honestly believe that people suspecting vezo will out themselves as scum so it's useful to keep him around, you should obviously still care if he's scum or not. I can understand from what you said here why you might not want to lynch vezo, but remaining ignorant to someone's alignment
never
seems like something a townie would want.
vezokpiraka wrote:I scum hunt very weird and change my opinion quickly.
Is that your defense to your alleged backpedaling on Tasky?
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:57 am

Post by totallynotmafia »

Vote count 1.5

Oso (0)
Tasky (1) Super Smash Bros. Fan
KageLord (3) Oso, vezokpiraka, q21
Friend (1) jayfl383
q21 (0)
jayfl383 (0)
xvart (1) ChibiSanNub
quadz08 (0)
diddin (0)
vezokpiraka (4) Tasky, Friend, KageLord, quadz08
ChibiSanNub (0)
Super Smash Bros. Fan (1) diddin

Not voting: xvart

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Deadline is July 21, 10:30 AM (GMT + 10:00).

Tasky has stated that he will be v/la for 16 days, and seeing as the deadline for one game day is 14 days he will miss out on a significant portion of the game, so I've decided it's up to you guys whether you're happy to have him remain in the game or if you would rather him be replaced.

Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:07 am

Post by Tasky »

I agree with the first part of Oso's case against KageLord... I think the time discrepancy is a really worthless argument
I like this post

but...
Oso wrote:His post I have quoted above is a post that is meant to lynch a player. Not scummy at all doing that, but because of the way he gave himself an out on the major points of his argument to avoid consequences if vezo flips town or take a major portion of the credit if vezo flips scum, makes this into a post that only scum would use. Either to kill a townie with deniability or get credit for a bussing.
here your logic is faulty, Oso:
you are assuming that KageLord is keeping himself outs for both scenarios (vezo flipping scum/vezo flipping town)
assume KageLord is scum... he would then know whether vezo is scum or not... so he would not need to give himself possible outs since he could play just in the right way without having to keep the two possibilities open...
this is not saying that KL can't be scum, maybe he is, but if he is, for other reasons...
KageLord wrote:The last part still seems like something scum might say to me. Even if you somehow honestly believe that people suspecting vezo will out themselves as scum so it's useful to keep him around, you should obviously still care if he's scum or not. I can understand from what you said here why you might not want to lynch vezo, but remaining ignorant to someone's alignment
never
seems like something a townie would want.
I have to agree on this point

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_
totallynotmafia wrote:Tasky has stated that he will be v/la for 16 days, and seeing as the deadline for one game day is 14 days he will miss out on a significant portion of the game, so I've decided it's up to you guys whether you're happy to have him remain in the game or if you would rather him be replaced.
I don't know whether I will be able to get an internet connection in the place I'll going... if I am, then I could post sometimes (not often, but every two or three days)...
I'd make a proposal, you wait to replace me until the 20th and if I haven't posted until then it means I have no internet and if the other players want it, you can replace me at that point...

Yep okay, that sounds good. Another possible option is if you know of someone who might be willing to replace you just while you're away (kind of acting like a fill-in), I think that would be okay.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:08 am

Post by Oso »

Tasky wrote:here your logic is faulty, Oso:
you are assuming that KageLord is keeping himself outs for both scenarios (vezo flipping scum/vezo flipping town)
assume KageLord is scum... he would then know whether vezo is scum or not... so he would not need to give himself possible outs since he could play just in the right way without having to keep the two possibilities open...
this is not saying that KL can't be scum, maybe he is, but if he is, for other reasons...
Not faulty (at least I hopes it's not), although I do have to admit it does seem that way on first blush. That is because I have put a fair dose of reasoning that has nothing really to do with logic in there and inferred a few things, one of which directly relates to why I'm not all that worried about vezo right now.

So I'll try to lay it out as completely as I can without using a wall.

1 - First twitch, KL votes vezo on something that may be legitimate but adds a secondary, supporting reason that, at least in my opinion, isn't used by town to support a case. Basing an in-game scumcall on out of game reasoning.

2 - Then the post I picked apart. The way it's laid out does allow him deniability and credit no matter which way vezo flips. I'll admit right here that does point at him being town if you are going to give him(KageLord) the benefit and go ahead and say he is unsure town. He thinks vezo may be scum but has indicated he's not sure. If this is the case and he flips town and/or vezo flips scum and I'm still alive, then KageLord has an excellent point and I'm going to have a lot of 'splainin to do.

2A - The flip side of that is if he is doing it as scum (my current thinking) any attack he makes will have some sort of an out if he knows the person he is attacking is town. It will be either in the attack posts themselves or based on blaming the play of the person being attacked in a post-lynch blame fest. You were right though, bussing doesn't require the attacker being unsure so my argument may fail in your eyes on that point alone. But it does help loads when the inevitable accusations of bussing come up post-lynch.

@All players: So wrap up now. KL used a scumcall in the beginning of his case on vezo that not only invalidated KLs attack in my eyes but triggered the scumdar as well. His continued attacked on vezo unfolded pretty much in same general way I have seen it happen before if he were indeed scum. The way he did it makes me think he isn't bussing though. He picked the weakest townie he could make any sort of case on at all and pushed it for all it was worth.

Is there a flaw in my case, getting back to Tasky's question? Yes, I could be wrong. I may have assigned wrong motivations where I shouldn't have or made assumptions where I shouldn't have. Occupational Hazard of Mafia and usually a fatal as well.
-

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”