He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:20 am

Post by AurorusVox »

ConfidAnon wrote:Also, not liking how
four
people converged on Adrien (XScorpion, nocase, Budja, AV) within the same time frame. Smells a little fishy.
Are you suggesting there are actually four scum in this setup? (of course you aren't, I jest) How many scum do you think are in that list of four that you've identified?

But seriously, I don't think it's odd that we've all started picking up on AC. After all, due to his somewhat-lurky behaviour, I had been getting a neutral vibe from him because he hadn't really been posting much, in the way of townie or scummy posts. But his recent post with the unvoting was a tad suspect, and that caused me to pay more attention to him. I understand that you think my vote might be harsh based on his unvoting of Budja, but as I said to XS, it was that combined with an uneasy feeling from the rest of his post (especially his desire to vote for one of Beefster or XScorpion, without actually making an effort to get any reads on them)

Also, yes, I acknowledge that it can just be a mistake on his part, in which he thought that he had already voted, but even given this, why did he feel the need to clarify who he was unvoting? It seemed like he wanted to point out who he was allegedly voting, as though, perhaps, he had realised that he hadn't voted Budja and wanted to pull the wool over our eyes. I know that I didn't realise his vote was elsewhere until I ISO'd him recently.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Beefster »

nocase wrote:
Adrien C wrote:I'm in too many games and it's affecting my performance here. I'm replacing out.
coward.
This just seems odd to me- attacking him over replacing out? It happens.

ConfidAnon wrote:Also nocase . . . I am nadroj15.
i know who you are, son. :P
beefster wrote:Lately, nocase has given me bad vibes. He seems kinda... manipulative.
wow, i've never been called manipulative before. do you mind if i quote that? sort of cool.
Sure, g'head. I still find you suspicious, though. :P

He's not very good about his reasoning
really? where?
everywhere. I'll answer this better next time I post.

he baits scumhunting in a really subtle way
subtle? i'm even more pleased. i never considered subtlety my forte. i don't see how i was being subtle, either, but i'll take it for what it works. thanks, bud.
hiding something?

by trying to look like he's contributing to the discussion
i always contribute.
Eh. I worded it wrong. You're contributing to the conversation, but not the discussion. (if that makes any sense)

It's like he's an IC in a newbie game who uses his IC status to hide his role.
lolwut?
See my newbie game where I played as scum with Oman. He was accused of doing it...

you seem to have a fundamental misconception about my convo with xscorpion. i'm not trying to appear to be coaxing him into hunting scum. i'm demonstrating that he's not reacting to things in a way that a townie with a vested interest in hunting scum ought to. i'd hoped you might perceive on your own, but regardless - if i had explicitly pointed it out earlier then i wouldn't have gained the fruit of the extended convo, which is this: i repeatedly prodded xscorpion for a stance on adrien c's alignment based on adrien's recent maneuver (which xscorpion even interpreted as "getting other people to scumhunt for him"), and xscorpion repeatedly refused to give one. he didn't interpret adrien as being scum, or "lazy" scum, or town, or "lazy" town. he didn't even make it clear that the whole thing was a null tell. nope. he just concluded adrien a lazy bastard, which on its own is a thousand percent irrelevant to adrien's alignment.
I'm really not a fan of this defense from 2 pages back. See italicized notes.
In general, it seems like nocase is trying to defend himself without looking like it's even a problem. It's like he was expecting suspicion on him or something.

Aside from that, I see his point on XS.

As for Budja, short day 1s are BAAD- as it's when the base of all evidence from everyone comes out. After that, day length becomes more and more trivial. We lynch when we feel ready. Consider yourself at the top of my scumlist, along with nocase.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:14 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

XScorpion, 275 wrote:Since when was I voting Adrien?
At the top of the page you voted for him. You are now on Budja, true, but you were one of the four AC votes on the page.
AV, 276 wrote:Are you suggesting there are actually four scum in this setup? (of course you aren't, I jest) How many scum do you think are in that list of four that you've identified?

But seriously, I don't think it's odd that we've all started picking up on AC. After all, due to his somewhat-lurky behaviour, I had been getting a neutral vibe from him because he hadn't really been posting much, in the way of townie or scummy posts. But his recent post with the unvoting was a tad suspect, and that caused me to pay more attention to him. I understand that you think my vote might be harsh based on his unvoting of Budja, but as I said to XS, it was that combined with an uneasy feeling from the rest of his post (especially his desire to vote for one of Beefster or XScorpion, without actually making an effort to get any reads on them)

Also, yes, I acknowledge that it can just be a mistake on his part, in which he thought that he had already voted, but even given this, why did he feel the need to clarify who he was unvoting? It seemed like he wanted to point out who he was allegedly voting, as though, perhaps, he had realised that he hadn't voted Budja and wanted to pull the wool over our eyes. I know that I didn't realise his vote was elsewhere until I ISO'd him recently.
No way I would suggest four scum. I wouldn't be surprised for there to be one scum (at least, but probably not more than one) in the group.
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:43 am

Post by nocase »

AurorusVox wrote:why did he feel the need to clarify who he was unvoting? It seemed like he wanted to point out who he was allegedly voting, as though, perhaps, he had realised that he hadn't voted Budja and wanted to pull the wool over our eyes.
okay, sigmund freud.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:47 am

Post by AurorusVox »

ConfidAnon, XS has barely even mentioned Adrien C in this game so far, let alone voted for him...
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:10 am

Post by XScorpion »

At the top of the page you voted for him. You are now on Budja, true, but you were one of the four AC votes on the page.
...what game are you playing?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:43 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

My bad.

I got nocase's vote mixed up with his avatar.

Sorry.

:x
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:45 am

Post by XScorpion »

Still think there is at least one scum amongst that group of THREE?
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:51 am

Post by nocase »

hey beefster, look, xscorpion is ostensibly coaxing confidanon into scum-hunting. aren't you gonna fos xscorpion like you fosed me?
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:55 am

Post by XScorpion »

He Fos'd me a while back. Pay attention.
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:55 am

Post by nocase »

sorry, fos you for that specific misstep.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

XScorpion, 283 wrote:Still think there is at least one scum amongst that group of THREE?
Given the individuals in it, yes, although not as likely as before.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

ConfidAnon wrote:
XScorpion, 283 wrote:Still think there is at least one scum amongst that group of THREE?
Given the individuals in it, yes, although not as likely as before.
-What has made it less likely that there are scum in that group than before?
-You said that you thought there was probably only one, even when the group consisted of four players. This would assume that three players are town who have been convinced to vote for another town aligned player. Isn't it more likely that just two town players would be convinced to mislynch, as opposed to three making this mistake?
-Do you think that the votes on Adrien are because of a particular player's arguments, or because of Adrien's actions themselves?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Budja »

@d3x, the Beefy wagon was being abandoned. nocase had just voted Adrian. If you want to push a wagon onto Beefy instead, I won't object.

@Confid, when people are scummy, they get votes. Wagoning
is
good (@Xscorp, within reason).
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by nocase »

Beefster wrote:
nocase wrote:
Adrien C wrote:I'm in too many games and it's affecting my performance here. I'm replacing out.
coward.
that post was hardly serious. you should have the mental capacity to grasp as much. if you don't then i don't know how you even made it here in the first place. no offense, sir.
answer it now, whelp. stop ducking and dodging and procrastinating. if you are not going to intelligently answer the questions directed toward you then do not answer at all. likewise, if you are not going to intelligently post then do not post at all.
hiding something?
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sarcasm - educate yourself.
Eh. I worded it wrong. You're contributing to the conversation, but not the discussion. (if that makes any sense)
i have a vested disinterest in theory bs half the players here are wading into and i have an even more vested disinterest in the vacuous "discussion" you specifically have partaken in. i am producing game-relevant content and i am hunting scum. the two go hand in hand. i'm satisfied with it. if you're not then you should take a long hard look at your own output. it does not impress.
See my newbie game where I played as scum with Oman. He was accused of doing it...
wow.

1. this is not a newbie game.
2. as such, there are no ics.
3. non-newbie games are a notch above newbie games.
4. i am not oman. i do not commit the same standard scum tells as him - as if there are any consistent standard scum tells to speak of in the first place. if you want to treat your games like newbie games then go back to the newbie queue.
you ignored the bulk of my defense. awesome mode of argument, bud.
In general, it seems like nocase is trying to defend himself without looking like it's even a problem. It's like he was expecting suspicion on him or something.
you had JUST fosed me. there's no expectation involved. jesus christ.
oh? that's it? lol. go-go gadget laziness.

adrien was a shred ahead of you on my hit list, but this is beyond insufferable. your logic sucks, your lazy show of scum hunting bleeds through every pore of your existence, you dodge very basic questions, and your attempts to cover up your lack of reasoning with rhetoric induce headaches.
unvote. vote: beefster.
get lynched please.
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by nocase »

shit quoting is shit. you get the idea.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:33 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

AV, 288 wrote:-What has made it less likely that there are scum in that group than before?
-You said that you thought there was probably only one, even when the group consisted of four players. This would assume that three players are town who have been convinced to vote for another town aligned player. Isn't it more likely that just two town players would be convinced to mislynch, as opposed to three making this mistake?
-Do you think that the votes on Adrien are because of a particular player's arguments, or because of Adrien's actions themselves?
-Pure numbers, nothing more.
-I said probably at least one, because I have some suspicion of both nocase and Budja.
-It could be both. A mafioso won't needlessly bandwagon unless the player has given them reasons to be bandwagoned. The votes themselves are a null-tell, but as I said, I am already suspicions of nocase and Budja.
Budja, 289 wrote:Wagoning is good (@Xscorp, within reason).
I agree, but it can still be a scumtell.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:43 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Vote Count #7

Adrien C (2) - Budja, AurousVox
AurorusVox (0) -
Beefster (2) - Col.Cathart, nocase
Budja (1) - XScorpion
Col.Cathart (0) -
ConfidAnon (0) -
d3x (0) -
nocase (2) - Beefster, ConfidAnon
XScorpion (1) - d3x

Not Voting (1)- Adrien C

With 9 players alive it takes 5 to lynch.

I am looking for a replacement for Adrien C

Deadline is July 30 ~12 pm EDT
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Beefster »

@nocase: here's where you lack reasoning. I'm a procrastinator. Get used to it.
ISO0, I presume RVS. No reason, not even a BS reason.
ISO4, you say no to the Earl massclaim. which would be fine if you put down a reason even as simple as "it benefits scum more than town"
ISO9, you state that there is a difference between scummy and anti-town, but don't go into any detail on your definition. It wasn't until later, when
someone else
defined it by his definition.
ISO21: BS reason. You don't even point out anything specific in the previous posts which you seem to imply as references.
ISO25: saying something is dumb isn't good enough for me.
ISO26: HYPOCRISY! I don't see YOU being very specific, just concise.
ISO28, you point the finger at Adrien C for not knowing who to target and don't explain WHY you find it to be scummy.
ISO33: I still feel that at this point, you have failed to adequately explain why, specifically, you're voting on XS and why you want votes on him so badly.

A'ight. That covers it for now. I'll be back in a bit to defend myself on your biggest post thus far.

About the IC thing... I know this isn't a newbie game, but you don't have to troll me for it. The IC explanation was the best way I could explain it, despite the fact that you have no status to hide behind. You still seem to exhibit a similar behavior, but in a more concise form.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:55 am

Post by Beefster »

nocase wrote:
coward.

that post was hardly serious. you should have the mental capacity to grasp as much. if you don't then i don't know how you even made it here in the first place. no offense, sir.
I can't read your mind and sarcasm is nigh impossible to detect on the internet.

answer it now, whelp. stop ducking and dodging and procrastinating. if you are not going to intelligently answer the questions directed toward you then do not answer at all. likewise, if you are not going to intelligently post then do not post at all.
Nah. I just didn't feel like opening an ISO tab at the time to take a closer look. I kept to my word, didn't I.

hiding something?
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sarcasm - educate yourself.
Seeing as sarcasm DOESN'T work over the internet, you could at least use a :P

i have a vested disinterest in theory bs half the players here are wading into and i have an even more vested disinterest in the vacuous "discussion" you specifically have partaken in. i am producing game-relevant content and i am hunting scum. the two go hand in hand. i'm satisfied with it. if you're not then you should take a long hard look at your own output. it does not impress.
evidence?

wow.

1. this is not a newbie game.
2. as such, there are no ics.
3. non-newbie games are a notch above newbie games.
4. i am not oman. i do not commit the same standard scum tells as him - as if there are any consistent standard scum tells to speak of in the first place. if you want to treat your games like newbie games then go back to the newbie queue.

Dude! Back off with the trolling! Newbie games usually have shorter waits, and thus I have a lot more of them under my belt. It was merely an analogy to try to explain why I find your behavior suspicious. *COUGH* Chainsaw Defense *COUGH*

you ignored the bulk of my defense. awesome mode of argument, bud.
I always do that. I don't have the time to go through every point, especially points I find to be nulltells.

you had JUST fosed me. there's no expectation involved. jesus christ.
I coulda sworn I had a VOTE on you...

oh? that's it? lol. go-go gadget laziness.
In that post, I was focusing on attacking YOUR defense. I generally like to show both sides of every argument, despite only representing one. (I give representation most of the effort, and a small amount of effort goes to simply showing the other side.)

adrien was a shred ahead of you on my hit list, but this is beyond insufferable. your logic sucks, your lazy show of scum hunting bleeds through every pore of your existence, you dodge very basic questions,
Examples please.
and your attempts to cover up your
lack of reasoning
with rhetoric induce headaches.
unvote. vote: beefster.
get lynched please.
HYPOCRISY!
confirm vote: nocase
Get to know a meat boy
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Rhinox replaces Adrien C effective immediately
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:13 am

Post by d3x »

My skim tells me that I'm still ok with Beefy and/or XS getting the rope.

These last couple days have been busier than anticipated. I'll hopefully be able to post in the next day or so. Sorry guys.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by Rhinox »

hello all. replacing in and need to get caught up. Just stopping by to say hello and I'm starting to read up.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Rhinox wrote:hello all. replacing in and need to get caught up. Just stopping by to say hello and I'm starting to read up.
Oh hai.

So this game is like . . . . retro reunion for me.

Return to “Completed Open Games”