Mini 1012: Mafia In Soraville (Game Over!)

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:07 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

TheLonging wrote:We Made You by Eminem. Listening to Recovery, so amazing. Maybe we could lynch DH while I'm listening to it

You're saying how scummy I am, yet you're voting for Pie.

:?
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:20 am

Post by TheLonging »

Because a DH bandwagon will never take off again. I might as well join the bandwagon. If you insist though.

Unvote

Vote: DemonHybrid
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:21 am

Post by TheLonging »

Also is there anything in my response to Pie you find scummy?
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:32 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Yeah, actually, your mentioning of SHM3 and then talking about how meta's useless later on in the post. Talking about how I could be Godfather IS setup speculation, even if you include my play within. Otherwise, it's all valid.

And thanks for voting me (your scummiest suspicion) after I called you out on it (you not voting for said scummiest suspicion). That's definitely not weird in the least. Nope. Not at all. At least I gave a reason with Kov. Your vote for IP was just "JGIOAJGIOSHAUITHWIOTHUI FINE I'LL VOTE FOR THE BANDWAGON", which.....damn, it's just too easy.

You want this one.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:37 am

Post by ready2rock »

Right now, I think that one of {TL, pie, DH} is scum. Right now I'm leaning towards DH, but I'm not sure.

Also, Fugi's meta is very simple and can be tested. Townfugi dies night 1 and scumfugi doesn't.
DemonHybrid wrote:
Friend wrote:Well what
would
you do with them?

I'm intrigued by the solid town read on Jack, DH.
I just have a good feeling about him. He's staying out of the way, yet contributing just enough to keep discussion going geared towards hunting scum. He seems to know what he's doing and has a plan, and although if you take his posts at face value and see them as anti-town, you'd be missing the point of his play. Also, none of these reads would be possible without him. I think he's doing exactly what a townie should do. Compared to Kov and r2r, who post when called out solely + making weak contributions and then melting away. They're afraid to challenge whereas Jack's been pretty ballsy with his logic challenges. Jack is fine this game. Those bothered by him are scummy/newtown.
1. Jack is much more experienced than me or, from the looks of it, Kov. I know that, at this point, I wouldn't have the guts to do what he did at the beginning of the game.

2. The reason I'm bothered by him is that there isn't any way to tell whether he is town or scum because he posts so little. You can't honestly tell me that you have a solid read on him at this point.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:40 am

Post by TheLonging »

The SHM3 comment was for my vote at the start of the game. It was sort of RVS sort of not. Meta by itself is useless. I don't need to give a reason for my votes Demon. I THOUGHT YOU WERE SUSPICIOUS THE WHOLE FUCKING GAME FROM THE MOMENT I SPECULATED, I ONLY SWITCHED TO PIE BECAUSE A DH BANDWAGON WON'T TAKE OFF, AND I SWITCHED BACK TO YOU BECAUSE YOU INSISTED SO NICELY. IS THIS AN OVERREACTION? YOU BET YOUR ASS IT IS. DO I GIVE A SHIT? NOPE.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:42 am

Post by TheLonging »

r2r: That's absolute bullshit. It's not always the case, so if you make that part of your case, I'll do everything in my power to make sure you get slapped.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:01 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

ready2rock wrote:Right now, I think that one of {TL, pie, DH} is scum. Right now I'm leaning towards DH, but I'm not sure.

Also, Fugi's meta is very simple and can be tested. Townfugi dies night 1 and scumfugi doesn't.
DemonHybrid wrote:
Friend wrote:Well what
would
you do with them?

I'm intrigued by the solid town read on Jack, DH.
I just have a good feeling about him. He's staying out of the way, yet contributing just enough to keep discussion going geared towards hunting scum. He seems to know what he's doing and has a plan, and although if you take his posts at face value and see them as anti-town, you'd be missing the point of his play. Also, none of these reads would be possible without him. I think he's doing exactly what a townie should do. Compared to Kov and r2r, who post when called out solely + making weak contributions and then melting away. They're afraid to challenge whereas Jack's been pretty ballsy with his logic challenges. Jack is fine this game. Those bothered by him are scummy/newtown.
1. Jack is much more experienced than me or, from the looks of it, Kov. I know that, at this point, I wouldn't have the guts to do what he did at the beginning of the game.

2. The reason I'm bothered by him is that there isn't any way to tell whether he is town or scum because he posts so little. You can't honestly tell me that you have a solid read on him at this point.
1. I have no clue if this is a joke or not, and I hope it is.

Your 1. Is that because you have something to hide? Townies should have -nothing- to hide. Why is it a matter of whether you have the "guts" or not to do something?

Your 2. Even a man of few words can portray a lot. Yes. I have a solid town read on him. But then again, having a solid read on anyone at this point is probably weird for you, since you can't make up your mind for who to vote for. I don't believe that you take -such- a long time to come up with a decision. It's page 14. You're probably just frightened of being put under pressure.

You want this one.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:22 am

Post by ready2rock »

1. Yes, it was a joke.
2. Generally, with experience comes confidence. When you're less experienced at something, you are slightly more hesitant to do something different because you're afraid that it might be way off base from what you're supposed to do and that people might be suspicious of you for it. That's what I meant by the fact that I didn't have the guts.

@TL: It won't be a main point in my case, it's just what I think based off of how much finger pointing is happening. I think that you all have done at least 1 thing that is scummy, so each of you has a point in your case. I'm not just saying that because "odds are that at least one of the top 3 suspicions of the town are scum" because I know that's not true.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:51 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

ready2rock wrote: 2. Generally, with experience comes confidence. When you're less experienced at something, you are slightly more hesitant to do something different because you're afraid that it might be way off base from what you're supposed to do and that people might be suspicious of you for it. That's what I meant by the fact that I didn't have the guts.
Seriously, there is a lot of "woooooooosh over your head" this game with a lot of you guys...

What I'm saying is that if you're town, there should be no reason to be worried to have suspicion OR votes on you at any time unless it's a LyLo situation. Scum should be worried about being voted.

You want this one.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:57 am

Post by TheLonging »

I'm not worried. I don't even really care. I can welcome a BW on me, but what pisses me off is that if the trumpeta~ player on it continues to toot her own trumpet (none of you get this reference) I will e-kick that player in the balls
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:23 am

Post by Friend »

r2r, can you just make up your mind already? Why are you leaning towards DHscum? Seems to me you picked the three players people are calling scummy and stuck them in a nice little bracket. Other than that, you've done NOTHING.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:44 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

r2r, you just replaced TL on my list.

Scum from least scummy to scummiest:

Kov
TL
r2r
IP

Before you say that this is OMGUS, remember that you were neutral-scummy even when you started suspecting me.

You want this one.
ManfredvonKarma
ManfredvonKarma
Townie
ManfredvonKarma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:49 am

Post by ManfredvonKarma »

Unvote, Request Replacement.

Failed comeback into forum mafia is failed.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:20 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Demon: Okay, so Kov is lurky and fencesitting. We agree on this. I don't get why it's so bad that I agree with you on something. Especially since Kov hasn't made a ton of posts either, so it's hard to offer original views. There are people on my wagon who have gone along with views of the others, do you suspect them a bit?

Post 347: TL admits to using "he's good as scum so let's lynch him" logic (I forget the fallacy name here). Also, that We Made You parody made ME feel embarrassed. =/

355: blatant bandwagon admission again, as well as overreacting (dur). Can't we lynch him up?

Everyone on my wagon should restate their reasons for voting me, so I can clear some things up. Please?
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:24 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Fugi: Pretend that I'm not in this game for just one post (ex. don't use "connections" to me as reasoning). Who are your other top suspects?
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:24 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

InflatablePie wrote:Demon: Okay, so Kov is lurky and fencesitting. We agree on this. I don't get why it's so bad that I agree with you on something. Especially since Kov hasn't made a ton of posts either, so it's hard to offer original views. There are people on my wagon who have gone along with views of the others, do you suspect them a bit?
It's not....except for the fact that no one said anything about Kov until I voted for him and gave reasons why. And only you did. Everyone else "finds him neutral", I guess.

And not really. If you find specific examples, I can comment on them. However, it was the timing of your Kov suspicion that really irked me.

You want this one.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:34 am

Post by ready2rock »

@DH: You missed my original point, which was that Jack is more experienced than I am, and is therefore more confident than I am. You took that to mean that I "have something to hide".

On your point, we had this debate in SHM3 with METALfootball, and I'm starting to agree with him to an extent. You people all seem to think that the town answer to a wagon is to not care about it, or that you should somehow not defend yourself against suspicions because "only scum care about getting lynched". I don't agree that town should prevent their lynch just as much as scum should, but I do agree that allowing a mislynch because it's the "town thing to do" is against your win condition.

@Friend: He seems to hop on the largest bandwagon and seems to be calling everyone scum.
Pie
me
Kov
Friend
TheLonging
esuriospiritus

It just seems like he's pointing fingers around for the sake of looking more pro-town.

...Oh, and this post:
DemonHybrid wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:Well, he's L-2. We can wait for a claim or just go for it with the information we have.
EBWOP: Think of it this way:

If Pie flips town, that's one mislynch (which happens nearly all the time anyway on D1). If he flips scum, that's one nearly-guaranteed scum in Kov who weakly slithered his way out of the conversation, and a big suspicion in TL who cracked and voted IP out of pressure, and that's a LOT to gain on Day 1 with such a small risk.
As was said earlier on the page:
esuriospiritus wrote:scum want town to end day 1 with as little information and reads as possible
He also says his scummiest read is Pie when (from the looks of it), all he did was voice his suspicion of Jack (something to note if DH flips scum, maybe they planned the whole RVS thing in the QT?).

I like my case on DH, so I'll go ahead and VOTE: DemonHybrid.

By the way, I'm still waiting for the case on Pie as I still don't see it.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:58 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

ready2rock wrote:
@DH: You missed my original point, which was that Jack is more experienced than I am, and is therefore more confident than I am. You took that to mean that I "have something to hide".

On your point, we had this debate in SHM3 with METALfootball, and I'm starting to agree with him to an extent. You people all seem to think that the town answer to a wagon is to not care about it, or that you should somehow not defend yourself against suspicions because "only scum care about getting lynched". I don't agree that town should prevent their lynch just as much as scum should, but I do agree that allowing a mislynch because it's the "town thing to do" is against your win condition.

@Friend: He seems to hop on the largest bandwagon and seems to be calling everyone scum.
Pie
me
Kov
Friend
TheLonging
esuriospiritus

It just seems like he's pointing fingers around for the sake of looking more pro-town.

...Oh, and this post:
DemonHybrid wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:Well, he's L-2. We can wait for a claim or just go for it with the information we have.

If Pie flips town, that's one mislynch (which happens nearly all the time anyway on D1). If he flips scum, that's one nearly-guaranteed scum in Kov who weakly slithered his way out of the conversation, and a big suspicion in TL who cracked and voted IP out of pressure, and that's a LOT to gain on Day 1 with such a small risk.
esuriospiritus wrote:scum want town to end day 1 with as little information and reads as possible
He also says his scummiest read is Pie when (from the looks of it), all he did was voice his suspicion of Jack (something to note if DH flips scum, maybe they planned the whole RVS thing in the QT?).

1. Woosh. Confidence has nothing to do with being town. You need confidence if you're scum because you have something to hide. So yes, you saying that you'd need more confidence before you start contributing looks scummy.

2. Metametametametametametametameta
meta

meta

I never said that one should allow themselves to be lynched if they're town. I said they shouldn't be -afraid- to be lynched. Not being afraid and being confident are two wildly different things. Not being afraid and not wanting to die are two different things. You guys are generalizing everything.

3. Cool, except that I never suspected esurio and I think Friend is town now. I never called Haschel scum, nor MvK. I said "I could see Twomz as being scum" and never said that I outwardly think that he is. I never thought Fugi was scum, just neutral. Me calling Jack scummy was at the beginning of D1 an*INSERT DEAD HORSE BEATING HERE*

Also, I never voted TL, so I can't see how I hopped on that bandwagon. I was the first to vote Friend (and the only one if I recall). The only one to vote Kov. I voted for Pie after I was absolutely sure that I felt that he was scum.

Insert Credit to continue.

You want this one.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:42 am

Post by ready2rock »

DemonHybrid wrote:
ready2rock wrote:

Pie
me
Kov
Friend
TheLonging
esuriospiritus

...Oh, and this post:
DemonHybrid wrote:

1. Woosh. Confidence has nothing to do with being town. You need confidence if you're scum because you have something to hide. So yes, you saying that you'd need more confidence before you start contributing looks scummy.

2. Metametametametametametametameta
meta

meta

I never said that one should allow themselves to be lynched if they're town. I said they shouldn't be -afraid- to be lynched. Not being afraid and being confident are two wildly different things. Not being afraid and not wanting to die are two different things. You guys are generalizing everything.

3. Cool, except that I never suspected esurio and I think Friend is town now. I never called Haschel scum, nor MvK. I said "I could see Twomz as being scum" and never said that I outwardly think that he is. I never thought Fugi was scum, just neutral. Me calling Jack scummy was at the beginning of D1 an*INSERT DEAD HORSE BEATING HERE*

Also, I never voted TL, so I can't see how I hopped on that bandwagon. I was the first to vote Friend (and the only one if I recall). The only one to vote Kov. I voted for Pie after I was absolutely sure that I felt that he was scum.

Insert Credit to continue.
1. I don't mean that I'm not confident enough to contribute, I mean that I'm not confident enough to pull off a gambit like Jack did.

2. What does that have to do with meta? I said nothing about your playstyle. I don't even remember if you were in that conversation. Me mentioning a previous game does not make it meta and therefore useless. This has to do with gameplay in general.

I'm not afraid of getting lynched, I just don't think that it would benefit the town right now. I don't know where you got that I was afraid of getting lynched to begin with.

By the way, "You guys are generalizing everything" is in itself a generalization. :)

3. "calling everyone scum" was a hyperbole. I still think my point is somewhat valid. However, I will take back 2 things on this:
1. esurio: I thought you were one of the people suspicious of him for finding Pie town. My bad.
2. I thought you had voted TL. You sure call him scum a lot.

*digs in pockets*
aww man, I'm out of quarters :cry:
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:52 am

Post by ready2rock »

EBWOP: I think I may have figured out my problem on day 1.

I seem to get better reads on someone by interacting with them, and I don't post enough on day 1. Therefore I can't get good enough reads on people on day 1 because I don't interact with people enough. I'll keep this in mind in future games.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Friend »

Yo, r2r, suspecting people is not a scumtell. If that's all your case consists of you've got some work to do.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:13 am

Post by ready2rock »

I didn't say it was. I was just saying that he seems to be suspecting people for the sake of suspecting them and looking more pro town.

That's not all my case is based on either. Way to only read half of my post.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Friend »

Um...the other part of your case is based on DH suspecting Pie for what you think are poor reasons? And I don't see how that quote you posted of his was scummy.

Why do you feel his suspicions are based on "looking pro-town" and not on actual scumhunting? Use quotes. This better be good.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

Holy wall posts, Batman!

@r2r: Screw "future games". Now that you've realized what your day 1 problem is, you can start fixing it
now
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”