Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Mysterio »

VOTE: Prox

For making me read through a bunch of crap when it was only pre-game.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Got some catching up to do. Thoughts in a bit...
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by Mysterio »

My RVS vote was on Prox, and after reading through the thread, I have no reason to change it
Prox wrote:I'm only trying to reason what we should do in this situation. If zwet announces his scan target, then at least the other guy will know the deal. That way, if zwet is killed, his scan doesn't beome worthless. If the other guy claims, we'll have 3 confirmed townies or 2 and a found scum. If we do nothing, there is little benefit unless one of the three is brought to L-1 today..
This is either VI town play or a scum slip. Having zwet's partner claim gives us absolutely no benefit, given the fact that it could simply be two scum fake claiming. The
real
cop or half-cops would be an idiot(s) to counter-claim this early. If zwet's claim is genuine, then having his partner claim would simply give the Mafia two easy targets. A doc or some other protective role would have to choose one and hope the other doesn't get NK'd. So, like I said, either VI town play or scum slip. At this point any further speculation would just be WIFOM, but I'm leaving my vote on you in the interim.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Mysterio »

It doesn't look like this day is going to be all that productive. Both Korashk and Prox seem to be the prime suspects, so perhaps it's time we simply choose one.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Mysterio »

zwetschenwasser wrote:I would like my partner to reveal him/herself if I am lynched/NKed and if and only if they got a guilty result on my investigation of
Prox
I think Prox is referring to this post by zwet. To be honest, it's a little ambiguous. I'm not sure if he's saying he already investigated you, or he's
going
to investigate you N1. Once zwet clarifies, we can go from there.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Mysterio »

Wow, your claim is ridiculous. It doesn't tell us anything, because zwet already posted who he investigated. So, all you had to do was piggy-back off that by claiming to be the other cop. And on top of that, you claim that Prox's result was inconclusive, which gives you a convenient out depending on how Prox flips. You've essentially given us nothing useful, and simply made yourself a target. But if you're scum, you wouldn't have to worry about that.

Unvote: Prox

Vote: Shotty
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #7) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Mysterio »

He wasn't even in danger of being lynched. Suspicion was mostly on Prox, with Korashk's play being somewhat questionable. He essentially claimed out of nowhere and gave us no useful information.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #8) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Mysterio »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:ok about the expirience thing, I'm almost one game away from being an IC
You just argued against yourself.

As far as I'm concerned, even if he flips town, he brought this on himself by playing this way. He's giving us no choice.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by Mysterio »

I find it telling that LynchMePls is making such an effort to defend Shotty and tossing out weak accusations at whoever thinks Shotty is scum.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:22 am

Post by Mysterio »

pacman281292 wrote:And @Mysterio: 1) stop posting fluff and 2) explain how does your #257 might work.
1) What exactly are you talking about? What "fluff" have I posted?

2) How does it work? This question doesn't even make sense grammatically. Rephrase it, please.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:18 am

Post by Mysterio »

@Mysterio: 1) What you've posted have been mostly single phrases, where you atack someone else with almost no reason, and you don't even state why do you do it.

Maybe you need to learn how to read. These are my posts where I make my votes:
Mysterio wrote:Wow, your claim is ridiculous. It doesn't tell us anything, because zwet already posted who he investigated. So, all you had to do was piggy-back off that by claiming to be the other cop. And on top of that, you claim that Prox's result was inconclusive, which gives you a convenient out depending on how Prox flips. You've essentially given us nothing useful, and simply made yourself a target. But if you're scum, you wouldn't have to worry about that.

Unvote: Prox

Vote: Shotty
Mysterio wrote:My RVS vote was on Prox, and after reading through the thread, I have no reason to change it
Prox wrote:I'm only trying to reason what we should do in this situation. If zwet announces his scan target, then at least the other guy will know the deal. That way, if zwet is killed, his scan doesn't beome worthless. If the other guy claims, we'll have 3 confirmed townies or 2 and a found scum. If we do nothing, there is little benefit unless one of the three is brought to L-1 today..
This is either VI town play or a scum slip. Having zwet's partner claim gives us absolutely no benefit, given the fact that it could simply be two scum fake claiming. The
real
cop or half-cops would be an idiot(s) to counter-claim this early. If zwet's claim is genuine, then having his partner claim would simply give the Mafia two easy targets. A doc or some other protective role would have to choose one and hope the other doesn't get NK'd. So, like I said, either VI town play or scum slip. At this point any further speculation would just be WIFOM, but I'm leaving my vote on you in the interim.
As you can clearly see, I explained each vote with arguments that no one has bothered to actually refute. In both cases you can possibly blame it on VI town play, but Shotty himself has argued that he has experience. Hence my post where I say he "argued against himself", so perhaps you should pay more attention before you accuse someone of posting fluff.
Pacman wrote:2) I don't get what you said on 257. Please explain the reason to that.
What is there not to get? He's defending Shotty pretty hardcore, while calling anyone who argues against Shotty scum. This implies pretty explicitly one of two things:

1. LynchMePls somehow knows Shotty is town for various reasons.

2. Both Shotty and LynchMePls are scum buddies.

I can't say for sure either way, which is why I said it was only "telling" (as in suspicious). There could be other reasons as well, but it is something to note if Shotty or LynchMePls end up flipping scum.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:59 am

Post by Mysterio »

At this point, I can't justify switching my vote back to Prox. If I did, I would essentially be giving Shotty a pass simply because he claimed, regardless of the fact that his claim is extremely weak. With Prox, it's a question of whether or not he's scum or simply an inexperienced/overzealous townie. I can't answer that at this point, so I'm not going to be switching my vote. I still think Shotty is the best lynch as of now.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Okay, can anyone post a concise argument for why we shouldn't lynch Shotty? Is it because he claimed, even though his claim is laughably weak? Is it too early in the "day" for you? I understand the suspicion on Prox, but I don't see how anyone can excuse Shotty's play so far.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by Mysterio »

pacman281292 wrote:I won't vote yet, because if shotty winds up being the half-cop, we would lose much more than what we could gain. However, I'm really tempted to.
How do you figure? Even if Shotty is a real half-cop, his status is questioned by the majority of players. Unless his results lead to scum lynchings, that suspicion will cause us to question his results. A cop that isn't trusted by town isn't all that useful. However, given his play, including the weakness of his claim, I don't see how you can justify lynching anyone other than Shotty. Furthermore, if he is indeed a half-cop, then he has made himself open to a night kill. Assuming that zwet's claim is genuine, the doc will have to choose one, and scum will have to guess which one to go after. We would be very lucky if they guessed wrong. So, either way, Shotty or zwet may be killed tonight. If that happens, we've gained nothing by not lynching him. If we do lynch him, we haven't lost much either, but instead have a good chance of gaining a scum lynch on D1.

Your thoughts?

@Korashk I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you saying we should pressure Prox for a role instead of lynching Shotty?
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #15) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Mysterio »

When Shotty came up scum, it occurred to me that Prox simply threw Shotty under the bus to make himself look pro-town. My reasoning was based on the fact that Prox had the heat on him early, but then Shotty voted No Lynch out of nowhere, and tried to argue that nobody should be killed. He then claimed cop, which Prox jumped on immediately. However, that wasn't enough to vote Prox until Hrezs flipped cop.

Reading his posts in ISO, he immediately goes after Prox. Given the fact that zwet claimed to investigate Prox in pre-game, it looks as if Hrezs is the one who received the results. He continues to go after Prox until Shotty claimed cop. It was only at that point he switched votes to Shotty in post #219. In post #220, he clarifies by saying that he still thinks Prox is scummy, but it's clear that Hrezs switched his vote because he knew Shotty was fake claiming. He then tries his best to get Shotty lynched without having to counterclaim (which worked perfectly, but he still managed to get night killed for some reason). Anyway, I think this is enough to put Prox at the top of the list, given the fact that Hrezs was pushing for his lynch prior to Shotty's claim.

Vote: Prox
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:12 am

Post by Mysterio »

Very weak, pacman. I believe we went through this on Day 1. Not to mention I was pushing for Shotty's lynch since his laughable claim, and then argued for Prox's lynch based on Hrezs posts. So, your post is only half the story if it were true. I would have had to not only toss Prox under the bus, but Shotty as well. By what possible scum tactic could I win by pushing for two of my partners to be lynched? Furthermore, you seem to be conveniently piggy-backing off one of my accusations of Prox. I mentioned that Prox could have simply thrown Shotty under the bus due to him being pressured heavily early in the game. Now, you're trying to accuse me of the same thing.

Looking back at your posts, you've been tunneling me for quite sometime. Starting in post #189, and even when Shotty and Prox were top suspects for most everyone else, you continued to mention me in almost every post you made. Tunneling is certainly a weak tell, but it's interesting to note now that you've gone ahead and voted for me.
FoS: pacman

However, LynchMePls is my vote for now. Beginning on Day 1, LynchMePls started throwing out random accusations at anyone who suspected Shotty. He even voted Korashk for "sitting on the fence" in #176, but does the exact same thing earlier in #167 when he states that he doesn't know what to talk about. Even though we had several pages involving an early claim and Prox's scumminess. He then goes on to unvote Korashk and vote Prox, who by this time had taken a backseat to Shotty's weak cop claim in #218, where he also makes it clear that he actually believes Shotty's claim. Either this is just terrible scumhunting, or he wanted to keep Shotty from being lynched so that scum could have a cop claim a their disposal. Keep in mind that by the time LynchMePlx switched his vote to Prox, several people had switched their vote off of Prox. Which means Prox was in no danger of being lynched with Shotty taking the spotlight.

He continues his defense of Shotty in #245, which Hrezs answers pretty clearly by pointing out that Shotty could be hoping for a counterclaim to out another power. What was LynchMePls' reaction to Hrezs' post?
To randomly accuse Hrezs of being scum
in #252. When I pointed that out in #257, he switched his attack to me in #299 where he points a FoS at me. zwet and Hrezs recognize how ridiculous his reaction to my post was and defend me, to which LynchMePls failes to respond to before Shotty gets lynched. LynchMePls finally comes back to admit his failed read on Shotty and then proposes a massclaim, which doesn't make a lick of sense. Prox calls him on it, but now knowing that Prox is scum, it's likely that Prox did this in order to help distance himself from LynchMePls, which would give him an out when Prox flips scum. LynchMePls then makes a really weak OMGUS vote on Prox, who was already the obvious lynch for the day.

All in all, I think this paints LynchMePls as scum. As such, I'm going to
Vote: LynchMePls
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Mysterio »

pacman281292 wrote:Sorry Mysterio, the reason I left you back was because of shotty. I still had my eye on you,
as you failed to note.

And I still have my eye on you, as I said.
Didn't I just get finished noting it? Also, this pretty much admits to tunneling. This whole "have my eye on you" is the very definition of tunneling. You mention me in many posts even though my supposed scumminess was being overshadowed by Prox and Shotty, which you admit to.
Dead wrong. Prox's overall game was extremely poor (hadn't it been so, D2 would have lasted more than 24 hours), so you could still bus both scum in order to make yourself appear more townish.
Really? Is that why you never voted for him...? In fact, throughout Day 1 you did nothing more than sit on the fence until the very last moment when you hammered Shotty (who by that time had already been written off). Now you're saying that Prox was playing extremely poor, so me pushing for his lynch means I threw him under the bus. Your argument here makes no sense.

And it is not WIFOM to actually think about your accusation. Claiming that it is seems like an obvious deflection. You're essentially accusing me of throwing two of my partners under the bus. Please explain how this is pro-mafia behavior.
Nope, I didn't piggyback. Bussing is part of the basics of mafia. You can't just buy that argument and accuse anyone who uses it too of piggy-backing.[/quote

Okay, so basically your response here is "nuh-uh". Laughable. As I said, I mentioned Prox throwing Shotty under the bus, you're now accusing me of throwing Prox under the bus. If that's not piggy-backing, then I don't know what is.
Great. Now tunneling. You mean it because no one but me was attacking you at that stage of the game?
So, I would have been less scummy had I not attacked you so much and just started attacking shotty and Prox.
Well, I did it.
But I still had my eye on you. And that's not tunneling.
Considering you admitted to tunneling with your whole "had my eye on you" post, this defense is extremely transparent.

Bolded: Actually, you didn't. Even in the midst of Prox and Shotty playing like obvscum, you continued to repeatedly mention me in your posts. Posts #303 and #333 both mention me, basically tunneling.
EBWOP: Checking LMP's ISO, I realize your case has lots of mistakes, and is very poor. I won't make LMP's homework, but this gives me further reason to vote you.
Now this post is very scummy. Attempting to discredit my post without actually posting anything of substance about it, thus preemptively giving LynchMePls space to make a defense looks very calculated to me.

Strong FoS: pacman
Tunneling and attempting to defend LynchMePls are slowly giving you away.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Mysterio »

Sorry about the formatting mistake.

Also,
@mod I will be V/LA until Wednesday.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #19) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Yes, I was don's Mason partner.

However, the claims do not make sense. Why would there be two evidence collectors, but only one evidence examiner? LynchMePls' (LMP here on out) claim seems very questionable to me, knowing that he would be under pressure today. It seems to me his massclaim idea might have been nothing more than an excuse to hide behind a claim while also outing town PR's. LMP being a backup doesn't make sense since zwet is alive, so that means either he is lying, or one of the people who claimed VT are lying and one of them should be the second evidence examiner. Because the only alternative is that we have two people with the same role for no apparent reason. That is, of course, unless we believe Katsuki, who may be the second evidence examiner. Although the claimed "evidence intern" role doesn't exactly fit.

This is the reason why LMP's insistence on a massclaim sounded like crap to me. All this has done is confuse town, making us chase PR's rather than analyzing people's posts. I'm going to stick with my vote on LMP, that way we can see if there truly are two evidence collectors. Town certainly has a strong advantage here, but we could lose it if we end up chasing PR's.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Actually, LMP's claim makes even less sense now that I've thought about it more. His "Iamtoo" breadcrumb thing is ridiculous. If indeed his role is to send in investigations (zwet never called himself an evidence collector, btw), why would his reaction to zwet's identical claim be to drop "breadcrumbs" saying that he has the same role? Shouldn't he be thinking to himself, "zwet just claimed my role, he must be fake claiming." and eventually counterclaim him?

We need to lynch LMP.

I also think Katsuki is lying, or he simply hasn't explained his role clearly enough. @Katsuki Just so I can get it straight, are you saying you received all three reports during the last night phase? And was there a flavor message of some kind explaining the reports, or did you just receive reports with nothing else added?
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (isolation #21) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Katsuki wrote:@Mysterio: What are you asking about? If you are talking about the first thing I claimed, it was just a fraction of my report meant to clarify who the "inconclusive" is, as I am not given names.
Okay, you answered the second part of my question by posting the full results. But I'm still unclear as to when you received these results. Was it all in a single PM during the last night phase, or have you been receiving results the whole game?

Unvote
given your results, but I still would like LMP to explain himself about assuming that there are two evidence collectors rather than the obvious conclusion that zwet was fake claiming.

@zwet You still haven't posted your official role name.

Judging from the results, it looks as if you're receiving DNA analysis on anyone who dies,
along with
the people our evidence collectors target for investigation. As such, we really can't be sure which one's are simply results on dead people, or if those dead people were also investigated.

zwet said that he investigated Prox during pregame, and then investigated pacman N1. N2 he investigated no one. LMP needs to post who he investigated pregame, N1, and N2. Once we get more info, we can make sense of all this.

Preview edit - Okay, LMP says he investigated pacman N2. What about pregame and N1?
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (isolation #22) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Okay, so when I combine zwet and LMP's investigation claims with the results Katsuki has, I get the following:

Sample A - Investigated in pre-game by zwet - Prox was found guilty/lynched Day 2
Sample B - Investigated in pre-game by LMP - claims it was zwet who was found innocent
Sample C - Investigated by no one - Shotty was lynched Day 1
Sample D - Investigated N1 by zwet and N2 by LMP - both claim it was pacman/result is "inconclusive" (possible godfather)
Sample E - Investigated N1 by LMP - claims it was Mysterio who was found innocent
Sample F - Investigated by no one - Hrezs was killed N1
Sample G - Investigated by no one - don_johnson was killed N2

Confirmed Town - zwet, Mysterio, Hrezs, don_johnson
Confirmed Scum - Prox, Shotty
Possible Scum - pacman
Possible Town - LMP, Katsuki
Unconfirmed Town/Scum - Zajnet, Korashk, Doombunny9

I put LMP and Katsuki as possible town, because although their claims now make sense, this could still be an elaborate lie. Although, as of now I think we should operate under the assumption that they are town. Given the fact that this is a small game, I'm guessing there can't be more than 4 scum? I ask because this is my first mini game on this site, so I'm not sure how things are usually done. If there's only 3, then lynching pacman today should end the game. If it doesn't, then I think we should look at Zajnet, Korashk, and Doombunny next.

If pacman flips town (without special circumstances that could explain the inconclusive results), then we should definitely take a very close look at LMP and Katsuki.

Vote: pacman
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Mysterio »

We only need one more vote to hammer. All 3 of the non-voters need to speak up.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #24) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:24 am

Post by Mysterio »

Mafia just did us a favor by taking out LMP. He and Katsuki would have been the prime suspects today, but given the fact that LMP's role is now confirmed and it lined up with Katsuki's results, I'd say we don't have to worry about Katsuki now. Which lets us focus on the other unconfirmed players. We most likely have a pretty awesome roleblocker on the scum side in order for both zwet and LMP to get inconclusive on pacman. I also tend to believe zwet because it was zwet who first claimed to investigate pacman, and LMP confirmed it.

Anyway, going off my last post and picking one of the unconfirmed, I'll
Vote: Zajnet
who seems the most questionable to me with his epic lurking. However, Korashk should be up there as well. At the moment, I accept Doombunny's commuter claim, but would like to see others opinions on it.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Zajnet wrote:Sorry guys for not posting. I've been really out of it lately, and I haven't given this game the attention it deserves. I'm planning a complete reread later tonight, but until then, these basic thoughts will have to suffice:

LMP's death more or less confirms Kat in my eyes, and zwet is confirmed, and I happen to believe doombunny's claim, so that leaves me, Korashk, and Mysterio. I know I'm not scum, so that leaves Korashk and Mysterio. I believe that we can lynch all three of us FTW, but I'm not positive on the math. I think we should lynch one of them, and if they flip town, the scum are me and the other one. If they flip scum, the other scum (assuming 3 man scum team) is either me or the other one. We can't lose this game.
If LMP, Katsuki, and zwet are confirmed in your eyes, then in what possible way can I be scum? There were two investigations N1, but only one of those samples were investigated a second time during N2. Both zwet and LMP state that they investigated pacman N1 and N2, respectively. That leaves the second lone N1 investigation to me, which came back innocent.

Not to mention everyone claimed their PR's before me, with no one claiming to be don's Mason partner except me. So, you'll have to explain how I'm not confirmed town.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (isolation #26) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by Mysterio »

@Katsuki, post the full report please. You're not completely clear of suspicion yet.

Once you do that, zwet can confirm who he might have investigated N3.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #27) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Katsuki, that post doesn't make a whole lot of sense without context. You think I'm correct in what assumption? And what is the reason why LMP was killed instead of you?

Also, your reason to not post your report is weak. Even if you can't make heads or tails out of it, others might. Unless you think posting it will hurt town?
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (isolation #28) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Mysterio »

@Katsuki, the problem is this: we can't move on until you post your results. Even if zwet claims a target, we can't know to lynch the guy unless we have your results to compare it to. Furthermore, you could still be scum. So, without those results, you're failing to clear yourself. If you're town, then you should see that as a huge problem. If you're scum, then we should just lynch you today.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #29) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by Mysterio »

@Zajnet, huge slip there. You tried to correct it after, but I don't see why you would claim two scum left as if it were simple fact when you weren't sure.

@Doombunny, that's not what I'm asking for. There is a specific format that her results are sent in, which she posted earlier. I want her to post the full results like that, which will make it easier to at least make an educated guess as to who the results correspond to. Once she does that, zwet can tell us who he investigated.

However, at this point I would have no problems with a Zajnet lynch.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (isolation #30) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:04 am

Post by Mysterio »

Unvote

According to the results, Doombunny is either inconclusive or scum. That's 50% chance of hitting scum, which is far better than anyone else at this point.

Vote: Doombunny

He's at L-1 now.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:10 am

Post by Mysterio »

Katsuki wrote:We do not lynch zwet's target today, though it does not mean that they are innocent, if it is indeed a 4-man scumteam.
No, we lynch zwet's target because (1) we know for a fact he was investigated and is either inconclusive or scum giving us a 50% chance of catching scum and (2) LMP isn't around to tell us who he investigated, so lynching anyone else would be a total guess.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (isolation #32) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Mysterio »

Well, let's use my previous post as a guide of sorts:

Okay, so when I combine zwet and LMP's investigation claims with the results Katsuki has, I get the following:

Sample A - Investigated in pre-game by zwet - Prox was found guilty/lynched Day 2
Sample B - Investigated in pre-game by LMP - claims it was zwet who was found innocent
Sample D - Investigated N1 by zwet and N2 by LMP - both claim it was pacman/result is "inconclusive" (possible godfather)/
N3 lynched result is innocent

Sample E - Investigated N1 by LMP - claims it was Mysterio who was found innocent

Adding in your new samples:

Sample H - Investigated by no one - LMP was killed N3
Sample I - Investigated N3 by zwet/LMP - Inconclusive
Sample J - Investigated N3 by zwet/LMP - Guilty

Confirmed Town - zwet, Mysterio, Hrezs, don_johnson, LMP, Pacman
Possible Town - Katsuki
Possible Scum - Doombunny
Unconfirmed Town/Scum - Zajnet, Korashk

If you would have posted the results first, I could have told you that Sample's I and J were of two different people. Given the fact that pacman's 3 results were lumped into one Sample (D), we could have easily concluded that different samples are given for each investigation. Also, we now have zwet claiming that he investigated Doombunny N3, which means either zwet was roleblocked and got inconclusive on Doombunny, or he wasn't roleblocked and got guilty on Doombunny. Another alternative is that zwet is an insane cop or something, but that would just be adding an unnecessary complication.

Either way, I see no other alternative to lynching Doombunny. What else could you propose that would give us a better chance of hitting scum?
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (isolation #33) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:50 am

Post by Mysterio »

Katsuki wrote:
Unvote

Do not want hammer just yet. I dunno, I got a scum and inconclusive reading, and according to mod, they are two different people. Hence, I do not agree with lynching doombunny
just yet
. Not to mention, as lynching the inconclusive is exactly what scum want us to do... (why they killed off one cop, let other investigate, and hopefully cause mislynch (they most definately did not expect LMP's investigation to still go through)). That at least is the only explanation I can think of as to why LMP was killed off last night instead of me (I mean, if you have 2 investigators and 1 investigation-receiver, why would you leave the receiver half alive?)

I dunno if we'd get a 4 scum team, as scum def have a PR. With 6 players left, we have 3 confirmed, and 3 scum candidates. If we decide to leave doombunny for tomorrow, we have 50% chance of hitting today.
Okay, this makes sense. Taking out LMP and then roleblocking zwet.

Unvote

Then it's a choice between Zajnet and Korashk.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (isolation #34) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Mysterio »

It doesn't look like we'll get a better lynch candidate. Korashk is just inactive, but Zajnet has posted some wonky things.

Vote: Zajnet
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (isolation #35) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:50 am

Post by Mysterio »

Oh snap. Zajnet flipping town really sucks. A word of advice to Zajnet, get your shit together. Playing like that just makes it harder to spot real scum. Anyway, updating the info we have:

Sample D - Investigated N1 by zwet and N2 by LMP - both claim it was pacman/result is "inconclusive" (possible godfather)/N3 lynched result is innocent

Adding in your new samples:

Sample H - Investigated by no one - LMP was killed N3
Sample I - Investigated N3 by zwet/LMP - Inconclusive
Sample J - Investigated N3 by zwet/LMP - Guilty
Sample K - Investigated by no one - Zajnet lynched D4
Sample L - Investigated by no one - Katsuki was killed N4

Confirmed Town - zwet, Mysterio, Hrezs, don_johnson, LMP, Pacman, Zajnet, Katsuki
Unconfirmed Town/Scum - Korashk, Doombunny

Unless we've been completely duped, the remaining scum must be either Korashk or Doombunny. If neither of them are scum, then lol.

I'm going to ISO a bit and wait for others to chime in before casting a vote.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (isolation #36) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by Mysterio »

The problem I have with a Korashk lynch is that his inactivity seems more than just lurking. He's been replaced in another game and hasn't posted much in the last week or so, although he did visit the site earlier today after the death scene and flavor were posted. Not to mention the last scum must be a roleblocker, who has made some pretty good decisions with both roleblocks and night kills. So, the last scum has to have been following the game pretty closely. He could very well be lurking as an endgame strategy, and zwet's gambit about investigating Doombunny last night is pretty compelling.

However, I also feel like Doombunny's claim is very strange. Why include a townie who can avoid being night killed--along with two investigators, an evidence examiner, a backup evidence examiner, and two masons--but only give scum a roleblocker? Doesn't that seem highly town favored? Not to mention every town PR is paired with someone. zwet and LMP were paired with Hrezs, who was paired with Katsuki as the backup. don and I were paired as masons, but here's Doombunny out all by his lonesome with the ability to avoid night kills. I'm starting to think the game would have ended a lot sooner if we simply didn't believe Doombunny's claim.

What do you think zwet? And it would be nice if Korashk bothered to show up and post an opinion/defense.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (isolation #37) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Yeah, at this point I'm on board with lynching Korashk for the win. I'll give him a chance to put up a defense before I hammer. He may have a different perspective,
if
he cares enough to post.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (isolation #38) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Actually, scratch that. I forgot that you posted this.
zwetschenwasser wrote:
Unvote; Vote: zajnet

might as well. If I die lynch doombunny.
Coupled with the fact that we can't know whether the inconclusive was for Doombunny or not, if Doombunny is scum then he wouldn't have killed you. It was clear that we were going to lynch him if you died. I think that sort of cancels your gambit out by giving Doombunny an incentive to let you live. And again, add to that Korashk's lack of activity on the site, and I have a hard time believing he is capable of playing the way this last scum has played.

Damn, I think I'm going to sleep on this.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #39) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Mysterio »

In post #23, Korashk posted a long list of games he's played on another forum. That's more games than I've played, but he still plays the noob card by not knowing what "scum" means in his reply to Prox. It could very well be that Korashk is just faking, which includes his lack of activity. Doombunny also took a huge risk by claiming commuter instead of just claiming VT, which is the obvious safe claim for scum.

To be honest, this has really become a toss up. I really don't even want to win myself, I just want to make sure Shotty doesn't get to win by playing like a useless VI. :P

Nothing left to do.
Vote: Korashk
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (isolation #40) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Mysterio »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

@Doombunny, grats on an epic win.

@Shotty, I hate you.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #41) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:27 am

Post by Mysterio »

And thanks to Shepherd for the game. Definitely a good game.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (isolation #42) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Damn, and I was definitely onto something with Doombunny's commuter claim and Korashk's lack of activity. Definitely a learning experience for me.

And once again, damn you Shotty. He wins by doing absolutely nothing. *cries*
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #43) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Yeah, in hindsight we should have just lynched Doombunny simply because of his claim. Even if he turned out to be town, we could at least remove him as a variable. Also, people kept switching their votes off Doombunny, and zwet's little gambit did make it seem like Korashk was scum. Oh well, still a good game.

And I forgot to say that the balancing was excellent. I'd definitely sign up for another Shepherd game.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (isolation #44) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Mysterio »

I don't know about everyone else, but I enjoyed the flavor. There's a reason why crime novels are so popular. :P

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”