gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

He's also worthy of drawing a doctor visit by the same token.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by quadz08 »

I feel like there are ways to draw a scum visit without forcing the doctor on you. Also, we don't know if there's a doctor, but we DO know that there's mafia.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

There was a nurse. There has to be a doctor. And the job of a doctor is to guess who the mafia will attack.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:47 pm

Post by quadz08 »

There absolutely does not have to be a doctor.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Are you referencing kyle's marathon game? Because that was bastard. A nurse can't do anything if there is no doc.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by Zajnet »

Do you not understand the concept of Random Mafia?
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

The roles are random, that doesn't mean that he would make a pointless role. Same reason I don't think he would make only one mason.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by quadz08 »

no, I'm not referencing Kyle's game. I'm referencing the fact that this is a RANDOM game, with roles RANDOMLY assigned. It is possible for there to be a doc, but I don't believe that one can say that the existence of a doctor is proven by the presence of a nurse. Without additional info from the mod (which he has previously not given) we MUST assume that the presence of a certain role does not force the presence of another. Just like we can't assume there is, in fact, another mason. Or if an arsonist flipped, we couldn't assume the presence of a firefighter.

EDIT: Zajnet's post is the TL;DR version.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by quadz08 »

I don't know this mod, but I know that if
I
were to mod a random mafia game, I would take pleasure in pointless roles. It would be fun to watch.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Arsonist without FF is different. An arsonist without a FF is an SK with kill flavor. Nurse without doc is just a VT. Single mason is just a VT. There's no point, see.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by quadz08 »

I'm aware of that. And why would that put him off? I don't see why giving someone a useless role is such a terrible thing in a game of this nature.

But this kind of speculation really gets us nowhere at this point, and we'll have agree to disagree for now. Besides, Zajnet's penchant for posting one-liners and no content is really getting on my nerves; if you're on to read this whole thing, and comment on it, can't you say something more than fluff? Tell us what you think, instead of just sheeping and wagon-hopping. I promise, having opinions is OK. Tell us some of yours, without us having to force them out of you.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by Zajnet »

quadz08 wrote:I'm aware of that. And why would that put him off? I don't see why giving someone a useless role is such a terrible thing in a game of this nature.

But this kind of speculation really gets us nowhere at this point, and we'll have agree to disagree for now. Besides, Zajnet's penchant for posting one-liners and no content is really getting on my nerves; if you're on to read this whole thing, and comment on it, can't you say something more than fluff? Tell us what you think, instead of just sheeping and wagon-hopping. I promise, having opinions is OK. Tell us some of yours, without us having to force them out of you.
I have a gut feeling on totallynotmafia, and I can't wait for him to get back from V/LA. I think AGar has been somewhat scummy, but IDK. quadz, I think that you're newbie town, and gandalf I can't get a read on. Millar I can never get a read on. Mitsuru I think is scum, and here's why:
Mitsuru didn't want to hammer Exe on D1, but he/she did it subtly by putting him at L-1.
Mitsuru has also posted very little content all game.
My GTKAS
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:39 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

gandalf5166 wrote:Oh, and while millar has done many stupid things, his claim was definitely not one of them. Think about what would have happened if he hadn't claimed. Someone(scum) would have said, "Oh, he waited to claim because he was scum making sure that there wasn't another mason" and our stupid selves would have lynched confirmed town.
QFT

Vote: Zajnet

He basically contributed nothing day 1. His day 2 play consists of continuously defending Vez:
Zajnet wrote:About the Vezok issue, I have reason to believe that he is actually VT. A second jester is technically possible, but vezok always plays like this xD.
Zajnet wrote:Meta reasons make me see vezok as town in this one.
Zajnet wrote:I've been in a couple games with vezok on another site, one where we were both scum, and one where we were both town. He is hilariously obvscum as scum.
Zajnet wrote:I'm not saying that he's obvtown, I'm just saying that I, personally, see him as town in this game. I could be wrong.
He then puts Quadz at L-1 in post 204, then after AGar and Vez both vote for him, he suddenly changes his tune:
Zajnet wrote:UNVOTE: quadz

I wasn't worried about scum (or anyone else for that matter) quickhammering, and I wanted to garner reactions, specifically from vezok. I don't believe quadz is scum, but if y'all want to lynch him because of his claim, be my guest. I have reason to believe that vezok really is vanilla, but the way he's been acting is really scummy, so he could be a goon. I'll support his lynch, simply because he's either VT or scum, and in that case, he's the least damaging mislynch we could make, if its a mislynch.

VOTE: vezok
It seems to me that Zajnet was calling Vez town just so that it would look good for him when vez flipped, but then when suspicion started to build on himself he was forced to actually join the vez wagon.

Zaj also found AGar's claim suspicious (which I think is fair given it's a good scum claim) and goes on to say:
Zajnet wrote:I think we should lynch AGar now. Best case, he's scum. Worst case, we eliminate something that will get in the way in a LyLo situation.
But then after Mitsuro says that scum will try to influence AGar's lynch Zajnet immediately backs down and changes his mind:
Zajnet wrote:
AGar wrote:If the town agrees to lynch me, I'm not going to fight it. I realize that I am a liability no matter what. I tried to downplay some of that liability by the claim. However, I would like to ask that my lynch be pushed back as far as possible and the town takes plenty of time to look at other players, so that you have something to go off of on D3. We made out well with lynching Exe D1, but the speed of the lynch did us no favors for the following days. We need information. A quicklynch on me as well is only going to hurt the town and aid the mafia in going by unnoticed. Policy lynching me is also going to result in no reliable vote data from today. At least take every other step possible to set up for successful days following.
Actually, the more I think about it, we shouldn't lynch you. If we ever get close to deadline with no good lynch target and we're not in LyLo, we'll lynch you then. I am worried that come lylo, we won't know if you're town or lying scum, and we have no way to confirm it without risking one of us.

Mitsuru's post is +townie points.

@gandalf: Army Vet is another name for PGO. Paranoid = PTSD and Gun Owner = Vet.
...but he still leaves the opportunity open to lynch AGar later.

Combined with today's vote-hopping, I'm pretty certain Zajnet is scum.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:46 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Ehhhhhhh...... Anyone got a vote count?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Okay, i count Zaj as at L2. So UNVOTE: VOTE: Zajnet
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:55 pm

Post by quadz08 »

My count:
Zaj(3): Mitsuru, TNM, gandalf
quadz(1): AGar
AGar(1): quadz
Not Voting(2): millar, Zaj

I just went through to check, and had to change a couple of things, so I may be wrong, here.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Zaj appears to be at L-1. I am not in favor of a hammer yet, in case anyone was planning on hammering now.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:12 am

Post by AGar »

gandalf5166 wrote:There was a nurse. There has to be a doctor. And the job of a doctor is to guess who the mafia will attack.
No. There doesn't.

The roles are random, which I'm assuming as meaning that MafiaSSK rolled alignments via random.org, and then went to the page linked, gave each role a number and rolled roles via random.org again.

We had a jester hammer a mafia super-saint. This game is about as bastard as it gets.

Zajnet is town-read, imo.

quadz is better lynch.

Gandalf is jumping up the scum-reads very quickly with his insistence that there has to be a doctor.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:31 am

Post by quadz08 »

What's scummy about that, AGar?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:34 am

Post by AGar »

quadz08 wrote:What's scummy about that, AGar?
His persistence to discuss the setup rather than the game at hand. It's promoting discussion that is not scumhunting, rather just fluff that can't be analyzed and gives us no leads. Serves two purposes for scum: 1) Town does not scumhunt and is scrambling as deadline approaches. 2) Scum does not have to commit to reads in theory discussions.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:47 am

Post by quadz08 »

Alright, makes sense to me. Thanks for clearing that up.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:48 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Okay, I'll shut up about the doctor. I'm not sure what else to talk about, though. We've already decided who to lynch. What are we going to talk about? Who to lynch tomorrow? we should talk about that TOMORROW. I'm really not a fan of prolonging days past their due. Unless I'm mafia. In that case, I'm glad to let the day drag on for as long as possible, especially if there's suspicion on me, but I'm not the target for the day's lynch yet. It leaves time for you to worm your way out of suspicions without actually having to defend yourself, since town starts to get lethargic, and only pay attention to the game in the present tense. Generally, some townie will say something stupid about how long the game is, or worse, get frustrated and quickhammer, and YAY!!!! Perfect mislynch material.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:54 am

Post by quadz08 »

I want to hear Zajnet's defense. That sound feasible?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:02 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

I doubt Zajnet will post a defense, but that's acceptable. His only excuse so far has been "I always make short posts".
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:04 am

Post by quadz08 »

Yeah, I'm not expecting much, but I'm gonna give him the opportunity to surprise us.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:54 am

Post by Zajnet »

First,
nobody hammer me without first letting me know that you intend to and giving me a chance to respond. If you hammer me, you will suffer the full wrath of the town tomorrow.

VOTE: gandalf5166

That's my defense.

Ok, not really, but I was really tempted to just post that.

Gandalf has been engaging in useless (and wrong) setup speculation to avoid having to do any scumhunting, has been lurking (I know, pot calling the kettle black blah blah blah), is very excited about getting what he sees as an easy mislynch out of me, and I'm 99% sure that the other scum is TNM.

He an TNM see an easy mislynch on me because I've been lurking, etc. The part of TNM's case against me regarding Vez is because I was torn between what I knew was his town and scum meta, and the comment (from AGar?) about how offsite metas don't usually translate. At the time, I found quadz scummy as well, but now I don't.
My GTKAS

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”