Mini 1012: Mafia In Soraville (Game Over!)

ortiz1193
ortiz1193
Goon
ortiz1193
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:35 am

Post by ortiz1193 »

I don't know how to explain it, neither of them is scummy by themselves, but when you link them together I think could be scum together. I don't see either of them as top targets - I think if one of them is scum, the other is scum.

Top Targets are imo Pie, Twomz, and me/esurio from everyone else's pov. No one explained any of their votes except me and Pie so I'm not sure on Kov or HC.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:48 am

Post by TheLonging »

Whoever suspected Fugitive needs to be dragged to a noose btw
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

pie wrote:With a doc dead and a claimed tracker, though, I'm inclined to believe that one of the neighbors is scum. It'd be too townsided for all three neighbors to be town, even with the paranoia factor, IMO.
That's only if you believe TL's claim, which I don't. ortiz and esurio have been townier than TL.
@TL: Why are you voting Kov? He's getting replaced.
I know this wasn't addressed towards me, but TL already answered and I'm also voting for Kov, so I'll answer anyway. Kov was incredibly scummy yesterday. His replacement is going to come in, we will all ask him "Why was your predecessor scummy?", the replacement will say "I don't get it either, but I'm not scum" and then we'll be back at square 1. If that doesn't happen, then we lynch the replacement for what Kov did and then basically wind up making a player read a 40+ page game for little personal reward.

I want everybody to reread Kov, especially in light of DH being town. I think there's enough there to be comfortable with a lynch.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by TheLonging »

hey if me being lynched is what it takes for you to believe me then go ahead
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Friend »

unvote, vote: Pie

I just realized how Fugi was tunneling him all day. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by Jack »

Friend wrote:
unvote, vote: Pie

I just realized how Fugi was tunneling him all day. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
friend is prob-scum still
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by Friend »

Mhmm.

Jesus I do not have the energy for this game. I'm so glad I'm going VLA.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by Jack »

i could see it as a lazy comment too <--is not one to talk
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:48 am

Post by InflatablePie »

ortiz1193 wrote:Its best to lynch one of the neighbors today isn't it? When DH flips scum it should clear me/esurio.
Yet now once DH has flipped town, the chances of there being a scum neighbor drops drastically, eh?
ortiz1193 wrote:I asked earlier if it was possible for there to be 2 neighbor scum and got no response,
so I'm assuming there's 1.
It seems unorthodox for there to be 2 doesn't it? I will repeat that I've never played with neighbors before and the wiki page I read didn't give too much detail. So yes I am assuming there is one scum neighbor max. I'm sure you'll tell me that's a scumtell.
Call it nitpicking/tunneling, but the bolded seems like a slip. Like he knows there's one scum neighbor. A stretch, yes, but he says "one
max
" later in the post. Just something that caught my eye.
I love how everyone says "Twomz is scummy" and keeps their vote on someone else. I think ~4 people have said that. Completely reinforces that Twomz is scum in my mind. Similar to "FoS: Scumbuddy, Vote: Townie"
And he just forgets this and goes along with voting for DH and now me. There's also the fact that oritz was defending me a lot D1 (I noticed this) and that's been bugging me more than anything. And now he's trying to get me lynched? Then he'll say "oh shit, looks like I was right D1" when I flip town.

Not the strongest "case" ever, but I just woke up and skimmed through real quick. Maybe I can find something more concrete later. A lot of these points make sense in MY mind; it doesn't help that esurio is obviously town in my eyes and I still think there's one scum neighbor.

@oritz: Thoughts on HC and esurio? Curious.

@Friend: Fugi also softclaimed a PR, if you didn't notice his post back there. I thought he was a VT (mentioned this) and was hoping scum would think the same, but I guess not. Nightkills are WIFOM, too. But thanks for the vote.

@Mod
: Try messaging players/mods you've played with before if you can't find any replacements?
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:09 am

Post by Twomz »

I'd think that '~4' people who said they were suspicious of me but kept votes on others would imply that they were all in a mafia group with me... which would mean a 5 person mafia in a 12 player game? I'd say either check your numbers or drop it cause it's stupid.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:06 am

Post by sorasgoof »

Okay, I just sent out around 10 messages to previous players I know, so HOPEFULLY one will replace in. I also posted in the Replacement List thread. I can't think of anything else to do.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:36 am

Post by sorasgoof »

Sebguer is replacing Kov.

EDIT: I'm sending out a mass prod. It's been 24 hours since someone posted. >_>
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:04 am

Post by Twomz »

I didn't want to double post >.>
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
ortiz1193
ortiz1193
Goon
ortiz1193
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:22 am

Post by ortiz1193 »

Can we have votals?

/prod
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:30 am

Post by sorasgoof »

ortiz1193 wrote:Can we have votals?

/prod

I was going to, but there's one on the previous page and the votes have only changed twice. I have to go out right now, so I'll try to do it later. If I don't get to it today, I should have one up sometime tomorrow.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:03 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

/prodded

I am town.

Ortiz is almost assuredly town.

Friend is either obvtown or better than me at keeping townmeta looking the same as scummeta.

TL is kinda meh but I'm not lynching a claimed tracker.

Haschel is probtown for lack of anything that makes me think otherwise

Twomz, Jack, Kov, r2r, IP are more or less equally meh and my vote's on the wagon that looks like it's going somewhere.

/shrug
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

ortiz1193
ortiz1193
Goon
ortiz1193
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:28 am

Post by ortiz1193 »

InflatablePie wrote:
ortiz1193 wrote:Its best to lynch one of the neighbors today isn't it? When DH flips scum it should clear me/esurio.
Yet now once DH has flipped town, the chances of there being a scum neighbor drops drastically, eh?

Yes. I was sure DH was scum.

ortiz1193 wrote:I asked earlier if it was possible for there to be 2 neighbor scum and got no response,
so I'm assuming there's 1.
It seems unorthodox for there to be 2 doesn't it? I will repeat that I've never played with neighbors before and the wiki page I read didn't give too much detail. So yes I am assuming there is one scum neighbor max. I'm sure you'll tell me that's a scumtell.
Call it nitpicking/tunneling, but the bolded seems like a slip. Like he knows there's one scum neighbor. A stretch, yes, but he says "one
max
" later in the post. Just something that caught my eye.

Pie is pretty obviously pushing it and trying to make me look like scum here. A slip would be "one neighbor is scum" not "I'm ASSUMING we're dealing with 1 scum neighbor here."

I love how everyone says "Twomz is scummy" and keeps their vote on someone else. I think ~4 people have said that. Completely reinforces that Twomz is scum in my mind. Similar to "FoS: Scumbuddy, Vote: Townie"
And he just forgets this and goes along with voting for DH and now me. There's also the fact that oritz was defending me a lot D1 (I noticed this) and that's been bugging me more than anything. And now he's trying to get me lynched? Then he'll say "oh shit, looks like I was right D1" when I flip town.

I dropped it because, if you remember, there was a 3 way tie with votes. I had my vote on Twomz, and I thought Twomz/DH were both scum. No one would budge, so I switched my vote to someone else I thought was scum to get my scumreads lynched. I am still perfectly content with a Twomz lynch, and if you flip scum I plan on pushing a Twomz lynch tomorrow.

I defended you because a) There was no case on you at that point b) DH was pushing said invalid case. It had nothing to do with your own actions.

Not the strongest "case" ever, but I just woke up and skimmed through real quick. Maybe I can find something more concrete later. A lot of these points make sense in MY mind; it doesn't help that esurio is obviously town in my eyes and I still think there's one scum neighbor.

Wasn't this your 2nd attempt at a case already? It seems like you keep saying "my case is weak I'll be back later to try and find something stronger."

Why do you think there has to be a scum neighbor?

@oritz: Thoughts on HC and esurio? Curious.

Esurio is town unless Friend is scum.

HC has been incredibly under the radar actually. He hasn't really done anything scummy, but I could see him being the 3rd scum with you and Twomz.

@Friend: Fugi also softclaimed a PR, if you didn't notice his post back there. I thought he was a VT (mentioned this) and was hoping scum would think the same, but I guess not. Nightkills are WIFOM, too. But thanks for the vote.

@Mod
: Try messaging players/mods you've played with before if you can't find any replacements?
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:29 am

Post by TheLonging »

unvote
vote: ready2rock

waiting on Kov's replacement to talk btw
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

Sebguer
Sebguer
Goon
Sebguer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Sebguer »

Sorry, apparently my PM-to-email got shut off at some point since the last time I was here. Had no clue Soras had replied to me until just now, and haven't had a chance to read yet.

Anything pressing I should be aware of before I start reading?
Sebguer
Sebguer
Goon
Sebguer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Sebguer »

Or rather, while I start reading.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Acknowledging prod, echoing TL.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by TheLonging »

DH, essi, and ortiz are claimed neighbors. DH flipped town. I claimed tracker (and before that softclaimed it). Suspicion is waffling between me, ready2rock, Kov (who you're replacing), Pie, and ortiz.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

Sebguer
Sebguer
Goon
Sebguer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Sebguer »

Holy balls. Just finished my read... brain is melting. I'm really going to have to read again, now that I have an idea for the scale of this game.

For the moment:

1. I'm sorry my predecessor couldn't put together a single cogent post.

2. Jack needs to stop imbibing whatever mind-altering drugs he's on. All of them, preferably, though a simple reduction in intake would be welcome as well. I don't think he's scum, but he's definitely odd as hell. Has he really contributed anything to this game beyond the very dedicated lynching of a townie? Jester? SK? Jester's what I thought the moment I read his "Hey Gaiz wut iz traitor" post. (Can there be jesters in normal?)

3. Fugi's death is a WIFOM. It's convenient that he died when he was tunneling Pie, and that definitely makes him suspicious, but again- textbook WIFOM. Which I'm certain is going to play out (by the precedent set by day 1) for the next forty pages.

4. Haschel has been very quiet. In fact, of all the players in the game, he's the one I can't really remember as notable at all. Maybe my memory just sucks.

5. Esurio is as close to a definite townie as I can imagine existing- though some odd things have been said that might make me revise this position on second reading.

6. Esurio's judgment was correct on DH (their initial read was that both of the other neighbors are townie), and for the moment I agree on Ortiz's towniness. The 'case' against him, as I recall it, was pretty crap.

7. Twomz is just a very stupid Jack as far as I can tell. Definitely more anti-town, with his joyous proclamation that he'd love to drop the hammer on anyone that hits -1, even before they can claim.

8. TL - I'm not sure of. His claim was weirdly timed, but with apparently well-recognized precedent, and he was conveniently blocked. Then again, that's not exactly surprising.

9. R2r and Friend are kind of in the same boat as Haschel. I don't remember much of what they said. Though, in this case, it's certainly my memory and not lack of notability. They did some important things, I just can't remember them.

Think I caught everyone?
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by TheLonging »

what about MvK/ortiz?
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

Sebguer
Sebguer
Goon
Sebguer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by Sebguer »

#6.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”