NY 118 - BBM's Large Normal Mafia (Game!)

Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:56 am

Post by Mysterio »

/confirm
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Vote: Frank

For questioning the mod's ability to count votes.;)

@Xite, I wonder if you'll fall for it again?
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:44 am

Post by Mysterio »

Unvote

Vote: JDodge

Way too sure of his reads this early in the game when half the players haven't even posted yet.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Mysterio »

@dana, what specifically has Frank done to make you think he is scum? So far, I've only gathered an OMGUS vote and you complaining that he might be making a weak case against you (hint: it's not weak). These are not scum tells, that is simply you pissed off at the notion that someone wants you lynched.

Also, I still don't understand how anyone can be so sure of a read this early in the game. It could very well be possible that dana is just playing terribly, you can't know for sure. To act as if it's an open and shut case and we should lynch a few pages after the game started is ridiculous. Both JDodge and now Frank are guilty of this.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Furcolow wrote:Thank you for saying my case isn't weak. You flip-flop on this somewhat by discrediting it for being early on in the game.
Not at all. I said your case wasn't weak, not that dana is sure fire scum, which is what you've continuously implied in your posts. He is indeed the scummiest player
so far
, which is why I wanted to give him a chance to explain his weak scumhunting case against you. Having said that...
dana wrote:@ Mysterio
I could understand if you didn't read the thread, but if you did...what? How can you not know what Furc has done? The very first post I made in our argument lays it out clearly. His posts have been full of self-contradictions, confusing/invalid logic, and assumptions used as proof. He wants UA lynched more but is voting for me, for instance. And he wants the day to end ASAP judging by the nature of his posts.
This is a completely worthless reply. I asked you to explain yourself, not just repeat your claims. I saw no contradictions in his posts, and everything else you've just repeated is exactly what I already categorized as you thinking Frank has a weak case against you. Even if I were to accept your claims 100%, at worst it simply means Frank is wrong about you. It does NOT, however, mean that he is scummy. That is something you've failed to make a valid case for.

As it happens, you've neither shown that Frank is wrong or explained how he is scummy. As such, I'll go ahead and
Unvote
Vote: dana
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Mysterio »

I think it was pretty obvious that I voted for dana after he gave me that worthless reply. I asked him why he thought Frank's case was weak and why he thought Frank was scum. He was unable to answer either question, and simply repeated his claim that Frank was being contradictory even though he never bothered to actually point anything out specifically. I saw no reason to hold out my vote at that point.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Mysterio »

You should have kept reading, because Frank brings up the same exact point you've just made, which I responded to.

Post #186
Mysterio wrote:Not at all. I said your case wasn't weak, not that dana is sure fire scum, which is what you've continuously implied in your posts. He is indeed the scummiest player so far, which is why I wanted to give him a chance to explain his weak scumhunting case against you.
There's a difference between acting as if we should just lynch and go home and simply acknowledging that a certain player is the scummiest so far. Hence why I didn't vote for dana until he had a chance to answer my questions.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Mysterio »

Are you deliberately ignoring dana's reply to me which caused me to vote for him, or are you just hoping no one notices it?
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Mysterio »

flinter wrote:
Mysterio wrote:Are you deliberately ignoring dana's reply to me which caused me to vote for him, or are you just hoping no one notices it?
Does that change anything about your idea that we should end the game too soon, and we should be too confident?

I fail to see how anything dana says should change your opinion about how fast a lynch should go in general.
Is this a serious question? Of course my opinion on a fast lynch will change depending on how scummy the suspected player acts. I gave him a chance to explain himself and also make a case against Frank. He did neither. Why would I not vote for him at that point?
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Mysterio »

danakillsu wrote:I'm a cop. Breadcrumb in iso 23 "Could Of Played". Will post more at around 9:30 CST.
Link the post, please.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Mysterio »

None of that exposition was necessary, nor does it even help your case. The fact is we have to unvote simply because we can't know either way. Thing is, if you're not a cop, you'll be outed soon enough. So, no harm in letting you live for now.

Unvote
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:40 am

Post by Mysterio »

Furcolow wrote:he has no chance of using his role whatsoever
if he doesnt die, and there's no protection, he's scum
if he actually is a cop, they will stack their kills on him
therefore, if he is a cop, he won't ever be able to investigate at all, as he's going to die
by lynching him, we are protecting our other power roles from being lynched

and yes, i can lynch a claimed cop day 1 if he is lying
i believe he is lying
i can lynch danakillsu on day 1
This is called tunneling, not to mention you're ignoring many different factors in order to try and simplify the game into something that isn't mafia. Couple this with your insistence on dana being sure fire scum and I'm forced to conclude that you are bussing.

Vote: Frank
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Mysterio »

@Frank, Porochaz isn't the only one who suspects you. Why are you picking him out to vote against? Do you have no other reads besides your massive tunneling on dana?
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Mysterio »

@flinter, your argument doesn't make sense (didn't call you stupid ;) ). Claiming is what saved him from being lynched. If he is indeed a cop, it was totally pro-town to claim and stop a D1 lynch. At least he now has a chance to use his power, which wouldn't be the case at all if he was lynched. If he isn't a cop, then he still made a pretty good move from a scum point of view. Either way, the claim itself is a null tell.

Anyway, this game seems to be going in circles. Now we have a vote on Porochaz by wickedestjr for the same weak reason he voted me, and a vote on singersinger for... what exactly? Pointing out Frank's bad posts? Good one. We need to lynch Frank, and depending on how he flips, we look at Wraith and dana.

@mod, my vote is on Frank, not hiphop.

Got it.
Last edited by Flameaxe on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Mysterio »

Wickedestjr wrote:
Mysterio wrote:Now we have a vote on Porochaz by wickedestjr for the same weak reason he voted me,
This is not true.
You called my vote on dana opportunistic and voted for me, and now you're calling Porochaz's vote on Frank opportunistic and you're voting for him. In both cases, you've avoided voting on the two main wagons and are now using votes on those same wagons as a scum tell. What this looks like to me is a deliberate attempt to manufacture scum tells by using whatever wagon pops up. I have a feeling if the Frank wagon dies and some other wagon pops up, you'll vote someone else for being "opportunistic". This is called fake scumhunting.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Mysterio »

The hiphop wagon looks weak. He hasn't had as many slips as Frank, however I agree that his earlier posts were totally worthless. The non-voters need to chime in, but I still see no reason to question a Frank lynch. Even if you want to peg him as a newbie, that's actually reason in favor of lynching him. Since he's taking attention away from actual scum, he's only hurting town. If he turns out to be scum, then all the better.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Mysterio »

Yeah, singer called that one perfectly. I still think we should lynch Frank, and just let the night actions give us info about these cop claims. Depending on what happens, we can pressure dana or Parker D2.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Mysterio »

Wraith sounds like a good lynch for today. His play has been everything other than pro-town, so he's most likely to be scum than anyone else at this point.

Vote: Wraith

@Shanba, do you mind actually making a case for your random vote? How was my reasoning strange? And how did I not contribute?

As for dana, his investigation choice makes perfect sense to me. Bunnylover's post was apparently based on a misunderstanding (he didn't know Parker claimed cop), so I'll give him a pass for now. Although I'm not sure how you managed to miss that.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Xite91 wrote:Hey myst? What happened to that awesome scumhunting I saw before? Why are you staying so far under the radar this game?
My activity in all of my games is shit, and will continue to be until I hammer out a workable routine now that school has started up again. Don't expect anything similar to my previous play.

Also, I think my vote on Wraith is well placed. It doesn't require a huge post to point out Wraith's laughable play Day 1 with his self-lynch proposal and his ridiculous reaction at the start of Day 2, including the self-vote. Wraith has been suspicious to me since way back in post #444. No reason to vote anyone else at this point.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (isolation #19) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:14 am

Post by Mysterio »

Ugh, my reads on this game are weak because of my own lack of activity, but Wraith seems like a no brainer lynch at this point, which makes things a bit easier. Once I have more free time, I'll make a full case on some of my other scum reads.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (isolation #20) » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Posted in my other games:

I've been stupidly busy these last few days. I'll try to get a relevant post up sometime tomorrow.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (isolation #21) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:53 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Forgot about this game for a bit. I honestly can't be bothered to make a huge wall post and it doesn't look like we're short of them.

@Kise, yes I see what wickedest did there. He's once again avoiding the main wagons for obvious townie points and somehow thinks Wraith is town. First of all, he never explains why he thinks Wraith is town. Furthermore, his fake scumhunting seems to originate from a scum perspective. As a townie, avoiding bandwagons because it might make you look scummy shouldn't even cross your mind. You say my vote on Wraith makes me look scummy?
I don't care[/b]. I'm voting for Wraith because I think he's scum and I support his lynch, I'm not interested in gaining townie points by avoiding wagons. Which looks a lot like what wickedest is doing. He then places a vote on Flinter who has absolutely NO CHANCE of being lynched. It is essentially a throw away vote.

At this point, I support lynching Wraith or wickedest. Doesn't matter which one.

@Xite, that gambit was just... lol. I see what you did there, so I'm inclined to assume you're town.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1090 (isolation #22) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by Mysterio »

EBWOP: Fail tag, should be italicized like so:
I don't care.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1097 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:44 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Gorrad wrote:Xite, the person you've been pushing all day is at L-3 and you swap wagons? Gods above and below, if I didn't think you were town I'd see scum bailing from vote count analysis. Stop being an ADD fruitcake and finish off one scum before going to another.
+1. Xite, what are you doing? You may think Robb is
scummier
, but do you still think Wraith is scummy at all? If so, you need to be voting a scummy player that actually has a chance of being lynched. I don't see anyone lynching Robb or anyone else for that matter while Wraith is still in the game.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (isolation #24) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:48 pm

Post by Mysterio »

Xite91 wrote:0) Oh... just realized this. I feel less like you were buddying suddenly.
1) Made my case against this and I still believe in this part.
2) Pretty much adds up to the same as post 1
4) This post has a scummy vibe to it
5) Screaming for towncreds...
Don't really like his ISO's, but it honestly doesn't look like flailing scum .
11) I like this post. It's smart, something I wish I could see more of from almost everyone.
13) The second part of this one seems odd to me because you describe exactly what dana does as something scum would do to keep from getting lynched, but you still believe his claim? This doesn't make sense.
14) That is a completely wrong statistic. But honestly I believe it was a townie mistake, because scum would be much more aware of how many scum there are.
15) As good an idea that may seem to be, it's not likely AT ALL.
16) That last post is way too much WIFOM
17) Keeping this post in mind (here's where he says, oh lynch me!)
18) I WANT TOWNCREDS!!!!!
20) Directing the vig?
27) Read whole posts plox, not just sentences.
28) Why this post?
29) This is where you become super-scum. Just a vote and a post saying (oh, you will vote me for this, but I don't care)
31) AtE
34) This looks a lot like a prepared attack on me for later...
35) ... I just don't like this post...
36) WIFOM
37) Used by both, but just gets ridiculously confusing and annoying
40) Directs the Doc too?

Sorry, again, too lazy to finish... if you want to see the rest of this, just ask. The rest might wait till later, but I was given a second day off (and nothing of importance to get done YAY!), so I should get it done then. Sorry I keep making this promise... RL's a bitch.
Who's iso is this? Also, this isn't helpful at all. You can iso anyone in this game and pull something like this. You're just going through each post and proclaiming "AtE" or "WIFOM" etc, which doesn't help anyone figure out if that person is actually scummy.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (isolation #25) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:11 am

Post by Mysterio »

Wow, we have votes on 10 different people. Obvious scum derailment of Wraith wagon.

@Xite, you need to fully explain why you think Wraith is town. Your weird iso of him doesn't even remotely suggest that he could be town.

@Kise, would you be willing to die in a lake of fire if prozac flips town?

@UltimaAvalon, be more useless.

@flinter, explain why you're voting for me and not bussing your buddy Wraith. You'll get a lot more town points that way.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (isolation #26) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:30 am

Post by Mysterio »

flinter wrote:
Mysterio wrote:@flinter, explain why you're voting for me and not bussing your buddy Wraith. You'll get a lot more town points that way.
Since the answer on this question can already be found in thread (I have already told you why I think you are scum). Further, I have stated I don't believe the wraith wagon is accurate.

So, this question only has one purpose: to show that Mysterio is thinking about a Wraith-Flinter scumteam without actually saying it. I like my town players when they don't hide their opinions. Why this "question"?
You have no reasoning whatsoever. What little parroted reasoning you had Day 1 was immediately shot down, hence why you didn't respond to it and ended up switching your vote to singersigner. Now you're claiming that my response didn't convince you and so you've voted me again (parroting Shanba this time). Start bussing and earn yourself some townie points, please.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1185 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Mysterio »

For the love of Zues, lynch this guy so we can move on.

@wickedest, I am NOT voting for flinter. She is
probably
scum just from her play, but Wraith is by far the scummiest player I have ever seen in a game. No one claiming he is town has given any reasons for it except "gut". Well guess what? I don't give a crap about your gut reads. What is the pro-town result of keeping Wraith alive if indeed you somehow believe he's town? He is a scummy distraction with nothing useful to add. Do you want him at LyLo? Because I sure as hell don't.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1189 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:08 am

Post by Mysterio »

Hey flinter, stop coaching Wraith and just bus him please.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1232 (isolation #29) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:34 am

Post by Mysterio »

We really need a deadline. This game has become stagnant.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (isolation #30) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by Mysterio »

I'm still here, not flaking. Not much else to say except flinter's buddying of Wraith is becoming a bit too obvious for no one else to have mentioned it. Wickedest may have been on to something with his vote.

I haven't ISO'd anyone else nor do I intend to until I have more free time. Skimming the last page, Robb is under attack for playing like a VI. Gotta love how this game seems to be chalk full of VI's.

Will fully respond to whatever needs responding to tomorrow.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (isolation #31) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Mysterio »

danakillsu wrote:Alrighty, well it's time for everyone to be voting for Wraith or Mysterio, no ifs ands or buts. Only thing that could change this is a good old deadline extension, but I don't expect to be given one, considering how much time we've had. Just in case I die tonight, I want to say that Xite is probably scum.
Uh, you're not dieing tonight.

Also, failtown is fail.

@Shanba, Wraith hasn't acted scummy? Either you are retarded town or his scum buddy.

Xite continuing to clutter this thread with possibly the dumbest argument I have ever seen with Robb also makes him/her/it suspicious. Flinter buddying Wraith is obvious at this point as well.

Scum team = Wraith, Xite, flinter, Shanba + a few lurkers, possibly throw in bunnylover and UA

Anyone voting for me right now is deliberately trying to derail an obvscum wagon, cause another townie to claim, and possibly miss the deadline ending up in a no lynch. The latter two points hurts town no matter what. If another wagon on one of the players I mentioned (notably flinter and Xite) were guaranteed, I would have no problems switching from one scum wagon to another. But as it stands that seems unlikely, thus voting for anyone else right now will most likely result in a no lynch. If you're pro-town, vote Wraith now.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1417 (isolation #32) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Mysterio »

Flameaxe wrote:As with any other vote, I am going to ask for bolds on deadline extension requests so I can clearly see if we get enough votes for it.
Didn't see this. If we're allowed to extend the deadline, I support this 100%. Does this need to be a formal vote?

We need more time for town to come to its senses.
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1419 (isolation #33) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Mysterio »

Unvote

Vote: Deadline Extension
Mysterio
Mysterio
Goon
Mysterio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1422 (isolation #34) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Mysterio »

Flameaxe wrote:I'll clarify, the count for deadline extension is independent of other votes, so you can keep your vote on someone else, just vote for deadline extension separately.
Got it. I'm putting my regular vote back on Wraith.

Vote: Wraith

@Robb, the votes on me are due mostly because of inactivity. A terribly stupid excuse to derail the wagon on Wraith. As a result, we have gotten some fairly scummy reads on the likes of Xite and flinter, and to a lesser extent Shanba. As for UA and bunnylover, the self-voting uselessness of UA and the wishy-washy non-committal play of bunnylover makes them questionable at best.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”