Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Porochaz »

farside22 wrote:Also stupid question incoming:
Does a weak doctor still protect a player? I assume yes but I'm not 100% on this.
Yeah. Town player he protects. Scum player he dies.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by vollkan »

farside22 wrote:Also stupid question incoming:
Does a weak doctor still protect a player? I assume yes but I'm not 100% on this.
Yeah; I do still protect. That's why I can be so confident that Sotty is town; my precedessor didn't die on protecting him and then there was no NK yesterday.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by farside22 »

Porochaz wrote:Ok so I read back from page 10 and I said before its about as funny as scraping my eyeballs out with a rusty nail in that, I would have been voting Charlie by the end of day 1, and I would be voting Jason here. (I am going to let him answer farsides question though) My other read is on my biggest fan herself, farisde (!), as I stated before Im having trouble with her meta and whats more Im having trouble with the fact she is being a bit dickish towards my v/la, which is unusual for her, the mafia mum. However my case kinda boils down to her different attitude and I haven't played with her in a while but something is really really off. However I am finding myself unable to make a case which isnt meta and gut.
You have the sig thing turned off?
If so my sig has been stating this for about 5 months give or take
It's the bitch in me that enjoys seeing people get their comeuppance.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I remember when I could come to you for hugs :(
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:16 pm

Post by Sando »

That seems like an awful lot of research to do in 80 minutes...
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:30 pm

Post by vollkan »

Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:39 pm

Post by Sando »

I was thinking of 'weak doc + other doc', not specifically a plain doc. Fair enough then.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:11 pm

Post by Zajnet »

I'm really sorry that I haven't posted more. I really don't want to have to replace out of this game because of RL issues, but I'll be V/LA until Monday the 30th for a scholarship retreat. If Incog feels the need to replace me, so be it, but I should be find to post regularly after I get back on Monday.

I think we should lynch the guy who just claimed doc and got CCd. I'll go ahead and:
VOTE: jason
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:40 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Poro wrote:As you may or may not know
.I have a problem retaining information, now I don't like using it as an excuse and will try my best to play regardless
, my usual play is to delve into day 1 and make my mark and find a "hook", obviously due to my exam period I couldn't do that so when I read back over the past pages, in my opinion, to be quite frank,
I read some of the most mind numbingly dull and pointless stuff that was absolutely useless to me
, which made reading up a real drag.
Bolded for emphasis –

So the reasons you have done little in the way of scum-hunting are –

1. You are busy IRL
2. You don’t retain information (which you include even though you ‘don’t’ like using it as an excuse)
3. Everyone else is playing in a fashion that you find boring and not useful.

Number 1 I can understand. Number 2 isn’t a real reason and number 3 is just plain bad.

You catch-up post really doesn’t have anything significant to say. You don’t develop why you would be voting for Jason and your suspicion of farside is that she isn’t a ‘cuddly Mom’.
Jason wrote:If you read my whole post.. I also had issues with how he never mentioned Sotty after post 79 yet had her second highest scum. And how I felt he was opertunistic jumping on my wagon with the vote.
I read the whole post since I quoted it directly :roll:

You don’t address how Volkann’s early suspicion of Sotty (where she accrued her points) should mean that he has find her later post suspicious. And you don’t address how her having the second most points (and having aquired them in his first analysis post) somehow indicates he is scum.
Jack wrote:Last page is pretty bad, someone hammer, don't wait for a claim.
Jack wrote:I was thinking there weren't any worthwhile power roles after cop and that it would be best to push through without a claim. doc is sort of confirmed though...hmm.
The flip-flop here is fantastic. Note the short-sighted way he attempts to ‘confirm’ that the Doc is the only way there could be no NK.

Compare it to Vollkan’s stament –
vollkan wrote:For thos who don't know the role, the difference between me and the standard sort of doctor is that I die if I target mafia.

Last night, my predecessor protected Sotty. Which means that, absent any other PRs affecting what happened, Sotty is not mafia.
One of these perspectives is Town. If you think its Jack think again.
Sando wrote:I think I've made it clear that I think Jack is quite scummy. I think that considering his play from Weeds mafia, Ythan is looking very different from his previous play, and as that was town-play, it must be considered scummy.
I agree his play here is 180 degrees from Weeds. That said – did you look at any more recent games (and games where he replaced in)? I haven't dug into him myself. I need to put that on my to-do list.
Sando wrote:That seems like an awful lot of research to do in 80 minutes...
Are you just tunnelling vollkan here?
Zaj wrote:I think we should lynch the guy who just claimed doc and got CCd. I'll go ahead and:
VOTE: Jason
Thanks for coming in and providing nothing in the way of opinion as to who Jason's partners are.

Jason has been countered and I think it is pretty plain that he’s full of crap.

NOTE – HE IS AT L-1 SO DO NOT HAMMER UNTIL LOCKE GETS SOME CHANCE TO WEIGH IN ON THE DAY.

If Jason does indeed flip Scum (which I'm 99.99% sure he will at this point) I think Jack should be next in line. Read his interactions with Jason today and how he 'transitions' to Jason as scum instead of me.

MOD
- I'll be V/LA from 4pm EDT until Monday in the evening for weekend family duties and my wife's surgery Monday.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:49 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Ah well, I drew the Doc out of hiding, I guess my work is done :)

unvote
vote: JasonT1981
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:23 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Awesome.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:36 am

Post by vollkan »

jasonT1981 wrote:Ah well, I drew the Doc out of hiding, I guess my work is done :)

unvote
vote: JasonT1981
First, Jason's choice of words in the above further establishes that Sotty is town, because he would have had no reason to want to draw the doc out unless he knew there was a doc (ie by his side's kill being stopped).

Second, seeing as I probably won't be around tomorrow, I want to go back to my scumometer briefly:
vollkan wrote:
Vollkan’s Scumometer
Ythan
farside
Jack
Locke
MOI
Prozac
Sando
Sotty
Jason (nee Zach)
Zaj
Vote: Jason
Obviously, you can disregard Sotty's ranking now.

I have three players on 50: Jack, MOI and Ythan. Of those three, I am only confident in my MOI read. Ythan hasn't posted much and Jack has a playstyle that I find very hard to read.

I also would like to do a thorough reread of Jack, because something in his play bothers me but I can't work out what it is. To a much lesser extent, I would say the same about Farside.

Anyway, as somebody who basically doesn't believe in town-tells, it's extremely rare for anybody to go below 50 for me. But while Jack's and Ythan's 50s are basically due to me not being able to read them, MOI's 50 is actually due to an absence of scumtells. I emphasise this right now because quite a few people have attacked MOI and NONE of the reasons thus far have been remotely convincing to me. Unless somebody can present a thorough and comprehensive case on MOI, I'd advise against his lynch.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:52 am

Post by Jack »

Zajnet is so clearly the lynch for tomorrow.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:19 am

Post by vollkan »

In 20-200 words, why Zaj?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Jack »

How about 3 letters, p-o-e? That alone leads me to zajnet and ythan. But ok:
Jack wrote:
Zajnet wrote:Whoops, got prodded. Time flies when I'm taking 16 hours of honors courses >.> speaking of which, gotta run to one of them. I'll post a catch-up post and some analysis later tonight.
This post is today, wednesday.

He posted content in another game today.

On tuesday he had 8 posts, in 3 different games.

monday he posted once

sunday was the last time he'd posted

So why is he pretending like he's been busy with honors courses and hasn't had time to post? That excuse reads fake to me.

In trader mafia as town he had 93 posts--10% of the game. Here he has 14 posts--less than 4%. And they have been very content light.
Jack wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:I dont dispute him being busy with courses, I know how busy you can get when doing stuff like that. My final year nearly everything was sacrificed to get it done, social life... games etc. I had little time to do anything else.

How recent was Trader mafia though? Maybe he has just taken on too many games and is suffering for that.
But he obviously isn't busy with courses :?
The bs in the lurker excuses is pretty obvious. You have to read it that way though. One thing about your points system is that you should divide points by number of posts, otherwise it will miss the lurkers.

Also it looks like I was right and that we should have pushed to a lynch without a claim.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:05 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In the time remaining I think everyone should give attention to the following players over night –

1. Jack – His flip-flop today on Jason based on ‘meta’ and his previous interactions with Jason are worth a closer look. I also haven’t forgotten his ‘Masonizer’ gambit.

2. Zajnet – The second day in a row he has provided no content and has posted a horrible late vote. Day 1 he hammered Charlie without asking for a claim. Today his unsupported vote allowed Jason to self hammer, which prevented further scum-connection hunting and kept Locke from making any contributions today.

3. Poro and Ythan – both are lurking and providing little content.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:17 am

Post by Incognito »

Incognito's Final Vote Count of Day 2 wrote:
jasonT1981 (6) <-~ Sotty7, MagnaofIllusion, farside22, vollkan, Zajnet, jasonT1981

Jack (1) <-~ Ythan
vollkan (1) <-~ Sando
Zajnet (1) <-~ Jack

Not voting (2) <-~ Locke Lamora, Porochaz

6 is a lynch.

The very first night after the mysterious dog died didn't seem so bad after all. I mean, after the public lynching of Charlie nobody died and all 11 of you appeared the next day at the town square ready to discuss this whole thing some more. It was still kind of awkward though - if the dog was some kind of a bad omen, why exactly DID nothing happen during the night? Whatever it was that happened ultimately didn't matter though - the important thing was you all were alive and well.

But what about this Jason fellow? He looked like a shady character, no? The accusations and finger-pointing nearly grew to the point where the majority of you decided that he had to die.

"But I'm a Doctor!" shouted Jason.

"Oh yeah?" inquired one of you. "If you're a doctor, lemme see your medical license."

Jason reached into the inside of his jacket pocket but upon doing so, a gun fell from beneath his coat. Realizing that he was definitely caught at that point, Jason took the noose with his own hands, tied it around his own neck, and hung himself for all of the town to see.

"I hope you all burn in Hell!" shouted Jason before the air escaped from his lungs.

The sight was almost too gruesome to see. Some of you turned away while some of you wish you had popcorn to enjoy the spectacle. The important thing though was this: one of those evil forces that that letter had mentioned was officially dead.

jasonT1981,
Mafia Goon (Mafia)
, lynched Day 2

It is now Night 2. Please have any and all Night actions in to me within 72 hours of this post. Game should restart on Tuesday, August 31st at about 12 P.M. EDT.
Last edited by Incognito on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Incognito »

Ythan has requested replacement. Looking for one now. Night will not end until I find one.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Incognito »

Erg0 replaces Ythan effective immediately. Thanks, Erg0.

Night 2 will continue within the same timeframe.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:30 am

Post by Incognito »

Fertilizer, alcohol swabs, and gasoline.

It was a most gruesome death. Finding vollkan with his head planted face down into the ground in some neighboring field was nearly unbearable to see. By the looks of things, it seems like whoever did this poured the gasoline over vollkan's body to burn him alive. The fertilizer was poured over his head in an attempt to muffle his screaming but in reality, it only served to quicken the death as vollkan was unable to breathe beneath the heavy pile. And the alcohol swabs? vollkan was carrying a bunch of those in his trusty doctor's bag during the night.

"Those monsters," spoke one of you, finally.

vollkan,
Weak Doctor (Town)
, killed Night 2

It is now Day 3. D3's deadline is set for Tuesday, September 14th at 11 A.M. EDT.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:49 am

Post by farside22 »

I need to look at the wagon's from day 1 and day 2.
Jack's play is starting to remind me of PYP2 where he was scum.
@Poro: Where are you in this game? What views do you have on those who voted for Jason

Zajant: input pronto!
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:50 am

Post by farside22 »

Mod: I will be on V/LA Friday Sept 3rd and be back some time Monday Sept 6th.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:33 am

Post by Jack »

vote:zajnet
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:36 am

Post by Sotty7 »

VOTE: Erg0

Locke thoughts on your time away?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Incognito »

Bumping a vote count.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”