Newbie 152 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mprty5
mprty5
Townie
mprty5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:21 am

Post by mprty5 »

mprty5 wrote:I'll give Narninian and Marbak a chance to explain themselves before I vote for one of them.
I am wating for others to speak. I said what I thought. Then I waited for people to post. I don't see how saying reasons that people could be mafia is wrong. In fact, isn't that the whole point?
Sig? What's that? It's what I'm typing right now???????

Cool - you get your own page on this site!
http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/mprty5
mprty5
mprty5
Townie
mprty5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:27 am

Post by mprty5 »

Marbak and Thok have defended themselves. I'll buy them for now.
UNVOTE:Thok

I'm wating for Narninian to defend himself.

ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:28 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Giving reasons why you think people are suspicious or why they might be mafia is fine. Concluding after a page in a half that the mafia is 2 out of 3 people is something different. It relays an assurity that you know something we don't. So either you are A) Scum or B) Think you're that good.
mprty5
mprty5
Townie
mprty5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:16 pm

Post by mprty5 »

"Concluding" and saying that "I think" are two very different things. I don't rembember saying anything that they were mafia no matter what. And hey, I'm a newbie. How am I going to know that a page and a half is not much?

ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:24 pm

Post by ibaesha »

I note the difference between 'I think' and 'conclude'. But your 'I think' relayed an awful lot of assurity from my perspective. However, as I said, I'm not anywhere near ready to end the day. Up to this point I find you most suspicious and so that's where my vote is. Barring that, I don't like when people contribute nothing.

FOS: Narninian
mprty5
mprty5
Townie
mprty5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:38 pm

Post by mprty5 »

Narninian could be quiet in the hopes we'll ignore him, and that Mr. Aggressive Townie (a.k.a. me) will get himself lynched.

I'm not ready to vote for him, as I've just learned to wait before voting.

He also could just be a Towine, and needs to post more. I'll wait and see what I think when (or if) he posts.

Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:28 pm

Post by Thok »

mprty5, you will need to find a healthy balance between attacking everything as suspicious and backing up and doing nothing. Heck, I find your unvote of me a little worrisome, since I was nowhere near being lynched and you didn't move it anywhere. It sort of feels like you were caught with your hand in the cookie jar, and now are trying to quickly get out of town without being caught. (Mixed metaphors are fun!)

I'll ask this again, since you didn't answer it (even though Kiarlea did)-was there any reason you weren't trying to get Kiarlea to post more?

Narninian, can we get anything new from you or the handsome Bruno?
mprty5
mprty5
Townie
mprty5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:46 am

Post by mprty5 »

Thok wrote:I'll ask this again, since you didn't answer it (even though Kiarlea did)-was there any reason you weren't trying to get Kiarlea to post more?
I'm not her boss. I'm not in charge of making people post more. I do find Narninian suspicious for not posting
at all
. He has taken too long now.
VOTE:Narninian
- at least until he posts.
(I am willing to put a third vote on him depending on the contents of his next post)
You must have liked the contents, because you didn't vote for me.
mprty5, you will need to find a healthy balance between attacking everything as suspicious and backing up and doing nothing. Heck, I find your unvote of me a little worrisome, since I was nowhere near being lynched and you didn't move it anywhere. It sort of feels like you were caught with your hand in the cookie jar, and now are trying to quickly get out of town without being caught.
If unvoting makes people look suspious, then why didn't you say anything about Tyfo or Narninian? They did the same thing: unvoted people who were nowhere getting lynched. I'm not saying Tyfo is scum, I just don't get why you think I'm scum, yet don't think the same of others who do the same thing.

mprty5
mprty5
Townie
mprty5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:55 am

Post by mprty5 »

mprty5 wrote:who were nowhere getting lynched
DOH :evil: :evil:
I meant nowhere
near
getting lynched.

Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:14 am

Post by Thok »

mprty5 wrote:
Thok wrote:I'll ask this again, since you didn't answer it (even though Kiarlea did)-was there any reason you weren't trying to get Kiarlea to post more?
I'm not her boss. I'm not in charge of making people post more. I do find Narninian suspicious for not posting
at all
. He has taken too long now.
VOTE:Narninian
- at least until he posts.
There's not that much of a difference between contentless posts and no posts. If you are annoyed with a person for not posting, you shouldn't be happy if they make empty posts.

Besides, I don't really think any of Kiarlea's posts realy count as that much of a post.
(I am willing to put a third vote on him depending on the contents of his next post)
You must have liked the contents, because you didn't vote for me.
No, I'm just being patient. I find your play somewhat inconsistent, and that worries me. That said, you have a point about Narninian, and we should get him to say something soon.

Incidentally, putting words into somebody's mouth (for example, claiming I liked your previous post) is generally considered a scum tell.
mprty5, you will need to find a healthy balance between attacking everything as suspicious and backing up and doing nothing. Heck, I find your unvote of me a little worrisome, since I was nowhere near being lynched and you didn't move it anywhere. It sort of feels like you were caught with your hand in the cookie jar, and now are trying to quickly get out of town without being caught.
If unvoting makes people look suspious, then why didn't you say anything about Tyfo or Narninian? They did the same thing: unvoted people who were nowhere getting lynched. I'm not saying Tyfo is scum, I just don't get why you think I'm scum, yet don't think the same of others who do the same thing.
I'm not suspicious of the unvoting-I'm suspicious of the very aggressive play followed by the unvoting. Again, it seems inconsistent.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:55 am

Post by ibaesha »

mprty5 wrote:I'm not saying Tyfo is scum
Noted for later reference should mprty5 turn out to be scum. Tyfo isn't contributing a whole lot either. We've essentially got three people talking, three people lurking, and one bordering on it. Why is this? I have some speculation about it, but I'd really like to hear from others.
Tyfo
Tyfo
Goon
Tyfo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:17 am

Post by Tyfo »

Sorry for that; I've still been watching the game. but just did not feel that I would have anything valuable to contribute.

However, my FOS on mprty5 still stands strong; he switch from subtle mass-blaming to bandwagoning and defending - it just seems scummy.
Marbak
Marbak
Townie
Marbak
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:02 am

Post by Marbak »

FOS: mprty5

I still don't like the way your playing one jolt, particularly with the rather sudden unvote after some aggressive accusations, but I agree that Narninian and Kiarlea should start commenting more on events. Narninian only has two posts and Kiarlea only has a few more than that, if I recall.
Tyfo wrote:However, my FOS on mprty5 still stands strong; he switch from
subtle
mass-blaming to bandwagoning and defending - it just seems scummy.
I wouldn't call his mass blaming all that "subtle". :wink:
mprty5
mprty5
Townie
mprty5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:28 pm

Post by mprty5 »

Tyfo wrote:defending
Of course I suddenly start defending! Before, I didn't have 2 votes and 3 FOSes on me. What's the point of defending yourself if your only vote is a random one?
Thok wrote:I'm not suspicious of the unvoting-I'm suspicious of the very aggressive play followed by the unvoting. Again, it seems inconsistent.
Because after a vote on me and 3 FOSes, I found out the aggressive play wasn't working.
Marbak wrote:sudden unvote
Yet when Thok makes a sudden unvote, you don't find it at all odd.

Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:19 pm

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Narninian and Kiarlea have been prodded to get them posting again.
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:58 pm

Post by Narninian »

I'm back I apoligize for being absent... this past day, I had a bad allergy attack (never knew I had an alergy), and before that I was swamped with other stuff... I am looking back for what it is I'm supposed to be *defending* -- I'm assuming its that I was lurking.
The extra in is for /in
Kiarlea
Kiarlea
Townie
Kiarlea
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:09 am

Post by Kiarlea »

I'm a newb for a reason ^_^ I've only played two mafia games on forums before, and they were a lot faster paced than this. Ask Ibby, I'm usually much more aggressive and talkative. Kinda lost by the slow pace, I can't really point fingers when I'm being reminded constantly that this moves much slower than what I'm used to (which is the faster paced forums, and chat mafia).

If you want my opinions on peoples and posts, here goes.

Ibby doesn't looks suspicious - but on the other hand, she never does. ;)

mprty5 gets on my nerves, and that's usually a pretty good sign for me that someone's either a dimwitted newb (no offence intended if you are) or scum. Hence why my vote remains on him - he's done nothing to redeem himself since my random vote on him.

Narninian -really- needs to post, he's lurking worse than I am ^_^ I'm not doing it intentionally, just trying to be less, um, aggressive than normal. I always get called for scum, regardless of whether I am or not.

Tyfo and Thok as far as I'm concerned just seem to be playing the townies (though I wouldn't go as far as calling em vanillas) rather well, no real comment on them either.

Marbak's rather quiet, I'm not real sure if that's newbness or lurking, so I'll keep an eye on that.

(And shite, I forgot I was posting again...)
Kiarlea
Kiarlea
Townie
Kiarlea
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:10 am

Post by Kiarlea »

Pssht, I've been writing that post since before you posted about prodding me.
Marbak
Marbak
Townie
Marbak
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:22 am

Post by Marbak »

mprty5 wrote:
Marbak wrote:sudden unvote
Yet when Thok makes a sudden unvote, you don't find it at all odd.
That’s because it was in completely different circumstances. You unvoted after being aggressive and accusing everyone in sight, Thok unvoted after no such spree. He also unvoted for the purpose of switching his vote, something you didn't do until a few posts later.

To me, your starting to look like scum who is rapidly trying to back away from your aggressive blitzing earlier in the game, and hoping that perhaps some of your accusations will stick.
Tyfo
Tyfo
Goon
Tyfo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:20 am

Post by Tyfo »

Many new and/or supporting arguments;
vote mprty5
mprty5
mprty5
Townie
mprty5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:55 am

Post by mprty5 »

3 votes? I'm doomed. There's no way I'm going to live for much longer. Oh well, you can still win after killing
one
townie. Good luck to you all, and I don't blame you for lynching me, no hard feelings.

Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:10 am

Post by Thok »

Bah. A weak defensive, and mprty5 tries to appeal to town's sympathy while simultaneously making a pointless roleclaim (if you really feel doomed and you are a townie, there's no reason for you to claim-it's often better to lynch a townie than to move on and give scum help finding power roles).

I'll give you a chance to make a real defense, but I'm not sure you deserve one. You have roughly 24 hours (or until somebody else votes you).
mprty5
mprty5
Townie
mprty5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:41 pm

Post by mprty5 »

I'm not defending myself, I'm giving up.

If I could vote for myself, I would.

I don't know what the junk in your post is trying to be, I'd rather get lynched than have to live through 24 more pointless hours.

Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:48 pm

Post by Thok »

There's no rule that says you can't vote yourself; it's frowned upon as possibly bad play, but people do it on occassion.

But I'll do the honors.
vote mprty5
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:13 pm

Post by ibaesha »

unvote: mprty5

Do we have scum or a frustrated townie here? Now that everyone's posted, I'm going to go back over my theory on our lurker game here.

1. Half the town is essentially lurking.
2. Everyone is finding one person suspicious. If mprty5 is scum, that means that his partner is either voting him or has FOSd him. With the way he 'gave up' I'm wondering again if that person might be Tyfo. If mprty5 is town, that means that both scum have taken the easy out and stuck with the person who has made some noise and gotten the rest of the town looking at him.

Now, Narninian has hardly posted. I'm not sure what to think of that. I'm also wondering why we're ready to lynch someone today without his sounding in on the conversation more.

Tyfo hasn't contributed much but parroting and agreeing. I don't see this as very pro-town behavior. Also noted, the ever famous 3rd scummy vote.

Thok, as usual, makes sense. I have a difficult time not agreeing with him, except for this.
Thok wrote:A weak defensive, and mprty5 tries to appeal to town's sympathy while simultaneously
making a pointless roleclaim (if you really feel doomed and you are a townie, there's no reason for you to claim-it's often better to lynch a townie than to move on and give scum help finding power roles).
I don't really see anything wrong with him claiming townie at three votes, even if he feels doomed.

As for Marbak and Kiarlea. Neither have had too much to say today and find mprty5 the most suspicious. Nothing really sticks out for me on either except for Marbak's first reaction to mprty5.

At any rate. I'm not ready to end the day. I want to hear more from Narninian. Also, I'm going to
vote: Tyfo
because there's just too many links. If mprty5 is scum, I'd expect Tyfo to be his partner. If not, then Tyfo's putting on that third vote along with parrotting makes me think he's scum.

While I'm at it,
FOS:Thok
Gut. Something isn't sitting right with me about you.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”