Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Zed »

oh hi Uite.

So I just reread the thread, and I'm really not getting anything new from it. I'm waiting for some other people to answer the questions/respond to posts so I can get a better feel on everyone, becase at this point very little is hitting me.
hi. I am a girl. no more confusion necessary.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by CSL »

Roll Call VI

Uite -2- kunkstar7, Nexus

kunkstar7 -1- quadz08
singersigner -2- Antihero, Lowell
quadz08 -1- singersigner
Lowell -2- a2rudeboy, Zed
Pomegranate -1- springlullaby
a2rudeboy -1- Sevei
Zed -1- Pomegranate

Nonvoters -1- Uite

12 in class, 7 expels

Pomegranate is V/LA until Saturday night.
Nexus is V/LA until Monday

Please tell me if this is off.

Deadline is in two weeks, the 6th of October, at 7:00pm EST. Deadline hitting now means Uite gets kicked out

Warning! 6 days remain!
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by CSL »

Modnote: Consider your role pms with the following line attatched to your wincon:

"...and at least one person remains in your team alive."
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by CSL »

Intimidating prod sent to Antihero.

You got 6 days left. Use them wisely.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by Antihero »

Responding to the very intimidating prod. :lol:

@SL: Well, I disagree with your assessment of Lowell's FoS; looking forward to your elaboration on this issue. I'm also looking forward to your answer to Sevei's question...
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by CSL »

Prodding the following

singersigner
springlullaby

This is spring's final prod.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by singersigner »

Wow, I got a prod after 48 hours+one...kind of ridiculous, but alright.

Posting...
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Ok, I'm back. The homework monster has been subdued, at least temporarily.

Right now, the scummiest player seems to be Zed. The singer/Equinox(now Uite) thing is mostly a null-tell, as others have said. (On that note, HI UITE!!!)

Zed, your ISO #6 is... a stretch, at best, and overall you're presenting your hunch as much more than just a hunch. You most definitely are grasping at straws with that case, and then you deny that you're doing so. I don't discredit the
possibility
, but right now, there's almost no point in bringing it up at all. Speculating about scumbuddies on D1? Come on, now. It just seems like an attempt to produce content, while not using any actual evidence.

VOTE: Zed
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:19 am

Post by springlullaby »

Posting later today.
Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:26 am

Post by Zed »

lol, an attempt to produce content?

Maybe I should have been more clear about which half was the stupid half. The stupid half was adding Antihero into it because while I was slightly suspicious of him at the time, I don't think they're scum buddies.

My serious half was on Lowell. I still say his reasons for FoSing me are bad. I've seen scum FoS someone early on with those kinds of reasons more than innocents. Its an easy way out to look like content is being supplied, and that you have actual suspicions, but really there is nothing to go on.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Uite »

All right! Based on my read through, I have a few following questions/comments. Some of the questions have already been asked by other players, but I really want to see them answered.

a2rudeboy:
Not really much to say, though you could be more active. You say you're in eight games, and on V/LA. How long will your V/LA last, and why are you in so many games if you don't have the time to play?

Antihero:
WTF is up with posts #43 and #45? You've kept your vote on singer ever since, but what actually makes you think she is scum? Why were you defending Equinox? Why did you wait so long to question Lowell here?

kunkstar7:
You seem to have a very strong scumread on Zed, so why aren't you voting her?

Lowell:
You say you're voting singer because of gut. You've also called Zed outright scum here. Why is it more important for you to vote someone you have only a gut read on, instead of someone you have a definite case on? Combined with your RVS vote, it looks like awkwardly executed distancing to me.

Nexus:
You say you wanted to vote for Equinox because she had the most amount of votes, but you accidentally voted Nobody Special instead. Both were at two when you first voted,

Pomegranate:
You haven't contributed much, in addition to being V/LA a lot of the time. You must have more to share, so why don't you?

quadz08:
Why were you so eager to go after Equinox for rolefishing? How is it rolefishing in a game without special roles? Why is the singer/Equinox thing mostly a null-tell, when you attacked her over basically the same thing?

Sevei:
What's with all the votehopping? Seriously, six out of your nine posts contain a change of vote, and you've voted for practically half the playerlist so far.

singersigner:
I get the feeling your discussion with Equinox was pretty much unjustified. The same with your accusation of Antihero misrepping you with the order of his quotes. Many of your other posts are useless fluff. Since your actual helpful contributions are extremely minimal, I'm going to accuse you of active lurking. You're oddly protective of Equinox here, why is that? Two votes out of seven required to lynch isn't that many.

springlullaby:
You've only made one decent post so far. Why is that? Also, why are you voting for Pomegranate without a reason given, while you're simultaneously FoSing two other players?

Zed:
Why did you wait so long to vote Lowell? So said you kept forgetting, but I don't think that's something you miss so easily, so why do you think you forgot repeatedly?

Mod:
I know I'm barely dodging a prod myself as it is, but a2rudeboy, Lowell and Sevei are up for one.

I'm not sure who to vote just yet, there are several good candidates in my opinion. I think I'll wait for the answers to my questions first.

A general note, the way singer and antihero edited their responses into the other's quotes makes it hard to read, and is kinda confusing. Don't do that. This goes for everyone, by the way.

To our absent players, I'd like to say the following: if you can't keep up with the game, please replace out. Your non-contributions are hurting the game. To any of you who are simply lurking: post more!
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Sevei
Sevei
Goon
Sevei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Sevei »

First: I'm sorry I've been away. Had some computer issues, but they are fixed now.
Uite wrote:
Sevei:
What's with all the votehopping? Seriously, six out of your nine posts contain a change of vote, and you've voted for practically half the playerlist so far.
Each person I have voted for had done something I think is scummy. A vote tends to get people's attention when they are asked something, so when I questioned them, I also voted, partly to gauge reactions.

I'm sticking with my vote a2rudeboy because his reaction was to appease.
Uite wrote:
springlullaby:
You've only made one decent post so far. Why is that? Also, why are you voting for Pomegranate without a reason given, while you're simultaneously FoSing two other players?
I've asked this already. I'm also waiting for an answer.
"I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words...I scatter them, in time and space. A message, to lead myself here."
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:26 am

Post by quadz08 »

In response to Uite:

Why were you so eager to go after Equinox for rolefishing? See second question
How is it rolefishing in a game without special roles? ... That's actually a really good question. I hadn't thought about it that way.
Why is the singer/Equinox thing mostly a null-tell, when you attacked her over basically the same thing? The argument in itself was a null-tell for both of them, was what I was attempting to say.

Zed:

Wait, let me get this straight:
Zed, ISO #6 wrote:Now I'll share my hunch. Lowell and Antihero are scum buddies.
Zed, ISO #16 wrote:The stupid half was adding Antihero into it because while I was slightly suspicious of him at the time, I don't think they're scum buddies.
You said they were scumbuddies, and now you're saying that saying one of them was the stupid half, and the other was the serious half? That doesn't even make sense. You attempted to make a specific case connecting them as scumbuddies.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:41 am

Post by singersigner »

Uite...I originally thought there were three votes on him, and since it was RVS, I didn't need to put a forth. That statement alone was made to say that if I felt comfortable putting a random vote on someone with that many votes at the time, it would've been him, for the random reason of her not answering her own questions. I don't know why we're still on it. I didn't make a big deal out of Equinox not answering her own questions until she got *I felt* unreasonably defensive over it.

V/LA through Sunday night.

Noted.
Last edited by CSL on Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Antihero »

Uite wrote:
Antihero:
WTF is up with posts #43 and #45?
What do you want to know about them?
Uite wrote:You've kept your vote on singer ever since, but what actually makes you think she is scum?
The push on equinox, the subsequent backtracking, and the misrep she called me out on that doesn't exist.
Uite wrote:Why were you defending Equinox?
Because the attacks didn't have much merit, and screamed
red herring!

Uite wrote:Why did you wait so long to question Lowell here?
I thought Pom's reation to his post would elicit a response, but since about a page and a half went by after that post, I wanted to make sure it wasn't missed.
Uite wrote:A general note, the way singer and antihero edited their responses into the other's quotes makes it hard to read, and is kinda confusing. Don't do that. This goes for everyone, by the way.
Sorry about that. It's a bad habit I need to break. :lol:
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:15 am

Post by Uite »

Sevei wrote:Each person I have voted for had done something I think is scummy. A vote tends to get people's attention when they are asked something, so when I questioned them, I also voted, partly to gauge reactions.
Fair enough, but I also think that if you're really going for the pressure angle, your vote needs to stick a bit more, or people will not pay that much attention to a vote coming from you.
Sevei wrote:I've asked this already. I'm also waiting for an answer.
I know you asked, look at the top of my post. I just think getting an answer is important enough to ask again.
quadz08 wrote:Why were you so eager to go after Equinox for rolefishing? See second question
How is it rolefishing in a game without special roles? ... That's actually a really good question. I hadn't thought about it that way.
Those aren't answers. Why were you so eager to go after Equinox? Why didn't you stop to think about what rolefishing actually is before you did so?
singersigner wrote:Uite...I originally thought there were three votes on him, and since it was RVS, I didn't need to put a forth. That statement alone was made to say that if I felt comfortable putting a random vote on someone with that many votes at the time, it would've been him, for the random reason of her not answering her own questions.
Disregarding your miscount, why do you feel four votes is too much for RVS?
singersigner wrote:I didn't make a big deal out of Equinox not answering her own questions until she got *I felt* unreasonably defensive over it.
Do you think her defensiveness was in line with your agression? Why/why not?
Antihero wrote:What do you want to know about them?
I want to know why you posted it like you did, and what exactly you were trying to say. You kinda explained #45, but #43 is still a bit of a mystery to me.
Antihero wrote:I thought Pom's reation to his post would elicit a response, but since about a page and a half went by after that post, I wanted to make sure it wasn't missed.
Makes sense, but even then you didn't give him that much time to respond. Still, that reminds me that he hasn't actually answered your question.

@Lowell:
What were your reasons for proclaiming Equinox town and singer scum? Why didn't you explain when asked of you?

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Zed »

Uite- Most of my posts come from my phone. That morning I made my first post (113) while on the bus to the way to school. My next post (123) was after school. I voted Lowell in post 131, after homework and dinner and all the other things I have to do during the day. I must have been busy that day and didn't remember until I could give the game my almost full attention.

quadz- Yeah, my original hunch had them together. Then later I changed things and I didn't think of them that way anymore. I thought some of my other posts made that clear, but I guess not.

and can someone tell me what ISO stands for? I feel silly. :(
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Uite »

Zed wrote:Uite- Most of my posts come from my phone. That morning I made my first post (113) while on the bus to the way to school. My next post (123) was after school. I voted Lowell in post 131, after homework and dinner and all the other things I have to do during the day. I must have been busy that day and didn't remember until I could give the game my almost full attention.
Ugh. The perils of mobile posting. Why didn't you explain this when you finally did make the vote?
Zed wrote:and can someone tell me what ISO stands for? I feel silly. :(
ISO can be both a verb and a noun and it refers to reading someone's post in isolation. If you haven't noticed it yet, there's an option to display all posts by user at the bottom of the page. Using this you can look at a single player's posts throughout the thread. This tool is your friend. It helps you get reads and make cases, among other things, both as town and as scum. Use it well.

Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Zed »

Well, I mentioned I kept forgetting. I thought that was enough. I remember remebering during the day, but not being able to post because I was in classes.

Ooooh. No I didn't see that! Thanks! I've been scrolling through all the posts and trying to guess whats on what page ;)
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Uite »

Zed wrote:Well, I mentioned I kept forgetting. I thought that was enough. I remember remebering during the day, but not being able to post because I was in classes.
I like it when people explain their actions, because it prevents, in retrospect, pointless inquiries like these. It's also transparent play to explain yourself, and transparency is pro-town.

Zed
Zed
Goon
Zed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Zed »

Well I'll try to explain things a little more from now on. Sometimes my thoughts jump around so much, I leave something out when I try.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by CSL »

Prod check is incoming. Stand by...

a2rudeboy
kunkstar7
Lowell

are all getting prods.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by CSL »

Roll Call VII

Uite -2- kunkstar7, Nexus

singersigner -2- Antihero, Lowell
quadz08 -1- singersigner
Lowell -2- a2rudeboy, Zed
Pomegranate -1- springlullaby
a2rudeboy -1- Sevei
Zed -1- Pomegranate, quadz08

Nonvoters -1- Uite

12 in class, 7 expels

Pomegranate's V/LA ended. Prodding her in the morning if she doesn't respond. This will not count against her prodcount.
Nexus is V/LA until Monday
singersigner is V/LA until Sunday

Please tell me if this is off.

Deadline is the 6th of October, at 7:00pm EST. Deadline hitting now means Uite gets kicked out

Warning! 4 days remain!
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

Sevei
Sevei
Goon
Sevei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:15 pm

Post by Sevei »

Ok...we're running out of time, so we need to pick up the pace. I like my vote on a2rudeboy right now because I think his text is loaded with appeasement, which is scummy. We won't have a no-lynch situation no matter what, which is good, but I don't like someone getting kicked out because of two freaking votes. Too many lurkers.
"I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. I take the words...I scatter them, in time and space. A message, to lead myself here."
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by Uite »

@Sevei:
I was just about to post the same thing.

Lynching on plurality is bad, especially if it's only two votes. It gives us hardly any information on the flip, and is thus playing right into the scum's hands. Fellow townies, we need to consolidate our votes! I wanted to wait until after more people had responded to my questions, so I'd have more to go on, but since we're running out of time, I'm going to

VOTE: quadz08

His response was just terrible, and avoidant behaviour like that is plain scummy. I'd suggest people vote likewise, or if they believe quadz is town, make a case and convince people to vote for their top suspect. I want to emphasise that this does not excuse anyone from answering my questions, as I may change my vote if a better target arises.

To everyone who's not posting: play the damn game, or GTFO!

Return to “Completed Open Games”