Open 258 --- Night Watch --- Game Over

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:16 am

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

Congratulations Town!

-------------------------------

Intro

"I know this town doesn't have the best reputation, but I think there's a way to solve this. It seems that we have a problem with the mafia here," said smashbro_of_the_SSS. He was the new guy in town, and had only come a few days earlier. He came because of what he heard of this place, that there had been many deaths as of late, which had gone unexplained. The only 12 townies who had nothing more to do than attend the meeting in town square listened impatiently, wanting to get back to their lives.

One member of the crowd called out, "But those deaths were reported as accients. The TV said so!"

smashbro knew this would come up. "A man hung by an electrical cord in his appartment, known as a traitor to the mafia? Two cops found in a house, dead from poison, reportedly from a "medusa spider" which doesn't even live in this climate? A man downed in bacon in his own bathtub? I don't think these are coincidences. What we need to do is start a Night Watch system, where we take turns keeping guard and looking out for the Mafia."

"No one cares!" another yelled.

"Two of you already signed up though! Reveal yourselves, maybe more people will join."[/i] The crowd was silent.
"This isn't elementary school, you won't be shunned by the 'cool' kids." Still, no one.
"Fine. Do nothing. I'm leaving this place tomorrow, and it'll get worse. There'll still be the mafia here. They'll come and kill you all. It's not worth sticking around this palce." He sat down in the middle of the square, crossing his arms. A minute went by.

"Then go get packed," someone called from the crowd.

"You're lying to yourselves. You all came here. You care about this town. You'll be back." One by one, those attending decided to leave.

It was 3 AM, and smashbro still hadn't gotten to packing, even through he did bring some items from his house ouside. Via extention cord, a lamp gave him enough light to read by, as he listened for any noises. He finally heard footsteps coming from three different directions, and jumped up, ready to defend himself. However, he found three guns pointed at his face, as the three gave him enough time to let the information sink in.
"So. It'll be you then. At least you'll die knowing i was right." But despite his false bravado, smashbro could not defend himself in time, as three gunshots rang out.

Everyone who had attended the meeting on the previous day knew that smashbro had kept night watch, and decided to check on him the next day. They had expected to see him tired but alive. However, he was found desperately holding onto his lampshade, eyes vacant. On the ground below him his blood ran, which had been used to write a message.

"It's time we take this town for good. Any attempts to stop us will fail. The mafia will rule this town." After that, it seemed as through the mafia had wanted to write more, but ran out of blood for the message. An empty bottle of Ketchup lay next to the last sentence. "P.S. the bacon man was not our fault."
"Holy…."
"He was right."
"So…what do we do?" After searching the body, they find that smashbro had thought ahead. A note suggested lynching people during the day, who were suspected of being in the mafia.
"But…this is a large town. It could be anyone!"

"No," replied one intelligent townie. "Did you see the note? They knew to kill smashbro, and that he talked about the man who drowned in bacon. The three gunshots mean that there are 3 mafia members standing among us now."

Everyone stared in amazement at how the townie had figured this out. "So what do we do now?" one asked.

"We should wait for tomorrow. Today, we need to clean up this mess. Maybe we'll figure it out tonight. Besides, we need to hang this lampshade somewhere useful," suggested the avid troper. Err…trooper.

And so they set at it. Soon, the town square was ready for hanging, and the 12 decided to return home, and try to get a good night's sleep. Yeah. Like that would happen.

------------------------------------------------------------

Player List

Alive (bold is confirmed):

ooBAZZoo
Empking

Dry-fit
Zdenek

Dead

JasonT1981
---
Mafia Goon
--- Lynched Day 4
Andrew94
---
Role Cop
--- Killed Night4
curiouskarmadog
---
Mafia Goon
--- Lynched Day 3
nameloc1986
---
Hider
--- Killed Night 2
drmyshottyizsik
---
Watcher
--- Killed Night 2
Antihero
---
Townie
--- Lynched Day 2
HopOnMyJoystick
---
Mafia Goon
--- Lynched Day 1
Beefster
---
Townie
--- Killed Night 0
smashbro_of_the_SSS
---
Townie
--- Killed Night (-1)
Last edited by smashbro_of_the_SSS on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 23 times in total.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:18 am

General Rules

1. Have fun, and enjoy the game.
2. Don't talk about the game outside of the thread. of course, Mafia can talk in their QuickTopic at Night, but otherwise, it is prohibited.
3. Don't quote your Role PM's
4. If I make a mistake, tell me, and I will try to fix it. If it's a problem with the votecount, post in thread, preferably in bold.
5. Don't be jerks to the other players, or the mod. Of course, people have to attack others for cases, but no personal attacks.
6. Purple is my color. Please don't use it. (Other shades are alright, as long as it's clearly different.)

Voting, Lynching and Deadlines

8. You can vote for a player or for a no lynch by bolding it as such:
Vote: smashbro

9. Unvotes are nice. If you do not unvote, but instead just vote for someone new, I will move your vote regardless.
10. You need to reach majority vote in order for a lynch to happen.
11. If there is no majority at deadline, there will be a no lynch.
12. After a lynch comes Twilight, where anyone can still post, but the vote count will be final.
13. You get one bah post, with nothing game related in it, aside from a go town or go scum. You get the idea.

Activity

14. Try to post often. People like to see you participate.
15. If you don't post in 3 days, it's a prod. If you have to be prodded 3 times, you will be replaced.
16. Days hvae a 3 week deadline, which will not change aside from certain circumstances (replacement...idk what else really)
17. Nights will be 3 Days long. if you don't PM me your action, then you will not perform one.

The Mod

18. Bear with me. This is my first time modding a game. If there is a problem or confusion, feel free to PM me. Also, I like to put in flavor, as seen above. It does not give away anything about the setup, and is just there for my (and hopefully your) entertainment.
19. Deadlines will be given in Eastern Standard Time, since that’s where I am. If any players would like, PM me your timezone, and I will put up the time for deadline in EST and others requested.

This is a Night start game, and so the thread should be locked. I will be sending out PM’s soon, and Night 0 will start from the time that all players confirm by PM. At that point, I will set the 3 day limit.

------------------------------

SETUP

3 Mafia Goons
--- the enemy faction, gets to kill 1 person per night
2 Watchers
--- Choose someone each night. I will tell them who visits that player
1 Hider
--- Chooses someone to hide behind. If mafia try to kill the hider, unsuccessful. If mafia kill person who hider is behind, both target and hider die.
1 Role Cop
--- Investigates someone. Will get a yes if the person is a Watcher or Hider, no if the person is vanilla town or a goon
5 Vanilla Townies
--- they vote. and stuff. well, pretty much just vote.
Last edited by smashbro_of_the_SSS on Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:03 pm

all members have confirmed. Please send in Night 0 actions by Thursday, October 14 @ 7:00 PM EST
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:14 am

After what seems to be a long first night, everyone meets at the spot where smashbro had died one day earlier. The lampshade hung near the noose that would soon hold the body of someone in the group, hopefully a member of the mafia. However, when they arrived, they found that there was one less of them than the day before. The mafia had struck, and the members of the group decided to see if the man had (hopefully) overslept. However, when they arrived at the house, they saw shards of glass in the man's living room, right next to the dead body of
Beefster,
vanilla townie
. Returning to the town square, the 11 remaining decided that it was time for one of them to die.

Meanwhile, in the afterlife, Beefster suddenly appeared near smashbro, who sat at a round table, looking down through the clouds at the town's meeting.
"Welcome to the dead men's club. I'm president. You can have whatever office you want," smashbro didn't seem too enthusiastic about his self-made group though. "Wanna play cards?"

So, beefster's dead, and it's time to start. Good luck, my town. I don't know how often vote counts will come, definitely every few pages or so, and more often near deadline. That being said, deadline is
Thursday, November 4, 7:00 P.M. EST
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:03 am

Vote Count #1

with 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch
andrew94 is the current wagon leader at L-2

andrew94 (4):
HopOnMyJoystick, Dry-Fit, jasonT1983, drmyshottyizsik

Antihero (3):
2003041, Zdenek, Nameloc1986

HopOnMyJoystick (2):
andrew94, Antihero

not voting:
ooBAZZoo, curiouskarmadog

deadline is Thursday, November 4th, 7:00 EST
Last edited by smashbro_of_the_SSS on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:22 am

Vote Count #2

HopOnMyJoystick is the current wagon leader at L-2

HopOnMyJoystick (5):
andrew94, Antihero, Nameloc1986, drmyshottyizsik

Antihero (2):
2003041, Zdenek

drmyshottyizsik (2):
HopOnMyJoystick, jasonT1983

andrew94 (1):
Dry-fit

not voting:
ooBAZZoo, curiouskarmadog

Last edited by smashbro_of_the_SSS on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:04 pm

Antihero wrote:
smashbro wrote:1 Role Cop --- Investigates someone. Will get a yes if the person is a Watcher or Hider, no if the person is vanilla town or a goon
Andrew specifically mentioned "vanilla." That doesn't follow the style of results smashbro seems to be giving.
@MOD: Does the Role Cop get a specific role (e.g. Watcher, Hider, Vanilla) or does he get a yes or no?
Role Cop receives either "yes, he/she is a power role (which is Watcher or Hider)" or "no, he/she is not a power role (which is vanilla town or mafia goon)". If yes, the Role Cop will not be told if the person is Watcher or Hider, and if no, the Role Cop will not be told if the person is VT or a Goon.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:35 am

Vote Count #3

HopOnMyJoystick is the current wagon leader at L-1

HopOnMyJoystick (5):
andrew94, drmyshottyizsik, Antihero, HopOnMyJoystick, Nameloc1986,

Antihero (1):

nameloc (1):
Zdenek

drmyshottyizsik (1):
jasonT1983

not voting:
ooBAZZoo, curiouskarmadog, Dry-Fit

smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:01 am

Vote Count #4

HopOnMyJoystick is the current wagon leader at L-1

HopOnMyJoystick (5):
andrew94, Antihero, Nameloc1986, curiouskarmadog, drmyshottyizsik

Antihero (1):

nameloc (1):
Zdenek

drmyshottyizsik (1):
jasonT1983

not voting:
ooBAZZoo, Dry-Fit, HopOnMyJoystick

jasonT1981 is V/LA Saturday 30th until Tuesday 2nd

2003041 has requested a replacement. Searching now.

also, sorry bout not having very frequent vote counts, but I'm trying to get one a day while I'm at home. You guys do vote/unvote a lot. When I get back to school on Sunday, expect more votecounts if there is a lot of voting.
Last edited by smashbro_of_the_SSS on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:19 pm

Empking replaces 2003041, effective immediately. I literally have 1 minute online and just saw the lynch, so I'll post a scene and make it night when i have more time later tonight or tomorrow. Feel free to continue talking.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:38 am

Final Vote Count Day 1

HopOnMyJoystick is the current wagon leader at lynch

HopOnMyJoystick (6):
andrew94, Antihero, Nameloc1986, curiouskarmadog, drmyshottyizsik, ooBAZZoo

Antihero (1):
Empking

nameloc (1):
Zdenek

drmyshottyizsik (1):
jasonT1983

andrew94 (1):
HopOnMyJoystick

not voting:
Dry-Fit

Empking replaces 2003041. Thank you!

deadline is Tuesday, October 26, 10:00 A.M. EST

Lynch Reached!

As the day wore on, everying in the square threw around suspicions. However, the most common belief among them all was that HopOnMyJoystick had acted scummy during the day's events, and so repeatedly was under fire.

People: "Why did you do that?
vote
"
Joystick: "Well, uhh, because I did. Hmm...well, this reason. That's the reason I did that."
People: "Oh. ok.
unvote
"
Joystick: "Phew, that was close."
People: "Hah! Knew you were scum!
vote
"
Joystick: "What?"

Eventually, the scattered votes did seem to converge on Joystick, and near the end, the town heard a startling claim from Joystick. "I'm a Watcher!"
"Liar!" called out Andrew from the crowd immediately. "Through incredibly lucky happenstance and improbable odds that you got close to lynch and claimed a power role, I investigated you and know that you are not, in fact, what you claim to be!"
"Fine then!" replied Joystick, seeing the noose near at hand. "You're a liar, but you'll never take me alive!" And so, Joystick tried to hang himself.

"Dude," nameloc called from the crowd. "You're not near lynch yet. But I can help!
vote
"
"oh," replied Joystick, flustered by the miscalculation. "Well, I'm still a watcher...so, Andrew is scum. Yeah."

At this time, everyone decided that it would be in their best interests to vote him, and soon, he was lynched.

"The mafia," Joystick said as his last words. "They ruined everything. They took everything from me. And now that i joined them, I have to die. I thought I would be good at this. Because that's what it is. Killing makes the world go round. Good luck, my scumbuddies."

HopOnMyJoystick,
Mafia Goon
, was lynched Day 1

Have your actions in by Tuesday, October 26 10:00 A.M. EST.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:00 pm

smashbro and Beefster sat on their clouds, playing cards, when the newest arrival joined them.
"You killed me?" Beefster asked Joystick, after seeing the flip. Joystick merely shrugged.
"Didn't really work out for me, did it?" he replied.
"You want to play?" smashbro asked, as a cloud chair appeared out of nowhere.
"You're letting him join us?!? He's scum!?!"
"Meh, why not? it doesn't matter up here. Now shh, this is gonna be interesting." The three peered down into the morning.

----------------------

The 10 members of the town gathered together in the square on the next morning. But something surprised them. They counted, recounted, and counted again. One town member stared at his hand, turning it over every few seconds, while others went around and poked each other, asking, "Are you dead?" By noon, every decided that not only would they get lunch, but their math was right, and no members had died during the night. Well, it was time to get to lynching.

So...let the voting begin. I opened it early because I won't be here at 10:00 tomorrow, and all people were accounted for/presented actions during the night. Deadline will be 11/15 11:00 PM
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:40 am

1th Vote Count of Day 2

with 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch
Anti-hero and JasonT are the current wagon leaders at L-3

JasonT1981 (3):
Zdenek, Dry-Fit, andrew94

Anti-hero (3):
curiouskarmadog, drmyshottyizsik, jasonT1981

Dry-Fit (1):
Empking

curiouskarmadog (1):
Anti-hero

not voting:
ooBAZZoo, nameloc

deadline is Monday, November 15, 11:00 P.M. EST
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:38 am

2th Vote Count of Day 2

Anti-hero is the current wagon leader at L-1

Anti-hero (5):
curiouskarmadog, jasonT1981, drmyshottyizsik, nameloc, andrew94

JasonT1981 (1):
Dry-Fit

Dry-Fit (1):
Empking

curiouskarmadog (1):
Anti-hero

not voting:
ooBAZZoo, Zdenek

Zdenek is V/LA now until Sunday 31st

deadline is Monday, November 15, 11:00 P.M. EST
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (isolation #14) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:22 am

Final (3th) Vote Count of Day 2

Anti-hero is the current wagon leader at Lynch

Anti-hero (6):
curiouskarmadog, jasonT1981, drmyshottyizsik, nameloc, andrew94, Empking

JasonT1981 (1):
Dry-Fit

Dry-Fit (1):
Zdenek

curiouskarmadog (1):
Anti-hero

not voting:
ooBAZZoo

It seemed that on Day 2, after not seeing a loss on the previous night, the people of the town decided to play a numbers game. Everyone seemed to be making suggestions.
"If we do this, and, the watchers do this, you hide here..."
"No, no, that wouldn't work, because then they could do this..."
"Hey, if they all target the people to their left.." (Two town members switched places in line, and looked at the person who suggested that.) "Oh. Doesn't work."

But as the day wore on, votes somehow did seem to be accumulating, and it seemed that everyone was one step behind in what was going to happen.
"Don't claim!"
"[claim]"
"Gah..."

Which led to the town, once again, playing a numbers game, until a small voice from the background cried, "
vote
"

It was Empking, and not only was this a vote, but a hammer, which seemed to go unnoticed by many. As the deed was carried out, Antihero gave his last words.

"You know what? It doesn't matter. My side is still gonna win. cause I'm AWESOME!!!" as he was strung up, the people still waited to see whose side he was on. "Go...

town!"

Antihero,
Townie
, was lynched day two.

Night actions are due by
Friday, November 5, 3:30 P.M. EST
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:15 am

On the next morning, the town assembled once more, giddy at the thought of having so many "confirmed" town with already one mafioso down. Slightly downtrodden about the Anti-hero death, many people still expected that they would be in a good position for the rest of the time. However, the town was once more confused by numbers in the morning. They counted, counted, and counted again, trying to think of who was missing.
"nameloc," one person realized, and everyone went to visit his house. However, they found no one home, and began to (rightly) suspect the worst. But who
else
wasn't there?

one person stared in horror, remembering the various claims, or not claims, or whatever they were from one member of the town. "shotty."

and so everyone went to shotty's house, only to see that it was covered in snack foods and sodas, with the television still on. On the floor lay...a submarine sandwich. "mustard," one person deduced, taking a bite. "spicy."

However, the more shocking discovery was who lay on the floor near the sandwich, both shotty and nameloc dead.
"So..." one person began to reason. "nameloc obviously was the hider...but what about shotty?" One person returned from the second floor with a book,
Night Actions for Dummies
and a magnifying glass.

"Oh boy..."

nameloc1986
---
Hider
--- Killed Night 2
drmyshottyizsik
---
Watcher
--- Killed Night 2

First Vote Count of Day 3

with 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

not voting:
everyone

Deadline is Friday, November 26, 3:30 P.M. EST
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (isolation #16) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:24 am

Final Vote Count of Day 3

with 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch
curiouskarmadog is the current wagon leader at Lynch

curiouskarmadog(4):
Dry-Fit, andrew94, jasonT1981, Empking

not voting:
ooBAZZoo, curiouskarmadog, Zdenek

Night actions are due by Wednesday, November 10, 8:00 A.M. EST

...oh yeah, the flip.

So, quickly there is a claim of watcher and votes pile on, with one person deciding it would be best to wait to hear more of what other people had to say. a quick argument later, and indeed curiouskarmadog was the lynch.

"huh, what?" curiouskarma dog asked as he was being fetched. "We're been going for like, half an hour. Guys, you know you're wrong about me, right? Well, good luck anyway town."

Everyone watched on as curiouskarmadog was hung, and waited to see that they had been right, if they were.

curiouskarmadog
---
Mafia Goon
--- Lynched Day 3

Night actions are due by Wednesday, November 10, 8:00 A.M. EST
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (isolation #17) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:17 am

As everyone wakes up from another night's sleep, the come into the center of town expecting to have lost another member. And sure enough, finding that they are 1 shot of yesterday's count, the decide to visit the house of the person who was missing. Sure enough, they found the body, and a Cop badge next to it.

Andrew94
---
Role Cop
--- Killed Night 3

First Votecount of Day 4

with 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch

not voting:
ooBAZZoo, Zdenek, Dry-Fit, JasonT1981, Empking

Deadline is Wednesday, December 1, 10:00 A.M. EST
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (isolation #18) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Well, unsurprisingly, when Andrew shows up dead, and a cop no less, one of you despairs.
"Guys, I think I have this figure out," scrambles JasonT, "It's ooBAZZoo."

"Nope," interrupts Dry-Fit. "It's you. I was watcher. gg guys."
"Yeah, I was pretty much screwed anyway," admits JasonT.
"ATTACK, MY ANIMAL FRIENDS!" Dry-Fit calls out, and everyone sees birds dive bombing the last mafioso, supported by the squirrels and wolves on the ground.

and so, with the lynch of
JasonT
---
Mafia Goon

TOWN WINS

good game to everyone, I'll put up all of the night actions and my thoughts soon. Hope you guys enjoyed.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (isolation #19) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:12 pm

ROLE PM'S

HopOnMyJoystick wrote:
Growing up, you had a rough life. The mafia seemed to always be at your door, demanding money or anything else they wanted. Your parents would not dare to defy them with the threat of death, and so Your life was pretty much crap. On your own, you learned to use all sorts of weaponry, and when the mafia returned to your door, you decided that they would not leave through that door again. The mafia began losing many to your efforts, and so, they recruited you. They set you up as a
Mafia Goon
, deciding that you would either die as a threat to them, or prove yourself to be good enough to join their ranks. And you don't mind. You finally feel the power of being in charge, and having others scramble. You like it.

With
curiouskarmadog
and
jasonT1981
, you must choose someone to kill. It's important to decide who send in the kill, so make sure you do. You win when your faction composes more that half of the town. Here is the QuickTopic.

Good luck, my fallen friend.

Here is the thread.

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Your father was a member of the mafia. He brought you up, teaching you how to use a gun, though you never wanted to. He was prepping you to become a member of the Mafia, but your entire world changed one night. Your father decided to bring you on an assignement, but to the surprise of both of you, the assignment was to kill your mother, his wife. As the three of you stood in the room, you were too shocked to do anything as he shot her in cold blood. He, looking dejected and ashamed, did nothing to stop you as you ran away from town on foot, hoping to find a better life for yourself. But around the rest of the country was the same, with the mafia running rampant. So, a few years ago, you return to your old home, find your father, a shell of his old self, having decided to live the rest of his life alone. You find the locks to be the same, and ignore his pleas and claims that he gave up his mafia lifestyle. And you shoot him. Behind you comes the clapping of another man, telling you that you have gained initiation as a
Mafia Goon
. After resigning that there was no good in the world, you find out that you're good at being a member of the mafia.

To gain ranks you, along with
HopOnMyJoystick
and
jasonT1981
must take over the town. You may talk to them at night, and you must decide together who will submit the kill. Here is the QuickTopic.

Good luck, my prodigal friend.

Here is the thread.
JasonT1981 wrote:
PARTY!!! YEAH!!! Your whole life, you've been they partying type. You have people over every weekend, tell people to invite friends of friends of friends, and you like this lifestyle. You have enough money to keep going, and little enough conscience to care. However, one party after one party, you are approached by two men, who look like police officers. THey ask you if you want to continue these parties, and you reply of course. They reply that they'll kill you if you don't listen to them. You say you'll listen. They say that they need someone who has connections all around town to join them, as a
Mafia Goon
. You say yes.

Each night, you get to talk with
curiouskarmadog
and
HopOnMyJoystick
in this QuickTopic. The person who will be killing each night should PM the choice to me. You win when your faction dominates the town.

Good luck, my carefree friend.

Here is the thread.

andrew94 wrote:You knew something was wrong when those two cops died. They were your trainers, unknown to the mafia. Since you were young, and your dad was a poilice officer, you had always wanted to be one. But it seems as though the mafia has interrupted your training. All police officers in the town are not revealed until they become full on cops, due to the whole "mafia" problem. And so with you. No one here knows that you're trying to help them, but even you have to admit that it's not much you know. You couldn't pick out mafia scum if you watched them for their lives. But you can tell if any members of the town are special. It's important to be able to spot other officers in training, so you've become good at being a
Role Cop
. And now, you'll be able to tell if the person you investigate each night has a special attribute about them.

Each night, PM me with who you will investigate, and I'll tell you if they have a non vanilla or goon role. You win when there are no more mafia.

Good luck, my righteous friend.

Here is the thread.
Nameloc wrote:
HOLY CRAP!!! HOLY CRAP!!! THERE'S MAFIA HERE!!! You had assumed all of the recent deaths had been accidents. Now however, your supressed suspicions are confirmed. And you're freaked out. You're first instinct is to skip town, but your conscience tells you that you need to see this problem through. And so you decide safety is best in numbers. You decide to become a
Hider
, and each night, you have the option of staying with someone else for the night. Of course, you'll have to be a bit of a creeper, but whatever keeps you alive. You know that if you decide to hide out at a mafioso's house, they will no doubt kill you. And hiding in the house of someone who is killed probably isn't good either. But you're sure that they will target you sooner or later, so might as well try hiding now...

Each night, send me the name of the player you would like to hide behind, or no one. If you do not send in a choice, I will assume you did not hide. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Good luck, my paranoid friend.

Here is the thread.
Dry-Fit wrote:You were always the good one. You helped the bullied kid up again, and got hit for it. You looked after your good for nothing brother when no one else would. He ran away from home, never looking back, and you didn't flinch. You set out to look for him. You're the one who has always been the good one, and there's no way you're going to stop now. So when smashbro came around to ask for people to sign up for being a
Watcher
, you agreed of course. And now, you get to be the good one again. You're dedicated to the cause, and will watch someone each night, to see if anyone visits them, the best way you can help the town.

PM me each night, and I will tell you if the player you've selected is special. Watchers and the Hider will return to you as yes, while Goons and Nilla's will come back as no's. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Good luck, my faithful friend.

Here is the thread.

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Meh. When the new guy, what's his name, smashbro came around and asked for people to sign up for night watch, you figured it's just be easier to get the guy off your back and sign. Well, now, this guy turns up dead, and you realize that your signerature was a mistake. If the mafia seach his house and find your name on the sheet, then they'll assume you actually cared about finding them. You are a good member of the town, and have realized that there were mafia for some time, but it had never gotten this close to you before. And just going to that meeting must mean you actually started to care about the town. Crap. So you decide that you actually will become a
Watcher
and each night, you will choose a player to watch. If anyone goes in their house, you'll know about it. And hopefully you can get to the mafia before they get to you. Figures. You only become a watcher when you signed up to be one just to shut a guy up.

PM me each night with a player name, and I will tell you who targeted that player. You win when all threats to the town are gone.

Good luck, my ironic friend.

Here is the thread.

Antihero wrote:
You're made of AWESOME!!! So made of AWESOME that you can do anything. You can climb buildings cause you're AWESOME!!! You can fly around the world in a day cause you're AWESOME!!! You can ignore the obvious fact that I could not think of a better character background and so used a cheap one. CAUSE. YOU'RE. AWESOME!!! But you know what isn't AWESOME?!? The fact that mafia are overrunning the town. So you and your AWESOME self must help kick these people out. Looks like it's time to be an AWESOME
Townie

You get to sleep at night, so you can use your AWESOME vote during the day. You win when the not AWESOME Mafia have been eliminated.

Good luck, my AWESOME friend.

Here is the thread.

2003041/Empking wrote:
You weren't from this town originally. But nobody calls you chicken. And so, when you were told to go and live there, under the threat of being too scared to live in a mafia filled town, of course you went. The 5 years you were supposed to live there ended on the day that smashbro came, and for some reason, you decided you would go to this guy's meeting. Now, you know that you can't leave this place without seeing the problem through. If you went back now, you would be considered a coward, and so you decide to be a good
Townie
and stay.

You don't get to do anything at night, but you do have the power of democracy on your side during the day. You win when all of the mafia members have been eliminated.

Good luck, my brave friend.

Here is the thread.
Zdenek wrote:
You think you're better than everyone else in town. You have the biggest house, you have the most money, and the Mafia wouldn't dare touch you. You moved to this town specifically because you knew that you would be better than everyone here, and you haven't been afraid to show it. of course, people really don't like you all that much, but what does it matter? You're rich. But now, with the public threat, and the 9 town members who showed up and "care" about getting rid of the mafia, you have a target on your back. Looks like it's time to start being a good
Townie

You don't want the mafia to win, so you win when all of them are dead. You can vote during the Day, and sleep at Night.

Good luck, ya jerk.

Here is the thread.

Beefster wrote:
You've known about the mafia problem in town. You knew it should have been easy to leave it. But you've lived here your whole life. And as crappy as the town was, it was your town. You grew up here, you didn't go to school here, and you didn't get a job here. The elder members of the town have taken pity on you and give you money to live on, even though you usually waste it on getting drunk to foget about the problems of the town you live in. But then, when smashbro, came, that changed. He was killed trying to help the town that you cast away. He had nothing to care about here, aside from doing good. Now, you've decided to become a good
Townie
and help weed out the mafia.

You are on the town's side, and so are trying to eliminate the mafia. You have no night action, and can vote during the day.

Good luck, my ammending friend.

Here is the thread.
ooBAZZoo wrote:
What?...My brother…the bacon…wasn't the mafia's fault? You had assumed that it was the mafia who had offed your brother, though you must admit, that there would be no reason for it. He was a lazy drunk, who only cared about his food, women, and drinks. But he was your brother. And so you stayed in town, and decided to try and help him become a better person. When he died, you decided to hear out this new guy, smashbro, on his views of the mafia, but now his time has been cut short. You would leave town, and now that you know your brother died of his own fault, you could go without a vendetta. Yet...you can't leave. You decide that the mafia does need to be brought down, and try yourself to be a good
Townie

You are town aligned, and win when the mafia is gone. You have nothing to do at night, but you do have your vote during the day.

Good luck, my reluctant friend.

Here is the thread.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (isolation #20) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:07 pm

Spoiler: Night 0
Beefster's DeathYeah, if you're reading this, it isn't good.

You're sitting down in your kitchen, staring down the bottle that stands on your table, unopened. Multiple times you reach for it, but pull your hand back, knowing that if there is any chance of you helping the town, you'll need to be sober. Picking up the bottle, you move over to the sink and smash it, letting the horrid liquid run down the drain. It's then that you hear a knock on the door.

You go to answer it, and you see a man standing there, bottle in hand.
"Would you like a drink?" he asked, looking curiously at the top of the broken bottle, which you still have in your hand. You invite him in, but refuse the drink, saying that you're going to quit.
"Well that's too bad now, isn't it?" says the man, as he swings the bottle at your face.

You fall to the ground, still gripping onto the broken bottle. Checking your head, you feel blood rushing out, and have blurry vision as you see the man take out a gun. He points it at you and says, "first smashbro. now you. we're off to a good start."

His voice is the last thing you hear before moving on to the afterlife.

So yeah, sorry, but the mafia killed you. Some game, huh? Also, are you interested in having a dead QuickTopic? Didn't think about it till now, but if you want one, I'll create one for everyone who dies.

shotty's watchYou decide to watch Andrew.

Camped in a folding chair behind a bush, you pull out your binoculars. You check back from the front door, to the back door, to the front, and stay up all night on only Mountain Dew and some Cheetos. Unfortunately (or fortunately i suppose) you see no one go into his house tonight. Guess he doesn't have many friends.
No one visited Andrew

Well, better get ready for the day ahead.

dry-fit's watchYou decide to watch curiouskarmadog.

It gets boring outside, all alone. You keep an eye on CuriousKarmadog's house, but as the night wears on, you see that no one seems to be visiting him. All the while, you call out to birds, squirrels, whatever woodland creatures are around, to keep you company. But none of them seem to like you. They all run away scared when you move toward them. Well, it looks like tonight was bit of a waste.
No one visited CuriousKarmaDog
and none of the animals became your new best buddy. Next time, remember to bring some food for them.

Andrew's InvestigationYou choose to investigate HopOnMyJoystick.

You enter the empty house, trying to find anything about this person who wants people to hop on his "joystick" whatever that means...Upon entering, you see many old game platforms, including many using a joystick.
"Oh" you say softly to yourself, as you continue to search. You continue to search, but find nothing of any importance. Leaving, you decide that he
is not a power role

Now, looks like it's time to get some sleep for the day ahead.

Nameloc's ... Hide?You hide behind no one.

You decide that you are too nervous tonight to hide behind anyone else, because, ANYONE could be in the mafia. it's best to stick with someone you know. So, you find the person you want to hide behind in your living room. but every time you try to get behind nameloc1986, he runs away from you. After tiring yourself from running in circles all night, you find that you are alive. Time to see who else is.

tl;dr

--------- HopOnMyJoystick kills Beefster
--------- drmyshottyizsik watches andrew
--------- Dry-Fit watches curiouskarmadog
--------- andrew investigates HopOnMyJoystick
--------- nameloc hides behind no one

Spoiler: Night 1
shotty's watchYou choose to watch ooBAZZoo.

Tonight, you vow that you trust the other watcher so much, that you will leave the whole "claimed cop" thing to them, and decide to turn your attention to ooBAZZoo. However, you're not just any watcher. You watch people in style. Tonight, you set up a tent outside of the house, and run an extension cord so that you can watch Monday Night Football. Unfortunately, your team isn't on, but hey, it's better than nothing. Every so often you take a quick peek at the house, but it seems as if
no one visited ooBAZZoo

Dry-fit's watchYou choose to watch Andrew94.

So, upon hearing the claim of Andrew, you decide that it's worth a visit to his house tonight. Armed with birdseed and your binoculars, ready to not only look out for scum, but find friends in the animal kingdom. You sit, indian style, in the grass and stare at the house, birdseed in your open hand. You begin to feel a pecking and look to your hand: there is a bird sitting there, taking the seeds one by one, and hopping away to eat it's meal. One time it goes to get food from your hand, you drop the seeds and catch the terrified bird in your hand and...pet it. As the night wears on, you keep an eye on the house and the bird calls to some of his friends. Eventually, you begin to teach the birds tricks, and begin throwing seeds to them when you hear a gunshot. The birds scatter and you turn your attention back to the house, however, you see no one leaving, and so deduce that
no one visited Andrew
. Another night, another power role safe.

andrew's investigationYou choose to investigate Jason.

After your first investigation proves to be fruitful, you reveal yourself to the town, and, hey, would you look at that, you caught scum. Buuuuttt....now you probably made a couple enemies in the town. However, you continue on your jolly way, and decide to investigate Jason next. It's easy for you to enter the house because it's always open for whoever will come to his party that night. You see baloons and streamers all around, and easily lose yourself in the ignorant crowd. Upon inspection of the house, you decide that despite the fact that he is armed with snacks and party games (including pin the tail on the donkey, your favorite) you decide that
Jason is not a power role

nameloc's hideYou choose to hide behind Empking.

After long deliberation, you decide to spend your first night with Empking. You're a bit nervous, because you're new to this whole thing, and have only done it once. Still, that time really didn't count because it was only you alone. So, you decide to sneak out of your house, late at night, and secretly gain entrance to his house so that you won't be sleeping alone tonight.

What? I'm still talking about hiding from the mafia here. I don't know what you were thinking. Anyway.

You see that he spends most of his nights on the computer, talking to his friends from home. While on Skype, you hear a bit of the conversation.
Friend: "So, you scared of the Mafia yet? Gonna come running home?"
Empking: "No. Because I AM THE MAFIA PROBLEM!!! MWA HA HA HA!!! But seriously, just kidding, of course I'm staying."
After that sudden shock of the possibility of you hiding with the mafia, you fall asleep, unnoticed by Empking.

You only awake when you hear a gunshot from across the town. Looking up, you see that Empking is now asleep, and decide to return home. Upon entering, you see that the rug is slightly moved, and that a vase which one stood in your hallway lay on the floor in pieces. Smiling to yourself, you have a sudden suspicion that two people didn't have such a good night. Best of all,
you're not dead

(I don't mind saying this last sentence because there is only one way that the morning result could happen...)

tl;dr

--------- curiouskarmadog kills nameloc (unsuccessful)
--------- drmyshottyizsik watches ooBAZZoo
--------- Dry-Fit watches andrew
--------- andrew investigates JasonT
--------- nameloc hides behind Empking

Spoiler: Night 2
shotty's watchYou decide to watch Andrew.

And, all goes fine and well to start. You see Andrew safe and sound in his home, with apparently no friends who wanted to visit him, aside from yourself. Munching on Cheetos and drinking some Dr. Pepper, you realize what an easy time you've have this whole game.

After some time, you realize that
no one is going to visit Andrew
and that Andrew is getting packed up to leave. so you just decide to follow him, for the lulz. He bring you...to your house. Thinking you can now work from home, you're happy to see that no one seems to be trying to find Andrew. You watch tv for a few minutes, there's a hockey game on. But it's when you hear a knock on your door that you realize something has been off this whole night.

Thinking about the meta, you know that you shouldn't leave people's houses even if they do. You realize that Andrew leaving, and you following him gave you too much information than you expect to get, based off of the job description. And you realize just in time to see a gun pointing in your face.

However, one person seems to jump on this attacker, and when the attacker pulls the trigger, it only hits your leg. This gives you enough time to see Nameloc on the ground, dazed, but still half smiling that he tried to help. However, the attacker is ready to shoot this time, and with no one interrupting him, is about to take you out. But first, he says, "Doctor? My shotty
is
sick." And proceeds to shoot you.

Dry-fit's watchYou bring not only birdseed tonight, but dog food, and whatever else you believe will be pleasant for the animals to eat. During the first half of the night, you try to be friendly to the animals, and this time not only attract birds, but also squirrels. Everybody there seems to be having a grand ol' time when you remember that you should be watching the house.

It's then that you realize shotty must have sent out an invitation for a party, and only told a few people. You see shotty in his house, but also a few more people. First,
nameloc
drops out of a tree and scurries into the house, finding a place to hide. Shotty comes back from a night of watching, and sits down to television. After him come both
andrew
and
curiouskarmadog
, one coming in the front door, the other in the back. After a few minutes and a few gunshots, you see shotty and nameloc fall dead, and the other two run off in separate directions.

Holy crap.

Andrew's InvestigationToday, you have decided to watch over Dr.myshottyizsik, not only for being bad at spelling, but because he's playing...pretty much like he always does, albeit a little more confusing. Upon entering his house, you smell chips and soda, and see bags lying open around the kitchen. Upstairs, you move onto his room, and see the book,
Night Actions for Dummies
on his nightstand, but have little time to investigate, because at that point, shotty returns home. You hide in his closet, and come out only when you know he has left the bedroom. His shoes appear to be muddy, and so you conclude,
shotty is a power role

You decide to climb out of the window, so you wouldn't have to sneak past shotty on the way down, but before leaving, you hear a couple gunshots.

"Crap..." you say to yourself, realizing that this had been a wasteful night.

nameloc's hideSo, you've claimed. You're doing your job, and you're doing it well, both during the day and at night. Now empking is cleared, you're a practically confirmed town, and you decide that its best to visit shotty. It seems that your timidness about the role you play has gone, knowing full well that if he is lying scum, you might die.

You enter his house, not seeing him at first, and decide to hide behind the couch, right up against the wall of the living room. However, before heading there, you raid the fridge, because hey, you deserve a little something. You make a sub with all of the works, and are prepared to eat it, when you hear the back door open and close. You stay frozen, wondering if it could be mafia, but then you hear the door open and close once again, this time hearing shotty talking to himself. He eventually sits down on the couch and turns on the tv, to a Bruins and Flyers hockey game. You decide to watch it, but when another knock comes from the front door, you realize that you really shouldn't have heard the first person enter the house. because that means you know too much. Which means the inevitable is about to happen.

However, as the mafia member who just broke into the house pointed his gun at shotty, you try to save him by tackling the mafioso. He holds onto the gun however, and shoots shotty quickly. Turning upon you, the mafia member smiles. "Twofer," he says, as he shoots you.

tl;dr

--------- curiouskarmadog kills shotty
--------- drmyshottyizsik watches andrew94
--------- Dry-Fit watches shotty
--------- andrew investigates shotty
--------- nameloc hides behind shotty

Spoiler: Night 3
Jason's killAs you sneak into Andrew's house, you reflect back on your past mafia members. things hadn't been going too well for you team, with the exception of the double kill, but even that had it's consequences. As you look around you don;t see Andrew, until a door opens and closes and you hear Andrew come back from his night action. It seemed like everything is riding on this kill, whether or not this one of Andrew's many gambits or whatever he calls them, were true.

As he enters the living room, where you are, you point a gun at his chest, and demand to know one thing before you shoot him.
"So, what role
are
you really?"

"Watcher," he replied quickly. "No, rolecop. Vanilla townie. I got it. Mafia. Definitely mafia."

Knowing that you would never get a straight answer from him, you decide to shoot, and after searching the body, find a badge...

Dry-fit's watchYou decide to watch Andrew.

As you travel to Andrew's house, you see Andrew leave it, and follow him to where he was going. It turned out that he had decided to use his action on you tonight.

"Thanks for saving my butt back there...I think," you say to him, when you finally catch up.
"No problem. As long as it confuses the mafia, we're good."
"So...I guess you should be going back now? I still have to watch you tonight."
"Sure, sounds good to me." The two of you walk back to his house, ready to spend a relaxing night.

Sitting outside, you call back all of your animal friends, and this time, not only is it birds and squirrels, but wolves too. They seem to be tame, and take to you quickly, but scatter quickly when they hear a gunshot from within Andrew's house.

The only person who leaves the house, is JasonT.

andrew's investigationYou decide to ... watch Dry-Fit? I'll take that as an investigate.

As you travel to Dry Fit's house, you can't help but wonder how all of your...gambits worked so well this game, whatever they were. You claimed every town power role aside from hider, and given the chance, you would have probably done that too.

Upon entering the house, you see that he is a fan of nature, with birdseed and animal food all around. But most important, you do not see him there, obviously out on his watching crusade. Of course he could have been mafia. Aside from the note scribbled on the board, "watch andrew tonight." Turning around, you are face to face with...Dry-Fit.

"Thanks for saving my butt back there...I think."
"No problem. As long as it confuses the mafia, we're good."
"So...I guess you should be going back now? I still have to watch you tonight."
"Sure, sounds good to me." The two of you walk back to your house, ready to spend a relaxing night.

Upon entering your house, you hear someone in the living room, and you see a member of the mafia, the last member, step out with a gun to you face.
"What is your role?" he asks.

"Watcher," you reply quickly. "No, rolecop. Vanilla townie. I got it. Mafia. Definitely mafia." Without waiting to hear more, the mafia member shoots you.

tl;dr

--------- JasonT kills Andrew
--------- Dry-Fit watches Andrew
--------- andrew investigates Dry-Fit

starting out, i thought that the mafia was gonna win, so i wanted to root for town, but as the game went on, i wanted the mafia to pull out a win. what really screwed the mafia was the power roles making great choices. while setting up, i found it interesting that both andrew and shotty got powerroles, since usually they are considered VI's and therefore, mafia tend to keep them around.

on Day 1, things went pretty smoothly. it was unfortunate for the mafia that Joystick got caught, and andrew put the nail in the coffin. kinda surprised that you revealed on day 1, but if it took down a mafioso and there were watchers, then it was a good move.

as for Night 1, it was the chance for mafia to get ahead. it was a good choice to kill nameloc, ever since the beginning of the game, i saw him as obvtown, surprised no one watched him (though Dry-fit watched andrew, understandable). just unlucky for them that nameloc was hider.

Day 2 starts, and to be honest, even though shotty claimed watcher, i would have wanted to lynch him, based on how scummy he was acting. i'm sorry dude, but as i read, i couldn't help wanting to vote for you. In the end, the Antihero wagon won out, a break for the scum.

Night 2...party at shotty's. everyone with a night action targeted shotty, aside from shotty. Scum got a twofer, but lost someone while doing that. If i were them, i would have avoided shotty since it was an obvious trap.

Day 3 and 4 went by very fast, with good reason.

Night 3 happened like it thought it would.

andrew.........your first two investigation were mafia members. if you had been an actual cop...good choices. still, good choices, even though you only got to use one of them. as for your gambit...that was great. amazing play. and knowing that you pull gambits off all the time, it was even more believable.

oh, and i really liked writing the flavor for nameloc and Dry-Fit, if you're reading the results.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (isolation #21) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:08 pm

nameloc and andrew...already ahead of you.

also, yes there was talk of that. it was cleared up, and they are not the same people.

Return to “Completed Open Games”