Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:05 am

Post by LimMePls »

podium123456 wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
podium wrote: Really scummy, eh? With 2 scum left you think me calling 2 people scummy, and 1 slightly scummy, is excessive? Even if you want to classify my comment about Taz as me implying i thought he was scummy (which is a stretch)... big whoop. There were 2 scum left, and unlike you, i had no idea who they were.
Yes, having that many scum reads and NO town reads is scummy. Period.
A. You just said that not giving town reads is a town action. Herp.

B. I had
more scum read than you did at that point...

C. Lol.
*facepalm*

A) I think listing town reads early in mini games is generally bad for town. I think saying "I have no town reads" in 5-man mylo is scummy.

B) And no town reads.

C) Lol.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
LMP wrote: Wait a sec, so you're supposed to get credit for "pursuing scummier cases", but then you call me out for not mentioning you before endgame? So this works for you and not me?
You're analogy doesn't work... i didnt push a case on you, but i
did
mention your scumminess. You didn't mention
anything
about me, even though you are now claiming i was acting really scummy all game.

You intentionally left out the fact that i mentioned your scumminess, to make it look like i am being a hypocrite.

Twisting facts.
Ya, because I wasn't focused on making sure I'd called everyone in the game scummy. I was more focused on lynching the people I thought were scum. I love how I'm supposed to get negative credit in retrospect because I didn't notice you being scummy earlier in the game, when your whole style was lay low and poke scum accusations at people, and I had a much bigger fish to fry.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LynchMePls wrote: I don't even grant that you were "pursuing scummier cases". The only case you took any initiative on was Dr. P, which can easily be put down as someone using an awkward posting style leading to lots of misunderstandings and then a ragequit. Every other case was built by other people. You wouldn't get on board UT scum until the massclaim forced you to and you got on the Zodiark wagon late also.
When i write opinions like this, you call it 'twisting facts' or 'revising history'. But when you do it, i guess it's a narrative?

The same can pretty much be done for you, you know. Here:

The only case you took any initiative on was UT, which can easily be put down as someone making a normal null observation about an argument... you even gave the same observation that UT did about that argument. Every other case was built by other people. You only voted ABR because you saw town was voting for him, and figured you had better do so as well. You did the same thing with Zodiark.

Now go ahead and tell me why i am being disingenuous, and you aren't. :roll:
Because you know that's not true, but you have to push that version of events or you'll get caught. It's not hard.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:07 am

Post by LimMePls »

podium123456 wrote:
TDC wrote:In addition, would you mind elaborating what you hoped to achieve with this:

Whose reaction where you looking for? What kind of reaction would've meant what?
I would expect scum going into 3 way lylo to hit back pretty hard if someone accused them of being scum... attack my play, argue with me about why i thought you were scum, etc. You shrugged it off, with barely a mention. That furthered my suspicion that LMP was probably scum.
Of course you say that now, what else would you say?

@TDC: What is the point of even asking this question? The truth is that he was testing the waters for which way to go (you or me) in 3-way lylo, but of course he isn't going to admit to that.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:44 am

Post by podium123456 »

LynchMePls wrote: A) I think listing town reads early in mini games is generally bad for town. I think saying "I have no town reads" in 5-man mylo is scummy.

B) And no town reads.
In true LMP form, you are twisting things around to make an argument. You made an observation about a D2 statement, and i responded to it. When you realized my rebuttal made your initial point moot, you start talking about something i said on D3. Very scummy.

Back to the original argument... you yourself said that not listing town reads is acceptable town behavior, and i only had 1 more scum read than you did at that point. If you want to discuss this, stick to the actual issue we are talking about.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
LMP wrote: Ya, because I wasn't focused on making sure I'd called everyone in the game scummy. I was more focused on lynching the people I thought were scum. I love how I'm supposed to get negative credit in retrospect because I didn't notice you being scummy earlier in the game, when your whole style was lay low and poke scum accusations at people, and I had a much bigger fish to fry.
I didn't call everyone in the game scummy, and i already pointed out this game has an unusually high amount of town people acting scummy... why is it a surprise that someone would have a lot of scum reads?

The issue we are discussing is how you never mentioned me at all, even though now you say i was acting really scummy. You pointed out other people acting scummy besides UT, but not me. It doesn't make sense. I believe it's because you already knew my alignment, so you didn't need to analyze my play during the game, like a townie would do. Like i did to you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
LynchMePls wrote: Because you know that's not true, but you have to push that version of events or you'll get caught. It's not hard.
You know that the version you told about me isn't true, but you have to push it or else you'll get caught. It's not that hard.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:01 am

Post by podium123456 »

LynchMePls wrote:
podium123456 wrote:
TDC wrote:In addition, would you mind elaborating what you hoped to achieve with this:

Whose reaction where you looking for? What kind of reaction would've meant what?
I would expect scum going into 3 way lylo to hit back pretty hard if someone accused them of being scum... attack my play, argue with me about why i thought you were scum, etc. You shrugged it off, with barely a mention. That furthered my suspicion that LMP was probably scum.
Of course you say that now, what else would you say?

@TDC: What is the point of even asking this question? The truth is that he was testing the waters for which way to go (you or me) in 3-way lylo, but of course he isn't going to admit to that.
Why is it you feel the need to jump into conversations TDC and I are having, and give your biased opinion, when no one asked you to? I don't do that with the questions he asks you. Are you really that nervous?
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:13 am

Post by podium123456 »

LynchMePls wrote: This is really simple. Town can contradict themselves too. People contradict themselves in every day life all the time, and not because they are doing something wrong.
Lol... i understand that you are naturally going to argue that a contradiction isn't scummy... but it's still funny. We all know that most people consider contradictions to be a major scumtell.

And this isn't some small contradiction, that could be attributed to a townie making a mistake. Like X saying 'i didn't say Y was scummy' and somebody bringing up a quote where X said 'i'm getting a scum vibe from Y'.

No, you gave us your PHILOSOPHY about how/why you play as town... but you did something that completely went against that philosophy earlier in the game. It's a big deal... people don't just 'forget' their philosophies.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:08 am

Post by LimMePls »

It is a small tell, since I said "I don't normally do X" and it turns out that on D1 many weeks before I had done X. I simply did something I don't normally do. It doesn't change the fact that I don't normally do it.

This whole game is starting to aggravate the piss out of me. TDC needs to make a choice. This back and forth with podium "You're a liar, no you" is getting old.

V/LA on weekends
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:30 am

Post by podium123456 »

LynchMePls wrote:It is a small tell, since I said "I don't normally do X" and it turns out that on D1 many weeks before I had done X. I simply did something I don't normally do. It doesn't change the fact that I don't normally do it.
Lol... you got caught so bad. Notice how he tries to rewrite history here, and adds the word 'normally' in to try and give himself an out.

That's the problem with a text game like this... the truth never goes away:
LynchMePls wrote:
I don't give out town reads in mini games
, I think it benefits scum more than town. It's like saying "Hey scum, you should kill this guy, he looks pretty town".
/game
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:49 am

Post by LimMePls »

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You don't actually want to discuss this game on the merits of the play up until now, you want to hound me over and over and over until I say one small thing you can use, and then call it "/game". Well guess what, it aint game, not even close. Even if I contradicted myself under your nonstop ridiculousness, it doesn't change the fact that you're UT's buddy and the record of the game shows it.

@TDC: THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. YOU HAVE TO MAKE A DECISION. THIS IS NOT HELPING US WIN.

V/LA on weekends
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:49 am

Post by podium123456 »

LynchMePls wrote:You don't actually want to discuss this game on the merits of the play up until now,
This doesn't make any sense.

LynchMePls wrote: you want to hound me over and over and over until I say one small thing you can use, and then call it "/game". Well guess what, it aint game, not even close. Even if I contradicted myself under your nonstop ridiculousness,
This contradiction came from a line of questioning by TDC, not me.

LynchMePls wrote: it doesn't change the fact that you're UT's buddy and the record of the game shows it.
:roll:
LynchMePls wrote: @TDC: THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. YOU HAVE TO MAKE A DECISION. THIS IS NOT HELPING US WIN.
He said he was VLA until sunday... stop shouting...
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:29 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Vote Count:

podium123456 (1) - LynchMePls
LynchMePls (1) - podium123456

Not Voting:

TDC

With 3 Alive it takes 2 to lynch!

Deadline: 12am GMT on Thursday 21st October.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:56 am

Post by TDC »

Any final words?
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:56 am

Post by podium123456 »

Just go for it.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:41 am

Post by LimMePls »

Nope.

V/LA on weekends
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:07 am

Post by TDC »

Oh well.

vote LMP
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:16 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Vote Count:

podium123456 (1) - LynchMePls
LynchMePls (2) - podium123456, TDC

That's a lynch!

After a lot of arguing between the remaining three people in Devil's Town, TDC is called to make the final judgement, is LynchMePls scum, or is podium123456 scum?

After a long time deliberating TDC finally sides with podium, and together they drag LynchMePls to the gallows. Refusing to give any last words he drops and hangs in front of them both.

Dead:
LynchMePls - Mafia Roleblocker

Town win! TDC and podium123456 survive!
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:17 am

Post by podium123456 »

thank god... thank god in heaven

*exhales*

:D
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:18 am

Post by podium123456 »

great job modding prana
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:19 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

finally.

Good game everyone. Had fun playing with you all.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:22 am

Post by Nexus »

Sorry I replaced out, I was going away for 10 days, and couldn't devote my time to the game.

I did keep following it, though. Good job TDC and podium, and great job Prana for modding.
Trans rights are human rights.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:23 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Thanks podium, my only complaint with the entire game (outside of replacements, but that pretty much goes with the territory), was of my own doing. I think in future I'm going to adopt a similar ruleset to what I've seen elsewhere which is as the people in the town lessen, the days shorten. 3 weeks for the final day was way too damned long.

Other than that, the game went pretty well, and I actually through LMP had it in the bag before the last day. Hope all enjoyed it :)
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:24 am

Post by TDC »

I really think ABR's hammer on me should've counted, by the way.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:28 am

Post by podium123456 »

GJ with the hammer TDC... how close was it, and what made you change your mind?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@ prana - yeah i didnt know if you realized or not, but all other days were 2 weeks, and the rules say 2 weeks... i didnt know if you made the last day 3 weeks on purpose, or if it was a mistake.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:32 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Definitely a mistake then, my only defence there was my brain got frazzled around that time what with tons of stuff. Apologies on that one, so not only was it my own botch, but it was also a complete cock-up anyway.

and TDC, I made a judgement call on that one based solely on my rules that stated that they had to vote for someone "in the game", and as his vote was no longer on someone in the game, I didn't count it, but if the majority feel the vote should have counted I'll take it in mind for future reference (It was one of those times I had to make an instant judgement call on something I hadn't expected to happen).
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:38 am

Post by podium123456 »

tricky call on the ABR thing, technically i think you are in the right not to count it... but if it happens in the future (which would be rare) i would probably count it, as ABR was aware of the circumstances and wanted to do it anyway.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:02 am

Post by LimMePls »

I am so glad this game is over.

Thanks mod for the game! My only complaints are: ABR hammer should have happened, and 3 week 3 man lylo is WAY too long (I didn't even realize what podium just pointed out about how it shouldn't have been that long by the rules).

I made a tactical error in killing Taz instead of TDC. Taz was just so erratic I didn't think I could count on him to vote podium with me. I thought TDC would be easier to sway. If I'd have known it would take TDC 2+ weeks to make a decision I would have killed him and taken my chances with Taz.

GG guys, it was fun.

V/LA on weekends

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”