Mini 1069 - Hospital Madness Mafia (Game Over!)

Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Zang »

Exe wrote:Not trying to justify his votes =/= random voting. His playstyle is risky, and it could be argued to be anti-town by some (something which I disagree with). However, he is putting himself in a position that scum wouldn't want: for example, he is late to this wagon without much reasoning. Scum tend to avoid such positions.
But if he doesn't justify his votes, how do you know he has reasons for his votes? As far as we know he is random voting.
moospiker wrote:Lurking? Try Zang.
I am not lurking. Lurking is intentionally ignoring the game, I have low activity. And when I do post, I post content.
Tasky wrote:I really cannot get reads in the first day. Additionally a lot of people posts a lot of nonsense over non-existing reads and in the end day one ends up in a random lynch anyway. Usually the Content/Spam ratio at the beginning of games (and usually all day 1) is extremely low, so I really am not going to read every post.
I like it to slowly tune in on the game, posting more and more, and more and more content, while forgetting and ignoring less and less. The time this process takes is usually dependent on the game, the players, the flips, etc. but I couldn't really tell in which way.
I understand this but you can do this without voting for no apparent reason. Plus, when you are scum you could use this excuse to give no real content for the first two days.
Moospiker wrote:I'm beginning to think the bastardy mechanic may be an excess of power roles.
3 power roles are not a lot.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:48 am

Post by TheLonging »

How did I miss that Moo said you lurked? That's not good at all for Moo.

And BTW, NS has somewhat of a motive for his lulzy play. Moo just has scummy play and claims a role that'd work a lot better for scum.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:10 am

Post by Slaxx »

I am also inclined to believe Moo's role is more scum oriented. Its pretty much a Rolecop.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:32 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Rolecop/tracker
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Wingless
Wingless
Goon
Wingless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Wingless »

I'll reread the interesting things tomorrow i think.
Town: 1-2
Scum: 1-0(W/L).
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Zang »

If scum were given fake claims, why would they be scum oriented?
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:21 am

Post by CooLDoG »

The likelihood of there being 2 town trackers is very low. However, in a hevealy themed game (like this one) the scum will most likely have a cop type role, that’s just speculation.
unvote, vote: moo

Your active lurking is very bad, as well as the fact that you accuse others of lurking when you yourself lurk more. I have gone through your whole ISO and have found little content. You have deliberately gone with the flow and have almost never gone a different way the majority.
unvote, vote: moospiker
after a wank.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Slaxx »

They aren't completely scum oriented. I just don't see town rolecops too often (all a cop cares about is getting mafia, where as mafia wants specific role information).
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:30 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Also to note, he could have just substituted the line at the top to be town.
after a wank.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Parama »

Mod Note: I am not letting Moo take an 8 day V/LA. 4 days is the max, because 4 days would get you replaced by my ruleset. I'm PMing him about whether or not he will be able to post at all, otherwise I'm going to replace him.

Day 1 Vote Count #15

[4] Moospiker
- Uprising, TheLonging, Exe, CooLDoG

[2] Enigma
- Wingless, Zang

[1] Uprising
- Enigma

[1] Exe
- Nobody Special

[0] Nobody Special
-

[0] TheLonging
-

[0] CooLDoG
-

[0] chesskid3
-

[0] Tasky
-

[0] Wingless
-

[0] Zang
-

[0] Slaxx
-

Not Voting (4): Tasky, Slaxx, chesskid3, Moospiker

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is 10/31/10 at 9 AM CST.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Exe »

Well, I am tired of outing roles at this point. We're at, what, 4 potential power roles now? Chesskid's hinting, Cooldog's vig (calling his role a doctor is just silly), NS as a watcher/tracker, and Moospiker as a tracker/rolecop...someone here needs to die. Chesskid is out -- he's not even scummy. Cooldog's vig is easy to test.

That leaves it to NS vs Moospiker, and I have to say that Moospiker's role sounds like a scum role. That + his actions are pretty damning. I'm keeping my vote where it is at this point.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

I am switching over to Moo.

unvote

Vote: Moospiker
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Tasky »

I don't think lynching a claimed PR is a good idea right now.
Also, don't forget that even if a scum is faking to be a PR, he has to provide us with results. all those results are always very valuable information in one way or another.
therefore I think it is extremely hard to keep a fakeclaim up for the whole day
therefore even if a PR is fakeclaiming, delaying his kill is very valuable for us since we can make a better decision on who to kill, since mislynching a PR on day one is pretty disastrous for us.
additionally, delaying the lynch get's us much more information:
if we lynch scum now (unless we lynch CooLDoG), scum will get rid of the other informative role and we will have no information at all from both the roles. If however we lynch the same scum (with a higher hitting percentage) later, we will have gotten some nights worth of results, and if the mafia kills one PR, we will have an even easier task at spotting the lying scum.
and, don't forget, that there is the option that there is no fakeclaiming scum. I think we should absolutely not underestimate this possibility. Just because it is unlikely that three claims turn out to be three PR's, it doesn't mean it is impossible.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by Enigma »

Tasky posts some content but unfortunately it's all wrong.

I'm going to take my bets that if you try and lynch someone else, they are just going to claim another PR. Based on all the claims so far it's obvious this game is PR heavy, some much more useful than others.

Regardless the Moo claim doesn't excite me and looks to be the most likely to be a fake claim.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by Exe »

Yeah, Tasky, the problem is that another wagon is not going to help. There is no alternative to your proposed scenario.

If we wagon someone else, and they are town PR - we will not lynch them, most likely.
If we wagon someone else, and they are town vanilla - you're saying we should lynch them instead. This both reduces the chances of scum hitting a vanilla (and increases chances of hitting a PR) with their kill, as well as pretty much guarantees a townie lynch.
If we wagon someone else, and they are scum - they will claim town PR, and we will be in the same situation as the first one.

See how wagoning another person isn't going to help? When you've gotten as many claims as we have, it's the best idea to lynch the one that is most scummy. Which one do you think that is?
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Exe »

Additionaly: Another possible scenario is technically to have a vanilla townie claim and offer to be lynched, but that is incredibly anti-town for the most obvious reasons.

Long story short: Only a vanilla townie is going to claim vanilla right now, so I do not like the idea of wagoning a fifth player.

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I'm not totally for sure we would lynch someone who is going to be gone. There is important L-1/hammer banter we'll miss out on.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by Exe »

I'm not suggesting we lynch him prior to the mod giving us more info.

Wingless
Wingless
Goon
Wingless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:10 am

Post by Wingless »

I have read most of Moo's ISO.
I didn't saw real scumhunting there.
He was lurking, and I think he didn't read all the topic because his posts wrote mostly about posts that hadn't been made for a long time, he didn't hunt scum intensively.

Unvote
Vote: Moospiker
Wingless
Wingless
Goon
Wingless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:12 am

Post by Wingless »

Moospiker is at L-1, but we don't have to hurry.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:30 am

Post by CooLDoG »

@tasky, that is completely wrong... Scum will then always pick a PR and then, under your idea, will never get lynched. Also a question that I want to ask you... What do you think the chances are of their being 2 town trackers?

@moo/replacement, defend your lack of content.
after a wank.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:04 am

Post by Parama »

Moospiker hasn't even picked up he PM I sent him so I'm assuming he's gone and won't be back for 8 days. I'll wait 6 more hours (24 total since I PMed him), and after that I will be replacing him ASAP.

Day 1 Vote Count #16

[6] Moospiker
- Uprising, TheLonging, Exe, CooLDoG, Nobody Special, Wingless

[1] Enigma
- Zang

[1] Uprising
- Enigma

[0] Exe
-

[0] Nobody Special
-

[0] TheLonging
-

[0] CooLDoG
-

[0] chesskid3
-

[0] Tasky
-

[0] Wingless
-

[0] Zang
-

[0] Slaxx
-

Not Voting (4): Tasky, Slaxx, chesskid3, Moospiker

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is 10/31/10 at 9 AM CST.

Moospiker is at L-1.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:12 am

Post by Tasky »

Exe wrote:Yeah, Tasky, the problem is that another wagon is not going to help. There is no alternative to your proposed scenario.

If we wagon someone else, and they are town PR - we will not lynch them, most likely.
If we wagon someone else, and they are town vanilla - you're saying we should lynch them instead. This both reduces the chances of scum hitting a vanilla (and increases chances of hitting a PR) with their kill, as well as pretty much guarantees a townie lynch.
If we wagon someone else, and they are scum - they will claim town PR, and we will be in the same situation as the first one.

See how wagoning another person isn't going to help? When you've gotten as many claims as we have, it's the best idea to lynch the one that is most scummy. Which one do you think that is?
yeah. I guess you are right.

I might as well hammer, since Moospiker is away and won't give us much info anyway. So, if somone has to say something, speak now, since I am going to hammer in my next post (tomorrow, probably).

CooLDoG wrote:What do you think the chances are of their being 2 town trackers?
isn't NS a watcher?
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Wingless
Wingless
Goon
Wingless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:03 am

Post by Wingless »

Come one people, write everything you know about Moospiker.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:36 am

Post by TheLonging »

Tasky wrote:I don't think lynching a claimed PR is a good idea right now.
Also, don't forget that even if a scum is faking to be a PR, he has to provide us with results. all those results are always very valuable information in one way or another.
therefore I think it is extremely hard to keep a fakeclaim up for the whole day
therefore even if a PR is fakeclaiming, delaying his kill is very valuable for us since we can make a better decision on who to kill, since mislynching a PR on day one is pretty disastrous for us.
additionally, delaying the lynch get's us much more information:
if we lynch scum now (unless we lynch CooLDoG), scum will get rid of the other informative role and we will have no information at all from both the roles. If however we lynch the same scum (with a higher hitting percentage) later, we will have gotten some nights worth of results, and if the mafia kills one PR, we will have an even easier task at spotting the lying scum.
and, don't forget, that there is the option that there is no fakeclaiming scum. I think we should absolutely not underestimate this possibility. Just because it is unlikely that three claims turn out to be three PR's, it doesn't mean it is impossible.
This all relies on the fact that there is 1 scumteam and that he can't use his abilities. It doesn't even HAVE to be a fakeclaim; it could be a real scum PM changed around a bit to make it SEEM town.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”