Mini 1069 - Hospital Madness Mafia (Game Over!)

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:13 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Based on the claim. I'm going to make a case after I knock off some hwk on another player. Want to see how they respond, etc etc. Deadline isn't for quite awhile, right?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:28 am

Post by Charnel »

chesskid3 wrote:Based on the claim. I'm going to make a case after I knock off some hwk on another player. Want to see how they respond, etc etc. Deadline isn't for quite awhile, right?
Ok, watchers are powerful, that is true. Scum watchers aren't uncommon, and that is my problem. It is true that in this game, a town watcher would be more important to town then a scum watcher would be to scum. Deadline is within a week, I think.
one would hardly have joy without another's suffering, no?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:31 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Also, charnel, use your track ability tonight, don't use the rolecop one. [To clarify, if you use the rolecop one, I'm going to be up for lynching you, because if you flip scum we drown in wifom stew].
Makes sense, right?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Charnel »

chesskid3 wrote:Also, charnel, use your track ability tonight, don't use the rolecop one. [To clarify, if you use the rolecop one, I'm going to be up for lynching you, because if you flip scum we drown in wifom stew].
Makes sense, right?
I'm a tracker/
flavour cop
. Which is why I asked if the name of a role is indicative of allignment.

The bigger problem that I have: unless I get a guilty: is it a good idea to claim track results? Either I am claiming for someone else that he is vanilla, or I'm claiming that he is a PR. Both aren't really worth it. If I was to hit scum killing someone: you would know it in the first post.

Which is why I am thinking about using the flavour cop ability. If the names are indicative of allignment, I would get guilties and inno's, if the mod forgot to stop this. Seen that he didn't want to answer my question, I was leaning this way.

What were your reasons why I had to use my tracking ability?
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Exe »

Alright, so Occam's Razor says Charnel is at least an equally viable lynch to NS. Time to
Unvote.

The difference in Charnel's post has thrown me off, and I'm starting to wonder if Moospiker was the problem, rather than the slot.
However, I'm still not for the case on Uprising. He still reads VI to me.
Doing a reread now, looking for things that I missed.

~~~~~~~

Alright, reread stopped short as I started with an NS iso and noticed something huge that does
not
make sense.
NS wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:Here is my Role PM:
Parama wrote:
Nobody Special
, you are a
Security Camera Watcher

Each night, you stare at several blurry television screens all night long. Or you just stick to one and hope nothing goes wrong elsewhere.

You have 2 abilities, but you may only use one each night:
1. You may watch one player and see who targets them that night (but not what actions were performed on that player).
2. You may watch all cameras at once, learning every action that is performed that night, but not by who nor on who. However, once you’ve used this action, you will not be able to perform any action the following night.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Please confirm via PM with a paraphrase of your role's abilities.
NS's second ability is
NOT
a track. It's just a "what abilities have been used," checker. This is a HUGE scum beneficial role. Being able to know the roles that were used in the night means knowing if there is a cop, the number of docs, and potentially any other power roles that might exist. I don't see the value of this ability as a town ability.

Vote: NS
for the same old reasons (so very scummy).
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Exe »

On another note:
chesskid3 wrote:I already posted about the misrep the new dude did. That may very well have been an accident, because the rest of his stuff is good. While he still very well may be scum,
he is at the very least very willing to bus[/b, so we aren't getting him today.

NS is not today's lynch either. I'm going to reread in a bit
About the bolded, I have two questions.

1) How do you know he's "very" willing to bus? I see no evidence one way or the other on this without seeing flips.
2) If you think he's really bussing, then your suspects should be in this group somewhere: Uprising, Nobody Special, Wingless (his top 3 suspects). Any reason for this discrepancy?
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by TheLonging »

chesskid3 wrote:I already posted about the misrep the new dude did. That may very well have been an accident, because the rest of his stuff is good.
While he still very well may be scum, he is at the very least very willing to bus, so we aren't getting him today.
This is the most mind-boggling thing I have read and I want you to explain it.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Uprising »

I'm not satisfied enough yet to change my vote. Sure, NS does have a beneficial role, regardless of alignment, but who's to say that isn't a fakeclaim role PM?
Charnel is giving me scumvibes, although I'm aware I'm too inexperienced to know anyone's meta. (This is partly why I dislike meta.)
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
[21:37] <@Xyl> Uprising is the nicest person in the channel
http://webchat.globalgamers.net/ Channel: #mafia
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:51 pm

Post by Enigma »

Just a quick note, I'll try to get to this game soon.

Just in the final week of term which means way too many deadlines and a week from all my exams *hyperventilates*

So if I'm posting, I'm most likely procrastinating which may or may not be a bad thing. XD
Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:07 pm

Post by Charnel »

Uprising wrote:I'm not satisfied enough yet to change my vote. Sure, NS does have a beneficial role, regardless of alignment, but who's to say that isn't a fakeclaim role PM?
Charnel is giving me scumvibes, although I'm aware I'm too inexperienced to know anyone's meta. (This is partly why I dislike meta.)
I didn't expect anything else from you. You bandwagonned onto an easy lynch, and now that you have to find another place for your vote again you fear getting caught... and you leave your vote.

I'm happy with my vote. Uprising is obvscum.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:18 am

Post by Tasky »

UNVOTE: VOTE: Uprising
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:53 am

Post by Charnel »

Exe wrote:NS's second ability is
NOT
a track. It's just a "what abilities have been used," checker. This is a HUGE scum beneficial role. Being able to know the roles that were used in the night means knowing if there is a cop, the number of docs, and potentially any other power roles that might exist. I don't see the value of this ability as a town ability.

Vote: NS
for the same old reasons (so very scummy).
Good find! No town wants to know that "scum used a kill". They already assume that. Who did it is what town would want to know. You have a sharp eye, Exe.

However, I'm not going to vote NS, which I normally would. Seen CooLDoG's vote, I'm assuming he is going to shoot NS if NS is alive tonight. If I'm wrong here, please tell me CD.

I think Uprising is today's lynch.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:49 am

Post by CooLDoG »

No, I might not kill ns tonight. If you have noticed I haven't given out my suspects yet because of a mafia doc/jailer type role. I can say that Ns wouldn't be a bad kill but I have one or two other players that I'm considering. Sorry that I can't tell you.
@exe, score one for iso reads *adds that to case*.
@Up, what’s your case on Charnel?
@taskey, since you like 2 word posts do you agree with Charnel's case on Up, and is that the reason you are voting for?
@Chesskid, answer Exe/TL's questions. I don't think you are the best lynch this day though.
after a wank.
Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:04 am

Post by Charnel »

in that case:
unvote vote NS
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:55 am

Post by Tasky »

CooLDoG wrote:@taskey, since you like 2 word posts do you agree with Charnel's case on Up, and is that the reason you are voting for?
1. I am called Tasky.
2. Well, the case is quite weak. I am voting Up for fun (50%), for the case (25%) and because I don't know where else to put my vote (25%), see below for NS.

I don't think we should lynch NS:
Charnel's role is more likely to be a scum-role than NS. I know that Scum Trackers are far more common than Scum Watchers. On the other side I like the content Charnel is posting and therefore I put him back at null. Since to me right now Charnel and NS are equally scummy and they are both rather strong power roles I'd prefer to lynch none of them. Additionally, if NS were scum, they couldn't use the second ability (the one which is the good for scum, after all, what good does a watcher to a scumbag?) since they have to report us their results tomorrow and I think we could catch them if they fakeclaim a result, simply because there seem to be so many town-power roles (and if there are not many power roles, we should avoid to lynch such a strong power role anyway.)
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:02 am

Post by Exe »

Tasky wrote:Additionally, if NS were scum, they couldn't use the second ability (the one which is the good for scum, after all, what good does a watcher to a scumbag?) since they have to report us their results tomorrow and I think we could catch them if they fakeclaim a result, simply because there seem to be so many town-power roles (and if there are not many power roles, we should avoid to lynch such a strong power role anyway.)
It would be smarter (even if they were pro-town) for NS to claim that he used the ability but to NOT claim results. In the event that he is town, why the hell would we have him claim his results, thereby revealing all of the power roles to the scum? That'd be stupid. So regardless of alignment, NS will most likely use the second ability and refuse to give the information, and therefore there won't really be any way to catch him if he is scum.

Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:27 am

Post by Tasky »

Exe wrote:
Tasky wrote:Additionally, if NS were scum, they couldn't use the second ability (the one which is the good for scum, after all, what good does a watcher to a scumbag?) since they have to report us their results tomorrow and I think we could catch them if they fakeclaim a result, simply because there seem to be so many town-power roles (and if there are not many power roles, we should avoid to lynch such a strong power role anyway.)
It would be smarter (even if they were pro-town) for NS to claim that he used the ability but to NOT claim results. In the event that he is town, why the hell would we have him claim his results, thereby revealing all of the power roles to the scum? That'd be stupid. So regardless of alignment, NS will most likely use the second ability and refuse to give the information, and therefore there won't really be any way to catch him if he is scum.
you are not getting what I am saying.
That's exactly the point, the second ability is the one which is good for scum, therefore if he is town, he shouldn't use it. what I meant is, that if he lies and says he used the first one, while he actually used the second one, we will likely catch him, since he will get the chosen target wrong.
therefore he will have no choice as to use the first power, which doesn't help much.
the whole point of the argument was saying, that keeping him alive is good for us, since the information he can gather are very valuable to town and quite worthless to scum.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:50 am

Post by Parama »

Day 1 Vote Count #18

[4] Charnel
- Uprising, TheLonging, Nobody Special, Wingless

[3] Nobody Special
- CooLDoG, Exe, Charnel

[2] Uprising
- Enigma, Tasky

[0] Enigma
-

[0] Exe
-

[0] TheLonging
-

[0] CooLDoG
-

[0] chesskid3
-

[0] Tasky
-

[0] Wingless
-

[0] Zang
-

[0] Slaxx
-

Not Voting (3): Slaxx, chesskid3, Zang

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is 10/31/10 at 9 AM CST.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:53 am

Post by Exe »

I see. I did indeed misunderstand the point.
Well then your position is that we should lynch Uprising because if NS is scum, we will be able to catch him in a lie sooner or later?
Hmm. There is logic to your position. My only fear is that we will be outing another role if Uprising turns out to be town. Balanced with the life of a potential watcher, or else a confirmed scum. And the fact that I don't think Uprising is likely scum...
Nope, I think I'll keep my vote where it is. I'll keep it on a person I suspect to be scum rather than supporting the wagon of one of my town (albeit VI) reads just on the basis of a claim.

Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:57 am

Post by Exe »

In fact, if NS really is scum, he'll be able to use his 2nd ability, and even if we catch him in a lie afterward, the scum will have hugely valuable information. I don't want to see that happen.
Vote definitely stays.

Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:19 am

Post by Tasky »

Exe wrote:In fact, if NS really is scum, he'll be able to use his 2nd ability, and even if we catch him in a lie afterward, the scum will have hugely valuable information. I don't want to see that happen.
Vote definitely stays.
yeah, but don't forget the converse of your agument: if NS is really town, we will lose a very valuable power role.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:48 am

Post by chesskid3 »

fuckfuckfuckfuck sorry I meant to type up a bigass post yesterday but then I went out and got drunk and just woke up. Missed all my classes today too whee I'll post it later tonight after I catch up on everything fuckfuckfuck
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:06 am

Post by Exe »

Tasky wrote:
Exe wrote:In fact, if NS really is scum, he'll be able to use his 2nd ability, and even if we catch him in a lie afterward, the scum will have hugely valuable information. I don't want to see that happen.
Vote definitely stays.
yeah, but don't forget the converse of your agument: if NS is really town, we will lose a very valuable power role.
Yeah, we lose a watcher (I can only assume this is what you mean by "very valuable power role," as I've pointed out why his second ability is primarily anti-town, even if he were to be town). Not the only potentially powerful role we have though, and probably won't be the last powerful possible-town role to come up before the game is over.

Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:24 am

Post by Uprising »

I really don't understand how I am
obvious
scum...

Please explain this to me.
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
[21:37] <@Xyl> Uprising is the nicest person in the channel
http://webchat.globalgamers.net/ Channel: #mafia
Charnel
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Charnel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Charnel »

Uprising wrote:I really don't understand how I am
obvious
scum...

Please explain this to me.
You are not telling me that you don't understand why I'm voting you.

and you are avoiding questions...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”