Newbie 1027: Trick or Treat! [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by parknourie »

Soo we are in BUSINESS~ Finally yo!
/confirm
Let's kick off this game as quick as possible!
Random votes are a GO GO GO!!!
vote: Huntman800

The reason? He knows what I know and therefore too much!
Sex and Golf are Two Things You Can Enjoy Without Being Very Good At It.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by parknourie »

Huntman800 wrote:Hi, I'm excited for my first game, so let's get this started!
VOTE: SomeRandomGuy
(Reason? Random.org spat out 4)
Hi Mr.You-Are-My-Top-Scum-Candidate-ATM! If you want to vote someone, you must click on "Reply" to make a proper post. On the "proper post" you must make your "Vote: someone" in Bold. just like KittyMo said in the basic rules.
Confirm vote: Huntman800

like this.

@mod: Hollowe'en is sooooo last week. Guy Fawks is the new trend (jokes).
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by parknourie »

ooBAZZoo wrote:Hey. Looking forward to playing with you all. Just a few random questions I like to throw out so we can all get to know each other like special friends :D
1) Have you played mafia games before? (on this site, other sites, or in real life)
2) Where are you from?
3) Why the profile name?
4) Do you believe anyone caught lying should be lynched?
Wassup man.
1) I played this game several times. I'm the top player in my school in real-life (no, he's kidding).
2) I'm Korean, who lived in Korea for about 3 years of my 18 years of life. Currently inhabiting a small place in NZ.
3) I...dammit! Parknourie the name my father calls me.
4)It really depends on the situation. But I would like to hear more about your answer. A simple "No". Why?
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by parknourie »

LOL!
It turns out that I was the one who didn't read the rules properly! Oh save me from the shame!
Well, that means I can yet throw a new random vote on yet another person!
@@Vote: SomeRandomGuy

He is a criminal mastermind who plans to thwart the town's early stage of scumhunting!

Thor, I sincerely thank you for putting me and the rest of the town to the right direction just before.
However, your cocky smart-aleck attitude is distorting my upper intestines at the moment. Cut. It. Out.
I think our Lego Stormtrooper guy's questions are quite useful and fun.
I want everyone to answer them. Thor, you should answer number 2&3 as well as you did on 1&4.
Who knows? The statistics might show that people who live in France has 99% chance of being scum?
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:06 am

Post by parknourie »

Great. Now I have an IC on my ass.
Thor hasn't seen everyone's post yet (since they actually didn't post anything) and goes for one of the two SEs in this game which is me.
Random voting stage is over? I didn't know that. Do you run this show Thor? It is very discomforting (as I have siad before) to see you treating yourself as the top-and-the-best player in this game.
So it is page 2. I have posted...what, like 5 posts? And you confirm that I'm THE scum in this game. Very, very interesting.
It is common, I know, that one of the more-experienced players would be scum and one of the newbies will be their partner. However, you haven't seen everybody yet and therefore your firm confirmation on me being scum is definitely baloony.
However, it is wrong for anyone to say that I have you as my scum candidate.
ICs are the ones who get commonly linked with a newbie as their scum-partners. But your action right now (perhaps ONLY right now) seems to be out of frustration.
Of what reason? Of you NOT being scum. That is why, I think, you are trying to frame me right now. I'm SE who has the next biggest possiblity of being scum partner-cum-helper to a Newbie.
However, that is wrong, man. Acting purely on chances at the moment and not using your tried-and-tested skill on deduction is very unadvisable action for newbies.
Sigh, take your time, since not all of us has done much in this game yet, and be sensible with your decisions.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by parknourie »

Being scum is obviously more fun than being townie. Especially if you are experienced and in a Newbie game.
Your early i-dont-give-a-shit attitude (hence placing me as your victim) is overtaking you, Thor.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:39 pm

Post by parknourie »

Thor665 wrote:So, you're settling on calling me scum?
And what is my attitude overtaking? My previously town attitude?
i didnt say that. You are definitely town-read on me. However, the attitude is quite disgusting.
Greetings Andrew. Gimme 100 good reasons why I should unvote on you (actually a good "one" would do).
The fact that you just got in doesnt count at all.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #7) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by parknourie »

Thor665 wrote:@Huntman - The truth is that as you play the game you'll end up developing your own scum hunting style. Pretty much everyone does it differently and it really does take reading/playing games to learn what you'll start noticing as tells. The best and most basic advice is - say what you're thinking, and never get too locked down in preconceptions. If you can master that you'll already be leaps and bounds ahead of a lot of other players of this game. I actually disagree about the way you're reading Maniamax, but can see where you're coming from. The sad truth is pretty much every tell is pretty subjective and needs to be assessed on a case by case basis.

I'm still null on Mania, but if I can get a read on Guderian I'll probably have a more solid feel there.

Still think park is the strongest scummer thus far.

@mothrax - Huntman is town, get your vote off of him, please.
Rather than telling other people to do things you would do, why don't you try to convince them in a way that they can actually see and understand your purpose?
I'm not even going to argue with you anymore. Go ahead, get me out of your way. But seriously? Me, a scum?! Sure it is almost a 1/9 chance right now for anyone to be scum. However pinpointing down someone as early as right now...I have only two words to describe you: efficient and hot-headed. Maybe your Norse God afflicts your actual playstyle. You aren't going to be much of an ally to Town although you are town.
I guess enough has been going on for me to keep my vote off on Andrew now that he is fully participating in this game (however his usefulness to town still needs to be justified).
There are many pure-newbies in this game and it is quite difficult for me to determine who is scum but I have a rough idea on who is.
@@Vote: Guderian

Earlier on he got a town-read from Thor (a Powerful, manipulative, town-aligned IC) and I think that enabled him to somehow say anything, do anything without really getting on anyone's radar.
Word choices DO come as an issue around here, Guderian, as all we can see from other people's reactions are their collection of word choices.
He first goes for Thor. An IC in this game. Then he stays low until me and Thor argue about a no-big-deal called Playstyle.
Then getting on track, Guderian seems to have more than enough reasons to go for Andrew but instead he goes for me.
Now, I'm not saying that no-one should vote me if they think me suspicious, but just look at who's the other person going for me. Thor.
A newbie scum following an IC to safely go under radar and get a lynch out in earlier phase (as Thor says I'm the Scummiest person in here so far), I say this is.

p.s. High five Andrew
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by parknourie »

Guderian wrote:small incorrectness here. there are two scum and from a towns point of view they themselves are town. so its actually 2/8=1/4. very different.
A small incorrectness here. Yeah there are two scums but you only get to vote one at a time.
Thor665 wrote:
parknourie wrote:Rather than telling other people to do things you would do, why don't you try to convince them in a way that they can actually see and understand your purpose?
In regards to my town read on Huntman?
The reason is - Huntman is looking like lost newbie player and the *first* action he takes when trying to respond to my demands for reads on players is to explain why we should *clear* a player of suspicion. That's just not a scum mindset, especially not for a player who isn't even under a lot of pressure. Only way I see Huntmanscum at this stage is if Mania is his buddy.

Also, the above is pretty much ironing out my parknourie as scum feeling. Just look at how he's responded to me;
1. Calls me town for voting him (!?!)
2. Presents that really odd 'Thor is town who is angry he's not scum' deal (he's really darn sure I'm not scum, isn't he? I have no idea why, I've been townie, but I'm hardly super townie.)
3. Asks for clarification of my town read on Huntman.
4. Has yet to ask question 1 about my case on him...seriously, he hasn't even questioned why I have such a strong scum read on him yet. Can we say guilty conscience?

3 wouldn't be so exciting without 4, of course. Clearly he does understand the concept of explaining reads, he just doesn't want to hear the scum case on himself.
Ok, Thor. Tell me why I'm scummy to you.
Your #1 point is sadly stupid. I am not calling you a town because you voted for me. Quote the post where I have said that. Pretty sure that there were more elaborative reasons to it.
Plus your other points are just repetitions of your previous points.
Guderian. Can you tell me on how I became your serious scum candidate? Please use quotes from me which were posted After your vote on me.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by parknourie »

I believe I have already said the reasons why I think you are town before, Thor.
In case you were too blind to actually spend time reading my posts, I will say it again.
You are an IC. Inexperience Challenged. Get that, rockhead?
My reasons against you are psychological. I'm not surprised if a Norse (even though you are a God amongst them) doesnt understand psychology.
You are someone who expect the most to be a scum in Newbie games as you have the power to be a wise-town AND an awesome scum partner.
Even if an IC is NOT a scum, there is a great chance of other SEs in the game of being one. Don't be so naive about this point. Newbies are newbies. Sure they can be clever but seriously?
They need someone experienced to go alongside with them and someone with power is very much ideal.
Judging from your all annoyed, amped-down behaviors and playing with calculations, I drew the conclusion that you are actually in the stage of sheer frustration. Of NOT BEING SCUM.
Otherwise, you would have gone, "Alright! Let's do this shit!' with super hyped-up attitude.
But you are settling your score with me. And here goes our problem.
"Fucking hell. I'm not scum. No chance of wasting these infantile minions...Who can I pick on? Huh, a guy called Parknourie. Let's see what I can cook up with this guy!" Is probably what you went through before the situation we are in right now.
Very, very, annoying. Another proof that you are annoyed is your treatment to other players in this game.
Using your status as an IC you just command them, order them, find their mistakes, get easily annoyed by thier actions. What an IC you are.
Now, I'm not wasting my useful vote on you Thor. Just try and lynch me. The entire Town will have to pay for your utter stupidity. Not that the entire town is stupid enough to go for me all at once.
This Town's too small for me and you both. That's a Fact.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:48 am

Post by parknourie »

@ Thor, I did point out that Guderian seems scummy to me. Was that not enough?
@ Mothrax - Ready for a serious vote now?

I don't actually feel comfortable that another person posts my previous games and draw some conclusion on my playstyle. However, I think thats helping me atm, so be it.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #11) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by parknourie »

@ Thor - Although I hate to admit, I think Andrew's comment about my playstyle is quite accurate. I didn't realize this myself but, yeah, I'm under pressure right now. I don't get your second question. especially the word "reflect".

@ Guderian -
1. Apparent wishy-washyness, - What is that?

2. strange reasoning while pertaining to Thor (ie claiming he decided to vote you because he was IC and you were a lowly SE), - SEs are not lowly. Never said that. What I said is that there would be high chance of more experienced players to be a scum. (Why does no-one get that?) And that Thor's apparent random vote on me was drawn from the fact that HE is NOT SCUM and seeing my supposedly weak reaction, drew the conclusion that I was the more-experienced Scum in this game. Which I am Not. Not that one saying this would help anything.

3. followed by the fact that the town will be 'awfully sorry' to lynch you (will we be? I haven't seen any serious analysis from you to make me think otherwise) - Sigh, every mislynch is an "awfully sorry" state for the town. Especially when they mislynch a power-role or an experienced player.

@ Huntman - Thor doesn't like being scum?! Thats complete opposite to what I said. People generally dont like being pure Townies. I'm sure that goes for Thor as well. Surely being a scum is more interesting than being town?

@ Andrew - Nothing to say to you.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:44 pm

Post by parknourie »

What is Nanowrimo?
Hmm..How could i have missed that? But that still...what we see isnt what there is.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #13) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:39 am

Post by parknourie »

@ Thor - Why would you ask me something like "Why don't you vote Mothrax?"? Did you? Did Anyone? With what reason except for his jump on the popular wagon?
@ Mothrax - I will not claim unless someone gives out reasonable reasons on why s/he thinks I'm scum with an intention to hammer.

I think I was over-excited for this game...too much expectations.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:59 am

Post by parknourie »

Thor665 wrote:
parknourie wrote:@ Thor - Why would you ask me something like "Why don't you vote Mothrax?"? Did you? Did Anyone? With what reason except for his jump on the popular wagon?
Let me break it down for you.
You say you are town.
You say I am town and am voting you for 2 reasons;
1. Because I am not scum
2. Because obviously one hlaf of the scum team will be either an IC or an SE and I know it's not me.

You're an SE.
I'm an IC.
You think/know we're both town.
Who does that leave as the obvious scum? The other SE. Mothrax. Why, by your logic, are you not voting him? He has to be scum, right?
Ahh.. i get you now. How foolish of me to push on that my-logic but not do it myself.
Yeah. I think that might just be it.
@@Vote: Mothrax

He seems like a decent choice option for me who has an opinion that at least ONE of the more-experienced people are scum.
@ Andrew - You replaced in for a Newbie who apparently didnt even know that the game started.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #15) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by parknourie »

To add to the point of Mothrax being scummy.
Some people already pointed this out. Coming from V/LA, he suddenly goes for me agreeing with other people who already voted me.
A popular bandwagon...won't make much difference when I join in.
Must have been his thoughts.
Mothrax is an SE. Obviously he was involved with numerous games and knows his way around this site.
He suddenly gets me on L-1 and wha? Why couldnt he have taken his time to vote on me?
Also, he wanted me to claim as soon as he voted me while other people thought otherwise would be more approachable. I have already said. Will Not Claim. Yet.
His dodginess against Andrew is scummy. Trying to get into conversation without much seriousness and lacking depth with his posts...
Very opportunistic time to return from V/LA and indeed opportunistic vote he straightaway throws off on me.
Thor, I think returning my own logic straight back to me was the best thing you've done in this game.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by parknourie »

ooBAZZoo wrote: Again, Park, you seem to be under the impression that at least one IC or SE is chosen to be scum because of their experience (correct me if I'm wrong about this). This is not the case, all player's roles are chosen completely at random by a random number generator.
Hmm...I think I shudnt have boasted and thought I was the man from the start of the game. Turns out that I was the noobiest-of-them-all.
But I can fix that now.
I will have to think all over again from now. Opening all possibilities, even to Thor now.
First thing I should do is...putting my vote on the place where it is right now. To Mothrax.
Even exempting the fact that Roles are chosen at RANDOM, he seems like the most likely candidate to me.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #17) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by parknourie »

@ Huntman - I did think that one out of ICs and SEs needed to be scum in a game, but I think that was a pure mistake from me. I won't say that no more now.
To You he may not seem like one, but jumping on popular band and putting me on L-1 and Asking me to Claim is ALL very suspicious.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #18) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by parknourie »

I'm pretty sure that realising my past mistakes won't solve anything for anyone, but hey, give me another chance to do serious scumhunting.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #19) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:19 pm

Post by parknourie »

Alright, alright, I was just away for a while. Had a freaking nightmarish English Exam in school.
I just scanned through people's posts and I think I have nothing much to say really. Just pointing out Mothrax's dodgy single post while I was gone.

To answer Guderian's questions....
1. would you explain your previous vote on me in the context of tells and scumhunting
-The previous vote I gave you were quite simple in reason. You seemed to have just voted me in the vain of Thor. And also, I find your action of voting me off straight after Thor as well. I guess Andrew voted you for this but Huntman finds it quite natural. I dunno to be honest. I find Mothrax the scummiest atm.

2. what is your opinion on Thor right now? why or why not does he appear town or scum.
-I had to read all over again (since Bazz was the only one who told me that everybody has equal chances of being scum) but I still read town from him.

3. can you give me your thoughts on ooBazzoo, and his first significant post.
-I think BAZZ's first "significant" post has quite helped me to get on track of this game more properly. He really made me open my eyes properly (ㅡ.^). I read wise-town on him but maybe thats mainly because he sort of helped me out.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #20) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:15 pm

Post by parknourie »

I might be sort of repeating Bazz or even Andrew here, but,
Maniamax: Can't you make up your own case of strong scum candidate rather than just sitting on me because I was popular lynch destination? Just stealthily slipping into voting via other people's scum-read on me is quite scummy. Although you do think that I'm the top scum candidate for you atm, try to read on other people not just focus on me who got your vote quite early in this game.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #21) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by parknourie »

Err... I dont see any posts in which Mainamax unvoted me. Or is it just me who cant find them.

Err, yeah, sorry. I got Maniamax mixed up with someone else. :oops: --Kitty
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by parknourie »

1) What do you make of Sambo's inactivity?
-Not much. Must be busy.

2) Would you be prepared to vote him because of it if we can't agree on another player to lynch before the deadline?
-I think if we run out of time, the players would go for me. But if we agree on that I'll be fine with it.

3) Do you think you have scumhunted more than Maniamax? If so, how?
-I think I have done my own fair bit in this game. Yes more than Maniamax.

I see Mania as an active lurking newb town. But increasingly, his short useless posts just to make sure that he is still here looks scummy.
@Andrew - I suggest you stop going over your willy-nilly Guderian case. I somehow agree with Huntman and BAZZ on seeing your case on Guderian as a little forced and out of focus.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #23) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:57 am

Post by parknourie »

I'm going on V/LA I have to study English exam for 2 days. If I'm lucky I'll come back as soon as I can.
Interesting to see ChkFlip just come into the game and by Thor's suggestion only looks at my posts and thus throw a vote on me.
He had a bunch of things to say about my playstyle, however I see them all as very weak points.
Somehow I sense scum from him and his mimickry of Mothrax is quite disturbing.

Noted. (: ~ Kitty
Last edited by KittyMo on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #24) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:24 am

Post by parknourie »

I'm back from V/LA today, officially.
Further progression of games are occuring here. Although I still think Mothrax is a good scum-candidate for me.
Is that hideous Godzilla-rival lurking or what?
More importantly, Guderian overtook me in gaining popularity from the town's top-death-list. That can't be good can it?
Right now it is Chkflip who is on the second space of my scummy list.
His popcorn-posts are infact quite useless. More useless than going on lurking for four days I should say.
Yeah he DID throw a quick switch of vote from me to Guderian, but that was because everyone called him Thor's pet as he only read me.
He tried to put me back on the hot-seat by following orders from Thor and, golly, his opinions were weak.
I guess many already pointed this out but Chkflip threw a vote on me with reading only what I posted in this game.
Then he says I'm town. Then he says because I went on V/LA i might be scum. Its purely based on my playstyle in which Chkflip tries to draw suspicion on me. He did that when he entered this game before.
Of course when people come back from V/LA, they go back reading what has occured and do serious analysis on everybody's progressions.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #25) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:36 am

Post by parknourie »

Finally someone's back with fresh(?) new ideas.
Actually its all parrating, Mania. However there is some credit to be taken as no-one actually voted Chkflip to put him to real questioning yet.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #26) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by parknourie »

@ Thor - I'm staying put on whoever I vote man. Whether he is not present or not. Who knows? He might be Mania Jr. just coming back from a long long shower.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #27) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by parknourie »

Everybody is posting so much these days, its very hard to keep up since I'm not here all the time.
My opinions on people atm.

Mothrax - Scum atm, but my signal on him is getting weaker and weaker. If he was lurking, he would have gone to another popular person and then post less. Will probably get proded soon.
BAZZ - Town. Reasonable, people dont like his lack of votes but i dont really mind.
Thor - Town. However where's the eagerness you showed before gone?
Andrew - I dunno. He seems eager to push people along. Might be scum-tell.

I have to go now, will return and post more.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #28) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:12 pm

Post by parknourie »

Continued list.

Guderian - Popular choice. Don't really feel positive on his lynch, but some people seem so convinced.
Huntman800 - Did he vote yet?
Chkflip - 2nd Scum candidate for me.
Mania - Town who is quite efficient. No real thing on him yet.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #29) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by parknourie »

Mothrax - I sincerely hope your mother gets better. After you are replaced, I will try my best to get you lynched!!
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #30) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by parknourie »

It is interesting to see quite a number of you turning your backs on Guderian.
Thor initially read town on him earlier on, which quickly changed into his suspect after a number of mirror moves performed by Guderian.
Andrew has been waffling so much about Guderian's inability to recognize the preview posts.
Huntman had the most perceptive idea and good reason to vote on him.
Chkflip? Guderian's arch-enemy. I am personally more inclined to vote Chkflip than Guderian at this point. Saying why would be over-repeating myself.

I personally believe Guderian is just misunderstood town. His recent flailing shows the sign of desperation which I, in most of my games as a town, showed.
I would be more comfortable with lynching Mothrax (or whoever his replacement would be) or Chkflip at this point.
But if it is a real neccessity, I wont hesitate to ask Guderian to claim and hammer him.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #31) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by parknourie »

@ Andrew - I think Thor meant (on his last post) that he wants to know the answer from Mania of the question you asked. Not saying he found it but he wants to know the same thing as u do. Also, I think you are blind in some cases. Mania voted Chkflip. Can't you see that if someone think someone's scum, they VOTE them. You knew that didn't you?
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #32) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by parknourie »

I had enough time thinking and analysing.
Chkflip entered this game with an old idea of jumping on my wagon for my playstyle...which he unvoted immediately.
Then he goes for Guderian. Reading back the posts of everyone who voted for Guderian since then made me unsure of what to do.
I didnt spend as much time with this game since then but that doesnt mean I havent read anything...hence a soft-lurking, if you will.
I will hereby hammer Guderian at this point.
He claimed Townie, so its not really a harm for the town if it were a mislynch.
The game needs to progress and there seems less and less room for Guderian to survive this town today...so why not it be me to send him away?

@@vote: Guderian
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #33) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by parknourie »

First of all, series of unfortunate events occured...
1) My hammer on Guderian led to yet another mislynch on Day 1.
Observations taken: Chkflip blames me for hammering although he was hellbent on lynching Guderian himself. Bazz thinks we had to take more time on lynching although he went for unpopular players in this game. [Popular=People Try To Kill Them].

2) Charlie [I actually would like to address this player as Mothrax, but anyways] died on Night 1. Similar suggestions to what Thor said can be drawn from this.
Observations: No one really went for Mothrax during Day 1. He didnt post much but enough to earn my vote on him. Interesting to see why anyone would kill this guy (am I parroting someone here?)

@ Huntman : Cya "confirmed" Town.
@ Chkflip : I dont regret lynching Guderian. However just because i threw the last vote on him doesnt mean that it is me who KILLED him. You all contributed 1/5 of his lynch. Yeah, my vote was kinda crucial to the Day's end wasn't it? But the Day's end was not the reason i gave my vote. It was to lynch Guderian because you guys (andrew, Thor, Hunt, Chk) convinced me of his possibility. If there was ONE person in this game who shud feel guilt from Guderian's lynch, its Andrew. Not me.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #34) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by parknourie »

@ Bazz - 75%. Remember I had voted him once before and unvoted without real change of thoughts.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #35) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by parknourie »

I didnt actually notice the point BAZZ made about Huntman's last post before he examined it..but now that I look at it, BAZZ does have a point with Hunt's slight attempt of distancing.
It is very slight, but heck, anything can happen in this world as long as we can imagine it. Maybe thats what Huntman tried to do after all? He has been pin-pointed by many as "THE CONFIRMED" Townie.
Very fishy for him to leave the game with three people on his last list of scurvy scums.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #36) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by parknourie »

Ssup Neruz. Welcome to the game.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #37) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by parknourie »

Just as I have thought to myself.
Chkflip shows an opportunistic vote on me quickly after Neruz has voted.
Neruz's decision on voting me is poorly mimicked by Chkflip.
When did I ever waste my vote on you, Chkflip? Your reaction to Neruz's post to attack me is really an empty spectre that shows you are only reading this game through your eyes with people's reactions to you and you only.
Coming back to a sentence before, "OMGUS"? LOL, you just can't keep your mouth shut can you? The reason why I was suspicious of you were not only purely because you have voted me but because you did it in your own selfish, narrow-minded way.
My answer to BAZZ's question was really, a short, meaningless post. Funny that it took you quite a while to actually go on to it as a tool to nail me down alongside Neruz.
What was the essence of BAZZ's question? I could have just said "Oh yeah, he was 100% scum to me...but turns out he wasnt...hahahaha." I suppose you were 100% sure of Gude's guilt then?? That just shows how bad you are at this game.
No matter how sure you are of someone's guilt, unless you are a Cop in this game, you can NEVER be 100% sure of someone's role in this game. It is by making deductions, analysation, that we get the filtered percentage rate of who to lynch.
What the fuck do you mean by wanting to hear a "logical one" about my statement on people coming back from V/LA and read the past posts?! Don't you read the posts you have missed when you come back from V/LA?
@@VOTE: Chkflip

Now's the time for me to move onto my next scum candidate. Come on, bring on the OMGUS statement.
I had my eyes on you for a while now.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #38) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by parknourie »

@ Thor - Hammering...really depends. Although I am more inclined to say that it is NOT scummy since I was the one to hammer here, but I would say every cases are quite different.
@ BAZZ - Saying anything against what Neruz said will be quite pointless...since what he says is true except for the fact that I'm scum. Indeed, I myself would be convinced as being scum looking at what he posted. But (I gta say this no matter how pointless it would look) I'm not scum.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (isolation #39) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:45 am

Post by parknourie »

Sorry I havent been able to post lately.
I suppose everyone can see it, I noticed the strong buddying of Neruz and Chkflip during the past few pages.
Not only did they voted me (one with reasons, other with intention to sheep) they never seem to be really addressing each other on anything.
This shows a weak distancing between these two players. Although it isn't completely buddying, their connection to each other is undeniable.
First, Neruz votes me with reasons of contradiction in my early posts with enough details.
Then, Chkflip comes along straightafter and then votes me with i-dunno-i-know-you-are-scum attitude and claims that his arguments are COMPLETELY different from Neruz's.
Obviously if they use similar reasons with each other to attack me would be found by others as fishy. However, forcibly using different angles to attack is quite noticeable as well.
Neruz wasnt really on my radar before (or should i say Huntman) but now, after replacing the previous player, Neruz does almost everything to undo what Huntman did before.
I'll have my eyes on him.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (isolation #40) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by parknourie »

@Neruz - I'm making a case on my own, I don't see anything scummy about that.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #41) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by parknourie »

The argument between Thor and BAZZ, to me, almost seems like something that is casually occuring between two towns. The more sinister plot i think, is yet to be revealed.
The convenient position of No Votes taken by Mania and Andrew is worth noting as well.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (isolation #42) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:01 am

Post by parknourie »

@ BAZZ - I think I have improved from the earlier stage of this game till now.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #43) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by parknourie »

I agree with Thor that Andrew's reason of not voting is not quite justified well enough.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (isolation #44) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:03 am

Post by parknourie »

Well, on Chkflip's point on saying that Neruz is far "better" player than Huntman, isn't convincing everyone that s/he is town the quality of being a good player? Also, are you applying that since Neruz is better than Huntman, we must say that he is both Town (as Huntman was) and a good scum-hunter? Does that mean we have to listen to him?
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (isolation #45) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:30 am

Post by parknourie »

chkflip wrote:How do you guys not realize parknourie is trying to float through this phase?
Apparently, I'm back.
No need to prod me.
If your initial reasoning against me were good enough, you wouldn't have to mention my active lurking (so what they call it) to gain town's suspicion on me.
If my lurking was suspicious, more people have gotten on my bandwagon, seems like your initial case sucked and what you are doing right now is close to flailing.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (isolation #46) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:57 am

Post by parknourie »

chkflip wrote:@parknourie:
- Claim.
Packbat wrote:
andrew94 #603 wrote:^ only when someone wishs to hammer, he/she will ask to claim
I'm still slogging through D1, but as long as you're asking politely, let me point out:
parknourie #43 wrote:Greetings Andrew. Gimme 100 good reasons why I should unvote on you (actually a good "one" would do).
The fact that you just got in doesnt count at all.
andrew94 #61 wrote:@park dude ur vote on me is a random vote
parknourie #71 wrote:
@@Vote: Guderian
and:
parknourie #71 wrote:p.s. High five Andrew
parknourie, claim.
Claim: Cop

I really don't know how it all got to this point, but that's my claim.
I wasn't roleblocked on Night 1 and I have checked Chkflip. He is Mafia-aligned.
I haven't contributed much on Day 2 and I'm quite conscious of it, but I am on the edge of getting lynched now and this is my final contribution to the town.
It would have been nice if I attacked Chkflip more eagerly during the course of this day and got more of your attentions but oh well, guess its quite late now isn't it?
Chkflip = Mafia-aligned.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (isolation #47) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by parknourie »

I dunno about anyone, but I'm most impressed. Its still twilight so i can still say things right?
Nice job everyone, although I was a horrible player in this game, I'm glad to have had an opportunity to play with everyone of you.
Geez this game was full of replacements~ but anyways good luck to both sides~
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (isolation #48) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by parknourie »

Game over babies~
Well, I was kinda surprised with this result.
I played horribly, got lynched Day 2, while Andrew really used 100% of his strength to protect me before.
I thought my Cop claim wasn't bad considering the fact that there were no Cops in this game, but Andrew gave an unexpected thrust and got the game into real motion after my death.
Thanks people for the fun game you all provided. A real nail-biter this was.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (isolation #49) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by parknourie »

Neruz wrote:I seriously don't see how Gude was so scummy, if i'd been here from day 1 i probably would have been going after you or possibly Thor.
Well, I personally thought that too.
I had no idea how to get successful hammer. I hammered anyways, knowing that I'll be an easy target for Day 2.
Things turned out quite pleasantly...at least for us. Another Mafia Victor!
-Kevin Costner, Actor
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (isolation #50) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:46 am

Post by parknourie »

Guderian wrote:That damn parknourie. I don't even remember why I unvoted him in the beginning as well. So close.

Also, Thor, I did think your case on me was kind of shoddy. That whole unvote debacle I am rereading and remembering :p!
Eheheheh, guess I was lucky even to have survived Day 1.
If Neruz and Chkflip showed up earlier, who knows what would have happened?
-Kevin Costner, Actor

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”