StrangerCoug's Worst Nightmare IIIS: The Dungeon (Game over)

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:31 pm

Post by Fate »

Vagueness is cruise control for Anti-Town.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by Fate »

Oh you're saying "look at dat player list, look at dat thread, look much lurkinz goin on"

Yeah ok. So lets just lynch randomly in the fuckin dark when we have a DAY VIG. My reads are on the people contributing, so sure, they may be Fated to "suck." BUT in terms of pro-town play wagoning active players > lynching lurkers. A mislynch of a townie will tell us 100X more than a scumlynch of a lurker.

"but then how do we lynch lurker scumz?" DAYVIG. And tomorrow, MASSCLAIM.

So there.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by Antihero »

OK, if you don't see a problem with not even knowing who's in the damn game, I don't know what I can tell you now.

P. Edit - OK, whatever.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Tasky. Chrono. Parama.

All three need to be lynched. Tasky has gone completely under the radar. Chrono was never above it. Parama is throwing around vague bullshit about how Charlie is town, and smarg is ruining the null/town read I had on her by accusing Fate, of all people, of paralyzing the game.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by Fate »

"ok, whatever" Either agree or disagree, the hell's wrong with you? Why don't you want to make some grand case about how we should lynch Chronolurkerscum today and how that lynching lurkers CAN be good town play or ANYTHING?

I mean, I know you dont ACTUALLY want Chrono lynched today (if you are scum) because he's a great target to park your vote on because his play is such shit and easy to make a case on.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by Antihero »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Tasky. Chrono. Parama.

All three need to be lynched. Tasky has gone completely under the radar. Chrono was never above it. Parama is throwing around vague bullshit about how Charlie is town, and smarg is ruining the null/town read I had on her by accusing Fate, of all people, of paralyzing the game.
That was me.
Fate wrote:"ok, whatever" Either agree or disagree, the hell's wrong with you? Why don't you want to make some grand case about how we should lynch Chronolurkerscum today and how that lynching lurkers CAN be good town play or ANYTHING?

I mean, I know you dont ACTUALLY want Chrono lynched today (if you are scum) because he's a great target to park your vote on because his play is such shit and easy to make a case on.
What's wrong with me?

Is that a serious question? Or is that just a joke?

What's wrong is that I'm talking to someone who apparently doesn't want to listen.

And we're at a couple scum at this point in the game. I would take any kind of scumlynch over anykind of mislynch any day of the week. The "information" you're talking about; that's illusory.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by smargaret »

Fate wrote:Because of the way you JUST tried to throw dirt on my play "since my catchup" IM STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO RESPOND BY THE WAY:

1. How is it rolefishing
2. Do you have any concerns with my views on bandwagonning and how it is pro-town?

AND ALSO NEW ONES:
1. Your votes on NO ONE, this is counter-productive as hell.

"I think that's enough for tonight. Is there a preference for who I should read/post about next?"
Asking what to comment on iS SCUMMY. Who the hell do YOU think is scummiest? Why don't you comment on people in the order YOU deem important?

BECAUSE YOU ARE GODDAMNED SCUM WITH ANTIHERO BUT IM LYNCHING SERIALKILLERS FIRST BUT ILL GET BACK TO YOU CLOWNS.
Okay, you're not understanding me. Take a deep breath and calm down.

1. I voted Tasky to see your reaction, not because I particularly thought he was scum. I saw your reaction. I unvoted.
2. Over the next three days I will read everyone in this thread in iso and I will reread the thread and make a decision so I can place a vote before going v/la. I fail to see how the order in which I do so is important - I'm trying to go for the biggest wagons first, but if you have a burning desire to hear what I think about, say, Parama, I want you to tell me so I can get that information to you in time to respond to it. As in, I'm trying to help town because I know going away is going to make things difficult.
3. My vote isn't on anyone right now because I haven't finished all of these reads yet. I have a decent idea where I'll wind up putting it, but I'm not sure yet. I will vote before I go v/la, but we're not going to lynch anyone before then and I don't get why you're so upset that I'm not voting anyone at the moment.

In response to your old questions:
1. You should not vote people to get them to claim; you should vote them because you believe them to be scum or to get a reaction (see my vote for Tasky, or any one of the pressure votes on this site). You are acting like the only reason to vote someone is to get a claim, as if that is the goal of voting. That is rolefishing. You want to know what Tasky, Chronopie, and Espeonage's roles are (aside, Esp, your name is really hard for me to type and apologies if I misspell it) and don't seem to care much if we lynch any of them.

2. Yes, I do have concerns with your views on wagonning. I think it has its proper time and place, and I'm not so sure that this is it. I think that if we take the attitude that bandwagons are okay and the One True Way we let scum get away with jumping on and riding their way to a mislynch - see the epidemic of pointless votes for the popular wagon. Wagons are appropriate to get reactions and shameless wagonning is better than no-lynching, but wagonning for the sake of wagonning to the point where original thought is considered anti-town encourages the follow-the-leader mentality that lets scum dictate a series of mislynches and win. I especially don't like how you come in and assume the role of town leader, or how you deal with people who disagree with you.

Now a question for you: Why are you discouraging independent scumhunting?

EBWOP: Oh dear God. So much posting!

Fate, I did take a stance on your predecessor xvart. I think you're scum. I'll probably wind up voting you. You'll say this is buddying, but I've had a townish read on Antihero for more or less the whole game (not gonna do the whole iso thing tonight). And now you're calling for massclaim. Which you said earlier was what you'd do if you were rolefishing. So I guess you're conceding that point, huh?

What I got from your reaction to my Tasky vote: You never really had a case on me. It was a gambit to, as I said above, discourage independent thinking and bring the wayward sheep back in line - or why is it that every time I do something that you haven't wholeheartedly endorsed, you vote me, then when I make a craptastic vote with no reasoning (aka scummy play) suddenly you think I'm fine and dandy?

EBWOP AGAIN:
KoC, Fate isn't paralyzing the game, he's hijacking this bus we're all riding on and saying "my way or the highway." The game's still moving, but in the direction Fate wants it to move and only in the direction Fate wants it to move.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:49 pm

Post by smargaret »

In fact, I'll change the vote after I read things through, but I'm pretty sure I won't.

VOTE: Fate
Note to Mod: my unvote is earlier in the thread.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by smargaret »

EBWOP: Yeah, that was a wording fail. I meant to say I'll vote now, I may change it after I read things through, but I'm pretty sure I won't.

I so need to actually go to bed.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:05 pm

Post by Fate »

Stove if she leaves her vote on me and goes V/LA, I'll have no choice but to get her lynched.

I hope you understand. She is incredibly obvscum.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Post by Fate »

- I'm trying to go for the biggest wagons first, but if you have a burning desire to hear what I think about, say, Parama
Here's the problem though, at the time of you posting, Parama IS the biggest wagon.

Yet what did you do?

You posted a paragraph on why Espeon was a nullread and "not enough to vote on" a couple of quotes on why Chronopie is a terrible player, and then said "that's enough for tonight."

1. "im trying to go for main wagons" preceded by cases on two FUCKIN LURKERS = DISSONANCE =SCUM
2. No IT WASNT ENOUGH for tonight. How many hours have you still been online? But you haven't been reading through or doing much of ANY real content except responding to things as they come at you. AKA Reactionary play.

3. Im not calling for a massclaim TODAY, what? I want the serial killer lynched first. One kill flying at night >>> two kills. So I'm not conceding anything, nice try.
4. Unless you are going to make some GRAND and COMPLETE case on me, you voting me before you go V/LA is ANTI-TOWN AND SCUMMY. It gives you an excuse to not be on the main wagon of the day or pressure any of your scumreads or ANYTHING. If you were actually FUCKIN TOWN and in your slot you'd be pushing for the Chronoscum read that you have, since his wagon is 1000x more viable than mine.
5. You picked the wrong person to vote as scum, toots.

Stove you're going to have to go over this town read with me REAL close and it better not contain any bullshit "interactions with scum" because I REFUSE to accept those as any more than circumstancial evidence.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by smargaret »

FFS why am I still online?

1. Chronopie is an up-and-coming wagon. Espeonage was the big wagon earlier in the day. Who thinks Parama is scum? You do, and the people you've scared into sheeping you.

2. Yeah, I should have gone to bed after I posted that. I'm not going to get into why I didn't because it's too personal, but suffice it to say I wouldn't be effective reading isos tonight. I can still answer questions, I just don't want to go through an iso, completely miss something, and decide someone is town when they're not.

3. You're still calling for that massclaim. You don't know that it'll be warranted tomorrow or not.

4. I totally intend to make a grand and complete case on you/xvart. I'll read you and Antihero, per your request, tomorrow. I'm going to be V/LA Tuesday through Sunday, and I'm not sure when I'll be home on Sunday. Would you rather I didn't vote at all for the rest of the day? Also, hopefully after I post my case on you tomorrow, your wagon will be the viable one.

5. Don't call me toots. My fiance isn't allowed to call me toots, what makes you think you can?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by Fate »

1. Yeah, I and I alone think Parama is scum. That's an accurate representation of the situation form a town perspective, HAH
2. Excuses excuses, all I see is scum who made two crap analysis and then called it a night
3. If its not warranted tomorrow I won't push for it. Simple as that, you saying I claimed scum through my own logic ("you said if you were rolefishing you'd do X! AND LOOK YOURE DOING X! HAHA UR SCUM!) is pretty pathetic.
4. I'll be here waiting with much anticipation. Good luck with that case, I've never been lynched as town without a guilty outside of LyLo.
5. The fact that I can form the letters into a word and direct it at you? That's what makes me think I can. Other than that, I won't do it again if it upsets you so much, but try not to let little things like this ruffle your feathers.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:12 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

Charlie (1): Chronopie
Chronopie (2): chesskid3, Antihero
Fate (1): smargaret
Parama (3): The Stove, Twomz, Fate
smargaret (1): Tasky
Tasky (2): Knight of Cydonia, Nachomamma8
The Stove (1): Lady Lambdadelta
Not voting (3): Espeonage, Charlie, Parama

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

DEADLINE IS MONDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 2010 AT 7:00 PM MST.

Chronopie will be prodded.

smargaret wrote:VOTE: Fate
Note to Mod: my unvote is earlier in the thread.
No it is not. I checked you in ISO.
See below.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:23 am

Post by smargaret »

smargaret wrote:It's not just Tasky that you want outed, though, Fate. You want claims from every person that you consider scummy - and heaven help the poor soul who dares to disagree with you. Witness the explosion in your two (EBWOP: 3) most recent posts.

Why are you afraid of someone questioning your motivations? I didn't say it was scummy because I wasn't certain that it was scummy rolefishing. It was rolefishing, though, and that plus your OMGUS - which you practically admit it is - really makes me wonder about the towniness of your motivations.

Now, I'm going to go reread the game and read some isos. I hope to be able to post a list like Antihero wants before going V/LA (and that vote on Tasky was mostly to see what Fate would do, so UNVOTE: Tasky). I'll certainly manage to come up with my top choice for scum by then.
@ Mod, there's the unvote
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:41 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Oh :oops: That's what happens when you try to do a vote count at seven in the morning on a Sunday.

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:52 am

Post by Parama »

Hi.

@Smarg: Unvote Fate.
@Fate: Applesauce.
@Knight: When did I go from a null read to a scum read?
@AGar: That's BS and you know it :)
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:13 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

This game has blown up into a shit load of personal insults and all that good stuff...

Can we please step away from that, and get back to making valid points?

I think AH is trying to say Fate is Tunneling on the people he's pushing, because he doesn't even know who else is in the game?

That's just what I got out of that...
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:15 am

Post by Tasky »

WTF?!
so much spam.

just one question:
Fate, why are you voting Parama over smargaret? she is scum, you know that and yet you vote for a dubious scum-read.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:37 am

Post by Twomz »

Class, today's horrible lecture is about something horrible. Open your horrible textbooks to page 2038.

Lurkers
Chronopie
Espeonage

Likely Scum
Parama
Tasky
Charlie

Null
Antihero
chesskid3
Lady Lambdadelta
smargaret

Town
Nachomamma8
The Stove
Knight of Cydonia

Very Loud
Fate

The dayvig should take care of the lurkers, we don't need to worry about them as lynch targets. I need to get ready for something soon, so hopefully I can actually try to read over some players when I get back, but the above is a 'gut list' of the players for now. I think charlie should be given a bit more time before we try to lynch him, but I'd be willing to lynch either of the other two right now.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:43 am

Post by Parama »

Twomz wrote:3) If you assist in the Esp lynch today Fate, I'd be willing to throw my vote on Parama tomorrow for great justice (unless he becomes vigbait of course).
Twomz wrote:
unvote, vote: parama
Twomz wrote:Lurkers
Espeonage

Likely Scum
Parama
Hi my SK friend.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:36 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Happy scumday Twomz!

Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:01 am

Post by Charlie »

Okay, all the wallposters including Fate, who multiposted to form a pseudowall are Town. I'm going to assume this, it makes my life eaiser.
Parama feels town. I'd bet one lunch on that (but wait, this is a bastard game so maybe he's third party. I don't think he's informed minority.)
I don't know what's going on with The Stove, yeah. Very odd behaviour.
Twomz has a post restriction? He's Toothless the grumpy school teacher?
Ok I like Antihero. I'm putting him on the Town list as well.
chesskid3 gets the Town label as well because he has a language post restriction. It makes sense.
Chronopie gets the Mafia label for saying stuff that is neither here nor there.
What, Nacho is in this game? Wait, I can has analysis of him ISO later. For now he fits the Null bill.
I don't understand the self-vote, I am very sad. But, I'd call shenanigans. Still Town.
OK! I see this:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:But I'm getting a vibe that Parama v. Fate is Town on Town.
which I think so too, so I'm just going to make my life easy and say Town and Town think alike i.e. LL and myself share an alignment.
chesskid3 wins the case against Chronopie.
Somehow, smargaret isn't convincing with that vote on chesskid3. It feels timed.
Yay, all done.
Oh noes, my list matches Antihero's. (with the exception of The Stove -- but a hydra is difficult to read, so he's wrong. Yeah.) This. Is. Creepy.
Drama, save it for a llama.

Clarification: Comments above made as I crawled from page 40 to 50. They are all honest comments. Read are based on more of gut than logic. Don't hate me for that. It was quite entertaining. I detect lurking from Chronopie, Tasky... wait, never mind. Just read the list below. Its all there.

Town:
Fate
Knight of Cydonia
Parama
Antihero
chesskid3
Lady Lambdadelta

Null, to be scrutinized later:
Twomz
Nachomamma8

The leftovers, probably Mafia:
Chronopie
The Stove
Espeonage
smargaret
Tasky

Just noticed: toothless, why am I in the likely scum group? Agree with you on the last 5 lines though.
Kindness
The Stove
The Stove
Goon
The Stove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:45 am

Post by The Stove »

Oh wow. I've somehow gotten behind on this game. Hang on, catching up.
Tremble in fear. AGar and Zito are near.
The Stove
The Stove
Goon
The Stove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:03 am

Post by The Stove »

Ok.

Fate's arguments (re: what to do with votes etc) are 100%, completely correct. And it is sterling protown for him to try to edumacate the masses.

Now, those
resisting
the arguments aren't automagically scums tho; that's where Fate falls down a little bit.

Fate, I get what you're saying but remember this is all theory. Disagreeing based on theory != scumminess. Was some misrepping involved? Yeah a bit but it wasn't
pushed
amirite?
Fate wrote:Seriously Stove, re-read smarg's ISO.
Ok.

My problem tho is that smargaret is one of our townie reads (though it's not reaaaaally strong) and so I'd really rather we sort out the VIs/lurkers/etc and then go after that one lone scumplayer who's actually trying.
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Tasky. Chrono. Parama.

OMG <3 KoC.

Except Espeonage.
Fate wrote:Stove if she leaves her vote on me and goes V/LA, I'll have no choice but to get her lynched.

I hope you understand. She is incredibly obvscum.
Priorities dammit.
Fate wrote:Stove you're going to have to go over this town read with me REAL close and it better not contain any bullshit "interactions with scum" because I REFUSE to accept those as any more than circumstancial evidence.
I can't recall anything offhand that she's done that's been terribly townie. My read is more of a guttish thing, plus it's comparative.

You've seen the amount of stupid bullshit in this game, I'm sure you get where I'm going.
StrangerCoug wrote:Happy scumday Twomz!
+1

Charlie's like post is like Parama v2.
Tremble in fear. AGar and Zito are near.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”