Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by Zang »

Votecount-

CooLDoG - 1 - (Chronopie) (L-6)
Peanutman - 1 - (SnakePlissken) (L-6)
AntB - 1 - (Confidanon) (L-6)
Thestatusquo - 1 - (CooLDoG) (L-6)
EtherealCookie - 2 - (ragrhcpfreak, StrangerCoug) (L-5)
StrangerCoug - 2 - (EtherealCookie, Thestatusquo) (L-5)

Not Voting: Ghost Writer, ChannelDelibird, Peanutman, AntB

7 needed to lynch

Deadline is December 28 at 3:15 pm EST

Ghost Writer will be replaced
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by AntB »

@ConfidAnon
I have been told in the past that I am quite an unorthodox player.

An RVS vote outside RVS to me is useless unless its generating something. I didn't feel at the time it would help generate anything and I had no need to maintain it.
ConfidAnon wrote:I don't like how you have supported both sides of the issue in this post, either. Noncommittal stances are scummy.
I would say more calculated. If I was to commit currently I would probably vote for CooLDoG. However things may change
ConfidAnon wrote:Just out of curiosity, why did you ask that question to me, but not to other players who have not given their thoughts?
Your new in as a replacement from the outside so you would see the full picture instead of us inside who are more focused on certain people.
Even lurkers can develop tunnel vision...
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by AntB »

Thestatusquo wrote:
AntB wrote:@ StrangerCoug
Explain yourself. "Your Bugging Me" seems odd and scummy coming out of the blue like that, justification would be nice.
In mafia the word scummy has a specific meaning. It means "more likely to come from scum than from town." In what way does a player saying "your[sic] bugging me" "out of the blue" fit that descriptions?
Why would a townie just throw that up?

Oh your annoying me... how? why? when? are the first 3 things I would want to know. Leaving out that kind of information looks bad to me.
Show

G+
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Explain yourself. "Your Bugging Me" seems odd and scummy coming out of the blue like that, justification would be nice.
Asked and answered. See post #114.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:32 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

AntB wrote:
I would say more calculated.
If I was to commit currently I would probably vote for CooLDoG. However things may change
Exactly my point. Noncomittal stances are ways for scum to avoid locking themselves into an opinion. Sure, you can change your mind about it later, but a typical scum mindset is fearful to stir the water with anything, so they wouldn't want to put themselves out there if they thought they would have to retract. In other words, one could call it a calculated plan to stay in the graveyard.
AntB wrote:Your new in as a replacement from the outside so you would see the full picture instead of us inside who are more focused on certain people.
How would you know that when they weren't posting thoughts to begin with?

The fact that you only asked the newly replaced player (and heck, if I remember right, you didn't ask the other replacement) suggests that rather than a sincere effort at getting my opinions, it was an effort to gain faux-town points by appearing concerned and inquisitive.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:45 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

AntB wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:
In mafia the word scummy has a specific meaning. It means "more likely to come from scum than from town." In what way does a player saying "your[sic] bugging me" "out of the blue" fit that descriptions?
Why would a townie just throw that up?

Oh your annoying me... how? why? when? are the first 3 things I would want to know. Leaving out that kind of information looks bad to me.
You're leaving out the most important part. "Why is scum likely to do this?" Scummy doesn't mean "things you don't understand" or "things that annoy you." it means "things a scum playing is more likely to do than town." How does this fit the description? What are the scum motivations for doing it?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:48 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

ConfidAnon wrote:
AntB wrote:Your new in as a replacement from the outside so you would see the full picture instead of us inside who are more focused on certain people.
How would you know that when they weren't posting thoughts to begin with?

The fact that you only asked the newly replaced player (and heck, if I remember right, you didn't ask the other replacement) suggests that rather than a sincere effort at getting my opinions, it was an effort to gain faux-town points by appearing concerned and inquisitive.
This seems like vague tunneling to me. I don't see specific motivations to ask just one players their opinions for either town or scum players. If your logic holds that he was trying to appear concerned and inquisitive, without actually being concerned and inquisitive I don't see why that means he would ask only one player, and wouldn't have asked multiple players. I don't know why a townie would only ask the opinions of one player either, but I'm definitely not sold on your claim that he's scum because he did. I think the logic doesn't make sense.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:53 am

Post by AntB »

@CollidAnon
My reason for not asking ChannelDeliBird is simple.
ChannelDeliBird wrote:I might not be read up for a couple of days, in the process of catching up with a couple of other games right now,
He has yet to post.

My non-committal stance is also good to ensure I don't end up vote-hopping like a deranged frog. I have a few suspicions at the moment and I am unsure who I should push for.
You seem to say that voting is locking to an opinion, I have several opions and none I currently wish to "lock" to.
What's more scum like to you? Vote-Hopping or no vote with 17 days until the dead line? To me its vote-hopping. If we were closer the the deadline I would happily vote.
CollidAnon wrote:How would you know that when they weren't posting thoughts to begin with?
Because lurkers are in the inside and still build their own opinons and such as the game progresses. As such you could say we see the game in progress in parts, whereas you come in and get to see the game so far in whole.

@TSQ
What reason would a townie have for posting that? Scummy was probably the wrong word to use it seems. I have scummy defined basically as "Not something a townie generally would do", not "what scum is more likely to do than town". (Yes there is a difference)
---

I'm having trouble understanding StrangerCougs post... from what I can figure he is supporting CooLDoG's pursuit of getting TSQs establishment out of him...

And seeing as people are pressuring for votes
Show

G+
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:55 am

Post by AntB »

EBWODP:
And seeing as people are pressuring for votes... I shall restore my RVS VOTE: StrangerCoug
Show

G+
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:57 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Right, but I guess my question is if its simply "something you don't know why a townie would do it." and you cant think for a reason that scum would do it either, what is the value of pointing it out? Isn't it at best a null tell.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:47 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

AntB wrote:My non-committal stance is also good to ensure I don't end up vote-hopping like a deranged frog. I have a few suspicions at the moment and I am unsure who I should push for.
We're not here to rush you, but don't take longer than reasonable to decide on something.
AntB wrote:I'm having trouble understanding StrangerCougs post... from what I can figure he is supporting CooLDoG's pursuit of getting TSQs establishment out of him...
This is correct.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:01 am

Post by Zang »

InHimShallIBe replaces Ghost Writer
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:43 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Oh man. This player list just keeps getting better and better. :) Welcome Inhim.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:26 am

Post by AntB »

@TSQ:
Point taken and noted.

@CooLDoG and StrangerCoug:
Why push for TSQ to reveal his establishment so hard? CooLDoG states he has a power-role closely associated with his chain (My knowledge of American food chains in quite lacking) but as I have said before unless he is a Food Standards Agency equivalent I really can't see any way in which your joint could match your abilities unless its one which has been in the US news recently, which would put foreigners (like myself) at a possible disadvantage.
Show

G+
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

The thing that is bugging me is that cooldog has successfully derailed us from any meaningful discussion for several days. Think I should claim, think I shouldn't claim its irrelevant because I'm not going to. Since no one has been expressing a desire to vote me, I don't think the town has a desire to pressure me until I do so.

Let's move on and put some pressure on people. I should at the end of the day have done a reread and have a pretty good idea of who I'd like to see some votes on. Though I think I'm still pretty comfortable with my stranger coug vote.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:14 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

unvote, Vote CoolDog
pressure vote. Still not able to take everything in.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Clarify. By end of the day I meant RL today, and not the game day.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:22 am

Post by CooLDoG »

@AntB, I'm KFC, That’s Kentucky (shamefully my home state) Fried Chicken. They are famous for their
"Double Down" which has slabs of greasy chicken instead of bread. Totally unhealthy. Actually considered to be one of the most unhealthy places to eat in the U.S.A. Do a quick wikipedia and you will see what I mean. It does match my role pretty well.
Why is SC scummy? Voting for the sake of voting is not a good thing. And the equivalent of the "Food Standards Agency" is the FDA, Food and Drug admin.
As for why I'm making a big push for flavor, I have a simple answer. If his joint name matches his role as close as mine does, we should be able to see if his role is constant. And I'm willing to make an avatar bet that his fast food chain is pretty damning.

@snake, why vote if you still haven't "taken everything in"?

@TSQ, are you willing to make a 2-week avatar and sig bet on your fast-food chain being scummy? If it's townish you win and you select my avvy and sig for two weeks. If I win then you can select my avvy and sig for two weeks. Up for it?
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:23 am

Post by CooLDoG »

btw, I took finals/exams today, so if my spelling/grammar is bad blame my teachers.
after a wank.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

@TSQ, are you willing to make a 2-week avatar and sig bet on your fast-food chain being scummy? If it's townish you win and you select my avvy and sig for two weeks. If I win then you can select my avvy and sig for two weeks. Up for it?
Absolutely not. And I think to ask something like this is borderline cheating. Having someone make commitments OOG that make change how the game is played in game is underhanded at best. Let's keep games and discussion separate, kthx.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:42 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

All right. I'm not in support of TSQ revealing his establishment. As TSQ brought up, we don't know what scum can do with that sort of information, and we don't even know if CoolDog is pro-town power role or pro-scum. Even if CoolDog is town, everyone else can read this chat, and if the scum somehow have some special benefit from knowing what TSQ's establishment is, then we've potentially helped out scum, assuming TSQ himself isn't scum. Does it seem like a good trade off? Absolutely not. The odds are that scum'll benefit more than town'll benefit. So, CoolDog comes off scummy for pushing TSQ to reveal his establishment. Also, doesn't CoolDog realize he'll be killed for claiming a power role, which he has basically done by saying his role is connected to knowing what establishment the other person is? Of course he does. I don't see why he wouldn't. He shouldn't have even hinted at his power role if he was town. He claims he understands he is going to die, but would rather reveal one scum player and die than not do so at all. What possible suspicions does he even have of TSQ to think he's scummy to undertake such a risk? After all, he said he can't see scum claiming Miller so early on. Then he hints at a doctor saving him. Guess what? Now he's built up a backup for when he survives. "The doc saved me." So, the only explanation that he is scum; he has nothing to worry about. I think it's pretty clear right about now.
Unvote
Vote: CoolDog

My suspicions of AntB still exist, but they are nowhere as strong as they are about CoolDog.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:42 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

^
Unvote, Vote: CoolDog

Comma, in case I needed one.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by AntB »

@CooLDoG
The DoubleDown doesn't exist here in the UK, the nastiest thing we have I suppose would be a Big Daddy "burger". And if you had not claimed you were a power role I doubt anyone would have made much of a connection if you had just revealed KFC.
CooLDoG wrote:Why is SC scummy? Voting for the sake of voting is not a good thing
That was clarified and my vote is because apparently not voting is even worse than having an unmaintainable vote...

EtheralCookie++;
(+1 if your not savvy with scripting or programming)
UNVOTE: StrangerCoug
VOTE: CooLDoG
Stating your role is linked to KFC and DoubleDown is not a good thing, if you had just mentioned KFC then you may have been fine. Mentioning Double Down and "unhealthiest place in USA" was careless.
Show

G+
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Could someone please explain to me why we're voting cooldog? I'm getting an annoying bad town read from him. All the votes on him have been with little or no substance. This wagon screams misslynch.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Requesting flavor from our resident claimed Miller is atrocious.

Hi all, read it once for fun before I replaced, will read it again to find scumz.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”