Mini 1102 - Rivertown Mafia (Game Over!)

Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:25 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Too much smoke and bluster and tilting at windmills. none of this "oh x was random but y wasn't so THERE" stuff is of any use, in the absence of anything substantial I'm going to stick with my ortiz vote.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:47 pm

Post by el simo »

^ what he said
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

el simo wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:
el simo wrote:Do you want to explain that discrepancy or do you want to keep on being subtle and vague?
I believe you tried to make a "random" or jokey vote and you copped heat for it and are now trying to explain your way out of it.
Right., the heat you put on me by saying my random vote wasn't random was just too much to bare. Gotcha.
This is a good point. For some reason I thought it was more than just me.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:31 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Actually I take that back. Sorasgoof and ortiz talk about it on page 3, and umbrage on page 4.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:47 pm

Post by el simo »

Yeah you imitated it.
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Post by el simo »

Ugh not even sure what I was referring to when I said "initiated it."
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:29 am

Post by Umbrage »

1. When I vote, there are only two questions: do I find this person scummy, and does this scummyness warrant a vote? If yes, then I vote. Are you really saying that you decide that you want to vote before you decide who to vote for? That really doesn't make sense, outside of RVS. But that still doesn't make sense: you don't decide the aim of a vote after you decide to vote. We, as human beings, don't act without a reason. We don't perform an action randomly and make up a reason to do it later. That's just silly.

2. The thing that bothers me the most is how you are acting. The first question posed to you concerned why you voted on a bandwagon but said it was random. You could've just admitted you lied about it being random to get a bandwagon. That's more or less what you're saying now: that vote was to get a bandwagon going and lead us out of RVS. Which is fine. But you refused to admit that you lied, or made a mistake, or used ambiguous grammar, or whatever concerning the random part. Basically, you keep saying that this misunderstanding is ALL OUR FAULT and you are NOT TO BLAME AT ALL. Which is a total overreaction. The worst you could have been accused of is trying to end RVS early or using a poor choice of words, neither of which are proper tells. You seem VERY concerned with keeping your reputation in this game as clean as possible, which doesn't make sense unless you have something to hide.

3. So... you voted me when you thought I was on your case, and unvoted when you thought I was off? Can you get any OMGUS than that?
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:30 am

Post by Umbrage »

Shit on a stick, I realized a split second after I posted that that last sentence should read: "Can you get any more OMGUS than that?".
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:09 am

Post by chamber »

Thank you for verifying my read, Umbrage.
Taking a break from the site.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:39 am

Post by Olinea »

ThAdmiral wrote:
el simo wrote:Do you want to explain that discrepancy or do you want to keep on being subtle and vague?
I believe you tried to make a "random" or jokey vote and you copped heat for it and are now trying to explain your way out of it.
This looks like an admission that the vote was legitimately RVS without any reasoning and now people are attacking el simo for it.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:43 am

Post by chamber »

Olinea wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:
This looks like an admission that the vote was legitimately RVS without any reasoning and now people are attacking el simo for it.
And what conclusions do you draw from that observation?
Taking a break from the site.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:01 am

Post by diddin »

ortiz1193 wrote:
unvote

@el simo: I actually do understand what you're getting at now. It's pretty clear I misunderstood when I tried defending my point earlier - I wasn't trying to misrep you, which is what you voted me for.

Umbrage is scummy for pushing that, but he could still be misunderstanding like I was. Also holding my vote until everyone posts more.

MOD: Prod Furcolow
- he hasn't posted at all yet.
Gah I knew there was someone I was forgetting to prod.

Votecount in next post.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:06 am

Post by Umbrage »

Olinea wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:
It's the "trying to explain your way out of it" part that makes me think he's scum. Either he's totally bullshitting us, or he randomly decides to vote before he knows who to vote for or why.

@chamber: What the fuck do you mean I'm being noncommittal? I'm the most vocal person on this wagon. Just because I don't go "DIE SCUM DIE" every few seconds makes me noncommittal?

@ortiz: Why the sudden turnaround?
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:12 am

Post by Olinea »

chamber wrote:
Olinea wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:I believe you tried to make a "random" or jokey vote and you copped heat for it and are now trying to explain your way out of it.
And what conclusions do you draw from that observation?
It makes me think that Admiral is pushing a wagon that he knows is inflated.

I can't think of any scenario where I would lynch someone over a single vote.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:18 am

Post by diddin »

Votecount

ortiz1193 (2) Cyberbob, TheLonging
el simo (3) Umbrage, ThAdmiral, sorasgoof
ThAdmiral (0)
Furcolow (0)
Umbrage (1) chamber
chamber (0)
sorasgoof (0)
Nicodemus (0)
Olinea (1) ThirdKoopa,
Cyberbob (1) Olinea
Thirdkoopa (0)
TheLonging (0)
Not Voting (4) Furcolow, Nicodemus, ortiz1193, el simo

It is now day one. With 12 Alive, it takes 7 to lynch and 6 to no lynch. Deadline is Wednesday, January 5 at 10:41 AM Central Time.

Nicodemus has 24 hours to receive his prod before I replace him.
Furcolow has been prodded.
Thirdkoopa is due for a prod in about 20 minutes.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:57 am

Post by Furcolow »

hi
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:07 am

Post by diddin »

Prodding Thirdkoopa
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:09 am

Post by Umbrage »

Furcolow wrote:hi
Either play this game or replace out, you useless waste of space.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:13 am

Post by diddin »

Umbrage wrote:
Furcolow wrote:hi
Either play this game or replace out, you useless waste of space.
...And that's strike one for Umbrage for violating rule 4 under Behavior. No personal attacks, please.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:20 am

Post by Furcolow »

vote: ortiz
without even reading the game
1) i know el simo and can hold him accountable after i read
2) i dislike the first two players on his wagon for being scummy (umbrage, theadmiral)
3) i guess i missed the rvs? so this is me making up for it!

if you all want to lynch me, that's fine, i'm probably over-stretching myself in terms of game-commitment atm
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Umbrage »

Furcolow wrote:
vote: ortiz
without even reading the game
1) i know el simo and can hold him accountable after i read
2) i dislike the first two players on his wagon for being scummy (umbrage, theadmiral)
3) i guess i missed the rvs? so this is me making up for it!

if you all want to lynch me, that's fine, i'm probably over-stretching myself in terms of game-commitment atm
Oh goodie, we found el simo's scumbuddy.

But observe his impeccable logic. He dislikes me because I'm 'scummy'. Oh well, you'd better lynch me then!
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Furcolow »

listen to yourself.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:11 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Olinea wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:
If he had admitted straight up it was a joke vote or a vote specifically to push the bandwagon I wouldn't have stayed on his case. He didn't.
Olinea wrote:I can't think of any scenario where I would lynch someone over a single vote.
This is a serious misrepresentation of the situation. It is the response to being pressured about that vote more than anything else.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:48 am

Post by el simo »

Umbrage wrote:1. When I vote, there are only two questions: do I find this person scummy, and does this scummyness warrant a vote? If yes, then I vote. Are you really saying that you decide that you want to vote before you decide who to vote for? That really doesn't make sense, outside of RVS. But that still doesn't make sense: you don't decide the aim of a vote after you decide to vote. We, as human beings, don't act without a reason. We don't perform an action randomly and make up a reason to do it later. That's just silly.

2. The thing that bothers me the most is how you are acting. The first question posed to you concerned why you voted on a bandwagon but said it was random. You could've just admitted you lied about it being random to get a bandwagon. That's more or less what you're saying now: that vote was to get a bandwagon going and lead us out of RVS. Which is fine. But you refused to admit that you lied, or made a mistake, or used ambiguous grammar, or whatever concerning the random part. Basically, you keep saying that this misunderstanding is ALL OUR FAULT and you are NOT TO BLAME AT ALL. Which is a total overreaction. The worst you could have been accused of is trying to end RVS early or using a poor choice of words, neither of which are proper tells. You seem VERY concerned with keeping your reputation in this game as clean as possible, which doesn't make sense unless you have something to hide.

3. So... you voted me when you thought I was on your case, and unvoted when you thought I was off? Can you get any OMGUS than that?
1. Umbrage there are those two questions but that doesn't take out the three decisions you make while you vote. No matter how you do it you still have to decide if you are going to vote, who you are going to vote and how serious it is, I'll give you that order doesn't matter, but you still make those three decisions. There is no skipping it. It doesn't make sense that vote someone you want to lynch with out having decided who it is, you don't target someone you find very suspicious with out deciding whether he warrants a vote or not. These decisions have to be there otherwise it doesn't make sense. At best you can skip the seriousness of it but that isn't recommended for good town play.

2. I'm over reacting? I'm being wagoned (or was) because you claimed my vote wasn't random, despite it being so. You understand from my point of view, you're the one over reacting? You want to lynch me because you think my random vote wasn't random? Good luck with that.

3. No I voted you when I thought you were purposely taking my quotes out of context to show me in a scummy manner, I unvoted you when I realized you were claiming not to understand what I was saying. <- Not OMGUS.

As for Furcolow, I was waiting for this. I IC'd him in a newbie game and defended him to my death. Read it here. I actually suggest the read, otherwise very shortly you will all be pushing Furcolows wagon and I'll end up dying because of it.
ThAdmiral wrote:If he had admitted straight up it was a joke vote or a vote specifically to push the bandwagon I wouldn't have stayed on his case. He didn't.
But I did. I just maintained that I wasn't lying when I was accused of doing so. You would do the same if you were falsely accused.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:51 am

Post by el simo »

Umbrage and Admiral are still ignoring my questions. I don't ask them because I have nothing else to do. I want answers please.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”