Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

implosion wrote:For people that are saying me hammering someone will prove I'm the treestump, the voteless part really isn't up for discussion...
VOTE: AntB
VOTE: themanhimself
VOTE: diddin
Etc etc. None of those will appear on the vote board. The part that people are skeptical about is the unlynchable part. I mean, I'm willing to fakehammer someone, but I don't see what it'll accomplish.
You didn't really had to do that since we know that your RVS vote didn't count...

Also, hey Lateralus22!
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:50 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

I lied, I decided to catch up now. Note, votes are way too spread it. Majority of the game feels like it's drifted off purely into how we're dealiong with the cycle actions so I'd like for some competing wagons to form.
WrathChild wrote: Now there is talk of Day-Vigging me. That's a bit hastey. I guess I'll address the Scumday thing. I saw that Diddin (I think that was who, I'll double check) had put up a lame pointless vote on me (for Unvoting a RVS Vote) and figured he was baiting me into OMGUS voting him to drive his case further. I wasn't going to let him have that satisfaction, so I just refrained from voting him at the moment. I think it was Diddin trying to fish around for someone's overreaction. Normally I'd take that as a Null-Tell, but when trying to get "The New Guy" with this seems to tip the scales a bit on the scummy side.

Now that I've explained the Scumday comment, I also find Parama's attack on me rather scummy and baseless for the most part. Take a minute and look at his attack, "Oh Well Muh was town... Let's get the real scum! VOTE: Wrath" followed by the scumday case, which basically states, "Come on guys! Don't you see it? Scum like to do things like that!"
Doesn't feel genuine at all. Here's the thing, Wrath is spending more time on how others see him rather than hunting down scum. The town motivation would be to go after diddin right off the bat because that's who he suspects, but instead he let him off the hook based on a weak reason (It's his scum Day). Course once questioned upon he tried to paint didden as some major villain out to get newbies with the whole baiting me into overreacting nonsense.

Vote: WrathChild

Alternately Wrath & Helghast are fantastic vig candidates for the day.

Need more content from several people, and I seriously want to see more votes placed down.

Can I have the top three suspects from each of the following people please,

{Helghast, WrathChild, themanhimself, Narsis, Nero Cain, Parama}
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Hello RC, could you give me your top three as well? Also do you feel as strongly about didden scum as you did earlier?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:43 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Saint 292 wrote:I'd like to see a list of people you find scummy.
diddin would probably top the list at the moment, followed closely by Helghast. If I had to pick a couple more, EC and Longing both seem a little off. I'm not really prepared to make a case on either of these guys, but I could join either of these wagons.

---
AntB 293 wrote:Just going with the flavour, but I'll vote "normal" if its going to bug people that much.
Well, I don't want this to sound rolefishing-ish, but I was kind of curious if you had to vote using IDs or if you were just doing it for fun. If you are just doing it for fun, do you mind putting the name next to the ID as a personal favor to me?

---
pops 299 wrote:I get the feeling you're one of those fellows that extensively uses the preview button with every alignment, making every alignment hard to read.
I do that more to keep my spelling and grammar in check (usually unsuccessfully), but, to respond to your previous comment without being cute, I'm just analyzing the situation as best I can. I hope you'll find, as the game progresses, that I end up seeming more town to you than not (or, better still, more town than unreadable).

---
implosion 302 wrote:Unreadability is okay when you're town? I'll have to remember that next time I'm scum :cool:.
Well, I don't know. I honestly don't try to be unreadable. I try to act as unemotional as possible when playing, regardless of alignment. pops and I have played together a few times though, and he's brought this issue up before.

In either case, I wouldn't necessarily take a page from my book, implosion. I don't have a very impressive record.

---
AntB 308 wrote:Did you read why I voted for Narsis?
He bandwagon-voted EC without a single mention of EC in any of his posts. Hardly gut feeling. In fact, he did pretty much the same as Saint has done to me but actually placed his vote.
I just looked back at this, and AntB is right. diddin kind of inflated his attack against AntB for no real reason. This is something anyone could easily go back and check on.

---
pops 318 wrote:Red, are you going to stand by a statement that Helghast is as anti-town as it gets? There have been numerous other players with many more posts, many chances to say anti-town things that don't rub you right. Is the 60 second iso really as evil as it gets for you?
A couple of things. First, I would not classify Helghast as "anti-town as it gets". That's needlessly exaggerating my case. I don't think he's acting particularly townie, but I'm not about to inflate this to some sort of obvious choice. Second, and partially because of what I just said, I'm willing to admit he's on the lurker side of the spectrum. I don't think that makes any of my points any less valid though. Just because he has less activity doesn't mean that he shouldn't have casted a vote. It certainly doesn't make his approach to Parama any better in my eyes either. It should also be noted that there are a good 5 or 6 players with less posts than Helghast here, but I'm not trying to hide the fact that Helghast has less activity. I think if he had double the activity in the same vein of what he's already shown us, I'd still be on his case.

---
Lateralus 327 wrote:Hello RC, could you give me your top three as well? Also do you feel as strongly about didden scum as you did earlier?
Hey, Lateralus. I'm glad I get to play with you. :D

Top three would probably be diddin, Helghast, and either EC or you, unfortunately, at third. Yes, I do feel as strongly about diddin scum. Nothing he's really said has changed my perspective of him so far. If he takes care to use his power wisely, then I think that may buy him some creditability, but we'll see what else happens in the mean time.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:31 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Right Hello all, Ive just swapped in and after a Christmas V/LA im now in the thread, I haven't had a chance to read anything other than my role PM so you are going to have to bear with me on these 14 or so pages. If anyone has any questions I will try and answer them, but please do not expect an immeadiate answer.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:11 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

oh what the fuck?
The Eruci wrote:[*]Any personal communication outside of the game thread, unless clearly specified in your role PM, is
strictly prohibited.
got a PM from someone in the game...letting mod handle it.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:13 am

I didnt read the thread before posting..yeah....he did send me a message..and YES it does break the rules.
AntB wrote:He asked for a game I had completed, he has been PMd in response. I can copy in here if needed.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:15 am

going to post the PM here...
AntB wrote:Subject: Cyclic Experimentation Set x01 - [Day One]
curiouskarmadog wrote:AntB, can you please provide me a link of a completed game that you were in....
Meta is over-rated. Also, I don't have one. which the mod seemed to have missed.
If you want meta badly, the other games I'm in are available on my wiki page.
I am unorthodox, I am highly scummy because of it. or so I'm told.

I really need to find that game I kicked ass as scum... circular reasoning ftw...
there is a reason I asked for a game..more info to follow...also NEVER PM someone outside of the game.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:38 am

Post by The Eruci »

The platforms jolted to a stop.

"YU9876414 - exit your terminal."

"As per procedural code Section 1.Subsection §5 you have violated the integrity of the simulation."

"The Judges do not look kindly upon you."

AntB,
Eruci
altered to
Neutral Survivor
, executed by The Judges Day 1.

Day One Continues.
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:39 am

Post by The Eruci »

:: VoteCount 1x5 ::

LynchMePls (0) -

RedCoyote (0) -

MagnaOfIllusion (0) -

themanhimself (0) -

Lateralus22 (0) -

WrathChild (2) -
Parama, Lateralus22

curiouskarmadog (1) -
Nero Cain

Helghast (1) -
RedCoyote

quadz08 (0) -

chkflip (0) -

Nero Cain (0) -

Narsis (1) -
Saint

q21 (0) -

diddin (0) -

popsofctown (0) -

SnakePlissken (0) -

I Am Innocent (0) -

UnofficialRulerOfEveryone (0) -

Parama (1) -
EtherealCookie

Implosion (0) -

EtherealCookie (2) -
Narsis, I Am Innocent

Saint (0) -

Not Voting (14) -
LynchMePls, Helghast, implosion, SnakePlissken, UnofficialRulerOfEveryone, WrathChild, quadz08, chkflip, MagnaOfIllusion, q21, themanhimself, curiouskarmadog, popsofctown, diddin, Powerrox93

With 23 Alive, it takes 12 to lynch.
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:42 am

Post by AntB »

Well I still don't believe it contained any game relevant content.

I don't like modkills, so I'll replace out if people want me to or Eruci can replace me.

P-Edit:
Too Late, my bad. Will monitor anyway.
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

Wow. I thought you PM'ed him nothing but a hyperlink, thinking they were illegal in the thread or something. That was a PM full of game relevant information.

Anyhow, stop posting. you're dead

mod, I actually can probably figure out the rest of this game without AntBs original alignment, but can we find out what cycling power died with him? I feel like concealing that info gives more advantage to the scum faction than the town one, since they have more info about the available powers than we do.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:06 am

Post by popsofctown »

ebwop, the mod said he was a townie. I got confused by the town alignment being named after the mod :S
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

ebwop, maybe he didn't have a power.

I'm dumb today.

I'm gonna go drink a six pack of coke and see what that does for me.
"Well, I..."
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:08 am

Post by Powerrox93 »

popsofctown wrote:..., but can we find out what cycling power died with him? I feel like concealing that info gives more advantage to the scum faction than the town one, since they have more info about the available powers than we do.
^This^
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

quadz08 wrote:Nero Cain's ISO:

1st post:
RVS

2nd post:
Nero Cain wrote:Diddin's "catch" of WraithChild is horrible.
Already been pointed out at least once.
Nero Cain wrote:If Prama was town then I find it hard to believe that town ALSO has a daykill and him asking if its ok if he shot WC seems pretty fishy.
First half says "I don't understand what was clearly explained in the rules" and the second half says "this pro-town behavior is fishy."
Nero Cain wrote:So is Prama scum or is Diddin scum? Or are they both town?
Pointless unanswerable question.
Nero Cain wrote:I myself get major scum vibes from CKD.

unvote;vote:CKD
Vote with basically no explanation.

3rd post:
Basic explanation of vote after being questioned on it, followed by an affirmation of pop's point.

4th post:
"I don't think I'm an alt..." in response to a question.

5th post:
OMGUS response to me.

So, care to explain how your posts aren't fluff again?
I fully admit that 'cause of the mechanic things are diffrent than I'm used to...which is why I signed up for this game in the first place. You can paint my posts however you want but look at things from my point of view. We stated with two (maybe more) kills. If the virus and daykill are whipedout then...idk it seems like the game could be unbalanced without a mafia kill and he's said some pretty questionable things about it (the kill).

I agree that Diddin democratically using the daykill is pro-townish but we know that pro-town play ≠ pro-town role.
As far as my question goes...thats kind of the whole point of the game dude. Sans a powa role no one has definite information on who is scum/not scum therefore we must ask ourselves who is scum and why. Mafia is a team game and its important that the town tries to get on the same page. So how is my question @ the town anti-town but Diddin's is pro-town?

I really like how you blast me for the vote with no reason when Narsis did the same thing in is ISO #5 yet I'm scummy and he's not.
If you want to call it an OMGUS to make you feel better then feel free but I disagree that I'm posting fluff. Apparently you think answering a question is a fluff post so I'll let you have that one yet only my fluff is scummy.

I think Innocent had a good point about Quadz in 244 and I was disappointed that he didn't feel it warranted an explanation.
q21 wrote:The tree stump role needs to be gotten rid of, of this there can be no doubt. We can't lynch it. We can't rely an any plan to kill it overnight on the basis of a doc/roleblocker/redirector/etc and the fact that we don't even know if there is a town controlled nightkill. I think that we need to take care of it while we have a dayvig and we know where the stump role is because tomorrow (or some other day in the future) we may no longer have a dayvig and might for some reason be unable to find the tree stump. I therefore support diddin killing implosion for all that I don't particularly think that implosion himself is scum.
The fact that its essentially a voteless role
IS
a bummer and would deff be harmful to the town in end game but unkillable could be useful. So advocating getting rid of a role that couldn't be killed doesn't seem exactly pro-town to me.

++++assuming that implosion is telling the truth he's unkillable therefore Diddin's kill would not work. You JUST got done blastin' TMM for wanting a "no lynch" but you want a "no kill".
curiouskarmadog wrote:what exactly is your definition of fluff?...also why do you think it is scummy that I didnt vote Prama but did vote Diddin?...do you know something I dont...also you are misrepresenting me here why?.. Did I vote Diddin before his "claim" or after?
You're totally right. You voted him before he claimed. So my bad. But still your posting fluff.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Helghast
Helghast
Townie
Helghast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:16 am

Post by Helghast »

RedCoyote wrote:
chkflip 176 wrote: I'm going to go back to my
vote: Helghast
. I think this is a good lynch for today, and I don't think any other wagon (sans possibly EC) is really gaining any steam. He starts off by asking Parama to expand on his ability. Frankly, it reads more defensive than anything else to me. If it's not defensive then I read it as somewhat of a silly question anyways. Later he kind of drops the Parama situation altogether, which was a weird transition for a player who had, until that point, been focused 100% on Parama's ability. The rest of his posts have mostly been one liners that have given us nothing to go on. He hasn't voted, he hasn't "FoS'd" anyone, and he hasn't really given us any decent reads at all. He's just drifting by unaccounted for. Bottom line, when I read Helghast's posts I don't see them as a townie who is genuinely trying to scumhunt.
I asked because I didn't know what it was since I've never heard of it before, and I dropped it since all was explained in later posts. I dont constantly vote, I dont see the need for it and I keep all the FOS in my head, I only vote until I see hard evidence against someone.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

++++I disagree with Quadz that he's unable to question Naris 'cause he's on V/LA. You can ASK you just wont get an answear till he comes back this way we can tell if he's reading/paying attention to the game.
Lateralus22 wrote: Can I have the top three suspects from each of the following people please,
Quadz, Q21, Implosion , Helghast, Narsis :)
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

*FLUFF POST*

Spoiler:
Why do people ask for links when all they gotta do is click the name and then click "view thier threads"

Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Helghast wrote:I asked because I didn't know what it was since I've never heard of it before, and I dropped it since all was explained in later posts. I dont constantly vote, I dont see the need for it and I keep all the FOS in my head, I only vote until I see hard evidence against someone.
Well hello. Here's the thing, you haven't presented any evidence at all, you've made little to no effort to find scum. You have however coasted along like a good little scum. Convince me you're town, show me who's scum instead of ignoring my question. k thnx.

Unvote;
Vote: Helghast
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:32 am

Post by diddin »

Gonna go back to my old
Vote: WrathChild
. Lateralus presents a good case on him as well as what I brought up before. He's also started lurking...
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Parama »

Diddin, shoot WrathChild.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:49 am

Post by themanhimself »

Alright, AntB was town so I checked who's voted him and it's been CKD and powerrox so I'm gonna read them both in ISO and post my thoughts.
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:06 am

Post by diddin »

Parama wrote:Diddin, shoot WrathChild.
If I get a few more people to agree on this I most definitely will.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:07 am