Mini 1105: A Mafia Invasion! (Game Over)

pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Ellibereth wrote:Gut still says Jerbbbbs is town.
But what the hell: intention to hammer claim yaddiyaddiyaddiyaddi...

Am I the only one that thinks Rosswilliam almost basically has to be scum now given that Agar just proved that he was lying...? I only searched for a little bit through the D names but I don't see which ones that he could have confused with Dizzle that would have been logged on and showing it...

qethqethqeth
Unvote, Vote Ross

jerby, still claim. Unless these people suddenly decide to become my mindpuppets and change wagons.
this is probably the scummiest thing i have seen all game. 'what the hell' is no reason to unvote someone you suspect is scum, especially when they are at l-1 and people have requested a claim. my guess is ellibereth forgot his vote was on jerbs and then realized he was about to get lynched if he didnt unvote. i would say these two are scumbuddies. telling jerbs to claim after unvoting him is absurd, the whole idea of claiming is to avoid getting lynched, and when pressure is taken off there is inevitably a reduced chance of actually getting a claim. jerbs + ellibereth = scum.

and trying to figure out why agar was killed is futile. there is no point in going into that topic as there is no way to know what the person who killed him was thinking. there are so many possibilities as to who killed him and why that it is just a waste of time and nothing will be gleaned from it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
LlamaGod
LlamaGod
Townie
LlamaGod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by LlamaGod »

As far as percentage plays are concerned, I think the fact that Jerbs is significantly more likely than any other player to be mafia, is the most informative lynch, and is probably not useful even if town (scum could just NK jerbstown since cop/doc/dayvig seems really unlikely without a scum roleblocker or similar) mean we should lynch him today.
LlamaGod
LlamaGod
Townie
LlamaGod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by LlamaGod »

pappums rat wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:Gut still says Jerbbbbs is town.
But what the hell: intention to hammer claim yaddiyaddiyaddiyaddi...

Am I the only one that thinks Rosswilliam almost basically has to be scum now given that Agar just proved that he was lying...? I only searched for a little bit through the D names but I don't see which ones that he could have confused with Dizzle that would have been logged on and showing it...

qethqethqeth
Unvote, Vote Ross

jerby, still claim. Unless these people suddenly decide to become my mindpuppets and change wagons.
this is probably the scummiest thing i have seen all game. 'what the hell' is no reason to unvote someone you suspect is scum, especially when they are at l-1 and people have requested a claim. my guess is ellibereth forgot his vote was on jerbs and then realized he was about to get lynched if he didnt unvote. i would say these two are scumbuddies. telling jerbs to claim after unvoting him is absurd, the whole idea of claiming is to avoid getting lynched, and when pressure is taken off there is inevitably a reduced chance of actually getting a claim. jerbs + ellibereth = scum.

and trying to figure out why agar was killed is futile. there is no point in going into that topic as there is no way to know what the person who killed him was thinking. there are so many possibilities as to who killed him and why that it is just a waste of time and nothing will be gleaned from it.
Uh, he unvoted Zdenek.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by pappums rat »

welp.

unvoting right after saying that made me think he was unvoting jerbs. he didnt say anything about zdenek in that post.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:51 pm

Post by Rain »

I call BS on Jerbs' cop claim. Lynch please.
All cats die. Socrates died. Therefore, Socrates was a cat.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by Tasky »

I don't believe the claim, jerbs needs to die.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:22 pm

Post by Vigilante Ventriloquist »

Sorry for not posting the past couple days. Looks like a lot happened in that time.

To comment on the two most important things:

Not sure a daykill on the leading wagon would be a particularly smart move by either team. This being said, I doubt scum would have any sort of ability that would allow them to kill during the day and, if they did, I doubt it would be more than one shot. Using one-shot scum daykill day 1 on leading wagon = terrible idea. I don't think the kill came from scum.

I'm not buying the cop claim either. It's too common and easy of a scum claim, but not super common in practice as a town role due to the overvaluing of cops on this site. Especially this close to deadline, no way we should let a cop claim save him.
Vote: Jerbs
. Not sure if that was the hammer or not, but I don't really mind if it is.
"I WANNA lynch Vigilante Ventriloquist for being annoying enough to be a Reaper Charlie alt" -GreyICE

"Vig, go die in a hole now Please before I kill you myself." -The Acting Method
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Vigilante Ventriloquist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:24 pm

Post by Vigilante Ventriloquist »

To add to the cop point (not that it's too important, but I may as well say it anyway), the fact that we have masons makes a town cop considerably less likely. For balancing purposes, masons are generally said to be roughly equal to a cop and are generally used as an alternative to the cop for giving town power.
"I WANNA lynch Vigilante Ventriloquist for being annoying enough to be a Reaper Charlie alt" -GreyICE

"Vig, go die in a hole now Please before I kill you myself." -The Acting Method
LlamaGod
LlamaGod
Townie
LlamaGod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:01 pm

Post by LlamaGod »

Excellent. If Jerbs flips scum and I wake up dead tomorrow look very closely at Zdenek/Rob as potential buddies.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:12 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

VV was the hammer, the day is over, right? Unless I miscounted. Gosh I don't think Jerbs is scum, I really don't think he was scum. Maybe it's WIFOM, but if the scum killed AGar than I feel like killing Jerbs is playing right into their games. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:39 pm

Post by RobCapone »

LlamaGod wrote:
RobCapone wrote:damn I hate when there is any sort of weather condition because my DSL takes a crap, not going to be able to do the readthrough that I wanted on my phone but I am going back to my earlier vote

That last post by Jerbs has me scratching my head

FOS: Jerbs

Vote Agar

I had thought you might be town for thinking Tasky's statement made him town, but now you want to lynch Tasky or Pappums instead of Jerbs? These are the same people Jerbs is pushing. And until just now I don't see Pappums suspicion from Rob.

So that means a Rob/Zdenek/Jerbs scumteam would make immense sense to me.
Yes I want to lynch people that are not helping town and they aren't. I think Jerbs could be scum as I already said
Goodbye Mafiascum, you guys too serious for me.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:42 pm

Post by RobCapone »

LlamaGod wrote:Excellent. If Jerbs flips scum and I wake up dead tomorrow look very closely at Zdenek/Rob as potential buddies.
if he flips scum I am looking at the possible bussing attempt by VP, VP had not cast hardly any suspicion on him all game and than votes to put him at L-1 based off a huge wall of speculation he did.

but we will see what happens.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Rob wrote:ok now so a lot has happened today since I last checked in, just reading through the one thing that stood out in my mind is VP was pushing hard for an Agar lynch, even asking Jerbs his thoughts on Agar at one point, Agar gets killed and flips mason and than has a 180 and acts like the Agar kill was the stupidest thing ever(really? you were pushing for his lynch VO) and now he thinks this was a scum plot that backfired and Jerbs is scum.
I'm not saying lynching Agar would have been stupid...killing him at L-3 is. I'm not speaking in complex terms here. Killing a player without a roleclaim is stupid. I shouldn't have to keep explaining this to you.

Also, fuck off with your chaining lynches together. This is why I get tired of playing with noobs that go 'oh man, regardless of what this guy flips tomorrow, you're going to look bad'. First, you don't know what he's going to flip and second, that's not how you play this game effectively. Stop doing it.

Waiting on Zach.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:48 am

Post by RobCapone »

Sorry if you don't like my opinion, that's honestly how I feel and you play differently than I do

Take a chill pill
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:57 am

Post by VP Baltar »

no.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:13 am

Post by RobCapone »

And I agree the kill was stupid, I was just commenting on your overreaction to it
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:20 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Final vote count of day 1:

Jerbs - 7 (Tasky, Rain, Llamagod, Guderian, Pappums rat, VP Baltar, Vigilante Ventrioquist)
Pappums rat - 1 (Jerbs)
Zdenek - 1 (Ellibereth)

Not voting: 1 (Rosswilliam, Zdenek, Robcapone)

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch

Day 1 will end no later than Friday Jan 14th at 3pm CST

As the day comes to a close, you decide to have a good ol fashioned hanging at Jerbs' expense. All goes off without a hitch until you find a gun and a piece of paper. Uh oh... looks like you guys killed the cop.

... BUT WAIT, that piece of paper wasn't his leads on some investigations, it was titled: "Conquering a town of weaklings" by teh scums. So... seems that the decision wasn't really a bad one after all. Whew.

Jerbs
(Mafia Goon)
lynched day 1

Night 1 begins. Deadline for night actions is 72 hours from this post.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Zachrulez »

A long night comes to an end, but one of you ends up taking a nap for good. VP is found shot dead in his bed, setting the tone for the days to come. The next time you go to bed, you may not come out of bed alive...

VP Baltar
(Vanilla Townie)
killed night 1

Not Voting: (Robcapone, Rain, Guderian, Llamagod, Tasky, Rosswilliam, Zdenek, Vigilante Ventriloquist, Ellibereth, Pappums rat)

With 10 alive it's 6 to lynch

Deadline for Day 2 is Sunday, January 30th at 5pm CST
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:21 am

Post by Tasky »

VOTE: RobCapone
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:52 am

Post by RobCapone »

well there goes my theory that VP was bussing his partner.

Vote pappums
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:53 am

Post by Zdenek »

I want to lynch LlamaGod today.

- LlamaGod random votes, and then does nothing until he points out that Ross is at L-1, and he does this again a few posts later. I often find this sort of pro-town act coming from scum.

- LlamaGod, votes Jerbs for making an overly logical post. I agree that this is a scum-tell, but he makes a pretty good case against Agar too, see his ISO 9.

- I know there is a good chance this isn't a big deal, but in his ISO 9 he says,
Llama wrote: The following looks like lining up an RW mislynch for after a Dizzle mislynch.
This is a possible scum slip; how does he know they are both mislynches?

Notice that he calls for the lynching of Agar or Jerbs in his ISOs 9 through 12. Bussing a scum buddy, while pushing a townie lynch is a common scum tactic.

Then there was the daykill, and Agar flipped town.

I think Llama'd painted himself into a corner after Agar's flip. Considering the time left, it was unlikely that anyone other than Jerbs could have been lynched, so LlamaGod decided to bus Jerbs harder.

He says in ISO 14:
Llama wrote: Zdenek is looking rather obviously like Jerbsbuddy #1.
He didn't mention Jerbs when catching up despite Jerbs being more important than most topics.
He was on Agar's wagon, which looked like a counterwagon to protect Jerbs.
Now he and Jerbs are both trying to use the pretty much ridiculous suggestion that scum were responsible for the daykill to protect Jerbs.
Point one, LlamaGod was pushing hard for the Agar' wagon, but as soon as its convenient, it becomes a counter-wagon to protect Jerbs. This is an incredibly convenient change of heart over a wagon that he was pushing.

Secondly, I never said that scum were responsible for the daykill, and when I called Llama out on this, he ignored me, and continued to try to line up my lynch for today. If he didn't read my post, he's scummy for not trying to figure out players alignments and if he read it but ignored it, he's scummy for not being honest about the arguments he's using.

Finally he makes it clear that he wants Jerbs to claim, asking him to in two posts in a row, I see this as possibly in game communication between scum buddies.

Vote LlamaGod
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by RobCapone »

ok now i have had a through read-through this night phase I can finally get my case together that I wanted to make on Pappums

1. he seems to want to establish town cred so he follows Tasky's advice and changes his vote

2. when Jerb's FOS'd me pappums follows it up by saying he FOS's me also. He also says that the current discussion isn't going to tell us anything which seems to me like somebody in that conversation is scum and he wants to deflect to somebody else, no to mention he had just gone over 2 days without posting anything himself (after being called out for his vote switch mind you) so pot:kettle for the inactivity. The going inactive is a classic scum trick to go get the attention off of you

3. he votes Ross and says it is mainly "gut" and using the whole reaction to tasky's questions to start (notice yet again he is following Jerbs, he followed Jerb's FOS and follows Jerb's Vote)

4. un-votes and puts mute at L-2 and basically just regurgitates what had already been mentioned

5. unvotes mute/rain but he seems reluctant to

6. right after I say elleran is indecisive, pappums chimes in with his own comment about elleran being weird

7. tries to explain his votes but isn't convincing enough to me

8. votes Ross right after Jerb's votes him (noticing a pattern here)

9. right after I FOS Jerbs because his post was scummy, I vote Agar and than pappums throws it out there that Jerbs or Agar is probably scum but says we should lynch Ross

10 . he than decides to turn on Jerbs and puts him at L-2

He basically does everything jerbs does in day 1 and than turns on him when he realizes that his buddy is going to get lynched.

I am confident on my vote for pappums, he definitely fits the bill
LlamaGod
LlamaGod
Townie
LlamaGod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by LlamaGod »

Pappums is somewhat scummy and I will look more closely at that, but I really like this situation:
After I have demanded an Agar or Jerbs lynch, several people show up to vote Agar to ensure it is he and not Jerbs who will be lynched. This is what I mean when I say Agar looks like a counterwagon; I created a situation where it was extremely likely one of two players would be lynched, one of whom was scum. This heavily incentivized the Jerbsbuddies to get on the other wagon. This is a primary reason I find it extremely likely one or both of Rob/Zdenek is scum.

Zachrulez wrote:
11th vote count of day 1:

AGar - 4 (VP Baltar, Zdenek, Jerbs, Robcapone)
Jerbs - 3 (Tasky, Rain, Llamagod)
Zdenek - 2 (Guderian, Ellibereth)
Rosswilliam - 2 (AGar, Pappums rat)
Pappums rat - 1 (Vigilante Ventrioquist)

Not voting: 1 (Rosswilliam)

With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch

Zdenek's case against me appears to be that I did pro town stuff I do whenever the situation calls for it, noticed the situation above, and said the following (Now presented for your viewing pleasure With More Context!!)
LlamaGod wrote:Starting to feel a Jerbs/Agar/?? scumteam.
Explanation:
The following looks like lining up an RW mislynch for after a Dizzle mislynch.
AGar wrote:Another note - I'm not liking the whole RW "I saw Dizzle online!" thing right now. It feels like there's a major inconsistency here, and it's pushing me towards a scummier read on RossWilliams, more solidified if Dizzle is to flip town.
I thought Agar was more likely to be scum because he was trying to say one player's town flip would make another scummier, which is an ideal way for scum to line up two mislynches.

I also read that post you made, and I'll quote it here for you.
Zdenek wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:If the scum had an ability to kill the leading wagon and thought it would end the day.
Under the assumption that this was a scum killing, which I think is unlikely in the first place, I think it is much more likely that scum killed Agar to ensure a Jerbs' lynch (since he was the competing wagon at the time), than the scum didn't understand their role and killed Agar to try to save Jerbs.
So you say if scum were responsible for Agar's killing then Jerbs is probably not scum. Therefore you are using VP's reasoning to protect Jerbs, which is what I said.

LlamaGod wrote:Zdenek is looking rather obviously like Jerbsbuddy #1.
He didn't mention Jerbs when catching up despite Jerbs being more important than most topics.
He was on Agar's wagon, which looked like a counterwagon to protect Jerbs.
Now he and Jerbs are both trying to use the pretty much ridiculous suggestion that scum were responsible for the daykill to protect Jerbs.
I didn't mention everything in my catchup post. In my read through, I didn't find too much remarkable about Jerbs. I have in my notes that he made a useless post and a post that seemed too logical.

I have never suggested that scum used the day-kill to protect Jerbs. In fact, I was actively questioning VP about this suggestion.
You are confused. I am not saying this. I am saying YOU are using "the suggestion of scum responsibility" to protect Jerbs. Clear?
Finally, I said to be suspicious of Rob/Zdenek if I died last night. I suppose it's planning future lynches, but it's because I think Jerbscum makes Zdenek or Rob very likely to be scum and I wanted to make sure people knew my insights in case I died. That was my motivation.

Lots of reading to do given the two flips before I update scumreads. Expect that tomorrow or Tuesday.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:35 am

Post by RobCapone »

the problem with that is I had found Agar suspicious early on in the day and had even voted him after he placed an opportunistic vote on Mute.

when given the choice of a Agar or Jerbs lynch I went with Agar because

1. I had already called out him out earlier for not reading the thread and putting an opportunistic vote on Mute. He also was still trying to get Mute lynched when it was obvious mute was getting replaced.

2. Nobody made a convincing case on Jerbs, you can go back and look at my history and I do not normally just vote for somebody without a valid reason and I still don't see one even after his lynch and I know he is scum, he had me fooled.

The biggest issue I had with it was the whole speculation of the day kill by VP and than how he hopped on the Jaerbs wagon late, I was so sure he was trying to Bus his buddy, I try not to rely on speculation very much and that is basically what the Jerbs wagon came from.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:41 am

Post by Tasky »

RobCapone wrote:2. Nobody made a convincing case on Jerbs, you can go back and look at my history and I do not normally just vote for somebody without a valid reason and
I still don't see one even after his lynch
and I know he is scum, he had me fooled.

The biggest issue I had with it was the whole speculation of the day kill by VP and than how he hopped on the Jaerbs wagon late, I was so sure he was trying to
Bus his buddy
, I try not to rely on speculation very much and that is basically what the Jerbs wagon came from.
hahahahaha... (emphasis mine)
please lynch this scum. thank you.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”