WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:38 pm

Post by WrathChild »

WrathChild wrote:Day 1 consisted mostly of me being V/LA and trying to address whatever was thrown at me. If you actually read you would know that. When I was no longer V/LA, I'm sure an experienced player like yourself could see I was able to do more than defend myself. Yeah I hammered Powerox, but there were lots of other people on that lynch. In hindsight, it may have cut discussion a bit short, but I thought we had kind of stalled out. I won't be hammering anymore unless I have concrete evidence against someone. I need to get adjusted to the stronger meta here. I have no evidence either way as to which kill was which, you may even go back and notice that I originally thought it was the other way due to the flavor, but upon considering the victims I began to speculate the other way around. I made no blind leaps of faith, I just used logic and may very well be completely wrong.

1) I think Bunny has been significantly scummier than myself. So the "connections" issue you bring up is the one that bothers me.
2) No wrong. I was never searching for an SK. Just because I said that a scummy player seems more likely to be an SK, doesn't make them less scummy. It doesn't mean that I set out Day 2 to find an SK. It means that I thought it could be a possibility once I saw scummy play.
3) Done.
This was in response to 1047
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

WrathChild wrote:I am speculating that mafia killed MoI and Bunny killed Chk.
I don't get this.....
quadz08 wrote:
Nero Cain wrote:
nhammen wrote:EBWOP: in conclusion, I'd rather see a dead Wrath than a dead Bunny, for the time being
VOTE: WrathChild
It took you 22 minutes to decide this?
Fluffflufffluffflufffluff. Who the hell cares how long it took? What does this post contribute to other than your post count?
I know your pissed that I called out your scumbuddy, CKD, but alot can happen in 22 minutes. But your right, even if he were scum its not like he'd actually admit to reading a QT.

unvote;vote: Quadz

TMH pls kill this guy.

Also I had no ability yesterday.
curiouskarmadog wrote:if tmh does get a vig today and he doesnt hit scum for whatever reason, the move to take the vig role is fucking super scummy
Are you saying that if TMH hits scum he's not scummy but if he hits town then he is scummy?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think killing scum is considered a towntell. In general.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:47 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Nero Cain wrote:I know your pissed that I called out your scumbuddy, CKD, but alot can happen in 22 minutes. But your right, even if he were scum its not like he'd actually admit to reading a QT.
..... Oooooookay then. Nero Cain's Unfounded Accusations Tally: +1.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:39 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

popsofctown wrote:Im not sure what you're saying about the virus, but to the best of my understanding, i think the person who has most recently read a "you got the potato" pm will explode if the timer goes off during a pass.
Trying to figure out why you are even bringing this up if we 1) tell a person to hold the virus until they explode or 2) pass it between two scummy players. The only reason I can think of is that you are sending this out as a warning to a potential scummate. FOS.

Bunnylover, are you refusing to hold the bomb if the group thinks you are the best choice to blow up? Would it matter if we say you will be the dayvig if you do not?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:52 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

I Am Innocent wrote:As of Post 1054.

Players Alive with a Role D1:

themanhimself - D1, Busdriver Ability, passed it along to Diddin.
quadz08 - D1, Hibernate Ability, passed it along.
DarlaBlueEyes
[
Narsis
]
- D1, Firewall Ability, passed it along.
diddin - D1 Dayvig, power taken by themanhimself
popsofctown - D1 Had a Power, passed it along.
Bunnylover
[
SnakePlissken
]
[
danGR
]
- D1 Had a Power, passed it along.
Implosion - D1 Treestump, passed it to curiouskarmadog
nhammen
[
EtherealCookie
]
- D1 Had a Power, passed it along.
Saint - D1 Had a Power, passed it along.

Players Alive with no Role D1:

LynchMePls
Lateralus22
[
TheLonging
]

WrathChild
curiouskarmadog
Nero Cain
I Am Innocent
StrangerCoug
[
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone
]

Parama

Players Alive, still unknown about any Roles:

RedCoyote
q21

Dead Players:

muh316 - D1 Watcher (died with him)
AntB - D1 Nothing
Helghast - D1 Nothing
Powerrox93 - D1 Double Voter (died with him)
MagnaOfIllusion - D1 Nothing
chkflip - D1 Ability Remover (died with him)
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:10 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

@ mod, was it possible for any player to start the game D1 with more than one cycling power? Or did you limit it to at most, 1 cycling power per player?

@RC, q21, please in your next post say whether you had an ability D1 or not, and if so did you pass it along.
StrangerCoug wrote:
I Am Innocent wrote:@ everybody. Should we discuss what might have been sent to the void/aka, roles that were sent to MOI/chkflp? Will a lack of this discussion hurt us later? Thoughts?

I asked this already and nobody commented.
I'm having trouble deciding either way. While there may be useful town roles in there, there may also be useful scum roles in there.
Bunnylover wrote:@The discussion: MoI had no abilities, so no ability went to the void. Chk ability that went to the void was the ability Remover. Their is nothing to discuss on that subject. If any abilities were sent to them, I think the mod would have informed us like he did with Chk ability.
nhammen wrote:I was actually wondering this last night. If scum sent an ability to the void, there are some implications here. Although, I think that the mod will probably return abilities sent to the void by scum quicker than other abilities, but I'm not sure whether that type of setup speculation is useful.
Here were the posts that I found that people answered my question.

A good point is brought up that roles sent to the void may not be permanently lost. So I think SC is right that maybe we should not say what roles were sent to the void quite yet. But I still think it is in the group's best interest to find out if a player sent it to MOI or Chkflp last night. Otherwise we leave a loophole that the scum could use later in the game.

@ Anyone who passed a role last night, please say if you sent it to
1) MOI
2) Chkflp
3) Someone else
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:58 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Nero Cain wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:if tmh does get a vig today and he doesnt hit scum for whatever reason, the move to take the vig role is fucking super scummy
Are you saying that if TMH hits scum he's not scummy but if he hits town then he is scummy?
I am saying the move is suspicious...scum would want to vig ability for themselves to take out townies...if today he kills someone and it ends up being scum, not as suspicious...but if he hits a townie, it doubles the suspicion in my eyes...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:58 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Nero Cain wrote:
I am saying the move is suspicious...scum would want to vig ability for themselves to take out townies...if today he kills someone and it ends up being scum, not as suspicious...but if he hits a townie, it doubles the suspicion in my eyes...
Are you saying he is scummy either way?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:00 am

quadz08 wrote:
Nero Cain wrote:I know your pissed that I called out your scumbuddy, CKD, but alot can happen in 22 minutes. But your right, even if he were scum its not like he'd actually admit to reading a QT.
..... Oooooookay then. Nero Cain's Unfounded Accusations Tally: +1.
are you even reading the game?...just +1....if they are not unfounded, they are out and out lies until someone calls him out of it and he gives you the old "oops i was wrong BS"...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

I Am Innocent wrote:
popsofctown wrote:Im not sure what you're saying about the virus, but to the best of my understanding, i think the person who has most recently read a "you got the potato" pm will explode if the timer goes off during a pass.
Trying to figure out why you are even bringing this up if we 1) tell a person to hold the virus until they explode or 2) pass it between two scummy players. The only reason I can think of is that you are sending this out as a warning to a potential scummate. FOS.

Bunnylover, are you refusing to hold the bomb if the group thinks you are the best choice to blow up? Would it matter if we say you will be the dayvig if you do not?
good gosh, your confirmation bias is ridiculous.

The reason I want to know is because if two scummy people are passing it, and I find one of them scummier, imma spam the thread with posts when that guy's holding it.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:53 am

Post by implosion »

quadz wrote:
WC wrote:Are we assuming the Shotgun to MoI was Vig and Purge to Chk was Mafia?

I don't think MoI would have been vigged (at least, not by a townie). I think MoI's death is likely the result of the mafia nightkill.
Agreed, and the word "purge" seems less likely to be mafia flavor anyway.

@the Bunnylover slip; IMO Bunny is town. I think the mistake is just thinking that the "void" of the VT PM is an ability and getting confused over that. I can see town doing this, even if I am the one who found the slip first.

@DBE/LMP 987-988; agreed with LMP 100%.

@IAI 991; Treestumping tmh tomorrow is a good idea. It could both get rid of the treestump and (bonus) assuming tmh is scum (which I am about 99% sure of)
it can confirm curiouskarmadog's alignment; if he fails to treestump tmh, he's mafia. If the treestump dies with tmh, he's town.
What do people think about this plan?

@IAI 995; talking about the void, I'm really not sure about. It really depends on whether or not there is an ability that affects the void, how it would work, etc... and the majority or entirety of the town doesn't know any of that.

@pops 1014; this is interesting. A Bunny flip could actually provide a
lot
of information even if Bunny is town. Still better to kill scum for now, though.

@Bunny 1031; lol, Saint is gonna rage. Not a terrible choice to send it to.

@Nero Cain 1051; this reads OMGUS to me. You're attacking quadz for attacking you, plain and simple, as far as I can tell... his question was completely legitimate.

@ckd (929), I really didn't think that far ahead and wanted to get rid of the stump. Also, just to confirm that you received the treestump, you should vote for someone.

My vote remains for now on DBE.

Other miscellaneous question: should tmh claim who he passed the busdriving ability to and/or whoever has the ability claim that they have it? Not only is it an incredibly antitown ability, but this could lead to yet another confirmed townie. In fact, can anyone think of
any
pro-town reason for the busdriving ability to exist, or should it be passed to tmh tonight as well?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:01 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

implosion wrote:@IAI 991; Treestumping tmh tomorrow is a good idea. It could both get rid of the treestump and (bonus) assuming tmh is scum (which I am about 99% sure of)
it can confirm curiouskarmadog's alignment; if he fails to treestump tmh, he's mafia. If the treestump dies with tmh, he's town.
What do people think about this plan?
I'm good with this. I should have mentioned that I'm still suspicious of themanhimself, and for some reason I don't like the in-and-out feeling I'm getting from curiouskarmadog.
implosion wrote:@Bunny 1031; lol, Saint is gonna rage. Not a terrible choice to send it to.
I disagree. I think giving the virus to Saint is a bit suboptimal as it's basically using it to get rid of a less than helpful, hard to read player.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:29 am

Post by The Eruci »

:: VoteCount 2x1 ::

LynchMePls (0) -

RedCoyote (0) -

themanhimself (1) -
Parama

Lateralus22 (0) -

WrathChild (1) -
nhammen

curiouskarmadog (0) -

quadz08 (2) -
diddin, Nero Cain

Nero Cain (0) -

DarlaBlueEyes (4) -
LynchMePls, implosion, popsofctown, Lateralus22

q21 (0) -

diddin (2) -
quadz08, q21

popsofctown (0) -

Bunnylover (3) -
Saint, StrangerCoug, DarlaBlueEyes

I Am Innocent (0) -

StrangerCoug (0) -

Parama (2) -
themanhimself, Bunnylover

Implosion (0) -

nhammen (0) -

Saint (0) -

Not Voting (4) -
curiouskarmadog, RedCoyote, WrathChild, I Am Innocent

With 19 alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

It was impossible for any player to start the game with more than one ability.
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Saint »

This slot has not received the Virus, but presumably that's because of the mod's schedule. (cut: this is no longer true)

Switching off Furcautopilot because there's no reason for me to sit around and let this slot die. Offhand the best person to take it is Parama, since he wants to die anyway <_< Plus I'm p. sure Wrathchild is Town getting framed.

The other good targets IMO (note that Furcolow's views are not my own and I haven't pressed my views on Furcolow) are:
*nhammen (rep. EtherealCookie)
*popsofctown
*Bunnylover
roughly in order of preference. I've wanted those first two to die, like, all game and no time is too soon.

Where did RedCoyote go? I really want to list him third or fourth but I can't remember anything he's done recently.

Lateralus and ckd are also people of interest - the former for going after TMH (whose wagon I didn't get), and the latter for possibly slipping and being whinier than helpful (nice attempt to appeal to my meta though).

I've only kept a loose eye on the thread because I'm supposed to be helping Furc first and foremost, but those are the reads I've picked up along the way.

Much as I'd love the chance to pass the potato to nhammen or pops really the Virus ability is only good for swatting down nonparticipants who can't (or don't want to) pass it away, so it's going to Parama. Furc can argue with me over this later when he gets back.

To answer your next question, no, I won't post more. That would defeat the purpose.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:44 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Saint wrote:
This slot has not received the Virus, but presumably that's because of the mod's schedule. (cut: this is no longer true)

Switching off Furcautopilot because there's no reason for me to sit around and let this slot die. Offhand the best person to take it is Parama, since he wants to die anyway <_<
The hell? Didn't we make a big fuss early today about it
NOT
being good to pass it to Parama for wanting to die?

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:17 am

Post by LimMePls »

LynchMePls wrote:
@DARLA

LynchMePls wrote: @Darla: List 3 players who are scum and why.
Don't dodge this again.
@DARLA: LIST 3 PLAYERS WHO ARE SCUM AND WHY.

Maybe 3rd time will be a charm?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Saint »

I spazzed and passed it to darla
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:36 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Don't worry, I think there's a better consensus for that.

Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Saint »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Saint wrote:

Switching off Furcautopilot because there's no reason for me to sit around and let this slot die. Offhand the best person to take it is Parama, since he wants to die anyway <_<
The hell? Didn't we make a big fuss early today about it
NOT
being good to pass it to Parama for wanting to die?
Must have missed it.

Really though - because the player has to actually SEE that they have the Virus (as in pick up the PM) and THEN decide to do nothing for 75 posts, the only people who wouldn't pass it off are people who are suicidal (Parama) or people who don't understand what "death" means (muh). It's in nobody's best interest to keep it except people who are actively willing to drag the game down and want out.

The other option is to keep passing it around forever, which is annoying for everyone and tells us nothing because it CAN be passed between scumpartners.

Cut: Or maybe Furcolow's decision will override my own, since I didn't get a message confirmation that I know of. Whatever.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:40 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Saint wrote:
The other good targets IMO (note that Furcolow's views are not my own and I haven't pressed my views on Furcolow) are:
*nhammen (rep. EtherealCookie)
*popsofctown
*Bunnylover
roughly in order of preference. I've wanted those first two to die, like, all game and no time is too soon.
QFT
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:43 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

StrangerCoug wrote:Don't worry, I think there's a better consensus for that.
Agreed.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Bunnylover »

@Pops: Thats an interesting situation. What I think will happen is a situation like this:
The virus explodes in 150 post.
Person A passes the virus to person B in 50 post.
The virus will denonate in 100 post.
40 post occur before Person B finds out he has the virus.
The virus will still denonate in 100 post, not counting those 40 post.
Does that make sense?

I asked the mod about my role, and the mod said that if I submit a choice, it is ignored.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:51 am

Post by Bunnylover »

I Am Innocent wrote:

If town wants me dead, I'm going to die one in two ways:
1) Die by the virus.
2) Waste town lynch on me, and having the virus hit someone else.
I would probably die by the virus so I don't waste town lynch.

Sorry if I miss anything else on this page, will get to it later, busy at the moment.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:08 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

sorry guys, this game is quite overwhelming and I have just now gotten internet fully back. Catching up now -

@ LMP - I will answer that after I read 41-43
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”