A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:35 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

GreyICE wrote:Okay, unless we have masons out there, most townies know one person with their alignment. Scum know multiple people with their alignment. They can nominate a 'pro-town' scum and wagon them up to governor.

EXPLAIN THIS VERY INSTANT WHY IT IS ANTI-TOWN TO NOMINATE YOURSELF. DO IT.
It's schtoopid. Schtoopidity is anti-town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:37 am

Post by Benmage »

The governor ability sucks anyways. 1 person can't die woahhhhhh if they governor did it to someone scummy that everyone wanted dead they'd b hung the next day....it really is nothing more than maybe a conversation starter...something scum can hide behind talking about.

Now drop it and raise me.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:37 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

/waits for ChessKid to come in and create 10 pages based on why people should mass nameclaim for governer status.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:38 am

Post by GreyICE »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
GreyICE wrote:Okay, unless we have masons out there, most townies know one person with their alignment. Scum know multiple people with their alignment. They can nominate a 'pro-town' scum and wagon them up to governor.

EXPLAIN THIS VERY INSTANT WHY IT IS ANTI-TOWN TO NOMINATE YOURSELF. DO IT.
It's schtoopid. Schtoopidity is anti-town.
EXPLANATION INSUFFICIENT.

VOTE REMAINS.

THIS IS NOT RVS. SCUM WILL SEEK TO RAISE OTHER SCUM.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:38 am

Post by LimMePls »

DrippingGoofball wrote:This one is because a second Percy vote is scummy, and a second self-raise scummier still.
Neither of these things is true.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:38 am

Post by Benmage »

What hydras we dealing with?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:39 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Someone wanna explain what a hydra brings to the game (mafia in general, not this theme)?
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:40 am

Post by Benmage »

Shadow1psc wrote:Someone wanna explain what a hydra brings to the game (mafia in general, not this theme)?
A Hydra is just multiple people playing under one name.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:40 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Well I know what it is, but why?
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:42 am

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Benmage wrote: I'd join the wagon on my bro Percy.....but we should already get down to business. Which VI goes first?

vote chesskid
You know I'm all about the policy lynches, but shadow is cheeky scum.
Magua wrote:That said, Raise: Twilight Sparkle because I'm rather confident than my reads and their reads will be similar, which would lead to similar usage of the governor ability unless they're scum, in which case, woo, caught scum.
This man speaks wisdom.
Shadow1psc wrote:lol @ rvbw *shrug*
It's not random.
Ben wrote:What hydras we dealing with?
Just us, I think.
Shadow1psc wrote:Someone wanna explain what a hydra brings to the game (mafia in general, not this theme)?
Hydras are formed for a few reasons. Ours is primarily because no one of us feels we can keep up with Storm of Swords completely on our own. We can all read along, but we are all long winded posters and sometimes it's hard to find time to make a post. So we all input our thoughts in a hydra QT and the person with the most time can input all three of our opinions in-thread.

-hito
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:44 am

Post by Magua »

GreyICE wrote:THIS IS NOT RVS. SCUM WILL SEEK TO RAISE OTHER SCUM.
Don't you *want* scum to raise other scum?
Song of Ice and Fire
Song of Ice and Fire
Townie
Song of Ice and Fire
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:45 am

Post by Song of Ice and Fire »

This too is my first big game on mafiascum, though I have played tons on other sites. I just couldn't resist the theme :D

VOTE: xvart I like 8, and you stole it from me.
When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives. ÔÇô Ned Stark
I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act. - Jaime Lannister
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:47 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

It would seem to me more scummy that people bw raise another person. Self raising doesn't seem inherently scummy in the slightest. Inb4 "you're scum for not thinking what you did is scummy"
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Shadow1psc wrote:It would seem to me more scummy that people bw raise another person. Self raising doesn't seem inherently scummy in the slightest. Inb4 "you're scum for not thinking what you did is scummy"
No, you're scummy for Raising without voting and your only justification for self-raising being "a concise way to piss off zoraster."
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:51 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

I know like two people in this game. Since when is not throwing a random vote that's just gonna be retracted scummy? I can random vote comically, but not self raise comically? I don't expect in the slightest to get the power, nor do I want it.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:52 am

Post by Magua »

Shadow1psc wrote:It would seem to me more scummy that people bw raise another person. Self raising doesn't seem inherently scummy in the slightest. Inb4 "you're scum for not thinking what you did is scummy"
Raising yourself tells us nothing about you. Three days from now, it will still tell us nothing about you.

Raising someone else tells us nothing about you *at this point in time*. Three days from now, it may tell us quite a bit about you.

Self-raising isn't scummy per se; it is, however, pointless for the town, which is what makes it attractive to scum.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:52 am

Post by Mikujin »

Vote: Shadow1psc

Because when I see that Scott Pilgrim avatar I get all sad on the inside. Mostly because of how terrible it is.

Raise: Mikujin
Douchebags get kind of a bad rap. They provide a useful service.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:53 am

GreyICE wrote:SCUM WILL SEEK TO RAISE OTHER SCUM.
What's the point of everybody raising themselves??????????
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:53 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

DGB wrote:I will vig anyone that raises themselves beyond this post.
Explain why. Because you played Clash of Kings. So yeah, explain.

--
GreyICE wrote:I want the governor powers out of play, and
I'm one of the few I trust
to put them there.
Please explain the bolded. Who are the other few you would trust and why do you trust them Page 1?

--
benmage wrote:I'd join the wagon on my bro Percy.....but we should already get down to business. Which VI goes first?

vote chesskid
Benmage makes a solid point here. I want to expand upon it.

To those who did not play in Clash of Kings please review it. A VI (CSL) killed the Town. He had been under pressure early on (Day 2) and was let of the hook for being a VI. Later he quickhammered the Town Doctor before a claim could be made and was still not held accountable. Obviously scum left him for the end-game scenario where he self-hammered as Town and facilitated the scum joint win.

The moral of the story – if a VI player is playing scummy you lynch / vig them. Giving a VI a pass based on being a VI assures they get deeper in the game where their poor decisions and actions have a greater negative impact be they Town or Scum.

/off Soapbox.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:54 am

Some people are really cranky.

Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:55 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Magua wrote:
Raising yourself tells us nothing about you. Three days from now, it will still tell us nothing about you.

Raising someone else tells us nothing about you *at this point in time*. Three days from now, it may tell us quite a bit about you.

Self-raising isn't scummy per se; it is, however, pointless for the town, which is what makes it attractive to scum.
That's a fair point, but one could say the same value of voting. I saw voting and raising as an empirically equivalent action as far as pure statistics goes. I could have random self voted to, it happens and people don't tend to freak out over it in RVS. If it makes you guys feel better though;

Unraise: Shadow1psc

pedit: I have had a similar experience with Chesskid in a mini theme.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:57 am

Post by Magua »

How many VIs do you count in this game, Magna?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:58 am

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
DGB wrote:I will vig anyone that raises themselves beyond this post.
Explain why. Because you played Clash of Kings. So yeah, explain.
I have infinite multiple dayvig powers. I'm swinging Excalibur.

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:03 am

Post by GreyICE »

Magua wrote:
GreyICE wrote:THIS IS NOT RVS. SCUM WILL SEEK TO RAISE OTHER SCUM.
Don't you *want* scum to raise other scum?
Noooooottt really, no. Don't have this amazing desire to find out what scum can do with a governor power. Don't have an amazing desire to find out if there's any powers that scum have brought online with this "Hand of the King" mechanic. Don't have any desire to find out that they have some sort of godfather powers or turn cops naive, or can get some cool thing if they're hand.

I will claim this: I have absolutely no role powers that are turned on by being hand, I get nothing out of it besides what is stated in this thread, and I will use the Governor power for only the reason of preventing the lynch of
confirmed
town (and I don't mean their posts have been kinda townish), and absolutely not at all on day 1, period.

I have no desire for a midgame governor surprise because someone is trigger happy. And I don't want it to go to Twilight Sparkle, because frankly Sotty7 is dangerous enough as scum, nevermind throwing in two other excellent players, and I'm going to treat that hydra like a giant timebomb until it's confirmed town or confirmed dead.

It's a serious candidacy - I'm voting for myself, because I trust myself here.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:12 am

Post by GreyICE »

Also Goofball vote is serious. I'm getting the feeling Goofball came swinging out day 1 with a gameplan and the self voting threw a spanner in the works. Look at the first post in the thread.

Goofball is flailing coming up for explanations on why it's anti-town. I want to see her thoughts and her thoughts alone here.

@MoI
- at the moment, 'few' is composed solely of me. If at some point, say, our esteemed moderator dropped into the thread and said "Hey, Chesskid3 is an innocent child, and is confirmed town" I'd STILL not want him with the powers. I don't want "LOL governor obvscum because I like their avatar" in this thread or anything resembling that. Seeing the players on the list, there are quite a few I'd trust with the powers if they were confirmed town - Locke Lamora, for instance. As I get a better feel for people, I MIGHT support another player if he feels very town to me and it feels like an actual consensus wagon, not a scum-pushing-scum wagon. But I'd prefer me.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”